PDA

View Full Version : How Will The Knicks Perform with New Acquisitions

kobe8titles24
08-05-2009, 10:40 PM
Im alittle confused because the knicks moves this offseason are good and bad and I dont understand what direction they are going in. First they get Darko Milicic I understand he can run and block shots and shoot he would be a good addition for Mike D'ntoni but im hearing reports about them trying to get Jerry Stackhouse,when he has been injured and declining over the last 5 years. Also I think its crazy they would not resign David Lee or Nate Robinson because why would Lebron leave a title contending Cleveland team for a team full of losers like Chris Duhon and Wilson Chandler. I really hope they can get Ramon Sessions because he could be a fine point guard for them or Jason Williams he would be great for their offense he might be able to be in old form again. They need to stop thinking about 2010 and be about right now this team hasnt made the playoffs in 5 years i was 14 the last time they did and the were swept. I feel with Sessions,J will,and if they resign david lee and have milicic they may perform alot better but to add players like Jerry Stackhouse to me is a waste....I dont get this organization! First they sign a bunch of guards like Jalen Rose,Steve Francis,etc now this!

Toenail Clipper
08-05-2009, 10:42 PM
These acquisitions will be wiped out before you know it.
They will sign a bunch of great players and superstars as well.

bal_ravens
08-05-2009, 10:45 PM
I hate the Knicks, but did you just call Wilson Chandler a loser?

BkOriginalOne
08-05-2009, 10:45 PM
There going to be a 500 team.
BUT THEY WILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS AS AN 8TH SEED!!!!

Daring statement of the offseason.

kobe8titles24
08-05-2009, 10:51 PM
I hate the Knicks, but did you just call Wilson Chandler a loser?

im not a big fan of him he plays well due to the offense and system there using...i dont believe on alot of other teams he would do so well...i dont hate the guy i just am not abig fan of him...like alot of people question allen iverson i question wilson chandler...david lee i approve of...as well as hard workers and guys like derek fisher,caron butler,michael redd...people who can work with anyone

NYtilIdie
08-05-2009, 10:56 PM
If we sign Sessions we will have a good line-up. We offered Nate a QO 6 mil it's up to him to sign same with Lee. Lee is crazy for asking for a multi year deal worth 10 mil especially since he's reached his ceiling. I would love Nate to come back he's really not getting any other offers so I don't see why he wouldn't come back.

If they sign they will most likely get more from us in the '10 off-season since we will have their bird rights. Why would we sign J-Will whose 33 yrs old? He'll most likely be a S&T if signed.

You called Wilson Chandler a loser? :laugh:

So if we sign Sessions our line-up will be
PG: Sessions/Duhon/Douglas
SG: Chandler/Nate/Hughes
SF: Gallo/Hughes
PF:Harrington/Hill/JJ
C: Curry/Milic/JJ

That looks good to be 8th seed nothing higher though.

29$JerZ
08-05-2009, 11:02 PM
Why make a Knicks thread in the NBa forum when you know nothing but sarcasm, jokes, and/or jokes will only be mentioned.

On a serious note though, we have had a simple offseason. Solid but not great.

Acquisitions
Darko Millicic
Jordan Hill
Tony Douglass

Losses
Quentin Brick Richardson
Chris Wilcox

Still in Limbo
Nate Robinson
David Lee

Trying to get
Ramon Sessions
Allen Iverson
Jason Williams
Jerry Stackhouse
Jamaal Tinsely

For the upcoming season I see no reason why we are being considered a lower 3 team?
We have done nothing but improve and are still trying to improve. Only teams in the East who were around our level and got better were Toronto. Orlando,Boston,Detroit are already playoff teams so only Toronto realy Jumped up.

KnicksorBust
08-05-2009, 11:03 PM
im not a big fan of him he plays well due to the offense and system there using...i dont believe on alot of other teams he would do so well...i dont hate the guy i just am not abig fan of him...like alot of people question allen iverson i question wilson chandler...david lee i approve of...as well as hard workers and guys like derek fisher,caron butler,michael redd...people who can work with anyone

no comment.

xabial
08-05-2009, 11:12 PM
The knicks plan stays the same man
First we unload the bloated contracts of Zeebo and crawford, and save $27.4M in cap for 2010 where Lebron James Dwayne Wade Bosh Johnson and many more all become free agents in 2010. Done
Im not saying theres a guarentee but i have hope.

On another note, Crawford was unloaded agian for Speedy Claxton and Acie law
And zeebo was just traded for Q rich :laugh:
Both players we unloaded got traded agian. So we did the right thing and are moving forward with financial flexablility while still getting 8 more wins than the year before.

More-Than-Most
08-05-2009, 11:27 PM
I would really like them to be above 500 but its the knicks and I just don't see it happening.

cowboyz180
08-05-2009, 11:28 PM
if they sign sessions it will be a pretty good offseason

Bausman
08-05-2009, 11:35 PM
The knicks plan stays the same man
First we unload the bloated contracts of Zeebo and crawford, and save $27.4M in cap for 2010 where Lebron James Dwayne Wade Bosh Johnson and many more all become free agents in 2010. Done
Im not saying theres a guarentee but i have hope.

On another note, Crawford was unloaded agian for Speedy Claxton and Acie law
And zeebo was just traded for Q rich :laugh:
Both players we unloaded got traded agian. So we did the right thing and are moving forward with financial flexablility while still getting 8 more wins than the year before.

Yup!

The Knicks financial situation was a mess and all Walsh is trying to do is unload bad contract so they can start fresh. After the mess that they were in, its really their only option.

Last year they started off the season well over .500 for the first 15 or so games and then traded away their best two players, Crawford and ZBo, who both fit D'antoni's system. That showed that the Knicks had no intentions of winning and were looking to fix their money problems just in time for 2010.

Blod offseason prediction... Knicks will come nowhere near a playoff spot and give Utah a great lotto pick.

madiaz3
08-05-2009, 11:38 PM
Wilson Chandler isn't a result of the system.

The fact that you appreciate David Lee much more when he doesn't play a lick of defense confuses me.

29$JerZ
08-05-2009, 11:42 PM
Wilson Chandler isn't the product of Mike D'Antoni

You can't teach versatility, and he worked on his entire game on the offseason after his freak injury his rookie year.

Only think Mike gave him was playing time and confidence saying he could be like or Marion.

Chronz
08-05-2009, 11:46 PM
Yea Wilson is an average player no matter what the system

pds916
08-05-2009, 11:51 PM
wilson chandler is a hardworker... hes one of the knicks best defenders and is still very young and versatile

madiaz3
08-05-2009, 11:54 PM

Good joke.

Kobe4Life
08-06-2009, 12:01 AM
below .500 , not any better than last season

TheFuture6
08-06-2009, 01:16 AM

:laugh2:

This guy has the answer.