PDA

View Full Version : Who would you rather start your NBA team with??

AI4MVP
08-05-2009, 09:15 PM
Who would you rather start your NBA team with??

-Derrick Rose
-Rajon Rondo
-Devin Harris
-Tyreke Evans
-Ricky Rubio
-Jonny Flynn
-Brandon Jennings

i know most of these are rookies, so im pretty much asking would you choose the players that already have experience and you have an idea of what your guna get, or would you take a risk to pick a guy that could possibly be better or possibly be worse

Tommyh1331
08-05-2009, 09:23 PM
Rose

rsweene
08-05-2009, 09:29 PM
Champ (I still hate saying it), and last playoffs almost uplled a oscar robinson. Out of that list, hes my first pick hands down.

Vinny642
08-05-2009, 09:34 PM
Rose- young and might be on the level of Dwill and CP

Bruno
08-05-2009, 09:34 PM
Rose.

Robbw241
08-05-2009, 09:40 PM
My homerism says Harris but Ill take Rose

Zefflin
08-05-2009, 09:45 PM
My brain tells me Rose, my heart says Rubio.

B.JenningsMVP
08-05-2009, 09:45 PM
Brandon Jennings :D

IBleedPurple
08-05-2009, 09:53 PM
Rose, but a better comparison would come after this year.

JWO35
08-05-2009, 09:54 PM
Derrick Rose

fairandbalanced
08-05-2009, 10:00 PM
Beasly

DODGERS&LAKERS
08-05-2009, 10:02 PM
Definitely Rose

ManRam
08-05-2009, 10:04 PM
-Derrick Rose
-Rajon Rondo
-Tyreke Evans
-Devin Harris
-Jonny Flynn
-Ricky Rubio
-Brandon Jennings

In that order.

DODGERS&LAKERS
08-05-2009, 10:08 PM
-Derrick Rose
-Rajon Rondo
-Tyreke Evans
-Devin Harris
-Jonny Flynn
-Ricky Rubio
-Brandon Jennings

In that order.

Tyreke Evans? I haven't seen him play at all. Is he better than Devin Harris or does he have the potential to be? But other than that, I agree with your list

clutchski
08-05-2009, 10:11 PM
Nice to have seen a poll maybe so we could have seen a landslide of Rose votes

mcyz
08-05-2009, 10:22 PM
rondooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

dre1990
08-05-2009, 10:27 PM
Im tempted to say Jonny Flynn but its Rose

SeoulBeatz
rose, no doubt in my mind

J_M_B
Rajon Rondo

Bulls_fan90
08-05-2009, 10:42 PM
Derrick Rose

BkOriginalOne
08-05-2009, 10:44 PM
The R's... Rubio, Rose and Rondo have the most talent.

At this point, age - Rubio.
Pure talent level - Rose.
Winning Championships - Rondo.

All things considered, Rondo already does so many things that Rose and Rubio will never be able to do (especially on the Defensive end).
Keep in mind that if you Rondo was a better shooter (3point and FT) he would be an all star and maybe even All NBA talent.
Rondo can battle guards like Paul and WIlliams.. I don't think that Rose or Rubio would ever be able to handle them at any point in their careers.

krest213
08-05-2009, 10:51 PM
tony parker i dont care or chalmers

Illuminati999
08-05-2009, 11:38 PM
The R's... Rubio, Rose and Rondo have the most talent.

At this point, age - Rubio.
Pure talent level - Rose.
Winning Championships - Rondo.

All things considered, Rondo already does so many things that Rose and Rubio will never be able to do (especially on the Defensive end).
Keep in mind that if you Rondo was a better shooter (3point and FT) he would be an all star and maybe even All NBA talent.
Rondo can battle guards like Paul and WIlliams.. I don't think that Rose or Rubio would ever be able to handle them at any point in their careers.

Yeah and if Dwight Howard was better at shooting the 3 pointer and FT he would be even better than Kobe and Lebron. Just stfu about Rando. Besides, he has won A championship, not championshipS.

AI4MVP
08-06-2009, 02:01 AM
ok the answers are either Ricky Rubio or Derrick Rose

number one- for all of you that said Rondo, Ricky Rubio is much much better then Rondo. I dont care if he hasnt played a minute in the NBA. dont hate on him just because hes having a tough time getting out of his buyout. if youve followed the situation, youd know its not his fault. Rubio >>>>> Rondo. Yeah Rondo won a championship, but i guarntee the celtics still woulda won with Rubio instead of Rondo the year that they won a championship.

number two- brandon jennings has probably more talent than any point guard on the list, but Stephon Marbury also had as muh talent as any pg in the league. I just dont think Jennings' attitude will aloow him to be great and i wouldnt pick him to start my team.

number three-i think Tyreke Evans is a very good player, but he isnt a true point. If i wanted to pick a POINT GUARD to start a team with, it wouldnt be Tyreke Evans. Same with Devin Harris. Hes a great player, but hes a shoot/score first type of player, and id want a true point

Id pick Rose because of his talent, leadership, ability to make players better.

Same with Rubio. Hes a true, pass first point guard with amazing feel for the game, court vision, and passing ability that only wants to make his teammates better.

so my decision would be a coin flip between Rose and Rubio

QuaLiThADoN
08-06-2009, 02:22 AM
You should have put this in the bulls forum lmfao

QuaLiThADoN
08-06-2009, 02:22 AM
any question that has Rose in it..... well you know what happens

WillisLovechild
08-06-2009, 02:23 AM
Rose, but a better comparison would come after this year.

Kind of unrelated here, but I love how Sage's eyes are uneven and one's like half an inch higher than the other.

Oh yeah... Rose.

ZebraCity916
08-06-2009, 03:01 AM
Tyreke Evans? I haven't seen him play at all. Is he better than Devin Harris or does he have the potential to be? But other than that, I agree with your list

Yeah, he has the potential to be better than Harris cause of his height and weight but we won't really know until after this upcoming season is over.

I'm gonna have to pick Rose. Rondo is a very close 2nd though.

D1JM
08-06-2009, 03:20 AM
Rose

bigsams50
08-06-2009, 03:25 AM
Yeah and if Dwight Howard was better at shooting the 3 pointer and FT he would be even better than Kobe and Lebron. Just stfu about Rando. Besides, he has won A championship, not championshipS.

he's also all 2nd team defense, hate rondo all you want, dude almost averaged a triple double against rose in the playoffs

U1timateCubsFan
08-06-2009, 03:28 AM
Don't see how its anybody other than Rose from that list to be honest. He has an incredibly high ceiling and has proven that he can seriously ball already.

Zefflin
08-06-2009, 03:30 AM
he's also all 2nd team defense, hate rondo all you want, dude almost averaged a triple double against rose in the playoffs

Who cares if Rondo almost averaged a trip doub on him...Rose had sick #'s too - and it was Derrick's first time being in the playoffs with him leading his team for the W over the C's and Rondo...

bigsams50
08-06-2009, 03:35 AM
rose also was a turnover machine

J-Relo
08-06-2009, 03:38 AM
it's Rose.................

salimstoudamire
08-06-2009, 03:42 AM
Derrick Rose by a rediculous amount. Rajon sucks the balls. No way is he remotely close to Rose. All them other cats just arent real team starters.

JAYSAM87
08-06-2009, 03:45 AM
D Rose is sick... Has to be him at this moment

azkarraga
08-06-2009, 03:54 AM
let's wait till xmas, ok?

AI4MVP
08-06-2009, 05:14 AM
ok, by no means am i a celtic hater. actually, i go out and say right now that i pcik the Celts as the favorites to win the championship next year, but i think rajon rondo is absolutely the most overrated player in the NBA.

i solute him for "almost averaging a triple double" in the playoffs, but serioulsy, alooooot of people can average a trible double, but they dont because its called staying in your position. He went out of where he was supposed to be grab boards that could have gone to the big guys. thats not neccesarilly a good thing. hes not an amazing passer. yeah he does that little fake behind the back thing, but ive been doing that at 24 hour fitness since i was 14.

hes a great defensive point guard and thats it. hes also good at getting to the line, but come on..hes a professional point guard in the NBA. thats expected of him.

Let me restate, im not a celtic hatter. Kevin Garnett is one of my favorite players in the league and i wish everyone was as intense as he was blah blah blah, but serioulsy celt fans that pciked rondo, answer this question honeslty...

if the bulls called your boy danny ainge and said "we wanna trade you Derrick Rose for Rajon Rondo straight up"

would you guys do it?? its an easy question. i just wanna see how homerish you guys are

Beno7500
08-06-2009, 05:14 AM
sunflower

Bulls_fan90
08-06-2009, 05:46 AM
ok, by no means am i a celtic hater. actually, i go out and say right now that i pcik the Celts as the favorites to win the championship next year, but i think rajon rondo is absolutely the most overrated player in the NBA.

i solute him for "almost averaging a triple double" in the playoffs, but serioulsy, alooooot of people can average a trible double, but they dont because its called staying in your position. He went out of where he was supposed to be grab boards that could have gone to the big guys. thats not neccesarilly a good thing. hes not an amazing passer. yeah he does that little fake behind the back thing, but ive been doing that at 24 hour fitness since i was 14.

hes a great defensive point guard and thats it. hes also good at getting to the line, but come on..hes a professional point guard in the NBA. thats expected of him.

Let me restate, im not a celtic hatter. Kevin Garnett is one of my favorite players in the league and i wish everyone was as intense as he was blah blah blah, but serioulsy celt fans that pciked rondo, answer this question honeslty...

if the bulls called your boy danny ainge and said "we wanna trade you Derrick Rose for Rajon Rondo straight up"

would you guys do it?? its an easy question. i just wanna see how homerish you guys are

Great post :clap:

The celtics also tried to trade Rondo in the offseason to the pistons and were rejected immediately. Rondo is playing behind 3 superstars. Give Rose that luxury and he would have been an allstar last year.

DMOB23
08-06-2009, 06:25 AM
Rubio, cause he's the youngest, and is like the next steve nash, andi think he's only 17-19 something around that

Shortys4711
08-06-2009, 07:26 AM
rose, with out a doubt

Wilson
08-06-2009, 07:52 AM
Right now I'd say Derek Rose, but if Rajon Rondo can do anything similar to what he did in the play-offs throughout this season, I'd take him.

magichatnumber9
08-06-2009, 07:57 AM
Rajon Rondo. Killa