PDA

View Full Version : Okc thunder playoffs?

dsickich123
08-05-2009, 09:52 PM
Will the OKC thunder make the playoffs in the west this year?

I think they have a chance at the 8 spot....

1. Lakers
2. San Antonio
3. Denver
4. Portland
5. Dallas
6. New Orleans
7. Utah
8. ????

*in my opinion the 8 SPOT COMES DOWN TO: Okc Thunder, Warriors, Phoenix, or the Clippers*

Houston is done: YAO out for season...no artest, no alston, tmac is no good.

Phoenix might be done too: all they have is Nash, Amare

What do you think>?

dsickich123
08-05-2009, 09:58 PM
give a reason why as well....do not just vote YES/NO

nikefreek220
08-05-2009, 10:10 PM
i say no.

but not because they dont have enough talent, but because they dont have enough expirience. I say 1 more year, and they will get in.

GeneWaldron#5
08-05-2009, 10:13 PM
I was torn. They could well make it but I think they will narrowly miss out. Their inexperience and the lack of a legit big man I think will be the deciding factor. Would like to see them make it though.

dsickich123
08-05-2009, 10:16 PM
I would love to see them make it

mcyz
08-05-2009, 10:18 PM
too young

mcyz
08-05-2009, 10:20 PM
if they stayed in seattle i would be rootin for em. but i hope they never make the playoffs.till seattle gets a team again. then durant can come back here and play.

LakersSaintsLSU
08-05-2009, 10:25 PM
not just yet

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/8632/psychobooty504.th.jpg (http://img43.imageshack.us/i/psychobooty504.jpg/)

LakersSaintsLSU
08-05-2009, 10:26 PM
Maybe Next YEar

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/8632/psychobooty504.th.jpg (http://img43.imageshack.us/i/psychobooty504.jpg/)

kobe8titles24
08-05-2009, 10:28 PM
Well here is what i think
1 lakers(obv)
2 mavericks(kidd,dirk,dampier,terry,howard,marion,ti m thomas,drew gooden,quintin ross etc there ready)
3 spurs(richard jefferson improves them)
4 blazers(thankyou andre miller and a healthy oden
5 nuggets(still lethal but no improvements)
6 suns (when running with nash amare,j rich,hill,and young players they can outscore alot of teams
7 hornets(idont feel okafor will give as much as expected)
8 jazz (without boozer they stay in the same spot)

i dont expect the thunder to be able to stop any of these teams. i am a big fan of kevin durant and westbrook and shaun livingston both healthy at point brings alot of good play. Also i believe they still have nenad krstic and jeff green to go along with young talent but definitely not enough to win 40 games...but a competitive young team who i hope will continue to develop alot of good young kids alittle older then me in oklahoma =D

ItsTheLastAce
08-05-2009, 10:29 PM
i hope they do, their one of my favorite teams. they really added some really nice pieces in the draft this year, harden and mullens. but their inexperience might keep them out for a year or two

GeorgeMcCloud21
08-05-2009, 10:35 PM
1.Lakers
2.Spurs
3.Mavs
4.Nuggets
5.T-Blazers
6.Jazz
7.Suns
8. Race between Rockets, Hornets, Clippers, & the Thunder

dsickich123
08-05-2009, 10:37 PM
Well here is what i think
1 lakers(obv)
2 mavericks(kidd,dirk,dampier,terry,howard,marion,ti m thomas,drew gooden,quintin ross etc there ready)
3 spurs(richard jefferson improves them)
4 blazers(thankyou andre miller and a healthy oden
5 nuggets(still lethal but no improvements)
6 suns (when running with nash amare,j rich,hill,and young players they can outscore alot of teams
7 hornets(idont feel okafor will give as much as expected)
8 jazz (without boozer they stay in the same spot)

i dont expect the thunder to be able to stop any of these teams. i am a big fan of kevin durant and westbrook and shaun livingston both healthy at point brings alot of good play. Also i believe they still have nenad krstic and jeff green to go along with young talent but definitely not enough to win 40 games...but a competitive young team who i hope will continue to develop alot of good young kids alittle older then me in oklahoma =D

I really dont think that Phoenix is gettin the 6 seed. I respect your opinion....but i dont see it....
They did not make the playoffs last year...and only got worse...amare wont stay healthy

Toenail Clipper
08-05-2009, 10:39 PM
Clippers will be in the playoffs, NOT OKC
OKC does not have a veteran leader

dsickich123
08-05-2009, 10:44 PM
Clippers will be in the playoffs, NOT OKC
OKC does not have a veteran leader

I do not really like the Clippers as a team. But, I can see them making the playoffs...if they stay healthy than this can be their year...

Jumba
08-05-2009, 10:47 PM
The Memphis Grizzlies have a greater chance of making the playoffs before the Clippers ever will.

dsickich123
08-05-2009, 10:49 PM
^^^^hmmm....i dono about that

dsickich123
08-05-2009, 10:52 PM
if no....how many years until they are in?

Jumba
08-05-2009, 11:01 PM
Conely -
Mayo -
Gay -
Arthur
m Gasol-

Carroll
Young
Tahbeet

Looks pretty promising... Of course excluding Z Bo...

Toenail Clipper
08-05-2009, 11:13 PM
Conely -
Mayo -
Gay -
Arthur
m Gasol-

Carroll
Young
Tahbeet

Looks pretty promising... Of course excluding Z Bo...

Kaman. Thornton. Griffin. B. Davis. R. Davis. Telfair. Camby. Gordon.

I don't think so (:

dsickich123
08-05-2009, 11:14 PM
I like Mayo, Gay, and M Gasol.....but I feel like everyone else is useless..

Lakersho
08-05-2009, 11:16 PM
I do not really like the Clippers as a team. But, I can see them making the playoffs...if they stay healthy than this can be their year...

and beat like a dog in first round...

Bashna
08-05-2009, 11:29 PM
I really dont think that Phoenix is gettin the 6 seed. I respect your opinion....but i dont see it....
They did not make the playoffs last year...and only got worse...amare wont stay healthy

This post shows a number of things. For starters, it shows that you know nothing about the Suns, and secondly you're speculating on something you're uninformed on, and furthermore it makes me question the validity of anything you ever post.

To elaborate, the suns not only got better, they got a pretty good amount better, Channing frye is a good young player and will spread the floor, Dragic and Lopez are still developing, Barbosa has been growing alot, getting into passing lanes and such, Amare is in a contract year, Hill re-signed, Nash re-signed, J-rich will be able to cut and get to the rim ALOT more without shaq in the middle, Aswell as amare. The Nash/stat Pick and pop is back, we've got a great opportunity to grab a 4-7seed with the rockets injured, jazz being in an ordeal with boozer, hornets could possibly have upgraded through the chandler trade, we have yet to see, but claiming the suns got worst because of the shaq trade is RIDICULOUSLY IDOTIC. Moreover; The suns got better, the bottom half of the playoff teams in the west got worst (with the exception of dallas).

My second point is Amare's injuries. His injuries are tied to his knee surgery, and his sudden retina problems. He WILL be wearing goggles/eye glasses, and his eye is certain to be fine well before pre-season starts. His knee hasn't gave him troubles. in 2006-07 and 07-08 he played 82, and 79 games respectively. And this year his eye problem, has been taken care of.

Lastly, your speculation of Amare's health (to reiterate my above point) is insane, i could say hey, Cp3 could die in a car crash, Kobe could get mugged and drugged by Shaq, Lebron could be at practice trying to dunk hard and he shatters the glass and it cuts some of his fingers off, Dwight bench presses so much he has anal prolapse, KG barks like a dog to some random gang banger on the street and gets shot, Deron williams goes to church, and is imprisoned by mormons. Stop speculating, it's f***ing stupid.

Sorry to rant, back on topic...I doubt the thunder make it this year, i bet they do make it 10-11, or 11-12 though. This year i see.

1: lakers
2: Spurs
3: Portland
4: Nuggets
5: Dallas
6: Phx/NOH
7: NOH/PHX
8: Utah.

Bashna
08-05-2009, 11:31 PM
Also, to redirect my above post to the standings... I'm going to change it to -

1: Lakers
2: Spurs
3: Trailblazers
4: Nuggets
5: Mavs
6: Hornets
7: Suns
8: Jazz

Just because it'd be ironic, hilarious, and obvious the suns play the spurs in the playoffs.

cowboyz180
08-05-2009, 11:34 PM
no they dont have enough experience. The suns will get in. and why are the mavs 5th?

Bashna
08-05-2009, 11:39 PM
Because with mavs additions, they have certaintly moved up.

Bausman
08-05-2009, 11:54 PM
I think they could be the surprise team but i think it would be better for the franchise if they got one more lotto pick. They are doing a great job of stockpiling talent and I hope that they all want to stick around together. Westbrook is one of my favorite PG's and Durrant is a superstar. Jeff Green has potential to be 16 and 8or9 guy and Harden was a great pick(and Mullens). Nenad is also a very underrated player... not a star but he can play C and hold it down well.

I hope they dont try and trade for a star and just let KD develop into the veteran leader they need. This guy will be battling Kobe, Wade, LeBron for scoring titles for the next 8 years or so. Unless it is a star Center... ie. Amare, Bynum, lol Howard.

I dont want to see them tank but it would be best to miss the playoffs and they could potentially become a dynasty.

Mavrix
08-06-2009, 12:50 AM
Dallas > Portland and possibly Denver

I have Dallas at 3, Denver at 4, Portland at 5

Then

6- New Orleans
7- Jazz
8- Phoenix

Mavrix
08-06-2009, 12:50 AM
Warriors > Thunder

way more talented

TheFuture6
08-06-2009, 01:06 AM
They still need a leader.

They play a lot of competitive games, but come crunch time they always fade away.

nbaguy123
08-06-2009, 01:08 AM
no, more likely 2-3 years when the entire spurs team retires :D, or until the old teams cant compete anymore, they'll have more experience, more first round picks, more chemistry , development, etc. whatever they'll be better.

dsickich123
08-06-2009, 10:50 PM
no way will it be 3 years...

tland22
08-07-2009, 02:16 PM
THEY STINK. I cant believe anyone would say "YES". Have you mpeople forgot? Many many times last season they looked and they were THE WORST TEAM IN THE NBA. And cuz Durant has a good year everyone now jumps them in to the playoffs? LMFAO...

jgonboricua
08-07-2009, 02:31 PM
clippers might take it...warriors can always make a move for amare or whoever and make a strong push

prs
08-07-2009, 03:34 PM
No they won't make the playoffs, they're a bad team. I think people overrate Green and Westbrook quite a bit. All they added was more young inexperienced players and they don't have a solid center.

Byronicle
08-07-2009, 03:39 PM
some western conference teams are in the decline which gives others an opening to rise, i.e. Golden State, Phoenix and i would argue Utah because of the whole Boozer issue

Young teams normally become more developed as the years go by and become better and better, OKC are a young team, the only thing they are missing is a good starting centre but who isnt really these days.

You got scorers from EVERY position, WEstbrook, Harden, Durant, Green...not really the centre though but Durant is going to be a superstar, he is going to lead this team to their first playoffs this year...

They will be this year's cinderella team