PDA

View Full Version : Who doesn't get the respect they deserve? Tmac or Iverson?

JordansBulls
07-31-2009, 02:07 PM
A lot of people have been talking bad about these two guys lately saying they would never had ever wanted them on their team. With that being so, who is being more disrepected here?

Suns113
07-31-2009, 02:08 PM
t mac

S-Dot
07-31-2009, 02:12 PM
Both, but moreso T-Mac

JWO35
07-31-2009, 02:13 PM
Allen Iverson

FaceDown91
07-31-2009, 02:17 PM
iverson. At least he can make it out of the first round.

b_rad23
07-31-2009, 02:18 PM
Both, definitely Iverson more. He's had the better, longer career. He's a warrior. He's also gotten further in the playoffs.

T-Mac is what he is, a great talent who had injuries hold him back.

Iverson is a great talent who didn't get a great supporting cast in his prime and always brings it 100%.

NYKnickFanatic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfurCV1FDpM&feature=related

Every time I watch that, I am amazed.

qwestion13
AI no doubt. He's won the MVP, taken his team to the finals, etc. He's had a wonderful career, and has accomplished more than T-Mac. Hence, he deserves more respect than T-Mac.

azkarraga
07-31-2009, 02:26 PM
great video. wonderful.

but still, ai.

S-Dot
07-31-2009, 02:27 PM
AI no doubt. He's won the MVP, taken his team to the finals, etc. He's had a wonderful career, and has accomplished more than T-Mac. Hence, he deserves more respect than T-Mac.

He has definitely had the better career which is why I think people don't disrespect him more. I think the bad talk about Iverson has come more in the last two seasons because people realize he can no longer lead a team to a championship as a #1 option. T-Mac on the other hand is disrespected year after year because he gets injured (which I'm sure he can't helped) or because he didn't lead his team out of the 1st round. He puts up extremely good numbers in the playoffs as well. A.I. has had the better career; T-Mac is more disrespected.

IversonIsKrazy
07-31-2009, 02:31 PM
AI deserves more respect than T-Mac. AI hasnt got the respect he deserves over the last year, T-Mac is h8d every year b-kuz he cant get out of the first-round (which is sad) or kuz hes always injured. Until T-Mac gets to the second round, hes going to be continued to be h8d.

tland22
07-31-2009, 02:45 PM
TMAC because there is so many fallacies that people use when talking about TMAC and " not getting out of the first round". When anyone who knows alot about basketball would be able to prove to you that it has NEVER been his fault. He has always been a PHENOMINAL playofff player....in fact one of the best scorers in playoff history. People think he pklays like crap in the playoffs and bash him for it, when the reality is that he has only had YAO one time playing in all the playoff games. And in Orlando, he never had anybody. Last year all of the Rockets role players stepped up majorly and the emergence of aaron brooks and luis scola and carl lanry and von wafer and with Ron Artest on their team, they made it out of the first round. With TMAC on that team, Im pretty sure they beat the LAKERS in that series no question.

B.JenningsMVP
07-31-2009, 02:47 PM
Tough question.
But, I'll go with A.I.

NYtilIdie
07-31-2009, 02:47 PM
T-Mac people just knock T-Mac cause him cause his 1st round thing thats all they have on him. He gives his all in the playoffs he shows up every game yet his team doesn't thats always been the problem. He's phenomenal player when healthy he just never has the help.

sp1derm00
07-31-2009, 02:49 PM
Tmac.

He put up one of the greatest individual seasons in recent NBA history.

The same year Kobe put up 30/7/6, Tmac put up 32/6/5.

Tmac is an incredible player, and I believe he's still capable of putting up some insane number if he wanted to. However, all the recent criticism from injuries and not getting past the first round (despite great numbers) has definitely affected him.

Chronz
07-31-2009, 03:04 PM
iverson. At least he can make it out of the first round.
He can also fail to make the playoffs.

Lakers4ItAll
07-31-2009, 03:26 PM
What respect does T Mac deserve he has never done anything.......

ManRam
07-31-2009, 03:40 PM
Iverson was an MVP. He changed the game of basketball more than anyone of our era besides Shaq. For a while, he was the best player in the league, certainly one of the 3-5 best. T-Mac in his prime was great, but just not as big of a star. He never had the team success Iverson had. It's a shame AI has fallen off a bit, because people forget that he was a bonafied hall-of-famer...and still is. T-Mac will be very lucky to make the Hall barring a huge comeback.

And when defense comes in to play...it becomes a blowout.

8kobe24
07-31-2009, 03:44 PM
Iverson...at least he's been in the finals. And lets not forget how this little man played his heart out in his younger years.

Theanswer76
07-31-2009, 03:50 PM
He can also fail to make the playoffs.

And what has Tmac done in the playoffs....? Majority of Iverson's career his team has made playoffs.

tland22
07-31-2009, 03:51 PM

Wow, yea that gives me CHILLS.

Good point CHhronz...atleast TMAC always takes his team to atleast the playoffs, and he never gets help from his #2...they are nonexistant or always injured. He only played one full series with YAO lol. People cant say he doesnt deserve respect because he hasnt done anything - that is ignorant. Quit hating.

And by the way, he will make the Hall, dont be foolish. No one gets in the Hall if they stink at basketball. Again, quit hating.

Both guys deserve respect. AI only hasnt been getting it the last few years becasue of various things. TMAC always getting knocked for injuries which he cant control, and not getting out of first round, which is NEVER one persons fault in basketball, especially if ur the best player on the court everytime.

Chronz
07-31-2009, 03:54 PM
What respect does T Mac deserve he has never done anything.......
The respect that hes accomplished great things in his career. The fact that you think hes done nothing, speaks volumes, both about your character and basketball intelligence.

Chronz
07-31-2009, 03:55 PM
Iverson was an MVP. He changed the game of basketball more than anyone of our era besides Shaq. For a while, he was the best player in the league, certainly one of the 3-5 best. T-Mac in his prime was great, but just not as big of a star. He never had the team success Iverson had. It's a shame AI has fallen off a bit, because people forget that he was a bonafied hall-of-famer...and still is. T-Mac will be very lucky to make the Hall barring a huge comeback.

And when defense comes in to play...it becomes a blowout.

What do you mean by that, and his MVP was a joke. A result of circumstances, not of being a superior player. The HOF is another silly measure.

Chronz
07-31-2009, 03:57 PM
And what has Tmac done in the playoffs....?
Play brilliantly

Majority of Iverson's career his team has made playoffs.
Your point being?

Lakers4ItAll
07-31-2009, 03:58 PM
The respect that hes accomplished great things in his career. The fact that you think hes done nothing, speaks volumes, both about your character and basketball intelligence.

He hasn't done anything to make his teams better. He has a scoring title from when he was on the worst team in the league and he is proven to not get out of the 1st round and is always injured. So to me his great things aren't all that great

papirico52
07-31-2009, 03:58 PM
A.I................... t mac is hurt 70% of the season , iverson plays with injuries... A.I is a sure fire 1st ballot hall of famer... he needs respect and a comaback to the sixers

Chronz
07-31-2009, 04:02 PM
He hasn't done anything to make his teams better.
And your basing this on what exactly, every single shred of evidence points to the contrary.

He has a scoring title from when he was on the worst team in the league
He also has a scoring title from when he was on a playoff team, whats your point. Wouldnt it be worse if he didnt win the scoring title on a last place team?

and he is proven to not get out of the 1st round and is always injured. So to me his great things aren't all that great
Thats far different than saying he hasnt done ANYTHING. I wont argue this with you, it totally depends on your definition of GREAT, I will say this. Your too caught up into the 1 man vs the world concept. Tmacs teams have always overachieved because of him, that is GREAT. The level of play hes established in his prime is BEYOND GREAT.

BkOriginalOne
07-31-2009, 04:09 PM
Allen Iverson is going to the Hall of Fame.
Tracy McGrady might not get in.

twoearl
07-31-2009, 04:19 PM
Iverson resume is much much much better than Tmac's. Outside of a few scoring titles and All star games Tmac's career has been pretty much nothing.

Tmac does not deserve any respect cuz he hasn't done enough to earn it. You dont just respect somebody cuz they COULD or SHOULD do something.

If we are suppose to start respecting scoring titles and some all star games then lets us begin the Jermaine Oneal or Antwoine Walker Fan club right now!! lol

MiamiHeat
07-31-2009, 04:19 PM

wow :clap:
amazing

but I gotta go with AI
he has become somewhat underrated

tland22
07-31-2009, 05:02 PM
He hasn't done anything to make his teams better. He has a scoring title from when he was on the worst team in the league and he is proven to not get out of the 1st round and is always injured. So to me his great things aren't all that great

he has TWO scoring titles...get that straight. And one was when they were a playoff team FYI. An his other one, who cares if they had a terrible record, that means nothing. Kobe was only player on Lakers and they STUNK and Kobe won a scoring title...still everyone knew he was good. Doesnt mean that TMAC was still great just cuz of the team he was on. Only so much on man can do. His teams are proven not to get out of first rd, he is the reason they take it to a 7 game series, he the reason they even got to the playoffs etc...im tired of trying to get that through to you psychopaths. Its almost unreal that some people cant understand that. And OF COURSE he makes his teams better, If you need someone to tell you that then you probably have never watched much basketball. He is a VERY GOOD Passer, that is a known fact. He draws double-teams, he drives then kicks it out etc... on Toronto he was known as the defensive stopper, in Orlando he has damn goo defensive skills...He puts the ball in the bucket too...I dont get how he "doesnt make his teams better". That is propaganda and complete nonsense

tland22
07-31-2009, 05:08 PM
NOBODY underrates Allen Iverson....are you kidding me? Everyone knows he is good, everyone knows he was GREAT. What are some of you going on about.?

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-31-2009, 05:09 PM
AI is respected...

tland22
07-31-2009, 05:11 PM
Iverson resume is much much much better than Tmac's. Outside of a few scoring titles and All star games Tmac's career has been pretty much nothing.

Tmac does not deserve any respect cuz he hasn't done enough to earn it. You dont just respect somebody cuz they COULD or SHOULD do something.

If we are suppose to start respecting scoring titles and some all star games then lets us begin the Jermaine Oneal or Antwoine Walker Fan club right now!! lol

this isnt a thread comparing their career man, why dont you take time to think and then read the thread before you type.

what ignorant points. You actually believe this?

filled with so many fallacies....its disgusting

Chronz
07-31-2009, 05:16 PM
he has TWO scoring titles...get that straight. And one was when they were a playoff team FYI. An his other one, who cares if they had a terrible record, that means nothing. Kobe was only player on Lakers and they STUNK and Kobe won a scoring title...still everyone knew he was good. Doesnt mean that TMAC was still great just cuz of the team he was on. Only so much on man can do. His teams are proven not to get out of first rd, he is the reason they take it to a 7 game series, he the reason they even got to the playoffs etc...im tired of trying to get that through to you psychopaths. Its almost unreal that some people cant understand that. And OF COURSE he makes his teams better, If you need someone to tell you that then you probably have never watched much basketball. He is a VERY GOOD Passer, that is a known fact. He draws double-teams, he drives then kicks it out etc... on Toronto he was known as the defensive stopper, in Orlando he has damn goo defensive skills...He puts the ball in the bucket too...I dont get how he "doesnt make his teams better". That is propaganda and complete nonsense
Your hearts in the right place but I cant shake the feeling that your not seeing the big picture. Which is basically **** scoring titles, forget about them. No relevance on a players greatness whatsoever, even more ludicrous is the idea that players are willing to compete for it. Maybe thats too strong of a word, but it just irked me to know that David Robinsons career game, came as a result of him trying move ahead of Shaq on a meaningless list known as the scoring averages.

Just focus on the players game, and there is no reasonable argument that you can make for AI being the better player than Tmac from age 19-28. AI has stood the test of time better than Tmac, out of reasons of sheer luck, or bad luck for Mac. And hes not exactly impressive in that regard either.

Tmac,lt,berkman
07-31-2009, 05:19 PM
iverson never had injuries he just wasnt as good as t-mac...

GAWDtv
07-31-2009, 05:26 PM
AI for sure, look at the resume. He scores like a machine. The L hates AI because he doesn't care to act/dress white. The media jumps on this and try to demonize him. They did it to Michael Jordan (gambling), Micheal Jackson, Mike Tyson, Mohammed Ali and any other black man that has young black men looking up to them as their lives scream "FIGHT THE POWER''

_KB24_
07-31-2009, 05:36 PM
Iverson. These same teams that say "hes" a cancer and all, would have killed for him 2-3 years ago.

Chronz
07-31-2009, 05:39 PM
Iverson. These same teams that say "hes" a cancer and all, would have killed for him 2-3 years ago.
Which is why when Philly wanted to trade him to the Clippers for Livingston, the Clippers said no.

Granted it was a dumb move, one of many from the lovely organization but it does represent the falseness of your claims.

Chronz
07-31-2009, 05:41 PM
AI for sure, look at the resume. I did, me no likey He scores like a machine(Dont Machines epitomize accuracy, if so AI is far from a machine). The L hates AI because he doesn't care to act/dress white. The media jumps on this and try to demonize him. They did it to Michael Jordan (gambling), Micheal Jackson, Mike Tyson, Mohammed Ali and any other black man that has young black men looking up to them as their lives scream "FIGHT THE POWER''
:)

tland22
07-31-2009, 06:10 PM
I know what you are saying about the big picture....but I was pointing out that he had TWO and not ONE...so the guy posting bull SHIYYYAT obvious didnt know his facts if he couldnt even get that correct.

tland22
07-31-2009, 06:12 PM
This isnt an argument about resume's not one is arguing TMAC has a better resume.... AI won MVP which was iffy and had a TEAM that went to the finals.... So quit hitting that home because some people are missing the point of this thread. This is about deserving respect. AI already gets his, obviously

JordansBulls
07-31-2009, 06:25 PM
This isnt an argument about resume's not one is arguing TMAC has a better resume.... AI won MVP which was iffy and had a TEAM that went to the finals.... So quit hitting that home because some people are missing the point of this thread. This is about deserving respect. AI already gets his, obviously

:nod:

blacknell
07-31-2009, 06:43 PM
Iverson T-Mac is always hurt and is a loser

wudadoda
07-31-2009, 07:00 PM
iverson is more disrespected!!! i'm a rockets fan at heart but a.i. has done way more than tracy. i hope tmac comes back healthy..he can be a beast on the court if he wants to

Paulliwali
07-31-2009, 07:07 PM
t-mac since AI has recieved lots of respect for what he has done, but not so much for t-mac

_KB24_
08-01-2009, 12:50 AM
Which is why when Philly wanted to trade him to the Clippers for Livingston, the Clippers said no.

Granted it was a dumb move, one of many from the lovely organization but it does represent the falseness of your claims.

Livingston was highly regarded at the time. Why would the Clips give up there future for a 2-3 year window? Livingston was being compared to "Magic":speechless: and the injury really ****ed up hid career