PDA

View Full Version : how to beat the lakers.

oogaboogaman
07-31-2009, 05:22 AM
I was thinking about the lakers lineup and how with the signing of Odom that they are the favorite to repeat. Well shouldnt they easily be able to be beaten if they were just outrun? Their back court of with Fisher starting and Kobe is pretty old in comparison to most. Their forwards/centers of artest, gasol, bynum, and odom are a great set of bigs (probably the best in the nba) but none are true centers nor are really that quick as the size of the players dont seam to mesh with the typical NBA lineup.

Is it possible that a team good easily out run them in a playoff situation? With an aging back court and no forwards really known for their speed is this possible? just wondering your thoughts.

YaDaDa PacK
07-31-2009, 05:32 AM
simply "running" won't do anything. that's what in-game adjustments are about. Kobe can still keep up with anybody, he's only 30, and he's not your typical guard. Artest can still keep up with the best SF's in the game. With the bigs in the game, it's almost not possible to outrun the Lakers. Eventhough bigs are slower, our bigs most definitely have to be some of the fastest. Bynum is barely 21, I highly doubt he's going to be having fatigue issues. Gasol is a finesse player, did you not see him hustle and outrun everybody for that open dunk in the finals when Pietrus gave him that whack ***** foul from the back? Odom can do it all, period!

Keep thinking, but if you're planning on the Lakers being overtaken as champs by simply "running" on them... You must not have much basketball IQ at all.

Statik1
07-31-2009, 05:42 AM
Ask the Suns how far "Running" got them............

kblo247
07-31-2009, 05:48 AM
^^^

Ask what happened when Lamar, Kobe, and Luke took them in the post, or why Nash has not been able to push the pace against them since Fisher came back to the team

lakerboy
07-31-2009, 06:02 AM
A very good and fast point guard, plus a defense as atrocious as Houston's.

JayW_1023
07-31-2009, 06:29 AM
Strong interior defense that'll force the Lakers to rely on jump shooting...and a very deep bench. You basically have to be physical, and very complete all-round. The Magic now have the depth to match up with LA, but not the overall talent. The Spurs have the talent but they don't have the athleticism. Boston however, if they are healthy poses the biggest threat.

BUCSFORLIFE123
07-31-2009, 06:39 AM
sign beetle juice to a 1 day contract and have him initiate a fight with kobe and have kobe ejected gg?

LakersSaintsLSU
07-31-2009, 06:42 AM
a prayer......kobe hurt,gasol hurt,phil hospitalized

playa6816
07-31-2009, 06:42 AM
Yup Boston when Healthy is the team to beat.

As far as individual match ups you attack Fisher and Gasol aka Gasoft.

Fisher is an old man so young guy PG's should be running with and without on offense and staying up in his grill on defense.

Then Gasoft you attack close to the rim in the paint because he's pretty weak defensively.

Dont double team anyone except when kobe gets near the paint.

Whoever Kobe is guarding you making him run off of screens and constantly move and make Kobe work on the defensive end. Like Rip Hamilton.

Get into Artest head and trash talk him into losing his temper. Artest is the key to the demise of the Laker because he's ah nutso. Loose cannon. Play mind games with him and he will self destruct.

As far as their bench, just stay close to the shooters and maker your fastest guy attack the rim against Bynum to test how well he has recovered from his injury and put him in foul trouble.

BUCSFORLIFE123
07-31-2009, 06:43 AM
sign chuck norris to a 1 day contract and that team wins automatically

BUCSFORLIFE123
07-31-2009, 06:44 AM

Fisher is an old man so young guy PG's should be running with and without on offense and staying up in his grill on defense.

Then Gasoft you attack close to the rim in the paint because he's pretty weak defensively.

Whoever Kobe is guarding you making him run off of screens and constantly move and make Kobe work on the defensive end. Like Rip Hamilton.

Get into Artest head and trash talk him into losing his temper. Artest is the key to the demise of the Laker because he's ah nutso. Loose cannon. Play mind games with him and he will self destruct.

As far as their bench, just stay close to the shooters and maker your fastest guy attack the rim against Bynum to test how well he has recovered from his injury and put him in foul trouble.

easier saidthan done

LakersSaintsLSU
07-31-2009, 06:55 AM

MAN R U SERIOUS GASOL SOFT:mad:?????YOUR CABLE MUST HAVE GOTTEN DISCONNECTED IN THE PLAYOFFS.....CANT WAIT TO SEE GASOL RAPE GARNOTT IN THE PAINT:clap:......WHO IS THIS CLOWN?...YOUR WHOLE THEORY IS WACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I HOPE ALL THE OTHER 29 TEAMS DO EXACTLY WHAT U JUST WROTE SO WE CAN BE THE FIRST EVER 82-0 TEAM!!!!!!!!!!:D:D

OA SLAY
07-31-2009, 07:18 AM
Break Kobes neck!!

SouljahPhil...
07-31-2009, 07:32 AM
lol...

Boston has the best chance to beat LA...

S-Dot
07-31-2009, 07:48 AM
Strong interior defense that'll force the Lakers to rely on jump shooting...and a very deep bench. You basically have to be physical, and very complete all-round. The Magic now have the depth to match up with LA, but not the overall talent. The Spurs have the talent but they don't have the athleticism. Boston however, if they are healthy poses the biggest threat.

Agree, and you got to be tough. Thats the one thing that Boston showed in 2008 when they beat them and Denver showed in 2009 when they gave the Laker a good series. You cannot play them hoping not to lose. Toughness goes a long way.

BUCSFORLIFE123
07-31-2009, 08:08 AM
anytime u have kg healthy , theyre going to be really tough to beat, add in paul pierce, allen, rondo, wallace thats tough

Storch
07-31-2009, 08:17 AM
Too versatile. By simply increasing the tempo to beat a championship team wont work, GSW and PHX hasnt accomplished much.

younggunn113
07-31-2009, 08:48 AM

How is Artest anymore of a headcase than Sheed? IF you've watched Artest the past like 2 years he hasnt done anything to warrant him being a headcase..The techs and ejections against the Lakers were strictly based off his rep, and with Phil there to protect him, the refs will lighten up. I think if anything Artest is the one who plays the head games with opposing players..

PS How is Boston the team to beat? Because they werent healthy last year and they beat LA the year before that? I hate how people refuse to acknowledge that the Lakers werent hurt in the finals against Boston without Bynum and Ariza, two starters from their championship team this year. If both teams were healthy 2 seasons ago, LA would be looking for another 3-peat. Injuries are part of the game though, so you can't say Boston is better this year for no real reason. All of their core players are a year older now, PP, KG, and Allen and Sheed is no spring chicken. Adding Artest gives LA argueably the best perimiter defenders in the league with Kobe. What does Fisher being old have to do with it too, Shannon Brown and Farmar are very capable backups, if you saw the way Brown defended Deron Williams in the first round. Calling Gasol soft is hilarious too, he did a better job on Howard than Perkins did and definitely shed his "soft" label. This is going to be an interesting season coming up, I can't wait to play the SA, Cleveland, Boston, and Orlando this season.

Freshed
07-31-2009, 09:00 AM
simple answer, you cant. the lakers have the best player in the world!

da wood
07-31-2009, 09:35 AM

:rolleyes: you do have a few good cases here so i won't bash you too bad but man peole need to realize that pau isn't as soft as people think he is true he don't match up well against physical centers but people let remember that he is really a power forward and there isn't that many power forwards that match up well with him. LOL Ron is too damn strong and physical for any thre to even see him the only two that come to mind are melo and labron and we saw what kept happening to him when ron got a crack at him. lets see how many times did sports center show bron getting up off the floor. lol. and as for boston true KG anchored that defense but lets remember pp also was punking our threes but lets not forget he's not punkin ron ron. advantage LAKERS.

CELTICS4LYFE
07-31-2009, 09:37 AM
i love watching pierce an ron play against each other has to be one the thee best match ups in the nba

sendit BK
07-31-2009, 10:42 AM
Agree, and you got to be tough. Thats the one thing that Boston showed in 2008 when they beat them and Denver showed in 2009 when they gave the Laker a good series. You cannot play them hoping not to lose. Toughness goes a long way.

Agree with both. Defensively, you have to be able to create turnovers and force tough shots against the Lakers to be able to run. Missed shots = transition opportunities. You can't outrun a team that is continually making baskets and getting back into a defensive set. Unfortunately, this is near impossible to do with the Lakers.

1. they run one of the most efficient offenses in basketball with 3 years experience with some of the best talent in the NBA
2. their primary ballhandlers, namely D-Fish, rarely turn the ball over
3. while they have gotten a little older, the Lakers are still a relatively young team with energy off the bench.

I think the Lakers can be beat this upcoming year, but it won't be b/c they will be outgunned. Any team that thinks they can outshoot the Lakers is foolish and will be destroyed. I see San Antonio and Boston being the ultimate threats (great coaching, defensive minded, great chemistry), and neither of these teams run at all.

BkOriginalOne
07-31-2009, 10:49 AM
Shoot number 24.

KB24PG16
07-31-2009, 10:54 AM
the suns are not going to make the playoffs so i dont know any other team that could outrun the lakers

futureman
07-31-2009, 10:57 AM
By not watching their games and then they will declare bankruptcy. lol.

ElToro
07-31-2009, 11:11 AM
Freeze Jerry Buss' bank account. It seems the guy is well prepared to shred tons of money to win championships. Who says money CAN'T buy everything?

AlexTmz2
07-31-2009, 11:24 AM
Tim Duncan

Kobe2324
07-31-2009, 11:26 AM
the Only weakness on this lakers team is fisher against fast point guards and that's it. In my opinion the only thing that can beat the lakers is themselves by not putting in the effort. This team is way too strong in a 7 game series, this team finished with the 2nd best record by one game and by adding Ron artest they have gotten a lot better...watchout for this team they will be close to 70 wins this year!

RaiderLakersA's
07-31-2009, 11:30 AM
Freeze Jerry Buss' bank account. It seems the guy is well prepared to shred tons of money to win championships. Who says money CAN'T buy everything?

Right, because the Cavs, Spurs, Celtics, Nuggets and (add championship caliber team name here) all work for free.

I've read conflicting reports, but I understand that last season the Lakers weren't the team with the highest payroll. I also understand that teams like the Knicks and the Wizards were in the top 10 for highest payroll last year. So tell me again, what exactly does money buy?

http://hoopshype.com/salaries.htm

rapswin98
07-31-2009, 11:30 AM
assasinate kobe, cause hurting him will only make him play better

Toadman
07-31-2009, 11:34 AM
The 08' Lakers couldn't match the physicality of Boston. But they were missing Bynum &
Ariza, 2 starters. Bynum is back & Artest is way more physical than Ariza.

laker sqaud2
07-31-2009, 11:39 AM
I think the dream team matches up great, they could have took the lakers in 7~!

S-Dot
07-31-2009, 11:42 AM
I think the dream team matches up great, they could have took the lakers in 7~!

:pity:

RaiderLakersA's
07-31-2009, 11:50 AM
I was thinking about the lakers lineup and how with the signing of Odom that they are the favorite to repeat. Well shouldnt they easily be able to be beaten if they were just outrun? Their back court of with Fisher starting and Kobe is pretty old in comparison to most. Their forwards/centers of artest, gasol, bynum, and odom are a great set of bigs (probably the best in the nba) but none are true centers nor are really that quick as the size of the players dont seam to mesh with the typical NBA lineup.

Is it possible that a team good easily out run them in a playoff situation? With an aging back court and no forwards really known for their speed is this possible? just wondering your thoughts.

The Lakers can be beaten by physical teams with highly skilled players who know how to continue to score in the 4th and close out games. At least last year that was the case.

The only other games that I saw us lose last year was when we weren't playing up to our standard. I realize that sounds like a very arrogant thing to say, and I mean no disrespect to the players on the other side of the court, but it is what it is. There's no way that Houston without it's top players should have pushed us as far as they did. I credit Houston reserves for coming out and swinging to the bell, but you also have to blame the Lakers for leaving their chins unguarded.

This year I expect the same. If the Lakers come out like fat cats thinking they can just win by showing up, we'll lose. If Kobe takes a step back from the way he's improved by leaps and bounds in trusting his players, we'll lose. If a season ending injury occurs to Gasol or Kobe, we'll lose (but we'd make it to the playoffs).

Finally, if the competition plays lights-out basketball every game for 7 straight games, we'll lose. The Lakers aren't perfect. Like any other team, we lose when we make too many mistakes, while the other team makes too few.

StickyGreenFan
07-31-2009, 11:58 AM
to beat the lakers you have to get the bobcats to the playoffs, dont tell too many people but the lakers ultimate weakness is the bobcats lol

USMCLaker
07-31-2009, 12:47 PM
simply "running" won't do anything. that's what in-game adjustments are about. Kobe can still keep up with anybody, he's only 30, and he's not your typical guard. Artest can still keep up with the best SF's in the game. With the bigs in the game, it's almost not possible to outrun the Lakers. Eventhough bigs are slower, our bigs most definitely have to be some of the fastest. Bynum is barely 21, I highly doubt he's going to be having fatigue issues. Gasol is a finesse player, did you not see him hustle and outrun everybody for that open dunk in the finals when Pietrus gave him that whack ***** foul from the back? Odom can do it all, period!

Keep thinking, but if you're planning on the Lakers being overtaken as champs by simply "running" on them... You must not have much basketball IQ at all.

That was so unnecessary. All he did was ask a question in the form of a statement, so he is obviously not acting like a basketball expert but a fan who is bringing his perspective to the forum while trying to get other PSD's posters perspective, so why make the personal insult?

I think you (Portland) already have that recipe as seeing that we couldn't beat you last season, believe me many Laker fans were happy that we didn't have to face Portland in the playoffs. Hopefully, this season-with the signing of Artest-will be different.

ManRam
07-31-2009, 12:53 PM
1. Hope the refs give eject Ron Ron for breathing incorrectly.
2. Hope that Bynum is actually injury prone, and that they aren't fluke injuries.
3. Hope their bench stinks it up.
4. Hope Odom focuses more on the twizzler vendor than the game at hand.
5. Hope you have two 7 footers.
6. Get under Kobe's skin...get him frustrated.
7. Hope Ron Ron doesn't know what a triangle is.
8. Pray.

Look...I hate the Lakers as much as the next person, but getting LO back makes them the favorites again. Their first 6 are better than any other team's...by a mile. Their bench is a little questionable, but it can be explosive on any given night. Kobe is one of the games best closers, and the best (at least second best) player in the league. Pau is a great second option, and has very few flaws (he's not soft anymore IMO). They're just stacked...and have the best coach in the league. They are beatable, but in a 7 game series, it's gonna be hella tough to beat the 4 times.

playa6816
07-31-2009, 01:53 PM
MAN R U SERIOUS GASOL SOFT:mad:?????YOUR CABLE MUST HAVE GOTTEN DISCONNECTED IN THE PLAYOFFS.....CANT WAIT TO SEE GASOL RAPE GARNOTT IN THE PAINT:clap:......WHO IS THIS CLOWN?...YOUR WHOLE THEORY IS WACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I HOPE ALL THE OTHER 29 TEAMS DO EXACTLY WHAT U JUST WROTE SO WE CAN BE THE FIRST EVER 82-0 TEAM!!!!!!!!!!:D:D

yea im serious are you? Im not the one who gave Gasol that nick name. He was labeled as soft even before he was gift wrapped to LA. Gasol rape Garnett? are you dreaming? If KG attacks the rim and paint aggressively Gasol is the one that will get raped. hahaha 82-0? Yea your definitely dreaming. You sound like ah 14 yr.

playa6816
07-31-2009, 02:07 PM
How is Artest anymore of a headcase than Sheed? IF you've watched Artest the past like 2 years he hasnt done anything to warrant him being a headcase..The techs and ejections against the Lakers were strictly based off his rep, and with Phil there to protect him, the refs will lighten up. I think if anything Artest is the one who plays the head games with opposing players..

PS How is Boston the team to beat? Because they werent healthy last year and they beat LA the year before that? I hate how people refuse to acknowledge that the Lakers werent hurt in the finals against Boston without Bynum and Ariza, two starters from their championship team this year. If both teams were healthy 2 seasons ago, LA would be looking for another 3-peat. Injuries are part of the game though, so you can't say Boston is better this year for no real reason. All of their core players are a year older now, PP, KG, and Allen and Sheed is no spring chicken. Adding Artest gives LA argueably the best perimiter defenders in the league with Kobe. What does Fisher being old have to do with it too, Shannon Brown and Farmar are very capable backups, if you saw the way Brown defended Deron Williams in the first round. Calling Gasol soft is hilarious too, he did a better job on Howard than Perkins did and definitely shed his "soft" label. This is going to be an interesting season coming up, I can't wait to play the SA, Cleveland, Boston, and Orlando this season.

Thats all theory but you honestly think Artest if tested could keep his cool? How? They have Sheed and just signed Marquis Daniels. Added to their big three, legit Allstars and the big improvement of Rondo and Glenn Davis. A healthy Celtics that executes their game plan is the team to beat.

As far as Ariza and Bynum goes. Bynum wasnt that big of a factor this past season and Ariza wasnt that effective at that time either. Even with those 2 theres no way they could have made up the difference for the 40+ point loss in one of the most lopsided deciding games in Finals history.

What does Fisher have too do with being old? Lose a step of course, there are lots of young fast quick PG's in the league now that can run circles around Fisher. Which means that if executed correctly or with the right isolation match up Fisher could get burnt time and again which means someone has to step out to help which means someone else is open. Which perfect when the ball is in the hands of a PG.

The soft label is nothing new as you know. He may have showed some toughness in one series but thats just one series out of many games and in comparison to his career.

playa6816
07-31-2009, 02:12 PM
:rolleyes: you do have a few good cases here so i won't bash you too bad but man peole need to realize that pau isn't as soft as people think he is true he don't match up well against physical centers but people let remember that he is really a power forward and there isn't that many power forwards that match up well with him. LOL Ron is too damn strong and physical for any thre to even see him the only two that come to mind are melo and labron and we saw what kept happening to him when ron got a crack at him. lets see how many times did sports center show bron getting up off the floor. lol. and as for boston true KG anchored that defense but lets remember pp also was punking our threes but lets not forget he's not punkin ron ron. advantage LAKERS.

Well looking at his entire career he was for the most part a 20 and 9 guy but has shown to be soft defensively which is how most european players are anyway. So opposing 4's or 5's if aggressive can have their way against him.

Not sure what your talking about with Ron but i was talking about playing mind games not being physical.

What do you mean by punking our threes? Please explain. LOSS Angeless lakers

bostonfan99
07-31-2009, 02:19 PM
It's not that hard to beat The Lakers, all you need is a healthy Kevin Garnett.

kingkobe
07-31-2009, 02:37 PM
easier saidthan done

wow I was thinking the exact same thing when I was reading his post and was going to say the same thing.

DCB/LAL
07-31-2009, 02:45 PM
LOL at Boston fans man you guys are funny!!! Keep typing you guys make my day......HILARIOUS!! :)

As far as beating LA IDK its tough they can play the fast tempo game and half court game they have the bigs to beat you inside and shooters to beat you outside its tough its pretty much you have to play your best and hope the ball bounces your way with LA!!

tland22
07-31-2009, 02:47 PM
who cares about the Lakers. They wont win it all this year. A healthy Celtics team is still better than the Lakers with the addition of Artest

Bleeds Blue
07-31-2009, 04:13 PM
Things that beat the lakers

4. extremly physical d (the lakers though have learned to deal with this much better)
3. dominant 3 point shooting
2. a fast and athletic pg
1. the lakers

JordansBulls
07-31-2009, 04:17 PM
Need a team that plays solid "defense" and that has a good inside and outside game since LA has both.

ARMIN12NBA
07-31-2009, 04:26 PM

1. Jerry West shared the same exact sentiments last year. Look at the outcome.

2. Remember the Spurs? They were a very slow, half-court squad. The reason why you can't just outrun teams is because the opposing squad can EASILY slow the pace by making the game into a half-court game. It is much harder to play uptempo than it is to take the ball out slowly and run your offense. Since the Lakers have arguably the best half-court offensive system, they are nearly impossible to beat when they stay disciplined.

3. None of the top teams in terms of talent truly run a very uptempo system. Maybe the Mavericks with a squad of Kidd, Howard, Marion, Dirk, and Dampier, but they can be so bad in the half-court that if the Lakers simply stay disciplined, then the Lakers will likely win the game.

ARMIN12NBA
07-31-2009, 04:30 PM
1. Hope the refs give eject Ron Ron for breathing incorrectly.
2. Hope that Bynum is actually injury prone, and that they aren't fluke injuries.
3. Hope their bench stinks it up.
4. Hope Odom focuses more on the twizzler vendor than the game at hand.
5. Hope you have two 7 footers.
6. Get under Kobe's skin...get him frustrated.
7. Hope Ron Ron doesn't know what a triangle is.
8. Pray.

Look...I hate the Lakers as much as the next person, but getting LO back makes them the favorites again. Their first 6 are better than any other team's...by a mile. Their bench is a little questionable, but it can be explosive on any given night. Kobe is one of the games best closers, and the best (at least second best) player in the league. Pau is a great second option, and has very few flaws (he's not soft anymore IMO). They're just stacked...and have the best coach in the league. They are beatable, but in a 7 game series, it's gonna be hella tough to beat the 4 times.

Just to clarify, Artest has already played in the Triangle Offense before.

JordansBulls
07-31-2009, 04:40 PM
Artest makes them better on paper, Ariza makes them better on the court. Ariza fit the team well, played his role to profection. Artest is a 40% fg in the season and playoffs and takes the team out of it at times with his one on one isolation sets and bad shot selection. Hell Ariza steals for LA in that Denver series in Game 1 and Game 3 with less than a 1 minute left in each was absolutely pivotal for LA.

TheGreenMonster
07-31-2009, 04:41 PM
Go Back in Time and get The 92 Bulls to come back and then you can beat this Lakers team... I think the current Spurs team is gunna be really tough too.

JMKnick33
07-31-2009, 04:49 PM
the best way to beat the Lakers is to pull a Bruce Bowen and make it look like an accident and plant your foot under Kobes so that he sprains his ankle. do the same for Gasol, Artest, and Odom and voila!! guaranteed win

DCB/LAL
07-31-2009, 04:59 PM
Artest makes them better on paper, Ariza makes them better on the court. Ariza fit the team well, played his role to profection. Artest is a 40% fg in the season and playoffs and takes the team out of it at times with his one on one isolation sets and bad shot selection. Hell Ariza steals for LA in that Denver series in Game 1 and Game 3 with less than a 1 minute left in each was absolutely pivotal for LA.

How you gonna say that when Artest hasn't even played a game with them yet??? While yes Ariza fit in nicely with the team you can't say "Artest makes them better on paper, Ariza makes them better on the court" because you haven't even seen the team play with Artest who's to say he wont fit in just as good or even better?? While he might not there's a chance he will its 50/50 at the moment so making that comment is non-sense!

ARMIN12NBA
07-31-2009, 05:01 PM
Artest makes them better on paper, Ariza makes them better on the court. Ariza fit the team well, played his role to profection. Artest is a 40% fg in the season and playoffs and takes the team out of it at times with his one on one isolation sets and bad shot selection.

Not really. Artest was playing his own role in Houston. He was FORCED to be the top playmaker in that situation. That was his job. He is not a great playmaker or top offensive option, which resulted in bad shot selection.

On the Lakers, he will play a different role in a different situation. A role he has played and perfect before. He will be the lockdown perimeter defender. Mitch and Ron discussed the role already and Artest said his main job will be to hold his opposition to less than 15 points.

People forget, but Ariza took plenty of bad shots and made plenty of bad decisions on the Lakers. Not to mention how awful his defense became in the WCF that Phil Jackson went against his normal ways, listened to Kobe's demands to guard Carmelo, and allowed Kobe to guard Carmelo. Ariza was so weak and so awful that Jackson had to do something and he even risked Kobe's fitness level during the last stretch of the game.

Basically, Ariza has become pure legend. Artest is the proven commodity who can do what Ariza's legend did except better.

Hell Ariza steals for LA in that Denver series in Game 1 and Game 3 with less than a 1 minute left in each was absolutely pivotal for LA.

That is an awful argument to make. Two good plays that span 10 seconds overall do not supplant or overtake 48 minutes of NBA basketball. Many players over the years have made these amazing, unforgettable plays...It doesn't mean the players should be taken over another. It would be like arguing Fisher has supremacy over Billups because of the shots he made against Orlando. That is not a fact or even a legitimate argument.

kobebabe
07-31-2009, 05:02 PM

your thoughts are lame....outrun lakers to win a 7 games series? U got to be kiddin!!!

NBAdyNASTY
07-31-2009, 05:07 PM
Tim Duncan

:laugh::no: ..... not lately.

NBAdyNASTY
07-31-2009, 05:10 PM

How do you figure?..... Artest hasn't even played one game with the Lakers yet and you're saying this. Homer.

stensley
07-31-2009, 05:20 PM

what team can do all of these things:confused:

lakers4sho
07-31-2009, 05:23 PM
zone defense

Because the triangle is a passing offense, the natural instinct of the Lakers is to pass out of the zone (especially without slashers other than Kobe), which we all know is no-no against a good, honest zone defense

point guard P&R

most effective against Laker defense. Our PGs are too slow to keep up, the other guys are too lazy to rotate

lull them to sleep

It's pretty hard to describe this in words. Keep the game stagnant, while slowly building the lead. Phil Jackson doesn't like to call timeouts that much and/or substitute his players. Hope that you have built a pretty considerable lead already before he calls a timeout.

Of course the Lakers are going to figure things out in the postseason. It isn't that hard to beat them in the regular season, where they are pretty much out of focus and are inconsistent.

ARMIN12NBA
07-31-2009, 05:28 PM
zone defense

Because the triangle is a passing offense, the natural instinct of the Lakers is to pass out of the zone (especially without slashers other than Kobe), which we all know is no-no against a good, honest zone defense

point guard P&R

most effective against Laker defense. Our PGs are too slow to keep up, the other guys are too lazy to rotate

lull them to sleep

It's pretty hard to describe this in words. Keep the game stagnant, while slowly building the lead. Phil Jackson doesn't like to call timeouts that much and/or substitute his players. Hope that you have built a pretty considerable lead already before he calls a timeout.

Of course the Lakers are going to figure things out in the postseason. It isn't that hard to beat them in the regular season, where they are pretty much out of focus and are inconsistent.

Phil Jackson changed his ways this past playoffs though. He started to call a lot more time-outs especially in the WCF and the Finals.

GAWDtv
07-31-2009, 05:30 PM
hOUSTON WOULD HAVE BEAT THEM IF YAO DIDN'T GO DOWN IN that GAME in the playoffs.

spurs4#5
07-31-2009, 05:32 PM
someone in here said that the lakers have the best 6 in the nba??? this person is obviously a homer....to say that everybody on the lakers is better than the spurs...

fisher better than parker???
gasol better than duncan???
bynum beter than mcdyess???
odom better than ginobili???
artest better than jefferson???

kobe bryant is the only better player on that team that better than the spurs

plpfctn
07-31-2009, 05:39 PM
The 08' Lakers couldn't match the physicality of Boston. But they were missing Bynum &
Ariza, 2 starters. Bynum is back & Artest is way more physical than Ariza.

ditto. plus, the lakers beat the celtics both times last year in the regular season. the celtics were healthy and the lakers were missing andrew bynum for one of those games. lakers didn't have shannon brown either and he will play a HUGE role next year. could be the future starting PG for Lakers.

lakers4sho
07-31-2009, 05:47 PM
Phil Jackson changed his ways this past playoffs though. He started to call a lot more time-outs especially in the WCF and the Finals.

I agree. But I think he's going back to his old ways during the regular season (so that the players would learn from themselves). The playoffs is a whole new game and the same rules don't apply there anymore.

someone in here said that the lakers have the best 6 in the nba??? this person is obviously a homer....to say that everybody on the lakers is better than the spurs...

Your logic tells me that the Clippers are the best team in the NBA.

soundjunkies2
07-31-2009, 05:49 PM

The only person being a homer is you.

Btw the person who said that i believe is a magics fan.

spurs4#5
07-31-2009, 05:51 PM
The only person being a homer is you.

Btw the person who said that i believe is a magics fan.

ummm no...im not saying we have the best 6 i was just making a point...but good job trying to sound smart

Bashna
07-31-2009, 05:54 PM
Don't bother Spurs4#5. This thread is nothing but tons of Lakers homers and complete idiots that know little to nothing.

plpfctn
07-31-2009, 05:57 PM

You have to go with the matchups:

Parker is better than Fisher but watch out for Shannon Brown
Kobe is better than Ginobilli
Artest and RJ is a push. Artest can focus on defense finally and he'll obviously shut down RJ.
Bynum is 7 feet. what is a 6,9 mcdyess going to do? Bynum is clearly better than mcdyess.
Duncan is slightly better than Gasol. although Gasol's stats are better than Duncan's.
Odom off the bench is better than anyone the Spurs have.

Plus, Phil Jackson owns Popovich. PJ outwits him almost every time. Jackson's Lakers have beaten Popovich's Spurs 4 times in the playoffs. Popovich has only one series victory. Lakers are clearly better than the Spurs. Hell, the nuggets, mavericks and blazers are better than the Spurs.

plpfctn
07-31-2009, 05:59 PM
Don't bother Spurs4#5. This thread is nothing but tons of Lakers homers and complete idiots that know little to nothing.

oh, ok...yes, the lakers are pathetic and won't make the playoffs even though the team got stronger in the offseason after just winning a championship. lots of logic there. yes, LAKERS SUCK BECAUSE THEY JUST WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP!!! get someone to fight those woodpeckers around your head.

SouljahPhil...
07-31-2009, 06:08 PM

watever dude...let's just wait for the season....I can't wait for it to start..

RollinDeep
07-31-2009, 06:09 PM
You have to go with the matchups:

Parker is better than Fisher but watch out for Shannon Brown
Kobe is better than Ginobilli
Artest and RJ is a push. Artest can focus on defense finally and he'll obviously shut down RJ.
Bynum is 7 feet. what is a 6,9 mcdyess going to do? Bynum is clearly better than mcdyess.
Duncan is slightly better than Gasol. although Gasol's stats are better than Duncan's.
Odom off the bench is better than anyone the Spurs have.

Plus, Phil Jackson owns Popovich. PJ outwits him almost every time. Jackson's Lakers have beaten Popovich's Spurs 4 times in the playoffs. Popovich has only one series victory. Lakers are clearly better than the Spurs. Hell, the nuggets, mavericks and blazers are better than the Spurs.

Fisher < Parker
Kobe > Ginobli
Artest = Jefferson
Gasol > Mcdyess
Bynum < Duncan
Odom > Mason? Whomever is the 6th best player on the Spurs.

And if I remember, Bynum played some really strong D against Duncan. So I'd imagine Bynum would match up against Tim, so that Gasol can have at it against a shorter Mcdyess.

RollinDeep
07-31-2009, 06:10 PM
Oh, and for the topic.

Chuck Norris can beat the Lakers.

spurs4#5
07-31-2009, 06:27 PM
Fisher < Parker
Kobe > Ginobli
Artest = Jefferson
Gasol > Mcdyess
Bynum < Duncan
Odom > Mason? Whomever is the 6th best player on the Spurs.

And if I remember, Bynum played some really strong D against Duncan. So I'd imagine Bynum would match up against Tim, so that Gasol can have at it against a shorter Mcdyess.

fisher< parker
kobe>>>> mason
artest=jefferson
and here's ehere it gets tricky...who ever bynum matches up against is gonna do some damage...if he plays duncan he'll get into foul trouble...if he matches up against mcdyess he cant just stay at the rim he'll have to come out and respect his shot cause he can knock that down with ease....so with that being said...they need bynum close to the rim
duncan>>>>bynum
mcdyess<gasol
odom>ginobili

gasol is a great low post player but you cant take away from mcdyess's defense

spurs4#5
07-31-2009, 06:29 PM
odom<ginobili

dbeastly
07-31-2009, 06:32 PM
According to NBA 2k9 this would beat the Lakers:
First you need a superstar that can match up with Kobe(Wade)
Next you need a defensive minded center(Andris Beidrins)
You need a relatively quick point guard(Aaron Brooks)
You need a combo forward(Gerald Wallace)
You need a threat at the other forward spot(Al Jefferson)
You need a quick shooting guard to come off the bench(Daquan Cook)
You need some decent bench players

Pg-Aaron Brooks/Daniel Gibson
Sg-Dwyane Wade/Daquan Cook
Sf-Gerald Wallace/Rodney Carney
Pf-Al Jefferson/Hakim Warrick
C-Andris Beidrins/Marcin Gortat

spurs4#5
07-31-2009, 06:34 PM
and the whole point of me even saying these match ups is because someone said the lakers have the best 6 in the nba...boston orlando and the spurs have a better 6....but thats not what wins championships...its chemistry and no matter how we look at who is better on paper it will be a totally different story on the court...chemistry is everything boston lakers and the spurs are the only teams that have coaches who know how to make a system work and get there teams on the same page to compete for a title

ManRam
07-31-2009, 06:35 PM

I said it, and considering I am a Magic fan, and dislike the Lakers...I doubt I'm being a homer. But who knows.

You named 5 players...I said their first 6. Parker is better than Fisher. Gasol is slightly worse than Duncan (not by much). I'll take Bynum over McDyess, not by much. I'll take Kobe over Manu (SGs, don't compare a PF to a SG). I'll take Artest over RJ (not by much again). I'll take Odom over the first person off the bench if those 5 start for the Spurs...in a heart beat.

samxeyeam
07-31-2009, 06:36 PM
Im just gonna ignore the player for player matchup because basketball is a team game where the team with the best teamwork with players make the team, not individual efforts...

To beat the lakers I have to agree with some of guys with a offensive minded PG that is willing to attack the basket and also someone to attack the laker Bigs to get them in foul trouble. On defense, play a rotating zone defense and close out on shooters.

Lakers, on the other hand, can also self-destruct with artests shooting spree, bench not showing up to play, and kobe having a bad shooting night...

spurs4#5
07-31-2009, 06:44 PM
I said it, and considering I am a Magic fan, and dislike the Lakers...I doubt I'm being a homer. But who knows.

You named 5 players...I said their first 6. Parker is better than Fisher. Gasol is slightly worse than Duncan (not by much). I'll take Bynum over McDyess, not by much. I'll take Kobe over Manu (SGs, don't compare a PF to a SG). I'll take Artest over RJ (not by much again). I'll take Odom over the first person off the bench if those 5 start for the Spurs...in a heart beat.

my bad for calling u a homer.....and while i totally agree with your comment on how if ginobili starts than bryant is better but thats not how it works...ginobili comng off the bench is a much bigger impact player than odom...and i can understand why you would take artest over jefferson...but i would take jefferson over artest just because he is more consistent than artest and has better playoff experience than him....i take mcdyess over bynum just because he can pull the big man away from the rim on defense and has a consistent jumper...and well duncan is just a better overall player by far than gasol

Lakers4ItAll
07-31-2009, 06:45 PM

LOL ok.... Kobe is still the best player in the NBA and can guard any other guard. And Bynum is a true center . Defense wins championships not offense, thus why the Suns never won ****

lakers4sho
07-31-2009, 06:46 PM
First you need a superstar that can match up with Kobe
Next you need a defensive minded center
You need a relatively quick point guard
You need a combo forward
You need a threat at the other forward spot
You need a quick shooting guard to come off the bench

1) Kobe
2) Bynum
3) Farmar
4) Odom
5) Gasol, Artest
6) Shannon Brown
7) Walton, Vujacic, Odom

;)

KB---24
07-31-2009, 07:06 PM
Basically no team except the Spurs in the west and maybe the Nuggets will have a small chance to beat the Lakers. In the East it should be either the Magic or Celtics

Hawkeye15
07-31-2009, 08:16 PM
why was this thread started? Do we not have enough threads where Laker fans pronounce their indestructibility?

playa6816
08-01-2009, 05:04 AM
hOUSTON WOULD HAVE BEAT THEM IF YAO DIDN'T GO DOWN IN that GAME in the playoffs.

Yep and to think the rockets almost beat LAL witout him...

playa6816
08-01-2009, 05:09 AM
ditto. plus, the lakers beat the celtics both times last year in the regular season. the celtics were healthy and the lakers were missing andrew bynum for one of those games. lakers didn't have shannon brown either and he will play a HUGE role next year. could be the future starting PG for Lakers.

That doesnt change the fact that the celtics destroyed the Lakers in the pivotal game 6. If it were a close game then perhaps Bynum would have made a difference. But not when its a 40+ point blow out. Ariza was not that big of a factor at that time.

I saw both games and to honest Celtics beat themselves thru lack of execution on both ends of the floor. One of the main things that stick out is Garnett shooting jumpshots rather then posting up and attack Gasol. Cant remember what else it was so long ago already. Bynum was just ok this past season. Shannon Brown hes ok not sure what all the hype is about hes just an ok role player.

playa6816
08-01-2009, 05:10 AM

lol what can you expect from most Laker fans. Its just that LA vibe. Its bad fo ya!

playa6816
08-01-2009, 05:12 AM
oh, ok...yes, the lakers are pathetic and won't make the playoffs even though the team got stronger in the offseason after just winning a championship. lots of logic there. yes, LAKERS SUCK BECAUSE THEY JUST WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP!!! get someone to fight those woodpeckers around your head.

lol thats funny coming from a supposed Laker fan

playa6816
08-01-2009, 05:14 AM
First you need a superstar that can match up with Kobe(Wade)
Next you need a defensive minded center(Andris Beidrins)
You need a relatively quick point guard(Aaron Brooks)
You need a combo forward(Gerald Wallace)
You need a threat at the other forward spot(Al Jefferson)
You need a quick shooting guard to come off the bench(Daquan Cook)

Pg-Aaron Brooks/Daniel Gibson
Sg-Dwyane Wade/Daquan Cook
Sf-Gerald Wallace/Rodney Carney
Pf-Al Jefferson/Hakim Warrick
C-Andris Beidrins/Marcin Gortat

Or you could be the Bobcats during the regular season. Or Denver or Houstan during the Playoffs.

playa6816
08-01-2009, 05:18 AM
my bad for calling u a homer.....and while i totally agree with your comment on how if ginobili starts than bryant is better but thats not how it works...ginobili comng off the bench is a much bigger impact player than odom...and i can understand why you would take artest over jefferson...but i would take jefferson over artest just because he is more consistent than artest and has better playoff experience than him....i take mcdyess over bynum just because he can pull the big man away from the rim on defense and has a consistent jumper...and well duncan is just a better overall player by far than gasol

Jefferson is better offensively but not so much defensively.

Mcdyess as you said does a have a more reliable jumper and also has the upper on the defensive end. Duncan defenitely a lot better defensively then Gasoft.

Butchskee5
08-01-2009, 05:22 AM
How to beat the Lakers??? Dethrone David Stern and ban all cheating refs from the NBA. That includes the Lakers' star player, Dick Bavetta.

bolts4ever
08-01-2009, 06:19 AM
Things that beat the lakers

4. extremly physical d (the lakers though have learned to deal with this much better)
3. dominant 3 point shooting
2. a fast and athletic pg
1. the lakers

I hate to sound like a HOMER!!
But CELTICS FAN!!!! These are not THE 08 FINALS!!!
THIS laker TEAM IS MUCH BETTER!!!

WE WILL CHALLENGE 4 DA BEST DEFENSE IN DA LEAUGE!!

WHY WE WILL BEAT THE C's

These are the X's and O's

1.)Who's defending kobe??? JAMES POSEY is not walking through that door!!

1A.) Celtics are an Isolation or a jump shooting team LA is a great reobounding team. (Missed jump shoots+ defense rebounding= fastbreaks)

2.) No post presence!! KG mostly stays around the MID range and SHEED loves 3's

3.) Because os RONDO poor perimeter shooting RONDO is usually not a factor against. LA. We make him shoot J's.

J-Relo
08-01-2009, 06:42 AM

1. You obviously didn't get what he wanted to say.
2. You obviously are Spurs fan.

he said that>

Lakers 5 + 6th man are better than any others starting 5 and 6th man...

so Fisher+Kobe+Artest+Odom+Gasol+Bynum > Parker+Mason+Ginobili+Jefferson+Duncan+Mcdyess

some hints: Kobe is best player, Duncan is better than Gasol but at this point of career he isn't too far, Bynum is better than Mcdyess and also i would make serious case on Artest being better than Jeff...

playa6816
08-01-2009, 06:21 PM
I hate to sound like a HOMER!!
But CELTICS FAN!!!! These are not THE 08 FINALS!!!
THIS laker TEAM IS MUCH BETTER!!!

WE WILL CHALLENGE 4 DA BEST DEFENSE IN DA LEAUGE!!

WHY WE WILL BEAT THE C's

These are the X's and O's

1.)Who's defending kobe??? JAMES POSEY is not walking through that door!!

1A.) Celtics are an Isolation or a jump shooting team LA is a great reobounding team. (Missed jump shoots+ defense rebounding= fastbreaks)

2.) No post presence!! KG mostly stays around the MID range and SHEED loves 3's

3.) Because os RONDO poor perimeter shooting RONDO is usually not a factor against. LA. We make him shoot J's.

You do sound very much like a homer! So your saying this Magic team is better then the 08 Celtics? I watched the series except for the last game. Every single game until game 5 was close and by game 4 the Magic could have easily been up 3-1. But their late game collapses and inexperience did them in. Even my uncle who is a long time Laker fan admitted the same thing.

As far as defending Kobe, rotate players from Tony, Ray, House, Daniels and maybe even Rondo. When hes on the perimeter just jump and contest his shot every time. Hand in the face or go for the block. If kobe puts the ball on the floor pressure his dribble and when he takes up the dribble then let the help defender go up just after he leaves the ground to contest the shot.

Ah but see Wallace and KG both can play in the post. Put Wallace at the 5 and let him set up beyond the arch. Iso KG in the post, tell him be aggressive and attack the rim especially if Gasoft is on him. Then switch roles let KG roam the mid range for the catch and shoot and Wallace post up on the iso.

Rondo with Allen, Pierce, KG and Wallace can definitely be a factor because all of them besides Rondo can shoot from the perimeter. Run the pick and Roll or the pick and pop with Wallace. Or simply spread the floor and Iso Rondo. Rondo one on one with Fisher is easily Celtic advantage if Rondo uses his speed and quickness and constantly is running and making old man Fishy work. There is no way Fisher could hope to keep up.

Also whoever Kobe is guarding should be constantly running off of screens and cutting toward and away from the rim especially if its Ray Allen. Make Kobe work and expend lots of energy on the defensive end. Then with the glut of guard rotation against him they can all use alot of energy to contest everything Kobe puts up. For as good as Kobe is he can be shut down.

DCB/LAL
08-01-2009, 06:50 PM
You do sound very much like a homer! So your saying this Magic team is better then the 08 Celtics? I watched the series except for the last game. Every single game until game 5 was close and by game 4 the Magic could have easily been up 3-1. But their late game collapses and inexperience did them in. Even my uncle who is a long time Laker fan admitted the same thing.

As far as defending Kobe, rotate players from Tony, Ray, House, Daniels and maybe even Rondo. When hes on the perimeter just jump and contest his shot every time. Hand in the face or go for the block. If kobe puts the ball on the floor pressure his dribble and when he takes up the dribble then let the help defender go up just after he leaves the ground to contest the shot.
Ah but see Wallace and KG both can play in the post. Put Wallace at the 5 and let him set up beyond the arch. Iso KG in the post, tell him be aggressive and attack the rim especially if Gasoft is on him. Then switch roles let KG roam the mid range for the catch and shoot and Wallace post up on the iso.

Rondo with Allen, Pierce, KG and Wallace can definitely be a factor because all of them besides Rondo can shoot from the perimeter. Run the pick and Roll or the pick and pop with Wallace. Or simply spread the floor and Iso Rondo. Rondo one on one with Fisher is easily Celtic advantage if Rondo uses his speed and quickness and constantly is running and making old man Fishy work. There is no way Fisher could hope to keep up.

Also whoever Kobe is guarding should be constantly running off of screens and cutting toward and away from the rim especially if its Ray Allen. Make Kobe work and expend lots of energy on the defensive end. Then with the glut of guard rotation against him they can all use alot of energy to contest everything Kobe puts up. For as good as Kobe is he can be shut down.

IDK why people try and make it sound so easy if it were this easy you would be coaching the Celtics but its not that easy so unfortunately for you making it seem that easy is just i guess a serious case of denial that the Lakers are the best team in the league and as far as "For as good as Kobe is he can be shut down" :rolleyes: Yeah good one im pretty sure teams have been trying for years to shut him down and now all of sudden you got the master plan to shut him down???? You should be working for an NBA team man HAHAHAHA

Oh one more thing........NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!

superkegger
08-01-2009, 08:01 PM
I think the only way you can beat the Lakers is if you score more points than them. This way has worked 100% of the time.

lakersrock
08-01-2009, 08:05 PM
Get Bynum and Odom in foul trouble and have two guys score 25+ while containing Kobe. Getting Artest thrown out wouldn't hurt either.

daleja424
08-01-2009, 08:06 PM
take kobe out of the game...by whatever means necessary... :D

Zefflin
08-01-2009, 08:12 PM
As far as defending Kobe, rotate players from House, and maybe even Rondo. For as good as Kobe is he can be shut down.

That didn't work this year they'll try again next year...and :laugh2: at house and rondo guarding Kobe.

CowboysKB24
08-01-2009, 08:38 PM

Is this a joke?

Lakers are the best team in the NBA right now. They improved over the off-season with replacing Ariza with Ron Ron Artest.

Some people just need to drop it. I don't think they are a lock to win it, but they have the best chance than any other team or just as good no matter what way you would like to argue against it.

CowboysKB24
08-01-2009, 08:43 PM
take kobe out of the game...by whatever means necessary... :D

With great teams like the Lakers you have to stop more than just Kobe. It goes the same for Celtics, Magic and other past/present great teams. If you stop just KG, the Celtics still have a great chance at winning. You have to play a complete game to win against these teams.

vash9
08-01-2009, 08:44 PM

that made me laugh pretty hard. Haha.

all you can do is hope that Kobe, Gasol, Fisher break both all their arms at the same time. That's all i can say.

Getting better defense to stop their offense is harder than said.

CowboysKB24
08-01-2009, 08:45 PM
1. You obviously didn't get what he wanted to say.
2. You obviously are Spurs fan.

he said that>

Lakers 5 + 6th man are better than any others starting 5 and 6th man...

so Fisher+Kobe+Artest+Odom+Gasol+Bynum > Parker+Mason+Ginobili+Jefferson+Duncan+Mcdyess

some hints: Kobe is best player, Duncan is better than Gasol but at this point of career he isn't too far, Bynum is better than Mcdyess and also i would make serious case on Artest being better than Jeff...

I agree, Artest is more versatile than Jefferson. Jeff is more of a pure shooter. He is a GREAT addition to the Spurs team, but he is one dimensional. I would take Artest over Jefferson. Artest have great defense and can shoot the jumper, 3-ball, and run the fast break and take to the rim (average on offense at pretty much everything, but still effective on the offensive end).

rjvacad
08-01-2009, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by playa6816
[QUOTE=playa6816;10355870]Yup Boston when Healthy is the team to beat. QUOTE]

I what so badly to face boston in the finals and for them to be completely healthy, I'm so sick of seeing this if boston is heathly crap, makes me sick.

Go Dodgers!
08-01-2009, 09:15 PM
How to beat the Lakers??? Dethrone David Stern and ban all cheating refs from the NBA. That includes the Lakers' star player, Dick Bavetta.

LMAO I officially have heard it all in this thread..

rjvacad
08-01-2009, 09:18 PM

rjvacad
08-01-2009, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butchskee5

LMAO I officially have heard it all in this thread..

LMAO x2

ggg
08-01-2009, 11:23 PM
lakers got the complete package both offense and defense coz of Kobe Pau and Lamar. gotta have players that can out play atleast two of em.

WoodbridgeSkins
08-01-2009, 11:32 PM
To beat the Lakers, you would leave a trail of candy and hit Odom over the head, call Artest a *** in front of a cop causing arrest, have a white girl lure Kobe and charge him with rape, tell Bynum there's all you can eat cheeseburgers at a local restaurant, and tell Gasol his cousin Fernando was gored by a bull back in Pamplona, Spain. They would lose. Anyways...

Lakers are gonna be tough to beat. Getting in Artest's head and trying to get Gasol and Kobe in foul trouble early is a good start.

Legitimate
08-02-2009, 12:14 AM
You don't need to try beat the Lakers, they will do it to themselves(injury bug) :).

IMO, shut down Kobe and get Bynum in early foul trouble is how you beat them.

wileyisTOFU
08-02-2009, 12:37 AM
hopefully kobe's acl explodes

tp13baby
08-02-2009, 12:37 AM
you need big strong guys that can defend them.
let kobe score 50.
the lakers are worse when that happened. the more assists kobe has the more wins they put up. it was on the playoffs.
the nuggets were stupid and started doubling kobe.
they will repeat now that there bench is even stronger.
but maybe boston ............

DoubleDragon
08-02-2009, 01:02 AM

:drool:

Wow...
this is your plan?
Do I really need to say anything?

:drool:

Dnovakovic099
08-02-2009, 01:23 AM
Are you kidding Lakers fans??? While the Lakers are a very good team, they are definitely not a favorite over the rest of the NBA. You guys make it seem as though it would be a surprise if someone else one the championship.

Don't Forget:

1. The Celtics ALREADY beat them. You say the Lakers didn't have Bynum and Artest, but the Celtics didn't have Sheed and Rondo wasn't even as close as good as he is this year.

2. Spurs, Magic, Cleavland, and the Celtics all have insanely good teams.

3. You guys can't beat Portland. Don't know why, but you get owned by them.

3. You should have lost to the Rockets. You would have lost to them if Yao didn't get injured. You wan't the answer to the thread? Ask Rick Adelman and the 2008 Rockets squad. To think the Lakers almost lost to to a Rockets squad without Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming!!!

DODGERS&LAKERS
08-02-2009, 01:29 AM
Are you kidding Lakers fans??? While the Lakers are a very good team, they are definitely not a favorite over the rest of the NBA. You guys make it seem as though it would be a surprise if someone else one the championship.

Don't Forget:

1. The Celtics ALREADY beat them. You say the Lakers didn't have Bynum and Artest, but the Celtics didn't have Sheed and Rondo wasn't even as close as good as he is this year.

3. You should have lost to the Rockets. You would have lost to them if Yao didn't get injured. You wan't the answer to the thread? Ask Rick Adelman and the 2008 Rockets squad. To think the Lakers almost lost to to a Rockets squad without Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming!!!

That is true. If you can convince your GM to get rid of all the talent on the roster, you can perhaps lull the Lakers into a coma and maybe beat them in 7. Rockets tried it last year. It didn't work out too well for them though. But boring the Lakers to death is the best idea Ive seen in this thread. The rest of the ideas are useless

what54!?
08-02-2009, 01:53 AM
that can be beat

iluvsports2much
08-02-2009, 01:59 AM

oh its not the defending NBA champs anymore???:confused:

J$mo0th_3o5
08-02-2009, 02:02 AM
To beat the Lakers, you would leave a trail of candy and hit Odom over the head, call Artest a *** in front of a cop causing arrest, have a white girl lure Kobe and charge him with rape, tell Bynum there's all you can eat cheeseburgers at a local restaurant, and tell Gasol his cousin Fernando was gored by a bull back in Pamplona, Spain. They would lose. Anyways...

Lakers are gonna be tough to beat. Getting in Artest's head and trying to get Gasol and Kobe in foul trouble early is a good start.

:laugh:

Legitimate
08-02-2009, 02:04 AM

Don't Forget:

^Excellent post. Lakers fans are speechless. Now let the " you are just a hater" response come out. Just goes to prove that the Lakers got lucky to be holding the championship. Congrats on winning the Nba finals, but ya'll got lucky.

iluvsports2much
08-02-2009, 02:05 AM
You don't need to try beat the Lakers, they will do it to themselves(injury bug) :).

wow....why didnt any of the other 29 teams ever think of this plan????you should be a head coach...:smoking:

tp13baby
08-02-2009, 02:07 AM

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
this is so ******* funny

iluvsports2much
08-02-2009, 02:09 AM
^Excellent post. Lakers fans are speechless. Now let the " you are just a hater" response come out. Just goes to prove that the Lakers got lucky to be holding the championship. Congrats on winning the Nba finals, but ya'll got lucky.

i could EASILY say the same thing bout the celts gettin lucky with ariza and bynum out in 08 so dont go there...a win is a win and a loss is a loss...lakers won,rockets didnt...:clap:

promixxer
08-02-2009, 02:28 AM

This is true that you have to try and out tough them but the problem is, they have already been punched in the mouth. It won't happen again, especially with artest. Lesson learned the hard way. not only did they get punched in the mouth by boston but it was for the ring also. That won't happen again.

promixxer
08-02-2009, 02:31 AM

Don't Forget:

Season games don't mean squat. Orlando blew up the lakers twice last year and the lakers dominated them in the finals. without bynum.....or artest

IDB Josh M
08-02-2009, 05:00 AM

The Knicks.

Don't Forget:

Hmmmm... First of all, to say that the lakers are not favorites to win the title again is ... noobish. And I see by your post count you fit the bill for the term "noob." The lakers, are the defending champions, check. They only lost one player to free agency (trevor ariza) and wound up getting a replacement for that one player lost (Ron Artest). How are they not the favorites?

Laker fans don't say anything about almost losing to Houston AND Denver. Houston pushed lakers to seven games without yao and tmac, and Denver was physically tough. But ... you can easily say the same thing about the 2008 Boston Celtics. Atlanta pushed Boston to seven games. Cleveland pushed Boston to seven games. And the Lakers didn't have Bynum or Ariza. I'd make the argument that Boston would still likely win even if Bynum and Ariza was in the lineup.

You know what Dnovakovic099? t(^_^t)

Luck is simply when opportunity and preparation meet. Everyone is lucky.

Bones10564
08-02-2009, 05:44 AM
Abandon ALL Hope!!
Lakers = Champions!!

DerekRE_3
08-02-2009, 05:59 AM
1. Be the Charlotte Bobcats
2. Ask the Charlotte Bobcats how they do it

(The Bobcats have beaten the Lakers 6 out of the last 7 times they have played)

ARMIN12NBA
08-02-2009, 06:17 AM

^ This.

bolts4ever
08-02-2009, 06:28 AM

Don't Forget:

SIR how many TIMES HAVE U BEATEN US SINCE THE 08 FINALS!!! ZERO!

We have the best OFFENSE in the NBA and a top 3 defense. So U are saying U are better than us in what phase???? Well let's see.

Age=Lakers
Offense= Lakers (no answer for KB24)
Defense= slight edge C's. LA is top 3
Bench= Lakers by a Land slide
Reboundin= Lakers (better athletes)
Better playoff road team= Lakers( how many road playoff games did BOSTON win in 08...1)

Oooooh and to ur barely beating the ROckets it took U 12 Overtime games to get out of the FIRST ROUND!! Only to loose to the team we slaughtered in the FINALS 4-1.
And don't give mw that KG was hurt junk.
When Bynum got hurt in 08 LA still !!!! made it to the finals.

Kobe4Life
08-02-2009, 09:05 AM
Buckle up, Lakers will be in the driver seat of this league for the next 3-4 years and you all know it so stop the hating. So many damn haters on psd on the lakers it make me laugh. Trying to say Lakers are not the favorite yeah ok , and who is Timbewolves? Yeah ok. When kobe is holding the trophy again next year, let me ask you something...How does it taste to all you haters?

Kobe4Life
08-02-2009, 09:11 AM

Don't Forget:

LOL!!! Should I say more? This guy is straight trash.

Iron24th
08-02-2009, 10:54 AM

We have the best OFFENSE in the NBA and a top 3 defense. So U are saying U are better than us in what phase???? Well let's see.

Age=Lakers
Better playoff road team= Lakers( how many road playoff games did BOSTON win in 08...1)

Oooooh and to ur barely beating the ROckets it took U 12 Overtime games to get out of the FIRST ROUND!! Only to loose to the team we slaughtered in the FINALS 4-1.

Can't say anything better :clap: my man!

IDB Josh M
08-02-2009, 12:52 PM

Yeah ... the Bobcats.

Brooke
08-02-2009, 12:53 PM

Age=Lakers

:clap:

Toenail Clipper
08-02-2009, 12:54 PM
Throw something at Ron Ron so there's a fight, then Lakers can't win games.
WOOOO

Illuminati999
08-02-2009, 01:30 PM
How you gonna say that when Artest hasn't even played a game with them yet??? While yes Ariza fit in nicely with the team you can't say "Artest makes them better on paper, Ariza makes them better on the court" because you haven't even seen the team play with Artest who's to say he wont fit in just as good or even better?? While he might not there's a chance he will its 50/50 at the moment so making that comment is non-sense!

No offense dude, but you either have a mental disability or are super ignorant. Do you know what it means "on paper?" He is combining two statements into one.

1.) Seeing as we haven't seen Artest play with the Lakers, we can hypothesize that Artest is an upgrade over Ariza, hence, the Lakers are better "on paper."

2.) Ariza was a sure thing. While not better than Artest (as most believe), Ariza was consistent and it was a safe bet for him at SF.

On paper means exactly that... on paper, NOT on the court. Just get off his nuts and relax. =p

Illuminati999
08-02-2009, 01:44 PM

I love the Spurs more than the Lakers but you don't even match it up position for position. I could do it like this and make the Lakers win in almost all but 1.

Duncan better than Kobe???
Parker better than Gasol???
Jefferson better than Odom???
Mcdyess better than Artest???
Hill/Mason better than Bynum???

See, Lakers win every time =p.

This is a more fair unbiased analysis.

Fisher < Parker
Kobe > Ginobili
Artest = Jefferson (only say equal to try and be unbiased)
Gasol> Mcdyess
Bynum < Tim Duncan (he plays more 5)

Odom > Any bench player on the Spurs by a significant margin. (other than Ginobili because I already counted him as part of the best 6)

DCB/LAL
08-02-2009, 04:32 PM
No offense dude, but you either have a mental disability or are super ignorant. Do you know what it means "on paper?" He is combining two statements into one.

1.) Seeing as we haven't seen Artest play with the Lakers, we can hypothesize that Artest is an upgrade over Ariza, hence, the Lakers are better "on paper."

2.) Ariza was a sure thing. While not better than Artest (as most believe), Ariza was consistent and it was a safe bet for him at SF.

On paper means exactly that... on paper, NOT on the court. Just get off his nuts and relax. =p

OK??? Here we go Never ever go FULL ****** you PEE ON!!! Can you not read here ill QUOTE IT AGAIN!!!

"Artest makes them better on paper, Ariza makes them better on the court"

I would of never said what i said had he just said "on paper"!!!! But you see the BOLDED part where it says "Ariza makes them better on the court" yeah thats him saying Ariza makes them better on the court which he is no longer talking about just "on paper" you IGNORAMUS!!!!

I feel so SORRY for you ill get you some hooked on phonics so your dumba** can learn how to read you illiterate *UCK!!

Yes he was combining 2 statements into 1 but the first one was saying Artest makes them better "on paper" the second one was him saying "Ariza makes them better on the court" i simply said you cant say "Ariza makes them better on the court" without watching Artest play with them how does he know Artest doesn't "make them better on paper" AND "ON THE COURT"??? That is what i was arguing!!!

Brooke
08-02-2009, 04:45 PM

sure when you play with Kobe and Pau who garner so much attention therefore you get lots of open looks it makes you look consistent. I doubt he gets that next year

bigsams50
08-02-2009, 05:20 PM
THe lakers cockyness will lead to their eventual defeat

playa6816
08-02-2009, 06:27 PM
IDK why people try and make it sound so easy if it were this easy you would be coaching the Celtics but its not that easy so unfortunately for you making it seem that easy is just i guess a serious case of denial that the Lakers are the best team in the league and as far as "For as good as Kobe is he can be shut down" :rolleyes: Yeah good one im pretty sure teams have been trying for years to shut him down and now all of sudden you got the master plan to shut him down???? You should be working for an NBA team man HAHAHAHA

Oh one more thing........NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!

Where in my post did i say it was easy? There's a difference between saying it can be done and saying that its easy to do! Best team? When they barely got past a rockets team that had no Yao or T Mac. Squeaked past a Nuggets team. The first 4 games in the finals could have gone either way. And the fact that Boston was not healthy, and not playing its best and without garnett. So are you denying that Kobe was never shut down? lol if you are you better do your research because its been done.

A thanks man! Take that as a compliment!

What you talking about no soup?

playa6816
08-02-2009, 06:29 PM
That didn't work this year they'll try again next year...and :laugh2: at house and rondo guarding Kobe.

Thats because no one executed correctly.

playa6816
08-02-2009, 06:36 PM

Don't Forget:

Yea exactly! Add the Bobcats to that list. Oh wait thats right they arent elite but dont tell the Lakers that cuz they lost to them TWICE! haha

Idiot homer laker fans talkin like Lakers are unbeatable. Wake up! they good but they aint that good. Yea they got artest but they lost Ariza.

Magic, Cleveland, Spurs and Celtics all added without subtraction and got better.

HuRRiCaNeS324
08-02-2009, 06:37 PM
Nobody can argue with laker fans. They always think they are right.

A saying that comes to mind when i think of laker fans:
"Never argue with an idiot, because he will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience".

playa6816
08-02-2009, 06:38 PM
THe lakers cockyness will lead to their eventual defeat

Yep thats right. I also wouldnt be surprised if Cry baby Bryant and Nut case Artest buck heads and go at each other in the locker room lol.

playa6816
08-02-2009, 06:40 PM
Season games don't mean squat. Orlando blew up the lakers twice last year and the lakers dominated them in the finals. without bynum.....or artest

dominated? You make like all the games were blow outs and a 4 game sweep. Game 5 was the ONLY out right win. You better check your @#$% cuz dat aint true.

playa6816
08-02-2009, 06:41 PM
Abandon ALL Hope!!
Lakers = Champions!!

Never! Lakers = Chumps!!!

playa6816
08-02-2009, 06:42 PM

LMAO that hilarious! And the Lakers supposed to be the best? lol hahaha :p
what ah joke! But hey its in their name they are the LOSS Angeless Lakers!

playa6816
08-02-2009, 06:45 PM
Buckle up, Lakers will be in the driver seat of this league for the next 3-4 years and you all know it so stop the hating. So many damn haters on psd on the lakers it make me laugh. Trying to say Lakers are not the favorite yeah ok , and who is Timbewolves? Yeah ok. When kobe is holding the trophy again next year, let me ask you something...How does it taste to all you haters?

The only trophy kobe will be holding up next year is the car jumping trophy. Thats about it. :clap:

playa6816
08-02-2009, 06:48 PM
Nobody can argue with laker fans. They always think they are right.

A saying that comes to mind when i think of laker fans:
"Never argue with an idiot, because he will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience".

Well said. :clap:

kobelaughsatall
08-02-2009, 06:58 PM
laker haters make me laugh so artest doesn't make us better, but if he had joined the cavs or celtics everyone would be saying they are the league faves. yes the lakers are beat able, but most of you are talking like the lakers won't be as good or even better next year. the fact is that we are the current champs therefore the faves to win untill dethroned. WE WON, GET OVER IT!

MajorFloridaFan
08-02-2009, 06:59 PM
The........ ORLLAAANDOOOOOO............ MAGIC dunt dunt dunt da da da dunt dunt dunt

jimbobjarree
08-02-2009, 07:12 PM
Lakers only won cus KG got injured. Thats how to beat them

MajorFloridaFan
08-02-2009, 07:14 PM
Yea exactly! Add the Bobcats to that list. Oh wait thats right they arent elite but dont tell the Lakers that cuz they lost to them TWICE! haha

Idiot homer laker fans talkin like Lakers are unbeatable. Wake up! they good but they aint that good. Yea they got artest but they lost Ariza.

Magic, Cleveland, Spurs and Celtics all added without subtraction and got better.

I am clapping right now

DCB/LAL
08-02-2009, 09:30 PM
HAHA IDK but what I do know is um....................

Los Angeles Lakers 2009 NBA Champions!!!!!

Not the Celtics!!:D

dee279
08-02-2009, 09:54 PM
Im not a Lakers fan but im not a Lakers hater like alot of these people are either. I have to say the lakers really do have a great line up but they can be beat. No team is unbeatable.

cHi8DaL5LA420
08-02-2009, 09:56 PM
not that simple... if it was that simple everybody would be doing that... and o by the way they signed artest.. new game with him playing... nobody has seen this team play how can you come up with a wzy to beat them if you havent even seen them play...impossible...you just have to go with your gameplan and see if it works...theres no exact way to beat any team... make your shots and rebound you ll win... yes its that simple

RollinDeep
08-02-2009, 11:58 PM

And no amount of haters can take that away ;)

Brooke
08-03-2009, 12:04 AM

you got that right :D

1WorthyLakerFan
08-03-2009, 12:09 AM
Lakers only won cus KG got injured. Thats how to beat them

Was KG hurt during the regular season??? No. Who won the regular season matchup (both times)??? LAL. Why did the Lakers lose last year??? No one could stop PP. Who didn't they have available other than 1 game??? Trevor Ariza. Who could have slowed down PP??? Trevor Ariza (or Andrew Bynum).

I believe that it would be a tough matchup had KG (and Powe) been healthy, but there is no way I would just say that if KG was there then the Lakers wouldn't have one. Look at it realistically (really look at it) and you know the Lakers would have held the trophy in the end no matter what.

But that's OK, even in your denial we will get the chance (at least I am hoping and praying we do) to show who is the better team at full strength.

I don't want to hear any more excuses now...

leftymo
08-03-2009, 12:13 AM
It's not that hard to beat The Lakers, all you need is a healthy Kevin Garnett.

and subtract healthy bynum

tonyd3b54
08-03-2009, 12:13 AM

and this is exactly why no1 likes laker fans...

1WorthyLakerFan
08-03-2009, 12:25 AM

Because we are better than them...I can see that.

When we beat Boston next year, I imagine even less people will like Lakers fans.
That's OK though...when you guys won we gave you props (at least I did) even though we didn't have Trevor or Bynum...We didn't make excuses. Yet all we hear from Boston fans is KG was hurt. Get over it, injuries happen...move on.

We have the hardware now and you don't...And you are old, coming off injuries, and didn't have what it takes to defend your crown. We are young, still hungry and have only gotten better...Have fun hatin.

DCB/LAL
08-03-2009, 12:28 AM

Its the Hate that makes it SOOOOO MUCH BETTER!!!!:D

DCB/LAL
08-03-2009, 12:29 AM

Same could be said about Celtic Fans!!!:D

Like i Said its the HATE that makes it SOOOOO MUCH BETTER!!!!!;)

All im gonna say is ill post the exact same thing anytime anyone tries to take away from the Lakers winning the Champonship because there is nothing anyone can do to change that Lakers are the...

2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

And im sure people hate it so anyone trying to take away from it will get this arguement from ME and there is nothing anyone can do to take that away so ill rub it in ANYONES face who tries taking away from the Lakers winning the chmapionship!!!!

Why????? Because you guys HATE it that the LAKERS are the champions again!!!

LAKERS4LIFE!!
08-03-2009, 12:32 AM
WOW someone made a thread of how to beat the lakers, that just shows how scared some people can be

HuRRiCaNeS324
08-03-2009, 02:19 AM
We don't hate the lakers because they are a very good team and always wins (ill admit that), we hate you guys because you are so damn cocky. And since you are so cocky every one loves to see you lose because you deserve it.

LA_Raiders
08-03-2009, 02:22 AM
ok

oogaboogaman
08-03-2009, 04:10 AM

x2

Legitimate
08-03-2009, 04:52 AM
You will hate the Lakers, but you'll be forced to respect them.

bbcmillionaire
08-03-2009, 05:27 AM
x2

x3 lmao.

but a young team with a young pg and a dangerous bench could challenge them

bigsams50
08-03-2009, 05:38 AM
9-2 celtics all time against the lakers in the finals... nuff said

LAcowBOMBER
08-03-2009, 06:16 AM

Right...because all time numbers are relevant to this year

YaDaDa PacK
08-03-2009, 06:18 AM
your thoughts are lame....outrun lakers to win a 7 games series? U got to be kiddin!!!

you've GOT to be brain dead... re-read what i wrote and re-evaluate your response... :pity:

LAKERRS24
08-03-2009, 06:26 AM

this won't help your team if we met this year...cause Bill Russel was domintating whole league in 60's you think you're gonna win? hahahahaa

bigsams50
08-03-2009, 06:39 AM
yall just lucked up kg was hurt, wait till next year when rondo gets better, perk improves, and sheed joins the line up to make matchup nightmares for yall

J-Relo
08-03-2009, 07:14 AM
yall just lucked up kg was hurt, wait till next year when rondo gets better, perk improves, and sheed joins the line up to make matchup nightmares for yall

08 there were no Bynum, no Artest...

wait till Odom, Gasol get better, till Bynum improves! till Kobe keeps up with his Best Player role, till Artest remains being top defender...

lol :clap::smoking::smoking:

bigsams50
08-03-2009, 07:16 AM
so odom and gasol are gonna improve at age 30. Huh, so lets wait till garnett allen and pierce improve, also pierce owns artest.

bigsams50
08-03-2009, 07:17 AM
and, dfish cant handle rondo plus u cant bank on bynum making the playoffs, hes injury prone

LAKERRS24
08-03-2009, 07:29 AM
rondo can't beat us by himself..in other positions we prevail cause we can throw gasol and then odom on garnett when he's tired...kobe has ray...artest should limit pierce but not shut down... bynum perk? don't start that cause bynum kills him on offense more than perk him on defense

J-Relo
08-03-2009, 07:32 AM
and, dfish cant handle rondo plus u cant bank on bynum making the playoffs, hes injury prone

Rondo isn't good perimeter shooter, but I agree that young guy can burn Fisher...

However...
Kobe is the best player in the game...
Artest - one of the best defenders and he can defend Pierce pretty well...
Gasol is one of the most skilled bigmans...
Bynum - is a good big body at least... who can play some defense...
Odom - a great versalite big, who can be a matchup nightmare...
Fisher - he can drain those shots...

Also one of the BIG 3 can get injured too and then you will once again have explanation why you played bad... PS: should i call KG an injury prone? lol... :clap:

bigsams50
08-03-2009, 07:38 AM
really, kg misses one post seasn bynum has missed half of this season, and the season before, and odom doesnt cause nightmare matchups when KG is gaurding him, also perk can keep gasol in check, if you dont beleive me just rewatch the finals, and the only positions lakers have better thn the celts are the SG and C. Rondo over fish, Pierce over artest, Kg over gasol,

Brooke
08-03-2009, 07:45 AM
the KG was hurt excuse again? If that makes you feel better keep thinking that. You dont know how KG will come back after the injury. KG, Allen and Pierce all getting older that could be a factor

bigsams50
08-03-2009, 07:48 AM
Like we all didnt hear the cuz bynum was hurt excuse enough, im praying, both teams stay healthy so tht they meet again, and so the celtics can show them who the best franchise in the nba is.

Again.

BrewinRamLakers
08-03-2009, 08:11 AM

promixxer
08-06-2009, 01:35 AM
dominated? You make like all the games were blow outs and a 4 game sweep. Game 5 was the ONLY out right win. You better check your @#$% cuz dat aint true.

you can't honestly say that the series was closer than it looked. howard had 3 dunks all series, no one had a good series for orlando. theyre lucky to have had that one game.

promixxer
08-06-2009, 01:38 AM

This is my only beef with celtics fans. you finally win a ring after a 20 year drout and you act like you've been in the race every year. What did you do last decade that mattered? how many rings have you've won since bird. we have 4 since magic.

WE WIN EVERY DECADE........

Raps18-19 Champ
08-06-2009, 01:46 AM
Purposely injure Kobe hard enough that he can't play. After that, it's pretty easy.

nikefreek220
08-06-2009, 02:07 AM
Purposely injure Kobe hard enough that he can't play. After that, it's pretty easy.

even after that, you have to wory about:

-Pau
-Artest
-Odom
-Bynum

ko8e24
08-06-2009, 02:47 AM
you'll have to kill us to beat us lol. even then, the dead spirits of the lakers would prolly be enuf to kick the rest of the league's arse. So same situation, dead or alive.

bigsams50
08-06-2009, 03:16 AM
This is my only beef with celtics fans. you finally win a ring after a 20 year drout and you act like you've been in the race every year. What did you do last decade that mattered? how many rings have you've won since bird. we have 4 since magic.

WE WIN EVERY DECADE........

well yall never had a top draft pick and all star player die young

bigsams50
08-06-2009, 03:17 AM

-Pau
-Artest
-Odom
-Bynum

The lakers are nothing without bryant, he's the best player in the league and even though ya'll still be a playoff team, not even close to nba champ contender

Zefflin
08-06-2009, 03:26 AM
well yall never had a top draft pick and all star player die young

:eyebrow: wtf?

Do Magic and AIDS ring a bell?

bigsams50
08-06-2009, 03:31 AM
thts one, celts had 2, and its pretty sad we did have a 20 year drop off, and yall are 2 titles short

Zefflin
08-06-2009, 03:34 AM
Dennis Rodman counts for one too.

bigsams50
08-06-2009, 03:41 AM
how? because he's gay?

promixxer
08-10-2009, 12:31 PM
Like we all didnt hear the cuz bynum was hurt excuse enough, im praying, both teams stay healthy so tht they meet again, and so the celtics can show them who the best franchise in the nba is.

Again.

Again, in like 20+ years.......Well see you then.....

Raps18-19 Champ
08-10-2009, 02:07 PM

-Pau
-Artest
-Odom
-Bynum

Ya but it probably isn't as hard.

If Kobe was gone from the Lakers, they would probably only be 5 or 6 in the West because if Kobe wasn't there, who would finish the games.

IAMLordRaider
08-10-2009, 02:43 PM

Lamar, Artest & Bynum slow? What team have you been watching? Lakers are just better than everyone else. Actually, the Lakers are one of the better running teams in the league.

masalex1205
08-10-2009, 03:32 PM

-Pau
-Artest
-Odom
-Bynum

please, the Lakers will fold w/o Kobe.

The Lakers whined about Bynum being hurt and now are crucifying the Celtics fans for doing the same thing. The only difference is that Garnett is a HOFer and Bynum is overrated and overpaid.

rjvacad
08-10-2009, 03:56 PM
Wake up, the nightmare is real, the CHAMPS got stronger!!!!!

bigsams50
08-10-2009, 05:06 PM

The Lakers whined about Bynum being hurt and now are crucifying the Celtics fans for doing the same thing. The only difference is that Garnett is a HOFer and Bynum is overrated and overpaid.

:clap: you said it so beautifully :cry:

zambo4president
08-10-2009, 05:19 PM
A very good and fast point guard, plus a defense as atrocious as Houston's.

Derrick Rose plus John Salmons and Luol Deng on steroids?

sportsfreak475
08-10-2009, 05:19 PM
With the bigs that the Lakers have this year, they'll be the team to beat. Boston are the only one's who can challenge them, but i think Artest can make the difference.

I agree with Bucsforlife....Sign Chuck Norris. Championship to whoever signs to him first.

playa6816
08-10-2009, 07:42 PM

Who cares their the 2009 NBA Chumps for all I care. Cut that so called trophy and give half of it to the Memphis Grizzles lol! Better yet take half of it shove it up the owners @$$!

Hawkeye15
08-10-2009, 07:51 PM
score more points than them. That might work

playa6816
08-10-2009, 08:11 PM
Because we are better than them...I can see that.

When we beat Boston next year, I imagine even less people will like Lakers fans.
That's OK though...when you guys won we gave you props (at least I did) even though we didn't have Trevor or Bynum...We didn't make excuses. Yet all we hear from Boston fans is KG was hurt. Get over it, injuries happen...move on.

We have the hardware now and you don't...And you are old, coming off injuries, and didn't have what it takes to defend your crown. We are young, still hungry and have only gotten better...Have fun hatin.

Better then them? How so? Better as far as talking trash, rioting, turning over cars, setting public property on fire and talking the most none sense and bulshit then yeah maybe you guys are better in that hahaha

If Boston executes and plays the right way, Lakers have no chance against them home or away. But if Boston doesnt execute and plays like they did in the regular season last year then well they will in effect beat themselves again.

Ariza was not that effective that year and we all saw just how effective Bynum was this past playoff's which was not very.

Its funny how you down play the best Celtic player, its just like saying oh Kobe is injured, injuries happen get over it.

Only gotten better? Did you forget you lost Ariza? There is the very real possibility that Artest will cause internal friction and maybe even chemistry problems and maybe rebel against Phil. Because of Artest past it is safe to say he is a nut case i wouldnt put it past him.

playa6816
08-10-2009, 08:12 PM

wow nice! Pwnage! :clap:

playa6816
08-10-2009, 08:16 PM

yup plus an improved Davis and a good pick up in Marquis Daniels. Sheldan Williams is a question mark but if he can also come in and give some quality minutes off the bench. Celtics are hands down the favorites to win it all! Gotta give props to the Celtic Owner. Did a great job this off season.

playa6816
08-10-2009, 08:23 PM
[QUOTE=J-Relo;10398260]Rondo isn't good perimeter shooter, but I agree that young guy can burn Fisher...

However...
Kobe is the best player in the game...
Artest - one of the best defenders and he can defend Pierce pretty well...
Gasol is one of the most skilled bigmans...
Bynum - is a good big body at least... who can play some defense...
Odom - a great versalite big, who can be a matchup nightmare...
Fisher - he can drain those shots...

Kobe isnt necessarily the best player right now...thats just Laker opinion not fact.
Theoretically Artest may be able too but we'll see when the time comes.
Yup the Gift from Memphis is a skilled bigman on offense his defense is where he's lacking. Hence his nickname Gasoft.
Bynum uhh ok...
Odom yea versatile but everyone knows hes inconsistent and tends to have brain farts such as kicking the ball out to sasha while hes on the bench. Or dribbling the ball in bounds without passing it in.
Fisher is the weak link, very easy to stay in front of him and fairly easy for most young PG's to burn him.

The same can be said about Lakers getting injured such as Gasoft. Gasoft gets injured Lakers are not the same team.

fresh prince
08-10-2009, 08:24 PM
The Celtics are the 3rd best team in the East.. Why are they in the discussion?

The 08 Team was a great squad!

But the window has closed IMO. The C's will slowly slip back into the the 20 year hibernation and irrelevance we saw for most of the last 2 decades..

Kobe MVP chants at the Garden will resume in 2012.

playa6816
08-10-2009, 08:25 PM
you can't honestly say that the series was closer than it looked. howard had 3 dunks all series, no one had a good series for orlando. theyre lucky to have had that one game.

yes i can i watched the games except for game 5. Like I said it could have easily been 3-1 Orlando by game 4. But their inexperience and last minute break downs cost them the games.

playa6816
08-10-2009, 08:26 PM
you'll have to kill us to beat us lol. even then, the dead spirits of the lakers would prolly be enuf to kick the rest of the league's arse. So same situation, dead or alive.

This is typical Laker fan BS! total garbage!

playa6816
08-10-2009, 08:28 PM
thts one, celts had 2, and its pretty sad we did have a 20 year drop off, and yall are 2 titles short

yea lol even with that long drought! haha

playa6816
08-10-2009, 08:30 PM
Lamar, Artest & Bynum slow? What team have you been watching? Lakers are just better than everyone else. Actually, the Lakers are one of the better running teams in the league.

Go tell that to the bobcats. If their supposedly just better how is they barely got past a Rockets team with No Yao or Tmac?

playa6816
08-10-2009, 08:31 PM

amen! preach it brother! :clap:

Paul Pierce is dat you? Cuz you spittin the TRUTH! haha

playa6816
08-10-2009, 08:32 PM
With the bigs that the Lakers have this year, they'll be the team to beat. Boston are the only one's who can challenge them, but i think Artest can make the difference.

I agree with Bucsforlife....Sign Chuck Norris. Championship to whoever signs to him first.

nah with the offseason that Boston had i gotta say the C's is the team to beat!

fresh prince
08-10-2009, 08:37 PM

But the window has closed IMO. The C's will slowly slip back into the the 20 year hibernation and irrelevance we saw for most of the last 2 decades..

Kobe MVP chants at the Garden will resume in 2012!

Drtino
08-10-2009, 08:40 PM
I know the Lakers have a good team, if not better than last year... But now I am rooting for the Magic- with the addition of Carter in their roster, it just made them even better and in my eyes - I'm seeing Carter try even harder to get that ring this year. Maybe is me, but he still has something to prove to the league.

j-bay
08-10-2009, 08:52 PM
counter them with big men

playa6816
08-10-2009, 10:23 PM

Kobe MVP chants at the Garden will resume in 2012!

Because a Celtic team thats healthy and executing on offense and defense is a superbly dangerous team. Now that they signed Davis, Marquis Daniels, Rasheed Wallace and maybe Sheldan Williams a former number 5 pick the C's just got stronger. You got an improved Rondo, the big three, the marks man House and a pretty good back up in Mikki Moore and prospect rookies and you have yourself a championship caliber team.

The window is still open though it is on its way down it still has a 2 year opening. The Celtic's have what it takes to hang another banner or two up in the rafters in 2010.

DCB/LAL
08-11-2009, 12:00 AM
Because a Celtic team thats healthy and executing on offense and defense is a superbly dangerous team. Now that they signed Davis, Marquis Daniels, Rasheed Wallace and maybe Sheldan Williams a former number 5 pick the C's just got stronger. You got an improved Rondo, the big three, the marks man House and a pretty good back up in Mikki Moore and prospect rookies and you have yourself a championship caliber team.

The window is still open though it is on its way down it still has a 2 year opening. The Celtic's have what it takes to hang another banner or two up in the rafters in 2010.

Do you get Mental Disability checks cause you would qualify. Seriously ive been reading your post and ive come to the conclusion that your either truely retarted or you just really hate the Lakers there are some Boston fans who are reasonable and can have a legit conversation and accept that they didn't win and then theres You!!

Afridi786
08-11-2009, 12:02 AM
C's are the best team in the league healthy...as much as it hurts me to admit it.

Storch
08-11-2009, 02:56 AM
I say you other teams should take advantage of our weak point guard defense.

Penetra8r
08-11-2009, 03:08 AM

promixxer
08-11-2009, 04:16 AM
yes i can i watched the games except for game 5. Like I said it could have easily been 3-1 Orlando by game 4. But their inexperience and last minute break downs cost them the games.

Exact same thing can be said about the 08 final lakers. Inexperience and very young. Difference now, they are older, in there prime and defending champs.

Last years team beat the C's both games, home and away. If you were to say that we are not stronger this year, you just don't know basketball. We will see when the season starts, that's why we play the game.

For ALL boston fans coming up with the Perfect "IF" senaro about if they execute, if they are healthy, if sheed does this, if rondo plays better after Boston shopped him for a trade, IF, F-ing IF that........

Do the same for the lakers....

If Artest shuts down pierce, If bynum Dominates, If Odom has a trip doub, if pau has 30/10,,,If kobe scores 82 on you,

playa6816
08-11-2009, 04:30 AM
Do you get Mental Disability checks cause you would qualify. Seriously ive been reading your post and ive come to the conclusion that your either truely retarted or you just really hate the Lakers there are some Boston fans who are reasonable and can have a legit conversation and accept that they didn't win and then theres You!!

Nope not even close. I really hate the Lakers, since 92 to be exact and im proud of it! so your saying i dont have "legit" convesation? Give examples to this claim of yours.

playa6816
08-11-2009, 04:33 AM
Exact same thing can be said about the 08 final lakers. Inexperience and very young. Difference now, they are older, in there prime and defending champs.

Last years team beat the C's both games, home and away. If you were to say that we are not stronger this year, you just don't know basketball. We will see when the season starts, that's why we play the game.

For ALL boston fans coming up with the Perfect "IF" senaro about if they execute, if they are healthy, if sheed does this, if rondo plays better after Boston shopped him for a trade, IF, F-ing IF that........

Do the same for the lakers....

If Artest shuts down pierce, If bynum Dominates, If Odom has a trip doub, if pau has 30/10,,,If kobe scores 82 on you,

Nope never said anything about be stronger or weaker this year. But losing Ariza is big wether you admit it or not.

Execution is main reason why the Celtics lost in the regular season which is why i say that the Celtics beat themselves in those games.

Artest and Pierce maybe, Bynum dominate no way, Odom trip double big stretch, Pau 30 and 10 dreaming, kobe scoring 82 against Celtic defense not possible unless the C's just dont show up to play lol.
Kobe scored 82 against a no defense Knicks squad. No big deal. If he accomplished this against the Knicks of the 90's that had Patrick Ewing in his prime then thats something.

J-Relo
08-11-2009, 04:42 AM
Nope never said anything about be stronger or weaker this year. But losing Ariza is big wether you admit it or not.

Execution is main reason why the Celtics lost in the regular season which is why i say that the Celtics beat themselves in those games.

Artest and Pierce maybe, Bynum dominate no way, Odom trip double big stretch, Pau 30 and 10 dreaming, kobe scoring 82 against Celtic defense not possible unless the C's just dont show up to play lol.
Kobe scored 82 against a no defense Knicks squad. No big deal. If he accomplished this against the Knicks of the 90's that had Patrick Ewing in his prime then thats something.

what are you talking about?! :eyebrow::smoking:

Kobe scored 81 (not 82) against Toronto Raptors (not New York Knicks).

Legitimate
08-11-2009, 05:06 AM

You beat them with a healthy Jameer Nelson, Rashard, VC, Dwight, Bass. If you think of it..they lost to Lakers in what 5-6 games??? without Jameer in the line-up?? now Magic looking even scarier, hmm...sounds like trouble for the Lakers... I know Lakers will say 'bynum wasn't healthy'... is that why he played 23 games in 17.4 min a game, but yet managed to average 3.30PFPG all thoughout Lakers playoff run...??

Ace33Bone
08-11-2009, 11:59 AM
The way that you can beat the Lakers is as simple as this... hope that one of the big 4 gets injured if one of them goes down then they are done... but besides that we may as well crown them the champs again... as mucha as I hate to say it

DCB/LAL
08-11-2009, 12:21 PM

So why was it not a big deal when the Celtics beat the Lakers in the Fianls???? Remember no Bynum OR Ariza cause Ariza wasn't fully healthy and had just come back after being away for months!!!!

Ok pretty sure scoring 81 points against ANY PRO team is "something" cause if it wasn't then 81 points wouldn't be the 2ND highest outing in a single game for a player!!!

Oh and FYI it was 81 points and it was against the raptors not the Knicks he scored 61 against the Knicks!!

D1JM
08-11-2009, 12:33 PM
Make Jeanie buss break up with Phil Jackson. thats the only reason i could think of, cuz the lakers have a heck of a team.

CELTICS4LYFE
08-11-2009, 12:39 PM
the celtics are the 3rd best team in the east.. Why are they in the discussion?

the 08 team was a great squad!

But the window has closed imo. The c's will slowly slip back into the the 20 year hibernation and irrelevance we saw for most of the last 2 decades..

Kobe mvp chants at the garden will resume in 2012!

r u serious? Lol celtics n lakers n in a whole nother league compared to the rest of the nba

fresh prince
08-11-2009, 02:01 PM
The Lakers, Magic and Cavs are on a different level..

Next Level is

Celtics and Spurs

Then every one else....

bigsams50
08-11-2009, 02:32 PM
r u serious? Lol celtics n lakers n in a whole nother league compared to the rest of the nba

agreed, let people 4get about the celtics, it doesnt matter. Come playoff time everyone will know

promixxer
08-11-2009, 06:45 PM

your missing the point: All celtics fans are saying things like "IF" to validate how great the C's are "IF" the C's do this and that. What I am saying is, if you are going to do that and come up with the best case senaro with the C's then do it with the lakers also.

Come up with the best case senario with the lakes also. kobe scoring 82, bynum dominating, pau doub/doub, trip doub for LO, Artest holding pierce to 3 points, fish knocking down daggers on you.......Walton scoring 10/8, sasha scoring 16, farmar being unstoppable....etc.....

If your going to talk about the best case senario then do if for all teams, until then judge them for what they really are right now. Right now the C's are not very good at executing against the lakers. that is why we got your number until your team proves the lakers don't. right now we own you and we are the champs.

If you were that good you would have been there regardless......of your If this and thats!

Hawkeye15
08-11-2009, 06:49 PM
So why was it not a big deal when the Celtics beat the Lakers in the Fianls???? Remember no Bynum OR Ariza cause Ariza wasn't fully healthy and had just come back after being away for months!!!!

Ok pretty sure scoring 81 points against ANY PRO team is "something" cause if it wasn't then 81 points wouldn't be the 2ND highest outing in a single game for a player!!!

Oh and FYI it was 81 points and it was against the raptors not the Knicks he scored 61 against the Knicks!!

2 things. Ariza in 07-08', was not Ariza from last year. The dude played 24 games all year. He wasn't much of a contributor period, even when he was healthy. And Bynum missing part of the regular season allowed you to pull the trigger on the Gasol deal. Would you have preferred that Bynum never got hurt, making the Lakers not inquire about a big man, and gone into the playoffs with no Gasol, and a healthy Bynum?
They were not significant injuries the way they ended up. The Celtics w/o KG, the Magic w/o Nelson, the Spurs w/o Manu, and the Rockets w/o TMac were far greater hits to those respective teams.

Hawkeye15
08-11-2009, 06:51 PM
and in reality, what ifs are a stupid game. The Lakers faced weak competition this year. SO what? They won it all. In 20 years, nobody is going to remember that every team in their path was either injured or playoff virgins. They still stood the test of 82 games and playoffs, and came out on top.

bigsams50
08-11-2009, 07:00 PM
your missing the point: All celtics fans are saying things like "IF" to validate how great the C's are "IF" the C's do this and that. What I am saying is, if you are going to do that and come up with the best case senaro with the C's then do it with the lakers also.

Come up with the best case senario with the lakes also. kobe scoring 82, bynum dominating, pau doub/doub, trip doub for LO, Artest holding pierce to 3 points, fish knocking down daggers on you.......Walton scoring 10/8, sasha scoring 16, farmar being unstoppable....etc.....

If your going to talk about the best case senario then do if for all teams, until then judge them for what they really are right now. Right now the C's are not very good at executing against the lakers. that is why we got your number until your team proves the lakers don't. right now we own you and we are the champs.

If you were that good you would have been there regardless......of your If this and thats!

dude, lakers dont own the celts, the celts own the lakers. 9-2 all time finals, and they DESTROYED yall in the finals

heattiltheend94
08-11-2009, 07:06 PM
WHat r Talkin bout?
How is Odom slo?
For his height, he's probably as fast as some of the pg.
And kobe may b gettin older, but he sure is real fast and good.

nbaguy123
08-11-2009, 07:08 PM
if possible try to shut down kobe? he is pretty darn good

promixxer
08-11-2009, 07:28 PM
dude, lakers dont own the celts, the celts own the lakers. 9-2 all time finals, and they DESTROYED yall in the finals

Lets not talk about the 60's and 70's celtics. lets keep this in our lifetime. in the last 20+ years you have one. We are the champions and what does that say about your team if you couldn't even get back. sad argument when you bring up the 70's......and before....

Where were you 5 yrs ago. ....where were you 2 yrs ago, 3yrs ago.....same as this year. early vacation...

Im sure you are going to be able to hold on to that 9-2 arguement for years to come. Seems like you get one every 20 years or so. How are we ever going to get even if you don't ever get to the finals? so lets say in 2029 well be 9-3 and some f-**** in psd will still be saying 9-3. remember the 60's and 70's!!!!!!!!!!!

and we will still be counting the rings. Again, we are there every decade......and you are not.....

Hawkeye15
08-11-2009, 08:01 PM
Lets not talk about the 60's and 70's celtics. lets keep this in our lifetime. in the last 20+ years you have one. We are the champions and what does that say about your team if you couldn't even get back. sad argument when you bring up the 70's......and before....

Where were you 5 yrs ago. ....where were you 2 yrs ago, 3yrs ago.....same as this year. early vacation...

Im sure you are going to be able to hold on to that 9-2 arguement for years to come. Seems like you get one every 20 years or so. How are we ever going to get even if you don't ever get to the finals? so lets say in 2029 well be 9-3 and some f-**** in psd will still be saying 9-3. remember the 60's and 70's!!!!!!!!!!!

and we will still be counting the rings. Again, we are there every decade......and you are not.....

you both have valid points, but history shows, in the finals, matched up against each other, the Celtics pound the Lakers. And you say get in your lifetime? How old were you in 1987, the last time the Lakers beat the Celtics in the finals? How old were you in 2008?
Exactly.

bigsams50
08-12-2009, 10:58 AM

um, celtics count rings 2, they have more than yall