PDA

View Full Version : Waivers and Trades after the Deadline

torontomania
08-03-2009, 07:07 PM
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/08/heyman-on-august-trades.html

This may be a great opportunity for the Jays to dump some salary and bring up some rookies.

5 names of the blue jays that have been surfaceing around are Overbay, Rios, Scutaro, Hallay and Frasor.

JP lets get it done

Yankees4EVER
08-03-2009, 07:20 PM
The Yankees should just try on Halladay , please !

Twitchy
08-03-2009, 07:43 PM
Yeah, I'm sure Halladay will get through waivers all the way to the Yankees...

Bluerapoileagle
08-03-2009, 07:45 PM
The Yankees should just try on Halladay , please !

Lol, yeah, might as well try to see if the best pitcher in baseball would pass through waivers. :laugh2: :laugh2:

Gibby
08-03-2009, 10:41 PM
only guy who could clear waivers is Overbay. i dont think the rest will clear waivers, including Rios.

wowzman
08-04-2009, 06:36 PM
only guy who could clear waivers is Overbay. i dont think the rest will clear waivers, including Rios.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/jon_heyman/08/03/post.deadline.trades/index.html

-----Likely to clear

14. Lyle Overbay, Jays 1B: Power slippage means he should clear.

And the player that we shudda/cudda/wudda had if only JP never hurt his feelings :D . Poor baby.

2. Adam Dunn, Nationals slugger: That $12 million salary for 2010 should scare anyone off. He was traded after the waiver deadline last year, and it could happen again. Belongs in the American League, a place he has yet to play.

-----Could Clear

4. Alex Rios, Jays outfielder: Sixty million is a lot, but he can play. The Giants have money. You never know

Another shudda/cudda/wudda for some.

3. Gil Meche, Royals pitcher: Only four wins and an $11 million salary. But he has talent.

-----Unlikely to clear
(Although there's always an outside chance in a couple of cases that a trade could be worked out with the claiming team.)

1. Roy Halladay, Jays starter: Sorry, he's stuck.

5. Marco Scutaro, Jays SS: Breakthrough year bodes well for his free agency, though.

12. Jason Frasor, Jays reliever: Having excellent season in Jays' 'pen.