PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Mavs won't match Wolves' offer sheet for Hollins

B.JenningsMVP
08-04-2009, 04:09 PM
http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/art_garcia/08/03/wolves.hollins/index.html

Ryan Hollins won't have to wait a week to learn his status for next season. He'll be playing for the Timberwolves.

The Mavericks aren't matching the Minnesota offer sheet signed by restricted free agent center on Monday. Hollins, an athletic 7-footer heading into his fourth season, is receiving a three-year contract for $7 million, according to league sources.

"He's free," Mavericks general manager Donnie Nelson wrote in a text message to NBA.com.

Dallas was entitled seven days to decide whether to match the offer sheet and keep Hollins, but the team has already moved on. Mavericks owner Mark Cuban has already wished Hollins well via his Twitter account.

Dallas doesn't have much need for Hollins after signing Drew Gooden last week. Gooden is expected to back up both center Erick Dampier and power forward Dirk Nowitzki.

Hollins, a second-round pick by Charlotte in 2006, joins a Minnesota frontline that includes Al Jefferson and Kevin Love. Hollins has averaged 2.7 points and 1.8 rebounds during his three-year career with the Bobcats and Mavericks. He was particularly effective in limited minutes against San Antonio in the Mavs' first-round series win."

"We are excited about the opportunity to have Ryan Hollins on our team," Wolves president David Kahn said in a release announcing the offer sheet. "He is a lengthy, athletic center, with a lot of upside, who should complement Al and Kevin really well. We've had our eye on him the past several weeks and we are optimistic we can acquire him through this process."

theuuord
08-04-2009, 04:11 PM
Well that's it everybody. Season's over. Wolves got this one locked up.

zambo4president
08-04-2009, 04:39 PM
Ryan "Holidae Inn" Hollins is exactly the type of player i would build a team around...in an adult league.

GeorgeMcCloud21
08-05-2009, 10:42 PM
sad sad sad Hollins is a beast

Method28
08-05-2009, 10:50 PM
sad sad sad Hollins is a beast

Ok you're either George McCloud himself...or like 45 years old

JayW_1023
08-06-2009, 03:03 AM
Hollins is a poor mans Tyson Chandler...not sure how much he'll help. I'm more intruiged about what happens to Rubio (who, as I just noticed sorta looks like a Muppet).