PDA

View Full Version : Western Conf Finals Lakers & Dallas

kobe8titles24
08-03-2009, 07:54 PM
At this point in the Western Conference I feel that the two teams that really cannot be stopped would be The Lakers and The Mavericks. I know people are going to say well what about San Antonio & Portland and even Denver and I have a couple of reasons for saying Lakers and Dallas and here they are. Well the lakers are obviously the defending champions and with the combined defense of Ron Artest & Kobe Bryant and the post of Bynum & Gasol not to mention Lamar Odom return and the offensive firepower coming from Kobe,Bynum,Gasol,Artest,Odom & The bench as a unit this team is very dangerous and will be very hard to score on and to defend against with so many threats...even without Bynum we have seen the Lakers win over 60 games. Also when you have Kobe Bryant who is the best leader and ball player in the league(not lebron james)proven when orlando did work on him...)Now Dallas has the same weapons as last year and did knock off the spurs even with injuries from the spurs they are still a force and excuses should not be made. Now with the addition of Shawn Marion,Drew Gooden & Tim Thomas they have a proven all star and 3 point shooter in Shawn Marion and a nice offensive and defensive threat in drew gooden and a clutch shooter and veteran in Tim Thomas. Shawn Marion to me is the biggest acquistion because at times the mavs could go with Kidd...Nowitzki...dampier...howard and whoever at guard but at other times could run like a phoenix suns mindset with kidd..terry..marion..nowitzki and perhaps someone like Drew Goooden or Tim Thomas at the power forward and go small. They have a bunch of all stars and proven leaders with kidd and nowitzki and the mavs usually stay healthy not to mention shuffling different mindsets like running or balanced attacks with guys like josh howard and shawn marion i dont see how an older san antonio team with the same attack and the loss of bruce bowen or a young portland team who needs to adjust to andre miller and see how greg oden pans out or denver who proved inconsistent at times could defeat Dallas. Also Quinton Ross another nice solid defender has been added. The Lakers and Mavericks may just be the two obvious choices to route the whole western Conference....Any thoughts?>

FaceDown91
08-03-2009, 07:58 PM
whats with these random new posters that come in here and just list their favorite teams as unstoppable in a freaking nba forum.

kobe8titles24
08-03-2009, 08:03 PM
First of all it was just a thought that i figured we can all discuss and i listed alot of reasons I didnt just say a bunch of nonsense...I hate Dallas but I have noticed they have been loading up and I assume people wouldnt be rude and would have some good points and discussions to bring up...what are you a magic fan? maybe will eliminate you again next year and andrew bynum will spit in dwights face homie =D

Jumba
08-03-2009, 08:05 PM
He'll get support, More Laker fans here then anything else. As far as anyone is concerned this is carved in stone. No need to play next year western conference teams. Its been decided., thank you kobe8titles24. For enlightening us all.

kobe8titles24
08-03-2009, 08:07 PM
He'll get support, More Laker fans here then anything else. As far as anyone is concerned this is carved in stone. No need to play next year western conference teams. Its been decided., thank you kobe8titles24. For enlightening us all.

Haha its a utah fan! Another hater. I been a laker fan since im 10 and im 20 now and you know what! How did it feel to get thrashed by The Lakers two years in a row...your right stay home as far as im concerned It is between Dallas and Los Angeles ...Carlos Boozer hates you!

Suns113
08-03-2009, 08:10 PM
really your 20? you still act like your 10 lol

kobe8titles24
08-03-2009, 08:12 PM
really your 20? you still act like your 10 lol

oh yea because i argue with a moron in a nba forum lol...okay Listen say whatever you like...Your a suns fan huh? Missing the playoffs did you enjoy that? Or did you enjoy getting Sasha Pavlovic for Shaq? Or when Kobe won his 4th and Steve Nash watched...Will take care of your low level team in a couple months dont worry about that =D...

Jumba
08-03-2009, 08:13 PM
Haha its a utah fan! Another hater. I been a laker fan since im 10 and im 20 now and you know what! How did it feel to get thrashed by The Lakers two years in a row...your right stay home as far as im concerned It is between Dallas and Los Angeles ...Carlos Boozer hates you!

Thank you. I'm glad i met yet another typical Laker fan. I was worried you were going to be different.

Suns113
08-03-2009, 08:14 PM
Did u enjoy watching the suns beating the lakers *** in the playoffs a few years ago?

and i did enjoy trading shaq for nothing, because now we will make the playoffs again

Jumba
08-03-2009, 08:14 PM
oh yea because i argue with a moron in a nba forum lol...okay Listen say whatever you like...Your a suns fan huh? Missing the playoffs did you enjoy that? Or did you enjoy getting Sasha Pavlovic for Shaq? Or when Kobe won his 4th and Steve Nash watched...Will take care of your low level team in a couple months dont worry about that =D...

It will be fun to see banned under your name instead of Recruit. No need for personal attacks.

kobe8titles24
08-03-2009, 08:17 PM
well look were all being immature if anyone has anything to say about what i wrote on top go ahead...and yes i enjoyed the suns eliminating us and then watchin the mavericks take care of it =D I dont even know you people so lets not argue!

cowboyz180
08-03-2009, 08:20 PM
I agree w/ lakers and dallas

Jumba
08-03-2009, 08:22 PM
well look were all being immature if anyone has anything to say about what i wrote on top go ahead...and yes i enjoyed the suns eliminating us and then watchin the mavericks take care of it =D I dont even know you people so lets not argue!

Bi-polar? Go from hating, to trying to smooth it out...

Personally, its 89 days way to early to say anything about the season. Especially about the western Conf. finals. As far as anyone can tell, kobe might go down with a career ending injury, Gasol could have a bad year, and the purple princess might be the lakers leading scorer. Its like trying to predict the weather. Its to hard to say.

Lakers4ItAll
08-03-2009, 08:23 PM
Dallas isn't even on the same level as LA SA DEN or even POR

blazerman
08-03-2009, 08:27 PM
whats with these random new posters that come in here and just list their favorite teams as unstoppable in a freaking nba forum.

It's one thing to have a good team but to praise them everyday in every thread is just retarted. Dallas is middle of the pack and doesnt have any better chance than Portland, SA and Denver.

Most but not all Lakers fans are insecure and need reassurance on a daily basis because their a bunch of diva's!:silly: I suppose if the Blazers had 15/20 championships I'd be one too, hell if the Blazers had 2 I might be.

Lakers are the best and that wont change until someone beats them in a series. Artest just made them tougher. Wow I finally pulled out a real praise for the Lakers (being serious for once).

Vijay248
08-03-2009, 08:28 PM
at this point in the western conference i feel that the two teams that really cannot be stopped would be the lakers and the mavericks. I know people are going to say well what about san antonio & portland and even denver and i have a couple of reasons for saying lakers and dallas and here they are. Well the lakers are obviously the defending champions and with the combined defense of ron artest & kobe bryant and the post of bynum & gasol not to mention lamar odom return and the offensive firepower coming from kobe,bynum,gasol,artest,odom & the bench as a unit this team is very dangerous and will be very hard to score on and to defend against with so many threats...even without bynum we have seen the lakers win over 60 games. Also when you have kobe bryant who is the best leader and ball player in the league(not lebron james)proven when orlando did work on him...)now dallas has the same weapons as last year and did knock off the spurs even with injuries from the spurs they are still a force and excuses should not be made. Now with the addition of shawn marion,drew gooden & tim thomas they have a proven all star and 3 point shooter in shawn marion and a nice offensive and defensive threat in drew gooden and a clutch shooter and veteran in tim thomas. Shawn marion to me is the biggest acquistion because at times the mavs could go with kidd...nowitzki...dampier...howard and whoever at guard but at other times could run like a phoenix suns mindset with kidd..terry..marion..nowitzki and perhaps someone like drew goooden or tim thomas at the power forward and go small. They have a bunch of all stars and proven leaders with kidd and nowitzki and the mavs usually stay healthy not to mention shuffling different mindsets like running or balanced attacks with guys like josh howard and shawn marion i dont see how an older san antonio team with the same attack and the loss of bruce bowen or a young portland team who needs to adjust to andre miller and see how greg oden pans out or denver who proved inconsistent at times could defeat dallas. Also quinton ross another nice solid defender has been added. The lakers and mavericks may just be the two obvious choices to route the whole western conference....any thoughts?>

yea my first thoughts after seeing how much you typed was ala madre!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blazerman
08-03-2009, 08:34 PM

Im sure your gonna catch heat for not professing your undying love for LA.

I must be public enemy # 1

JJ_JKidd
08-03-2009, 09:17 PM
At this point in the Western Conference I feel that the two teams that really cannot be stopped would be The Lakers and The Mavericks. I know people are going to say well what about San Antonio & Portland and even Denver and I have a couple of reasons for saying Lakers and Dallas and here they are. Well the lakers are obviously the defending champions and with the combined defense of Ron Artest & Kobe Bryant and the post of Bynum & Gasol not to mention Lamar Odom return and the offensive firepower coming from Kobe,Bynum,Gasol,Artest,Odom & The bench as a unit this team is very dangerous and will be very hard to score on and to defend against with so many threats...even without Bynum we have seen the Lakers win over 60 games. Also when you have Kobe Bryant who is the best leader and ball player in the league(not lebron james)proven when orlando did work on him...)Now Dallas has the same weapons as last year and did knock off the spurs even with injuries from the spurs they are still a force and excuses should not be made. Now with the addition of Shawn Marion,Drew Gooden & Tim Thomas they have a proven all star and 3 point shooter in Shawn Marion and a nice offensive and defensive threat in drew gooden and a clutch shooter and veteran in Tim Thomas. Shawn Marion to me is the biggest acquistion because at times the mavs could go with Kidd...Nowitzki...dampier...howard and whoever at guard but at other times could run like a phoenix suns mindset with kidd..terry..marion..nowitzki and perhaps someone like Drew Goooden or Tim Thomas at the power forward and go small. They have a bunch of all stars and proven leaders with kidd and nowitzki and the mavs usually stay healthy not to mention shuffling different mindsets like running or balanced attacks with guys like josh howard and shawn marion i dont see how an older san antonio team with the same attack and the loss of bruce bowen or a young portland team who needs to adjust to andre miller and see how greg oden pans out or denver who proved inconsistent at times could defeat Dallas. Also Quinton Ross another nice solid defender has been added. The Lakers and Mavericks may just be the two obvious choices to route the whole western Conference....Any thoughts?>

My thoughts and your thoughts are not the same. There are a lot of teams in the best better than the Mavs.

Well, I give props to the newbie for composing his long idea. :smoking:

ZebraCity916
08-03-2009, 09:20 PM
really your 20? You still act like your 10 lol

hahahaha

Teeboy1487
08-03-2009, 09:29 PM
It's too early to call this. The west is too tough. There's a lot of good teams in the west that has to be accounted for. Worry about this if it comes because it is not a sure thing yet.

dre1990
08-03-2009, 09:42 PM
Did u enjoy watching the suns beating the lakers *** in the playoffs a few years ago?

and i did enjoy trading shaq for nothing, because now we will make the playoffs again

Im not a Laker fan, but the Lakers just went to the finals 2 years in a row and just won a championship. your in no position to talk ****

Jay22Redd
08-03-2009, 09:59 PM
I doubt Dallas goes that far. They just dont seem like the team that could go that far, even with their additions. San Antonio can never be counted out. The young core in Portland made the playoffs and most likely wants more. Denver is growing as a team even though they lost DJones. And even though we lost Yao and Artest, you can never count the Rockets out.

DenButsu
08-03-2009, 10:01 PM
I'm closing this thread. We can't have everyone making random threads for whatever predictions they have for next season. If anybody makes any threads along these narrow sorts of lines, they're likely to get closed. They should be more open, like "Who do you think will be the WC finalists in 2010?", rather than "I think X and Y will be..."

Thanks for understanding.