PDA

View Full Version : *2003 nba draft remix* slam online

B.JenningsMVP
08-03-2009, 09:06 PM
http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2009/07/2003-nba-draft-remix/

2003 NBA Draft

Grade: A+

All-Stars: 7 (LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, Chris Bosh, Dwyane Wade, David West, Josh Howard, Mo Williams)
Biggest Bust: Darko Milicic, Detroit, pick No. 2
Second Round Steal: Mo Williams, Utah, pick No. 47
Winning Team (in the long run): Cleveland (LeBron James, Mo Williams)
Career Scoring Leader: LeBron James
Career Rebounding Leader: Chris Bosh
Career Assists Leader: LeBron James

Pick No. 1 | Cleveland Cavaliers
Actual Selection: LeBron James
Draft 365 Remix: LeBron James (1)

No second guessing here ó James has exceeded any reasonable expectations the Cavs and their fans could have had for him coming out of high school. Heís become probably the most dominant all-around player in the League, and, as sacrilegious as it is to say, is on pace to challenge Michael Jordan as the best player to ever play the game.

Pick No. 2 | Detroit Pistons
Actual Selection: Darko Milicic
Draft 365 Remix: Dwyane Wade (5)

While LeBron is still the King of this draft, it isnít a landslide victory for him. Dwyane Wade is also on the fast track to the Hall of Fame. And, perhaps most importantly, while the King may still have the crown, Wade has a piece of jewelry glaringly absent from Jamesí wardrobe.

Pick No. 3 | Denver Nuggets
Actual Selection: Carmelo Anthony
Draft 365 Remix: Carmelo Anthony (3)

Pretty much a toss-up here between Carmelo Anthony and Chris Bosh. Anthony wins by a nose due to his multiple All-NBA selections. With Chauncey Billups on board, Melo has his best shot at a title.

Pick No. 4 | Toronto Raptors
Actual Selection: Chris Bosh
Draft 365 Remix: Chris Bosh (4)

The skinny, Snoop Dogg lookalike out of Georgia Tech turned out to be a godsend for the Raptors after Air Canada crashed and burned. With his impending free agency looming, the Raptors need to decide if he is a player they can build a championship around or if he is better suited to be the second-in-command on a team (more likely the latter).

Pick No. 5 | Miami Heat
Actual Selection: Dwyane Wade
Draft 365 Remix: David West (18)

Itís not surprising that David West lasted until the middle part of the first round in 2003 ó he was an undersized power forward that didnít play in one of the power conferences in college. He has blossomed into a two-time All-Star and perhaps the best undersized 4-man in the League.

Pick No. 6 | Los Angeles Clippers
Actual Selection: Chris Kaman
Draft 365 Remix: Josh Howard (29)

One of the many mid to late first round steals in this draft, Josh Howard is the perfect second option for a team, if you ignore the off-court headaches he causes.

Pick No. 7 | Chicago Bulls
Actual Selection: Kirk Hinrich
Draft 365 Remix: Mo Williams (47)

The absolute steal of the draft, Mo Williams had himself an All-Star year last season in his role as LeBronís vice president. Too bad his playoff performance (on the court and with his mouth) has taken some of the lustre off of his golden season.

Pick No. 8 | Milwaukee Bucks
Actual Selection: T.J. Ford
Draft 365 Remix: Kirk Hinrich (7)

His play the past two seasons has been abysmal, but before that Kirk Hinrich was one of the best both-ends-of-the-court point guards in the NBA.

Pick No. 9 | New York Knicks
Actual Selection: Michael Sweetney
Draft 365 Remix: T.J. Ford (8)

And the Knicks slide into oblivion begins. T.J. Ford may have had an injury plagued career thus far, but, unlike Michael Sweetney, heís still pulling down a NBA paycheck.

Pick No. 10 | Washington Wizards
Actual Selection: Jarvis Hayes
Draft 365 Remix: Leandro Barbosa (28)

Maybe he hasnít developed into the point guard the Suns were hoping for, but Leandro Barbosa is the Leagueís fastest player and one of its most explosive scorers of the bench.

Barely missed the Top 10 Remix: Boris Diaw, Chris Kaman, Travis Outlaw, Kyle Korver.

JWO35
08-03-2009, 11:45 PM
WOW!

If Dwyane Wade played for the Pistons :drool:

STAT1
08-04-2009, 12:12 AM
i hate how it says the winning team (in the long run) i feel like they did that just so the cavs win something and so they can blow le*****s dick. the suns had a good draft getting Barbs and Boris.

GoatMilk
08-04-2009, 12:20 AM
i hate how it says the winning team (in the long run) i feel like they did that just so the cavs win something and so they can blow le*****s dick. the suns had a good draft getting Barbs and Boris.

they didnt draft boris, he came in the joe johnson trade

b_rad23
08-04-2009, 12:27 AM
I'd take Kaman over Barbosa...

DQL
08-04-2009, 04:04 AM
The Heat would take Kaman over West. Kaman would have made a couple all-star games if he played with Chris Paul. Remember Riley was about to take Kaman over Wade

if I were the Bulls I'd still have taken Hinrich. Mo has overachieved last year and suddenly became better than Kirk?

todu82
08-04-2009, 04:48 AM
Dwayne Wade on the Pistons? That would have guaranteed the Pistons at least 1 or 2 more titles this decade.

bigsams50
08-04-2009, 08:21 AM
wade wit pistons would be epic

S-Dot
08-04-2009, 08:49 AM
Dwayne Wade on the Pistons? That would have guaranteed the Pistons at least 1 or 2 more titles this decade.

I think Melo would have too.

J_M_B
08-04-2009, 11:52 AM
Wow imagine if Dwyane Wade or Carmelo Anthony were drafted by the Pistons. They would've won another 2 or 3 rings this decade. Chauncey, Dwyane, Prince, Rasheed, Ben Wallace, and Richard Hamilton that would've been a fun team to watch.