PDA

View Full Version : Combo guards:Ellis and Curry??????

TheGsw
08-05-2009, 03:18 AM
What are you peoples thoughts of Ellis and Curry playing with each other! To be honest Im really excited to see how these two are going to play with each other!:clap:

<u>Pros</u>
-Two quick guards that can run up and down the floor!
-Great scorers(Ellis=midrange)(Curry=3pts):)
-Lots of mismatches on the offensive end!

<u>Cons</u>
-Defense will be a problem for one of them because someone has to guard the shooting guard!
-Out muscled by other guards
-Lots of mismatches on the defensive end!

Overall i think they will be exciting to watch but, he real question is can they win games!

What are your guys thoughts of them playing together!

P.s. Im still not sure if Nellie is going to start both of them together!
but they are going to play each other for sure!:)

???????

TheGsw
08-05-2009, 03:20 AM
i meant wit each other for sure!!!
lol

J-Relo
08-05-2009, 03:56 AM
^ you could just edit the post lol...

well Ellis has all proved what he can, so he's gonna be great next season... i don't know about Curry, because he didn't impress me in the summer league, his shooting was bad.... but he can drain those... Nellie used to never let the rookies develop by giving them playing time (ex. Randolph), don't know if he will give it to Curry...

and i would rather have Ellis and a guy like Morrow in the backcourt then two undersized guards... they both will have a hard time playing D, but it's cool cause nobody cares about D in Golden State...

blazerman
08-05-2009, 04:17 AM
I think they could be fun to watch of course but it might be wise to find out which player will work better in the Warriors system and then make a trade for the other at some point for a true shooting guard (both of them are good shooters but realistically too small to play against bigger SG's especially come playoff time.

If Curry shows some promise and Ellis stays healthy then you guys could get a really nice return for Ellis especially if you add another young player. Quite possibly the Warriors could get an allstar type player.

Either way the Warriors go, you fans should enjoy it and as is the playoffs are not out of the question (The Warriors did spank the Blazers once pretty good last yr). This is just a thought, that's all

kurivaimu
08-05-2009, 04:35 AM
fun to watch..but..wont win many games

Run&Gun
08-05-2009, 04:58 AM
Agree with you on all your points really exciting to watch but Curry and Ellis playing defense together would probably be really bad, and I doubt that they should ever play long stretches together and we won't win games if this happens. It will be trouble against the stronger post guards in the league, all the sudden when we play Baron Davis and Joe Johnson, they start to look like Al Jefferson in the post against us.

brentn2n
08-05-2009, 05:19 AM
they will play together i bet, Nelson doesn't give a **** about D

TheGsw
08-05-2009, 02:35 PM
Agree!
Nellie doesnt care about defense anyways! lol
but Morrow and Curry, either one can light it up!

Raps18-19 Champ
08-05-2009, 02:39 PM
I'm still not sold on Curry. He might be third behind Derozan and Thabeet as a biggest bust. But him and Derozan have been doing good so far so I guess it might work.

GSW fan
08-05-2009, 02:44 PM
there is a misconception about nellis "D"

he likes forcing steals and turnovers to ignite the fastbreak

Curry is a pitpocket, so he can get some PT

TheGsw
08-05-2009, 02:47 PM
same with monta! he can gets steals! its just they would get tortured by bigger guards but if they are both in i think monta should guard the shooting guards!

KnicksR4Real
08-05-2009, 02:58 PM
i wish we had curry

IversonIsKrazy
08-05-2009, 03:38 PM
Nellie's system is going to make Curry loook like a future star. I think this is going to be their line-up.

PG: Ellis/Curry
SG: Maggette/Morrow
SF: Jackson/Azuibuke
PF: Randolph/Wright
C: Biedrins/Turiaf

I think their going to score soo muchh, and will win and become 8th seed.

TheGsw
08-05-2009, 05:13 PM
^^ Nope magg is our 6th man
here from my point of view if Curry wont start:
Ellis/Curry/Law/Claxton/Watson
Jackson/Morrow
Buike/Magg/Geroge
Randolph/Wright
Goose/Turiaf

But Riley told us Mag will play the 4!

So if curry started:
Curry/Law/Claxton/Watson
Ellis/Morrow
Jackson/Buike/Geroge
Randolph/Mag/Wright
Beans/Turaif

Us fans expect a trade in Augast or right before the season starts! Too many Pg's

Hustla23
08-05-2009, 07:53 PM
rofl, This backcourt is going to get lit up night in and night out.

It's an interesting offensive combination as it's sure to create many mismatches but holy cow you're going to need Howard, Artest, and Battier to cover the other spots on defense if you want to compete at all

Grim Reaper
08-05-2009, 07:58 PM
The Warriors need to make a trade because they have way too many guards and not enough big men.

jackyyy
08-05-2009, 08:11 PM
correct me if i'm wrong but didn't biedrins get traded?

magichatnumber9
08-05-2009, 08:16 PM
I can't wait to see Warrior games next season. yeah dawg

cowboyz180
08-05-2009, 08:31 PM
im not sure curry will turn out to be a great player....

brevinknight
08-05-2009, 08:53 PM
Well also Curry and Ellis are gonna give matchup problems on offense with the shooting range and quickness but also are going to have matchup problems on defense.

Chicagofaithful
08-05-2009, 09:20 PM
i think it will be reminiscent of the warriors who beat the Mavericks that year. They were soooo exciting, but not championship material