PDA

View Full Version : What would be a better finals for 2009-2010?

JordansBulls
08-05-2009, 03:52 PM
What would be a better finals for 2009-2010?

Spurs vs Celtics

The two top PF's in the Game in the 2000's going at it in Duncan vs Garnett

You also got Manu vs Allen, Pierce vs Jefferson, Parker vs Rondo and Rasheed vs Mcdyess

or

Lakers vs Cavaliers

The two top Wing Players in the Game in the 2000's going at it in Kobe vs Lebron

You also got a Shaq vs Gasol battle, Artest vs Mo, etc.

Now this isn't on which one would get the higher ratings, but which series would actually be better to watch and would be closer?

Obviously other teams can make the finals, but which one of those two would be the most entertaining and nip and tuck series?

lakers4sho
08-05-2009, 03:54 PM
Lakers-Cavs. It's going to be hyped like there's no tomorrow.

JordansBulls
08-05-2009, 03:57 PM
Lakers-Cavs. It's going to be hyped like there's no tomorrow.

It would be hyped no doubt, but that is why I mentioned which would actually be a close series and good to see?

I think Spurs vs Celtics would be good because both teams match up perfectly.

Speedy PG's in Rondo and Parker

Good wing players in Pierce and Jefferson along with good guards in Allen and Manu

Great Big men that are elite defenders and play both ends in Duncan and Garnett

Great Role players now in Rasheed and Mcdyess (former teammates as well)

Zefflin
08-05-2009, 04:02 PM
It would be hyped no doubt, but that is why I mentioned which would actually be a close series and good to see?

I think if LA and the Cavs met last year it would have been a let down series, no matter the hype. But the Cavs this year are much more equipped to match-up with the Lakers for an exciting series. I'd rather watch that.

Hellcrooner
08-05-2009, 04:05 PM
1 lakers -celtics the all time classic

2 lakers - cavs the puppet duel

3 lakers - magic the rematch

4 spurs-cavs lebrons revenge.

5 nuggets-cavs the 2003 showdown bird vs magic again

Zefflin
08-05-2009, 04:09 PM
4 spurs-cavs lebrons revenge.

That would be cool to see, cept I wouldn't want to watch the finals without my boy Kobe.

mdabstar
08-05-2009, 04:12 PM
cavs lakers, but i dont think this will happen this year....

Raps08-09 Champ
08-05-2009, 04:14 PM
People would obviously vote for Kobe vs Lebron.

Everyone pretty much hates the Spurs winning and a lot of people hate on the Celtics because of KG and his "intensity" which pisses a lot of people off.

Raps08-09 Champ
08-05-2009, 04:19 PM
I think a Cavs vs Lakers match would be really close.

Both teams are stacked and they are almost set at every other position.

Shaq>Bynum(Bynum really didn't do much in the playoffs)
Varajao<Gasol(Gasol is better than Varajao but he might piss of Gasol because of his defense)
Lebron>Artest(No questions)
Parker<Kobe(No questions)
Williams>Fisher(Fisher is more clutch but Williams is more talented)

Bench is pretty much even but maybe an advantage to Lakers because of experience.

B.JenningsMVP
08-05-2009, 04:47 PM
Kobe vs Lebron
nough said

Reddd
08-05-2009, 04:48 PM
I'd say Spurs-Celtics, just so much experience and great matchups at any position, not like Varejao vs Pau or Kobe vs A.Parker

Hellcrooner
08-05-2009, 04:50 PM
I think a Cavs vs Lakers match would be really close.

Both teams are stacked and they are almost set at every other position.

Shaq>Bynum(Bynum really didn't do much in the playoffs)
Varajao<Gasol(Gasol is better than Varajao but he might piss of Gasol because of his defense)
Lebron>Artest(No questions)
Parker<Kobe(No questions)
Williams>Fisher(Fisher is more clutch but Williams is more talented)

Bench is pretty much even but maybe an advantage to Lakers because of experience.

im prettu sure in such a finals phil wil bench bynum trhow muchmore mobile odom over varejao and pau to hold shaq, if he oculd hold dwight he can take care of an old shaq, and at least he TRYES on defense unlike bynum

Bruno
08-05-2009, 05:34 PM
Laker/Cavs. But every Laker fan knows they want Boston in the finals.

Raps08-09 Champ
08-05-2009, 06:48 PM
im prettu sure in such a finals phil wil bench bynum trhow muchmore mobile odom over varejao and pau to hold shaq, if he oculd hold dwight he can take care of an old shaq, and at least he TRYES on defense unlike bynum

Either way, it still seems even.

Hawkeye15
08-05-2009, 06:49 PM
Denver/Boston for me. Don't like the Lakers or the Spurs.

FlakeyFool
08-05-2009, 06:50 PM
timberwolves and wizards

Hawkeye15
08-05-2009, 06:50 PM
although, Celtics beating the Spurs would be awesome too! I am the biggest KG fan alive, and have always thought he was as good as Duncan, only without any help. It would be sweet if he beat Tim head to head for the ring

Hawkeye15
08-05-2009, 06:51 PM
timberwolves and wizards

:clap:

RaiderLakersA's
08-05-2009, 07:02 PM
Now this isn't on which one would get the higher ratings, but which series would actually be better to watch and would be closer?

Better to watch? Lakers-Cavs. IF the Lakers win, Kobe gets mad bragging rights over one of his biggest rivals, and the biggest claimant/pretender to the throne. If the Cavs win, Kobe's 7 NBA Finals appearances means absolutely nothing as he watched LeShaq dance off with his bling. As much as I wouldn't mind a Duncan v. Garnett deathmatch, you can't beat Lakers-Cavs for entertainment value.

Closer? (Meaning more competitive) Spurs-Celtics. Fist fights and bloody noses, figuratively speaking. This would be one for the ages, and I bet it would go 7 games and 3 OT periods long before we find out who the winner is.

Toenail Clipper
08-05-2009, 07:42 PM
Who wants to see old coots battle it out?
I want to see LeBron VS Kobe to stop the argument already of who's better.

agnine
08-05-2009, 07:52 PM
Lakers vs. Celtics - cause im a little old school, BUT.......

Nuggets vs. Cavaliers would be SUPER entertaining. Melo vs. LeBron on the biggest stage, yay. but, both will have to wait a couple seasons as this years finals will be a rematch from last year.

Chacarron
08-05-2009, 08:13 PM
Lakers vs. Celtics

I doubt the Cavs can reach the finals this season, even with Shaq. Celts have KG back and he's going to dominate.

JordansBulls
08-05-2009, 09:46 PM
although, Celtics beating the Spurs would be awesome too! I am the biggest KG fan alive, and have always thought he was as good as Duncan, only without any help. It would be sweet if he beat Tim head to head for the ring

Yeah I think the only time they met was in 1999.

Hawkeye15
08-05-2009, 10:30 PM
Yeah I think the only time they met was in 1999.

I was at one of those games. I would love to see KG beat Duncan in the finals.

B.JenningsMVP
08-05-2009, 10:37 PM
NY Knicks vs LA Sparks
Sparks win in 6

JordansBulls
08-07-2009, 11:32 PM

That would be a great series.

Iron24th
08-08-2009, 01:04 AM
Lakers - celtics , no doubt about that.

SA5195
08-08-2009, 01:26 AM
I don't know, anything can happen, last year everyone was sure that Kobe and Lebron would face off in the finals, but didn't happen

Lakersfan2483
08-08-2009, 01:38 AM
Celtics vs Lakers

Bruno
08-08-2009, 01:46 AM

Boston would crush Denver, 4-2 AT BEST.

Bruno
08-08-2009, 01:47 AM

It would be pretty awesome, the two greatest PF's ever head to head.

Raph12
08-08-2009, 02:12 AM
the Kobe-Lebron will be more wanted, but will still be a letdown. Lebron can't keep pace with Kobe unless KB24 loses a step this offseason. Kobe's getting older and Lebron is moving into his prime, with Kobe's age one factor he can still shutdown Lebron as of last season, we will see what this season holds, Gasol, Artest and Odom will be the deciding factors anyways. LA in 5 or 6. The Spurs-Celtics series will be alot better than Lakers-Cavs would ever be, Lebron and Kobe will just shoot 20+fts each game and Bynum & Shaq will foul out each game and then Artest, Odom and Gasol will dominate the rest of the Cavs, but to see the 2000-2009 #1 PF Duncan take on the #2 PF Garnett after all of these years, will be amazing, Parker vs Rondo, Ginobili vs Allen, McDyess vs Wallace and Jefferson vs Pierce man I get goosebumps just thinking about it.

But this poll again is already counting Orlando out, chances are the Magic eliminate the Cavs and the Celts, then what is left? I'll tell you what:

The Magic vs Lakers rematch, Nelson vs Fisher, Carter/Pietrus vs Kobe, Lewis/Barnes vs Odom/Artest, Bass/Lewis vs Gasol/Odom, Dwight vs Bynum/Gasol

or

The Magic vs Spurs face-off, Nelson vs Parker, Carter/Pietrus vs Ginobli/Mason, Lewis/Barnes vs Jefferson/Finlay, Bass vs McDyess, Dwight vs Duncan

Either of those Finals would be great, but a lot of Celts/Cavs fans/bandwagonners would be disappointed their team was eliminated again and would say the Finals are boring, well too bad get over it people make room because the Magic are busting in your living rooms next June. Btw Spurs-Celtics would be an amazing constellation prize if the Magic don't make it to the Finals again.

JordansBulls
08-08-2009, 02:29 PM
It would be pretty awesome, the two greatest PF's ever head to head.

Malone is still ahead of Garnett. Malone is still considered a top 15 player ever whereas Garnett may be a top 20 just like Barkley.

prs
08-08-2009, 03:09 PM
I'm personally hoping for Spurs vs Celtics. So many good match ups in that series. It would be great to watch and should be close.

I also want to see the Wizards upset the Cavs in the 1st or 2nd round, would be gr8.

Anyways I'd also take Lakers vs Celtics or Magic rematch I guess. I think the Lakers will hopefully be more exciting to watch this year. Sometimes they look so flat and unmotivated and it kills the game for me. I think with the addition of Artest though they won't have those ugly off games. He should bring a lil spark like birdman does for the nuggets.

JordansBulls
08-09-2009, 06:36 PM
I'm personally hoping for Spurs vs Celtics. So many good match ups in that series. It would be great to watch and should be close.

I also want to see the Wizards upset the Cavs in the 1st or 2nd round, would be gr8.

Anyways I'd also take Lakers vs Celtics or Magic rematch I guess. I think the Lakers will hopefully be more exciting to watch this year. Sometimes they look so flat and unmotivated and it kills the game for me. I think with the addition of Artest though they won't have those ugly off games. He should bring a lil spark like birdman does for the nuggets.

Nuggets vs Cavs would be good if the Nuggets can get an allstar big man.

Wilson
08-09-2009, 07:56 PM
Obviously I'm biased, I'd rather watch the Lakers play in the finals than the Spurs. Either series, without injuries, would be incredible though.

That would be awesome as well. 'Melo was doing a great job on Kobe in games one and two of the Western Finals (I'm still baffled as to why coach Karl took him off of Kobe), it would be fun to watch him and Pierce go at it whilst the rest of the players roughed each other up.

DetroitRipCity
08-09-2009, 08:14 PM
Pistons v Lakers with a repeat of 2004 :p

(a guy can hope right?)

if it isnt the Pistons in the East i would like to see a rematch of last year im really tired of Celtics-Lakers and im tired of the hype of cavs-lakers when its never happened

IversonIsKrazy
08-09-2009, 08:38 PM
Spurs VS Celtics would be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

C: Dyess VS Sheed (old friends, now competing against each-other at the same position)
PF: Duncan VS KG (2 best PF's in the past decade.)
SF: Jefferson VS Pierce (2 all-star SF's, but Pierce is a bit better.)
SG: Manu VS Allen (Manu would come off the bench, but this would be an amazing match-up.)
PG: Parker VS ROndo (2 very quick PG's going at it, we all remember how CHicago-Boston was enertaining, but Parker is a lot better than Rondo.)

This series would be so amazingly close, competitive, legendary, and enertaining, i mean KG VS Duncan in the Finals, y wouldnt u watch that!

Byronicle
08-09-2009, 08:59 PM
i never want to see Spurs in the finals ever, its too boring, Duncan doesn't dunk!!! I rather see 2 of the world's best lead there teams in battle against one another

Wilson
08-09-2009, 09:23 PM
i never want to see Spurs in the finals ever, its too boring, Duncan doesn't dunk!!! I rather see 2 of the world's best lead there teams in battle against one another

Duncan and Garnett are two of the world's best. Also, Kobe Bryant doesn't really dunk that often anymore...

zachattach
08-09-2009, 09:46 PM
There is no denying that watching Kobe and LeBron go head to head on the biggest stage in basketball would out -do any other match up. That is one match up I hope we all get to see. That's MJ vs. Magic stadise

johnnychan
08-09-2009, 09:58 PM
Lakers vs. whoever

MajorFloridaFan
08-09-2009, 10:12 PM
Lakers Magic....2 of those games could have gone the other way

NiNerRider415
08-09-2009, 10:13 PM
Lakers vs Cavs - They have the two most hyped athletes in sports - no question.

LA_Raiders
08-09-2009, 10:32 PM
Spurs vs Boston would be the lowest ratings ever...boring as ****

Lakers vs Orlando Rematch...

Kobe vs VC
Bynum vs Dwight
Artest vs Juiced

LA_Raiders
08-09-2009, 10:36 PM

I hope it happens, pay back for Arenas... I would love to see diva queen LeBroom Sore Loser crying

JordansBulls
08-09-2009, 11:36 PM
Pistons v Lakers with a repeat of 2004 :p

(a guy can hope right?)

if it isnt the Pistons in the East i would like to see a rematch of last year im really tired of Celtics-Lakers and im tired of the hype of cavs-lakers when its never happened

Bulls vs Jazz if that is the case.

todu82
08-09-2009, 11:39 PM
Lakers/Cavs featuring the 2 best players in the NBA.

JordansBulls
08-10-2009, 08:23 AM
I'm more interested in seeing even team matches not best player matches unless both teams have a good chance to win.

BkOriginalOne
08-10-2009, 08:39 AM
I don't want to see Lebron compete/win a title until his game becomes complete.

Young2Kinsler
08-10-2009, 11:48 AM
Same boring teams. Let's have the Yankees and Red Sox play in the ALCS too, we haven't seen that enough. I want fresh blood like Orlando, some one shock me!

Tom81
08-10-2009, 11:52 AM
Spurs vs Celtics

_KB24_
08-12-2009, 07:12 AM
Lakers vs Cavs.... Imagine the ****ing revenue and hype David ****ing Stern would generate. ESPN would be jizzing in its pants! Kobe vs Lebron!? No, ok, how about Kobe vs Shaq!? No? Lebron vs Artest!? No? Shaq vs Bynum? No?

Imagine...

MTar786
08-12-2009, 08:52 AM
Malone is still ahead of Garnett. Malone is still considered a top 15 player ever whereas Garnett may be a top 20 just like Barkley.

good point.. ive seen malone in his prime n i cant argue he may be considered the best or second best pf.. bt i'd take garnett over malone in their primes in a heartbeat. garnett does everything.. passes, rebounds shoots, defends.. intense.. im not a huge fan of KG but i gta give credit where credit is due.. garnett is like a faster weaker version of duncan with less fundamentals but with better passing skills and is more intense

king4day
08-12-2009, 09:00 AM
Suns v. Bobcats
Battle of my team against my city. ONE WILL FALLLLLLLLLL!!!!

king4day
08-12-2009, 09:02 AM
Lakers vs Cavs.... Imagine the ****ing revenue and hype David ****ing Stern would generate. ESPN would be jizzing in its pants! Kobe vs Lebron!? No, ok, how about Kobe vs Shaq!? No? Lebron vs Artest!? No? Shaq vs Bynum? No?

Imagine...

There's really nothing past Kobe v. LBJ/Shaq.
No one would care about Artest nor Bynum.

king4day
08-12-2009, 09:02 AM
Same boring teams. Let's have the Yankees and Red Sox play in the ALCS too, we haven't seen that enough. I want fresh blood like Orlando, some one shock me!

Isn't that an oxymoron since Orlando was just there?

28+24+5=3champs
08-12-2009, 09:12 AM
lakers vs cavs. those games during the regular season were great to watch. i wouldnt mind seeing seven of them

CELTICS4LYFE
08-12-2009, 09:42 AM
kobe vs lebron would obviously b the big story but celtics vs spurs wouldnt b bad at all the whole story bout how the celtics were supposed to get ducan

Wilson
08-12-2009, 09:52 AM
kobe vs lebron would obviously b the big story but celtics vs spurs wouldnt b bad at all the whole story bout how the celtics were supposed to get ducan

There wouldn't be as many storylines, but there would be some fantastic basketball played. The Celtics and Spurs match up really well.

_KB24_
08-12-2009, 07:09 PM
There's really nothing past Kobe v. LBJ/Shaq.
No one would care about Artest nor Bynum.

Wouldn't you wanna see Artest defending Lebron? That be a great matchup, imagine the pushing and physicality. Shaq and Bynum would also be a great matchup and they have had a little push or two before.

But I agree the Kobe vs Lebron/Shaq would eat up the media.

ARMIN12NBA
08-12-2009, 07:13 PM
Duncan and Garnett aren't the same Duncan and Garnett earlier in the previous decade.

It is clearly Lakers v. Cavs for the better Finals in terms of both play and interest around the world.

SteveNash
08-12-2009, 10:03 PM
I would have loved to see Spurs/Celtics if all their old players were a few years younger.

Right now it would be LA/CLE even though the Cavs are pretty boring to watch.