PDA

View Full Version : wich current 1st options...

Hellcrooner
08-05-2009, 04:24 PM
will ahve to step down to second opion ( as in Gasol going from memphis to LA ) or to first option b as in Kg to pierce . if they want to win a ring.?

Id say this dudes need to either go to another team and be second option or their team to get a true leader.

Al Jefferson.

B RoY

Deron Williams

Baron Davis

Kevin Martin (probly accetp to be Third option)

Dirk

Ming

Mayo

Joe Johnson

Arenas (probably to third option)

...who the hell is bcats 1st option now????

^same question for Bucks and Knicks

D Harris

Bosh

Igoudala

granger

HT9Canada
08-05-2009, 04:32 PM
You can't just go through team lists and say there best player isn't good enough to win a championship. If we take 5 players from there,
PG- D WIlliams
SG- B ROy
SF- D Granger
PF- C Bosh
C- Yao Ming

give them a couple role players and they would beat the Lakers from last year, and the Celtics from the year before. Nice try on the thread but a championship team doesnt need the best player in the league. Every team is different and who knows what can happen.

Lakers4ItAll
08-05-2009, 04:34 PM
The Pistons a couple years ago proved you don't need that #1 player to win it all just a great TEAM

Hellcrooner
08-05-2009, 04:36 PM
^no but they need an special star as in kobe, shaq, wade, jordan, magic, kareem, robinson, duncan hakeem etc etc.

i only see a couple of those right now, the old ones KObe, wade, Duncan, Pierce/kg,

and very few upstartings player that may reach that level as Anthony, Rose, Lebron, durant, Paul.

Hellcrooner
08-05-2009, 04:37 PM
The Pistons a couple years ago proved you don't need that #1 player to win it all just a great TEAM

wich has happened ONCE in all league history.

thats not a measure

or then i woudl say you can win with a suprstar and a lot of scrubs since Bry did it with warriors.

Mavrix
08-05-2009, 04:37 PM
Joe Johnson once he's on the Mavs next season

tland22
08-05-2009, 04:41 PM
^^^ yup thats a good point.

sp1derm00
08-05-2009, 05:09 PM
Brandon Roy can be a good first option. I don't think he should be on that list.

Although, I do believe that it would've been a Lakers-Blazers WCF matchup had the Blazers picked up Durant rather than Oden. Durant would definitely be a better first option, but probably not a better leader than Roy.

GeneWaldron#5
08-05-2009, 09:56 PM
I think B Roy has got the leadership qualities needed to be a number 1 option in a championship team. Not with the Blazers as they are at the minute but possibly in the future. I'm not saying he's in the same bracket as Kobe, LeBron etc but I do think he has certain qualities that, if he had the right supporting cast, could lead a team to a title.

kobe8titles24
08-05-2009, 10:32 PM
I think if Michael Redd went to Dallas or a place like new orleans he would make a team so much better behind say dirk and jkidd or chris paul. THat guy is lethal and healthy he could be a 1st option but any team he goes to he will make them better he is clutch a great shooter an all star type player even though he hasnt been lately and is a true professional...michael redd will be back! hes welcome on the lakers anyday =D so is chucky atkins lol