PDA

View Full Version : 2009-2010 AllStar Slam Dunk Contest

JNaqvi23
08-05-2009, 02:50 PM
So lets say hypothetically that LeBron is in the dunk contest like he claimed he was going to be...other that Dwight Howard who else would you like to see LBJ go up against?

heres a potential list:

Josh Smith
Derrick Rose
Gerald Green
Nate Robinson
J.R. Smith
Rudy Gay
Jamario Moon
Andre Iguadala
Jeff Green
Blake Griffin (Although I dont see him being very creative with his dunking)

Who else do you think would give "King" James and D-Howard a run?

Raps18-19 Champ
08-05-2009, 02:53 PM
Stern said he likes to give it to rookies and 2nd or 3rd year players with a vet or 2 in there.

Here is my list

Lebron James
Joe Alexander
Russell Westbrook
Demar Derozan

And I really can't see Howard coming back. He didn't want to do it last year if I'm not mistaken.

nyyfan4life
08-05-2009, 02:55 PM
James White...

RiLoc
08-05-2009, 03:00 PM
James White...
I'm going to be seriously disappointed if White's not in the contest. Sometimes I think only reason he's on the Rockets' roster is to get some press when the winner of the contest has a Rockets jersey on.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-05-2009, 03:09 PM
James White barely has anything else. No shot, nothing. He is a worse Gerald Green but with better dunking. That being said, he won't be on a team.

nyyankees09
08-05-2009, 03:12 PM
LeBron James
Dwight Howard
Nate Robinson
Demar DeRozan

tland22
08-05-2009, 03:13 PM
DERRICK ROSE? LOL what are you, a Bulls fan? He isnt by any stretch of the imagination a GREAT dunker. How dare yu mention him in the same sentence as the Dunk Contest...

i know he is you guys savior, but come on! seriously? Dunk contest? Giving LeBron and D12 a run for their money...no way.

That being said..Jason Richardson would give them a run for their money.

Master Mind
08-05-2009, 03:49 PM
DERRICK ROSE? LOL what are you, a Bulls fan? He isnt by any stretch of the imagination a GREAT dunker. How dare yu mention him in the same sentence as the Dunk Contest...

i know he is you guys savior, but come on! seriously? Dunk contest? Giving LeBron and D12 a run for their money...no way.

I'm not a Bulls fan but you're sadly mistaken if you think D-Rose is not a great dunker...The boy got ups!

chitownbulls
08-05-2009, 03:52 PM

you obviously havent seen him dunk:eyebrow:.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-05-2009, 03:54 PM
I don't think Derrick Rose has the hops to be a creative dunker.

I don't think he might have the hops to do a 360 or other flashy dunks needed in the dunk competition.

Zefflin
08-05-2009, 03:58 PM
Oh the boy can sure as hell dunk, but he's not good enough for the dunk-contest. I like him a lot but that would be unfair to the dozens of players who would be more fun to watch.

Reddd
08-05-2009, 04:01 PM
I wish a Bron-DWade face-off:pray:

THiiRTYONE
08-05-2009, 04:03 PM
Demar derozan! Just you wait.. :)

kobe24>lebron23
08-05-2009, 04:03 PM
i believe kobe bryant still has it but i don't think he would participate.. shannon brown and d-wade maby

magichatnumber9
08-05-2009, 04:04 PM
I don't care about any of these other busters. I want to see Lebron James in that dunk contest.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-05-2009, 04:10 PM
I would like it if they had 2 dunk contest with 1 being guys 5 years or less in the league and 1 with veterans. Then the 2 winners face off.

xxdc2tegxx
08-05-2009, 05:01 PM

I don't think he might have the hops to do a 360 or other flashy dunks needed in the dunk competition.

have u guys not seen him derrick rose dunk?!?! he's got a legit 40 inch vertical and can almost get his head near the rim...

come on now

AntiG
08-05-2009, 05:09 PM
JR Giddens and Bill Walker.

Shahrose
08-05-2009, 05:10 PM

did you not see the skills comp last yr? that dunked he pulled off at the end looked effortless
he would be great in the dunk contest

tland22
08-05-2009, 05:12 PM
of course Rose CAN dunk..but not DUNK CONTEST material....u wanna see worthy Dunkers, go download videos of Kobe, Tracy McGrady, Vince Carter and Jason Richardson. Rose couldnt even DREAM of doing dunks like these cats.

AntwanN21
08-05-2009, 05:32 PM
How about an all out best dunkers istead of rookies and young players........

2009-2010 Dunk Contest

Lebron James
Kobe Bryant
Vince Carter
Dwight Howard

that would be pretty sick......... I would also like to see every player get 4 dunks throughout without any elimination that way we can see all the dunks they players have prepared.

dgreat5000
08-05-2009, 05:34 PM
There is no dunk that Lebron can do that James white can't do..he's the best dunker alive..

azkarraga
08-05-2009, 05:45 PM
i just hope they work on the dunk constest. the jury should be a jury, not a bunch of friends hanging around while there's somebody doing something weird on the court, aka, the kritpnotite thing or the phone box.

i want the best dunkers doing their best show and being judged by a serious jury. if id wanned a circus like act, id to the circus. with all my respect to the circus, by the way.

Verbal Christ
08-05-2009, 06:10 PM
james white will go from the free throw line, between the legs and the arena will be stupified, just give him the trophy now and save everyone some time.

NYYCowboys
08-05-2009, 06:27 PM
http://www.nba.com/dunk/

Can someone please make sense of this link? Is the winner in the actual dunk contest or do they pick 4 of these guys to compete in a separate dunk contest not with the players?

Tmac,lt,berkman
08-05-2009, 06:53 PM
lebron james
demar derozan
james white
thaddeus young

Tmac,lt,berkman
08-05-2009, 06:59 PM
I don't care about any of these other busters. I want to see Lebron James in that dunk contest.

james white would make him look terrible

Run&Gun
08-05-2009, 07:02 PM

Yeah I'd agree with you there, he's probably around the same level as Westbrook in terms of dunking maybe a little better, but not athletic enough to be a really great dunker, I think JR Smith is a better dunker and he sucked last year. On that note, J-Rich is probably in my opinion is still one of the top dunkers that can use his athleticism to out dunk people rather than props, maybe one of the last looking back at the last couple of dunk contest. On another note did anyone see nba.com/dunk Sprite is making I guess another dunk contest for Amatuers that are better than anyone in the NBA is right now, you all should know Air up there AKA 720, no one is touch that.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-05-2009, 07:04 PM
have u guys not seen him derrick rose dunk?!?! he's got a legit 40 inch vertical and can almost get his head near the rim...

come on now

You think he has the hops to do 360's or alley oops?

Because I don't. He doesn't llok like a guy who would be creative.

Run&Gun
08-05-2009, 07:10 PM

come on now

40 in is impressive, but everyone else that they put on that list has a higher vert than that, if he went to the dunk contest he probably wouldn't make it past the second round if he got lucky no offense bulls fans. He'd put down some nice dunks but nothing to really be remembered by.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-05-2009, 07:11 PM
He is kind of like Westbrook who can dunk strong as a PG but doesn't look like he can stay in the air long for a 360 or windmill.

D_Rose1118
08-05-2009, 07:15 PM

your dumb :rolleyes:

he vertical is only 2 inches shorter than bron bron

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-05-2009, 07:40 PM
D12
LBJ
Russell Westbrook
J Smoove

JNaqvi23
08-05-2009, 07:42 PM
Yeah I'd agree with you there, he's probably around the same level as Westbrook in terms of dunking maybe a little better, but not athletic enough to be a really great dunker, I think JR Smith is a better dunker and he sucked last year. On that note, J-Rich is probably in my opinion is still one of the top dunkers that can use his athleticism to out dunk people rather than props, maybe one of the last looking back at the last couple of dunk contest. On another note did anyone see nba.com/dunk Sprite is making I guess another dunk contest for Amatuers that are better than anyone in the NBA is right now, you all should know Air up there AKA 720, no one is touch that.

HUH? Listen I am by no means being a hometown guy on this one but you are out of your f'in mind if you think D Rose is not athletic enough to be a good dunker...he would put Westbrook to shame in a dunk contest...analysts say Rose is a mini LBJ so you are sadly mistaken my friend...they only thing that would not make him competitive in this would be that he is in fact DUMB...he might not be creative enough but if someone just told him what to do im sure he could pull off anything you throw at him...just look up D Rose high school highlights and you will see how "UNATHLETIC" he really is...in high school this guy could touch he head on the rim so dont tell me he isn't athletic enough

on another note...LBJ just makes it look too easy that might just kill the dunk contest for years to come lol

jim51990
08-05-2009, 07:45 PM
lebron
joe alexander
russell westbrook
bill walker

Raps18-19 Champ
08-05-2009, 07:45 PM
your dumb :rolleyes:

he vertical is only 2 inches shorter than bron bron

I'm dumb because I'm not in love with Rose like you?

So what if I don't think Rose can be creative in the dunk contest?

Guys like you start to make me hate on certain teams.

jim51990
08-05-2009, 07:47 PM
and no rose would suck in a dunk contest he does not have the ups of westbrook or nate the only point guards who should be considered

JNaqvi23
08-05-2009, 07:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQvTABMutyw

JNaqvi23
08-05-2009, 07:50 PM
and no rose would suck in a dunk contest he does not have the ups of westbrook or nate the only point guards who should be considered

just watch the video ^

Kobe2324
08-05-2009, 07:52 PM
james white, J rich, vince carter and dwight howard....i would pay a lot of money to see them against lebron

jim51990
08-05-2009, 07:54 PM
just watch the video ^

westbrook could do that with no effort
just ask your self would that really impress you in a dunk contest
no

Raps18-19 Champ
08-05-2009, 07:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQvTABMutyw

If he is going to do dunks like that in the contest, he wouldn't be going IMO.

Draco

He has.

Why do people insist on commenting on players they obviously haven't seen play very much.. It's painfully obvious a lot of people in this thread aren't very familiar with Rose.

As for the topic.. I think having Rose in the contest would inject some life in what's been a very lackluster All star weekend event. But it wouldn't upset me if he weren't in it.

JNaqvi23
james white, J rich, vince carter and dwight howard....i would pay a lot of money to see them against lebron

That would be great but only thing would be VC bc he lost a majority of his ups
J Rich still has a lil bit left in the tank i think

JNaqvi23
08-05-2009, 07:58 PM
He has.

Why do people insist on commenting on players they obviously haven't seen play very much.. It's painfully obvious a lot of people in this thread aren't very familiar with Rose.

As for the topic.. I think having Rose in the contest would inject some life in what's been a very lackluster All star weekend event. But it wouldn't upset me if he weren't in it.

I think having Rose LBJ D Howard and anyone else would bring excitement to the dunk contest that we havent seen since the Jordan Webb Wilkins days

Raps18-19 Champ
08-05-2009, 07:59 PM
He has.

Alley oops that can impress in the contest?

Dunks in the contest and dunks in a game are so far apart.

albertc86
08-05-2009, 08:00 PM
Nate Robinson is done. How can be come back? Seriously. Are you guys forgetting how short he is? He's a freakish leaper at his size but it limits him. What can he do that he hasn't already done? Certainly not enough to win next year's competition. I think LeBron is going to win it on hype alone. He's a power dunker with a little creativity; that's all.

jim51990
08-05-2009, 08:00 PM
i have to say this because i realy like rose but i feel he has to be the most overrated player in the league at this moment due mostly to the fact that he was bron in the chi and plays in the chi hes a great player but he has not as a player reach the status people give him due to his hype.

Draco
08-05-2009, 08:01 PM
i have to say this because i realy like rose but i feel he has to be the most overrated player in the league at this moment due mostly to the fact that he was bron in the chi and plays in the chi hes a great player but he has not as a player reach the status people give him due to his hype.

It's nice that you feel that way but what does it have to do with Rose's ability to dunk a basketball in a dunk contest?

Draco
08-05-2009, 08:03 PM
Alley oops that can impress in the contest?

Dunks in the contest and dunks in a game are so far apart.

I'll take a dunk from Rose over the cupcake dunk or the superman dunk.

JNaqvi23
08-05-2009, 08:03 PM
westbrook could do that with no effort
just ask your self would that really impress you in a dunk contest
no

Yeah but you said he doesnt have any ups compared to Westbrook when he does

Rose has the athleticism to do 360's and windmills

jim51990
08-05-2009, 08:04 PM
It's nice that you feel that way but what does it have to do with Rose's ability to dunk a basketball in a dunk contest?

the fact that people are putting him in the dunk contest coversation there are alot of players that should be considered

Raps18-19 Champ
08-05-2009, 08:05 PM
I'll take a dunk from Rose over the cupcake dunk or the superman dunk.

I would too but I still don't think Rose should be there over more creative and better jumpers.

D_Rose1118
08-05-2009, 08:08 PM
Derrick Rose
Measured in at 6 2.5 and a solid 196 lbs, his wingspan is 6 8 with a 40 vertical. While he may be a little shorter than first thought, he still has good height for a point guard and the rest of his numbers are exceptional. One concern (it may just be an anomaly) is his somewhat slow 11.69s in the lane agility drill, he seems to have great quickness and lateral foot speed and such a high number doesnt seem to fit him.

Russell Westbrook
Usually the least mentioned of the combo group, Westbrook had a very solid day at the scales; nothing astounding and nothing of concern. His height is 6 3.5 and he weighs 192 lbs to go along with a 6 7.75 wingspan and 36.5 vertical. His lane agility and 3/4 sprint times were in the top echelon with 10.98s and 3.08s respectively.

Rose has the bigger Wingspan and Vertical

so yes he can do the dunks westbrook could do

Draco
the fact that people are putting him in the dunk contest coversation there are alot of players that should be considered

So what.. bring up whomever you like. Rose is mentioned for a good reason.

JNaqvi23
i think the cupcake was too much for the dunk contest and that the superman was incredible but not a dunk whatsoever....you are only thinking he is overrated due to what people are saying but his year 1 stats were comparable to CP3 and most superstar caliber players make leaps in year 2

back to the dunk contest...LBJ will win on hype alone as stated before...although he might not be the most creative, he will just make it look too easy

jim51990
08-05-2009, 08:11 PM
So what.. bring up whomever you like. Rose is mentioned for a good reason.

as long as bill walker makes it im happy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psfzeZc6e1k

Draco
I just think it's hillarious that people think Rose's creativity and hops are over hyped.. If anything, those traits have been one of Rose's strongest suit throughout his high school and college career.

Raps18-19 Champ
The cupcake dunk was garbage.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-05-2009, 08:12 PM
I just think it's hillarious that people think Rose's creativity and hops are over hyped.. If anything, those traits have been one of Rose's strongest suit throughout his high school and college career.

You guys do tend to overhyped him overall so maybe that is why.

JNaqvi23
08-05-2009, 08:14 PM
as long as bill walker makes it im happy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psfzeZc6e1k

man now it makes sense why youre baggin on rose lol the Tom Brady sig shoulda given you away

good luck to Bill Sky Walker but i doubt he gets a spot in this years contest

randomness
08-05-2009, 08:17 PM
I expect to see:

LeBron James
DeMar Derozan
Russell Westbrook
James White

cowboyz180
08-05-2009, 08:21 PM
i think demar derozan will be in it

B.JenningsMVP
08-05-2009, 08:44 PM
Lebron FTW

jkiddvc20
08-05-2009, 09:15 PM
We want a Vince Carter sighting!!

goose15
08-05-2009, 09:25 PM
Lebron
Howard
D. Rose
Rudy Gay

GeorgeMcCloud21
08-05-2009, 09:36 PM
Derrick Rose
Gerald Green
Nate Robinson
Superman

knickerbockerny
08-05-2009, 09:49 PM
Derrick Rose
Demar Derozen
Lebron James
Brandon Jennings
The Air Up There (Fan Sprite Vote Winner)

That line-up would be sick.

AK23
08-05-2009, 09:52 PM
So lets say hypothetically that LeBron is in the dunk contest like he claimed he was going to be...other that Dwight Howard who else would you like to see LBJ go up against?

heres a potential list:

Josh Smith
Derrick Rose
Gerald Green
Nate Robinson
J.R. Smith
Rudy Gay
Jamario Moon
Andre Iguadala
Jeff Green
Blake Griffin (Although I dont see him being very creative with his dunking)

Who else do you think would give "King" James and D-Howard a run?
replace Griffin with j.white,and green with bron and perfect :clap:

Run&Gun
08-05-2009, 09:54 PM
Nate Robinson is done. How can be come back? Seriously. Are you guys forgetting how short he is? He's a freakish leaper at his size but it limits him. What can he do that he hasn't already done? Certainly not enough to win next year's competition. I think LeBron is going to win it on hype alone. He's a power dunker with a little creativity; that's all.

Although Nate's obviously not as great as a jumper as this guy, you got to hand it to T-Dub 5'9 guy who can do a 540, making the impossible possible for shorter people everywhere. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3DzQU9oXtY

BACCDAD
08-05-2009, 09:56 PM
man now it makes sense why youre baggin on rose lol the Tom Brady sig shoulda given you away

good luck to Bill Sky Walker but i doubt he gets a spot in this years contest

qfe

JWO35
08-05-2009, 09:58 PM
LeBron James
Dwight Howard
Nate Robinson(Defending Champ)
DeMar DeRozan (Rookie)

JWO35
08-05-2009, 09:58 PM
LeBron James
Dwight Howard
Nate Robinson(Defending Champ)
DeMar DeRozan (Rookie)

uncleben989
08-05-2009, 10:04 PM
Lebron James
James White
Demar Derozan
Guy Dupuy / Taurian Fontenette (as Sprite winners)

but honestly, if you guys watch dunks from guys from TFB, youll see that most of the NBA guys are soft

J_M_B
08-05-2009, 10:25 PM
LeBron James
Dwight Howard
J.R Smith
Demar Derozan

Lebron said he was going to recruit some superstars to go up against him in the dunk contest.....maybe Kobe....Wade?

A dunk contest with LeBron, Kobe, Wade, and Howard :drool:

charlsdq7
08-05-2009, 10:41 PM
IGgy baby

SA5195
08-05-2009, 10:47 PM
Demar Derozan

JJ81
08-05-2009, 10:54 PM
When was the last time a Laker was in the dunk contest? Get Shannon Brown in there!

KobeIs
08-05-2009, 11:47 PM
How about Shannon Brown. I'm not just saying that cuz I'm a Laker fan but because Lebron and Shannon were in the dunk contest together and boy was it close.

Also, Brown has some serious bunnies.

dodie53
08-06-2009, 02:21 AM
amare?

Zefflin
08-06-2009, 02:24 AM
How about Shannon Brown. I'm not just saying that cuz I'm a Laker fan but because Lebron and Shannon were in the dunk contest together and boy was it close.

Also, Brown has some serious bunnies.

Ah yes I remember that good idea, Lebron confiscated that trophy as well...

zambo4president
08-06-2009, 03:35 AM

Derrick Rose gets ****ing air.