PDA

View Full Version : NBA's unluckiest Team of the Aughts?

val_modus
07-31-2009, 04:29 PM
Well since the aughts (2000's) are coming to an end i thought it would be fitting to open an NBA's _______ Team of the aughts, and i'd like to start it off with an interesting one, the unluckiest team of the aughts, discuss and vote!!!

GoNY
07-31-2009, 04:35 PM
The Suns.

JMKnick33
07-31-2009, 04:41 PM
Knicks. we THOUGHT we were getting a very good general manager in Isaiah Thomas AND very good allstar in Stephon Marbury, BUT we all know how that went down..

also, there were a couple of years where we were in playoff contention, but injuries set us right back into the lottery. ALSO, we wasted picks on promising forwards Sweetney and Frye (say it's bad management, and poor selections, but they were SUPPOSED to be at least decent). hmmm, what else.. oh did I mention Isaiah Thomas?

all good though, with all those bad years behind us, it looks like we are turning it around now. i can only hope for the best.

if it weren't for the Knicks, i'd say the Suns as well. championship caliber teams that didn't quite get over the hump. with players including nash (2x mvp), STAT, marion, shaq, bell, jason richardson, joe johnson, diaw, barbosa.. they should've made the Finals at LEAST once..

tland22
07-31-2009, 05:22 PM
The Rockets are the most unfortunate team I would have to say. TMAC and YAO saga is sad...i feel bad for them

NYtilIdie
07-31-2009, 05:36 PM
Clippers and Kings they got robbed in the WCF and never been the same since

Bucks24226
07-31-2009, 05:38 PM
Bucks

king4day
07-31-2009, 05:40 PM
Suns
Kings
Wizards

lakers4sho
07-31-2009, 05:43 PM
38-10

val_modus
07-31-2009, 05:43 PM
Rockets
Suns
Kings
Wizards
Nets
Knicks
Bucks

Beno7500
07-31-2009, 05:59 PM
Kings mostly. Then suns.

RollinDeep
07-31-2009, 06:13 PM
Clippers

The Panch
07-31-2009, 07:21 PM
Pacers, they were the best team in the league, and the favorites to win the title in 2004 andmore than likey 2005, then the Malace in the Palace happened, and then you all know the rest off the story, Reggie reitres, half our team suspended, and then everyone gets traded away.

MaHaRaJaH
07-31-2009, 07:33 PM
Without a DOUBT Sacremento. Screwed over in play offs and Drafts.

Patriots
07-31-2009, 07:33 PM
Knicks, Kings, Clippers

Rio40
07-31-2009, 07:37 PM
Knicks and Clippers

blazerman
07-31-2009, 07:44 PM
The Rockets are the most unfortunate team I would have to say. TMAC and YAO saga is sad...i feel bad for them

Dont be sorry for them because they're the rudest fans in the league.

When the Blazers played them in the playoffs they were throwing things at the players and called a couple of the black players n****rs and look at how ignorant alot of them are on PSD.

Oh by the way they still act as if they're still a contender, well I they are a contender for the 8th seed!

Karma got them!

One playoff series win in a decade and they act as if they're the team to beat!!!!

ChiBulls91
07-31-2009, 07:46 PM
Wizards
Suns
Knicks

When was the last time the wizards actually had their best players on the floor all at the same time? When they're able to do that, they are a dangerous team...too bad for them the basketball Gods don't allow them to do that for more than 10 games

ChiBulls91
07-31-2009, 07:46 PM
Btw, add a poll to this, lets see the votes

IndyRealist
07-31-2009, 07:47 PM
Pacers. Malice at the Palace. Non-Pacers fans forget that they were the BEST team in the league, and were in the process of thumping the defending champion Pistons IN Auburn Hills. When the Brawl happened, the game was all but over.

The Pacers were young, and full of talent through the entire 8 man rotation. Two to three championships were theirs for the taking, had the fight never happened.

IndyRealist
07-31-2009, 07:50 PM

Philly fans are the reason the sports arenas use plastic beer bottles instead of glass. I remember watching a game where their own team had to be rushed off the court, they were throwing so much junk on the court.

MaHaRaJaH
07-31-2009, 08:05 PM
NBA 2002 Conference Finals Kings and Lakers
True to some degree:
Part 5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egkQPepxv5s

Part 6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhlGYvIMPgQ&feature=related

Part 7
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVfZ-CU-bx0&annotation_id=annotation_873242&feature=iv

LaKeRs824
07-31-2009, 08:21 PM
clippers, queens, knicks....and then clippers again

ZebraCity916
07-31-2009, 08:24 PM
Kings

The year Patrick Ewing was drafted was the 1st year the NBA Lottery was introduced and the Kings had the worst record so they should've gotten him but instead the Knicks got the 1st pick.

They got robbed in the WCF in 2002. Tim Donaghy (the ref. who was betting on and fixing games) even said that game was fixed.

And now this year the Kings were supposed to get the 1st pick in the draft and they didn't.

ZebraCity916
07-31-2009, 08:28 PM
True to some degree:
Part 5

Part 6

Part 7
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVfZ-CU-bx0&annotation_id=annotation_873242&feature=iv

I've watched the whole series. HAHA

ZebraCity916
07-31-2009, 08:30 PM
When the Blazers played them in the playoffs they were throwing things at the players and called a couple of the black players n****rs and look at how ignorant alot of them are on PSD.

Oh by the way they still act as if they're still a contender, well I they are a contender for the 8th seed!

Karma got them!

One playoff series win in a decade and they act as if they're the team to beat!!!!

I think Laker fans are the rudest fans in the league.

The ones in Northern California are at least. Not to mention they riot when they win championships. HAHA

Drunk Kosar 19
07-31-2009, 08:39 PM
Cavs

val_modus
07-31-2009, 08:45 PM
i would like to add a poll but it wont let me

MaHaRaJaH
07-31-2009, 08:59 PM
I've watched the whole series. HAHA

Pretty interesting though, I can honestly say I feel the most pity for the Kings. Beno Udrih... Ouch lol

Brooklyn Mets
07-31-2009, 09:11 PM
knicks

ink
07-31-2009, 09:15 PM
Kings mostly. Then suns.

I'd say the other way around but doesn't matter, both of them got screwed this decade.

Kings really should have been champs.

Suns went through two playoff years with phenomenal teams and lost Joe Johnson one year and had to play against the Donaghy fix another year. The league owes the franchise a public apology for the second one. Like a poster said in a thread on this a few weeks ago, the rule that Stern himself called ridiculous (the one that got Amare suspended) stands to this day.

ink
07-31-2009, 09:17 PM
knicks

I wouldn't call gross incompetence bad luck - Isiah was just purely brutal as a GM and created the mess. Plus, someone had to hire him in the first place. It wasn't "luck" that hired the guy right?

koreancabbage
07-31-2009, 09:19 PM
it definitely has to be these two teams: Kings and LA Clippers

Young and Stupid
07-31-2009, 09:22 PM
Cavs

What?

MaHaRaJaH
07-31-2009, 09:27 PM
I wouldn't call gross incompetence bad luck - Isiah was just purely brutal as a GM and created the mess. Plus, someone had to hire him in the first place. It wasn't "luck" that hired the guy right?

Isiah is a plain moron. 'Nuff Said. lol.

KnicksR4Real
07-31-2009, 09:41 PM
Suns and Knicks

BkOriginalOne
07-31-2009, 09:41 PM
Knicks.
Clippers.
Suns.
Rockets.
Wolves.
Kings.
Dallas.
Pacers.

UofA
08-01-2009, 12:25 AM
Rockets
Kings
Suns

Kings Faithful
08-01-2009, 12:42 AM
Easily the Kings... Here is why. Teams like the Clippers and lately the knicks just such and suffer from poor management. The Kings find a way to get screwed whether they are the best team in the league or the worst. Like someone said... Kings with the worst record in the league, for the past few decades, the worst team gets the number 1 pick. Except... for some reason the league rules change, its about chance now! O wait Kings get screwed and Knicks get our pick, sorry! Then we suck for several years. We finally start to make good management decisions and put together perhaps the greatest ball movement team to ever grace the court...then the 2002 WCF happens. Then we decline to the lowest point in team history and are once again confronted with the possibility of getting the number 1 pick. Kings fans are finally excited to begin the path to greatness once again! THEN! We lose in the lottery and drop to the lowest spot possible.

Those are just the major occurrences. If you watch some of the ridiculous things that happen to the Kings during the regular season you would be amazed. Things like the "Michael Finley stops time shot" at the end of last season happen to us all the time.

For instance this happens... about 2 weeks before the Finley shot the Kings had a chance to actually win a game. Cisco gets the ball to take the lead in the last minute after a huge comeback by the Kings. He shoots for 3 and the lead! The ref calls it a 2 and says he can't review the play even though it was clearly a 3 by a WIDE margin. Wasn't even close to a 2. Ok, this is getting me all riled up now. I'm done.

DerekRE_3
08-01-2009, 12:46 AM
Clippers aren't unlucky, they are just poorly managed, same goes with the Knicks. The clips have had several high draft picks and to be frank they just didn't draft well. Olowokandi was a huge bust, as was Darius Miles. According to 82games.com, the Clippers are the 3rd worst drafting team in the league (data goes from 1989-2008). Plus this year they got lucky and won the lottery to draft the consensus #1 pick Blake Griffin. Doesn't sound that unlucky to me.

The Knicks have just made some horrible signings and trades, and that's why they haven't won at all recently. You'd think a big market team would be able to field better teams. Also, the Knicks have been rated as the worst drafting team over the past 20 years by 82games.com.

Trouble87
08-01-2009, 01:17 AM
Clippers without a doubt

val_modus
08-01-2009, 01:27 AM
i havent really ever followed the Clipps, how are they unlucky?

asandhu23
08-01-2009, 01:30 AM
Warriors.... 1 playoff run and thats it

Reyes6
08-01-2009, 01:38 AM
1. Kings
2. Clippers
3. Rockets
4. Warriors
5. Suns
6. Any other team screwed by Donaghy

Clippers and Kings have had good teams (on paper for the Clips mostly) and been either screwed over or bad management.

Rockets have been killed by Injuries and Warriors have been somewhat good, then bad, then awful, then good, then... I dunno what they'll be next year. And Suns once they had Nash were predicted to do so much, but never won a title or made the finals.

Donaghy sucks.

MaHaRaJaH
08-01-2009, 11:16 AM
Easily the Kings... Here is why. Teams like the Clippers and lately the knicks just such and suffer from poor management. The Kings find a way to get screwed whether they are the best team in the league or the worst. Like someone said... Kings with the worst record in the league, for the past few decades, the worst team gets the number 1 pick. Except... for some reason the league rules change, its about chance now! O wait Kings get screwed and Knicks get our pick, sorry! Then we suck for several years. We finally start to make good management decisions and put together perhaps the greatest ball movement team to ever grace the court...then the 2002 WCF happens. Then we decline to the lowest point in team history and are once again confronted with the possibility of getting the number 1 pick. Kings fans are finally excited to begin the path to greatness once again! THEN! We lose in the lottery and drop to the lowest spot possible.

Those are just the major occurrences. If you watch some of the ridiculous things that happen to the Kings during the regular season you would be amazed. Things like the "Michael Finley stops time shot" at the end of last season happen to us all the time.

For instance this happens... about 2 weeks before the Finley shot the Kings had a chance to actually win a game. Cisco gets the ball to take the lead in the last minute after a huge comeback by the Kings. He shoots for 3 and the lead! The ref calls it a 2 and says he can't review the play even though it was clearly a 3 by a WIDE margin. Wasn't even close to a 2. Ok, this is getting me all riled up now. I'm done.

True to some degree:
Part 5

Part 6

Part 7

I think you should take a look at this entire series, My heart cried for you all.

ink
08-01-2009, 11:25 AM
Clippers aren't unlucky, they are just poorly managed, same goes with the Knicks. The clips have had several high draft picks and to be frank they just didn't draft well. Olowokandi was a huge bust, as was Darius Miles. According to 82games.com, the Clippers are the 3rd worst drafting team in the league (data goes from 1989-2008). Plus this year they got lucky and won the lottery to draft the consensus #1 pick Blake Griffin. Doesn't sound that unlucky to me.

The Knicks have just made some horrible signings and trades, and that's why they haven't won at all recently. You'd think a big market team would be able to field better teams. Also, the Knicks have been rated as the worst drafting team over the past 20 years by 82games.com.

Completely agree. It seems people are misunderstanding what "unlucky" actually means.

If you shoot yourself in the foot you are not unlucky, you are just incompetent with a gun. Think about that people who wrote down Clippers and Knicks.

The "unlucky" ones are the ones who had to deal with rigged officiating or injuries that devastated their roster just when the team was poised to make some noise.