PDA

View Full Version : Which up and coming young Star has the ability to be the leagues best player spot?

TannerOwnsDevin
08-02-2009, 05:28 PM
It seems like LeBron will hold the fort or best player title in the next 5-7 years, he's unquestionably better than Kobe already and I dont think Kobe will magically return to his 2005,2006 form. Wade is quite possibly right there with him, but given Wade's history with injuries, im kinda iffy about giving Wade the honor. So, If there's one player out there in the few years that can seriously challenge Lebron, which player is it?

Brandon Roy? seems like a legitimate option. he's young, offensively explosive, has a very natural feel for the game and has the team/pieces to make things easier for him.

Dwight Howard? Another dominant player in Lebron's level. no one in this league can make a 20 pt, 20 rebound and 4 bpg look as easy like Howard. Like Roy, he too has a great organization willing to build on him.

Kevin Durant? Now this guy is my pick. He's much more talented than Bron offensively. He reminds me of Tracy McGrady when TMAC was yound and healthy. on the plus side, Durant appears to also have the desire and work ethic to be one if not the best player in the league. And the best thing about KD is he loves taking the big shot (unlike Bron during his early years) he's not scared to fail which is one of the mark of great players.

Chris Paul? We have'nt had a PG who ruled the league since Magic Johnson. Cp3 has an uncanny decision making skill, he can score at will, has the heart of Iverson and is a great competitor. All traits . If there's one player under 6'3 that can take the league by storm, undeniably its CP3.

Other possible candidates

Derrick Rose-Bulls wave of the future could be a 26ppg 8 asp, 5 rpg type of player and with a great cast.

Andrew Bynum-Long shot. As long as Kobe's the man and Pau Gasol is Robin, Bynum will be known as that third or fourth best player. But if some type of injury happens to either Kobe or Pau and Bynum gets to strut his stuff, I think his potential to become a dominant player is noteworthy. He did average 20 ppg, 11 rpg, 2 bpg under 30 minutes before he went down with an injury two years ago.

Blake Griffin- unknown quantity at this point, but being that he's just selected as a #1 overall pick, id have to give him a benefit of a doubt that he can be a very special player.

Draco
08-02-2009, 05:32 PM
Durant as good--or better?!?!--than LeBron?

-- It’s being whispered now among NBA types because, I believe, under a secret NBA/ESPN provision you are not permitted to say aloud anything that might be interpreted to suggest LeBron James isn’t the best thing to ever happen in anyone’s life. But sitting in the stands in Las Vegas at the USA Basketball mini-camp and hearing NBA coaches and general managers, the gasps have been for Oklahoma City’s Kevin Durant. I’ve now heard more than one say Durant could be a better player than James given Durant’s combination of amazing size at about 6-10 and pure shooting stroke. And he’s still 20. The feeling is Durant is on the brink of being a 30 per game scorer. Plus, Durant is a serious worker. The Bulls' Derrick Rose has become close with Durant and the two have worked out together considerably this summer. Said Rose, who is five days younger than Durant: “KD is great. He’s real talented. I look at him as like a big brother to me even though we’re the same age. He’s been in the league longer. He’s a great talent, 6-10 guy who can dribble, shoot like a guard. He’s going to be a great talent in the league.”
http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith_090727.html

mikantsass
08-02-2009, 05:36 PM
I say CP3. You could probably put Rose in that list too

itsripcity32
08-02-2009, 05:40 PM
theres 10+ years of lebron left so the next lbj is not drafted yet

Gideon
08-02-2009, 05:41 PM
Kevin Durant!

TannerOwnsDevin
08-02-2009, 05:44 PM
I say CP3. You could probably put Rose in that list too

I did.

Hawkeye15
08-02-2009, 05:46 PM
LeBron is 24. Nobody that is playing right now, imo.

CowboysKB24
08-02-2009, 05:47 PM
Kobe Bryant is the best player in the league.

LeBron has done nothing but average 30pts, 7rbs, 7asts... he lost in the finals and lost to the underdog Magic this past year. He has been upsetting thus far considering the opportunities given to him.

Kobe has four rings. He was MVP not last season but the season before - so hopefully he does not return to 2008 FORM ( I don't know why I said that because Kobe has not gotten worse, he is a smarter player and realizes the whole team needs to play well rather than just himself)!!! It is obvious you hate Kobe. LeBron has a ways to go before he is the best. He is an OUTSTANDING player, but has yet to do anything. It is a hard fact to face as a fan of him, I know, but it is true. He has done NOTHING yet. I'm sorry.

Sorry buddy but it is
1. Kobe Bryant (4 rings, MVP, finals MVP)
2. Wade (ring, finals MVP)
3. Bron Bron (MVP)

How is LeBron the best? He has done NOTHING!

CowboysKB24
08-02-2009, 05:51 PM
Every analysts and non-biased person believes Kobe is the best player in the world. He just won the championship and finals MVP for goodness sake. He is in his PRIME right now. Jordan won his final ring at 33! Kobe is 30! Jordan was putting up 28pts, 6 rebounds, an 3.5 assts and his team was dominating. That was not nearly one of his best seasons. It is a team game, LeBron can put up all the numbers he wants, if he doesn't bring the ring home... it does not matter one bit. Champions and championships are the only things remembered in sports. And A-holes!

Draco
08-02-2009, 05:53 PM
For now I'll go with Durant as the favorite for possibly replacing Lebron as the leagues best player.

blazers21
08-02-2009, 05:54 PM
b -roy is improving his game.

itsripcity32
08-02-2009, 06:21 PM
Every analysts and non-biased person believes Kobe is the best player in the world. He just won the championship and finals MVP for goodness sake. He is in his PRIME right now. Jordan won his final ring at 33! Kobe is 30! Jordan was putting up 28pts, 6 rebounds, an 3.5 assts and his team was dominating. That was not nearly one of his best seasons. It is a team game, LeBron can put up all the numbers he wants, if he doesn't bring the ring home... it does not matter one bit. Champions and championships are the only things remembered in sports. And A-holes!

look at the bold and the sig

how ironic..

Shahrose
08-02-2009, 06:26 PM

LeBron has done nothing but average 30pts, 7rbs, 7asts... he lost in the finals and lost to the underdog Magic this past year. He has been upsetting thus far considering the opportunities given to him.

Kobe has four rings. He was MVP not last season but the season before - so hopefully he does not return to 2008 FORM ( I don't know why I said that because Kobe has not gotten worse, he is a smarter player and realizes the whole team needs to play well rather than just himself)!!! It is obvious you hate Kobe. LeBron has a ways to go before he is the best. He is an OUTSTANDING player, but has yet to do anything. It is a hard fact to face as a fan of him, I know, but it is true. He has done NOTHING yet. I'm sorry.

Sorry buddy but it is
3. Bron Bron (MVP)

excellent point
but from that list, i voted Durant

tland22
08-02-2009, 06:26 PM
gotta go with Paul... he is gunna match a seemingly unbreakable record John Stockton holds...assist and steals records...not to mention CP3 is an OUTSTANDING scoring PG at the same time he is doing everything else. He avgd 23PPG last season...and he was only 23yrs old two months ago...scary

5+7=DYNASTY!!!
08-02-2009, 06:30 PM

Sorry buddy but it is
3. Bron Bron (MVP)

Except carry average teams deep into the playoffs.

Hawkeye15
08-02-2009, 06:32 PM

Sorry buddy but it is
3. Bron Bron (MVP)

there is a current thread for your nonsense, go check it out. Have a nice day

MajorFloridaFan
08-02-2009, 06:34 PM
i think whats going to be interesting is Dwight howard and lebron battling it out in the eastern conf finals for yeeears

CowboysKB24
08-02-2009, 06:42 PM
Except carry average teams deep into the playoffs.

Cavs had the best regular season record last season.

TannerOwnsDevin
08-02-2009, 06:50 PM
Cavs had the best regular season record last season.

please state your opinion on why kobe is still the best on the other thread. pls respect the thread.

CowboysKB24
08-02-2009, 06:51 PM
there is a current thread for your nonsense, go check it out. Have a nice day

I am not being biased.

I like LeBron he is a great player, but he has yet to do anything! You hate Kobe, we all know it. Remember you famous quote "Kobe will never win a championship without Shaq. He is not good and will never win another ring." You were proven wrong and now you still are hating. LeBron is disgusting just not the best yet.

TannerOwnsDevin
08-02-2009, 06:52 PM
i think whats going to be interesting is Dwight howard and lebron battling it out in the eastern conf finals for yeeears

i do too. i think there's already a bad blood among the two teams (not necessarily lebron and dwight themselves). it would be an epic showdown next season between them. i wont be surprise if people start calling dwight as the better player if orlando beats the cavaliers again.

Hawkeye15
08-02-2009, 06:55 PM
I am not being biased.

I like LeBron he is a great player, but he has yet to do anything! You hate Kobe, we all know it. Remember you famous quote "Kobe will never win a championship without Shaq. He is not good and will never win another ring." You were proven wrong and now you still are hating. LeBron is disgusting just not the best yet.

I don not hate Kobe. I stated an opinion, sure. But as usual, a Laker fan overlooks the countless statements I have made supporting Mr Bryant, and dwells on one where I questioned him, HUGE surprise.
The #1 player thread is going on right now. Move you're argument for Kobe over there. The question, whether you think Kobe, LeBron, or JJ Redick is the best player, is which player will overtake them. Move on brother.

Toenail Clipper
08-02-2009, 06:57 PM
The answer to this question is OJ Mayo.
He has the best stroke and he will be the next Kobe.
When LeBron gets an injury, I hope he will, LeBron will suck and his name will be long forgotten

MajorFloridaFan
08-02-2009, 06:57 PM
the only reason i think dwight could be the best....is he has the ability to change all aspects of the game that dont even show up on the stat sheet...
Clogs the lane so lebron doesnt like to drive on dwight i asked him at a camp...not a big deal...he chuckled and said i rather drive into a wall then let him pound me.....but i still do it anyway..Dwight has numbers not achieved since the first dominant bigs in the 60's and 70's......20 20 and 8 or 20 17 9....big men just dont get the credit
Dwight controls the Defense and defense whens championships but LBJ is the man right now...wait till dwight gets a lil more of a post game ups his ft average and he can easily score 27 a game get 14 rebounds and 3 blocks a game i think will be his ultimate potential is the little things that dont show up on the stat sheet is what makes him arguably the next best thing

Burkey3472
08-02-2009, 07:01 PM
Whenever Durant gets his man body, he might have a chance to pass Lebron.

J_M_B
08-02-2009, 07:07 PM
Nobody on that list or the NBA for that matter is going to pass LeBron for the best player in the league. James is only 24 years old and not even reached his prime yet. He's still improving his game and will dominate the NBA for roughly another decade.

Though if I had to chose I'll pick Kevin Durant. He already has a better offensive game then LeBron, but doesn't have the quickness and man body James has. Durant needs to bulk up, so he can grab a couple extra rebounds per game.

I'm not sold that Durant would ever have the all around game that Lebron has. He needs to become a better defender, passer, and rebounder. Durant for sure is going to win a couple of scoring titles. He won't be better than LeBron, but is the closest thing to him. But what the heck do I know anyways? I'm just a normal guy that posts on PSD everyday.:D

CowboysKB24
08-02-2009, 07:09 PM
I don not hate Kobe. I stated an opinion, sure. But as usual, a Laker fan overlooks the countless statements I have made supporting Mr Bryant, and dwells on one where I questioned him, HUGE surprise.
The #1 player thread is going on right now. Move you're argument for Kobe over there. The question, whether you think Kobe, LeBron, or JJ Redick is the best player, is which player will overtake them. Move on brother.

In this thread it says LeBron is "unquestionably" better than Kobe. I made an argument. I am not being a pain and making uneducated remarks. You made a remark about one of my posts against that.

MajorFloridaFan
08-02-2009, 07:10 PM
Dwight is 23

Hawkeye15
08-02-2009, 07:17 PM
In this thread it says LeBron is "unquestionably" better than Kobe. I made an argument. I am not being a pain and making uneducated remarks. You made a remark about one of my posts against that.

fair enough. I guess its assumed by many, that none of the young guys will surpass LeBron, since he is already argued to be the best in the world, and he is a young guy.
peace bro

dee279
08-02-2009, 07:19 PM
Isnt Lebron on like 1 year older then Roy? Neway i say Durant.

MajorFloridaFan
08-02-2009, 07:19 PM
fair enough. I guess its assumed by many, that none of the young guys will surpass LeBron, since he is already argued to be the best in the world, and he is a young guy.
peace bro

dont like that sarcasm

dee279
08-02-2009, 07:20 PM
Durant is already a top 5 player in my book.

theuuord
08-02-2009, 07:21 PM
None of them, but Durant has the best chance.

arkanian215
08-02-2009, 07:23 PM
lol these threads always turn into lebron vs kobe thing... god.

MajorFloridaFan
08-02-2009, 07:25 PM
Dwight Wins DVOY and he isnt even mentioned much....seemed like everyone loved dwight in the playoffs now they are back to hating lead the league in blocks and rebounds i mean come on he is the third of 4th best player right now

CowboysKB24
08-02-2009, 07:27 PM
peace bro

I agree, I don't think any of the young guys will pass LeBron. I think it will be LeBron and Wade on top of the league for awhile. Durant may get up there as well, but his team is really bad right now.

CowboysKB24
08-02-2009, 07:31 PM
Dwight Wins DVOY and he isnt even mentioned much....seemed like everyone loved dwight in the playoffs now they are back to hating lead the league in blocks and rebounds i mean come on he is the third of 4th best player right now

Dwight will the best if he can get 25+ points a game along with 13 bounds and 3 blocks a game. Also his team has to be the best.

21PTS, 13.5RBs, 3BLKs is great and third place in the East
LeBron is 30pts 7bounds and 7asts with the best record in the East

He is going to beat out Dwight in many people's minds

Hawkeye15
08-02-2009, 07:31 PM
dont like that sarcasm

not that I care, but I don't even know what you are talking about.

MajorFloridaFan
08-02-2009, 07:34 PM
[QUOTE=Hawkeye15;10393054]not that I care, but I don't even know what you are talking about.[/QUOTE
you just rattle on....typically ur head is stuck up those 2 players *******

MajorFloridaFan
08-02-2009, 07:35 PM
Dwight will the best if he can get 25+ points a game along with 13 bounds and 3 blocks a game. Also his team has to be the best.

21PTS, 13.5RBs, 3BLKs is great and third place in the East
LeBron is 30pts 7bounds and 7asts with the best record in the East

He is going to beat out Dwight in many people's minds

And then who beat who!?!
all dwight has to do is improve his FT percentage and ad a move or 2 in the post

DetroitRipCity
08-02-2009, 07:40 PM
3. Bron Bron (MVP)

QFT ive been saying this since Wade won his ring

Byronicle
08-02-2009, 07:55 PM
I truly feel that Durant and Roy are the best candidates reason being...

Durant
- good shooter, can play 2 and 3
- good rebounder, good defence due to his length arms
- underrated passer
- a 6'9 Kobe Bryant just not as good

Roy
- can play the point
- amazing scorer, can drive, shoot, do it all
- mixture of Kobe and MJ just not as good

Lebron is a jack of all trades but is he a master of one? Maybe this is why he still hasn't brought Cleveland a championship, yea he can do it all great but hasn't yet mastered them or one of these skills

WadeCounty
08-02-2009, 07:55 PM
When LeBron gets an injury, I hope he will, LeBron will suck and his name will be long forgotten

I was actually thinking OJ mayo or KD, and i really do hope lebron gets a injury between lebron and wade if any of them deserved to have been the posterchild it should have been wade but his ****in injury took him away from the spotlight now people still keep doubting him. The part I hate about this summers FA miami has done NOTHING to get better and I badly want a eastern conf finals team improvement so they can play the cavs and finally the world can see wades better than lebron

CowboysKB24
08-02-2009, 08:00 PM
And then who beat who!?!
all dwight has to do is improve his FT percentage and ad a move or 2 in the post

He needs to improve his leadership more as well. I think he needs to become more vocal with his players and become a great leader. It is hard to explain, but by looking at the growth of Kobe may help. He was not a great leader when Shaq left, it took him time to do that a few years. At the beginning of the season two years ago (after the whole trade rumors stuff was going on) Kobe became a great leader. He was really helping his teammates and controlling the team more. He made his teammates better. I think Dwight needs to improve in that area. Do you understand what I am trying to say?

CowboysKB24
08-02-2009, 08:03 PM
I was actually thinking OJ mayo or KD, and i really do hope lebron gets a injury between lebron and wade if any of them deserved to have been the posterchild it should have been wade but his ****in injury took him away from the spotlight now people still keep doubting him. The part I hate about this summers FA miami has done NOTHING to get better and I badly want a eastern conf finals team improvement so they can play the cavs and finally the world can see wades better than lebron

You really hope LeBron gets injured? That is pathetic. It would ruin the entire season.

Many people do believe Wade is better than LeBron after last season. Wade's team is not as good, but Wade's numbers are just as good as LeBrons, almost identical.

Hawkeye15
08-02-2009, 08:22 PM
[QUOTE=Hawkeye15;10393054]not that I care, but I don't even know what you are talking about.[/QUOTE
you just rattle on....typically ur head is stuck up those 2 players *******

make an argument, or an actual post to respond to, and I will do so. You calling me names doesn't really leave me much to respond to. Being a computer tough guys is fun though, isn't it?

what54!?
08-02-2009, 08:31 PM
durant

97'bulls
08-02-2009, 08:51 PM
Howard would be the most dominant.

DetroitRipCity
08-02-2009, 09:16 PM
[3 posts up] Hawkeye you quoted your self in that one

Hawkeye15
08-02-2009, 09:30 PM
[3 posts up] Hawkeye you quoted your self in that one

haha, it got dragged in there, it was from another poster however.

DetroitRipCity
08-02-2009, 09:40 PM
haha, it got dragged in there, it was from another poster however.

oh lol i was just confused cause you were telling yourself not to call you names :laugh:

Hawkeye15
08-02-2009, 09:51 PM
oh lol i was just confused cause you were telling yourself not to call you names :laugh:

no crap, hahaha. That is funny now that I look at it. Hey, I like to talk smack to myself, what are you gonna do?

todu82
08-02-2009, 11:08 PM
Dwight Howard

GeorgeMcCloud21
08-03-2009, 12:05 AM
Derrick Rose

Raps18-19 Champ
08-03-2009, 12:10 AM
Durant might have scoring over Lebron but nothing else.

And I really can't see Durant rebounding as much because he is to lanky and get more assist because he doesn't have as good ball handling.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-03-2009, 12:12 AM
Why isn't Mayo there?

He is probably the 2nd best pure scorer that is young in the league behind Durant and he can play some PG.

MSG34
08-03-2009, 12:18 AM
I'm surprised there isn't more support for Dwight Howard. He already is the leagues best defensive player and has admitted he is no where near reaching his potential. If he could develop a polished offensive game, he would be be the best player in the NBA.

BoomBaby35
08-03-2009, 12:20 AM
It seems like LeBron will hold the fort or best player title in the next 5-7 years, he's unquestionably better than Kobe already and I dont think Kobe will magically return to his 2005,2006 form. Wade is quite possibly right there with him, but given Wade's history with injuries, im kinda iffy about giving Wade the honor. So, If there's one player out there in the few years that can seriously challenge Lebron, which player is it?

Brandon Roy? seems like a legitimate option. he's young, offensively explosive, has a very natural feel for the game and has the team/pieces to make things easier for him.

Dwight Howard? Another dominant player in Lebron's level. no one in this league can make a 20 pt, 20 rebound and 4 bpg look as easy like Howard. Like Roy, he too has a great organization willing to build on him.

Kevin Durant? Now this guy is my pick. He's much more talented than Bron offensively. He reminds me of Tracy McGrady when TMAC was yound and healthy. on the plus side, Durant appears to also have the desire and work ethic to be one if not the best player in the league. And the best thing about KD is he loves taking the big shot (unlike Bron during his early years) he's not scared to fail which is one of the mark of great players.

Chris Paul? We have'nt had a PG who ruled the league since Magic Johnson. Cp3 has an uncanny decision making skill, he can score at will, has the heart of Iverson and is a great competitor. All traits . If there's one player under 6'3 that can take the league by storm, undeniably its CP3.

Other possible candidates

Derrick Rose-Bulls wave of the future could be a 26ppg 8 asp, 5 rpg type of player and with a great cast.

Andrew Bynum-Long shot. As long as Kobe's the man and Pau Gasol is Robin, Bynum will be known as that third or fourth best player. But if some type of injury happens to either Kobe or Pau and Bynum gets to strut his stuff, I think his potential to become a dominant player is noteworthy. He did average 20 ppg, 11 rpg, 2 bpg under 30 minutes before he went down with an injury two years ago.

Blake Griffin- unknown quantity at this point, but being that he's just selected as a #1 overall pick, id have to give him a benefit of a doubt that he can be a very special player.

Kevin Durant and Danny Granger, both could win a scoring title in the years to come.

loufor2
08-03-2009, 12:25 AM
I didnt read the whole thread, but are we assuming the MVP award makes him the best player in the league? I still take Kobe. My choice is Durant.... Never seen such versatility and skill.

Lol not including Magic Johnson, 6 9 pg...

RaptorsFanatic
08-03-2009, 12:44 AM
Kraft Dinner's holding this one down my friends.

Nuff' said.

blazerman
08-03-2009, 05:16 AM
I am not being biased.

Now Im not a Laker or Cavs fan though I like Kobe and LBJ as players but your keep trying to compare LBJ to Kobe through team acomplishments and that isnt fair because Kobe has had far superior teams.

Kobe had a ton of help in winning those titles with players like a young Shaq, Glen Rice, Dennis Rodman, Robert Horry,Pau Gasol,Lamar Odom,Andrew Bynum and lots of other very good players. Take Kobe off any of the 4 championship teams and they would still make the playoffs and the 3 Shaq teams win at least a series maybe 2 series.

LBJ is the Cavs, if you take him off the team that played the Spurs in the finals or this yrs 66 win team they both are probably in the lottery.

Kobe didnt win an MVP at 24 and only has one if Im not mistaken and LBJ already has one at 24 yrs old and should win at least 2 more. I think LBJ was the fastest ever to 10000 points not Kobe, LBJ was a ROY not kobe and LBJ has made the allstar game every yr not Kobe (not in first 2 seasons).

Kobe and LBJ are 1/2 when it comes to the best player but Kobe was #2 in the MVP vote. I know you want to tell me Kobe is better because he won the championship, well the entire Laker team won the championship and will get a ring so does that mean the other 11 players are better than LBJ also because they have a ring! Kobe is definitely a close 2nd and of course he's done more than LBJ he's been in the league for 13 yrs. I doubt LBJ has 4 titles by 30 yrs of age like Kobe, Kobe should keep the edge in titles when it's all said and done though!

Now thats from a non biased fan.

Durant would be my choice!

B.JenningsMVP
08-03-2009, 05:33 AM
Lebron will overtake KOBE when KOBE retires. THEN one of these players can take over Lebron as the best player in the game.

matt800
08-03-2009, 06:07 AM
LBJ is the Cavs, if you take him off the team that played the Spurs in the finals or this yrs 66 win team they both are probably in the lottery.

The Cavs were the best defensive team last year. They cant be a bad team if they managed to accomplish that.

There's no doubting Lebron's skill, but it is unreasonable to say that he is "unquestionably" the best, with other great players like Kobe and Wade in the mix. If Lebron was unquestionably the best, then there obviously wouldn't be a bunch of posts in this thread questioning how he is the best. :)

My pick for the best up and comer is Durant. Hard choice though because they all have a lot of potential.

JordansBulls
08-03-2009, 08:14 AM
The answer to this is clearly Dwight Howard. Already showed he can tget to the finals despite not being the favorite. Durant needs to show he can actually make the playoffs first.

tland22
08-03-2009, 11:10 AM

SERIOUSLY MAN? Come on now, what the hell is wrong with you?

On another note... Im suprised by the lack of love for Chris Paul, who was 23 two months ago...I dont think Durant will EVER EVER be more of an asset to have on a team than Chris Paul will be. This has gotta be Dwight vs Chris Paul type argument

jacquewho?
08-03-2009, 11:33 AM
I see Dwight Howard or CP3 owning this position in a few seasons. However, I think Danny Granger should get some consideration as well. The guy was in the top 5 for scoring last season and made huge strides to show that he is a true go to guy in the game. And don't give me this crap about "well put him on another team where he's not the #1 option". Do that with Kevin Durant and put him on the Spurs and see what happens to him.

CaesarTheParrot
08-03-2009, 11:59 AM

You homer get out of here with that trash

Tony_Starks
08-03-2009, 12:33 PM
Brandon Jennings

FlakeyFool
08-03-2009, 12:38 PM
lol the day roy becomes the "best player" in the nba is the day that george w. bush gets re-elected as president

bigsams50
08-03-2009, 12:39 PM
The Cavs were the best defensive team last year. They cant be a bad team if they managed to accomplish that.

There's no doubting Lebron's skill, but it is unreasonable to say that he is "unquestionably" the best, with other great players like Kobe and Wade in the mix. If Lebron was unquestionably the best, then there obviously wouldn't be a bunch of posts in this thread questioning how he is the best. :)

My pick for the best up and comer is Durant. Hard choice though because they all have a lot of potential.

Theres alot of lebron hate out there thats y theres alot of posts, i mean dudes only 24, get off his balls

hail2theskins21
08-03-2009, 12:52 PM
JAVALE MCGEE

seriously

younggunn113
08-03-2009, 12:56 PM
I hate how every thread become Kobe v. Lebron...neither are even mentioned in the poll..The answer here is Durant, the kid could realistically average over 30 PPG every season, prob around 8-9 rebounds and assists will probably fall around 3-5. He's 20 years old, needs to fill out his frame, and is poised for a huge breakout year this season. He shot almost 48% in his second year and 42% from three. Lebron in his second year shot 47% and 35%. Durant realistically could shoot 50% or above from the field and hit as high as 45-50% from 3. He could become one of the best pure scorers of all time with his size and athleticism. Call me foolish, but I watch him play a lot (NBA league pass) and I seriously think you're looking at a top 15-20 player at least of all time by the time he's said and done if he can get another player or two around him to help him compete. If not he'll end up as another star who never wins anything but averages 35 ppg. The fact that he's only 20and hes almost scoring at will is terrifying.

azkarraga
08-03-2009, 01:05 PM
theres 10+ years of lebron left so the next lbj is not drafted yet

i agree. unless injuries stop his career, there's still a lot lbj.

Skylander14
08-03-2009, 01:32 PM
LBJ v Kobe is like Democrat v. Republican
People have their opinions and arguing about it will change NOTHING!!!
Lebron is the better all around player, thats a fact LBJ haters
Kobe has rings, thats a fact Kobe haters
ok now on to the REAL topic here
A few of these guys are as old or older the LBJ so they cant count because they probably arent gonna all of a sudden become that much better so CP3 and Roy are out
Howard is a center who has the talent but really needs some offensive moves but hes really young and can work on that still
Durant is a guy who can score from anywhere but he lacks many things that make LBJ great like Passing, strolling thru the lane full of defenders like its no big deal, and rebounding theres more but since he is still really young here I think he can work on it and become in the discussion like wade is now but remember the game is about more than scoring
All the other name mentioned really are in that transciendent level of the LBJ's Wades Kobes of the world, I mean did somebody really mention Javale Mcgee?

FlakeyFool
08-03-2009, 02:11 PM
kobe has rings, lebron has no rings

therefore kobe > lebron

close this thread now thanks

dsickich123
08-03-2009, 09:49 PM
Durant baby...no doubt!

CowboysKB24
08-03-2009, 09:53 PM
Now Im not a Laker or Cavs fan though I like Kobe and LBJ as players but your keep trying to compare LBJ to Kobe through team acomplishments and that isnt fair because Kobe has had far superior teams.

Kobe had a ton of help in winning those titles with players like a young Shaq, Glen Rice, Dennis Rodman, Robert Horry,Pau Gasol,Lamar Odom,Andrew Bynum and lots of other very good players. Take Kobe off any of the 4 championship teams and they would still make the playoffs and the 3 Shaq teams win at least a series maybe 2 series.

Kobe didnt win an MVP at 24 and only has one if Im not mistaken and LBJ already has one at 24 yrs old and should win at least 2 more. I think LBJ was the fastest ever to 10000 points not Kobe, LBJ was a ROY not kobe and LBJ has made the allstar game every yr not Kobe (not in first 2 seasons).

Kobe and LBJ are 1/2 when it comes to the best player but Kobe was #2 in the MVP vote. I know you want to tell me Kobe is better because he won the championship, well the entire Laker team won the championship and will get a ring so does that mean the other 11 players are better than LBJ also because they have a ring! Kobe is definitely a close 2nd and of course he's done more than LBJ he's been in the league for 13 yrs. I doubt LBJ has 4 titles by 30 yrs of age like Kobe, Kobe should keep the edge in titles when it's all said and done though!

Now thats from a non biased fan.

Durant would be my choice!

You are not making any sense at all.

CowboysKB24
08-03-2009, 09:56 PM
You homer get out of here with that trash

I think you are the homer my man.

Tmac,lt,berkman
08-03-2009, 10:16 PM
no offense to the other players but i just like the way that brandon roy plays and how efficient he is..

Hawkeye15
08-03-2009, 10:31 PM
kobe has rings, lebron has no rings

therefore kobe > lebron

close this thread now thanks

Robert Horry 7 rings, Kobe 4 rings
therefore Horry>Kobe

Good argument

dhalvarez
08-03-2009, 10:44 PM
Kobe is still the Best in the World!!!

Lebron's time will come, but not yet....(I think I want to watch him getting dunked on again by that kid....ROFL!!! HAHAHAHAHAH!)

Hawkeye15
08-03-2009, 10:46 PM
Kobe is still the Best in the World!!!

Lebron's time will come, but not yet....(I think I want to watch him getting dunked on again by that kid....ROFL!!! HAHAHAHAHAH!)

LeBrons time has been the last 24 months. Kobe's career accomplishments are something LBJ needs to catch, no doubt. But your boy has been passed up.

Vinny642
08-03-2009, 10:49 PM
I picked CP3(surprise)
but its can be anyone from him to Dwight to Durant to Rose.

Not Bynum at all

Vinny642
08-03-2009, 10:54 PM
I hate the ring arguement.

lebron > Kobe right now!!!!
not career wise as said. But if I could pick from either Kobe or lebron for the upcoming season only, easily I'd pick Lebron.
Once again Kobe is not better then Bron right now. Those 30 Points 7 Rebounds 7 Assists mean something.

NHock1120
08-03-2009, 11:02 PM
all these players already are top stars....lol

Young and Stupid
08-03-2009, 11:05 PM
LeBrons time has been the last 24 months. Kobe's career accomplishments are something LBJ needs to catch, no doubt. But your boy has been passed up.

You know we should just stop defending LeBron "Hide the Tape" James cuz they never gonna get it. Oh BTW can I get a Devin Harris?! Na JP its Dwiiiight easily.

And...guy with the "Go Lakers Go Cowboys" sig I have a feeling I wouldn't like you, cough cough bandwagoner cough cough

D-Amazins
08-03-2009, 11:22 PM
Look its time to set the record straight. Kobe has won 4 championships on 6 NBA Finals Teams. The period between shaq already having left and Gasol yet to arrive the Lakers were 7th seed back to back years and 1 year without even going to the playoffs.

When Kobe had little he DID little. When James had little he led them to the Finals.

GeorgeMcCloud21
08-05-2009, 10:49 PM
D.Rose