PDA

View Full Version : Felton, Bobcat Negotiations 'Stalemated'

NBA_Starter
08-01-2009, 12:21 PM
(General Manager Rod) Higgins said talks with restricted free agent point guard Raymond Felton have "stalemated" after a meeting earlier this month in Las Vegas.

"Rod's statement is on point," Felton's agent, Kevin Bradbury, said Wednesday.

It's why the Bobcats, the lowest scoring team in the NBA last season, may not be through dealing.

"Teams that finished behind us, Washington and Toronto just to name a couple, have improved," Brown said. "Then the teams that finished ahead of us have gotten a whole lot better. So you've got to keep up."

http://www.hoopsworld.com/HeadlineStories.asp?lc=NBA&c=1&TEAM_ID=&PLAYER_ID=&hd=20090730

ChiBulls91
08-01-2009, 12:43 PM
i thought they really wanted to keep felton?

DerekRE_3
08-01-2009, 11:53 PM
i thought they really wanted to keep felton?

They do, but they also don't want to pay any luxury tax, and they are already over the cap right now.

dre1990
08-02-2009, 12:17 AM
They do, but they also don't want to pay any luxury tax, and they are already over the cap right now.

X2, plus they have another nice PG in DJ

DerekRE_3
08-02-2009, 12:19 AM
X2, plus they have another nice PG in DJ

Yep, which makes them less likely to increase the offer they initially made. I really do want to see Felton back though. He's much better defensively than Augustin is, and hasn't come close to realizing his potential.

DQL
08-02-2009, 12:23 AM
How much did they offer him?

black1605
08-02-2009, 04:23 AM
we are cheap

DerekRE_3
08-02-2009, 04:30 AM
How much did they offer him?

Not sure, the offer wasn't made public.

DerekRE_3
08-02-2009, 04:35 AM
we are cheap

No we aren't. We WERE cheap. But that was only during our first couple years as a franchise.

Look at the moves we have made the past 2 or so years:

-Trading our #8 pick for Jason Richardson - Who made around 11-12 mil a year
-Re-signing Gerald Wallace to a 6 year $57 million contract
-Re-signing Emeka Okafor to a 6 year $72 million conrtract
-Trading for Gana Diop - Still has 4 years and $27 million on his deal
-Trading for Vladamir Radmonovic - Still has 2 years and almost $15 mil on his deal

We aren't cheap.

ARMIN12NBA
08-02-2009, 05:05 AM
No we aren't. We WERE cheap. But that was only during our first couple years as a franchise.

-Trading for Vladamir Radmonovic - Still has 2 years and almost $15 mil on his deal

We aren't cheap.

^ Bobcats expert.

DerekRE_3
08-02-2009, 05:41 AM
^ Bobcats expert.

Someone's gotta do it.

ARMIN12NBA
08-02-2009, 06:14 AM
Someone's gotta do it.

:laugh2: For sure man. Keep up the good work. You are easily the most knowledgeable Bobcats fan in the world.

:cheers:

Chateamsfan
08-02-2009, 06:55 AM
Players who played for the Bobcats

Alexis Ajinša, Cory Alexander, Malik Allen, Alan Anderson, Derek Anderson, D. J. Augustin, Lonny Baxter, Raja Bell, Keith Bogans, Earl Boykins, Primo× Brezec, Andre Brown, Shannon Brown, Kevin Burleson, Matt Carroll, Jermareo Davidson, Boris Diaw, DeSagana Diop, Jared Dudley, Melvin Ely, Raymond Felton, Othella Harrington, Jason Hart, Wßlter Herrmann, Ryan Hollins, Eddie House, Juwan Howard, Dontell Jefferson, Linton Johnson, Dwayne Jones, Jumaine Jones, Jason Kapono, Brevin Knight, Cartier Martin, Sean May, Jeff McInnis, Nazr Mohammed, Adam Morrison, Emeka Okafor, Vladimir Radmanović, Jason Richardson, Bernard Robinson, Kareem Rush, Jamal Sampson, Sean Singletary, Tamar Slay, Steve Smith, Theron Smith, Jake Voskuhl, Gerald Wallace, Jahidi White, Eric Williams!

52 players! When Tyson Chandler, Derrick Brown, and Gerald Henderson play a game for for us its 55!

magichatnumber9
08-02-2009, 08:49 AM
get er done

DerekRE_3
08-02-2009, 03:07 PM
:laugh2: For sure man. Keep up the good work. You are easily the most knowledgeable Bobcats fan in the world.

:cheers:

Haha not sure if that is saying much but thanks.

homestarunner93
08-02-2009, 03:18 PM

We aren't cheap.

Not to mention the terrible Nazr trade we made.

Lo Porto
08-02-2009, 03:52 PM
Bobcat fans - if the 'Cats did a trade relieving some future financial requirements, would the FO feel better about re-signing Felton and sell the franchise to an owner who wants to do more?

For example, trade Gerald and Raja Bell for Boozer and Kyle Korver. The Bobcats trade $50 million in contracts for $17 in expiring contracts. After Wallace's huge contract is gone, the Bobcats could re-sign Felton and not have as many financial worries. I also personally believe that the Bobcats would make the playoffs with Boozer next to Chandler.

king4day
08-02-2009, 03:54 PM
Players who played for the Bobcats

Alexis Ajinša, Cory Alexander, Malik Allen, Alan Anderson, Derek Anderson, D. J. Augustin, Lonny Baxter, Raja Bell, Keith Bogans, Earl Boykins, Primo× Brezec, Andre Brown, Shannon Brown, Kevin Burleson, Matt Carroll, Jermareo Davidson, Boris Diaw, DeSagana Diop, Jared Dudley, Melvin Ely, Raymond Felton, Othella Harrington, Jason Hart, Wßlter Herrmann, Ryan Hollins, Eddie House, Juwan Howard, Dontell Jefferson, Linton Johnson, Dwayne Jones, Jumaine Jones, Jason Kapono, Brevin Knight, Cartier Martin, Sean May, Jeff McInnis, Nazr Mohammed, Adam Morrison, Emeka Okafor, Vladimir Radmanović, Jason Richardson, Bernard Robinson, Kareem Rush, Jamal Sampson, Sean Singletary, Tamar Slay, Steve Smith, Theron Smith, Jake Voskuhl, Gerald Wallace, Jahidi White, Eric Williams!

52 players! When Tyson Chandler, Derrick Brown, and Gerald Henderson play a game for for us its 55!

When I moved to Charlotte in 2k5, I was in the Concord Mill mall and they had a sports shop with both Kapono and Gerald Wallace jersey on sale for like 10 or 15 bucks each.
At the time, I knew nothing of either player so got Kapono because of the weirder name. What a mistake that was :(

op12
08-02-2009, 04:17 PM
resigning felton is a must. he is our only legit scorer other than maybe wallace.

DerekRE_3
08-02-2009, 04:30 PM
Bobcat fans - if the 'Cats did a trade relieving some future financial requirements, would the FO feel better about re-signing Felton and sell the franchise to an owner who wants to do more?

For example, trade Gerald and Raja Bell for Boozer and Kyle Korver. The Bobcats trade $50 million in contracts for $17 in expiring contracts. After Wallace's huge contract is gone, the Bobcats could re-sign Felton and not have as many financial worries. I also personally believe that the Bobcats would make the playoffs with Boozer next to Chandler.

I think the Bobcats have shown that they want to keep Gerald Wallace. They needed to get rid of one of their long term contracts and they chose to trade Emeka Okafor. They have gotten tons of offers for Wallace that would give them long term salary relief and they have declined every single one of them. I really don't see him going anywhere.