PDA

View Full Version : Land Ho! all pirates

imarocketsfan
08-01-2009, 05:02 AM
Don't get me wrong. I thought trading away 70% percent of our starters was a good idea(well i thought that until i saw who we were trading them for). Just when things couldn't get worse we give up and thats not baseball. This country was built on hot dogs and corked bats and a little bit of hgh. No where in the constiution does it say that we could give everyone up and start over. Roberto Clemente would never have played under these conditions. We get a brand new stadium and we can't even fill it up. We suck!! We should rid our entire organization, owners, players and all and move to alaska and play baseball on the ice because dry land apparently is not for us.

p.s.-our name is not intimidating, we ought to work on that to .

Chateamsfan
08-01-2009, 08:05 AM
Don't get me wrong. I thought trading away 70% percent of our starters was a good idea(well i thought that until i saw who we were trading them for). Just when things couldn't get worse we give up and thats not baseball. This country was built on hot dogs and corked bats and a little bit of hgh. No where in the constiution does it say that we could give everyone up and start over. Roberto Clemente would never have played under these conditions. We get a brand new stadium and we can't even fill it up. We suck!! We should rid our entire organization, owners, players and all and move to alaska and play baseball on the ice because dry land apparently is not for us.

p.s.-our name is not intimidating, we ought to work on that to .

I agree with you Pirates suck except they should move to charlotte!

VenezuelanMet
08-01-2009, 10:26 AM
WHat you were expecting in return? Lincecum for Sanchez?

imarocketsfan
08-01-2009, 01:34 PM
WHat you were expecting in return? Lincecum for Sanchez?

or at least barry bonds

BaustinSali08
08-01-2009, 04:45 PM
How are the "Pirates" a bad team name?

Mcclutch
08-01-2009, 05:38 PM
I agree with you Pirates suck except they should move to charlotte!

ur just upset cuz charlotte doesnt have a baseball team excluding college sports what do they have. oh yeah thts right the panthers and they gave up SIX ints the worst defense that made the playoffs aka arizona cardinals

Mcclutch
08-01-2009, 05:41 PM
How are the "Pirates" a bad team name?

yeah what should it be then the cardinals or the cubbies or even the twins.. ewww those are intimidateing names

MetsLegacy
08-01-2009, 05:48 PM
And seriously, are the Philadelphians such a better name? Even the Metropolitans are a rather bland name.

Chateamsfan
08-01-2009, 06:10 PM
ur just upset cuz charlotte doesnt have a baseball team excluding college sports what do they have. oh yeah thts right the panthers and they gave up SIX ints the worst defense that made the playoffs aka arizona cardinals

Last year buddy last year! Our defense is fresher and we had a few guys banged up. I am upset though yea!

MooseWithFleas
08-03-2009, 12:52 PM
I like the Pirates name :shrug: I just wish they went back to their old logo!

Seriously though, you have to like the moves they made at the deadline. The McLouth trade didn't get enough back IMO, but these trades will prove useful in the days going forward.