PDA

View Full Version : Is Andrew Bynum the most talented young big man after Dwight Howard?

Pages : [1] 2

TannerOwnsDevin
08-04-2009, 05:27 PM
He seems to eb a monster on boards, a shot blocking machine and has a little bit more polished post moves than Howard. I can only think of three other big man with tremendous potential that can rival Bynum's and those are Hasheem Thabeet, Greg Oden and Yi Jian Li.

IBleedPurple
08-04-2009, 05:29 PM
Nene is better than Bynum. The difference is hype, and the way they are utilized on their team.

So the answer is No

Lakers4ItAll
08-04-2009, 05:31 PM
Bynum has had alot of injurys so it's hard to say but I can't really think of another young big man that is better. With that said Bynum is nowhere near Howard tho.

b_rad23
08-04-2009, 05:33 PM
Al Jefferson? Michael Beasley? Brook Lopez? Lamarcus Aldridge?

Can someone maybe make an Andrew Bynum subsection for the NBA forum?

Wake's Fastball
08-04-2009, 05:34 PM
Aldridge and Al Jefferson are above Bynum. I'd personally consider Brook Lopez up there as well, at least until Bynum shows he's recovered from his injury. Spencer Hawes, Kevin Love, Andris Biedrins and Jason Thompson can all get thrown into discussion as well, though I'd put Bynum above them.

Mcnabb_vision
08-04-2009, 05:34 PM
bynum COULD of been, but shaqs shoes were too big to fit, n plus he gets injured alot..

nyyankees09
08-04-2009, 05:39 PM
Al Jefferson, Brook Lopez

badinger7
08-04-2009, 05:40 PM
Yep- when hes not hurt I think he is 2nd best - he had that 40 pt game and was playing super well there for a stretch and then got hurt again. It seems like everytime he gets going he gets hurt and suffers another big setback.

JWO35
08-04-2009, 05:41 PM
Who ever voted yes....That's just sad :pity:

DrDEADalready
Hell no. The kid is garbage.

BkOriginalOne
No.
He has a lot of potential given his size and age.
But talent wise, Brook Lopez, Nene, Al Jefferson, Al Horford, Noah all have more Talent.

Jays Claw
08-04-2009, 05:42 PM
I would put Al Jefferson, Brook Lopez, Al Horford and Emeka Okafor ahead of Andrew Bynum.

Catfish1314
08-04-2009, 05:43 PM
No, that title belongs to Al Jefferson.

And after Jefferson, Bynum is in the mix with Brook Lopez, Andris Biedrins, Andrea Bargnani, LaMarcus Aldridge, Al Horford, Spencer Hawes, Jason Thompson, Kevin Love, Joakim Noah, etc.

He had a great 35 game stretch 2 years ago. Since then, he's been average. Average and/or injured.

ILLN355
08-04-2009, 05:44 PM
Okur's more talented then him.

rever
08-04-2009, 05:45 PM
im sorry but Jefferson is miles past bynum

king4day
08-04-2009, 05:45 PM
Chandler and Okafor I'd put ahead of him.
Bynum is really young though. If he can stay healthy, then in a few years we could be talking him and Howard as a 1-2 in terms of best bigs.

rever
08-04-2009, 05:53 PM
I a going to start a new thread....

Called ... Who wants to wash Bynums jock strap more.
I bet it will be the most popular thread yet/

Lakerfrk
08-04-2009, 05:55 PM
I love Bynum.. I really do... Al Jefferson is a TON better.. I'd probably take Aldrige too...

Trouble87
08-04-2009, 05:59 PM
HELL NO

Spencer Hawes, Andris Biedrins, Kosta Koufos, Al Jefferson, Marcin Gortat, Brook Lopez, Blake Griffin (maybe), Jokim Noah, and that list could go on forever

Bynum has talent but he's too injury prone to be consistent

NeutralFan
08-04-2009, 06:03 PM
I'm a Lakers fan and the answer is hell no.. Maybe in a few years. Not even close now.

rainbowcow1
08-04-2009, 06:06 PM
andrea bargnani

azkarraga
08-04-2009, 06:09 PM
no.

QuaLiThADoN
08-04-2009, 06:15 PM
Jefferson, Lopez just to name 2 young big man that are better than bynum

nba08
08-04-2009, 06:16 PM
i say when healthy yes he is that talented. you cant teach 7 feet with soft hand, nimble feet and pretty good athletic ability.he also has a 7'4 wingspan and isnt a chump strength wise either, kid is a good 285 and he does show some good hooks here and then. the thing with him is can he stay healthy and how bad does he want it. that what separate guys like al jeff and even L.A. from portland from him. but as far as talent which the thread ask not whos better he is up there

magichatnumber9
08-04-2009, 06:16 PM
Bynum gets K. Perkins kind of respect. I know you want more then that, but dam you got a ring because he played his role.

Padres Son
08-04-2009, 06:18 PM
He's not in the top 5. I'm so sick of the over-hype this kid gets.

lakers4sho
08-04-2009, 06:20 PM
People need to look at both sides of the floor.

Teeboy1487
08-04-2009, 06:22 PM
Bynum is strictly potential right now although he has showed flashes. He has to stay healthy first. Still, I hate his contract right now because he is vastly overpaid. He has yet to play a full season and he is almost getting as much money as Chris Paul. I really hope he pans out and live up to that fat contract. Right now, I will say he is a decent center and he can be great if he stays healthy a few years. He is not as bad you guys make him out to be, but he still has a lot to prove.

Shahrose
08-04-2009, 06:23 PM
nope, Brook Lopez is

clu206
08-04-2009, 06:26 PM
Any body that mentioned Okur and Nene is oblivious to what the question actually is...Is he the most talented YOUNG big man after Howard..
Are Okur and Nene still considered young??:speechless:
Jefferson is a more proven force,Aldridge is a beast,Randolph from GS is gonna be amazing and Horford is consistently improving.I'd put him in the Top 5-7 cuz he will be very good but he's not the best of the bunch..

How about Bosh is he not considered a BigMan??
Hawes,Thompson and Love are not up there yet and Lopez needs to prove this year wasnt a fluke....:worthy:

GO BRONCOS!!!:dance2:

Catfish1314
08-04-2009, 06:41 PM
Any body that mentioned Okur and Nene is oblivious to what the question actually is...Is he the most talented YOUNG big man after Howard..
Jefferson is a more proven force,Aldridge is a beast,Randolph from GS is gonna be amazing and Horford is consistently improving.I'd put him in the Top 5-7 cuz he will be very good but he's not the best of the bunch..

How about Bosh is he not considered a BigMan??
Hawes,Thompson and Love are not up there yet and Lopez needs to prove this year wasnt a fluke....:worthy:

GO BRONCOS!!!:dance2:

If Thompson, Hawes, Love, and Lopez aren't up there yet, then neither are Anthony Randolph or Andrew Bynum. Bynum has 2 or 3 consistent, reliable post moves and he's great at bodying up on other bigs in the post, but other than that he has been very average since the 30+ game stretch he had 2 years ago.

macc
08-04-2009, 06:44 PM
On Bynums defense, he's really young. He has alot of potentional but what I think needs to happen is for him to gain some muscle. Tall lanky guys like that normally have careers full of injury. If he can gain some muscle and keep working on his games he could be a top center in this league. Esp in a league where there isn't many great centers anymore.

MagicBucsSox
08-04-2009, 06:44 PM
this angers me soooooooo bad. yes bynum now has a title,but he did nothing to earn it but be 7ft. he sucks. like he's terrible and laker fans love to blame it on injuries when HE WAS NEVER GOOD. only reason ppl know who he is,is for the jersey he wears

Chronz
08-04-2009, 06:45 PM
I think you guys need to look up the definition of talented, in terms of Talent. Bynum is the most talented center in the game outside of Dwight. There is nobody with his set of length and athletcism, NOBODY. The fact that hes got a brain to go with it, makes this a no brainer.

Emeka Okafor lol, hes too small for the 5 and too slow for the 4. Nene doesnt have Bynums length or size, Yao could never solve fronting schemes without a perfect lob pass, Bynum can catch anything above the rim. Al Jefferson defense is mediocre because hes not a center. Amare was the most talented, but he also lacks the wide body to play the 5.

bigsams50
08-04-2009, 06:46 PM
another bynum thread.........**** yall are in love with the guy

dre1990
08-04-2009, 06:46 PM
most potential? maybe. most talented? no

lakers4sho
08-04-2009, 06:50 PM
I think you guys need to look up the definition of talented, in terms of Talent. Bynum is the most talented center in the game outside of Dwight. There is nobody with his set of length and athletcism, NOBODY. The fact that hes got a brain to go with it, makes this a no brainer.

Emeka Okafor lol, hes too small for the 5 and too slow for the 4. Nene doesnt have Bynums length or size, Yao could never solve fronting schemes without a perfect lob pass, Bynum can catch anything above the rim. Al Jefferson defense is mediocre because hes not a center. Amare was the most talented, but he also lacks the wide body to play the 5.

:nod:

bigsams50
08-04-2009, 06:52 PM
Bynum can bynum can, but bynum doesnt

ILLN355
08-04-2009, 06:52 PM
On Bynums defense, he's really young. He has alot of potentional but what I think needs to happen is for him to gain some muscle. Tall lanky guys like that normally have careers full of injury. If he can gain some muscle and keep working on his games he could be a top center in this league. Esp in a league where there isn't many great centers anymore.

bynums 285 pounds?

Chronz
08-04-2009, 06:53 PM
Doesnt what?

bahama0811
08-04-2009, 06:54 PM
No way is Bynum even close to being in the conversation. Maybe if he can stay healthy for a full year that could change but not right now.

bigsams50
08-04-2009, 06:56 PM
he doesnt do anything yall say he does great, He can catch anything above the rim, he doesnt,

arkanian215
08-04-2009, 06:57 PM
lol yeah i agree with whoever said there should be a minimum number of posts before someone can create their own thread.

theBraveRocket
08-04-2009, 07:00 PM
looks like we have 13 lakers fans in the forum now

Catfish1314
08-04-2009, 07:02 PM

A healthy Tyson Chandler has his length and more athleticism. Granted, he doesn't have Bynum's hands. Obviously there's more to athleticism than jumping but depending on to what extent you're defining it in Bynum's case, Joakim Noah has a 38 inch vert and he's a legit 7'0. I seriously doubt Bynum has those kind of hops. Greg Oden has a 34 inch vert and a 7'4 wingspan just like Bynum. And athleticism has been his strong suit since scouts found him.

The thread asks "Is Andrew Bynum the most talented young big man after Dwight Howard?" If it is just Centers, you could easily make a case for Bynum. It never specifies Center or Power Forward. That leaves a lot of room for bigs in this discussion and Andrew Bynum doesn't come in second behind Dwight Howard.

b_rad23
08-04-2009, 07:03 PM

Thread says big man not center. (Al Jeff is a big man and is far more talented, Bosh is a young big man and is far more talented, Amare is pretty young and is far more talented, etc.)

# talent - endowment: natural abilities or qualities
# talent - a person who possesses unusual innate ability in some field or activity

I'd say Amare and Bosh both possess more innate natural ability...

blazerman
08-04-2009, 07:07 PM
Ya know I thought I'd be happy with a Laker bashing thread but I gotta say I like Bynum, he's just a young guy trying to get better on a big stage, not an easy job considering the guys who played that position before him.

The only negative is if you try to compare him against previous Laker centers(then you could say he's a straight up bum) but he is young and today's talent at ctr isnt all that and he's in the middle of the pack.

Nene, Jefferson, Lopez, Perkins, Oneil (old but just as good as Bynum),Okafor, Okur, Camby and Kaman are all as good as Bynum.(Shaq is still better too but Bynum has a lot of yrs left and could very well surpass the field but not at this moment.

Aldridge is a PF and I need to see Oden for a full yr to see where he stands but the above guys are all just as good.

KnicksR4Real
08-04-2009, 07:08 PM
Dirk Nowitzki, he is technically a big man.

AntiG
08-04-2009, 07:14 PM
no. he's certainly the most overhyped, overrated young big man though.

Toenail Clipper
08-04-2009, 07:15 PM
If Lamar and Kobe did not injure him, then you can compare the two.
I hope next season, Ron Artest or Paul Gasol injures him.
lmao

asandhu23
08-04-2009, 07:16 PM
Andris Biedrins anyone? not exactly old...

cHi8DaL5LA420
08-04-2009, 07:20 PM
i voted yes... because when he is playing at his best... we all saw the game where he scored over 50... completley took over and dominated the game... he has to grow up mentality wise...dude isbad though

zambo4president
08-04-2009, 07:22 PM
Hell No! Al Jeff,Lopez,Aldridge,Okafor,Horford and maybe even Spencer Hawes are more talented than Bynum.

zambo4president
08-04-2009, 07:23 PM
Dirk Nowitzki, he is technically a big man.

Yeah but the question was young big man not any big man.

DitchDat
08-04-2009, 07:24 PM
Bynum is not the #2 most talented big man in the league. Simple and plain.

Bleeds Blue
08-04-2009, 07:25 PM
z4p say what you want about him being injury prone, there is truth to that. but when he is healthy there is no denying he is better than everyone on that list outside of jefferson if you actually watch him play

Ripper Gein
08-04-2009, 07:33 PM
Anyone who says no is a Braindead Dickless Hating Douchebag, who knows NOTHING about basketball.

goku
08-04-2009, 07:38 PM
no brook lopez is better

showtym24
08-04-2009, 07:43 PM
bynum COULD of been, but shaqs shoes were too big to fit, n plus he gets injured alot..

21 year old who had two freak injuries lmao @ could have been.

showtym24
08-04-2009, 07:44 PM
so many haters

MagicBucsSox
08-04-2009, 07:48 PM

hahahahaha

Chronz
08-04-2009, 07:49 PM
A healthy Tyson Chandler has his length and more athleticism. Granted, he doesn't have Bynum's hands. Obviously there's more to athleticism than jumping but depending on to what extent you're defining it in Bynum's case, Joakim Noah has a 38 inch vert and he's a legit 7'0. I seriously doubt Bynum has those kind of hops.
Id be interested in seeing their standing reach, but heres the thing, the players that can extend as high and as quickly as Bynum are usually twigs. Tyson and Noah being prominent examples, if you were to pair CP3 with Bynum on those PnR sets, CP3 would have a better pocket and would see his Ast/To ratio increase a fair bit.

Greg Oden has a 34 inch vert and a 7'4 wingspan just like Bynum. And athleticism has been his strong suit since scouts found him.
I saw him alot this year, he rarely look comfortable out there but yes when healthy I expected him to be Bynum esque. He had himself a very solid rookie year definitely in Bynums class.

The thread asks "Is Andrew Bynum the most talented young big man after Dwight Howard?" If it is just Centers, you could easily make a case for Bynum. It never specifies Center or Power Forward. That leaves a lot of room for bigs in this discussion and Andrew Bynum doesn't come in second behind Dwight Howard.

Oden and Amare are the only guys I could think of, but the way I defined it was by asking myself who was talented enough to play center. Both Amare and Dwight have made the move from the 4 to the 5, and only 1 was talented enough to stick there. If the reason Amare cant play the 5 is because he lacks a physical trait then there is something to be said for the ability to play the 5. I know Bynum could never play the 4, but the point is that you would never want him to because a TRUE quality Center is in much higher demand.

he doesnt do anything yall say he does great, He can catch anything above the rim, he doesnt,
What do you mean, do you think I literally meant EVERYTHING? I meant as in the only guy who has a higher catch box is Dwight. Some players have to have the perfect lob it with air space around them to flush it . Bynum catches congested lobs in traffic. So I dont see where your getting your ideas from

Chronz
08-04-2009, 07:56 PM
Thread says big man not center. (Al Jeff is a big man and is far more talented, Bosh is a young big man and is far more talented, Amare is pretty young and is far more talented, etc.)

I'd say Amare and Bosh both possess more innate natural ability...
I value bigmen who can play Center more, dont know if thats right or not but its why I separated him into the center class. But if your talking about position defined, Id still think Bynum was more talented. What makes Al Jefferson more talented? The reason that kid is any good is because hes had a set of low post skills since HS. Now to some skills are learned through repetition and practice, not through sheer genetic accidents. But to others like Kevin McHale some people are just born with touch and feel for getting the ball in the hole. If your one of those believers then Id agree with you, Jefferson is just in a league his own when it comes to touch in the paint, Ive seen him make flip shots over Yao with ease. Bosh however, is skilled, and those are skills you learn growing up handling the ball alot.

bigsams50
08-04-2009, 08:07 PM
What do you mean, do you think I literally meant EVERYTHING? I meant as in the only guy who has a higher catch box is Dwight. Some players have to have the perfect lob it with air space around them to flush it . Bynum catches congested lobs in traffic. So I dont see where your getting your ideas from

srry, misunderstood

bigsams50
08-04-2009, 08:08 PM
as for being a hater for thinking hes not the 2nd best young center behind howard? please man, dudes done nothing to prove it

Chronz
08-04-2009, 08:12 PM
as for being a hater for thinking hes not the 2nd best young center behind howard? please man, dudes done nothing to prove it
How do you prove talent? Talent is something your born with, you either have it in your DNA or you dont. Bynums talent is on full display if you ever go to a Laker game and see him in person.

But I guess its all about preference, you may value someones speed in the open floor like with Amare and I value Bynums ability to suck in the defense simply because hes such a strong finisher in the paint.

bigsams50
08-04-2009, 08:14 PM
i prefer someone who produces, not being praised for potential

arkanian215
08-04-2009, 08:17 PM
lol so dirk, kobe, nash, kidd, paul etc dont have talent? talent is not something you're born with. you learn to shoot the ball well. you work hard in the gym during the offseason so you can jump higher and run faster when you get on the court. you practice running sets so you can recognize what's going on faster.
if talent was inherited then mj's kids would all be in the league playing ball just like him.

willthethrill22
08-04-2009, 08:17 PM
does Bosh count as a young big man?:shrug:

b_rad23
08-04-2009, 08:19 PM
I value bigmen who can play Center more, dont know if thats right or not but its why I separated him into the center class. But if your talking about position defined, Id still think Bynum was more talented. What makes Al Jefferson more talented? The reason that kid is any good is because hes had a set of low post skills since HS. Now to some skills are learned through repetition and practice, not through sheer genetic accidents. But to others like Kevin McHale some people are just born with touch and feel for getting the ball in the hole. If your one of those believers then Id agree with you, Jefferson is just in a league his own when it comes to touch in the paint, Ive seen him make flip shots over Yao with ease. Bosh however, is skilled, and those are skills you learn growing up handling the ball alot.

Yeah for sure.

I'd say Amare's more talented (and at center he put up 23 and 11 in his career).

Al Jeff is on the same level as a natural talent also but maybe not quite. He's definitely more refined obviously.

And I probably agree about Bosh, however, you don't see many 6'10", 6'11" guys who can move and play like a guard and like a big man. You have to be gifted to be able to do things like that. Whether or not that's mostly because of natural talent or hard work, we don't really know for sure.

RLundi
08-04-2009, 08:20 PM
The fact that Andrew Bynum's name is even mentioned in the same sentence as Dwight Howard's is utterly insulting.

JRisdabest
08-04-2009, 08:21 PM
bynumb does suck

Chronz
08-04-2009, 08:22 PM
i prefer someone who produces, not being praised for potential

But production is a result of talent+skill.

Chronz
08-04-2009, 08:24 PM
lol so dirk, kobe, nash, kidd, paul etc dont have talent? talent is not something you're born with. you learn to shoot the ball well. you work hard in the gym during the offseason so you can jump higher and run faster when you get on the court. you practice running sets so you can recognize what's going on faster.
if talent was inherited then mj's kids would all be in the league playing ball just like him.
I dont know man, Im confused on what talent is. Is it a natural ability, or something that can be learned. I always separated Talent from Skills.

By the way MJ's kids werent as talented as him. Just because your father had the right set of genes, doesnt mean you will. Remember you only get half of his.

jmastert
08-04-2009, 08:29 PM
first of all the thread says young big man. i saw some ppl wright okur, nene. these ppl rnt very young there 26+.

Regardless its easily Al Jefferson and Brook Lopez. Bynum isnt even that talented, he just uses his big body, doesnt have great foot work, jump shot or anything.

arkanian215
08-04-2009, 08:34 PM
I'd like to think of talent as things you can learn and develop as well as thing you can never get. Zbo is talented because he has this sixth sense of how to score around the basket. Nash, Rubio, Kidd, Kobe, Lebron and a ton of soccer players have vision and creativity which is really hard to teach but you definitely can work on it. Guys like Budinger, Joe Alexander, Sean Williams, and Nate Robinson are talented because they have freak athleticism. Can you learn to jump higher and dunk better? sure. guys like dirk and murphy got range. rip has this old school feel for the game of how to manipulate the screens and defenders so he can get his mid range jumper. stuff like that i consider talent. something like size i wouldnt necessarily call talent though.

RLundi
08-04-2009, 08:36 PM
i voted yes... because when he is playing at his best... we all saw the game where he scored over 50... completley took over and dominated the game... he has to grow up mentality wise...dude isbad though

:confused:

When on God's green Earth did that happen?

arkanian215
08-04-2009, 08:37 PM
bynum has good foot work and is quite mobile for his size and weight. he is pretty fluid for a big man. of course that looks better on the court than the bumbling brook lopez but how much is that gonna help his game?

bigsams50
08-04-2009, 08:40 PM
But production is a result of talent+skill.

so u want a talented center who doesnt produce?

RLundi
08-04-2009, 08:51 PM
so u want a talented center who doesnt produce?

Read: Greg Oden.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-04-2009, 08:56 PM
Al Jefferson.

You can also make the arguement Paul Millsap, David Lee, Al Horford, and a couple of other guys being better than Bynum.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-04-2009, 08:59 PM
I think Horford is better than Bynum.

I have Jefferson then Horford.

lexworld2009
08-04-2009, 09:05 PM
Bynum jus needs to put a full healthy year together and this won't even be an issue he'd be right behind Howard, but as of right now I have to go with jefferson, but like bynum we have to see how he does after a major knee injury like that yeah know what I mean.

theimortalone
08-04-2009, 09:17 PM
Nope! Maybe if has a perfect season of no injuries, and if he didn't foul as much! :laugh2:

HuRRiCaNeS324
08-04-2009, 09:29 PM
AL Jefferson is 42543562334643653652365372617376457879 times better than bynum. AJ is an all star if he wasn't in the t wolves

TheMicrowave
08-04-2009, 09:37 PM
No. Simple.

montez1599
08-04-2009, 09:38 PM
For those of you who don't think Bynum is second best talent behind Howard have got to be out of their minds,of course if you're just looking at numbers and not looking at who they're playing with,If Bynum was in a position like Dwight,a go to guy so to speak,he would produce alot more points than Howard and probably just as many blocks if he got the playing time like Howard, but the Lakers are not stupid,he is young,talented and he is the future of the franchise. When playing with so much talent,he isn't needed as much as Howard,playing behind Bryant,Gasol and Odom,you take Howard out of Orlando's Lineup and they have nothing,you put Bynum in Orlando and Howard in L.A Howard's numbers will go down,all of them and all of Bynum's numbers will go up, so don't just look at numbers you have to look at what a team needs and the situation a player is in but in time,Bynum will have his day and all of you will see he is everything the Lakers thought he'd be and more,one more thing,remember,he's only 21 going on his fifth year in the league.

TheMicrowave
08-04-2009, 09:40 PM
Bynum jus needs to put a full healthy year together and this won't even be an issue he'd be right behind Howard, but as of right now I have to go with jefferson, but like bynum we have to see how he does after a major knee injury like that yeah know what I mean.

Bynum has not been playing well even after the injury. He didn't even get a lot of playing time or at least lost some. He is not close to Howard or Jefferson. Those guys are leaders of teams right now and two of the best players in the league.

Bynum has not playing like he is worth that big contract he signed.

mrtrey1992
08-04-2009, 09:43 PM
he could be but not rite now

TheMicrowave
08-04-2009, 09:44 PM
For those of you who don't think Bynum is second best talent behind Howard have got to be out of their minds,of course if you're just looking at numbers and not looking at who they're playing with,If Bynum was in a position like Dwight,a go to guy so to speak,he would produce alot more points than Howard and probably just as many blocks if he got the playing time like Howard, but the Lakers are not stupid,he is young,talented and he is the future of the franchise. When playing with so much talent,he isn't needed as much as Howard,playing behind Bryant,Gasol and Odom,you take Howard out of Orlando's Lineup and they have nothing,you put Bynum in Orlando and Howard in L.A Howard's numbers will go down,all of them and all of Bynum's numbers will go up, so don't just look at numbers you have to look at what a team needs and the situation a player is in but in time,Bynum will have his day and all of you will see he is everything the Lakers thought he'd be and more,one more thing,remember,he's only 21 going on his fifth year in the league.

You are losing your mind.

MacFitz92
The ONLY reason somebody would say Bynum is the 2nd post talented young big, is if:

A) They are a Lakers fan
B) They haven't seen Al Jefferson play

I'm not saying he isn't the 2nd best talented young big in the NBA though.

I'm saying:

HELL NO he isn't the 2nd best talented young big in the NBA.

B.JenningsMVP
Bynum is the 2nd best Center in the league & will start in the All-Star game next year. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

RLundi

All that being said...Al Jefferson is still LEVELS above Bynum. So to answer the question of the thread: no, Bynum is not the most talented big man after Howard.

B.JenningsMVP
08-04-2009, 09:46 PM
Bynum will be better than Howard :smoking: :smoking:
:D

Raps18-19 Champ
08-04-2009, 09:46 PM

No.

Chronz
08-04-2009, 09:47 PM
Yea the Dwight Bynm comparison guy is crazy

RLundi
08-04-2009, 09:48 PM
Bynum will be better than Howard :smoking: :smoking:
:D

Maybe. But as of right now, its no comparison. The fact that Bynum barely played in the playoffs makes the point for itself.

Agar81
08-04-2009, 09:50 PM
adam morrison could do better at C for the Lakers. He is the definition of trash...

JWO35
08-04-2009, 09:50 PM
WOW!

Did someone just say if Bynum played for the Magic they would be better, and Bynum would average what Howard average :pity:

BradyIsTheMan12
08-04-2009, 09:52 PM
oden is much more talented than bynum but who knows if he will stay healthy or stay out of foul trouble

HiphopRelated
08-04-2009, 09:54 PM
He's not the best center named Andrew

Agar81
08-04-2009, 09:55 PM
haha bogut's better

Mavrix
08-04-2009, 09:55 PM
Bynum is nothing special, Andris Beidrins is better.

BlondeBomber41
08-04-2009, 09:56 PM
Gross. Hell no.

JWO35
08-04-2009, 09:57 PM
He isn't the best Bynum in the NBA either :D

Mavrix
08-04-2009, 10:00 PM

I just looked up Will Bynum's stats...7 points 3 assists in only 14 minutes a game?! Damn Pistons need him to play 30 minutes a game

Agar81
08-04-2009, 10:01 PM
HAHAHAHA WILL:clap:

Afridi786
08-04-2009, 10:06 PM
so many haters

There are more than 25 Laker fans on psd, if most Lakers fans don't believe it, what makes you think non laker fans would.

jrivera
08-04-2009, 10:08 PM
Damn that poll is so lopsided...

IBleedPurple
08-04-2009, 10:15 PM

Is 26 an elderly veteran? That's all Nene is.

Nene doesnt have Bynums length or size

Nene is 6'11 with a 34" vertical.
Bynum is 7'0 with a a 33" vertical.

Player-Standing Height/Wingspan/PseudoReach
Nene-83"/88.5"/127.25"
Bynum-84"/87"/127.5"

Wrong

no. he's certainly the most overhyped, overrated young big man though.

:nod:

Anyone who says yes is a Braindead Dickless Hating Douchebag, who knows NOTHING about basketball.

Fixed

PurpleJesus
08-04-2009, 10:18 PM
al jeff, brook lopez, aldridge, blake griffin, to many to name. Bynum showed what he had one year only, and he did it on a team with Kobe where he never face double teams. Bynum is an above average post player, but give me a guy like al jeff who has shown he can get 20 + points while facing a double team, while getting 10 + rebounds as well

RLundi
08-04-2009, 10:33 PM
dude, do you really think it's in the dna? You have to be ******** to think that. Does a woman who sucks d-i-c-k get that "talent" from her mom and dad? If michael jordan got lisa leslie and cynthia cooper pregnant, would the kids would be jumping from the 3 point line to do a 2-handed dunk by age 5? Would their version of the free throw line be at the nba's half court?

You said yourself, you don't know. So stop talking about stuff you don't know anything about. You must have got that "gene," talking about stuff you know nothing about, from your parents. Dumb "fugger"...

lmbo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agar81
08-04-2009, 10:34 PM
Id take Scott Pollard over him In a heartbeat no sarcasm:laugh::laugh:

123heyho
08-04-2009, 10:35 PM
I'd rather have Biedrins than Bynum.

I'm pretty sure Bynum averaged more fouls than points or rebounds during the playoffs....

LakersSaintsLSU
08-04-2009, 10:50 PM
he's gonna have an injury free year and will be considered one of the top centers within the next 2 years

LakersSaintsLSU
08-04-2009, 10:52 PM
I'd rather have Biedrins than Bynum.

I'm pretty sure Bynum averaged more fouls than points or rebounds during the playoffs....

that may be true....but no layups means NO LAYUPS he didnt care he just wasnt gonna let orlando score easy

Giannis94
08-04-2009, 11:00 PM
Bosh?

jim51990
08-04-2009, 11:06 PM
bynum is plain awful

SilverRedstone
08-04-2009, 11:06 PM
He seems to eb a monster on boards, a shot blocking machine and has a little bit more polished post moves than Howard. I can only think of three other big man with tremendous potential that can rival Bynum's and those are Hasheem Thabeet, Greg Oden and Yi Jian Li.

iight first off its Yi Jianlian but most importantly....are you out of ur goddamn mind? Thabeet Yi and Oden? Thabeet is an offensive liablity and Yi..even though im a nets fan and dont wanna see him go...hasnt done **** yet and is made week. and Oden...i believe he is better than bynum ..as long as he can stay healthy. When you talk about talented big men besides howard who are young...you think of Oden and Brook Lopez, Al Jefferson and by the way Yi plays the 3- 4. i wouldnt consider him a big. even spencer hawes infront of thabeet. and what about Marc Gasol? dude.......come on

stawka
08-04-2009, 11:08 PM
he's gonna have an injury free year and will be considered one of the top centers within the next 2 years

What year are we talking about? 2006? 2007? 2008? 2009?

We been listening to that BS for how long now. He's the next Hakeem/Shaq/Kareem/Ewing/Wilt all in one.

Agar81
08-04-2009, 11:17 PM
I'm tired of Lakers fans overhyping this guy along with the rest of their team. He hasn't done anything in the reg season and when it counts. They would be better off with Mbenga starting no joke.

madiaz3
08-04-2009, 11:30 PM

LOL Beasely. Brook Lopez is good but his ceiling is not much higher than where he is now. Al Jefferson definitely though. LMA too.

Bynum isn't injury prone. That's like calling myself injury prone if I get into two unrelated car crashes a year apart. Unlucky? Definitely. Injury Prone? No. Injury prone is T-Mac and Yao, injuring themselves with the fatigue of long seasons, no one is falling on their knees or colliding with them when this happens.

HeatFan
08-04-2009, 11:33 PM
If we base it on age why wouldn't Amare Stoudemire be considered? He is only 26 and I'd prefer him over Bynum any day.

I think Bynum makes good moves and has a couple of good games once in a while and somehow he's thought of as future all star. Can't see how. He'll probably end up like Jerome James or something like that.

Young and Stupid
08-04-2009, 11:49 PM
LOL Beasely. Brook Lopez is good but his ceiling is not much higher than where he is now. Al Jefferson definitely though. LMA too.

Bynum isn't injury prone. That's like calling myself injury prone if I get into two unrelated car crashes a year apart. Unlucky? Definitely. Injury Prone? No. Injury prone is T-Mac and Yao, injuring themselves with the fatigue of long seasons, no one is falling on their knees or colliding with them when this happens.

Nah, that would make you a bad driver, and yes if you got into two car crashes in two years I would say you were probably a bad driver, but anyway. Bynum is injury prone until he proves that he can play a whole season. If I was a character in "The Final Destination" and a freak accident happened and I died I'm still dead, I'm not "unlucky" I'm dead. And...why does Bynum have a higher ceiling than Bynum?..

SeoulBeatz
08-04-2009, 11:56 PM
al jefferson man????

Kobe2324
08-04-2009, 11:58 PM
Die hard lakers fan here, but bynum has been under achieving since day one, he had a few great games before the injury last year but I highly doubt he would of kept that up. I think we will see another mediocre year at best this season from the big fella, and if we do I hope we trade him for someone who will step in and get the job done.

cowboyz180
08-05-2009, 12:02 AM
no way

Gibby23
08-05-2009, 12:29 AM

You can't be a bigman if you are 6'7''.

Illuminati999
08-05-2009, 12:45 AM

He's actually 6'9''. Not sure who sets the standard for big.

tland22
08-05-2009, 01:09 AM

Three things:

1. He stinks.

2. Define "young" because 30 is young to many people. And to some 26 may be old.

3. You are grossly OVEREXAGGERATING Bynums abilities. I feel bad for you man. You really believe that Yi, Oden, and Thabeet have this great potential to rival Howard? No indeed. I almost couldnt believe that was the list you composed. None of those guys will be even half as good as Bynum...which really and truly isnt saying much.

Rex-Raptorz
08-05-2009, 01:23 AM
bosh ,bargnani and al -jeff destroy him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

b_rad23
08-05-2009, 01:26 AM

I guess Barkley wasn't a big man?

He's actually 6'9''. Not sure who sets the standard for big.

Yeah...exactly. He's- at shortest- 6'81/2" as he's taller than Haslem who is 6'8". And if height was all that mattered Dwight wouldn't be a center and guys like Blair and Maxiel would I guess be wings...

vash9
08-05-2009, 02:15 AM
Jefferson
Lopez
Biedrins

Those 3 aren't near DHoward, but hell, they are much better than Bynum.

I thought Bynum was going to be a Shaq v2.0 until he got that injury in 08. Everyone was claiming he'd be back 100% in 09...until he got injured again. To me, he has to be injury prone. I still think he has a lot of potential left considering how young he is, but for now, i'll leave him as one of the worst centers/big men of the league.

BlondeBomber41
08-05-2009, 02:40 AM
I will list all young bigs better than Andrew Bynum.

Marc Gasol
Andrew Bogut
Brook Lopez
David Lee
Spencer Hawes
Al Horford
Andris Biedrins
Al Jefferson
Kevin Love
Lamarcus Aldridge
Paul Millsap

They are all IMO better than Bynum, and the bolded ones are no question better.

Thats not even counting bigs that are still quite young but been around awhile like Chris Bosh and Amare.

1WorthyLakerFan
08-05-2009, 02:44 AM
He has shown moments on being the 2nd most talented bog man; however, guys like Aldridge, and Jefferson have sustained it for longer. I imagine next year he could easily be a top 5 big (sans injury)

fresh prince
08-05-2009, 02:46 AM
I'm tired of Lakers fans overhyping this guy along with the rest of their team. He hasn't done anything in the reg season and when it counts. They would be better off with Mbenga starting no joke.

Lets be clear on a few things.

1. Andrew Bynum does not stink.

He averaged 14.7 ppg 8.3 rpg and 1.5 bpg , 56% fg in 50 reg season games played last year. As the 3-4 option on a great team. That speaks for itself really. He had a two week stretch right before he got hurt where he was playing better than any big man in the game. That stretch's high point was a 42 point 15 rebs and 3 blk performance! MBENGA nor 85% of the other bigs in the game could even pull of such a performance

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3936/gamelog;_ylt=AtQj_C92IM0GmKh75CP9XsYhPaB4

2. He is vastly overrated by us Laker fans..That's what we do tho. Its part of the territory

3. The fact that he is so overrated by Laker fans has led to people like yourself to say things such as Bynum Sucks, etc etc. If anyone takes off the hate or love glasses its clear Bynum when healthy is a top 5 center in the game and has a bright future ahead of him. Its just the hype that has caused many to start hating on him, but all the tools are there. His only issue is stating healthy at this point.

blazerman
08-05-2009, 03:06 AM
adam morrison could do better at C for the Lakers. He is the definition of trash...

That's too funny!

and to think that bum was drafted higher than Brandon Roy. I bet you he'll be the lead janitor in the staples ctr in 2010/2011. Even if they pay him $11.00 per hr he'd still be overpaid!

Lakers3747
08-05-2009, 03:20 AM
i think bynum is better than howard in the finals bynum had howard on lock the only reason bynum aint but in the same catagory as howard shaq and yoa is because he always finds a way to get hurt when he is healthy he is the best big in the league

Chronz
08-05-2009, 04:05 AM
Is 26 an elderly veteran? That's all Nene is.

Nene is 6'11 with a 34" vertical.
Bynum is 7'0 with a a 33" vertical.

Player-Standing Height/Wingspan/PseudoReach
Nene-83"/88.5"/127.25"
Bynum-84"/87"/127.5"

Bynum grown quite abit since then if they are listing him as 7"ft tall from what Ive read hes closer to 7"1. And where did you get the draft numbers from? Draftxpress?

bolts4ever
08-05-2009, 04:11 AM
I'm am a Laker fan and do not believe that BYNUM is overatted. But I think he is UNPROVEN and INCONSSISTANT.

Honestly he is probably in a class with HOWARD and ODEN as the only players in the game that can ever become FRANCHISE CENTERS.

And in my UN BIASSED opinion his ovensive game is LIGHT YEARS ahead of all the young centers even HOWARD but he has either been IN INURED or he doesn't get the OPPORTUNITIES.

Iron24th
08-05-2009, 04:54 AM
Bynum is talented,anyone who don't admit it is a hater,but talent isn't enough,before his two previous injuries he was posting very high numbers,so,yes he's that good,if he plays a full season,haters will be gone.

RISE ABOVE
08-05-2009, 05:11 AM
If Jefferson played behind Kobe, Gasol, Odom, he'd have 12 pt's a game.

lamar2006
08-05-2009, 05:34 AM
love of Bynum haters. I can guarantee you this more than 20 teams would take him over their current C. other than Howard, Yao, everyone else is up for discussion of being the 3rd best center. TRUE CENTER.

JJ81
08-05-2009, 05:50 AM
Nene is better than Bynum. The difference is hype, and the way they are utilized on their team.

So the answer is No

Nene's nearly 27, does he count as a young player?

JJ81
08-05-2009, 05:53 AM
Okur's more talented then him.

Okur's also 30 (9 years older than Bynum)

JJ81
08-05-2009, 05:55 AM
Chandler and Okafor I'd put ahead of him.
Bynum is really young though. If he can stay healthy, then in a few years we could be talking him and Howard as a 1-2 in terms of best bigs.

Chandler's almost 27.

thapharcyd
08-05-2009, 06:02 AM
Lets be clear on a few things.

1. Andrew Bynum does not stink.

He averaged 14.7 ppg 8.3 rpg and 1.5 bpg , 56% fg in 50 reg season games played last year. As the 3-4 option on a great team. That speaks for itself really. He had a two week stretch right before he got hurt where he was playing better than any big man in the game. That stretch's high point was a 42 point 15 rebs and 3 blk performance! MBENGA nor 85% of the other bigs in the game could even pull of such a performance

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3936/gamelog;_ylt=AtQj_C92IM0GmKh75CP9XsYhPaB4

2. He is vastly overrated by us Laker fans..That's what we do tho. Its part of the territory

3. The fact that he is so overrated by Laker fans has led to people like yourself to say things such as Bynum Sucks, etc etc. If anyone takes off the hate or love glasses its clear Bynum when healthy is a top 5 center in the game and has a bright future ahead of him. Its just the hype that has caused many to start hating on him, but all the tools are there. His only issue is stating healthy at this point.

And look at his STAGGERING 08-09 Playoff stats:

08-09 LAL
MPG 17.4
FG% 45.7
FT% 65.1
PPG 6.3
REBS 3.7
BLKS 0.9

Wow what a beast :rolleyes: Those stats aren't even that impressive for 17 and half mins a game. Anyways, he has potential. But there are at least 10 better and more talented young big men in the NBA. They have all been listed already.

JJ81
08-05-2009, 06:05 AM
Are you serious? He's already a top 10 center, he just hasn't had a chance due to injuries. You can't call him injury-prone because both of these big injuries were collision injuries or impact injuries, which could have happened to any player in the league. If a player got hit by a car and broke their leg would you call them injury prone? Greg Oden is injury prone, he comes out with a new little injury every week (a bone spur here, a sprained ankle there) - underlying weaknesses which are aggrivated by stress (from playing ball). Bynum has already fully recovered from one knee injury.

Look at Bynum's numbers last season (pre-injury) where he was just 20:

63.6%FGs, 10.2RPG, 2.1BPG, 13.1PPG (Note that at the beginning of that season he wasn't getting much PT, which hurts his "per game" stats).

This season, pre-injury at age 21 (coming off an injury at the beginning of season):

8.2RPG, 14.0PPG and 1.9 BPG. More importantly, look at his numbers in the 5 games leading up to his second injury: 26.2PPG, 13.8RPG, 3.2BPG, 65.3FG% in 13minutes (including a 42 point game).

If I'm not mistaken, Dwight Howard was 20 as a rookie (now 24) and and Bynum at the same age averaged 1.1 more PPG, 0.4 more BPG, 0.2 more rebounds and shooting over 11% better from the field in four less minutes (Bynum has never been more than the 3rd option, other than a few games before he was injured the first time). I'm not saying Bynum is as good as Dwight, nobody thinks that. I'm just trying to show how close they both were at the same age. There's no reason why Bynum couldn't become as good as Howard (other than the fact that he's going to the the 3rd option behind Kobe and Pau on a championship team, whereas Dwight's the number one on his team).

Stats dont completely tell the story of his value to the Lakers. Last season in the finals, the Lakers lacked interior defence and rebounding... what are Bynum's best attributes? Interior defence and rebounding! Just having him there to anchor the defence unbelievable valuable to the Lakers. He's always developing new ways of scoring in the paint (with Kareem being his mentor)(he hasn't started using the skyhook yet, but apparently he is working on it) and he's getting stronger each season.

How can you say he's going to be a nobody when he's playing like this at the age of 20 and 21? Kobe came straight out of highschool too, and didn't have amazing seasons in his first years but now look at him. If Bynum turns out to be half the player Kobe is, he'll be an absolutely fantastic draft pick.

Sure, he may be slightly overrated by some excited Laker fans but that's because his play came out of the blue last season. You can't blame them for being excited about his future - would you be if he was on your team? He's definitely a bright spot in the Lakers future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba0TONz2LXk

CELTICS4LYFE
08-05-2009, 10:29 AM
most talented no....most potential yes

fresh prince
08-05-2009, 05:03 PM
And look at his STAGGERING 08-09 Playoff stats:

08-09 LAL
MPG 17.4
FG% 45.7
FT% 65.1
PPG 6.3
REBS 3.7
BLKS 0.9

Wow what a beast :rolleyes: Those stats aren't even that impressive for 17 and half mins a game. Anyways, he has potential. But there are at least 10 better and more talented young big men in the NBA. They have all been listed already.

HMMM.. So lets use a smaller sample size of games and a decrease in minutes to justify a lack of production?

The Pharcyde would be ashamed of your logic

AFlagRules
08-05-2009, 05:07 PM
What about Andrea Bargnani? Easily a better player..

Jahari Kavi
08-05-2009, 05:18 PM
al jefferson > bynum....nuff said.

Jahari Kavi
08-05-2009, 05:23 PM
jefferson, okafur, aldridge, and maybe a couple of others are all better....Bynum's biggest problem is consistency and staying healthy. He also tends to lose focus at times and can be soft during certain stretches. Needs to work on post up game and becoming a better defensive big man. He has the potential, but so do a lot of players.

skoobiesnax69
08-05-2009, 05:29 PM
i'll throw a different name out there: javalle mcgee

daleja424
08-05-2009, 05:30 PM
:no:

IversonIsKrazy
08-05-2009, 05:32 PM
AL JEFFERSON!!! Aldridge, Okafor, Nene, and Bargnani over Bynum.

LakersSaintsLSU
08-05-2009, 05:37 PM
another bynum thread.........**** yall are in love with the guy

:clap::clap: you right only 21 by the time he's 25 hell be bangin the door down for MVP!!!....24ppg 12rpg 4ast
3 Blks

Verbal Christ
08-05-2009, 05:41 PM
this is the most ridiculously obvious homerism thread ever posted in the history of PSD. LMFAO, the best AFTER Superman??? HAHAHAHA For real? laker fans really think this??? soooo funny, what does bynum average like 7 pts and 3 rebounds, and like 3 fouls within the first 5 minutes?? LOL geez louise some of you laker fan needs to get a grip.

LakersSaintsLSU
08-05-2009, 05:42 PM
What year are we talking about? 2006? 2007? 2008? 2009?

We been listening to that BS for how long now. He's the next Hakeem/Shaq/Kareem/Ewing/Wilt all in one.

:clap: im gonna love it when you become a "Witness":smoking:

LakersSaintsLSU
08-05-2009, 05:47 PM
:no:

yea so i guess lamar's gonna love living in miami right?.....thats cool because he wont be playing there:laugh:

daleja424
08-05-2009, 05:49 PM
ROFL at Lakers fans. So predictable. I don't know how they don't have 100 Championships yet?They are clearly the answer to every NBA question... :laugh:

Hawkeye15
08-05-2009, 06:29 PM
If Jefferson played behind Kobe, Gasol, Odom, he'd have 12 pt's a game.

??????? Al Jefferson is a better offensive player than Pau Gasol. In fact, he is probably a better player period.

Bullsfan22
08-05-2009, 06:33 PM
Dp

Bullsfan22
08-05-2009, 06:36 PM
I'd take lopez over him everyday of the week. Bynum has to play well a whole season before I can come to the comclusion that he's the second most talented in the nba.

AFlagRules
08-05-2009, 06:49 PM
Bynum is going to be pretty good in the future..I can see him being exactly like a Jermaine O'Neal...

kobe24>lebron23
08-05-2009, 06:52 PM
yes he is and people who say he isnt are blind

Hawkeye15
08-05-2009, 06:54 PM
yes he is and people who say he isnt are blind

or they actually watch the other 29 teams in the league. And not just when the Lakers play them, like many of you

kobe24>lebron23
08-05-2009, 06:54 PM
bynum is 21 he could still be in college so yes he is the most talented and most importantly he's only 21! people who say al is better are clearly wrong al does not play defense

kobe24>lebron23
08-05-2009, 06:56 PM
or they actually watch the other 29 teams in the league. And not just when the Lakers play them, like many of you

i watch other games too especially when they are nationally televised the only player(s) that really may have something on bynum is dwight and yao ming thats it bro nobody has as much potential as bynum! oh and just remember that he was the one who dominated duncan and amare when they played

Hawkeye15
08-05-2009, 06:58 PM
bynum is 21 he could still be in college so yes he is the most talented and most importantly he's only 21! people who say al is better are clearly wrong al does not play defense

Al goes for 23/11/2. He is 24. It is a joke to even bring Bynum up against him at this point. Al has the best low post game in the entire NBA.
Seriously dude, c'mon.

Hawkeye15
08-05-2009, 06:58 PM
i watch other games too especially when they are nationally televised the only player(s) that really may have something on bynum is dwight and yao ming thats it bro nobody has as much potential as bynum! oh and just remember that he was the one who dominated duncan and amare when they played

Al Jefferson averages around 30/13 against Amare. And that may be selling him short without looking.

GeneWaldron#5
08-05-2009, 06:59 PM
Bynum could well become a top notch centre in the NBA but he still has a long way to go and has got to stay injury free. Have to say at the minute I'd take a number of young bigs over him with Al Jefferson probably at the top of the list.

Hawkeye15
08-05-2009, 07:01 PM
Let me put it this way. If the Wolves called up the Lakers, and said, "we will give you Al Jefferson for Bynum", the Lakers would jizz themselves, and everyone would call the Memphis deal not bad. If the Lakers called up the Wolves, and said, "we will give you Bynum for Al Jefferson", they would be hung up on, if Kahn could actually put the phone back on the receiver while laughing so hard.

kobe24>lebron23
08-05-2009, 07:05 PM
??????? Al Jefferson is a better offensive player than Pau Gasol. In fact, he is probably a better player period.

you my enemy friend should just be banned for saying something that ridiculous

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-05-2009, 07:06 PM
bynums doodoo!! Nene will giv that ***** tha bang outzzz!!!!

kobe24>lebron23
08-05-2009, 07:08 PM
Al goes for 23/11/2. He is 24. It is a joke to even bring Bynum up against him at this point. Al has the best low post game in the entire NBA.
Seriously dude, c'mon.

dude if he wasn't the lakers third or fourth option he would probably be averaging the same numbers and then some. keep in mind kobe not injuring him

kobe24>lebron23
08-05-2009, 07:10 PM
bynums doodoo!! Nene will giv that ***** tha bang outzzz!!!!

nene hahaha how old is he 30 lol come one man when healthy bynum would ball nene up blindfolded

Raps18-19 Champ
08-05-2009, 07:10 PM
I can't believe people actually think Bynum is better than Jefferson.

I bet you every team would choose Jefferson over Bynum.

kobe24>lebron23
08-05-2009, 07:16 PM
as of now al is better then bynum but what i'm saying is that bynum by the age of 24 will be killing the league if he stays healthy

Illuminati999
08-05-2009, 07:21 PM
Are you serious? He's already a top 10 center, he just hasn't had a chance due to injuries. You can't call him injury-prone because both of these big injuries were collision injuries or impact injuries, which could have happened to any player in the league. If a player got hit by a car and broke their leg would you call them injury prone? Greg Oden is injury prone, he comes out with a new little injury every week (a bone spur here, a sprained ankle there) - underlying weaknesses which are aggrivated by stress (from playing ball). Bynum has already fully recovered from one knee injury.

Look at Bynum's numbers last season (pre-injury) where he was just 20:

63.6%FGs, 10.2RPG, 2.1BPG, 13.1PPG (Note that at the beginning of that season he wasn't getting much PT, which hurts his "per game" stats).

This season, pre-injury at age 21 (coming off an injury at the beginning of season):

8.2RPG, 14.0PPG and 1.9 BPG. More importantly, look at his numbers in the 5 games leading up to his second injury: 26.2PPG, 13.8RPG, 3.2BPG, 65.3FG% in 13minutes (including a 42 point game).

If I'm not mistaken, Dwight Howard was 20 as a rookie (now 24) and and Bynum at the same age averaged 1.1 more PPG, 0.4 more BPG, 0.2 more rebounds and shooting over 11% better from the field in four less minutes (Bynum has never been more than the 3rd option, other than a few games before he was injured the first time). I'm not saying Bynum is as good as Dwight, nobody thinks that. I'm just trying to show how close they both were at the same age. There's no reason why Bynum couldn't become as good as Howard (other than the fact that he's going to the the 3rd option behind Kobe and Pau on a championship team, whereas Dwight's the number one on his team).

Stats dont completely tell the story of his value to the Lakers. Last season in the finals, the Lakers lacked interior defence and rebounding... what are Bynum's best attributes? Interior defence and rebounding! Just having him there to anchor the defence unbelievable valuable to the Lakers. He's always developing new ways of scoring in the paint (with Kareem being his mentor)(he hasn't started using the skyhook yet, but apparently he is working on it) and he's getting stronger each season.

How can you say he's going to be a nobody when he's playing like this at the age of 20 and 21? Kobe came straight out of highschool too, and didn't have amazing seasons in his first years but now look at him. If Bynum turns out to be half the player Kobe is, he'll be an absolutely fantastic draft pick.

Sure, he may be slightly overrated by some excited Laker fans but that's because his play came out of the blue last season. You can't blame them for being excited about his future - would you be if he was on your team? He's definitely a bright spot in the Lakers future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba0TONz2LXk

If the player got ran over 2 times 1 year apart, I would say he needs to use a white cane when crossing the street.

kobe24>lebron23
08-05-2009, 07:27 PM
this is what happened to me when kobe scored 81 points and 61 against the knicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20HTTZWQJSA

Kobe4Life
08-05-2009, 07:30 PM
Bynum is the man, had some injuries but he will always be in the teens in points / rebounds. Don't even compare him to Jefferson he doesn't need to score like him, if u didnt notice Bynum is on the lakers. Lol if you stuck bynum on minnesota or milawaukee he would be the lead scorer on the team, dont bs yourself the kid is amazing. Again stop comparing him to people 5+ years older than him. Thank goodness half of you on this website arn't journalists your points are just wow.

kobe24>lebron23
08-05-2009, 07:31 PM
hahaha ! like kevin garnett anything is possible lmao!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QwM4vXex7c&feature=channel

from 211 to 216 it's so funny

kobe24>lebron23
08-05-2009, 07:32 PM
Bynum is the man, had some injuries but he will always be in the teens in points / rebounds. Don't even compare him to Jefferson he doesn't need to score like him, if u didnt notice Bynum is on the lakers. Lol if you stuck bynum on minnesota or milawaukee he would be the lead scorer on the team, dont bs yourself the kid is amazing. Again stop comparing him to people 5+ years older than him. Thank goodness half of you on this website arn't journalists your points are just wow.

exactly thats my point

Beno7500
08-05-2009, 07:36 PM
Plenty more talented names

rainbowcow1
08-05-2009, 07:41 PM
bynum is not even close

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-05-2009, 07:42 PM
nene hahaha how old is he 30 lol come one man when healthy bynum would ball nene up blindfolded

Bynums never healthy so I guess we'll never find out... and Nene is 26 bruh!

jakesmail123
08-05-2009, 07:49 PM
Who ever voted yes....That's just sad :pity:

it is sad. you have to hope that its only bias laker fans

Raps18-19 Champ
08-05-2009, 07:49 PM
I don't think anyone would take Bynum over Jefferson.

AFlagRules
08-05-2009, 08:03 PM
I would choose Bynum over Jefferson, doesn't mean Bynum is worse. It just means I want someone who will play some defense, be a bigger presence in the middle and not to have just had a major surgery :)

Raps18-19 Champ
08-05-2009, 08:07 PM
I would choose Bynum over Jefferson, doesn't mean Bynum is worse. It just means I want someone who will play some defense, be a bigger presence in the middle and not to have just had a major surgery :)

Jefferson plays defense, and Bynum has had a major surgery.

KB24>MJ23
08-05-2009, 08:25 PM
i just hope bynum doesn't get injured again. or it's curtains for the lakersssss!

Raps18-19 Champ
08-05-2009, 08:26 PM
Who cares if he just had major surgery?

Jefferson is still better.

SeoulBeatz
08-05-2009, 08:45 PM
I don't think anyone would take Bynum over Jefferson.

EXACTLY

ive seen both players play extensively and Jefferson is a waaay more dominant offensive force in the paint.

Lakers fans drool about Bynums footwork and post moves but i havent seen it.

I see flashes of brilliance (like a smooth hook or a great put back dunk), yet i also see clunky and unsure movement in the post, offensive fouls, and poor decisions with the ball.

Id take Jefferson over bynum in a heartbeat.

and its not cus im a laker hater, i actually was happy u guys won the finals, but this bynum b.s is ridiculous.

AFlagRules
08-05-2009, 08:54 PM
Bynum has had 2 major injuries, wow..

GodsSon
08-05-2009, 09:03 PM
Bargnani > Bynum...lol im recreating the firestorm that stemmed from my thread a few months back

IBleedPurple
08-05-2009, 09:10 PM

He is 26, and....

'09 Playoffs
Bynum-6.3 ppg, 3.7 reb, .4 ast, 45% FG, +7.22 EFF
Nene-11.5 ppg, 7.5 reb, 2.6 ast, 54% FG, +16.50 EFF

:eyebrow:

Iron24th
08-05-2009, 09:16 PM
He is 26, and....

'09 Playoffs

Nene hasn't Kobe , Pau and L.O on his team :eyebrow:

Robbw241
08-05-2009, 09:43 PM
Brook Lopez has more IMO

IBleedPurple
08-05-2009, 09:48 PM

Bynum hasn't Melo, Billups, JR Smith, and KMart on his team. Kobe/Pau/LO doesn't mean he can't get more than 6.3 pts & 3.7 rebounds a game. He just doesn't work hard enough. I bet Kobe, Pau, & LO are the reason why Bynum was in Phil's doghouse most of the playoffs too?

But when I posted, I was expecting a flood of poor excuses from Laker fans. Congrats on the first.

DODGERS&LAKERS
08-05-2009, 09:51 PM
He is 26, and....

'09 Playoffs

Thats a dumb way to compare players. Should I use Bynums stats in 08 before he got injured and put them against Nenes when he was just coming back from an injury? Bynum rushed back to play in the playoffs before he was ready. He just wanted to help the team. And judging by who was holding the trophy at the end, I would say he did just a good enough job.

P.S. Bynum is way to big for Nene. Bynum just backed that guy down and shot a turn around hook right over him. It seemed as if Bynum was practicing his post moves against his coach or one of his guards at half speed. Bynum is too big and long for Nene. The Nuggets would trade Nene for Bynum in a heartbeat

DODGERS&LAKERS
08-05-2009, 09:59 PM
Double post

Hawkeye15
08-05-2009, 10:28 PM
you my enemy friend should just be banned for saying something that ridiculous

I should be banned for saying that Al Jefferson is better than Pau Gasol maybe?? Ok.
Make me the argument then. Al has better numbers, by far, for scoring and rebounding. Even when Pau was lead dog of a crappy team, his numbers didn't approach Big Al's.

enitialdee
08-05-2009, 10:36 PM
I voted HELL NO! I hate it when laker homers always bring up the injury excuse for that bum. Well, If he was 100% healthy he'll most likely foul out faster. I can't wait till kobe hand bynum the keys to the franchise, those are going to be sad days in la la land.

Vinsane#15
08-05-2009, 10:42 PM
To say Lopez isn't ahead of Bynum is rubbish. Lopez has the potential to be an elite big in this league.

JJ81
08-05-2009, 10:52 PM
i just hope bynum doesn't get injured again. or it's curtains for the lakersssss!

It's not curtains for the Lakers. They got to the finals without him and then they won the championship when he's playing off an injury. I hope he doesn't get injured again or it's curtains for his legacy.

JJ81
08-05-2009, 10:52 PM

:speechless:

JJ81
08-05-2009, 10:53 PM
You need to ignore the 09 playoffs. He was coming off a major injury which he hadn't fully recovered from. Just reserve judgement until next year.

GodsSon
08-05-2009, 11:48 PM
^ Laker fans said that last summer, and look what happened...he got hurt again

Chronz
08-05-2009, 11:58 PM
I should be banned for saying that Al Jefferson is better than Pau Gasol maybe?? Ok.
Make me the argument then. Al has better numbers, by far, for scoring and rebounding. Even when Pau was lead dog of a crappy team, his numbers didn't approach Big Al's.
What do you mean by far? Are you completely ignoring the art of passing? Its a good comparison but I dont see how you could say hes the better offensive player.

INeedMyJays
08-06-2009, 12:05 AM
When you come to a team that expects you to become the next Shaq, that's some big pressure for a young kid to handle. Not to mention he's been injured a alot. There are many more talented young big men than Bynum such as Jefferson.

the 1 and only!
08-06-2009, 12:22 AM
lol..at all this al jefferson talk...the last time these 2 faced off was back in minnesota, and let me tell ya'll jefferson looked out of his league, as bynum just dominated him....so yes, when bynum is healthy he's the 2nd most talented young center in the league..thats of course if you put howard as #1, i'm just not sure you could really consider athleticism as talent(but whatever)..bynum has better foot work and therefor better post moves, which = better offense(he also has a better mid range to short range game)....howard has athleticism(again not sure if you could consider it talent) and defense on bynum,....the only question would be if bynum could stay healthy this season, and thats a big IF, so he could prove his talents...

GodsSon
08-06-2009, 12:26 AM
^ lol are you actually trying to make an argument that Bynum COULD be better then Dwight if he stayed healthy?...not to put down your opinion, but its posts like that which get people to really oppose laker fans on this topic, which im assuming you are

MaHaRaJaH
08-06-2009, 12:27 AM

Lmao, every team's golden child.

the 1 and only!
08-06-2009, 12:35 AM
Thats a dumb way to compare players. Should I use Bynums stats in 08 before he got injured and put them against Nenes when he was just coming back from an injury? Bynum rushed back to play in the playoffs before he was ready. He just wanted to help the team. And judging by who was holding the trophy at the end, I would say he did just a good enough job.

P.S. Bynum is way to big for Nene. Bynum just backed that guy down and shot a turn around hook right over him. It seemed as if Bynum was practicing his post moves against his coach or one of his guards at half speed. Bynum is too big and long for Nene. The Nuggets would trade Nene for Bynum in a heartbeat

that could go for pretty much every center in the league when he's healthy.....as matter of fact thats exactly how al jefferson looks against bynum(it looks like bynum is just practicing his moves against him sometimes...)

Tmo440
08-06-2009, 12:36 AM
yea i agree with al jefferson

goku
08-06-2009, 12:41 AM
laker fans must masturbate to bynums poster every night praying he's the next kareem

Raps18-19 Champ
08-06-2009, 12:48 AM
What do you mean by far? Are you completely ignoring the art of passing? Its a good comparison but I dont see how you could say hes the better offensive player.

Jefferson is way better in the post. Jefferson is probably at the top of the list for guys in the post.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-06-2009, 12:50 AM

Carmelo, Smith and Billups score can more than those 3.

the 1 and only!
08-06-2009, 12:50 AM
^ lol are you actually trying to make an argument that Bynum COULD be better then Dwight if he stayed healthy?...not to put down your opinion, but its posts like that which get people to really oppose laker fans on this topic, which im assuming you are

that exactly what i'm saying....my belief is that defense, and rebounding are easier to learn through out a players career than a good post game and great footwork, therefor their is a case that in a couple years bynum would be a more complete player than howard....

i'm an nba fan....and for the record i believe laker fans would have a better opinion on this subject, since they see him play and know what the guy is capable of...

Chronz
08-06-2009, 12:53 AM
Jefferson is way better in the post. Jefferson is probably at the top of the list for guys in the post.

uh huh, what are you getting at?

Raps18-19 Champ
08-06-2009, 12:54 AM
that exactly what i'm saying....my belief is that defense, and rebounding are easier to learn through out a players career than a good post game and great footwork, therefor their is a case that in a couple years bynum would be a more complete player than howard....

i'm an nba fan....and for the record i believe laker fans would have a better opinion on this subject, since they see him play and know what the guy is capable of...

Not really. How do we know they aren't just BSing and just trying to make Bynum better than he is?

People always say that the fans who watch that player know him bet but if I say something like Bargnani being better than Bynum, I get called dumbass and if I say Jefferson is better than Bynum, I still get called a dumbass. Either way, you need a 3rd party in this who isn't a fan of either team.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-06-2009, 12:55 AM
uh huh, what are you getting at?

You were saying Gasol was a better offensive player.

the 1 and only!
08-06-2009, 12:56 AM
laker fans must masturbate to bynums poster every night praying he's the next kareem

:pity:

thats why lakers fans rip you guys a new *******...:smoking:

Fly-Eagles-Fly
08-06-2009, 12:58 AM
I'll take Oden over Bynum he is stronger and dosen't have the players around him like Bynum and puts up similar numbers.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-06-2009, 01:02 AM
:pity:

thats why lakers fans rip you guys a new *******...:smoking:

I think that was also uncalled for but I agree with why he did it.

Lakers fans really over rate him so much that it isn't even funny.

the 1 and only!
08-06-2009, 01:07 AM
[QUOTE]Not really. How do we know they aren't just BSing and just trying to make Bynum better than he is?

why on earth would they wan't to do that?

People always say that the fans who watch that player know him bet but if I say something like Bargnani being better than Bynum, I get called dumbass and if I say Jefferson is better than Bynum, I still get called a dumbass.

well how bout if your going to post **** about other players actually make sense and know what your talking about.

the 1 and only!
08-06-2009, 01:09 AM
^ by the way im not saying that you talk **** cause i dont know you.....i'm talking in general

the 1 and only!
08-06-2009, 01:10 AM
I'll take Oden over Bynum he is stronger and dosen't have the players around him like Bynum and puts up similar numbers.

that should actually work in oden's favor when it comes to putting up numbers...

Raps18-19 Champ
08-06-2009, 01:12 AM
why on earth would they wan't to do that?

well how bout if your going to post **** about other players actually make sense and know what your talking about.

To make Bynum look better even though he can't even match Jefferson.

So I am posting **** for saying Jefferson is better than Bynum?

You're the one saying Bynum is better than Jefferson and can be better than Howard. I don't have to watch Wolves games or Lakers games to know that Jefferson is better. It's called common sense.

the 1 and only!
08-06-2009, 01:19 AM
To make Bynum look better even though he can't even match Jefferson.

So I am posting **** for saying Jefferson is better than Bynum?

You're the one saying Bynum is better than Jefferson and can be better than Howard. I don't have to watch Wolves games or Lakers games to know that Jefferson is better. It's called common sense.

bynum when healthy is better than jefferson.....isn't the argument you guys make of lebron being a better player than kobe based on lebron's athleticism and body, well this is pretty much the same, they are both skilled but bynum is just badder and bigger than jefferson....jefferson looks like a kid playing against bynum......

by the way not saying that lebron is bigger and badder than kobe......kobe is a bad man....

Raps18-19 Champ
08-06-2009, 01:23 AM
bynum when healthy is better than jefferson.....isn't the argument you guys make of lebron being a better player than kobe based on lebron's athleticism and body, well this is pretty much the same, they are both skilled but bynum is just badder and bigger than jefferson....jefferson looks like a kid playing against bynum......

But Lebron is there every game.

You can't really say that Bynum is better than Jefferson when healthy when we haven't seen Bynum play a whole season at that level. How do we know that Bynums 14 and 10 in 50 season will continue at that pace in 80 games.

You can say that Bynum has the talent to be better but no way can you give the hypothetical question that if Bynum was healthy.

_KB24_
08-06-2009, 01:31 AM
^^ Stop arguing kid. Bynum is nowhere close to Jeffersons game right now.

Kings Faithful
08-06-2009, 01:31 AM
A Joke + Fail = This thread.

The notion that Bynum is anywhere close to Al Jefferson = Super Fail.

the 1 and only!
08-06-2009, 01:32 AM
But Lebron is there every game.

You can't really say that Bynum is better than Jefferson when healthy when we haven't seen Bynum play a whole season at that level. How do we know that Bynums 14 and 10 in 50 season will continue at that pace in 80 games.

You can say that Bynum has the talent to be better but no way can you give the hypothetical question that if Bynum was healthy.

its easy to say, when the guy your talking about has the work ethic to get better....bynum had great spurts through out his last 2 seasons, and showed glimpses of a dominent center..unfortunetely for him he had 2 freak accidents , but showed me and others that he has what it takes to be an all-star center when healthy...

Kings Faithful
08-06-2009, 01:34 AM

by the way not saying that lebron is bigger and badder than kobe......kobe is a bad man....

Bynum is a twig compared to Jefferson. A twig with injury problems and the ability to disappear from the court at any time.

the 1 and only!
08-06-2009, 01:34 AM
^^ Stop arguing kid. Bynum is nowhere close to Jeffersons game right now.

says you...

Raps18-19 Champ
08-06-2009, 01:37 AM
its easy to say, when the guy your talking about has the work ethic to get better....bynum had great spurts through out his last 2 seasons, and showed glimpses of a dominent center..unfortunetely for him he had 2 freak accidents , but showed me and others that he has what it takes to be an all-star center when healthy...

Over half of Jermaine's injuries are because of another player. It isn't like he gets injured because he just does but because of his play on the court. Players are always banging up with him and thats where his injuries came from.

He got injured twice on the Raptors because of another player. Yet people call him washed up.

Jermaine has the work ethic to get better. He works out 5 times a week during the offseason. Most players relax and he is in the gym working his *** off.

We already know Jermaine has the talent.

He is no different from Bynum but people say Bynum is way better than O'neal at the moment.

rocky4104
08-06-2009, 01:37 AM
any big man that plays alongside kobe will look good

not saying that the kid has no talent - i think al jeff is better though

D-Will4Prez
08-06-2009, 01:39 AM
******* No.

the 1 and only!
08-06-2009, 01:43 AM
Over half of Jermaine's injuries are because of another player. It isn't like he gets injured because he just does but because of his play on the court. Players are always banging up with him and thats where his injuries came from.

He got injured twice on the Raptors because of another player. Yet people call him washed up.

Jermaine has the work ethic to get better. He works out 5 times a week during the offseason. Most players relax and he is in the gym working his *** off.

We already know Jermaine has the talent.

He is no different from Bynum but people say Bynum is way better than O'neal at the moment.

jermaine is the epidimy of injury prone(he has showen that through out his career) so i can't really compare a 21 year old bynum to him...anyways lets live this 4 another day...gotta go..

Raps18-19 Champ
08-06-2009, 01:45 AM
jermaine is the epidimy of injury prone(he has showen that through out his career) so i can't really compare a 21 year old bynum to him...anyways lets live this 4 another day...gotta go..

You were just saying tha Bynum isn't injury prone because someone hit him twice but most injuries are because of another player.

Chronz
08-06-2009, 02:01 AM
You were saying Gasol was a better offensive player.
Yea where in that does it say I think he has a better set of post moves? Hes a better offensive player

Teeboy1487
08-06-2009, 02:41 AM
This thread is still active :eyebrow:. All I am going to say is that Bynum is not as bad as you guys say he is. Here is my quick assessment of Bynum. Offensively, He has polished post moves and great footwork, but his passing skills are not up to par yet. He is an excellent offensive rebounder. Also, Bynum has a superb hook shot, but Bynum's shot selection can be bad at times and it hampers the offense some. He runs the floor extremely well, but he rushes often drawing offensive fouls especially on his post moves. Defensively, Bynum can be good when he puts his mind to it. He is a good shot blocker, but not great. His defensive rebounding is average. He is a good defender and he alters a lot of shots. He makes his presence felt in the paint. However, he is very foul prone. This is probably the biggest problem in his game. When he is in foul trouble, he is not a very effective player. As you all know, staying healthy has been a huge problem with Bynum. He has to stay healthy or he will never realize his true potential. Right now, he is no where near Dwight Howard. Jefferson, Okafor, Nene, and Biedrins all are better than Bynum right now due to the fact that they are proven. Bynum has to prove he can endure the full 82 game season and playoffs. I do think the lakers broke the bank on him way too early. He should not be getting as much money as Chris Paul. That is absurd considering he has not played a full season yet in his career. The sky is the limit on Bynum's potential, but he has to prove he can stay healthy.

Zefflin
08-06-2009, 02:45 AM
He has to stay healthy or he will never realize his true potential. Right now, he is no where near Dwight Howard. Jefferson, Okafor, Nene, and Biedrins all are better than Bynum right now due to the fact that they are proven. Bynum has to prove he can endure the full 82 game season and playoffs. I do think the lakers broke the bank on him way too early. He should not be getting as much money as Chris Paul. That is absurd considering he has not played a full season yet in his career. The sky is the limit on Bynum's potential, but he has to prove he can stay healthy.

Great post.

limebalz05
08-06-2009, 10:13 AM
I'd like to see how Oden does this season. At the USA basketball practices, Oden was the most dominate player out there. Oden has less than 50 games under his belt. Lets see how he does in 2010!

GAWDtv
08-06-2009, 10:24 AM
Andrew Bynum is a beast. He is still young and only getting better. Hakeem has him under his wing so Bynum is on the path to glory. HE'S 22:speechless:
It takes like 7 years for Big's to acclimate (Howard was a freak with his body) and Bynum is going into year 5.

Nene, love him, will not have the career Bynum has. Al Jefferson has game but he won't be as good as Bynum.

AntwanN21
08-06-2009, 10:37 AM
im pretty sue this goes to Al Jefferson........ the kid is just a beast

nycericanguy
08-06-2009, 10:42 AM
Bynum hasnt done much to merit that huge contract he got or to even be in the same sentence as DH.

TALENT & POTENTIAL are useless if you're always hurt or underperforming. Talent wise Eddy Curry is right up there with almost every center... you see, that means nothing until you actually make something of it.

Hawkeye15
08-06-2009, 12:12 PM

He has a better offensive skillset scoring the ball. His passing is not that great, however, the Wolves were not the best at allowing him to grow in that regard. And with the Lakers, he wouldn't see double and triple teams everytime down the floor, so that would be even more of a nonfactor.
Simply put, Jefferson is a better, and more efficient scorer, than Pau ever was in the same situation.