PDA

View Full Version : I really want iverson in a hornets uniform

ikjcarrs
07-31-2009, 10:52 AM
I dont see why we dont offer iverson a contract it can be a small contract and it gives iverson the chance to play for a contender and start with a point who can keep the offence flowing.

Paul
iverson
peja
west
okafor

WOW!!!!!!!!!
what do you guys think?

ballpd05
07-31-2009, 11:15 AM
I dont know about that. First I don't think AI could start cuz that would give us two munchkins for guards, and as we all know he has a bad history of coming off the bench. Then AI also is a player who seems to only do well when he is the center of the offense, and he is getting old. I don't think it will work.

Sports Illustrator
07-31-2009, 11:40 AM
Teams have tried placing Allen Iverson at the Shooting Guard position but at times it'd create many mismatches on the defensive end of the floor. On the offensive end of the floor, Allen Iverson alongside with Chris Paul would look to be the best offensive back-court in the NBA. I know that Chris Paul wouldn't mind passing the ball to Allen Iverson all the time and rack up the assists at the same time.

Patrick Swayze
07-31-2009, 12:51 PM
I could handle Iverson on the team.

countrycasanova
07-31-2009, 01:41 PM
I like what Yall have been doing this offseason: draft/trade, but I'm not sure AI is the move. He would definitely sell out seats, but I'm not sure he works WITH CP3. Both guys need the ball to be effective. AI is a scorer not a shooter, so letting him sit out on the perimeter alah Stoja; aint gonna work. Defensively, HELL NAW!!!

tland22
07-31-2009, 02:38 PM
Teams have tried placing Allen Iverson at the Shooting Guard position but at times it'd create many mismatches on the defensive end of the floor. On the offensive end of the floor, Allen Iverson alongside with Chris Paul would look to be the best offensive back-court in the NBA. I know that Chris Paul wouldn't mind passing the ball to Allen Iverson all the time and rack up the assists at the same time.

i agree with everything you said! I think we could use him on our team though, but that would be a major concern defensively. I wouldnt complain if we got him.

ikjcarrs
07-31-2009, 03:47 PM
I understand all the arguments against it but:

1. Its not a trade and it dont have to be a long or expensive contract so what do we lose.

2. cant be no worse than what we have

3. I think chris paul can make anyone work in our offence

4. byron scott is a level headed strong coach who can deal with it and not be pushed over

5. what we lose in size on defensive we gain in steals cp3 and iverson are great off ball stealers

cro_2pac
07-31-2009, 04:35 PM
AI and Cp3 are my favorite players, so it would be dream come true to me AI and CP3 together MAN but it would be GOOOOOOOOOOOD for us that AI comes of the bench like a 6th man him and Posey...damn this would be good

tland22
07-31-2009, 05:14 PM
is thbere anything suggesting he may come to New orleans?

JDizzle
07-31-2009, 06:22 PM
are line up

Pg-CP3/ Collison/ Daniels
Sg- Peterson/Butler/Throton/ Brown
SF- Peja/Posey/Wright/Butler
PF- West/ Ike
C- Emeka/ Armstrong

Do we really need another guard on this team we have 7 of them and wright could probably play sg so that 8 out of the like 15 people on are team just seems like we should be worrying about more bigs then guards

Vinny642
07-31-2009, 06:55 PM
We arent starting Peterson

JDizzle
07-31-2009, 07:05 PM
I dont know who is starting sg. the point is i think we got enough guards already

Vinny642
07-31-2009, 07:07 PM
Yea. If we get a deal from Memphis i'd hope it is Rudy Gay or Marc Gasol

JDizzle
07-31-2009, 07:24 PM
is there a rumor out there about us and memphis?

cro_2pac
08-01-2009, 08:06 AM
No...

tland22
08-01-2009, 02:49 PM
I been hearing from several people that there was a deal from memphis or talks or something....from several sites, not just this one. But I couldnt find anything on the internet anywhere about it....just other bloggers saying it.

tland22
08-01-2009, 03:32 PM
ok here it is I found the HORNETS-Memphis talks thing on The Hornets Report.... A blogger said this: and created a thread about it.
"I Just heard on espn news radio that memphis and new orleans hornets are in talks of a sign in trade involving hakim warrick,gasol or gay for hilton armstrong and expiring contracts such as antonio daniels,and rasual butler and devin brown...more news as it comes"

WHo knows. Ive heard things on ESPN radio that I couldnt find anywhere else...sometimes they happen sometimes you NEVER hear another peep about it. Lets hope this one is true...but to be real, I HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt it. If it is give BOWER the GM of the year award NOW

Mckphins
08-01-2009, 11:00 PM
^ Gasol would play center? What would west and okafor do? theyre both starters

Vinny642
08-01-2009, 11:08 PM
^ Gasol would play center? What would west and okafor do? theyre both starters

Gasol would play Backup Center

tland22
08-02-2009, 11:39 AM
No they were saying we would then trade D WEST for a GOOD SG or SF I believe.... or mayb e Trade Gasol for one if possible. Not exactly sure though,

Lakergirl24
08-02-2009, 11:43 AM
i think N. Orleans is the team that would be the best fit for him. You guys need one more scorer and he'd be a good fit in the back court with CP3

Patrick Swayze
08-02-2009, 11:58 AM
ok here it is I found the HORNETS-Memphis talks thing on The Hornets Report.... A blogger said this: and created a thread about it.
"I Just heard on espn news radio that memphis and new orleans hornets are in talks of a sign in trade involving hakim warrick,gasol or gay for hilton armstrong and expiring contracts such as antonio daniels,and rasual butler and devin brown...more news as it comes"

WHo knows. Ive heard things on ESPN radio that I couldnt find anywhere else...sometimes they happen sometimes you NEVER hear another peep about it. Lets hope this one is true...but to be real, I HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt it. If it is give BOWER the GM of the year award NOW

Rudy Gay or Warrick would be beyond amazing.

Storch
08-02-2009, 02:00 PM
You wont have anyone to guard the SG SF superstars in the league ... Maybe if Iverson were to come off the bench this idea would be legit.

oufanatic14
08-02-2009, 02:35 PM
didnt warrick already sign elsewhere?? and yea gasol will play a really good backup to emeka,this deal would be orgasmic if we got rid of all of those money sucking leeches on our team ie devin brown,ant daniels,mo pete,rasual. i would easily trade daniels,devin brown,and hilton for gasol.gasol is cheap and 7'0 tall,which will make up for the lack of height on our team.

oufanatic14
08-02-2009, 02:38 PM
yep im right,he signed with the bucks...

Patrick Swayze
08-02-2009, 02:48 PM
didnt warrick already sign elsewhere?? and yea gasol will play a really good backup to emeka,this deal would be orgasmic if we got rid of all of those money sucking leeches on our team ie devin brown,ant daniels,mo pete,rasual. i would easily trade daniels,devin brown,and hilton for gasol.gasol is cheap and 7'0 tall,which will make up for the lack of height on our team.

Yup, the Bucks. I tried editing my last post, but sometimes I'm not able to get into the PSD forums.

I'd take Gay over Gasol, but I wouldn't opposed to a Gasol for Hilton trade.

ikjcarrs
08-02-2009, 04:57 PM

They found out that that blogg was a lie and Espn news never said it thats why we couldn't find no sources besides that one guy

tland22
08-02-2009, 05:57 PM
I figured. I hope that guys dies.

DetroitRipCity
08-02-2009, 07:22 PM
I dont see why we dont offer iverson a contract it can be a small contract and it gives iverson the chance to play for a contender and start with a point who can keep the offence flowing.

Paul
iverson
peja
west
okafor

WOW!!!!!!!!!
what do you guys think?

Heed my warning you dont want AI the second you piss him off he will tear your team apart

JDizzle
08-03-2009, 12:19 AM
I trade west and people for gay and gasol

paul
wright
gay
emeka
gasol

plus a bench of ike, collison and throton and posey not to shabby

JustBlaze31
08-03-2009, 08:01 PM
On offense this would seem like a good move...
On defense though.. :surrender:

Sports Illustrator
08-03-2009, 09:56 PM
There are many reasons for why many teams in the NBA are looking away from Allen Iverson. He even started considering many different options to go to Europe. Olympiakos from Greece is definitely one team who are candidates to acquire Allen Iverson. I am sure there will be a decision made on him really soon. It'll definitely be interesting to see where he goes.

magichatnumber9
08-03-2009, 10:04 PM
Iverson could work,but I could see a clash with the coaching staff

GeorgeMcCloud21
08-04-2009, 11:47 AM
contender? ha

B_Rad01
08-06-2009, 05:31 PM
stupid idea iverson is a ball hog who needs the ball n his hands 2 b effective

AIverson
08-07-2009, 07:23 AM
No thanks.

With CP3 in the way, Iverson won't be able to ball hog.

tland22
08-07-2009, 01:30 PM
LOL @ "cp3 in the way" LOL

NetsPaint
08-08-2009, 06:08 PM
It'd be great for me to see my favorite current NBA player on my favorite team, especially alongside CP3.

I think it'd be worth it for at least one season.Remember this past Playoffs?Chris Paul is the only GOOD ball handler. If Iverson came to the team not only he'd help Paul with that, but he'd take the punishment. They'd also get a lot of steals.

Patrick Swayze
08-08-2009, 08:30 PM
LOL @ "cp3 in the way" LOL

Yea, it's like Chris Paul is a huge problem for us.

Vinny642
08-08-2009, 09:15 PM
Rasual is working on his handles. And we drafted Collison to play back up. Dude our bench is looking NICE!

Patrick Swayze
08-09-2009, 01:11 PM
Rasual is working on his handles. And we drafted Collison to play back up. Dude our bench is looking NICE!

I bet Thornton ends up starting.

tland22
08-09-2009, 05:11 PM
Yea, it's like Chris Paul is a huge problem for us.

yea, we need to just straight up CUT him from the team. he is nothing but trouble.

LOL

And I bet Marcus ends up strating before the season is over...maybe not at first though.

Patrick Swayze
08-09-2009, 06:28 PM
And I bet Marcus ends up strating before the season is over...maybe not at first though.

And I was upset when I heard we may be drafting him in the first round.

LakersSaintsLSU
08-12-2009, 04:21 AM
ai in the no..i would love it

saintdrew
08-15-2009, 02:45 AM
ehhh i don't know about acquiring iverson. i'm starting to love the bench! collison, thornton, diogu, and armstrong!

ballpd05
08-15-2009, 11:21 AM
Yeah, iverson is a chemistry killer. The only time his teams have really flourished was with Larry Brown in Philly when he was the only scorer and could shoot or handle the ball all game while everyone else just played defense and score an occasional Putback or open jumpshot. He has never been able to mesh well with any other scorer or playmaker he has ever played with, at least from a wins loss standpoint it hasn't. And the last two times he has been swapped the team that let him go got much better.... Andre Miller to Philly and Billups to Denver.

Theanswer76
08-16-2009, 03:38 AM
Yeah, iverson is a chemistry killer. The only time his teams have really flourished was with Larry Brown in Philly when he was the only scorer and could shoot or handle the ball all game while everyone else just played defense and score an occasional Putback or open jumpshot. He has never been able to mesh well with any other scorer or playmaker he has ever played with, at least from a wins loss standpoint it hasn't. And the last two times he has been swapped the team that let him go got much better.... Andre Miller to Philly and Billups to Denver.
Haha im a philly fan and boy philly did not get any better without iverson, you can say we got worse or stayed the same not better.

THiiRTYONE
08-19-2009, 12:33 AM
i just dont see it happening .