PDA

View Full Version : Was Stephon Marbury treated fairly???

Missing56&33
08-02-2009, 08:16 PM
Ever since Stephon Marbury decided to air his 24/7 live broadcast people have been critisizing, joking and talking badly about Stephon Marbury. Calling the guy crazy, saying hes on drugs and basically a nut case. But until you walked in a mans shoes I think its unfair to criticize some actions because we are all human.

Coming out of Ga Tech Steph was a high first round draft pick with big expectations once he got to the NBA. He was never very articulate when it came to the media and choosing the right things to say but his game has always been played at a high NBA level. I think most of his career hes been judged based on his comments and not his play.

His rookie year in Minnesota he avg 15ppg and 8 apg...thats really impressive for a rookie... and help lead that team to the playoffs in two years while he was a member. He gets traded to NJ for Terrell Brandon....long story short...Brandon was a bust, Marbury was blamed for hurting the team....KG, McHale and many others all failed...but I guess thats Marbury's fault too. :eyebrow: ....mentally that has to effect you as a player hoping to be the answer to a struggling franchise.

He puts up fantastic numbers in NJ, makes the all star team and seem to have found a home for a while but he was traded because Jason Kidd beat up his wife.....Marbury's fault I guess....So Marbury is shipped to Phoenix and Kidd to NJ. Ok Kidd did well in NJ but did he win a championship? Stephon with time and the addition of key players could have been successful but he was bailed on...with all the success NJ had with Kidd they didn't get over the hump and now they are all gone. Mentally that has to mess with your head a little bit more.

He plays well in Phoenx, puts up good numbers , makes the all star team and playoffs but soon after that hes traded again to NY. This was done mainly due to the Suns wanting Steve Nash....to make a long story short....Yeah SN has won some games but the goal was never reached and whose to say Marbury couldn't have done it. Nash winning a championship in Phoenx is long shot now......Even though he was happy to be coming back to NY mentally hes wearing down.

He puts up good numbers in NY but under bad management and even worse coaching Stephon Marbury is mentally and emotionally drained. So many coaches, so many different teammates, so many different offenses, so many different personalities. Finally to be benched his final year in NY without giving a chance to play had to be even more demorilizing and mentally draining.

Finally he gets to play in Boston and does as well as a player can do that hasn't played in over a year....maintaining good spirit and being in great shape he was again productive and made a positive contribution but with KG out the team wasn't the same but I guess thats Marbury fault too. Really there is no reason why he shouldn't be playing with the Celts right now.

I think hes made poor choices and said some things that wasn't right but to his defense hes been blamed for a lot and not received the proper coaching, management, and guidance that he should have had. We all come from different backgrounds but I think Stephon Marbury was judged many times for his background and not his play on the court.

So in the end if the man wantsto make a live broadcast and have some fun with it, hes coo- coo but after what hes been through maybe we can have some compassion for the guy. thoughts?

Hustla23
08-02-2009, 08:19 PM
I don't understand how anyone can sympathize with a guy who is worth hundreds of millions of dollars and is just a complete idiot.

I used to be a Stephon fan , but sometimes enough is enough.

arkanian215
08-02-2009, 08:26 PM
i cannot sympathize with that clown. if i had to pick between kidd and marbury again i know who id pick 100/100 times.

Teeboy1487
08-02-2009, 08:30 PM
I'm sorry, but the eating Vaseline part was too over the top for me. That was so disgusting. Stephon's behavior during these live videos has been erratic. Any team who signs him now will definitely raise some eyebrows.

TheCooLKid2020
08-02-2009, 08:44 PM
People hate him for being different

Spurred1
08-02-2009, 08:51 PM
I think you are making too many excuses for him. Honestly, I think he's had enough chances to prove his worth to a franchise. Sometimes crappy situations you happen to be in are of your own making.

The GEEEEE Men
08-02-2009, 09:10 PM
Hey he's the one who WANTS all the attention obviously by having live feeds so he's getting what he asked for... but I do respect the man for coming out with Starbury... Making shoes for kids at cheap prices and just giving back to people who are less fortunate... much respect for that

PJAF
08-02-2009, 09:29 PM
Ever since Stephon Marbury decided to air his 24/7 live broadcast people have been critisizing, joking and talking badly about Stephon Marbury. Calling the guy crazy, saying hes on drugs and basically a nut case. But until you walked in a mans shoes I think its unfair to criticize some actions because we are all human.

Coming out of Ga Tech Steph was a high first round draft pick with big expectations once he got to the NBA. He was never very articulate when it came to the media and choosing the right things to say but his game has always been played at a high NBA level. I think most of his career hes been judged based on his comments and not his play.

His rookie year in Minnesota he avg 15ppg and 8 apg...thats really impressive for a rookie... and help lead that team to the playoffs in two years while he was a member. He gets traded to NJ for Terrell Brandon....long story short...Brandon was a bust, Marbury was blamed for hurting the team....KG, McHale and many others all failed...but I guess thats Marbury's fault too. :eyebrow: ....mentally that has to effect you as a player hoping to be the answer to a struggling franchise.

He puts up fantastic numbers in NJ, makes the all star team and seem to have found a home for a while but he was traded because Jason Kidd beat up his wife.....Marbury's fault I guess....So Marbury is shipped to Phoenix and Kidd to NJ. Ok Kidd did well in NJ but did he win a championship? Stephon with time and the addition of key players could have been successful but he was bailed on...with all the success NJ had with Kidd they didn't get over the hump and now they are all gone. Mentally that has to mess with your head a little bit more.

He plays well in Phoenx, puts up good numbers , makes the all star team and playoffs but soon after that hes traded again to NY. This was done mainly due to the Suns wanting Steve Nash....to make a long story short....Yeah SN has won some games but the goal was never reached and whose to say Marbury couldn't have done it. Nash winning a championship in Phoenx is long shot now......Even though he was happy to be coming back to NY mentally hes wearing down.

He puts up good numbers in NY but under bad management and even worse coaching Stephon Marbury is mentally and emotionally drained. So many coaches, so many different teammates, so many different offenses, so many different personalities. Finally to be benched his final year in NY without giving a chance to play had to be even more demorilizing and mentally draining.

Finally he gets to play in Boston and does as well as a player can do that hasn't played in over a year....maintaining good spirit and being in great shape he was again productive and made a positive contribution but with KG out the team wasn't the same but I guess thats Marbury fault too. Really there is no reason why he shouldn't be playing with the Celts right now.

I think hes made poor choices and said some things that wasn't right but to his defense hes been blamed for a lot and not received the proper coaching, management, and guidance that he should have had. We all come from different backgrounds but I think Stephon Marbury was judged many times for his background and not his play on the court.

So in the end if the man wantsto make a live broadcast and have some fun with it, hes coo- coo but after what hes been through maybe we can have some compassion for the guy. thoughts?

I agree with everything you said. To answer your question, no he was not treated fairly and will never be treated fairly especially in NY and because of NY. Sad when a guys dream comes true and he plays for his hometown team that has been his dream since a kid and gets run out of town by Isaiah and Mike D. I believe there is and will be redemption for Marbury if someone will just give him a chance.

Draco
08-02-2009, 10:35 PM

Or maybe he was happy to simply collect a massive paycheck. If I were an NBA player I'd use some of that ginormous chunk of cash to hire personal trainers or coaches or whomever could help me in areas I needed work on.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-02-2009, 11:36 PM
He hasn't learned so no.

I do feel sorry for him but he isn't stopping and continues his stupidness.

29$JerZ
08-02-2009, 11:41 PM
He came into the NBA a talented player. He didn't want to be the 2nd star in Minny so he wanted out. He didn't lead a team to anything anywhere he went. He went to his hometown NY and got us to the playoffs but were swept. He had sex with an intern, fought with every coach and decided that he was still a top PG despite being injured a lot and being stagnant on the court.

Of course he has done some good outside the court but the negaitves out weight the good.

He was treated that way for how he acted.

jrodmesche
08-02-2009, 11:56 PM
noooooo not at all

Missing56&33
08-13-2009, 02:32 PM
after its all said and done, I think Stephon Marbury will end up back in Boston. I think the players will pull for his return.

Raoul Duke
08-13-2009, 02:42 PM
How can anyone feel sorry for such a narcissist? The guy has been "me-first" since before his NBA career even started. He's ignorant and selfish and full of himself.

I don't know anything about his background or where he grew up and came from, and frankly I could care less. I can guarantee that there are lots of guys in the NBA who had it much worse and can still handle themselves with some class.

ewing
08-13-2009, 02:53 PM
People hate him for being different

people hate him b/c he acts like a jerk a lot. He's the type of guy that walks out on an NBA basketball floor with the words "all alone" written on his shoes and then blames everyone in the world when he becomes one of the league's have nots himself. He's the type of guy who will put up the effort to maintain his numbers on a bad team but go under every screen for 82 games. I respect the good things he has done his money but the effort he put in while earning it and the way he treated his peers in the NBA says a lot about who is too

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-13-2009, 03:03 PM
Stephon Marbury used to be a beast. Now he's a bit loco!

ctitus45
08-13-2009, 03:04 PM
yes he was treated unfairly to a cetaint extent..but he didn't help out his own cause. He can't put 100% blame on the Knicks..he has to look at himself in the mirror, grub on some vasaline, check his Starbury stock...and think of how he helped himself to overcome adversity.

cwilson21
08-13-2009, 03:09 PM
How can anyone sympathize with that loser? He and Garnett would've been one of the best 1-2 combo's in the NBA for over a decade if he wasn't such a selfish prick.

KnicksPain
08-13-2009, 04:09 PM
Im pretty sure Doc Rivers said they would welcome him back but STEPH is the one who wanted to go somewhere else for a more important role and possibly more money........And then he ate vaseline.

Basketballguy87
08-13-2009, 05:24 PM
He is washed up, passed his prime, and wines too much!
Nuff-Said

Toenail Clipper
08-13-2009, 07:13 PM
I would sympathize Allen Iverson.
Just one bad season, then BAM
He is the worst NBA player ever and no one is willing to sign him.
wooohooo.

showtym24
08-13-2009, 07:35 PM
Sorry this **** is hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b0wC8PG8G8

Giaps
08-14-2009, 09:50 AM
Stephon was one of my most favorite players before he came to the Knicks and then he became my favorite player once we got him. I gave him more than a shot... now I cannot stand the sight of the guy. That should tell you something... his biggest fans can't stand him anymore.

KnicksR4Real
08-14-2009, 10:00 AM
The guy was a great player and we were *******s to him but he kept on talking.

Ironman5219
08-14-2009, 10:21 AM
Look at the way he treats fans and teammates, he's a selfish me first guy. Its simple treat people the way you want to be treated. He acts like a horses butt, he's treated like a horses butt.

ballinbalkman32
08-14-2009, 10:48 AM
steph had skills, I don't feel sorry for him at all or think he was treated unfairly, all his problems are due to his on issues/problems, I don't know if dude is really craze or if it's a front...either way if you eat vaseline sumthin aint right

Reddd
08-14-2009, 01:13 PM
he had it, with "me first" attitude he blew it.

69centers
08-14-2009, 01:21 PM
We offered him a vet's minimum and he refused. He felt he could get more elsewhere. Guess that hasn't happened yet for him, huh?

Luv Da New Pack
08-14-2009, 01:26 PM
Do me a favor. Close your eyes.....and picture Marbury with a championship ring and see if your stomach doesn't churn or you throw up a little in your mouth.

The 2 people arguing for him don't seem to know anything about class and being professional in regards to professional athletes. Marbury has been a cancer everywhere he's gone and only has proven that teams get better when he leaves. Forces way out of Minny (1st poster stating otherwise....I don't even know how to respond to such idiocy) siting one of the reasons is "it's too cold" (jealousy). NJN....leaves (Finals twice). PHX (only good thing Marbury did was the highlight when, I believe, Amare threw down a sick dunk and they showed Marbury walking back with disgusted look stating "DAMN!!!)...leaves....do I really have to explain what happened to them? NYC...flies across USA and buys court side tickets to heckle franchise and "teammates" (believe in LA). Totally sucked my desire for Celtics to win it (not a Kobe fan but ANYTHING to keep Celtics from winning). What happened to he can go overseas and play? Haven't heard anything about it since the threat was made (I was ecstatic). As stated above....people who were legitimate fans of his are like "whatever" and sick of him and his antics.

Do I really have to go into his show?

There are other people who have been perceived villainous and have done a lot less than he has done......

WHERE IS THEIR THREAD?

ko8e24
08-14-2009, 01:31 PM
we don't know the exact situation of what occurred between the knicks and starbury, so its hard to tell. Most of it could have been false since the New York media has a tendency of spicing things up a bit.

MSG34
08-14-2009, 01:33 PM
Stephon was one of my most favorite players before he came to the Knicks and then he became my favorite player once we got him. I gave him more than a shot... now I cannot stand the sight of the guy. That should tell you something... his biggest fans can't stand him anymore.

Same with me. There's a reason why teammates, coaches and GMs don't want anything to do with him. Marbury was not the victim. I don't feel bad for him at all. It's too bad because he had all the talent to be a great player.

dhalvarez
08-14-2009, 01:40 PM
I don't think that Marbury was ever treated fairly.

...hope that the "Curse of the Knicks" doesn't stick to him forever!

WillisLovechild
08-14-2009, 01:45 PM
Okay, let's see what makes him crazy.
1)Tatoo on his head
2)Vaseline is a fixture in his diet
3)Apparently I tried to put him in a box

What is particularly surprising to me is the part about boxes. While I have many plastic boxes lying around for storage purposes, I at no point attempted to put him in one. While I think he could probably fit, the fact remains that I never saw anyone try to put him in one. Hell, most of my boxes are full already anyway, so there's no room. I don't understand that part.

DerekRE_3
08-14-2009, 02:02 PM
Even if he wasn't, he got compensated pretty damn well for however the Knicks may have "wronged" him. The Knicks paid him him about $88 million over 5 years. :speechless: He's made 130 mil in his career off of salary alone.