PDA

View Full Version : If you were any team in the nba...

kobe8titles24
08-05-2009, 02:55 AM
If you had to offer any deal to the lakers for Andrew Bynum that seemed reasonable what would you offer? And if you feel like you could include someone else that the lakers may go for like including say farmar,vujacic,etc go ahead...

Raidaz4Life
08-05-2009, 03:00 AM
wow looks like we have a dumbest thread of the year nomination right here ladies and gents

B.JenningsMVP
08-05-2009, 03:03 AM
wow looks like we have a dumbest thread of the year nomination right here ladies and gents

:laugh:

kobe8titles24
08-05-2009, 03:33 AM

Why? because i bring up something that i was thinking about or because your a bored pri*ck who has no life and wants to criticize everything someone writes...if you have nothing positive to say then dont say it! Chances are i know way more about baskeball then you ever will!!!! In fact dont even respond to me i dont care maybe someone will be polite and have something to add that contributes...wow!

Vinny642
08-05-2009, 03:36 AM
I would not want Bynum, I'd take a more consistent, durable Okafor.

1WorthyLakerFan
08-05-2009, 03:40 AM
I would not want Bynum, I'd take a more consistent, durable Okafor.

I could see that...except for the fact that Okafor is garbage. Bynum will end up having a much better career (barring injuries). Okafor put up only decent numbers on a pretty crappy team. Much tougher to do that with the defending Western Conference Champs.

blazerman
08-05-2009, 03:53 AM

You'd think Bynum has received enough of a beat down for one day after that thread about, "is Bynum the 2nd best bigman after Dwight Howard".

I thought Lakers fans were all about getting praised but now I gotta wonder after LA fans have thrown Bynum under the bus twice in one day. Maybe they figured he's so big it will take 2 times too get the job done.

This ought to be funny.

Actually I really like Bynum but I think "Kobe8titles24" will get alot of flack by haters. I for one would have a hard time dealing for Bynum, only because the Blazers have Oden and Pryzbilla (Oden & bynum both get thrown under the bus quite often but their day will come and then the hating will subside). In the meantime it's best to let them develop and avoid the critism, stop putting Bynum in the line of fire, it doesnt help him being a 21 world champion and a sidekick to Kobe (basically he's under a microscope already and most fans are a little envious anyway because he gets more attention than others that are a little more proven).

Mavrix
08-05-2009, 03:57 AM
Greg Buckner

nikefreek220
08-05-2009, 04:12 AM
I know im a laker fan and all, but i'm no where near a homer.

people here on PSD might hate him. But i'm pretty sure if Mitch, were to call every team in the NBA and said Bynum was available for a trade. There would be a TON of interest and teams would be willing to give up alot for him.

Whats so bad about him? He is bearly old enough to drink. He has shown that when he gets minutes and is healthy he can put up around 17 and 12. ( and thats with a stacked team like the Lakers). He is only going to get better..

blazerman
08-05-2009, 04:24 AM

people here on PSD might hate him. But i'm pretty sure if Mitch, were to call every team in the NBA and said Bynum was available for a trade. There would be a TON of interest and teams would be willing to give up alot for him.

Whats so bad about him? He is bearly old enough to drink. He has shown that when he gets minutes and is healthy he can put up around 17 and 12. ( and thats with a stacked team like the Lakers). He is only going to get better..

There's nothin wrong with him at all, he's just young and that's not a bad thing by any means.

Toxeryll
08-05-2009, 04:29 AM

theres no question he has a lot of potential but how will he reach that potential if hes not durable enough to play at least games being a starter at the early stage of his career. IMO hes overrated cuz basically he has only played for 85 games in the last two seasons which is not a good measurement of where a player stands. i rather have a guy like scola who is not injury prone than bynum, that way i know wat im gonna get for the full season

Mckphins
08-05-2009, 04:35 AM
Bynum is ****! Honestly id hate to have the guy on my team! He wont even measure up to Chander in terms of accomplishments!

bctgg27
08-05-2009, 05:07 AM
I wouldn't want him for the Nets. Having him could be risky. He may turn out to be a top big man in the league, but the Nets aren't in position to take that chance.

azkarraga
08-05-2009, 05:09 AM
i dont want bynum, not even as a present

blazerman
08-05-2009, 05:32 AM
i dont want bynum, not even as a present

That's a cold shot!

thapharcyd
08-05-2009, 05:36 AM
I could see that...except for the fact that Okafor is garbage. Bynum will end up having a much better career (barring injuries). Okafor put up only decent numbers on a pretty crappy team. Much tougher to do that with the defending Western Conference Champs.

Bynum has potential but you are stating something that is an opinion not a fact. IMO Okafor is the better player. Can't wait to see how Okafor does with NOH.

asandhu23
08-05-2009, 06:47 AM
I would pull what Phil Jackson and Chicago Bulls GM did with Dennis Rodman and pay him 100 bucks per rebound. more rebounds more money. that motivated Rodman....and it probably will do that with Bynum

:hide:

tland22
08-05-2009, 11:55 AM

hahahaha YES! That was a great comment.:clap:

uhhh lets see...a reasonable offer for this STUD that is Andrew Bynum? Hmmm im going to take injuries into consideration here and offer you BRENT BARRY for Andrew Bynum...straight up. And if you are going to play hard-ball I will throw in a second round pick from Houston.

Deal or No deal?

cmacmath
08-05-2009, 01:57 PM
I'd trade the lint in my pocket and a paperclip to be named later or future rubber band considerations...

No, but seriously...how bout Boston just trades Rondo to LAL for Bynum so we can trade the 2 most overrated players in the NBA for each other??

BALLER71
08-05-2009, 02:02 PM
I'd rather have Mark Blount.

td0tsfinest
08-05-2009, 02:04 PM

I've seen some pretty stupid threads but I think this tops the list.

theuuord
08-05-2009, 02:06 PM
Who is this Baynum character? I don't think we've ever discussed him in the NBA forum.

nyybronxborn
08-05-2009, 02:17 PM
ill give you gabe pruitt , wait we cut him and id still rather have gabe

loufor2
08-05-2009, 02:18 PM
I would take him, but this is a dumb thread... Its a waste of time b/c ppl are just making up BS! Make this crappy thread in the Lakers Forum, not here!

LanceUpperCut
08-05-2009, 02:20 PM
How about Bosh, Bargnani, Calderon 2 first round picks and cash.

AMC31
08-05-2009, 02:23 PM
Bynum is never going to be an All-star center, he is injured way too much and to me he is never focused.

mrtrey1992
08-05-2009, 02:27 PM
Why? because i bring up something that i was thinking about or because your a bored pri*ck who has no life and wants to criticize everything someone writes...if you have nothing positive to say then dont say it! Chances are i know way more about baskeball then you ever will!!!! In fact dont even respond to me i dont care maybe someone will be polite and have something to add that contributes...wow!

lol

Storch
08-05-2009, 02:32 PM
Bynum is never going to be an All-star center, he is injured way too much and to me he is never focused.

i'll quote u on that and laugh at u on all star weekend.

DCSportsIsPain
08-05-2009, 02:49 PM
I couldn't see my team giving up anything for Bynum. They already have a prospect who is both younger and healthier with more upside.

kobe24>lebron23
08-05-2009, 03:03 PM
ok haters ill come back next year when bynum becomes the monster that he's suppose to be and most of you will want him and maby for your best player too! just watch he's the next big thing not garbageani or whatever his name is

Raps18-19 Champ
08-05-2009, 03:06 PM
He's getting a 58mil 4 year contract.

I wouldn't really want that on the Raptors. We already have Bargnani at 50 mil for 5 years so I can probably live without Bynum.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-05-2009, 03:08 PM

I would think coaches would choose guys like Okafor, and Jefferson over Bynum.

scotttube
08-05-2009, 03:19 PM
I'd trade you Andrea Bargnani for him.

SunsBearsfan
08-05-2009, 03:26 PM
**** the lakers.

kobe8titles24
08-05-2009, 03:30 PM
look i am a big fan of andrew bynum and a huge laker fan. I just had a thought and wanted people to share what they would give for him. I think he will eventually be a all star hes a young kid it took jermaine oneal sometime as well. Well anyway I see how stressed people are and how they take out there pri*k comments in laker forums instead of going look i dont know and going on to diff threads...thankyou

pebloemer
08-05-2009, 03:36 PM
Just for fun lets throw this out there.

Bosh and DeRozan for Bynum and Odom.

Lakers: Fisher, Kobe, Artest, Bosh, Gasol
Raptors: Calderon, Wright, Turkoglu, Bargnani, Bynum - 6th: Odom

tland22
08-05-2009, 03:38 PM
Only three players have averaged double digits in points AND Rebounds over the last 5 seasons: Duncan, Howard, and Okafor.

that is a beast.

Raidaz4Life
08-05-2009, 03:40 PM
look i am a big fan of andrew bynum and a huge laker fan. I just had a thought and wanted people to share what they would give for him. I think he will eventually be a all star hes a young kid it took jermaine oneal sometime as well. Well anyway I see how stressed people are and how they take out there pri*k comments in laker forums instead of going look i dont know and going on to diff threads...thankyou

:confused: ever heard of a comma?

I wasn't trying to be a pri*k, I was simply saying this thread had absolutely no discussion value due to the fact that Lakers fans over value Bynum (and the junk you mentioned: Farmar, Vujacic, etc.) while everyone else under values him. Therefore it is a given that a thread of this nature would turn into a flame fest, thus leading to my nominating it for dumbest thread of the year.

I have no idea what sort of answer you were expecting to get... (Dwight Howard maybe?) but seriously put a little more thought into your ideas before you go throwing yourself out there with a beyond pointless thread.

Zefflin
08-05-2009, 03:50 PM
He wont even measure up to Chander in terms of accomplishments!

Umm, I'd take Bynum's career over Chandler's in two heartbeats.

Zefflin
08-05-2009, 03:55 PM
Being a Laker fan we certainly do over-hype Bynum. But when he's healthy he's everything you could really want from a starting center (and nobody can deny that)...blocks a **** load of shots, rebounds, good man to man D, long and over 7' tall, better post moves and offense than D12...and it's unfair to say he's injury prone considering Kobe fell into his other knee this past season. He still came back and contributed towards the title.

magichatnumber9
08-05-2009, 04:01 PM
Celtics could use Farmar. They could probably get free satellite radio on the team bus with Jordan's ears.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-05-2009, 04:02 PM
Being a Laker fan we certainly do over-hype Bynum. But when he's healthy he's everything you could really want from a starting center (and nobody can deny that)...blocks a **** load of shots, rebounds, good man to man D, long and over 7' tall, better post moves and offense than D12...and it's unfair to say he's injury prone considering Kobe fell into his other knee this past season. He still came back and contributed towards the title.

He's never had a quality season for a whole year.

I think that is what people are worried about.

Over half of Jermaine's injuries are mostly based on the fact on his rough play and all the contact he gets on his knee. He was injured twice on the Raptors and both were because of a player and not because his knee gave out. Most injuries in basketball are based on the fact that a player did something that got the other player injured.

Zefflin
08-05-2009, 04:05 PM
Well true ^^^, I guess we'll see if he can actually make it through next year.

:pray:

blazerman
08-07-2009, 04:04 AM
Damn, I wish I would have popped a bag of popcorn before I read this thread because it was funnier than most comedy's Ive seen on TV lately.

I should've called the fire dept to put the flames out on this inferno about 3 pages ago. Since Bynum is thoroughly cooked I might as well go get that popcorn and continue to read the funnies.

Alright who's next.:p

GAWDtv
08-07-2009, 10:37 AM
Chris Bosh, Jose Calderon for Bynum...How about Bargnani and Calderon for Bynum...In a heartbeat.

To all the haters, you really are showing your ignorance if you cannot see the value of this 22 year old 7 footer. He is the next HAkeem/KAreem, who else can you say that about???

cowboyz180
08-07-2009, 10:42 AM
bynums to inconsistent

theuuord
08-07-2009, 10:54 AM
Chris Bosh, Jose Calderon for Bynum...How about Bargnani and Calderon for Bynum...In a heartbeat.

To all the haters, you really are showing your ignorance if you cannot see the value of this 22 year old 7 footer. He is the next HAkeem/KAreem, who else can you say that about???

I want to quote this before we forget that you said it.

You just compared a good 7-footer with great potential who's been injured twice in his early career to two of the greatest centers to EVER play basketball.

You sure you want to be that guy?

ManRam
08-07-2009, 10:56 AM
Why isn't there an Andrew Bynum sub forum yet. The amount of threads created about him, to hype him up is ridiculous.

I'd offer JJ, Gortat and JJ's weed stash for Bynum.

Hustla23
08-07-2009, 12:07 PM
He's too injury prone for my liking.

But he is young enough and good enough to take a chance on.

If I was the Knicks.

I'd offer DLee + Nate + 2nd rounder only because I don't want to pay DLee and Nate any money lol.

SeoulBeatz
08-07-2009, 12:36 PM

there is nothing wrong with him, just the hype that many of ur fellow laker fans have undeservingly placed on him.

some of u even going as far as to say hes the next kareem!

like wtf?

DUraNtCAN
08-07-2009, 12:39 PM
i'm a thunder fan, since the lakers need a point guard, i wonder about trading westbrook for bynum. we have two lottery picks, most likely, next year, and i think we'll be able to get a good point then. next year's draft is thin on big men. and i think that's the exactly what the thunder need.

the obvious scenario is to try to trade green and maybe a pick for bynum but i don't think the lakers would go for that just because they already have their starting frontcourt.

but given how much i love green and westbrook, i couldn't pull the trigger on either of these trades. i think i'll hold out for free agency and try to get a dominant big man through that route.

GSW fan
08-07-2009, 12:41 PM

Thats why the other guy said more durable

GAWDtv
08-07-2009, 12:43 PM
I'd trade you Andrea Bargnani for him.

I want to quote this before we forget that you said it.

You just compared a good 7-footer with great potential who's been injured twice in his early career to two of the greatest centers to EVER play basketball.

You sure you want to be that guy?

Ya Gawd said it, Believe that, he has 18 years left to prove me wrong as well. He get's injured because he is a boy in a mans L. NBA No Boys Allowed, remember? This is so true for Bigs. Once he's 25 look out world...

tland22
08-07-2009, 01:51 PM
im shocked, no takers....Bynum for Brent Barry straight up?

vash9
08-07-2009, 02:20 PM
There are at least 30 threads made every hour that has something or revolves around Bynum. Pretty ********..

I honestly wouldn't want Bynum. Too many injuries. 2 years in a row.

Robbw241
08-07-2009, 02:23 PM
A Brook Lopez autograph

D-Will4Prez
08-07-2009, 02:25 PM
I'd give you Kyrylo Fesenko for him >.>

Vidball
08-07-2009, 02:33 PM
You guys can keep your scrubs...let Bynum collect his rings as the starting C on the best team in basketball. There is no way Lakers management would want to trade him and there's no way we would have won it this year if he didn't come back and play (even though he wasn't 100%). It would have been a repeat of 2008.

MTar786
08-07-2009, 08:35 PM

why?? as much as i love the lakers.. ill even admit.. bynum aint gonna be an all star this year.. maybe in the next 3 years.. but now he wont.. because even if he plays really well he wont be able to put up all star numbers when u have kobe, odom, artest and gasol on ur team.. i see bynum putting up almost 14 points and like 10.8 rebounds with 2 blocks a game this season which i feel is GREAt for a team that stacked. but no way an all star