PDA

View Full Version : Yahoosports: The 10 Most Disliked People In Sports. NBA Stars listed #5, 6, 7, and 8

JordansBulls
08-01-2009, 01:21 AM
The 10 Most Disliked People In Sports. NBA Stars listed #5, 6, 7, and 8

http://www.forbes.com/2009/07/28/the-most-disliked-people-in-sports-business-sports-disliked_slide_6.html
http://www.forbes.com/2009/07/28/the-most-disliked-people-in-sports-business-sports-disliked_slide_7.html
http://www.forbes.com/2009/07/28/the-most-disliked-people-in-sports-business-sports-disliked_slide_8.html
http://www.forbes.com/2009/07/28/the-most-disliked-people-in-sports-business-sports-disliked_slide_9.html

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news;_ylt=AvNSpKXHqG9M22d4XF9yZLe8vLYF?slug=ys-forbesdisliked073009&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Some pro athletes just have a way of getting under people’s skin. Whether its brashness, perceived insincerity or crime, some guys can’t buy a break from the public.

E-Poll’s latest numbers show that sports fans give their biggest thumbs down to those jocks they see as phony (Alex Rodriguez, Kobe Bryant), selfish (Manny Ramirez, Terrell Owens) and criminal (Vick). The group garnered the most responses among those that fans “dislike some,” “dislike” or “dislike a lot,” according to E-Poll. E-Poll surveys are based a representative sample of 1,100 people weekly, ages 13 and over. The most disliked people in sports were chosen from those celebrities in the athlete, coach or sports broadcaster category with a minimum awareness level of 10 percent.

Not sure how they came up with these results.

ink
08-01-2009, 01:25 AM
The only one I disagree with is #10, John McEnroe. He's pretty popular now that he's a commentator. I don't think anyone hates him now. All the others are right on target.

Gibby23
08-01-2009, 01:29 AM
The only one I disagree with is #10, John McEnroe. He's pretty popular now that he's a commentator. I don't think anyone hates him now. All the others are right on target.

I hate him. He is a jerk. He also sucked in Mr.Deeds. So I think it is right on.

B.JenningsMVP
08-01-2009, 01:30 AM
I love haters

ARMIN12NBA
08-01-2009, 01:33 AM
Sweet. I love that Kobe is the top rated basketball player on the hated list. The haters are mostly jealous. Heck, I don't blame them. Kobe's ripped the hearts of nearly every fanbase in the league with his dominant play. The hatred is expected.

ARMIN12NBA
08-01-2009, 01:35 AM

Agreed. I actually have always liked John McEnroe. To me, he loved the game and cared so much about winning that he left it all out on the court. His passion for tennis was poured out in every game.

NYtilIdie
08-01-2009, 01:50 AM
Kobe says all the right things thats why hes hated lol yeah I expect him to come out and say

"Yeah **** Lebron We are all witnesses ***** PLEASE! witness these 4 rings *****! Shaq tell me how my *** taste when I get #5! As for Dwight lets just say I superman that ho. You can't stop me im KB24 ***** im unstoppable its not possible to stop something so unstoppable! Hell even Lil Wayne wrote a song about me yes I am that damn good"

Although he may be thinking that lol

29$JerZ
08-01-2009, 02:07 AM
Isiah and Stephon :pity:

nyyfan4life
08-01-2009, 02:17 AM
I thought the reason for the Allen Iverson one was pretty stupid. Corn rows and tattoos...

itsripcity32
08-01-2009, 02:23 AM
Sweet. I love that Kobe is the top rated basketball player on the hated list. The haters are mostly jealous. Heck, I don't blame them. Kobe's ripped the hearts of nearly every fanbase in the league with his dominant play. The hatred is expected.

no i am not jealous of a dog killer.

ARMIN12NBA
08-01-2009, 02:29 AM
no i am not jealous of a dog killer.

I was speaking of Kobe, not Mike Vick.

ink
08-01-2009, 03:27 AM

Except that's not how the article describes it. The article says that Kobe is hated for being fake, saying nice things for the camera and being a different person otherwise. The jealousy theory is transparently self-serving for Kobe fans. Doesn't hold water.

Raidaz4Life
08-01-2009, 03:33 AM
Except that's not how the article describes it. The article says that Kobe is hated for being fake, saying nice things for the camera and being a different person otherwise. The jealousy theory is transparently self-serving for Kobe fans. Doesn't hold water.

sad thing is MJ had a very similar personality yet he is probably the most loved basketball player of all time so looks like neither theory really holds water.

ink
08-01-2009, 03:42 AM
sad thing is MJ had a very similar personality yet he is probably the most loved basketball player of all time so looks like neither theory really holds water.

Kobe fans say that all the time but I still haven't seen an example where they're really comparable. Jordan was undeniably the best player of his generation. He just had more success and more charisma. And btw, he's not on the 10 most disliked people in sports list and never was, so that straw man is off topic. :D

_KB24_
08-01-2009, 04:22 AM
Wow, these haters just will never stop. How is Kobe fake??? These people are just so ****ing stupid. You Kobe Haters want to know whats real, his 4 rings *****. Iverson???? That is just so ridiculous on how you are going to place a guy there just because of the way he looks. Where the **** is Barry Bonds, Clemens, Pacman Jones, Sean Avery, Burress, and the list goes on. Unbelievable. It just seems no matter what Kobe does, he will always be looked away. **** the haters,Only God can Judge Me:D

Mile High Champ
08-01-2009, 10:11 AM

Agreed 100% ink.. I dont really think McEnroe, too much has past since all his garbage went on. I would of included maybe Barry Bonds instead of him...

AntiG
08-01-2009, 10:13 AM
The haters are mostly jealous.

people don't hate Kobe because they are jealous. he's just a huge douche in the douchiest sense.

the same reason why people hate A-Rod. Top 2 douches in American sports today.

GAWDtv
08-01-2009, 10:20 AM
Hate is a powerful emotion, takes alot of energy and thought. Why do people HATE strangers? How can you hate Isiah Thomas for what he did as a Knick Coach? Unless your Donnie Walsh I don't see how people can justify hating strangers who excel at whatever they got famous for.

I don't try to fool myself into thinking I know these athletes, I know them as much as they know me!

I either like their game and skills or ability to play it, don't fool yourself into thinking you know any more about them and the Media has proven to be an unreliable source of information and more just opinions of high paid writers(the jealous guys who hate on the athletes that put in the work and made it).

blastmasta26
08-01-2009, 10:25 AM
Hate is a powerful emotion, takes alot of energy and thought. Why do people HATE strangers? How can you hate Isiah Thomas for what he did as a Knick Coach? Unless your Donnie Walsh I don't see how people can justify hating strangers who excel at whatever they got famous for.

I don't try to fool myself into thinking I know these athletes, I know them as much as they know me!

I either like their game and skills or ability to play it, don't fool yourself into thinking you know any more about them and the Media has proven to be an unreliable source of information and more just opinions of high paid writers(the jealous guys who hate on the athletes that put in the work and made it).
Exactly. Any negative perception of athletes is because of the media. And you Lakers fans need to stop whining about how everyone's a hater and jealous of Kobe's success. Anybody that dislikes Kobe does because of how he isn't real when he's talking to the media. Whether he's fake or not, I don't know, but jealousy is definitely not the reason for hating on Kobe.

ManRam
08-01-2009, 10:30 AM

The reason I hate Kobe isn't entirely because of his success. I love Shaq, I loved Jordan, I liked Magic's Lakers...etc. I just can't stand Kobe. He doesn't come across as a warm, nice, fun person. Success is far from the reason I don't like Kobe. I loved him when he was young, sporting the 'fro, smiling all the time, having fun. I rooted for the Lakers when Shaq and Kobe and Phil got a long. Now he just seems like a douche, an obnoxious bossy teammate...etc. I'm sorry if I'm more drawn to players like Dwight, Shaq, Manny, etc...who look like they are having a good time, laugh, enjoy themselves, etc. The fans don't help either; the ones who flip out about everything and anything that isn't 100% pro-Laker. It's a huge turn of the the Lakers.

bulldog2683
08-01-2009, 01:04 PM
I really do not care that people hate Kobe. I do not know Kobe so it does not affect me. Like posted earlier, hating a person takes a lot of thought and energy. As you can see by all those who post on this thread talking about why they hate Kobe.

Kobe could have 7 rings and people would still hate him. As a Laker fan, I'll take the rings any day over popularity and let those who hate him wallow in their emotions towards him.

KB24PG16
08-01-2009, 01:18 PM

agreed

ink
08-01-2009, 01:29 PM
I really do not care that people hate Kobe. I do not know Kobe so it does not affect me. Like posted earlier, hating a person takes a lot of thought and energy. As you can see by all those who post on this thread talking about why they hate Kobe.

Kobe could have 7 rings and people would still hate him. As a Laker fan, I'll take the rings any day over popularity and let those who hate him wallow in their emotions towards him.

That's a bit of a generalization. You don't know what people's feelings are toward him on this thread. In fact some of the posts are pretty reasonable. It's not blasphemy for people to point out a flaw you know ...

lorenz00
08-01-2009, 01:35 PM
hating on kobe makes kobe a more popular guy

skinsfan4life80
08-01-2009, 01:52 PM
Who hates Iverson? they just threw that in for no reason at all. He is one of the most cheered athletes in the country. I hear more people say they hate Tim Duncan then Iverson And I am yet to hear someone outside of NY who said they hate Manny. The rest of them people do hate...what makes another man hate a man he has never even meet..i will never understand..pretty gay if you ask me

SpeeMN
08-01-2009, 02:18 PM
KOBE? AI? NO - its too bad these guys are seen like this. they are mature and have always been in the spotlight. lots of pressure.

Isiah maybe

marbury ofcourse

Shahrose
08-01-2009, 02:32 PM
wth is Kobe on that list? 0.o

Agar81
08-01-2009, 02:39 PM
where is lebron james... his bad sportsmanship, ego, and his recent whole Jordan Crawford thing? Please

AWC713
08-01-2009, 02:46 PM
wheres mark cuban?

or bobby petrino?

i hate petrino more than vick anyday.

NYMetros
08-01-2009, 02:51 PM
Wow, these haters just will never stop. How is Kobe fake??? These people are just so ****ing stupid. You Kobe Haters want to know whats real, his 4 rings *****. Iverson???? That is just so ridiculous on how you are going to place a guy there just because of the way he looks. Where the **** is Barry Bonds, Clemens, Pacman Jones, Sean Avery, Burress, and the list goes on. Unbelievable. It just seems no matter what Kobe does, he will always be looked away. **** the haters,Only God can Judge Me:D

Most people just hate Kobe because he's been a primary instrument in beating their team of choice. But really, it's pointless to even try to defend Kobe. People will hate him no matter what.

tc2deuce
08-01-2009, 02:57 PM
Roger clemens, pac-man jones, raphael palmerio, rodney harrison,

arkanian215
08-01-2009, 02:58 PM
kobe can't really be on that list. there's millions of people in china that love him. have they not seen him getting groped at the olympics? lol someone find that video.

jojoe1188
08-01-2009, 03:00 PM

or because he is an alleged rapist who bought his wife a MILLION dollar ring right after (as good as an admission to me), single handedly drove one of the greatest centers of all time out of town, almost drove one of the greatest coaches of all time out of town, has that stupid scowl, and up until this year was considered a horrible teammate, and he is just an all around cocky douche....but no ur right its just haters

jakesmail123
08-01-2009, 03:05 PM
people don't hate Kobe because they are jealous. he's just a huge douche in the douchiest sense.

the same reason why people hate A-Rod. Top 2 douches in American sports today.

exactly.
not only that but people seem to forget about kobes rape 'allegation'
and how the woman was just paid some money and the case never went to court..

also this poll consists of 13 year olds and up both mail and female and bigger names are gonna be on the list because thats all they know. the everyday sports fan might make a different list

SeoulBeatz
08-01-2009, 03:07 PM
its infuriating to see a.i still being hated on after all these years.

shame on those ignorant pieces of ****.

tattoes and cornrows??? seriously? i thought we were past that as a society. the president is black folks.

jojoe1188
08-01-2009, 03:08 PM
id have to put lebron up there now after not shaking hands with the magic and the whole tape thing

ARMIN12NBA
08-01-2009, 03:10 PM
Except that's not how the article describes it.

I'm sorry you consider the article the end all, be all of arguments?

The article says that Kobe is hated for being fake, saying nice things for the camera and being a different person otherwise. The jealousy theory is transparently self-serving for Kobe fans. Doesn't hold water.

Nope. There are problems with this theory. The problems with the fake theory is that it can easily be proven wrong with evidence. Kobe has always said what he wants in interviews (if you really payed attention to them). When he was determined in last years Finals, he refused to give the reporters a smile or a glimpse of happiness that they begged for. When Kobe was upset at Mitch and Buss, he let it be known. When Kobe was pissed at Shaq for coming into camp being overweight, he gave an interview to a Lakers reporter about his concerns.

Kobe has never in his career been fake. He has always been upfront and his teammates have always said this about him. BTW--If you want to argue that Kobe doesn't go out and speak his mind on "everything," well, no athlete or celebrity does. They have to be somewhat politically correct or else there will be an even bigger rampage when they speak their mind. This is called "PR."

Now, there have been sociological studies shown that the last thing people would want to admit about people they know, etc. is that they envy them. It is almost like an embarrassing trait. Nobody wants to admit that they are jealous...And when people hate Kobe, it is nearly all because of jealousy.

Remember that Boston sports guy who was talking about his hatred for Kobe? Do you remember how it went? He said something to the likes that he didn't care that Kobe was a great player, a Finals MVP award winner, and has won so many championships (and on and on)...He's like, I don't hate him for being so great. I hate that he's so fake and gets to win...Then he talked about how Kobe uses his kids and is a bad father. :eyebrow: You see what I mean? They have no grounds for their claims of Kobe being fake. It is like the alternative, "good" excuse to hate Kobe when, in reality, they hate him for the winning and success (jealousy).

Vidball
08-01-2009, 03:13 PM
Who cares...Kobe is the #1 most loved basketball player around the world too (as seen during the Olympics).

ARMIN12NBA
08-01-2009, 03:17 PM
or because he is an alleged rapist who bought his wife a MILLION dollar ring right after (as good as an admission to me),

That's pretty ignorant. He bought his wife a ring because he committed adultery, not rape...

single handedly drove one of the greatest centers of all time out of town,

Nope. Talk to Jerry Buss.

almost drove one of the greatest coaches of all time out of town,

Nope. Again, talk to Jerry Buss.

has that stupid scowl,

:eyebrow:

and up until this year was considered a horrible teammate,

It's not my problem what he is "considered." What is real is different from what is considered especially when the media is nearly always out to give a bad story about you.

and he is just an all around cocky douche....but no ur right its just haters

He's cocky...But that is what makes him great. It is less cocky and more confidence. He has the confidence to lead his team and he has done that. He is a proven leader and a proven great. He has the right to be confident. A douche? I have heard the complete opposite from people who have actually met him. I know a Lakers reporter who often hangs out with the players behind the scene and she says nothing but great things about the likes of Kobe, Sasha, and Pau.

Again, how do you know Kobe personally? You don't. Your hatred is 100% derived from your jealousy towards him. You may end up meeting him and he can end up being the nicest guy in the world...or not. The thing is, is that you don't know him or even know people who know him. :laugh2: Funny thing is, is that you talk like it.

Hawkeye15
08-01-2009, 03:18 PM
whatever. Kobe fans don't see that he is fake, personality wise, non Kobe fans do. SO what.

Jay22Redd
08-01-2009, 03:21 PM
I heard some of Kobe's teammates doesnt like him...is that true???

jim51990
08-01-2009, 03:23 PM
for the people saying they hate kobe because hes good no thats why lebron is hated on kobes hated on because he appears to be fake (im not saying i think he is im saying alot of people just think he is )

ink
08-01-2009, 03:26 PM
I'm sorry you consider the article the end all, be all of arguments?

Umm ... the thread is about the article. lol. It makes points about all 10 athletes that describe why they're disliked. It's doubtful that jealousy has anything to do with any of them. The article could just as easily be called 10 Sports Personality Types that people can't stand.

One thing we know for sure is that we can't have a thread that says anything negative about Kobe because all it does is bring out the "he rapes" crowd and turn into fights with the Kobe fans. Closed.