PDA

View Full Version : Lamar Odom to sign with Lakers

nikefreek220
07-30-2009, 04:59 PM
Just saw on ESPN News that he will sign a 4 year deal with the Lakers.

Lamar Odom will return to the Los Angeles Lakers, according to an NBA source.

Odom will sign a four-year contract, with the fourth year at the Lakers' option.

One source with knowledge of the talks told ESPN.com the four-year deal is worth $33 million if the Lakers exercise the final year of the contract.

Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak declined comment. Odom's agent, Jeff Schwartz, did not return a message immediately.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4367213

marlinsfan24
07-30-2009, 04:59 PM
I saw it too, Odom was just using the Heat to get back to the Lakers

Kobe4Life
07-30-2009, 05:24 PM
LOL going to be alot of broken hearted heat fans, 1st stage is denial "oh lamar wouldnt of done much anyways, im glad he stayed with the lakers". Well whose ready for another ring? LAKERS !!!!!!

Jays Claw
Well it seems like Pat Riley's only option is Carlos Boozer now.

JOSKOMANG4

there's your link.

IMO, lakers are the favorite to win the Western Conference.

showtym24
07-30-2009, 05:25 PM
Nice, now we're primed to repeat.

fairandbalanced
07-30-2009, 05:25 PM
I am glad you keep him.... no one else can pay him as much

JOSKOMANG4
07-30-2009, 05:26 PM
As a bull fan, i'm HOPING AND PLEADINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG we get Boozer.. Then in 2010 we acquire D-Wade.

Picture that lineup:

C: Joakim Noah
PF: Carlos Boozer
SF: Luol Deng
SG: D'Wade
PG: Derrick Rose

6th man- Hinrich... thats fierce kids.

Thatruth32
07-30-2009, 05:27 PM
got him pretty cheap

Lakers4ItAll
07-30-2009, 05:29 PM
THANK GOD!! Repeat baby!

JordansBulls
07-30-2009, 05:30 PM
Just saw on ESPN News that he will sign a 4 year deal with the Lakers.

So the Lakers get to terminate his 4th year option?

ARMIN12NBA
07-30-2009, 05:31 PM
Buss is the best damn owner in sports. So many people on this forum wanted him to give up and give in to LO's ridiculous demands...Instead he holds firm and nets LO for 4 years, 33 million with the 4th year being a team option...The previous offer was 3 year at 30 million and a 4th year team option that would increase the contract to 36 million overall.

The Lakers win in the end. :clap:

nikefreek220
07-30-2009, 05:31 PM
about time this is over with.

next thread: are the Lakers now the favorite to win next year?

Ovratd1up
07-30-2009, 05:34 PM
Quick Rankings now.

Overall-

1. Lakers
2. Boston
3. Magic
4. Cavs
5. San Antonio
6. Dallas
7. Portland
8. Nuggets

East-

1. Boston
2. Magic
3. Cavs
4. Atlanta
5. Toronto
6. Bulls
7. Wizards
8. Heat
9. Sixers

West-

1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Dallas
4. Blazers
5. Nuggets
6. Jazz
7. Hornets
8. Phoenix
9. OKC

Lo Porto
07-30-2009, 05:42 PM
So what is Miami going to do? Give up Beasley to get Boozer and make Wade happy? Find a 3rd team? Should be interesting, but one thing is for sure - Miami will want to respond quickly since they got snubbed by Odom after a "full court press".

what54!?
07-30-2009, 05:44 PM
**** oh well move on.

And Lo porto we aren't giving up beasley for boozer

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-30-2009, 05:45 PM
This should have been done a long time ago. Odom tried to play hardball with Buss. He should have asked Ariza and his agent how that turns out.

I'm glad he is back as an insurance policy.

Lo Porto
07-30-2009, 05:46 PM
I don't think you will trade Beasley for Boozer, but I'm being hopeful. No different than most Heat fans making their favorite lineups with Odom in it...

plpfctn
07-30-2009, 05:47 PM
LOL going to be alot of broken hearted heat fans, 1st stage is denial "oh lamar wouldnt of done much anyways, im glad he stayed with the lakers". Well whose ready for another ring? LAKERS !!!!!!

LOL. true dat playa.

ARMIN12NBA
07-30-2009, 05:47 PM
So the Lakers get to terminate his 4th year option?

Yes.

CowboysKB24
07-30-2009, 05:48 PM
Yes yes yes go lakers repeat kobe is god!!!!!

Vinny642
07-30-2009, 05:51 PM
Well that sucks but w/e

Rome
07-30-2009, 05:54 PM
Wow. Fooled me. Makes Lakers favorites for sure.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-30-2009, 05:55 PM
I will not care about the outcome of any regular season game this year. The Lakers are the favorites. I wish I could take a nap until June of next year. Thats the only time I will be concerned over a win and a loss. Lakers going for that 3 peat.

Cimos21
07-30-2009, 05:59 PM
Game, Set, and Match. Hopefully the Celtics can miraculously be a healthy team by the finals so we can get the vengeance we deserve. However, when your team is that old, and you dont have Popovich sitting starters during the regular season, its recipe for injury.

Lo Porto
07-30-2009, 05:59 PM

Those Heat fans are a lot more respectable than those Laker fans bashing "Odumb". If I had one penny for all the backstabbing Laker fans who went off on Odom but are now going to kiss Odom's butt for coming back. Laker fans are so fickle, simple minded, and untrusting. You don't deserve championships.

LayZbone
07-30-2009, 06:01 PM
Well that's a let down. It would've been fun to see Odom come to the Heat because that's a move that would've made both the East & West more competitive. The Lakers are the HEAVY favorites right now. Almost unfairly stacked. What's next for the Heat? I wonder if they'll still try to go for Boozer.

plpfctn
07-30-2009, 06:06 PM
The Lakers look good. the nba next season is gonna be crazy good. can't wait till opening night.

jakesmail123
07-30-2009, 06:08 PM
well we can just hope that kobe breaks his leg or something now so the lakers dont win again..

GoatMilk
07-30-2009, 06:09 PM
lol at everyone thinking he was leaving

BlondeBomber41
07-30-2009, 06:09 PM
I will not care about the outcome of any regular season game this year. The Lakers are the favorites. I wish I could take a nap until June of next year. Thats the only time I will be concerned over a win and a loss. Lakers going for that 3 peat.

You do realize that in order for it to be a 3peat the Lakers would have to be 2 time champions right? The Celtics won the title two years ago, in case you forgot.

lakers4sho
07-30-2009, 06:11 PM
Those Heat fans are a lot more respectable than those Laker fans bashing "Odumb". If I had one penny for all the backstabbing Laker fans who went off on Odom but are now going to kiss Odom's butt for coming back. Laker fans are so fickle, simple minded, and untrusting. You don't deserve championships.

Lamar IS dumb

He could've taken this deal a LONG time ago, but had to wait because he thinks Buss is scared of him leaving :o

yungballah15
seen, he shouldnt of been that hard though but smart descion, he aint selfish and all about the money, miami shoulda match the moon offer maybe.

FaceDown91
heat fans were morons to think odom was actually leaving. :laugh:

lakers4sho
You do realize that in order for it to be a 3peat the Lakers would have to be 2 time champions right? The Celtics won the title two years ago, in case you forgot.

"Lakers going for that 3 peat."

:eyebrow:

Jack Daniels
07-30-2009, 06:12 PM
well we can just hope that kobe breaks his leg or something now so the lakers dont win again..

Yeah...that's a classy comment db. :confused:

KB24PG16
07-30-2009, 06:14 PM
:dance: sorry heat fans

BALLER71
07-30-2009, 06:15 PM
:(
Lakers win the championship again.

Lakers4ItAll
Can't wait to get my Kobe 5 Rings T Shirt

DODGERS&LAKERS

I know how a three peat works. Im saying the Lakers are going to win the next two years. Thus, completing the three peat

what54!?
07-30-2009, 06:17 PM
have fun repeating laker fans

J_M_B
07-30-2009, 06:17 PM
Well I'm disappointed, but I'm glad Pat Riley at least made a run at him and did all he can to try to bring Lamar back to Miami. I'm not going to lie I wanted Odom in a Heat Uniform, but at least the Odom saga is over. I wish you all the best of luck next season.

GodsSon
07-30-2009, 06:18 PM
**** oh well move on.

And Lo porto we aren't giving up beasley for boozer

then i guess you arent getting Boozer

sp1derm00
I want to see a lineup of:

Artest/Kobe/LO/Pau/Bynum

1996 Bulls v2.0

cowboyz180
:( I would have been suprised if he left the lakers...

spurs4#5
07-30-2009, 06:19 PM

there are some laker fans who are actually not band wagoneers...but you said it perfectly..sooo many laker fans on this forum can be quoted as saying that lamar odom was not that good and saying that he was so inconsistent and yall were better of without him...to all you laker fans that are band wagon fans....F.U.C.K. U.....yall are the reason people hate yall....you're gonna be in here saying that yall are lad to have him and now yall are guaranteed another title...here's a news flash to you all...when yall were saying that yall were better off without him now that he's back it just diminishes yalls chances of winning again....go play with legos in the street you inconsistent *****!

J_M_B
:dance: sorry heat fans

Hey you get to keep your Sig! lol

Go Dodgers!
Finally I am glad this done..

ARMIN12NBA
07-30-2009, 06:20 PM

Lamar Odom is still incredibly stupid. He was originally offered 3 years, 30 million and now he is getting 4 years, 33 million.

Still, it was an unfair matchup. We all knew who was going to win in the staring contest of Buss v. Odom.

dre1990
07-30-2009, 06:21 PM
no suprise

plpfctn
07-30-2009, 06:21 PM
i've got:

1. The Champs
2. Cavs
3. Spurs
4. Magic
5. Celtics
6. Nuggets

974life
07-30-2009, 06:22 PM
Its about time! good deal.

spurs4#5
07-30-2009, 06:23 PM
how are laker fans gonna already call the outcome for next year too??? yall need to get back on the short bus!

J_M_B
07-30-2009, 06:23 PM
heat fans were morons to think odom was actually leaving. :laugh:

Wow, I know if your team was about to get a player like Lamar you would've jumped all over it. Praying for the front office to bring him in. Not a classy move on your part.

KB24PG16
07-30-2009, 06:25 PM
:(
Lakers win the championship again.

looks like lamar thought miamis deal was crappy huh:rolleyes:

plpfctn
how are laker fans gonna already call the outcome for next year too??? yall need to get back on the short bus!

no one knows who's gonna win the championship. thats why you play the games and with injuries anything can happen, but right now the Lakers are the favorite to win it all again. So says Las Vegas odds.

KB24PG16
Hey you get to keep your Sig! lol

yea i know i was getting worried that i would have to take it off

FaceDown91
07-30-2009, 06:26 PM
Wow, I know if your team was about to get a player like Lamar you would've jumped all over it. Praying for the front office to bring him in. Not a classy move on your part.

i would love for the hawks to get odom. any team would, but of course how the hell was that going to happen when the other team that has his bird rights, just won the title, the lakers. It was a no brainier and not even close. Like i said i would have loved to have him but i would be a moron to actually think their would be a chance to get him.

NYtilIdie
07-30-2009, 06:27 PM
LA fans need to chill with the cocky attitude you guys are turning into Boston fans after they won the championship 2 yrs ago and look what happened to them. You guys say your already in the Final's and the season hasn't even started yet.

Im not hatin im just saying don't let the success of 1 championship get to your head cause when you get too cocky it usually ends in a upset.

On topic though im glad he finally signed with someone it was annoying hearing all the reports of him going back and fourth. Damn looks like another 1st round exit for the Heat (cant see Utah passing up Thomas for Haslem)

Boston Faithful
07-30-2009, 06:27 PM
I'm glad.

I really want that Lakers vs Celtics Finals this year.

Good move for the Lakers.

what54!?
07-30-2009, 06:28 PM
then i guess you arent getting Boozerwe have two first next year to go along with fillers. If not then screw it riley won't not trade a young promising player for a injury prone player who at this point is just a one year rental

IBleedPurple
07-30-2009, 06:29 PM
Quick Rankings now.

Overall-

1. Lakers
2. Boston
3. Magic
4. Cavs
5. San Antonio
6. Dallas
7. Portland
8. Nuggets

East-

1. Boston
2. Magic
3. Cavs
4. Atlanta
5. Toronto
6. Bulls
7. Wizards
8. Heat
9. Sixers

West-

1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Dallas
4. Blazers
5. Nuggets
6. Jazz
7. Hornets
8. Phoenix
9. OKC

Not sure what catapulted the Blazers over the Nuggets, but I'll admit it's close. I don't see Dallas as better than either team though, despite their offseason moves

Guess you don't care much about watching your team the entire regular season.....Sounds like a fairweather fan to me.

And getting a little ahead of yourself? Worry about the 2 peat before the 3 peat.

Lakers are now far and away the best in the West, and also top in the NBA by a smaller gap. Still moves to be made though.

Brooke
07-30-2009, 06:29 PM
Happy Day :D

J_M_B
07-30-2009, 06:30 PM
i would love for the hawks to get odom. any team would, but of course how the hell was that going to happen when the other team that has his bird rights, just won the title, the lakers. It was a no brainier and not even close. Like i said i would have loved to have him but i would be a moron to actually think their would be a chance to get him.

I guess Pat Riley and Dwyane Wade are morons for thinking they had a shot at Lamar as well.:rolleyes:

SpursRedemption
07-30-2009, 06:37 PM
there are some laker fans who are actually not band wagoneers...but you said it perfectly..sooo many laker fans on this forum can be quoted as saying that lamar odom was not that good and saying that he was so inconsistent and yall were better of without him...to all you laker fans that are band wagon fans....F.U.C.K. U.....yall are the reason people hate yall....you're gonna be in here saying that yall are lad to have him and now yall are guaranteed another title...here's a news flash to you all...when yall were saying that yall were better off without him now that he's back it just diminishes yalls chances of winning again....go play with legos in the street you inconsistent *****!

Im SOOO glad somebody finally let loose and THANK YOU!!! These dam laker fans are the reason in my opinion i cant stand the G.A.Y A.S.S. Lakers one dam bit, those dam fans think its a lock to win again? Ha, theyve got somethin comin, cause when the UnderRated/UnderDogged/"OLD" SPURS beat them, i will laugh when Kobe an Fish cry likee bigg dam babys AGAIN like we beat them in 03 after they won the finals in 02! Cant wait for this season, Laker fans just wait and see, yuu got somethin comin! WATCH! & heat fans- ignore all these laker haters, there going to talkk trash bout yall butt dont snoop down to their CHILDISH behaviors.

GspLAL
07-30-2009, 06:44 PM

oh and, someones pissed!

Go Dodgers!
07-30-2009, 06:44 PM
Im SOOO glad somebody finally let loose and THANK YOU!!! These dam laker fans are the reason in my opinion i cant stand the G.A.Y A.S.S. Lakers one dam bit, those dam fans think its a lock to win again? Ha, theyve got somethin comin, cause when the UnderRated/UnderDogged/"OLD" SPURS beat them, i will laugh when Kobe an Fish cry likee bigg dam babys AGAIN like we beat them in 03 after they won the finals in 02! Cant wait for this season, Laker fans just wait and see, yuu got somethin comin! WATCH! & heat fans- ignore all these laker haters, there going to talkk trash bout yall butt dont snoop down to their CHILDISH behaviors.

Snoop down? Childish behavior is exactly what your post represented..

Teeboy1487
07-30-2009, 06:47 PM
I am glad it's over. The heat had me worried. I did not say much about this issue, but I wanted it to just be over as quickly as possible. Now our roster is set barring trade.

Ovratd1up
07-30-2009, 06:47 PM
Not sure what catapulted the Blazers over the Nuggets, but I'll admit it's close. I don't see Dallas as better than either team though, despite their offseason moves

Lakers are now far and away the best in the West, and also top in the NBA by a smaller gap. Still moves to be made though.

I have to admit that I feel the same way. I was doing more of a consensus, and because the Blazers and Mavs have made big offseason moves and the Nuggets haven't, most think they are ahead now.

fishfan79
07-30-2009, 06:49 PM
Kewl it is over thank god hehe :)

Now keep this lineup unless we get boozer for haslem + (since beasley has a very good chance to be better then boozer as a 1 year rental). Pluck up some minor additions and wait for the season to swipe some talent.

Corey
07-30-2009, 06:51 PM
Good for the Lakers. They would have downgraded this season if he didn't come back. Now their the top team going into the season.

Chronz
07-30-2009, 06:52 PM
Yea If I were a Laker fan I wouldnt put much stock into my teams regular season performance anymore. I think theyve reached the point where their chemistry is what its going to be, integrating 1 player shouldnt be too hard, even if it is Artest.

last stand
07-30-2009, 06:52 PM
NBA talk on here is childish at best

people wanting kobe to break his leg. generalizations

makes me want to vomit. too much stupidity for my taste

spurs4#5
07-30-2009, 06:53 PM
oh and, someones pissed!
yeah homie...******** people piss me off

Brooke
07-30-2009, 06:55 PM
im just so confused why lamar puts yall over the top all of a sudden ya he's a great player...but when did lamar become better than rasheed wallace? when did he become better than manu ginobili? what makes yall think that yall have the best sixth man in the nba now??? yall have the most inconsistent sixth man...stop saying yall are gonna win...and please stop saying yall are the clear cut favorites in the west...yall make no sense what so ever!!! yall were the best last year...CONGRATS!!! move the f.u.c.k on.. the new season hasnt start yet and yall have some of your fans saying that yall are a lock down for a 3 peat??? get some perspective...again grab your bag of legos and go play in the street!!!

it is what he brings on and off the court. He is a mismatch nightmare for other teams. There is a reason a lot of teams were hoping he went to Miami

last I checked the Lakers are the champs and the team pretty much stayed the same so we have a right to feel good about our chances. I am sure Lakers aren't the only team who thought they could repeat after winning it

Fireworld
07-30-2009, 07:01 PM
Good for the Lakers. They would have downgraded this season if he didn't come back. Now their the top team going into the season.

Thanx foe.

goheelsgovols
07-30-2009, 07:12 PM
Lakers are the favorites again....hopefully my bobcats can get to the finals against them cause they cant beat us

lorenz00
07-30-2009, 07:16 PM
repeat baby LOL

Lakers211221
07-30-2009, 07:17 PM
Quick Rankings now.

Overall-

1. Lakers
2. Boston
3. Magic
4. Cavs
5. San Antonio
6. Dallas
7. Portland
8. Nuggets

East-

1. Boston
2. Magic
3. Cavs
4. Atlanta
5. Toronto
6. Bulls
7. Wizards
8. Heat
9. Sixers

West-

1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Dallas
4. Blazers
5. Nuggets
6. Jazz
7. Hornets
8. Phoenix
9. OKC

Close, but I think its like this:

Overall-

1. Lakers
2. Celtics
3. Magic
4. Cavs
5. Spurs
6. Nuggets
7. Blazers
8. Heat

EAST-

1. Celtics
2. Magic
3. Cavs
4. Heat
5. Pistons
6. Raptors
7. Wizards
8. Hawks

WEST-

1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Nuggets
4. Blazers
5. Hornets
6. Mavs
7. Jazz
8. Rockets

zachattach
07-30-2009, 07:21 PM
Quick Rankings now.

Overall-

1. Lakers
2. Boston
3. Magic
4. Cavs
5. San Antonio
6. Dallas
7. Portland
8. Nuggets

East-

1. Boston
2. Magic
3. Cavs
4. Atlanta
5. Toronto
6. Bulls
7. Wizards
8. Heat
9. Sixers

West-

1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Dallas
4. Blazers
5. Nuggets
6. Jazz
7. Hornets
8. Phoenix
9. OKC
Why exactly do so many people have Dallas ahead of Denver? Denver put a beat down on this team just a couple months ago. Marion, Gooden and Tim Thomas do not make them better then Denver.

MTar786
07-30-2009, 07:22 PM

Artest/Kobe/LO/Pau/Bynum

1996 Bulls v2.0

BETTER THAN THE 96 BULLS IMO

2010 champs

the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jell- O's jigglin'!

Ripper Gein
07-30-2009, 07:23 PM

First of all BLOW ME!! second no one is gonna kiss his *** i expect boos when he first comes off the bench, and thirdly(is that a word?) championships cure ALL hard feelings so work hard and keep that title where it belongs in the GREATEST CITY IN THE WORLD LOS ANGELES....

Statik1
07-30-2009, 07:24 PM
Finally this saga has come to a close :D

MTar786
07-30-2009, 07:27 PM
im just so confused why lamar puts yall over the top all of a sudden ya he's a great player...but when did lamar become better than rasheed wallace? when did he become better than manu ginobili? what makes yall think that yall have the best sixth man in the nba now??? yall have the most inconsistent sixth man...stop saying yall are gonna win...and please stop saying yall are the clear cut favorites in the west...yall make no sense what so ever!!! yall were the best last year...CONGRATS!!! move the f.u.c.k on.. the new season hasnt start yet and yall have some of your fans saying that yall are a lock down for a 3 peat??? get some perspective...again grab your bag of legos and go play in the street!!!

better than ginobli? NO
better than sheed? HELL YA

besides.. who cares about ginobli.. our laker teams owns the rest of the SA team

Ripper Gein
07-30-2009, 07:28 PM

IRONIC isn't it.:D

kurivaimu
07-30-2009, 07:28 PM
Lakers have upgraded: Artest is way much better than Ariza
and now they got odom.
scary.
boston will still win though..

dtmagnet
07-30-2009, 07:32 PM
I figured he would sign with the Lakers again, at least the speculation can end now.

Ripper Gein
07-30-2009, 07:32 PM

must be something in the water down there in san antone.

Legitimate
07-30-2009, 07:37 PM
I'm happy that LO went to Lakers instead of Miami. IMO Raptors are a lock for 4-6 seed now, since Miami most likely not gonna upgrade there roster. Haha, do or die for the heat with Wade, trade smeazley or bust.

lou seone
07-30-2009, 07:41 PM
why should the heat give up a young good player with a small contract for a player they can get next year for free,since it would be his favorite team to go since he lives in miami in the off season now

rapswin98
07-30-2009, 07:43 PM
It was obvious that he was coming back to LA, he tried to use the heat as leverage and it didnt work. He will never see a 3 yr/30 mil offer again lol.

Lakerfrk
07-30-2009, 07:44 PM
Why exactly do so many people have Dallas ahead of Denver? Denver put a beat down on this team just a couple months ago. Marion, Gooden and Tim Thomas do not make them better then Denver.

I disagree... I think Marion, Gooden, and Tim Thomas DO make Dallas better than Denver...

If I'm not mistaken... all Denver has done this off-season is re-sign Anderson and lose Dahntay Jones.. right?

1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Blazers
4. Mavericks
5. Nuggets
6. Jazz
7. Hornets
8. Clippers

dee279
07-30-2009, 07:45 PM
This is not my favorite outcome but damn im glad its over.

Vinny642
07-30-2009, 07:48 PM
LA are the favorites but I dont think they are they will win it, but they have the best chance.

Vee-Rex
07-30-2009, 07:50 PM
LOL I've never seen so many different laker fans on these boards. I will say this... Lakers are definitely the clear favorites. Nothing is guaranteed in the NBA, though.

bogdanrom
07-30-2009, 07:50 PM
Close, but I think its like this:

Overall-

1. Lakers
2. Celtics
3. Magic
4. Cavs
5. Spurs
6. Nuggets
7. Blazers
8. Heat

EAST-

1. Celtics
2. Magic
3. Cavs
4. Heat
5. Pistons
6. Raptors
7. Wizards
8. Hawks

WEST-

1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Nuggets
4. Blazers
5. Hornets
6. Mavs
7. Jazz
8. Rockets

I guess you didn't read the article. Lamar Odom is going to the Lakers not Miami. As it stands right now Miami won't make the playoffs, and it's not even close. If they get Boozer then will maybe get the 7th or 8th spot. And the Pistons at 5? I think they will make the playoffs but barely.

Anyways congratulations to the Lakers, This signing will definitely make yoy early contenders to win it all again.

The way I see it right now:
EAST
1. Boston
2. Magic
3. Cleveland
4. Wizards
5. Toronto
6. Atlanta
7. Chicago
8. Pistons

WEST
1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Denver
4. Blazers
5. Mavericks
6. Hornets
7. Jazz
8. Clippers, Warriors, Suns( Rockets will have Yao out for the whole season, and T-Mac is expected to miss at least one month)

Reyes6
07-30-2009, 07:56 PM
I guess you didn't read the article. Lamar Odom is going to the Lakers not Miami. As it stands right now Miami won't make the playoffs, and it's not even close. If they get Boozer then will maybe get the 7th or 8th spot. And the Pistons at 5? I think they will make the playoffs but barely.

Anyways congratulations to the Lakers, This signing will definitely make yoy early contenders to win it all again.

EAST
1. Boston
2. Magic
3. Cleveland
4. Wizards
5. Toronto
6. Atlanta
7. Chicago
8. Pistons

WEST
1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Denver
4. Blazers
5. Mavericks
6. Hornets
7. Jazz
8. Clippers, Warriors, Suns( Rockets will have Yao out for the whole season, and T-Mac is expected to miss at least one month)

Wizards? Really? And Warriors over the Rockets? Your name isn't WarriorsGOTTABelieve123...

LO is stupid. Could've started and been in a place where the fans actually give a *******.

Lakergirl24
07-30-2009, 08:01 PM

Artest/Kobe/LO/Pau/Bynum

1996 Bulls v2.0

That would be cool but we need odom for bench depth. Our bech would be thin, if that was our starting unit

J$mo0th_3o5
07-30-2009, 08:04 PM
Damn it would've been nice to have Odom, but oh well at least it's over.

samxeyeam
07-30-2009, 08:07 PM
Yes odom is inconsistent (in scoring) but if you look at his reb, he gets 7-11 rebs per game... Also, his presense on the court (taking the ball down court, passing the ball, mismatch on offense and defense, and the best part of him yet, he doesnt HAVE to shoot the ball to be happy) makes the biggest difference. People are so concentrated on PPG nowadays its just sickening. How many versitile 6'10" big men do we have in the NBA? Not many... Im glad the odom haters in lakers fans finally realizing his role. Player for player, manu might be better but to compare him for team to team, odom is right up there with manu for the best 6th man argument.

I seen a post about artest and ariza swap... This Artest might bite the lakers in the *** BIG time, but we'll see how "mature" he really is. Got to give the guy a shot before burning him down :)

theimortalone
07-30-2009, 08:12 PM
Cool.

bogdanrom
07-30-2009, 08:16 PM
Wizards? Really? And Warriors over the Rockets? Your name isn't WarriorsGOTTABelieve123...

LO is stupid. Could've started and been in a place where the fans actually give a *******.

Yes really. That Wizards are not a legit team in the East? We have Arenas and Haywood back, and added Foye, Miller and Oberto. Plus McGee is always improving.

And the Rockets have no one left. What you think Ariza is going to carry that team. They have no true center. Their starting center is going to be 6'9 and he is not Ben Wallace (in his prime). They have only one healthy player 7 feet or taller, and that is David Andersen. A player that I have never heard of.
And the Warriors have an okay team.

PG Monta Ellis(had a bad season last year, he will rebound)/ Curry/ Claxton
SG Corey Maggete/ Morrow
SF Jackson/ Azubuike/ Devean George
PF Brandan Wright/ Randolph
C Andris Biedrins/ Turiaf

That will be better than
PG Aaron Brooks/ Kyle Lowry
SG Shane Battier/ Brent Barry
SF Trevor Ariza/ James White
PF Luis Scola/ Chuck Hayes
C Carl Landry/ David Anderson

T-Mac will miss at least one month of the seaon and it's rumored that it's going to be more than that.

LA_Raiders
07-30-2009, 08:24 PM
Odom is a Laker....

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-30-2009, 08:24 PM
As a bull fan, i'm HOPING AND PLEADINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG we get Boozer.. Then in 2010 we acquire D-Wade.

Picture that lineup:

C: Joakim Noah
PF: Carlos Boozer
SF: Luol Deng
SG: D'Wade
PG: Derrick Rose

6th man- Hinrich... thats fierce kids.

Wow just stfu

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-30-2009, 08:25 PM
Damn im petty disappointed, but its not something to be pissed of about.

One door closes, another Opens.

JWO35
07-30-2009, 08:26 PM
How much candy does he get a year?

spurs4#5
07-30-2009, 08:30 PM
better than ginobli? NO
better than sheed? HELL YA

besides.. who cares about ginobli.. our laker teams owns the rest of the SA team

wow!!! ok besides allllll the laker fans and spurs fans....who in here thinks derek fisher is better than tony parker???? who in here thinks pau gasol is better than tim duncan??? who thinks artest is better than jefferson? who think bynum is better than mcdyess???

jefferson is better than artest becausehe is a more consistent player that brings championship experience

mcdyess is better because while on offense bynum will not be able to just stand at the basket and try to block shots he has to respect mcdyess's shot and if he play tim duncan well can u say early fouls?

duncan and parker are just better by far!!!

J$mo0th_3o5
07-30-2009, 08:31 PM
Odom is a Laker....

Now you call him Odom. What happened to Odumb or Odumbass:rolleyes:

MiamiHeat
07-30-2009, 09:05 PM

EAST
1. Boston
2. Magic
3. Cleveland
4. Wizards
5. Toronto
6. Atlanta
7. Chicago
8. Pistons

WEST
1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Denver
4. Blazers
5. Mavericks
6. Hornets
7. Jazz

why do you think Miami will not make the playoffs? they basically have the same team as last year and they made it...so I think is pretty stupid to think they aren't making the playoffs again.. Beasley will only get better Wade is still Wade and the offseason isn't over yet

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-30-2009, 09:10 PM

EAST
1. Boston
2. Magic
3. Cleveland
4. Wizards
5. Toronto
6. Atlanta
7. Chicago
8. Pistons

WEST
1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Denver
4. Blazers
5. Mavericks
6. Hornets
7. Jazz

Wow thats ********. The heat are still a good team without odom, we are better than the pistons, bulls, and maybe atlanta but that one is close, and maybe the wizards (idk why everyone is putting them 4th, but we'll see).

And lol at you putting the clippers making the playoffs.

MVMarauder
07-30-2009, 09:11 PM
we run this

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-30-2009, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by IBleedPurple Guess you don't care much about watching your team the entire regular season.....Sounds like a fairweather fan to me.

And getting a little ahead of yourself? Worry about the 2 peat before the 3 peat.

Fair weather fan? If I was a fair weather fan, wouldn't that mean I would be all about the Lakers every game this season? Because the "weather" forecast is calling for sunshine the next 5 years. Im not saying Im not going to watch because they are terrible. Im saying Im still going to watch, but I wont get upset if they lose a game in the regular season like I used to.

And maybe you should check the date that I joined this forum. It was in the middle of us sucking for 3 years. We had Smush Parker, Luke Walton, Brian Cook and Kwame Brown in the starting lineup. Kobe wanted to be traded. But take a look at my user name. Does that spell fair weather to you? Look at the baseball team I cheer for. Sure they are good now, but when is the last time they won anything? Does that spell fair weather to you:eyebrow:

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-30-2009, 09:12 PM

You can't blame them, that's the way they are.

JJ81
07-30-2009, 09:17 PM
Lamahhhhhh!!!

Gibby23
07-30-2009, 09:17 PM
The Lakers are now just a dirty, dirty team. The PG will be getting open 3's all game, and we know Fisher isn't afraid to fire away.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-30-2009, 09:54 PM
we run this

I was at that game in your sig. I could not believe what I saw. That play was sweet. (not a foul) Glad we re signed him

Hellcrooner
07-30-2009, 10:17 PM
poor haters they filled their mouths with No odom no repeatl.....

mu ah ah ha ha haahahahhahahahahaah

Brooke
07-30-2009, 10:21 PM

not every Laker fan calls him that

still1ballin
07-30-2009, 10:38 PM

He is still Odumb to us, wait til the season starts....he will take the blame for all the mistakes/losses even if he didn't do anything....he is our scapegoat....expect alot of quotes like these

"WTF LAMAR?"

still1ballin
07-30-2009, 10:41 PM
The candy man can!

Vidball
07-30-2009, 11:06 PM
Odom will get diabetes and have to retire. Lakers might end up coughing up a lot of money for his insulin while he sits behind the bench.

Hahaha! Glad LO is back after showing off his mad negotiating skills...great hold out :D
Glad he's back though!!!

dbeastly
07-30-2009, 11:12 PM
Mehhh...Lakers probably added a pack of skittles to the deal.
Now comes the real question though.
Will Andrew Bynum or Ron Artest have a season ending injury?

Lakergirl24
07-30-2009, 11:17 PM
Mehhh...Lakers probably added a pack of skittles to the deal.
Now comes the real question though.
Will Andrew Bynum or Ron Artest have a season ending injury?

I think the bigger question....how many games will shaq play before he gets injured? Not surprising, another hater afraid of the Lakers and hoping someone gets injured:)

dbeastly
07-30-2009, 11:25 PM

EAST
1. Boston
2. Magic
3. Cleveland
4. Wizards
5. Toronto
6. Atlanta
7. Chicago
8. Pistons

WEST
1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Denver
4. Blazers
5. Mavericks
6. Hornets
7. Jazz

Miami will make the playoffs without Boozer. I dont know if you noticed but they have Dwyane Wade. And whatever team Wade is on makes the playoffs. You could have a good looking team on paper but it doesnt mean they will be great(take Clippers for example).Noone knows what will happen this year but Miami will be in the playoffs. As much as you think the Wizards are going to be great, the truth is they just have a log jam with a bunch of guards and nothing else. Turkoglu doesn't make Toronto a 5th seed. Pistons added Gordon and Villinueva but lost Iverson,Mcdyss,Wallace,and im pretty sure Maxiell also so they didnt upgrade at all.

dbeastly
07-30-2009, 11:29 PM
I think the bigger question....how many games will shaq play before he gets injured? Not surprising, another hater afraid of the Lakers and hoping someone gets injured:)

haha did you not notice Lebron is crying in my pic while my sig has him shooting a brick in the air?. I hate lebron more than I hate anyone in the league for being such a baby. Im a heat fan. Anyways Im not saying I want your players to get injured but really is Bynum ever safe?

Sly Guy
07-30-2009, 11:31 PM
I think this will significantly change the complexion of the eastern conference playoff picture.

Miami is going to sink like a stone this year unless they can pull off something miraculous.

Lakergirl24
07-30-2009, 11:33 PM
haha did you not notice Lebron is crying in my pic while my sig has him shooting a brick in the air?. I hate lebron more than I hate anyone in the league for being such a baby. Im a heat fan. Anyways Im not saying I want your players to get injured but really is Bynum ever safe?

Ahh, sorry then. I didnt look closely at the pick. I am with you on lebron. Bynum has been injured a lot, but theyve also been freak accidents. Hopefully they stay healthy

#1Mavericksfan
07-30-2009, 11:46 PM
Damm I wanted Odom to got the Heat....well I guess Lakers fan can sleep better a night now the Odom is coming back.

bogdanrom
07-31-2009, 12:15 AM
why do you think Miami will not make the playoffs? they basically have the same team as last year and they made it...so I think is pretty stupid to think they aren't making the playoffs again.. Beasley will only get better Wade is still Wade and the offseason isn't over yet

Because team that did not make the playoffs last year have vastly improved. Teams like Toronto and Washington have vastly improved. And just because a team made the playoffs the previous year, does not guarantee anything next year. And true the offseason isn't over but as it stand I think Miami will have a really hard time making in the playoffs.

st3voness
07-31-2009, 12:49 AM
Good for LA, but I don't see them repeating until they get one more quality bench player because the entire WC has upgraded.

lakers4sho
07-31-2009, 01:03 AM
Good for LA, but I don't see them repeating until they get one more quality bench player because the entire WC has upgraded.

including the Lakers :cool:

1WorthyLakerFan
07-31-2009, 01:21 AM

I have to apologize for some of my fellow Lakers fans. If I had a chance to get LO for the MLE, I would have jumped all over it. I think the biggest difference is that through the years we've have gotten the players like LO for the MLE. It really isn't fair because we have the whole Hollywood entertainment capital thing where other markets just can't compete.

I feel for non-LAL fans, because I would hate to be in their shoes and try to hang on to hope when you really know at the end of the day you just can't compete.

The last thing I am going to do it rub someone else's nose in it. Matter of fact you deserve credit for still fighting even when the odds are stacked against you. For your sake, I would love to see Miami rebound and make it back to the finals in the next 2-3 year (it could happen, Beasly really is going to be something special). Unfortunately though, if they do the Lakers will probably be there to greet them.

1WorthyLakerFan
07-31-2009, 01:25 AM

:confused: R U some kinda crazy. The Lakers just won the chip, they got better with Artest, and they were odd on favorites to win it again (according to Vegas, the people who make a living trying to figure this stuff out) before they added Odom.

I think having pride in your team is admirable, but being ignorant isn't. That's OK though, you will change your tune when we sweep you guys out of the 2nd round. Book it Danno, you guys will get swept out of the 2nd round by LAL.

RaiderLakersA's
07-31-2009, 01:25 AM
A good signing.

Up next: Kobe's extension.

After that: cementing the play of our bench...although we may not make any moves there until after the season starts.

I'm not one of the people who is crazy enough to assume that signing LO automatically means a repeat. I've been around long enough to know that we've lost in the Finals when we were favored to win. The hardest losses were with the Showtime Lakers, because we were VERY stacked then, too. The most recent was the debacle against the Celtics. I'm not taking anything for granted this upcoming season. Hopefully we sign one more player to the bench to make us truly invincible.

chicago lulz
07-31-2009, 01:30 AM
Because team that did not make the playoffs last year have vastly improved. Teams like Toronto and Washington have vastly improved. And just because a team made the playoffs the previous year, does not guarantee anything next year. And true the offseason isn't over but as it stand I think Miami will have a really hard time making in the playoffs.

How can you say Miami won't make the playoffs? Yes they didn't make any moves this off season but neither have the Bulls. They still have Wade and he's a top 3 player in this league. How is it that without any moves we are better than the Heat. If I recall, and as unfortunate as it is to bring up, they won the series against us. As much as I hate Miami, because of the rivalry, I don't agree with your belief that they won't make the playoffs this year.

#1Mavericksfan
07-31-2009, 01:32 AM
:confused: R U some kinda crazy. The Lakers just won the chip, they got better with Artest, and they were odd on favorites to win it again (according to Vegas, the people who make a living trying to figure this stuff out) before they added Odom.

I think having pride in your team is admirable, but being ignorant isn't. That's OK though, you will change your tune when we sweep you guys out of the 2nd round. Book it Danno, you guys will get swept out of the 2nd round by LAL.

In your dreams dude........and your calling a Mavs fan "ignorant" and you sound just as ignorant with that trash, you sit up here acting like the Mavs haven't played the Lakers close every game the Mavs just couldn't finsh, all the teams out west are stacked like Spurs, Mavs, Blazers and Nuggets and there all gonna give the Lakers a good fight.

Iron24th
07-31-2009, 01:35 AM
We're set and potentially the best team of the NBA,fear L.A.

BoltLakerPadre
OH THANK GOD LAMAR!!!! Now I can start my summer. Up next, football season.

KB24PG16

thats one person

SkrewOdom77
07-31-2009, 02:02 AM
well i lost all respect for odom

GoatMilk
07-31-2009, 02:03 AM
why?
took less to continue playing for a winner

SkrewOdom77
07-31-2009, 02:18 AM
^ no for using the heat for his own selfish reasons

S.J.Basketball
07-31-2009, 02:25 AM
Should've taken the original deal LAMAR!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA SUCK ON THAT CHODE!!

plpfctn
07-31-2009, 04:02 AM
^ no for using the heat for his own selfish reasons

welcome to the business world. everyone tries to get as much leverage as possible. blame that fool riley for playing that game. he knew exactly what he was gettting into. you should be pissed at riley, not LO.

JayW_1023
07-31-2009, 05:49 AM
If the Lakers stay healthy they are the favorites by a landslide. They have no excuses. Kobe Bryant is the best player in the game...and he also has the best supporting cast around him. This team is a nightmare.

LakersSaintsLSU
07-31-2009, 06:58 AM
Buss is a gangsta!!!!! Took back 3 mil and got back the candy man

LakersSaintsLSU
07-31-2009, 06:59 AM
Lo gets much respect he turned down portlands 5yr/40 mil deal down 6 more mill then miami

Brooke
07-31-2009, 07:30 AM

this is why LO is so important

S-Dot
07-31-2009, 07:36 AM
no reason the lakers shouldn't take it all; this is a really good roster they have now

JJ_JKidd
07-31-2009, 08:53 AM
"I always wanted to come back because we won the championship," Odom told ESPN's Shelley Smith. "I'm playing for the biggest brand in the world. And I'm playing with the most fluid, talented center in the world in Pau Gasol, Andrew Bynum's coming back and of course Kobe Bryant.

"But to now get an opportunity to play with Ron Artest, a guy I've known 16 years, it means a lot. I told Ron Ron a few weeks ago I couldn't walk away. I still had to fight. Everytime negotiations didn't go the way I thought, I just took a step back, like them pulling the offer off the table, I just knew I had to fight."

Yeah like the world knew you were talking to a couple of teams. Man im loving this, Lakers are all set for next season while the Mavs hopefully would stop signing these crap players and better start signing some impact guy so that I can finally find some peace.

Big Ken
07-31-2009, 10:26 AM
Now its back to back so Kobe can say **** Shaq!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheers::rock::dance:

fresh prince
07-31-2009, 02:05 PM
A good signing.

Up next: Kobe's extension.

After that: cementing the play of our bench...although we may not make any moves there until after the season starts.

I'm not one of the people who is crazy enough to assume that signing LO automatically means a repeat. I've been around long enough to know that we've lost in the Finals when we were favored to win. The hardest losses were with the Showtime Lakers, because we were VERY stacked then, too. The most recent was the debacle against the Celtics. I'm not taking anything for granted this upcoming season. Hopefully we sign one more player to the bench to make us truly invincible.

:clap:

We cant assume anything. And to your point re: the bench I think were done.

I'm guessing the Front Office will wait to see how Sasha, Farmar, Brown and Morrison play before we do anything.

Sasha and Farmar cant play worse than they did last year can they?

J$mo0th_3o5
07-31-2009, 02:18 PM
How can you say Miami won't make the playoffs? Yes they didn't make any moves this off season but neither have the Bulls. They still have Wade and he's a top 3 player in this league. How is it that without any moves we are better than the Heat. If I recall, and as unfortunate as it is to bring up, they won the series against us. As much as I hate Miami, because of the rivalry, I don't agree with your belief that they won't make the playoffs this year.

:speechless::faint:

bogdanrom
07-31-2009, 05:41 PM

Okay the Bulls haven't made any moves but Toronto has, Washington has, Detroit has, and Chicago was a young team plus they're were missing Luol Deng, who played great before getting injured, and Derrick Rose will keep getting better and better. Yes Wade is an amazingly talented player and yes he is definitely top 3 in the NBA, but that's it. Beasley had a disappointing season, Chalmers had a good season but he's not as good as Heat fans make him up to be. Jermaine O'Neal is passed his prime, and no one else. They will be in the playoff hunt but in the end I think they will end up coming up just a little short.