PDA

View Full Version : Chris Bosh: overrated?

MoBASS
08-04-2009, 07:14 PM
Regarding next year's free agency, Chris Bosh is talked being about in the same group as LeBron James and Dwyane Wade.. I think he's not even in the same league.

Bosh is not a superstar. He will never be the #1 guy for a team that makes a deep playoff run... he shoots way too many jump shots for a PF. Sure he puts up nice numbers (~ 22 and 9) but his team has never made it past the 1st round, even in the (up until recently) lowly Eastern Conference. A lot of that has to do with his shot selection.

In my eyes he's a notch above David West (another jump-shooting Power Forward). Until he develops a reliable back-to-the-basket, low post game and stops shooting so many jump shots they will never make it past the 1st round.

Your thoughts? Is Bosh really a superstar?

Toenail Clipper
08-04-2009, 07:19 PM
Yes he is.
Have you seen those half court shots?
They're beast

bigsams50
08-04-2009, 07:22 PM
I think hes better suited as a number 2 option, he is a superstar, i just dont think he's a number 1 guy

LE-SHAQ
08-04-2009, 07:24 PM
I agree. He needs to team up with a star he will not carry a team like lebron or Wade.

torontosports10
08-04-2009, 07:29 PM
He takes too many jumpers yet he shoots a very respectable 49% last year??

If he had a bad FG% then say he shoots too much. He is our best option and top player, he is suppose to shoot alot. Especially since he has a very great game from 15 feet in.

Bleeds Blue
08-04-2009, 07:30 PM
a mediocre number 1 option or a fantastic number 2

j-mart
Bosh isn't in the same class as LeBron and Wade. That being said, he is head and shoulders better than David West. Bosh for the last several years has been consistent at 22PPG and 10RPG. West hasn't come close to those numbers even in his best season.

I have a hard time seeing Bosh as a max money player and I agree he takes too many jump shots but he'll take the Raps further this year based on the improved team around him.

He may not be a "superstar" but he is an All-Star in this league.

torontosports10
I dont think he will ever lead a team by himself. He needs someone just as good as him to win a ring. Someone like Brandon Roy.

secterm
08-04-2009, 07:36 PM
I think hes better suited as a number 2 option, he is a superstar, i just dont think he's a number 1 guy

The raps fans will be all over this like stink on ****.

I've watched bosh his whole career and while he is a perfect #2 guy, he can't carry a team like a true superstar. His game is like KG's, except without the intensity...and that makes a huge difference. KG walks into the arena with eyes of steal...while Bosh walks in with his eyes on his twitter account while he's giggling at his "funny videos" he makes. And even KG couldn't carry a team on his own too far. The only current big that I can see being able to carry a team if he turns it up a notch is D. Howard...and if D. Howard is a max contract big, then Bosh is not...but Bosh will get a max deal and Toronto is already groveling.

pebloemer
08-04-2009, 07:37 PM
Him being overrated is definitely dependent on perspective. If people rate him as in the same class as LeBron and Wade then absolutely he is overrated. I don't think anyone can argue with that. Top 20 in the league IMO.

jimbobjarree
08-04-2009, 07:40 PM
he's not overated, theres just a hell of a lot of Toronto fans on here that would give you that impression.

getnhigh
08-04-2009, 07:46 PM
i am a raps fan n ill admit hes is a superstar just cant be the number 1 guy on a team he needs someone else that can play doesnt have to be a full out superstar i think hes going to have a big year this year though

Hawkeye15
08-04-2009, 07:48 PM
max contracts get throw around too easily, and can cripple teams, see, Timberwolves.
Bosh is fantastic. But Wade and LeBron are the only ones worthy of max deals. Bosh is awesome though

DerekRE_3
08-04-2009, 07:54 PM
I think he is, his post defense is horrible. I remember watching him against the Bobcats and Boris Diaw DESTROYED him in the post, and Diaw is no Tim Duncan or Al Jefferson down there. He went 15-21 from the field against Bosh, and did this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF8VhSwqBl8) to him countless times.

nads83
08-04-2009, 07:56 PM
yes.

Chronz
08-04-2009, 08:00 PM
WOW, Maybe Im wrong about Bargs and Bosh really is a historically bad defender.

ink
08-04-2009, 08:05 PM
he's not overated, theres just a hell of a lot of Toronto fans on here that would give you that impression.

I'd have to disagree with you there.

In fact, I think only a small minority of Raptors fans think he's a superstar. Most of us think he's a very good #2 option.

It's the fans from other teams that covet Bosh and won't stop talking about how they're going to get him in 2010 who are over-rating him.

We know what he can and can't do. Raptors fans are actually pretty hard on Bosh, perhaps under-rating him slightly.

jsumadchat
08-04-2009, 08:07 PM
bosh is a superstar, undoubtedly. in the same league as lebron and dwade? - nope... but then again who is? they are in their own league for a reason, they are head and shoulders above the rest. now in terms of the rest of the NBA? i PERSONALLY feel that he is ALMOST unguardable. he can blow by you, or pop it in your face. still unable to lead a team and be "THE MAN". he DEFINITELY needs to work on his defense and passing ability and MAYBE he can be considered with the big 2. if not top 10 in the league, top 15 for sure.

johodo2
08-04-2009, 08:10 PM
I'm a HUGEEE raptors fan and i must admit that he is a bit overated!! he def needs another star playing along side with him..Unless the raps do good this season,i could care less if he got traded or if he signed some place else.

DerekRE_3
08-04-2009, 08:18 PM
My problem with Bosh is he is too soft on defense and on offense he settles for way too many jumpers. It reminds me of when Chris Webber started settling for mid range shots when he was in his late 20's.

zambo4president
08-04-2009, 08:20 PM
Nope. He is very good, and hes consistent, you know what to expect out of him night after night.

Draco
08-04-2009, 08:20 PM

In fact, I think only a small minority of Raptors fans think he's a superstar. Most of us think he's a very good #2 option.

It's the fans from other teams that covet Bosh and won't stop talking about how they're going to get him in 2010 who are over-rating him.

We know what he can and can't do. Raptors fans are actually pretty hard on Bosh, perhaps under-rating him slightly.

I don't agree but if it's any consolation and to help put ratings in their proper perspective... I think most fans of other teams would rather get LBJ than Bosh. :D

Mile High Champ
08-04-2009, 08:21 PM
No he is not overated.. No one here has said he is on the same level as guys like Lebron, Wade, Howard in terms of value other then you.

RLundi
08-04-2009, 08:22 PM
Superstar? No. But great number 2 option.

Mile High Champ
08-04-2009, 08:23 PM
I don't agree but if it's any consolation and to help put ratings in their proper perspective... I think most fans of other teams would rather get LBJ than Bosh. :D

Yes you are right, all teams would rather have bosh but it does not stop Chicago and Miami fans from posting a new thread or article on the nba forum every other day that states that he is going to either of those teams in 2010.. Those two sets of fans create the hype....

Draco
08-04-2009, 08:26 PM
Yes you are right, all teams would rather have bosh but it does not stop Chicago and Miami fans from posting a new thread or article on the nba forum every other day that states that he is going to either of those teams in 2010.. Those two sets of fans create the hype....

The last 5 + pages in the NBA forum don't include a single thread about Bosh excepting this one.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-04-2009, 08:27 PM
They put him in the same category because he is young and a very good player.

That is why he is a big prize in 2010. Everyone else who is a free agent not as young while these 3 are only going to be around 25-26 and have a couple of years left in the future. He obviously isn't as good as Wade or Lebron but considering the other free agents in 2010, Bosh might be a better choice than someone like Peirce or Stoudamire because they will be older than Bosh.

Bausman
08-04-2009, 08:29 PM
He just needs a guy that can score from the wing. He has been the ONLY option on offence. Who has he had on the wing? Parker, Moon, Marion, Grahm... those guys CANNOT create their own shot. They need another scoring threat so the D isnt just focused on him. A guy like... hmmmm .... maybe HEDO?? I think that might work.

RLundi
08-04-2009, 08:30 PM
They put him in the same category because he is young and a very good player.

That is why he is a big prize in 2010. Everyone else who is a free agent not as young while these 3 are only going to be around 25-26 and have a couple of years left in the future. He obviously isn't as good as Wade or Lebron but considering the other free agents in 2010, Bosh might be a better choice than someone like Peirce or Stoudamire because they will be older than Bosh.

:rolleyes:

Glenfidish
08-04-2009, 08:31 PM
I think he is, his post defense is horrible. I remember watching him against the Bobcats and Boris Diaw DESTROYED him in the post, and Diaw is no Tim Duncan or Al Jefferson down there. He went 15-21 from the field against Bosh, and did this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF8VhSwqBl8) to him countless times.

Dude you need to relax! Everyone inclluding the great kobe and jordan have had off nights. You think Bosh wont remember diaw the next time they play. I remember that game clearly. The raps were on a long road trip. It happens.
Bosh is a star in his own write. He is a consistant 20/10 guy. **** who else does that?:confused:

Mile High Champ
08-04-2009, 08:32 PM
The last 5 + pages in the NBA forum don't include a single thread about Bosh excepting this one.

haha exagerating but ask anyone on PSD and they will tell you how many threads bulls and heats fans produce about Bosh coming to them in 2010. Dont deny it man..

DerekRE_3
08-04-2009, 08:34 PM
Dude you need to relax! Everyone inclluding the great kobe and jordan have had off nights. You think Bosh wont remember diaw the next time they play. I remember that game clearly. The raps were on a long road trip. It happens.
Bosh is a star in his own write. He is a consistant 20/10 guy. **** who else does that?:confused:

You don't really have an "off night" on defense...it's mostly about effort. And I've seen Bosh on more than one occasion get owned in the post, that one game just popped in my head right away.

nikefreek220
08-04-2009, 08:35 PM
the dude needs a #1 option next to him.

Superstar= players who cant be defended no matter who is put on you. ex, LeBron, Kobe, MJ, Magic... you get my point.

Stars= players who dominate most of the time, but have their flaws.. melo, Bosh, Amare..

Raps18-19 Champ
08-04-2009, 08:36 PM
:rolleyes:

Stoudamire will be 28 by the end of 2010 while Bosh will only be 26 when 2010 is over.

Bosh is also better on defense(Atleast Bosh would actually try) and Bosh can average the same amount of numbers even though Stoudamire plays in the run and gun offense.

Let's not forget all his injuries.

pebloemer
08-04-2009, 08:38 PM

I have to agree with Ink here.

Anyone who has patrolled the Raptor's forum would know that most of us don't think he is close to the league of LeBron and Wade, and probably half think he should be traded while his value is so high.

Other coaches, players, franchises and media people speak very highly of him, which is a great credit to Bosh, but in regards to the fans, I don't think the they overrate him much. I do think it is the NY, Chicago, and Miami media that continue to overrate him.

Draco
08-04-2009, 08:39 PM
haha exagerating but ask anyone on PSD and they will tell you how many threads bulls and heats fans produce about Bosh coming to them in 2010. Dont deny it man..

Even if that were true the hype was created because the media reported that Bosh wasn't happy in TO. There wasn't any hype about Bosh being better than he actually is.

Personally I think all high profile jump shooting bigs are overrated but he would be an improvement over TT/Noah.

Draco
08-04-2009, 08:42 PM
I do think it is the NY, Chicago, and Miami media that continue to overrate him.

Right..well, provide one Chicago media publication that evaluated Bosh's game at all, let alone overrated him.

RLundi
08-04-2009, 08:55 PM
Stoudamire will be 28 by the end of 2010 while Bosh will only be 26 when 2010is over.

Bosh is also better on defense(Atleast Bosh would actually try) and Bosh can average the same amount of numbers even though Stoudamire plays in the run and gun offense.

Let's not forget all his injuries.

Defense and injuries, sure, I'll give you that. But I don't think Bosh will ever be the offensive player that Amare is. Don't get me wrong, Bosh is a heck of a scorer but Amare's game is more well-rounded. That being said, Bosh would be a tremendous consolation prize but I'd take Stoudemire over him hands down.

Draco
08-04-2009, 08:57 PM
Defense and injuries, sure, I'll give you that. But I don't think Bosh will ever be the offensive player that Amare is. Don't get me wrong, Bosh is a heck of a scorer but Amare's game is more well-rounded. That being said, Bosh would be a tremendous consolation prize but I'd take Stoudemire over him hands down.

I'd take Bosh if I'm pairing one of the two with Rose: younger and closer to Rose's age, shorter injury history, better attitude.

alchemist0123
08-04-2009, 08:58 PM
Regarding next year's free agency, Chris Bosh is talked being about in the same group as LeBron James and Dwyane Wade.. I think he's not even in the same league.

Bosh is not a superstar. He will never be the #1 guy for a team that makes a deep playoff run... he shoots way too many jump shots for a PF. Sure he puts up nice numbers (~ 22 and 9) but his team has never made it past the 1st round, even in the (up until recently) lowly Eastern Conference. A lot of that has to do with his shot selection.

In my eyes he's a notch above David West (another jump-shooting Power Forward). Until he develops a reliable back-to-the-basket, low post game and stops shooting so many jump shots they will never make it past the 1st round.

bosh is not on the same level as those two but he's sure is not overrated, he gets it done night in night out on a constant basis. plus, how many pf averages 23ppg and 10rpg. he may not be the best player but power forward there a none better than bosh.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-04-2009, 09:02 PM

You gave Bosh 2 out of 3.

Most GM's would take that over 1 out of 3.

blastmasta26
08-04-2009, 09:06 PM
Bosh = Gasol in terms of ability to lead a team, while D-Wade and LBJ = Kobe. So put Bosh with one of those guys and the team is a very good contender.

HoopsMachine
08-04-2009, 09:14 PM
He's mentioned with them because they all came from the same daft class. While I agree he is not on the same level of Wade and Lebron, he's definitely no slouch either. You can't argue against the quality of a player who averages 22 (49%) and 10 and is top 10 in FTA shooting 82%.

Kobe2324
08-04-2009, 09:14 PM
I like bosh, I like the Raptors and I am from Canada, but I will be the first to admit he is not an elite player or superstar in this league, I dont think he can be a number 1 guy on a winning team.

jimbobjarree
08-04-2009, 09:15 PM
You don't really have an "off night" on defense...it's mostly about effort. And I've seen Bosh on more than one occasion get owned in the post, that one game just popped in my head right away.

come on dude..you need to relax, seriously. I'm worried about my mans health

:laugh2:

RLundi
08-04-2009, 09:22 PM
You gave Bosh 2 out of 3.

Most GM's would take that over 1 out of 3.

If a GM wants a strictly jump shooting 'big' man who is clearly not suited to be the number one option on a perennially-contending team, then yea, they should totally go after Bosh.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-04-2009, 09:24 PM
If a GM wants a strictly jump shooting 'big' man who is clearly not suited to be the number one option on a perennially-contending team, then yea, they should totally go after Bosh.

I think GM's would rather have a guy who can shoot the ball from the field, line and sometimes from the 3 point line than a guy who's only offense in dunking.

And I would rather have Bosh being a number 1 option than Amare.

RLundi
08-04-2009, 09:35 PM
I think GM's would rather have a guy who can shoot the ball from the field, line and sometimes from the 3 point line than a guy who's only offense in dunking.

And I would rather have Bosh being a number 1 option than Amare.

I completely agree about your GM statement. Stoudemire has a career 54% from the field, 76% from the free throw, and if you think all Amare does is dunk, you should attentively study this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVT2FHAoAMo

But I respect your opinion about Bosh.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-04-2009, 09:45 PM
I completely agree about your GM statement. Stoudemire has a career 54% from the field, 76% from the free throw, and if you think all Amare does is dunk, you should attentively study this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVT2FHAoAMo

But I respect your opinion about Bosh.

In the run and gun system, Amare hans't shown me much offense other than dunks. I agree he can still shoot the ball to a certain extent but Bosh has every thing else on offense that they actually excel at.

magikmc
08-04-2009, 09:47 PM
i don't think he's in the same class as wade or lebron, but ummm.. just a little food for thought...

Has Wade led a team that far BY HIMSELF
Has LeBron won a championship BY HIMSELF
Has Kobe Done anything BY HIMSELF

BBasketball is a team game, period.

Sure there are wholes in his game... but he's still an extremely consistent all star. How many guys give you 23 points and 10 rebounds per game?

magikmc
08-04-2009, 09:49 PM
as far as Amare is concerned.. i think in the right system he IS better than Bosh... but I also think Amare has the ability to be one of the best in the NBA.

magikmc
08-04-2009, 09:53 PM
My problem with Bosh is he is too soft on defense and on offense he settles for way too many jumpers. It reminds me of when Chris Webber started settling for mid range shots when he was in his late 20's.

I think his jump shooting problem isn't that he takes too many, he takes them at the wrong times. He settles for it late in games, when he should drive.

He got to the free throw line the 2nd most for big men (after howard) in the league last year.

Ragun
08-04-2009, 09:53 PM
bosh hasnt even reached his potential...you guys should of seen this one game against the cats early in the season...he was unbelievable and i have always thought he was capable of it.

he isnt a superstar yet but he has the potential to be one.

RLundi
08-04-2009, 09:55 PM
In the run and gun system, Amare hans't shown me much offense other than dunks. I agree he can still shoot the ball to a certain extent but Bosh has every thing else on offense that they actually excel at.

Unlike Bosh, Amare has a developed back to the basket game, is also an excellent jump shooter and most of those dunks you see are in the low post, after his quick first step leaves his defenders in jello.

I've seen Bosh light it up on offense...but it's one-dimensional. It's either 15 foot jumper or face-up, a couple of dribbles and then a 15 foot jumper.

Amare is just an overall better scorer.

magichatnumber9
08-04-2009, 10:00 PM
That's not his fault. He has been consistent

PhillyDominance
08-04-2009, 10:00 PM
No, he is not overrated

Raps18-19 Champ
08-04-2009, 10:01 PM
Unlike Bosh, Amare has a developed back to the basket game, is also an excellent jump shooter and most of those dunks you see are in the low post, after his quick first step leaves his defenders in jello.

I've seen Bosh light it up on offense...but it's one-dimensional. It's either 15 foot jumper or face-up, a couple of dribbles and then a 15 foot jumper.

I agree that I would rather take Amar'e on offense but Bosh is not that far behind.

Bosh is a way better shooter and in better at putting the ball on the floor.

ILLN355
08-04-2009, 10:08 PM
Bosh is gonna take a pay-cut and hop on the Heat squad. Wade will sign an extension for more little amount of money.

Mikeleafs
08-04-2009, 10:11 PM
Yep, he is.

And the sad thing is he thinks he's worth MAX money!

D-Will4Prez
08-04-2009, 10:17 PM
Offensively, his numbers aren't much better than Boozer.

lou seone
08-04-2009, 10:21 PM
riley is right,don' sign a good payer that would ruin the possibilities of miami being the no,1 destination for all disappointed top tier players in the nba. ( and no taxes)let's build a team that can compete for a championship for 3 or 4 years and win at least one,,none of the free agents that signed ,including odom and boozer together would get us to that level.orlando,boston and the cavaliers would be better.you don't play the season to finish fourth,that is for loosing franchises like the clippers, the bobcats and the raptors.next year 5% lebron,25% bosh,10% omare,and maybe you can add to that a boozer and then you got what it takes.you have to have a plan.why do other players sign with the other team,because they are able to offer more money..next year with the 2nd most money to offer in the nba,no taxes,play with wade and south beach,guess who will be the favorite to land one of the best free agents,maybe even two.you have to go for the home run.consider this if toronto does not finish in the top 4 or the cavs do not win the east they will look to go.a team might not want to give bosh,aldridge or stoudomire all the money they can offer

DP06
08-04-2009, 10:22 PM
I honestly dont know, i've been asking myself self that question ever since we drafted him. He always seems to have that stretch of games where hes absolutely dominating but doesnt really get the raptors anywhere. Hopefully he can show us that he is a number 1 guy this year with some very solid players around him.

Nexus
08-04-2009, 10:31 PM
I agree that I would rather take Amar'e on offense but Bosh is not that far behind.

Bosh is a way better shooter and in better at putting the ball on the floor.

As someone said earlier in the thread, Bosh can still get better. He's shown glimpses of superstardom...usually early in the season before his first ~5 game haitus for something to do with his knee. I know for a fact it's possible for him to average 25/10. As far as him being only a jump shooter, he ranks 4the in the NBA for FTA. And no, his low-post defence isn't horrible (but not good either). Combine it with some solid help defence and he's not really a liability.

As for him being a second option, I actually don't think he would play that role very well in many offenses. For example, if you subbed him in for Gasol, I don't think he'd excel because you need to be a good passer in the triangle offense.

So right now he's not a first option (but he could be) and he wouldn't do well as a second option in some circumstances. Looks like he either needs to take the next step or find himself a team where he fits as a second option.

krest213
08-04-2009, 10:32 PM
he will not carry a team on his own true. he need to come to the heat next to flash and chalmers

lou seone
08-04-2009, 10:36 PM
bosh is a good 2nd option if the heat can't get lebron to join wade.the only and favorite team to put together a wade and lebron,bosh or stoudamire would be the heat.with the second most cap space ,no taxes ,south-beach and riley agreeing to coach the team(only if james comes) the heat will have to over pay for bosh to get him even though he is not a top 10 player.personally i like randolph from golden state and L. aldridge from portland better .the heat will build a team that can compete for a championship for 3 or 4 years and win at least one,,none of the free agents that signed ,including odom and boozer together would get us to that level.orlando,boston and the cavaliers would be better.you don't play the season to finish fourth,that is for loosing franchises like the clippers, the bobcats and the raptors.next year 5% lebron,25% bosh,10% omare,and maybe you can add to that a boozer and then you got what it takes.you have to have a plan.why do other players sign with the other team,because they are able to offer more money..next year with the 2nd most money to offer in the nba,no taxes,play with wade and south beach,guess who will be the favorite to land one of the best free agents,maybe even two.you have to go for the home run.consider this if toronto does not finish in the top 4 or the cavs do not win the east they will look to go.a team might not want to give bosh,aldridge or stoudomire all the money they can offer

Toxeryll
08-04-2009, 10:38 PM

nash created amare, just like marion

RLundi
08-04-2009, 10:47 PM
nash created amare, just like marion

Wrong. Nash didn't create anyone. In fact, D'Antoni's system created Nash. Most players are a product of their own system but some players' skill level can translate anywhere because they are just multi-talented in that way.

Amare is one of them.

Spurred1
08-04-2009, 10:48 PM
Didn't Amare win ROY before Nash came along? Nash maximized Amare's abilities; he didn't create him.
As for the topic, I've read quite a few posts/threads in the Raptors forum. A popular opinion there is that while Bosh is a terrific player, he cannot carry the team as the first option. They don't seem to overrate him at all.

Mile High Champ
08-04-2009, 11:20 PM
Right..well, provide one Chicago media publication that evaluated Bosh's game at all, let alone overrated him.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/jackson/1660375,john-jackson-bulls-071009.article

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/hayes/1656287,CST-SPT-neil08.article

http://www.scoresreport.com/2009/02/17/bosh-to-chicago/

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/sports/New-Bulls-Rumors-Involve-Chris-Bosh.html

These are just examples. When its not coming right out of Chicago, Bulls fans are quoting other sources like the ESPN Chicago site, SI, hoopsworld etc..

Draco
08-04-2009, 11:26 PM
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/jackson/1660375,john-jackson-bulls-071009.article

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/hayes/1656287,CST-SPT-neil08.article

http://www.scoresreport.com/2009/02/17/bosh-to-chicago/

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/sports/New-Bulls-Rumors-Involve-Chris-Bosh.html

These are just examples. When its not coming right out of Chicago, Bulls fans are quoting other sources like the ESPN Chicago site, SI, hoopsworld etc..

The only site that comes close to evaluating Bosh is the last one and none of these links overrate him. Let me guess.. Toronto's media doesn't discuss the possibility of obtaining FAs?

jsumadchat
08-05-2009, 01:00 AM
bosh is a good 2nd option if the heat can't get lebron to join wade.the only and favorite team to put together a wade and lebron,bosh or stoudamire would be the heat.with the second most cap space ,no taxes ,south-beach and riley agreeing to coach the team(only if james comes) the heat will have to over pay for bosh to get him even though he is not a top 10 player.personally i like randolph from golden state and L. aldridge from portland better .the heat will build a team that can compete for a championship for 3 or 4 years and win at least one,,none of the free agents that signed ,including odom and boozer together would get us to that level.orlando,boston and the cavaliers would be better.you don't play the season to finish fourth,that is for loosing franchises like the clippers, the bobcats and the raptors.next year 5% lebron,25% bosh,10% omare,and maybe you can add to that a boozer and then you got what it takes.you have to have a plan.why do other players sign with the other team,because they are able to offer more money..next year with the 2nd most money to offer in the nba,no taxes,play with wade and south beach,guess who will be the favorite to land one of the best free agents,maybe even two.you have to go for the home run.consider this if toronto does not finish in the top 4 or the cavs do not win the east they will look to go.a team might not want to give bosh,aldridge or stoudomire all the money they can offer

WTF are you talking about...

tland22
08-05-2009, 01:18 AM
he isnt good enough for me to respect him. Sorry.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-05-2009, 01:22 AM
As someone said earlier in the thread, Bosh can still get better. He's shown glimpses of superstardom...usually early in the season before his first ~5 game haitus for something to do with his knee. I know for a fact it's possible for him to average 25/10. As far as him being only a jump shooter, he ranks 4the in the NBA for FTA. And no, his low-post defence isn't horrible (but not good either). Combine it with some solid help defence and he's not really a liability.

As for him being a second option, I actually don't think he would play that role very well in many offenses. For example, if you subbed him in for Gasol, I don't think he'd excel because you need to be a good passer in the triangle offense.

So right now he's not a first option (but he could be) and he wouldn't do well as a second option in some circumstances. Looks like he either needs to take the next step or find himself a team where he fits as a second option.

I know. I'm on Bosh's side.

skizzlebizzle35
08-05-2009, 01:42 AM
i like him alot, hes a very good offensive player. All these talks bout getting him in chi town, i would take him in a heart beat, but theres on think that i think tyrus does better than chris. DEFENSE, i remember last season ANDRES NOCIONI took him to the basket on a 1 on 1 situation. I love noch but c mon how do u let a guy drive right past you. terrible!!!!!

HOWARD KOMIVES
08-05-2009, 01:56 AM
anytime you have a guy who can score 25 points per game ,he is great,when you have a guy who can score 25 per and can play a little defense and then put him in d'antoni's sytem and he scores 31 points per game .....i'll take him right now!

IversonIsKrazy
08-05-2009, 02:03 AM
hes a mediocore 1st option, but on a championship taem, he'd be the 2nd option, and yes, this is coming from a Raps fan.

Run&Gun
08-05-2009, 02:44 AM
Bosh is kinda overrated at this point, one thing that is interesting is that he hasn't improved a whole lot or added to his game the last few years, he has been mr. consistent that's for sure, he can't take over the game and help make his team mates around him like Wade or Lebron, so I wouldn't put him in the same situation. He plays decent but not terrible defense, I could see him in a few years getting better, but as of yet I haven't really seen any major improvement over the years. I dare say that Dirk is still better than Bosh, just because he can take a game over and feels more efficient when you watch him, although that may just be because of experience and IQ.

MagicDojo
08-05-2009, 03:15 AM

In Orlando ...we dread him he can score 40 against us...any other teams have a jump shooting center / four that can pop for 40 in the whole NBA? Maybe Nowitzki...anyone else? Bosh is really good.

mdabstar
08-05-2009, 07:31 AM
bosh is a superstar! everyone says that he cant carry a team on his own like lebron or wade, but i say that no big in the nba can carry a team on their own. they always need that sidekick to make them look alot better. torontos teams havent been the strongest and he hasnt had that one player to compliment his game and thats why his game looks overrated.

shaq- needed kobe, wade and now lebron
kg- needed allen and pierce (even with sprewell in 2004)
howard- needed turkoglu, lewis and now vince
kareem- he had just great players around him(magic, worthy)

hopefully with the addition of turk to the raps, it will help out his game. BIG GUYS NEED HELP FROM THE GUARDS which toronto hasnt had since vince.

bigsams50
08-05-2009, 08:15 AM
bosh is a superstar! everyone says that he cant carry a team on his own like lebron or wade, but i say that no big in the nba can carry a team on their own. they always need that sidekick to make them look alot better. torontos teams havent been the strongest and he hasnt had that one player to compliment his game and thats why his game looks overrated.

shaq- needed kobe, wade and now lebron
kg- needed allen and pierce (even with sprewell in 2004)
howard- needed turkoglu, lewis and now vince
kareem- he had just great players around him(magic, worthy)

hopefully with the addition of turk to the raps, it will help out his game. BIG GUYS NEED HELP FROM THE GUARDS which toronto hasnt had since vince.

agreed, no one player really has ever won it by himself

JetLi
08-05-2009, 08:35 AM
In this modernized league, without a star wing player and then an inside presence and someone to facilitate to them (in that order), it seems hard to win anything. Other positions can be filled, but you need that shooter/slasher and that rebounder/post up man. It's a tough league. Is Bosh max money? As a Raps fan, I say, no, not really. In a league though where the number one option on pretty much every team in the league has a max money guy, Bosh is probably in the top 15-20 of players, so he deserves it from that point of view. Will he ever score 50 points and take over a game? Probably not, but it's because he handles the ball less too.

theBraveRocket
08-05-2009, 10:36 AM
I do not believe that he is overrated. While not on LeBron and Wade's level, he is definitely a star. Now, David West is overrated. another product of CP3.

azkarraga
08-05-2009, 11:00 AM
Bosh = Gasol in terms of ability to lead a team, while D-Wade and LBJ = Kobe. So put Bosh with one of those guys and the team is a very good contender.

Exactly. In fact Bosh' Raptors and Gasol's Grizzlies have similar trajectories on the playoffs.

MaHaRaJaH
08-05-2009, 11:13 AM

Any team would want LBJ lol. But between Him, Bosh, and Dwayde, Bosh is probably going to be the most obtainable.

J-Relo
08-05-2009, 11:19 AM
Amare as he said is better than Bosh... but Bosh is not far away... lol

JayW_1023
08-05-2009, 11:22 AM
He'd be a great second option, but he isn't good enough to be a franchise guy.

tonystarks90292
08-05-2009, 11:25 AM
Chris Bosh: overrated? Yes.

Gibby23
08-05-2009, 11:25 AM

The Miami and Chicago fans want to pair him up with Wade or Rose. One player is better than Bosh right now and the other is on his way.

cowboyz180
08-05-2009, 11:32 AM
he is not overrated, but is not in the same category as d-wade and lbj

Mile High Champ
08-05-2009, 11:37 AM
The only site that comes close to evaluating Bosh is the last one and none of these links overrate him. Let me guess.. Toronto's media doesn't discuss the possibility of obtaining FAs?

No the original poster asked why Bosh is constantly in the same discussion as wade and lebron. It is because of the Chicago media which releases so much news about bosh, it just become apparent to some that he is in the same class of talent as a result. If you guys did not talk about him every other day, I don't think we would ever be having this thread. You guys may or may not be overrating him but you are certainly talking about him enough to give that impression.

Bluerapoileagle
08-05-2009, 11:43 AM
Bosh is kind of on an island. He's not as good as Lebron and Wade, but he's on a higher class than West and Stoudemire. I think he is a star, if he gets some good players around him he can lead a team to a championship.

scotttube
08-05-2009, 11:56 AM
I'm a Raps fan but I still think Bosh is overrated. It happened recently though because a fews years ago he was underrated. I think it has to do with being in the same draft class as LBJ, Wade, and Melo and now this 2010 free agency class, him making 4 straight all-star games with 2 of them starting because of injuries to KG. Also, his start to the season last year, the Olympic gold medal and his twitter and youtube account's.

With that said he is more than just a jump shooter. He has a knack for getting to the rim and to the foul line and also makes no mistake from the charity stripe. Each year his rebounding and passing have gotten a little better as well. He needs to develop a mean streak. With all that said he has a chance to be better this year. He has hit the gym and put on 20 pounds to go from 230 to 250.

JayW_1023
08-05-2009, 12:03 PM
He is a big who likes to face up...much like Amare...it'll be interesting how he developes his game when he loses a step and can't beat other bigs off the top of the key as easily anymore.

tland22
08-05-2009, 01:52 PM
[QUOTE=mdabstar;10424553]bosh is a superstar! everyone says that he cant carry a team on his own like lebron or wade, but i say that no big in the nba can carry a team on their own. they always need that sidekick to make them look alot better. torontos teams havent been the strongest and he hasnt had that one player to compliment his game and thats why his game looks overrated.
QUOTE]

Dude, he is NOT a superstar...maybe in Toronto, but not a superstar in the NBA. If you are a superstar, your team is never the worst in the league. A "SUPERSTAR" doesnt let his team continue to swim in mediocrity.
Since Bosh…In 2003, the Raptors even tied an NBA record for fewest points scored in a game against the Minnesota Timberwolves, losing 73–56. Their record was 33–49. Next year, same record 33–49. The following year, in 06 the Raptors and their "STAR" Chris Bosh let Kobe score 81 points on them LOL....some star. And that year they finished the season with the fifth worst record (27–55) in the NBA. Had a solid year the next year, then followed it up with a 41-41 record. And finally, last year Toronto with Bosh AGAIN had a 33-49 record, for the 3rd time lol....so please keep telling us how big of a "SUPERSTAR" Chris Bosh is. Unfortunately, he will never be mentioned with the likes of LBJ, Kobe, Wade, CP3, Duncan, and Howard.

rapswin98
08-05-2009, 01:52 PM
hes overated cause of all this 2010 free agency hype