PDA

View Full Version : Nets vs. Knicks

NenadKristic12
08-03-2009, 02:13 PM
The knicks forum knows the truth and did not allow me to put this in their section because it does not involve discussion about them getting Lebron or any prized FA.

I will post the question here again.
Who is better right now and in a better position to be successfull in the future.

The knicks have zero building blocks while the nets have at least 2 cornerstone players in devin and brook.

I just don't see why anyone wold want to come play for the knicks and eat resses puffs all day with nate robinson.

Nets have equal money avaiulable for the future, a better gm, players, mascot, everything but stadium.

Dont be bias towards the knicks and dont be afraid to voice the truth.

arkanian215
08-03-2009, 02:34 PM
the knicks have plenty of talent and assets. if they manage a sign and trade of both lee and robinson, their team would look decent with chandler, hill, and gallinari. jordan hill has to step up and their up and coming center. gallinari and wilson chandler have to step up too. adding sessions and two young talents for allowing lee and robinson to leave wouldn't be bad. at that point, they would look better than the nets. just my opinion though.

DeeJay
08-03-2009, 02:36 PM
The knicks forum knows the truth and did not allow me to put this in their section because it does not involve discussion about them getting Lebron or any prized FA.

Who is better right now and in a better position to be successfull in the future.

The knicks have zero building blocks while the nets have at least 2 cornerstone players in devin and brook.

I just don't see why anyone wold want to come play for the knicks and eat resses puffs all day with nate robinson.

Nets have equal money avaiulable for the future, a better gm, players, mascot, everything but stadium.

Hater.

5+7=DYNASTY!!!
08-03-2009, 02:36 PM
We have a core of Chandler, Gallinari, Hill, and Douglass with more to come(either Nate and DLee, players from S&T, or Ramon Sessions signing). Don't say we have nothing, people love to bash the Knicks just because we have sucked *** in the past. Our franchise is quickly being turned around.

blastmasta26
08-03-2009, 02:37 PM

Wilson Chandler, Danilo Galinari, Jordan Hill, Toney Douglas, David Lee. You're saying that not one of those guys is a building block? :eyebrow:

clutchski
08-03-2009, 02:39 PM
A lot of knick fans are generally going to believe they will get an all-star caliber player in 2010, and a lot of other nba fans are generally going to believe they're setting themselves up for failure.

I think with the amount of big names in the 2010 free agency, and they're cap space, they're setting themselves up for good things, even if it's not the biggest name players.

arkanian215
08-03-2009, 02:39 PM
i like chandler quite a bit. i sure hope twill turns out at least as half as good as him.

blastmasta26
08-03-2009, 02:42 PM
A lot of knick fans are generally going to believe they will get an all-star caliber player in 2010, and a lot of other nba fans are generally going to believe they're setting themselves up for failure.

I think with the amount of big names in the 2010 free agency, and they're cap space, they're setting themselves up for good things, even if it's not the biggest name players.
I'm a Knick fan, but I'm not delusional. I highly doubt we can get LBJ or Wade unless we get extremely lucky. I think we have a shot at Joe Johnson, maybe even Amare because of their familiarity with D'Antoni, but nothing is definite.

yanksknicksgmen
08-03-2009, 02:42 PM
Close this.. Its a stupid Nets fan that doesnt know anything about basketball.

clutchski
08-03-2009, 02:43 PM
I'm a Knick fan, but I'm not delusional. I highly doubt we can get LBJ or Wade unless we get extremely lucky. I think we have a shot at Joe Johnson, maybe even Amare because of their familiarity with D'Antoni, but nothing is definite.

Yeah exactly..and there's nothing wrong with those signings alongside the players on your roster now.

Trouble87
08-03-2009, 02:53 PM
NJ will always be in the shadow of NYC (not knocking NJ just being real)

No one wants to play for a "second banana" franchise (Nets)

If you had a chance to play in NYC or NJ, I think most people would pick NYC

Jay22Redd
08-03-2009, 02:54 PM
For some reason, I really would like to see the Knicks become a contender.

sf1215
08-03-2009, 02:55 PM
Close this.. Its a stupid Nets fan that doesnt know anything about basketball.

um false. nenadkristic12 (R.I.P) is right. the nets do have more valuable assets than the knicks. any great player (lebron, amare, bosh, joe johnson) know the value in playing with a quality pg and quality center. i'm not saying the knicks don't have assets because they do have young talent in chandler, gallinari, hill. however, if you or I were any of those prized fa's of 2010 (aka lebron) and you were looking at a team's roster, none of you can tell me that you wouldn't find the nets more appealing than the knicks. again, just soley based on the current rosters.

MSG34
08-03-2009, 02:56 PM
Someone will sign in NY. It might not be Lebron or Wade but Joe Johnson or Amare doesn't look bad at all to me. We should have plenty of salary cap room and players will want to come to NY over NJ.

How's that move to Brookyln going :laugh:

theuuord
08-03-2009, 02:57 PM
Wilson Chandler, Danilo Galinari, Jordan Hill, Toney Douglas, David Lee. You're saying that not one of those guys is a building block? :eyebrow:

The fact that you have to list Toney Douglas as a building block is kind of making his point.

Is David Lee still a Knick? Lord knows where he'll end up.

Chandler is definitely a good player. Gallinari will likely become one. Hill has bust written all over him (and before you call me a Knick Hater or whatever, I've been saying that since before the draft - find any draft thread).

MSG34
08-03-2009, 02:57 PM
um false. nenadkristic12 (R.I.P) is right. the nets do have more valuable assets than the knicks. any great player (lebron, amare, bosh, joe johnson) know the value in playing with a quality pg and quality center. i'm not saying the knicks don't have assets because they do have young talent in chandler, gallinari, hill. however, if you or I were any of those prized fa's of 2010 (aka lebron) and you were looking at a team's roster, none of you can tell me that you wouldn't find the nets more appealing than the knicks. again, just soley based on the current rosters.

FA isn't even over yet. Let's wait and see what happens with Ramon Sessions and what type of value we bring back from Lee and Nate.

Either way if it's close, the FA is most likely to sign with NY. Not being homer, just being realistic.

yanksknicksgmen
08-03-2009, 03:01 PM
The fact that you have to list Toney Douglas as a building block is kind of making his point.

Is David Lee still a Knick? Lord knows where he'll end up.

Chandler is definitely a good player. Gallinari will likely become one. Hill has bust written all over him (and before you call me a Knick Hater or whatever, I've been saying that since before the draft - find any draft thread).

ok thats your opinion you have devin harris and brook lopez but who else? before you say anything bout knicks look at your team you have 2 people that are good just like you said thhe knicks have 2 people that are good in chandler and gallo

Nets fan 93
08-03-2009, 03:02 PM
assuming Lee resigns :rolleyes:

Chandler and Hill out of all you mentioned are really the only pieces New York have...

I'd take an allstar 26 year old PG and a top 3 rookie (center over those guys.)
Plus Lee excited most people before his injury and we have some mysteries like the knicks too.
Yi, Williams, CDR...who knows?

defender4m
08-03-2009, 03:02 PM
Im a nets fan... Both teams most likely will try to go after the big time players next yr. But they will both only be able to get one of the top 5 available because of the salary cap. It dropped for next yr so that teams dont buy 3 top guys. But seriously nets have a better team right now but MSG is more enticing to Lebron, Wade, Bosh and Amare than the Meadowlands or whenever we actually move to Brooklyn.

theuuord
08-03-2009, 03:03 PM
ok thats your opinion you have devin harris and brook lopez but who else? before you say anything bout knicks look at your team you have 2 people that are good just like you said thhe knicks have 2 people that are good in chandler and gallo

Are you really trying to compare the value Brook Lopez and Devin Harris to Wilson Chandler and Danilo Gallinari?

Seriously dude?

MSG34
08-03-2009, 03:03 PM
assuming Lee resigns :rolleyes:

Chandler and Hill out of all you mentioned are really the only pieces New York have...

I'd take an allstar 26 year old PG and a top 3 rookie (center over those guys.)
Plus Lee excited most people before his injury and we have some mysteries like the knicks too.
Yi, Williams, CDR...who knows?

Danilo Gallinari?

We can still get a young player or hopefully a pick for Lee

yanksknicksgmen
08-03-2009, 03:04 PM

ok lets see if lebron and wade go to nets

Nets fan 93
08-03-2009, 03:05 PM
Danilo Gallinari?

We can still get a young player or hopefully a pick for Lee
We'll see... I also Left C.Lee out for the Nets... both are mysteries now that threre roles are gonna change

nyyankees09

Ok Devin and Brook are is a mutch better combo then Chandler and Gallonari

yanksknicksgmen
Are you really trying to compare the value Brook Lopez and Devin Harris to Wilson Chandler and Danilo Gallinari?

Seriously dude?

No im not stupid brook and harris are much better than chandler and gallo.but it looks like were fruntrunners for sessions and if lee resigns with us were a better team than the nets...

arkanian215
08-03-2009, 03:08 PM
i seriously doubt it but i'd laugh my *** off if one of them does. honestly, i wanted to rebuild through drafting players and taking a couple of years rebuilding and maybe adding a key FA eventually. i wouldve been happy to see the future be harris-lee-twill-yi-lopez but the sound of lebron in the middle is too tempting. lol i bet we get phil jackson to coach the nets in 2010 if we get lebron...

defender4m
08-03-2009, 03:08 PM
No im not stupid brook and harris are much better than chandler and gallo.but it looks like were fruntrunners for sessions and if lee resigns with us were a better team than the nets...

Are you seriously bragging about getting ramon sessions?

theuuord
08-03-2009, 03:09 PM

If Lee re-signs it's likely going to eat up a chunk of your cap. Same with Sessions, and same with Nate.

The Nets have a younger and cheaper future, which allows them the ability to sign more than just one max contract next off-season - they'll have the ability to sign two max offers and remain under the cap (although I doubt they sign more than one, just to keep flexibility to re-sign Lopez in the coming years).

Nets fan 93
08-03-2009, 03:09 PM
on paper maybe....
Remember this...
Nets are rebuilding... Knicks are retooling....

They should really give more mins to their young players... Gallo, Douglas whoever else lol.... They still have Harrington and Duhon starting(assuming they dont get sessions)

yanksknicksgmen
08-03-2009, 03:10 PM
Are you seriously bragging about getting ramon sessions?

pretty sure hes much better than chris duhon.....

ManRam
08-03-2009, 03:11 PM
We're comparing copper to aluminum here...not gold to silver. Funny to see people getting so heated. Both teams are very weak. New Jersey finished a mere two games ahead of the Knicks last year...and lost their best player. The Knicks had a great draft IMO, but will probably lose Lee and Nate.

I just don't know who's gonna score the ball for NJ. They very well could be the worst offensive team in the East next year. They have good franchise pieces in Lopez and Harris, but I'm not as big of a fan of either of them as most people are. I honestly think it's gonna be a tossup as to who finishes with the worse record. My money is on NJ if I had to pick. I think the Knicks have more weapons. They may not have anyone better than Harris or Lopez, but they have a fair amount of solid player. I think Mike D'Antoni gives the Knicks another slight edge.

yanksknicksgmen
08-03-2009, 03:12 PM
If Lee re-signs it's likely going to eat up a chunk of your cap. Same with Sessions, and same with Nate.

The Nets have a younger and cheaper future, which allows them the ability to sign more than just one max contract next off-season - they'll have the ability to sign two max offers and remain under the cap (although I doubt they sign more than one, just to keep flexibility to re-sign Lopez in the coming years).

If sessions comes nate wont resign. And David Lee would be for 1 year probly

defender4m

Thats true.

arkanian215
harrington expires this season. i expect management to trade his *** to some contender and get a half decent thing back such as a late first rounder maybe and an expiring. something like harrington for blount and a pick come to mind. same goes for simmons on the nets.

TheGreenMonster
Gallinari is going to be a bust. The Knicks fans are just mad because they traded away all of there picks for like 10 years for Eddie Curry! There are no building blocks, there is not even a semblance of talent on this team. The Knicks are worse off than the nets no doubt. Oh how the tables have turned. There best player was the 3rd best guy on the Golden State Warriors and they have LARRY HUGHES on their team!

Don't Forget the Knicks got 1st round draft pick Darko Millicic!!! That is gunna be BIG TIME!

nyyankees09

ya he better the duhon but compare him to devin harris

theuuord
08-03-2009, 03:13 PM
If sessions comes nate wont resign. And David Lee would be for 1 year probly

Hasn't Lee said numerous times that he wants a long-term deal?

arkanian215
08-03-2009, 03:14 PM
milicic aint bad at all. i think ill use a late fantasy pick on him. i think he'll turn a few heads in ny. it's a contract year for him. i expect to see him do well.

Nets fan 93
08-03-2009, 03:14 PM
We're comparing copper to aluminum here...not gold to silver. Funny to see people getting so heated. Both teams are very weak. New Jersey finished a mere two games ahead of the Knicks last year...and lost their best player. The Knicks had a great draft IMO, but will probably lose Lee and Nate.

I just don't know who's gonna score the ball for NJ. They very well could be the worst offensive team in the East next year. They have good franchise pieces in Lopez and Harris, but I'm not as big of a fan of either of them as most people are. I honestly think it's gonna be a tossup as to who finishes with the worse record. My money is on NJ if I had to pick. I think the Knicks have more weapons. They may not have anyone better than Harris or Lopez, but they have a fair amount of solid player. I think Mike D'Antoni gives the Knicks another slight edge.
Get outta here... this is a good debate. I haven't had a good debate in a while... aluminum to copper?
Go compare your magic to the Cavs just like every other day and get outta here... It's something different.

Devin will do a lot of scoring.. and with Lopez and Lee in higher role than last year... I think we will do fine

defender4m
08-03-2009, 03:16 PM
Get outta here... this is a good debate. I haven't had a good debate in a while... aluminum to copper?
Go compare your magic to the Cavs just like every other day and get outta here... It's something different.

Devin will do a lot of scoring.. and with Lopez and Lee in higher role than last year... I think we will do fine

This is one of the only times we can actually have a debate with a team about whos better

arkanian215
08-03-2009, 03:17 PM
no one has the space or ability to sign him long term. detroit and portland looked like good placed for him to land. they got wrapped up in something else. knicks can offer both guys one year deals and try to re-sign them the following after they're done shopping for FA's. they would probably get more money then. dolan is at least good for his money.

nyyankees09
This is one of the only times we can actually have a debate with a team about whos better

nets cough cough

yanksknicksgmen

You guys only finished 2 games better than us last season and now you lost vc

yanksknicksgmen
08-03-2009, 03:18 PM
nets cough cough

yup :rolleyes:

defender4m
08-03-2009, 03:18 PM
nets cough cough

Yep

arkanian215
08-03-2009, 03:20 PM
lol wishful thinking. we really need a couple of guys to step up. there's gonna be a ton of pressure on harris to lead the team, im not sure he's the right man for the job. anyway i hope simmons gets playing time towards the trade deadline so we can at least get some value for him. i also expect hassell to leave not that i want either of them to go. jarvis hayes could be another guy (another expiring). i honestly love all three of them but they can help someone else and we can tank and help our younger guys develop.

cdr needs to get stronger. he's growing to sf size but he doesn't have the strength to play there. he doesn't have to frame to build the size either...

Nets fan 93
08-03-2009, 03:21 PM
You guys only finished 2 games better than us last season and now you lost vc
okay?

Still.
We have an allstar PG, and a top 10-15 center.

A SG that was a good scorer in colllege...

Kiki said we will most likely be starting Hayes, which brings scoring and clutch three's... not to mention a mentally and physically stronger Yi.

Our bench is fantastic with, Alston, Dooling, CDR, Simmons...

watch out!

arkanian215
08-03-2009, 03:23 PM
i think it's pretty close. im not sold on courtney lee yet. i dont know what twill will be like next year. cdr only played a handful of games last year. i dont know what his production is gonna be like when he plays a lot more. yi is a big question mark. sure he's ripped now but that doesnt make you better. can harris do it without vc?
harris and lopez look like amazing fantasy players along with lee. he's a real sleeper. maybe even yi.

the proof will come in the overall record in head to head matchups. both face different schedules so the best gauge is the head to head imo.

MSG34
08-03-2009, 03:23 PM
A SG that was a good scorer in college? That translates to nothing.

A lot of the knicks and nets players are unproven and FA isn't even over yet.

yanksknicksgmen
08-03-2009, 03:24 PM
okay?

Still.
We have an allstar PG, and a top 10-15 center.

A SG that was a good scorer in colllege...

Kiki said we will most likely be starting Hayes, which brings scoring and clutch three's... not to mention a mentally and physically stronger Yi.

Our bench is fantastic with, Alston, Dooling, CDR, Simmons...

watch out!

lmao ok? in college

arkanian215
08-03-2009, 03:24 PM
alston and battie will be gone at the deadline imo. same with simmons and maybe hassell and hayes. management will look to tank at the end and play our young ones.

Nets fan 93
08-03-2009, 03:26 PM
lmao ok? in college
He never had a chance in Orlando. 5th option there most likely 3rd option here.... I expect a lot more scoring. Kinda like what happened to Devin when he came to NJ.

defender4m
08-03-2009, 03:27 PM
He'll become good.

arkanian215
08-03-2009, 03:28 PM
i wish he had the rip hamilton mentality. it's so rare these days. the kid has some talent though but im not sure what to make of him. maybe just hype or maybe it's legit.

yanksknicksgmen
08-03-2009, 03:29 PM
He never had a chance in Orlando. 5th option there most likely 3rd option here.... I expect a lot more scoring. Kinda like what happened to Devin when he came to NJ.

Ya i no you just gave a bad example saying he was good scorer in college. Btw Harris on a team like the Celtics would be just like Rondo

arkanian215
08-03-2009, 03:30 PM
i think he'd have more assists, fewer points, but not exactly like rondo.

Nets fan 93
08-03-2009, 03:34 PM
Ya i no you just gave a bad example saying he was good scorer in college. Btw Harris on a team like the Celtics would be just like Rondo

Two different players
Harris= Tony Parker
Rondo= Prime Darrell Armstrong or a poor man's J-Kidd

We already saw Devin on the Mavs... nothing like Rondo

JMKnick33
08-03-2009, 03:35 PM
Holy smokes, we got a pretty good debate here. I live in New jersey, but I'm a Knicks fan.

Ok, here's the facts, Nets have one all-star, and a very promising center in Brooke. They also have a bunch of other decent players in Yi, CDR, Lee, Alston, TWill (unproven yet), and Simmons. Knicks have zero all-stars, but have a future star in Chandler, maybe Gallo too (we'll find out this year exactly why he was the 6th pick), a good draft pick in Jordan Hill, Milicic who may actually find his spot playing under Mike D'antoni (he might even average similar numbers to Brooke), and we're unsure about Nate and Dlee, and we're on the verge of signing Ramon Sessions.

Those are the facts who has potential for each team.

Let's say Lebron goes to the Nets. Do you think Devin will still be averaging 21+ points per game. Also, Devin isn't even a true point guard. He's more of a shoot first point guard. He'll be in a similar role to what Mo Williams is in right now.

Let's say Lebron goes to the Knicks. Nobody on the Knicks squad is nearly as ball dominant as Devin Harris is, and on top of that will be playing in Mike D'antonis offense. Chandler, Gallo, Hill will all take a step back and play along Lebron as their leader. If you think about it, Lebron is a better fit to play with the Knicks. Also, Sessions is a pass first point guard who averaged 8.5 assists in his starts.

As for the Knicks vs. Nets debate.. it's a close call. But another fact is that the Nets had only 2 more wins than the Knicks last year, and lost their leading scorer in VC. We'll know at the end of the year who really is the better team.

ecorrea
08-03-2009, 03:38 PM
id take the nets for sure. devin harris and brooz lopez, allstar and future allstar, over what the knicks have right now.

people are saying chandler, gallinari, and hill are why the knicks are better? ill give you chandler, hes solid, but hill is a rookie in a weak draft and gallinari hasnt proven anything yet to the nba.

right now, nets

Nets fan 93
08-03-2009, 03:41 PM
Holy smokes, we got a pretty good debate here. I live in New jersey, but I'm a Knicks fan.

Ok, here's the facts, Nets have one all-star, and a very promising center in Brooke. They also have a bunch of other decent players in Yi, CDR, Lee, Alston, TWill (unproven yet), and Simmons. Knicks have zero all-stars, but have a future star in Chandler, maybe Gallo too (we'll find out this year exactly why he was the 6th pick), a good draft pick in Jordan Hill, Milicic who may actually find his spot playing under Mike D'antoni (he might even average similar numbers to Brooke), and we're unsure about Nate and Dlee, and we're on the verge of signing Ramon Sessions.

Those are the facts who has potential for each team.

Let's say Lebron goes to the Nets. Do you think Devin will still be averaging 21+ points per game. Also, Devin isn't even a true point guard. He's more of a shoot first point guard. He'll be in a similar role to what Mo Williams is in right now.

Let's say Lebron goes to the Knicks. Nobody on the Knicks squad is nearly as ball dominant as Devin Harris is, and on top of that will be playing in Mike D'antonis offense. Chandler, Gallo, Hill will all take a step back and play along Lebron as their leader. If you think about it, Lebron is a better fit to play with the Knicks. Also, Sessions is a pass first point guard who averaged 8.5 assists in his starts.

As for the Knicks vs. Nets debate.. it's a close call. But another fact is that the Nets had only 2 more wins than the Knicks last year, and lost their leading scorer in VC. We'll know at the end of the year who really is the better team.

Nice post you left out the Nets two best bench players ( Hayes and Dooling) but nice post.

BTW you can never say so and so is a better fit. Coaches can easily change a system. Nets did for Harris. Next year they are trying a system for Lopez.
The Nets would easily change their system for LeBron.
Also, Devin averaged 7.5 assists... only 1 ast more for sessions :shrug:

yanksknicksgmen
08-03-2009, 03:43 PM
Nice post you left out the Nets two best bench players ( Hayes and Dooling) but nice post.

BTW you can never say so and so is a better fit. Coaches can easily change a system. Nets did for Harris. Next year they are trying a system for Lopez.
The Nets would easily change their system for LeBron.

I dont see lebron coming to either Knicks or Nets same with Wade thats just my opinion though.

arkanian215
08-03-2009, 03:44 PM
heh i live in new york and i love my nets...

Draco
08-03-2009, 03:48 PM
Instead of reading these posts I wish I could hear some of these posts in NY and Joisey accents. "Get outta here .." :D

aman_13
08-03-2009, 03:50 PM
The Knicks will be pretty scary if they get both Joe Johnson, and Amare Stoudemire, but i have a feeling that Johnson will re-sign.

SensandRaps
08-03-2009, 03:51 PM
i think that we should wait to see how the season goes, depending on how the teams do the players will decide. like if this season the nets are only 2 games better than the knicks and if lets say "Lebron" is getting the same amount of money from both teams he will probably sign with the Knicks just because playing in NYC is amazing but if the nets were 8+ games better than the Knicks then it will be a harder decision for the players because then it will become the debate of playing in NYC or winning. Also if the knicks are better than the nets at the end of the season then they have a better chance of getting one of the big name players.

BigEric
08-03-2009, 03:51 PM
If the Knicks are good and the Kings are considered bad, than this is bias at it's finest. The Nets have nice pieces. The Knicks have decent pieces.

Look at the Knicks roster compared to the Kings.

Hawes, Thompson, Nocioni, Martin, Evans, Garcia, Casspi, Udrih, Rodriguez. Greene.

Hill, Gallinari, Chandler, Harrington, MAYBE Lee and/or Robinson, Duhon, Hughes and Toney Douglas.

I know this isn't the thread, but look at those rosters for a second, forget about what team they are on, and pick one. There is no way that top team is worse than that bottom team.

Lisound15
08-03-2009, 03:52 PM
nets suck

yanksknicksgmen
08-03-2009, 03:56 PM
If the Knicks are good and the Kings are considered bad, than this is bias at it's finest. The Nets have nice pieces. The Knicks have decent pieces.

Look at the Knicks roster compared to the Kings.

Hawes, Thompson, Nocioni, Martin, Evans, Garcia, Casspi, Udrih, Rodriguez. Greene.

Hill, Gallinari, Chandler, Harrington, MAYBE Lee and/or Robinson, Duhon, Hughes and Toney Douglas.

I know this isn't the thread, but look at those rosters for a second, forget about what team they are on, and pick one. There is no way that top team is worse than that bottom team.

Are your actually saying the Kings are a better team then the Knicks :laugh::laugh::laugh: thats a good 1

arkanian215
08-03-2009, 03:56 PM
yeah we do, so what?

arkanian215
08-03-2009, 03:59 PM
hmm looking at their roster i think they're better than the nets. hawes and thompson look like future franchise players, nocioni a good role player, martin a future all star, evans and casspi are bright draft picks, and garcia a good sixth man. greene has a ton of potential too. i like their talent more than the nets at this point. kings>nets.

BigEric
08-03-2009, 04:02 PM
Are your actually saying the Kings are a better team then the Knicks :laugh::laugh::laugh: thats a good 1

Dude shut the homer **** up for a second and look at the rosters. There is no way in hell you can say the Knicks, right now, have a better team. Im not comparing them to the Lakers or Celtics, its the Knicks. I look at your name, I look at your post and I see ignorance.

JMKnick33
08-03-2009, 04:03 PM
i like arkanian. he's a fan of certain teams, but definitely isn't bias. he knows his facts pretty well too.

oh btw, Devin Harris averaged 6.9 assists in 36 mpg. while sessions averaged 8.4 assists in like 32 mpg in his 30 something starts. no, i didn't just say sessions is a better PG, im just saying Sessions is a better playmaker and more of a passfirst PG.

BigEric
08-03-2009, 04:05 PM
hmm looking at their roster i think they're better than the nets. hawes and thompson look like future franchise players, nocioni a good role player, martin a future all star, evans and casspi are bright draft picks, and garcia a good sixth man. greene has a ton of potential too. i like their talent more than the nets at this point. kings>nets.

Thank you, very much for noticing. The Nets have two more consistant players with ceilings in Harris and Lopez still. What I mean by that is, where they are at now is the lowest they can be, nothing but room to improve. The Knicks have a bunch of question marks and players with decent ceilings.

Lee and Robinson were a huge part of their team and it appears neither are coming back. I dont see how the Knicks win many games next season. But as for the Nets and Knicks, the Nets have a more structured team, as the Knicks all need time.

arkanian215
08-03-2009, 04:11 PM
lol thanks but i am biased. take a look at the bynum-lopez debate. i love brook.

cmacmath
08-03-2009, 04:13 PM
I love my Knicks...

In fact, as I type this I am in my Knicks sandals, Knicks shorts, Knicks jersey, with my Knicks watch on...I love them and nothing will change that...

BUT KNICKS FANS ARE INSANE!!!!

Our team is horrible...We have guys who put up inflated numbers because of D'Antoni's system...a system that will never win anything because it doesn't require any defense to be played

Wilson Chandler would make a great 3rd or 4th option on a team, but is hardly a building block, plus he plays the same position as everyone else on our team

David Lee is our best player and he's not coming back

Can we stop with the Gallo talk? The kid played like 56 minutes last year...has anyone even seen him play? Is he even any good? Will he even have a career or will his back injury derail his future?

Curry and Jeffires still make up 40% of our 2010 payroll and NOBDY is taking them off our hands

Sessions is a glorified Duhon and how far did that get us last year?

Then we still have cancers like Larry Hughes and Al Harrington who will thrive in D'Antoni's "chuck the ball up" offense, but if they were on any other team in the NBA they would either be buried on the bench or bought out (a la Tim Thomas)

No one knows about Hill and Douglas, but we do know that they come from one of the weakest draft classes in history

And as far as big names we are going to sign...The Knicks have been around for 50 years and have won 2 championships (and those championships were over 35 years ago and were with the same cast of players 3 years apart from each other)...we have won NOTHING since

We have never brought in a quality free agent because contrary to popular belief...PLAYERS DONT WANT TO PLAY HERE!!!!!! Not with the media and not with James Dolan...this isn't baseball and we aren't the Yankees!!

Nets fan 93
08-03-2009, 04:13 PM
Double post

BigEric
08-03-2009, 04:14 PM
I love my Knicks...

In fact, as I type this I am in my Knicks sandals, Knicks shorts, Knicks jersey, with my Knicks watch on...I love them and nothing will change that...

BUT KNICKS FANS ARE INSANE!!!!

Our team is horrible...We have guys who put up inflated numbers because of D'Antoni's system...a system that will never win anything because it doesn't require any defense to be played

Wilson Chandler would make a great 3rd or 4th option on a team, but is hardly a building block, plus he plays the same position as everyone else on our team

David Lee is our best player and he's not coming back

Can we stop with the Gallo talk? The kid played like 56 minutes last year...has anyone even seen him play? Is he even any good? Will he even have a career or will his back injury derail his future?

Curry and Jeffires still make up 40% of our 2010 payroll and NOBDY is taking them off our hands

Sessions is a glorified Duhon and how far did that get us last year?

Then we still have cancers like Larry Hughes and Al Harrington who will thrive in D'Antoni's "chuck the ball up" offense, but if they were on any other team in the NBA they would either be buried on the bench or bought out (a la Tim Thomas)

No one knows about Hill and Douglas, but we do know that they come from one of the weakest draft classes in history

And as far as big names we are going to sign...The Knicks have been around for 50 years and have won 2 championships (and those championships were over 35 years ago and were with the same cast of players 3 years apart from each other)...we have won NOTHING since

We have never brought in a quality free agent because contrary to popular belief...PLAYERS DONT WANT TO PLAY HERE!!!!!! Not with the media and not with James Dolan...this isn't baseball and we aren't the Yankees!!

Thank you, just thank you.

GSW fan
08-03-2009, 04:16 PM
Nets have Yi, the greatest healthy chinese player in the game today.

/thread

Nets fan 93
08-03-2009, 04:17 PM
Hmm...:confused:

I'll copy and paste but change it up a lil

hmm looking at their roster i think they're worse than the nets. Lopez, Yi and Lee look like future franchise players, Simmons and Hayes are good role players, Harris is an all star, Williams was a solid draft pick, and Alston + Dooling is a good sixth man. CDR has a ton of potential too. i like their talent more than the Kings at this point. kings<nets

yanksknicksgmen
08-03-2009, 04:17 PM
Dude shut the homer **** up for a second and look at the rosters. There is no way in hell you can say the Knicks, right now, have a better team. Im not comparing them to the Lakers or Celtics, its the Knicks. I look at your name, I look at your post and I see ignorance.

homer **** up? dude get a ****ing life all you do is sit home and post of pro sports daily all day your mad cool im out cause i dont sit home refreshing the page all day to post peace

J-Relo
08-03-2009, 04:19 PM

Chandler and Lee - guys that I respect, because they play good ball, but not great...

Gallinari hasn't proved that he is someone good...

Hill is a rookie, haven't even played!... not even talking about a guy called Douglas, who is he?...

so if we are going to call all rookies and role players as a players to build a decent team then i don't know... :eyebrow:

theuuord
08-03-2009, 04:20 PM
homer **** up? dude get a ****ing life all you do is sit home and post of pro sports daily all day your mad cool im out cause i dont sit home refreshing the page all day to post peace

BigEric Posts Per Day: 2.61
yanksknicksgmen Posts Per Day: 9.40

Hustla23
08-03-2009, 04:20 PM
Interesting argument going on.

Most of the situation is pretty easy to see IMO.

The Nets have more talent than the Knicks by far. This is clear. Harris is a legitimate all star and Lopez is easily a top 5 center in the NBA. However, the rest of the Nets roster is pretty much a question mark. But it is young and cheap and definitely a great core of players to build around.

The Knicks have some decent talent but I feel their talent has alot more potential than the Nets. Gallinari was injured this year so we weren't able to see what he can do. I think Gallo has all the tools to be a legitimate starting point forward in the future. Chandler is one of my favorite players. He is an almost complete two way player who only lacks a jumpshot and decent handle to become an upper tier player. Jordan Hill has a huge ceiling and so many tools. I envision a great future for him once he settles into the NBA.

So the Nets have a better roster which a Free Agent might want to go to, HOWEVER, I feel that the Knicks trump the Nets in all other aspects.

For one, the Knicks are in New York City, the best market in the country. The Nets are in East Rutherford, New Jersey, which is in turn, a very small market.
I'd say if the Nets were in Brooklyn RIGHT NOW, they'd have more or less a 75% upper hand on the Knicks. But the fact is, they're not. It looks as if they won't be moving until way after the 2010 offseason so that is bad news for them. The Knicks have a better market.

Second, Mike D'antoni is a way better and more appealing coach than Lawrence Frank. I don't think Frank is a respectable coach for a championship team and he hasn't ever won much. D'antoni has a proven track record with a great winning record and was an assistant coach for the U.S. team. Not to mention that he is rated the most liked coach in the NBA according to a player poll.

Both teams will have cap space in 2010 so that's a match.

But ultimately this is an argument that has to wait until AFTER this upcoming season is over. Nobody knows what can happen. Brook Lopez can turn into the next Tim Duncan or Chandler can turn into the next Kobe. Nobody knows. But we'll have a much clearer picture of where things are headed after this season.

Keep up the debate guys, I love it :)

J-Relo
08-03-2009, 04:22 PM
Currently Nets are in better situation roster wise...

They have great lineup consisting of Harris, Lopez and Lee... They are young and can develop into a great team...

Knicks have some players that can be decent in the next decade, if they sign Sessions then i see two of them... with Chandler...

Nets fan 93
08-03-2009, 04:25 PM
Interesting argument going on.

Most of the situation is pretty easy to see IMO.

The Nets have more talent than the Knicks by far. This is clear. Harris is a legitimate all star and Lopez is easily a top 5 center in the NBA. However, the rest of the Nets roster is pretty much a question mark. But it is young and cheap and definitely a great core of players to build around.

The Knicks have some decent talent but I feel their talent has alot more potential than the Nets. Gallinari was injured this year so we weren't able to see what he can do. I think Gallo has all the tools to be a legitimate starting point forward in the future. Chandler is one of my favorite players. He is an almost complete two way player who only lacks a jumpshot and decent handle to become an upper tier player. Jordan Hill has a huge ceiling and so many tools. I envision a great future for him once he settles into the NBA.

So the Nets have a better roster which a Free Agent might want to go to, HOWEVER, I feel that the Knicks trump the Nets in all other aspects.

For one, the Knicks are in New York City, the best market in the country. The Nets are in East Rutherford, New Jersey, which is in turn, a very small market.
I'd say if the Nets were in Brooklyn RIGHT NOW, they'd have more or less a 75% upper hand on the Knicks. But the fact is, they're not. It looks as if they won't be moving until way after the 2010 offseason so that is bad news for them. The Knicks have a better market.

Second, Mike D'antoni is a way better and more appealing coach than Lawrence Frank. I don't think Frank is a respectable coach for a championship team and he hasn't ever won much. D'antoni has a proven track record with a great winning record and was an assistant coach for the U.S. team. Not to mention that he is rated the most liked coach in the NBA according to a player poll.

Both teams will have cap space in 2010 so that's a match.

But ultimately this is an argument that has to wait until AFTER this upcoming season is over. Nobody knows what can happen. Brook Lopez can turn into the next Tim Duncan or Chandler can turn into the next Kobe. Nobody knows. But we'll have a much clearer picture of where things are headed after this season.

Keep up the debate guys, I love it :)
Best response so far.
But... This is Franks last year in NJ... unless he gets another extentsion... soo... dont be so sure!

arkanian215
08-03-2009, 04:25 PM
garcia is good at what he does. he filled in nicely for kevin martin when martin was out.
nocioni did well with the kings last year. kinda like how boki was when he came over. if we have to incorporate salaries into this then ill give hayes the leg up.
yes i know harris is a star.
evans (treated like lebron coming out of high school, has a really high ceiling, really young, only played pg last year and can get a ton better and casspi (nets were willing to trade down for this guy). but yeah twill is good but im not sure where he fits in the scheme of things. the least he can be is a good role player off the bench.
yes cdr and yi do have a lot of potential but so far ive seen more from hawes and thompson.
i wouldn't compare pgs to garcia. they do what they do well. alston helped the magic get deep into the playoffs but he can be a real cancer if he wants to be. dooling is great. what is he, executive vp of the nbapa?
i like the nets players more for their character than their talent honestly. guys like simmons, hayes, hassell, boone, dooling, and NAJERA.

yanksknicksgmen
08-03-2009, 04:27 PM

You=Posts Per Day: 11.03

BigEric
08-03-2009, 04:28 PM

Haha, man thanks I didnt even bother checking that.

This guy Yanksknicksgmen is really legit...

Laughing at the thought of the Kings being worse than the Knicks with no argument other than last season.

theuuord
08-03-2009, 04:30 PM
You=Posts Per Day: 11.03

and i'm not the one saying you spend too much time on the forum.

Hustla23
08-03-2009, 04:31 PM
Best response so far.
But... This is Franks last year in NJ... unless he gets another extentsion... soo... dont be so sure!
Well I don't see any better coaches on the market so I guess Frank is sticking around :shrug:

Frank isn't BAD. There certainly are worse coaches than him. But I don't feel he is all that great either.

NYYCowboys
08-03-2009, 04:32 PM
No offense there's a big difference playing in Manhattan and playing in Jersey.

arkanian215
08-03-2009, 04:33 PM
:speechless:

NetsMetsJets
08-03-2009, 04:35 PM
I love seeing Net and Knick fans going at each other.
The rivalry should be bigger.

I want both teams to be real good,then it would be fun in this area.

Even better when(hopefully) the Nets move to Brooklyn.

I have faith in Rod,the Nets will be real good again by the 2010/2011 season.

Lakers4ItAll
08-03-2009, 04:36 PM
They both suck

arkanian215
08-03-2009, 04:36 PM
lol lakers fan in chicago...:speechless:

Young and Stupid
08-03-2009, 04:39 PM

Mascot. :rimshot: I'm a Nets fan btw.

arkanian215
heh i think frank would be the perfect guy for lebron to play for. he lets his players decide a lot on their own. isn't that what mike brown does?

Nets fan 93
lol lakers fan in chicago...:speechless:
Haha... Lakers have bandwagoners from every state

Young and Stupid
08-03-2009, 04:41 PM
Anyway... It's not even close the Nets are by far more prepared for the future and frankly they have a better team right now. The only thing the Knicks have to offer is MSG and that in the end will probably make them the winner because no1 wants to play in the swamps of East Rutherford.

arkanian215
08-03-2009, 04:45 PM
better than milwaukee

Young and Stupid
08-03-2009, 04:45 PM
I say these are the lineups at the beginning of the 2010 season:

Nets
PG Harris
SG Lee
SF Johnson (Joe)
PF Yi
C Lopez

Knicks
PG Sessions
SG Wade
SF Chandler
PF Gallinari
C ???

arkanian215
08-03-2009, 04:46 PM
:hide:

Nets fan 93
08-03-2009, 04:46 PM
Anyway... It's not even close the Nets are by far more prepared for the future and frankly they have a better team right now. The only thing the Knicks have to offer is MSG and that in the end will probably make them the winner because no1 wants to play in the swamps of East Rutherford.

Jason Kidd resigned when his contract was up. Jefferson resigned and VC resigned..If Brook and Harris have unbelievable seasons.. I think we can pull off a star FA.
**Kidd, Jefferson and VC were all unresticted FA's**

arkanian215
08-03-2009, 04:47 PM
isnt atl broke?... they were looking to send jsmoove out... im not sure what the marvin williams situation is.

Young and Stupid
08-03-2009, 04:48 PM
Jason Kidd resigned when his contract was up. Jefferson resigned and VC resigned..If Brook and Harris have unbelievable seasons.. I think we can pull off a star FA.

I hope so, but I doubt it. We should just move to The Rock (Prudential Center) BK aint gun happen. By a star FA you mean? Cuz we aint gettin Bron Bron aka Hide the Tape or D-Wade aka this ma house

Nets fan 93
08-03-2009, 04:52 PM
I hope so, but I doubt it. We should just move to The Rock (Prudential Center) BK aint gun happen. By a star FA you mean? Cuz we aint gettin Bron Bron aka Hide the Tape or D-Wade aka this ma house
I hope for Newark too!
Bosh, Johnson or we can just wait for 2011's Melo.

Young and Stupid
08-03-2009, 04:53 PM
I hope for Newark too!
Bosh, Johnson or we can just wait for 2011's Melo.

Melo aint leaving, he likes to Bake and he can do it legally in Denver.

colinskik
08-03-2009, 04:58 PM
The Nets two big pieces (Harris and Lopez) are nice but other than that they are really thin. I also think Harris is overrated and had been since his Badger days. However, most of what the Knicks have is all speculation, besides Chandler. I think he's the real deal, but everyone else is a big IF. If Gallo and Hill and Sessions and Douglas, blah blah blah ... we'll have to wait and see. As a fan though, I think the potential goes to the Knicks.

Oh, and the Nets are not moving to Brooklyn, so let's stop talking about it.

arkanian215
08-03-2009, 05:03 PM
i bet dolan has his hand in this some how. he doesn't want to share the market with the nets. another conspiracy theory is that albany wants to delay this project at least past new year's eve so they can collect more money in taxes. lastly it could also be a rival development group that doesn't want to see it happen because they wanted to bring another team to brooklyn, maybe the grizzlies or something.

azkarraga
08-03-2009, 05:25 PM
Melo aint leaving, he likes to Bake and he can do it legally in Denver.

hahaha, lol

BkOriginalOne
08-03-2009, 05:36 PM
Tough to say.. The nets have a deeer core, but they also play in New Jersey.
Nets. Harris, Terrence Williams, YI, Lee, Brooke Lopez, Josh Boone, CDR
Knicks. Hill, Chandler, Gallinari, David Lee -

Nets have more pieces, but Knicks play at MSG, they will also have deeper pockets and a more attractive market to play in.

Vinny642
08-03-2009, 05:41 PM

Haha what a joke man. Then your gonna say he spends too much time on these forums which was proven wrong. Kings are better then the Nets and Knicks right now. Your done.

Nets fan 93
08-03-2009, 06:00 PM
Well I don't see any better coaches on the market so I guess Frank is sticking around :shrug:

Frank isn't BAD. There certainly are worse coaches than him. But I don't feel he is all that great either.
Well I know there are a lot worse coaches out there... but frank is average at best.

commonsense12
08-03-2009, 06:05 PM
Ok question would you rather play for the Lakers or clippers. The bottom line is the Knicks are NY and the nets are jersey. The prestige is for NY. Its the same as clippers and lakers, no one wants to play for the clippers. Players want the bigger markets so that they get more endorsement deals. If a free agent has to choose between the Nets and Knicks for the same amount of money, almost every player chooses the Knicks.

madiaz3
08-03-2009, 06:13 PM
Honestly Chandler has the potential to have the same star power or more than Harris has. Brook Lopez is a great immediate impact player but his ceiling is not far from where he is now. Only Knicks fans will know how good Danilo Gallinari can be and if he plays even close to how good we think he can be then NY takes this debate especially if you factor in Ramon Sessions if he signs.Then you have Douglas, and Jordan Hill. Let's not forget about Eddy Curry who has nearly lost 50 pounds this offseason, if he comes back in his 2006-07 form then NY takes the cake without a doubt, if not, it will still be pretty close.

KnicksPain
08-03-2009, 06:17 PM
i bet dolan has his hand in this some how. he doesn't want to share the market with the nets. another conspiracy theory is that albany wants to delay this project at least past new year's eve so they can collect more money in taxes. lastly it could also be a rival development group that doesn't want to see it happen because they wanted to bring another team to brooklyn, maybe the grizzlies or something.

If Dolan had his hand in your not getting to Brooklyn on behalf of knicks I apologize, I hate Dolan.

arkanian215
08-03-2009, 06:23 PM
wow...you listed boone. i love the guy. most people would mention swat before boone.

bkmikeyy
08-03-2009, 06:25 PM
STAY IN JERSEY YOU AREN'T WANTED IN NYC LOL. but seriously why would a team want to go to a market which already has a team that its loyal too. u guys belong in jersey =]

D2theJ
08-03-2009, 06:27 PM
Harris and Brook are both better than any young player on the Knicks. David Lee is the only one I'd consider better than Lopez and who knows if he'll be there. Robinson, Lee, Chandler and Gallinari are all solid but I think Lee, Harris and Lopez have a better future potential. And thats not considering if Yi can turn it around, but I'm not counting on it.

Hustla23
08-03-2009, 06:31 PM
Harris and Brook are both better than any young player on the Knicks. David Lee is the only one I'd consider better than Lopez and who knows if he'll be there. Robinson, Lee, Chandler and Gallinari are all solid but I think Lee, Harris and Lopez have a better future potential. And thats not considering if Yi can turn it around, but I'm not counting on it.
LOL. I appreciate you not trying to be a homer by saying Lee is better than Lopez but that is flat out wrong.

I'd take Lopez over Lee any day of the week.

I think the Knicks have more younger and higher potential players than the Nets.

Hill, Gallinari, Chandler have pretty high ceilings and they're all less than 22 years old and Harris and Lopez are pretty much where they're at right now despite Lopez being only 20.

arkanian215
08-03-2009, 06:31 PM
lol just wild speculation. i honestly believe the second and the last theories though. the last one might be more for development of housing instead of a sports arena. who ever develops there will get a ton of money in the coming years as rents increase. i wouldnt be surprised to see newark in the picture as well. i know the newark mayor has a hand in this so that his city can get some more money b/c the nets would play there. it wouldn't be a terrible idea though. i wouldn't mind sharing barclays with the islanders though.

arkanian215
08-03-2009, 06:32 PM
brook is 21. he turned 21 at the end of the season, or a little after.

xXskywalkerXx
08-03-2009, 06:36 PM
if they merged into one team they still wouldn't win shik......i love harris' game although he does miss to many games.

Even with LB both teams wouldn't win....

bkmikeyy
08-03-2009, 06:41 PM
Before we crown lopez as the next tim duncan lets remember all the centers that had similar numbers to him their rookie year (13,8)....

Ilgauskas - (14,9)
Okafor - (15, 11)
Horford (10,10)

All good players but not necesarily stars but centers often come into the league ready to play and don't get a crazy amount better (not all but often). All im saying is this year will be the year that we see if lopez takes the next step or not, but its not guaranteed so i wouldnt call him proven yet either.

Tim Duncan - (21 and 12 his rookie year)

Young and Stupid
08-03-2009, 06:50 PM
Just wanted to jump in here. People saying that the young players on the Knicks have higher celings, mah b, but you wrong...

Gallinari and Chandler are the only players on the Knicks with high ceilings. Sorry, but I'm not feeling Hill and Douglas is a backup guard at best (IMO). The Nets have Harris, Lopez, Yi, Swat, CDR, T-Will and Lee. Now, I think Harris has reached his peak scoring-wise, but he can approve defensively and he can get better at distributing the rock. I think Lopez has a higher ceiling than a lot of people give him credit for, a lot of his points came of pick and rolls (similar to Chandler), if he develops a more consistent post game, which we saw flashes of last year he can easily score 18-21 points a game because he's a big body. Yi has a lot of potential and now that hes on steriods he gunna be bullying kids in the paint. Swat is athletic as hell. If CDR improves his jumper he can be comparible to Jalen Rose. T-Will is athletic *** hell and can shut down players on the defensive end, although he is a little short (I stood next to him and he was about 6'4) I think Lee can be better than he was in his rookie year if he gets more of the offensive load, I'm not saying he can be a leading scorer, but he can be more of a scorer (13 ppg if needed). All ya got is MSG, which sadly makes ya better than us because no1 wants to play in the middle of nowhere.

arkanian215
08-03-2009, 06:52 PM
yup that's true. brook doesnt have that much athleticism to build on. it would be crazy if he got more agile or faster and managed to stretch that reliable mid range shot to the 3pt line. many people are hoping he's the next timmy. i sure do lol. but truthfully, he doesnt have timmy's grasp for the game or his fundamentals.

bkmikeyy
08-03-2009, 06:53 PM
IF the knicks get sessions...whats a better UNDER 24 CORE...?

Douglas, Sessions, Chandler, Gallo, Hill

or

CDR, Twill, Lee, Yi(ill give u guys the benefit of the doubt lol), Lopez

Raps18-19 Champ
08-03-2009, 06:58 PM
14. Knicks
15. Nets

The battle of the underacheivers.

arkanian215
08-03-2009, 07:07 PM
I knew it! It's because we don't have VC anymore to kill you raps.

Toenail Clipper
08-03-2009, 07:22 PM
Who cares, they both suck

LA_Raiders
08-03-2009, 07:31 PM
Nets have a bighter future they have a great core of young players, and lebroom going with them next year...

Nets bt far...

arkanian215
08-03-2009, 07:34 PM
it's a more interesting debate. lol i dont want to hear anymore kobe lebron or celtics lakers mundane psd stuff.

and actually plenty of people in this forum care...if you dont like it then dont look at the thread. i avoid the kobe lebron stuff all together.

njnets
08-03-2009, 10:28 PM
im a fan of one of the teams (ill let you guys figure that out lol)

harris brook are cornerstones, great pieces to build off of. i can see lee turning into a rip haimlton type player, he can score but wants to excel on D. our F positions are weak. i think yi will do much better this year. before his injury, he was doing well, and the offensive burden will be on him more than ever so we will see what he has. as for SF, its basically a crap shoot. is williams tall enough? CDR have enoug experience? i see hassel starting, with CDR williams and hayes getting minutes at SG and SF (possibly PF for hayes when we go small, we've dont it before).

duhon is good for mike's system, no doubt. but if either nate or sessions (more likely sessions) will demand a multiyear deal, hurting cap. lee wants a multiyear deal too, hurting your cap again. chandler, galiarni are your top guys. harris and lopez > chandler and galiarni. mike's system also infaltes numbers and does not stress D (not saying the nets do). hughes is not good (overpayed but coming off the books in '10 i believe) and harrington is not a great all around player, just offensively gifted and a ball hog at times.

thats why i think the nets will do better now and in the long run. o and the knicks still gotta couple of crappy contracts and players that are not wanted there (curry, jeffries is horrible).

and i am not BAITING, im giving my opinion on this. if you dont like it, respond with knowledge, not just CAPS and other baiting stuff. this wont get closed if we have good discussion.

jmastert
08-03-2009, 11:15 PM
We have a core of Chandler, Gallinari, Hill, and Douglass with more to come(either Nate and DLee, players from S&T, or Ramon Sessions signing). Don't say we have nothing, people love to bash the Knicks just because we have sucked *** in the past. Our franchise is quickly being turned around.

ur core of chandler gallinari hill and douglas are all unproven players. this core isnt a core its a bunch of young prospects. Chandler is the only one u can actually say is part of the core considering he had a solid season. anyway the nets have a better team .

Nets fan 93
08-03-2009, 11:25 PM
IF the knicks get sessions...whats a better UNDER 24 CORE...?

Douglas, Sessions, Chandler, Gallo, Hill

or

CDR, Twill, Lee, Yi(ill give u guys the benefit of the doubt lol), Lopez
Deffinently the one with Lopez

14. Knicks
15. Nets

The battle of the underacheivers.
Not with the Bucks lol

BTW: I would never trust your prediction when this is your username Raps08-09 Champ
:laugh2:
12.Nets
13.Bobcats
14. Knicks
15. Bucks

BALLER71
08-03-2009, 11:42 PM

Douglass was a second round pick. Hill hasn't even played yet.

AKAYaReal
08-04-2009, 05:33 PM
Douglass was a second round pick. Hill hasn't even played yet.

Correction, Douglas is a late 1st round pick.

This thread is interesting but at this point most people putting in there opinion are being bias in there evaluation in the teams (I'll probably be in the category to).

I personally believe the nets as a whole are really no better this yr then they were last yr. Say what you want about VC but he is a real go to guy.

The Knicks have yet to fix there main problems. No go to guy (cant speak on Gallo yet cause im a show and prove guy) and a huge lack of defense that would have won games.

Now there is no comparison to which team has the true appeal to a max FA. I can see a max leaving there current team for the pursuit of marketing greatness but not for the prospect of being around a team in building. With that said, Jersey is basically counted out and gives NY a bit of light.

Lets face it, it means more to make a NY a respectable franchise more than it does a smaller market team like the Nets.

As of right now the Knicks have to many IFS to determine what there season will look like.

I will revisit this discussion after the season starts and we can all see what the to teams are working with.

I do agree it would be great if both teams could be in competition to be the top 2 in the east.