PDA

View Full Version : Will the Clippers Make Multiple WCF appearances over the next decade? (Hint: yes)

TheHoopsProphet
08-02-2009, 09:11 PM
Current Roster for next season:
PG Baron Davis / Sebastian Telfair
SG Eric Gordon / Ricky Davis
SF Al Thornton / Craig Smith
PF Blake Griffin / Marcus Camby
C Chris Kaman / DeAndre Jordan

This team already will threat to make the playoffs. And when they do make the 7th or 8th seed, it will help put these young guys on that stage to get a feel for how to play together when the games matter. But other than that, next season doesn’t really matter. There are only a few things Clipper fans have to look forward to next season:
1) Watch Blake Griffin make his campaign for ROY
2) Watch Blake Griffin run a charity for raising awareness on Albinos, even though he’s not Albino himself (close though).
3) Try and spot Baron Davis at fast food joints in LA a couple of hours before the home games
4) Watch Mike Dunleavy’s face cringe about 10-15 times a game when he sees Davis break a play Dunleavy spent the whole night creating with his son Coby, and then call a timeout, to pull out Davis or let him think about what he did, when in reality Davis just wanted to rest off the Double Whooper not mixing well in his belly.
5) Watch Ricky Davis try to fill in Baron’s shoes for play-breaking-shots while Baron’s on the bench, who is also secretly trying to get himself to sit back down on the bench just so he could talk with Marcus Camby about which club do they wanna do lines at next.
6) Watch Mark Madsen vigorously cheer on his teammates jumping on DeAndre Jordan’s shoulders (who has this “man don’t f-ing touch me” look on his face) after a 20 foot fade away jumper by Al Thorton who cut the deficit to 17.

But after the lost season next year, an already foregone conclusion, things start looking really good, really fast. Next summer, for the first time in the franchise’s history Bill Murray won’t be calling Donald Sterling to ask if the head coaching job’s available because he wants to film a mockumentary called Groundhog Day 2, trying to convince Sterling that, “Hey, we’re gonna lose, but at least we can try and have our fans in stitches.”

Contracts coming off the books:
Marcus Camby: $10.9 million
Mark Madsen: $2.85 million
Craig Smith: $2.76 million
Sebastian Telfair: $2.5 million (PO)
Ricky Davis: $2.5 million

It’s clear the trades the Clippers made this summer were just to free up cap space for 2010. That adds up to $21.5 million cut off the payroll. And that excludes the money Mike Dunleavy will be reeling in from Rogaine commercials as well as the 3-4 million cut off the payroll this summer with Brian Skinner (the clipper legend), Steve Novak (Legend in the YMCA gyms), Alex Acker (a name that’s oddly not worth trying to pronounce), and Fred Jones (a walking bet which NBA players have an over/under for when he’s out of the league) all becoming free agents.

The biggest regret is the Baron Davis signing, an aging, fat, repulsive, chemistry-breaking, Drumsticks-belly-aching, Jello-butt-shaking, brittle-bones-breaking point guard signed to a lucrative 5 year contract (can you imagine him and Elton signed? The fans should thank Elton for sticking the knife in their backs). But he still is fringe (not fridge) all-star who can lead a team in the playoffs.

The Clippers have their core intact:
The franchise tag – Blake Griffin.

That’s their core. Everyone else should and will be tradeable over next season. They surely can’t keep both Eric Gordon and Al “one-trick-pony” Thornton. They’re both score first players. And with Blake Griffin in the front court, how necessary is it to have Kaman’s post moves?

I say keep Gordon, lose Thornton. Trade him away for a Shane Battier-type-player. Trade Kaman to the Bulls for Kirk Hinrich. Sign Joel Pryzbilla in 2010. Sign a solid backup shooting guard like Roger Mason. Then go after your superstar with about 18 million in your wallet.

PG Baron Davis / Kirk Hinrich
SG Eric Gordon / Roger Mason
SF ? / Shane Battier
PF Blake Griffin / who cares
C Joel Pryzbilla / DeAndre Jordan

Are there any NBA superstars available in 2010 who play the small forward position? Huh? What’s that? That’s right baby – Matt Harping.

Of course, the Clippers could try different scenarios in which they go after a different superstar that plays the guard – Dwyane Wade (Pinch me Chocolate Jesus!) or Joe Johnson (more likely, but still oozing with awesomeness), and then try to work trades that make it easier to slot him in the lineup. But I say Matt Harping would do wonders. The Clippers are primed to make multiple WCF appearance and maybe even win a championship or two. Let me repeat that to emphasize the dawning basketball revolution which is about to take place, THE CLIPPERS are PRIMED to make MULTIPLE WCF appearances and maybe win A CHAMPIONSHIP or two. Matt Harping will be the biggest savior since Jesus.

ARMIN12NBA
08-02-2009, 09:16 PM
When did Bill Simmons make a PSD account?

theimortalone
08-02-2009, 09:22 PM
What the **** are you smoking? :crazy:

KB---24
08-02-2009, 09:26 PM
BY WCF u mean west coast finals then **** No. They will be lucky to clinch the 8th seed

DetroitRipCity
08-02-2009, 09:27 PM
Novak? PG? HUH? a 6'10 220lb PG...... HUH?

[EDIT] and yes that is as far as i got into that essay

what54!?
08-02-2009, 09:29 PM
wtf? whoa calm down with that

Spurred1
08-02-2009, 09:34 PM
So I assume all the other Western Conference teams are going to be overcome with multiple catastrophic injuries.
Pretty funny stuff,though.

dee279
08-02-2009, 09:41 PM
UHM!!!! Maybe they should hire a coach who can actually coach first.

lakers4sho
08-02-2009, 09:49 PM
It's the Clippers dude. Even for some reason they manage to put together the greatest team of all time, they will find some reason to **** it all up.

b_rad23
08-02-2009, 09:53 PM

Just want to make sure this doesn't go unnoticed...

:laugh2:

Gnac76
08-02-2009, 09:54 PM
Hint: there's a ton of other great teams in the western conference

ctitus45
08-02-2009, 09:59 PM

hahaha classic.

Only thing though, Simmons is smarter than to put this kind of faith into the Clippers.

This guy is like Bizarro Simmons.

DetroitRipCity
08-02-2009, 10:01 PM
Just want to make sure this doesn't go unnoticed...

:laugh2:

lol

chicago lulz
08-02-2009, 10:02 PM
All that effort to write this up for nothing. Should mail it to the Clippers front office.

JVene
08-02-2009, 10:03 PM
WCF =Women's College Finals???

I dont know, Uconn is gonna have a good team this year. But now that you have Blake i dont know who Geno is gonna put in to guard him. I guess you guys have a shot.

Young and Stupid
08-02-2009, 10:08 PM

Was thinking the same exact thing.

jakesmail123
08-02-2009, 10:09 PM

hahahah :D

Young and Stupid
08-02-2009, 10:10 PM
hahaha classic.

Only thing though, Simmons is smarter than to put this kind of faith into the Clippers.

This guy is like Bizarro Simmons.

Nah, Simmons is secretly a Clippers fan just to spite the Lakers and his favorite player Kobe Bryant. You didn't hear his rants about watching Marcus Camby and someone else (the name is escaping me right now) clown on the bench and during timeouts.

Tommyh1331
08-02-2009, 10:10 PM
hint..hell to the no!~! you have issues

DetroitRipCity
08-02-2009, 10:11 PM
hint..hell to the no!~! you have issues

that sig is sweet tommy

JJ_JKidd
08-02-2009, 10:27 PM

I dont know, Uconn is gonna have a good team this year. But now that you have Blake i dont know who Geno is gonna put in to guard him. I guess you guys have a shot.

Yet another prediction. This one very far off reality. :smoking:

asandhu23
08-02-2009, 10:31 PM
wcf =women's college finals???

I dont know, uconn is gonna have a good team this year. But now that you have blake i dont know who geno is gonna put in to guard him. I guess you guys have a shot.

lol

GarlicStench
08-02-2009, 10:32 PM
Let me guess, your a myopic Raider fan too. And yes they too will win multiple Super Bowls!

Hellcrooner
08-02-2009, 10:32 PM
wath Davis beinjured 50 games aseason till his massive contract expires.

see Gordon, Thorntorn and Griffin walk out as soon as rrokie contract and qualifying offer year are oer or be tradded for srewed up guys

see kaman asking out,,,

the only thing that ould save them is if Lebron decided to join them next year.

Basketballguy87
08-02-2009, 10:38 PM
They need to fix there front office before we can have this conversation.

famousone2323
08-02-2009, 10:42 PM

ha ha ha ha that shi t is funny i dont even think they can beat Uconn or tennese lol.... are u freaken serious dude its the f u cken clippers they will never be any good is like saying the lions or nationals are going to be any good :D

Skylander14
08-02-2009, 10:48 PM
Wayy tooo long to read! but I did notice craig smith at SF??? wierd cuz he never played that position and is built like a tank and bout as quick as one, you must work for the clips front office cuz u really dont know too much bout basketball

DetroitRipCity
08-02-2009, 10:48 PM
ha ha ha ha that shi t is funny i dont even think they can beat Uconn or tennese lol.... are u freaken serious dude its the f u cken clippers they will never be any good is like saying the lions or nationals are going to be any good :D

hey hey hey lay off the lions we have seriously beefed the team Defence up this year with

-Larry Foote
-Julian Peterson
-Phillip Buchanon
-Anthony Henry

not going crazy like the OP but i have a feeling that the lions will win 7 to 9 games this year and miss the playoffs but we can only go up because we FINALLY fired matt millen

ARMIN12NBA
08-02-2009, 10:53 PM
hey hey hey lay off the lions we have seriously beefed the team Defence up this year with

-Larry Foote
-Julian Peterson
-Phillip Buchanon
-Anthony Henry

not going crazy like the OP but i have a feeling that the lions will win 7 to 9 games this year and miss the playoffs but we can only go up because we FINALLY fired matt millen

I'm pretty sure you guys can only go up because of the fact that winning 1 game the entire season would be an improvement. :laugh: <-- No offense muh man. I actually love the combo of Stafford and Johnson for the future.

RLundi
08-02-2009, 10:57 PM
when did bill simmons make a psd account?

rofl!

JJ81
08-02-2009, 11:01 PM
No. Get over it.

Kobe4Life
08-02-2009, 11:03 PM

This team already will threat to make the playoffs. And when they do make the 7th or 8th seed, it will help put these young guys on that stage to get a feel for how to play together when the games matter. But other than that, next season doesn’t really matter. There are only a few things Clipper fans have to look forward to next season:
2) Watch Blake Griffin run a charity for raising awareness on Albinos, even though he’s not Albino himself (close though).
3) Try and spot Baron Davis at fast food joints in LA a couple of hours before the home games
4) Watch Mike Dunleavy’s face cringe about 10-15 times a game when he sees Davis break a play Dunleavy spent the whole night creating with his son Coby, and then call a timeout, to pull out Davis or let him think about what he did, when in reality Davis just wanted to rest off the Double Whooper not mixing well in his belly.
5) Watch Ricky Davis try to fill in Baron’s shoes for play-breaking-shots while Baron’s on the bench, who is also secretly trying to get himself to sit back down on the bench just so he could talk with Marcus Camby about which club do they wanna do lines at next.
6) Watch Mark Madsen vigorously cheer on his teammates jumping on DeAndre Jordan’s shoulders (who has this “man don’t f-ing touch me” look on his face) after a 20 foot fade away jumper by Al Thorton who cut the deficit to 17.

But after the lost season next year, an already foregone conclusion, things start looking really good, really fast. Next summer, for the first time in the franchise’s history Bill Murray won’t be calling Donald Sterling to ask if the head coaching job’s available because he wants to film a mockumentary called Groundhog Day 2, trying to convince Sterling that, “Hey, we’re gonna lose, but at least we can try and have our fans in stitches.”

It’s clear the trades the Clippers made this summer were just to free up cap space for 2010. That adds up to $21.5 million cut off the payroll. And that excludes the money Mike Dunleavy will be reeling in from Rogaine commercials as well as the 3-4 million cut off the payroll this summer with Brian Skinner (the clipper legend), Steve Novak (Legend in the YMCA gyms), Alex Acker (a name that’s oddly not worth trying to pronounce), and Fred Jones (a walking bet which NBA players have an over/under for when he’s out of the league) all becoming free agents.

The biggest regret is the Baron Davis signing, an aging, fat, repulsive, chemistry-breaking, Drumsticks-belly-aching, Jello-butt-shaking, brittle-bones-breaking point guard signed to a lucrative 5 year contract (can you imagine him and Elton signed? The fans should thank Elton for sticking the knife in their backs). But he still is fringe (not fridge) all-star who can lead a team in the playoffs.

That’s their core. Everyone else should and will be tradeable over next season. They surely can’t keep both Eric Gordon and Al “one-trick-pony” Thornton. They’re both score first players. And with Blake Griffin in the front court, how necessary is it to have Kaman’s post moves?

I say keep Gordon, lose Thornton. Trade him away for a Shane Battier-type-player. Trade Kaman to the Bulls for Kirk Hinrich. Sign Joel Pryzbilla in 2010. Sign a solid backup shooting guard like Roger Mason. Then go after your superstar with about 18 million in your wallet.

SF ? / Shane Battier

Are there any NBA superstars available in 2010 who play the small forward position? Huh? What’s that? That’s right baby – Matt Harping.

Of course, the Clippers could try different scenarios in which they go after a different superstar that plays the guard – Dwyane Wade (Pinch me Chocolate Jesus!) or Joe Johnson (more likely, but still oozing with awesomeness), and then try to work trades that make it easier to slot him in the lineup. But I say Matt Harping would do wonders. The Clippers are primed to make multiple WCF appearance and maybe even win a championship or two. Let me repeat that to emphasize the dawning basketball revolution which is about to take place, THE CLIPPERS are PRIMED to make MULTIPLE WCF appearances and maybe win A CHAMPIONSHIP or two. Matt Harping will be the biggest savior since Jesus.

Theres another sports website for retards go search it.

magichatnumber9
08-02-2009, 11:03 PM
I think this thread could cure a disease with the power of super laughter.

DaPrimeTime21
08-02-2009, 11:05 PM
if by WCF you mean Western Conference F.uck-ups than yes. They will.:smoking:

Young and Stupid
08-02-2009, 11:09 PM
if by WCF you mean Western Conference F.uck-ups than yes. They will.:smoking:

:rimshot:

famousone2323
08-02-2009, 11:14 PM

-Larry Foote
-Julian Peterson
-Phillip Buchanon
-Anthony Henry

Lions -- will win 4 games
Pistons-- will miss the playoffs
Tigers-- will miss the playoffs
Red Wings-- already lost the cup

ARMIN12NBA
08-02-2009, 11:15 PM
Lions -- will win 4 games
Pistons-- will miss the playoffs
Tigers-- will miss the playoffs
Red Wings-- already lost the cup

Ouch.

Tommyh1331
08-02-2009, 11:42 PM
that sig is sweet tommy

Thanks Ripcity I like yours too, its always good to see shaq getting sh.it on

PurpleJesus
08-02-2009, 11:54 PM
you really think craig smith can play SF? you are strongly mistaken...this clippers team reminds me of the team that had Darius Miles, Lamar Odom, Elton Brand, Quentin Richardson, and so on and so on.

Grizz/Cowboys09
08-02-2009, 11:57 PM

-Larry Foote
-Julian Peterson
-Phillip Buchanon
-Anthony Henry

LMAO

7-9? riiiiight

between this post and the original post in this thread, I had to make my first post because even though I'm hopelessly optimistic for my Grizzlies, I would never make a statement saying the Grizzlies would make the Conference Finals several times within the next decade...and the Clippers have been a losing franchise for decades longer than the Grizzlies

anyways, good luck....you two have some HIGH aspirations

I run NY
08-03-2009, 12:09 AM
Isn't this the same ******** clippers fan were saying last year!?

TheHoopsProphet
08-03-2009, 10:46 AM
Im not a Clipper fan! I'd rather be a fan of Chlamydia than a fan of the Clippers! But you guys are right, they need to fire Mike "what-can-I-do-today-to-make-myself-look-like-a-lamenting-alcoholic-whose-living-paycheck-to-paycheck-after-my-wife-left-me" Dunleavy before they can be taken seriously. But chances of that are slim, still, all he does is make it slightly harder for the inevitability of them making a few trips to the WCFs.

Hustla23
08-03-2009, 10:49 AM

LMAO that was mean

tp13baby
08-03-2009, 10:59 AM

SF ? / Shane Battier

umm dwayne would want to go to a winning team that can compete now.
la isn't there and won't be there for at least 3 years.
matt harpring isn't a superstar. he is an instigator that pisses every one off.
why would joe travel across the country to play there?
they will not make the western conference.
you expect them to get everyone and it wont happen.
you will be in the luxury tax if everything does happen.
no championships for the clippers in about 8 years if that.

IAMLordRaider
08-03-2009, 11:13 AM

SF ? / Shane Battier

Clippers are not making any playoffs as long as Mike Dunleavy is coaching. That dude is the worst coach of any coach in the NBA. His record proves it.

SportsManiacSJ
08-03-2009, 11:28 AM
"4) Watch Mike Dunleavy’s face cringe about 10-15 times a game when he sees Davis break a play Dunleavy spent the whole night creating with his son Coby, and then call a timeout, to pull out Davis or let him think about what he did, when in reality Davis just wanted to rest off the Double Whooper not mixing well in his belly."

did you just say his son is Coby?? as in coby karl??????????

bal_ravens
08-03-2009, 11:32 AM
You are assuming they don't give out any stupid contracts, players don't get serious injuries, Blake Griffin panning out and players actually wanting to go to the Clippers.

ramz.n
08-03-2009, 11:50 AM

HAHA! great read.. but honestly the clips wont make the playoffs..i don't see any of the teams who made it last year falling out of the playoffs..even phoenix couldn't make the playoffs..so in order to even get one of the 8th spots u need to get past 9th.

JRisdabest
08-03-2009, 12:04 PM
i agree with this guy...they have a good team and next yr they will have enough money to get a few all stars.

king4day
08-03-2009, 01:10 PM
If the Clippers could land Lebron (not unrealistic), then they would be a lot of fun to watch.

Toenail Clipper
08-03-2009, 07:25 PM
I guess now that the Western conference sucks balls, they can rise and dethrone the Lakers.
LMAO
YAY

FaceDown91
08-03-2009, 07:30 PM
too much fail in the OP

dee279
08-03-2009, 07:31 PM
"4) Watch Mike Dunleavy’s face cringe about 10-15 times a game when he sees Davis break a play Dunleavy spent the whole night creating with his son Coby, and then call a timeout, to pull out Davis or let him think about what he did, when in reality Davis just wanted to rest off the Double Whooper not mixing well in his belly."

did you just say his son is Coby?? as in coby karl??????????

I was thinkin the same thing actually.

KB24PG16
08-03-2009, 07:36 PM
people these days :pity:

smith&wesson
08-03-2009, 09:55 PM
[QUOTE=TheHoopsProphet;10394575]Current Roster for next season:

SF ? / Shane Battier

lol tell me why option A looks better ???

baron davis has skills man
erice gordons gonna be a stud.
al thornton will be a good player
blake griffin is very promicing
camby and kaman are ligit centres.
give them a chance. they can be good.

Bausman
08-03-2009, 10:09 PM

SF ? / Shane Battier

Mike Dunleaveys sons name is actually Mike Dunleavey. Colby is George Karls son. They need to fire Mike Dunleavey before they think about making the playoffs. They need a new coach but I dont think he will fire himself.

Jay22Redd
08-03-2009, 10:12 PM
It's the Clippers dude. Even for some reason they manage to put together the greatest team of all time, they will find some reason to **** it all up.

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: