PDA

View Full Version : Trade Scenarios (Red Sox, Yankees, Dodgers)

leafsjays1
07-30-2009, 01:59 PM
It seems that the Dodgers do not want to part with anyone basically on their 25 man roster (Kershaw, Billingsley). So the are saying that the Dodger would give up 5 or maybe even 6 top prospects to get Halladay, because of their somewhat weak Farm. The question is do you want quality or Quantity.

1. Andrew Lambo, of
2. James McDonald, rhp
3. Ethan Martin, rhp
4. Josh Lindblom, rhp
5. Scott Elbert, lhp
6. Ivan DeJesus Jr., ss
7. Devaris Gordon, ss
8. Josh Bell, 3b
9. Chris Withrow, rhp
10. Nathan Eovaldi, rhp

5 or 6 of the Dodgers pretty good prospects, or 3 really good Yankees or Red Sox prospects (Montero, Joba, Jackson or Bucholz, Bard, Reddick)

This is a hard one cause I don't know if we need to fill lots of holes or just tweak it a little I'd want Quality over quantity, but that is just me what do you think?

Bluerapoileagle
07-30-2009, 02:01 PM
I want at least Bell, McDonald and DeJesus Jr.

leafsjays1
07-30-2009, 02:06 PM
Apparentley, because non are major league ready it will take about 5 of those 10 which is great. But that is what Peter Gammons said and he is pretty good with his rumors

bomber0104
07-30-2009, 02:10 PM
I want at least Bell, McDonald and DeJesus Jr.

Mcdonald is the last guy I want in the deal. I've seen him pitch a couple of times and he isn't that special

bomber0104
07-30-2009, 02:12 PM
This is what I would do

Halladay to the Dodgers
Lindblom, Lambo, Ivan De Jesus and another prospect

Rolen to the Reds
Alonso to the Jays

Scutaro to someone
prospects to the Jays

This way we restock the farm system big time with a very good prospect at every position

NickyNick
07-30-2009, 02:14 PM
Halladay and Kaberle

for

Buchholz, Papelbon, and Phil Kessel

Would you do that?

Bluerapoileagle
07-30-2009, 02:15 PM
^^No because I'm an Oilers fan.

bomber0104
07-30-2009, 02:16 PM
Halladay and Kaberle

for

Buchholz, Papelbon, and Phil Kessel

Would you do that?

I would want either Anderson or Hammel plus a pick

NickyNick
07-30-2009, 02:19 PM
I would want either Anderson or Hammel plus a pick

yea but you would be getting 3 really young stars...and boston moves bard to the closer's role

ishouldbeagm
07-30-2009, 03:22 PM
jesus montero
austin jackson
dellin betances
austin romine

for

halladay?

bomber0104
07-30-2009, 03:26 PM
jesus montero
austin jackson
dellin betances
austin romine

for

halladay?

one of Hughes of Joba has to be included.. I've been saying Hughes, Jackson, and Montero all along

heusy_79
07-30-2009, 03:34 PM
one of Hughes of Joba has to be included.. I've been saying Hughes, Jackson, and Montero all along

Just out of curiosity, do you prefer Hughes to Joba or do you just think that package is more realistic?

madmike77
07-30-2009, 03:50 PM
I don't think the Sox will trade Bard and there's pretty much no way the Yankees deal Montero.

I'd trade him to the Sox for Buchholz, Bowden and some lesser prospects. You just have a better idea of what you're going to get with those guys. Both could be in the rotation as soon as next year.

bomber0104
07-30-2009, 03:52 PM
Just out of curiosity, do you prefer Hughes to Joba or do you just think that package is more realistic?

I think Hughes is more realistic. Seems like Joba had figured out the starting gig and is probably more valuable to the Yankees

bomber0104
07-30-2009, 03:53 PM
I don't think the Sox will trade Bard and there's pretty much no way the Yankees deal Montero.

I'd trade him to the Sox for Buchholz, Bowden and some lesser prospects. You just have a better idea of what you're going to get with those guys. Both could be in the rotation as soon as next year.

that is a crap deal.. the third guy will have to be Anderson, Kelley, or Reddick to warrant the Jays trading Halladay within the division

heusy_79
07-30-2009, 03:54 PM
I think Hughes is more realistic. Seems like Joba had figured out the starting gig and is probably more valuable to the Yankees

Yeah that's what I figured, I didn't really buy into all the Joba hype at first but he is looking pretty legit at the moment.

fatkev78
07-30-2009, 03:57 PM
MLB.com's Ken Gurnick reports that the Dodgers acquired George Sherrill for Josh Bell and righty Steve Johnson.
http://trades.mlblogs.com/archives/2009/07/dodgers_acquire_sherrill.html

Cross him off our list - though we wouldn't need him if we got Juan from Cincy (assuming Rolen moves).

ishouldbeagm
07-30-2009, 04:02 PM
lars anderson
daniel bard
michael bowden

for

halladay?

CaptainBolduke
07-30-2009, 04:02 PM
Less then 24 hours to the deadline and the Jays are still sitting at status quo...

www.jhbluejaysblog.blogspot.com

bomber0104
07-30-2009, 04:03 PM
lars anderson
daniel bard
michael bowden

for

halladay?

the Red Sox aren't trading Bard and I believe no deal is made unless buchholz is included

madmike77
07-30-2009, 04:04 PM
I sort of want Halladay to go to the Dodgers - just to screw up the cheapskate Phillies.

iggypop123
07-30-2009, 04:20 PM
onley says halladay aint going anywhere

leafsjays1
07-30-2009, 04:52 PM
Well I have a feeling that he is going to get moved cause talk is heating up

wamco
07-30-2009, 05:27 PM
I seriously can't believe any prospect in baseball is off limits when trading for one of the top 10 ish MLB players. 2 of them or more maybe, but not one.

Bluerapoileagle
07-30-2009, 07:18 PM
I seriously can't believe any prospect in baseball is off limits when trading for one of the top 10 ish MLB players. 2 of them or more maybe, but not one.

Good point, I don't get why teams are so reluctant to make a big offer for Halladay. If you get him, you get him not only for this year (when you're a World Series contender) but next year too (when you're also a contender). Doc will probably re-sign there too because he wants to win, and if he does you have a great pitcher for the next 5-7 years maybe.

You don't how these prospects will turn out either, and even if they do turn out good, I would take the chance to win the World Series rather than just be a competitive franchise that doesn't win a World Series (kind of like the Angels).

wamco
07-30-2009, 08:33 PM
ya, I could see this kind of posturing and hesitation if this was a half season rental, but we are talking about 1.5 years of Cy Young production.

j-mart
07-30-2009, 10:00 PM
I sort of want Halladay to go to the Dodgers - just to screw up the cheapskate Phillies.

I'm with you! Philly is going to wish that they had traded for Halladay. Cliff Lee will not be the answer and their GM will be feeling some heat this offseason when they don't win the World Series.

papipapsmanny
07-30-2009, 10:21 PM
ehh i dont think anything is gonna happen now

leafsjays1
07-30-2009, 10:31 PM
It's between the Red Sox and Rangers and Buster Olney says that it is gonna be big and it's gonna go down to the wire. YES.............

Bluerapoileagle
07-30-2009, 10:37 PM
It's between the Red Sox and Rangers and Buster Olney says that it is gonna be big and it's gonna go down to the wire. YES.............

Wow, this is getting tense. My birthday's gonna be more exciting than I expected lol.

leafsjays1
07-30-2009, 10:39 PM
I'd love to get Neftali Feliz in any deal cause he looks like a stud, plus Justin Smoak and some throw ins and we got a great deal on our hands

papipapsmanny
07-31-2009, 12:12 AM
i think the redsox arent really in it anymore i think its just the rangers at this point

papipapsmanny
07-31-2009, 02:31 AM
I still don't get why Jays fans would be so opposed to a

Bowden
Masterson
Reddick/Anderson
Pimental

deal

bomber0104
07-31-2009, 02:48 AM

Bowden
Masterson
Reddick/Anderson
Pimental

deal

because they need a pitcher with ace potential which neither of Bowden and obviously Masterson have. Plus, trading Halladay within the division automatically brings up the price

papipapsmanny
07-31-2009, 03:24 AM
disagree though you get 2 potential 2/3 guys, either a top 1b prospect or a top OF prospect, then another pitcher with a lot of potential, top 10 BA redsox prospect, and is having a really good year.

leafsjays1
07-31-2009, 09:39 AM
I think they need Bucholz

Bluerapoileagle
07-31-2009, 10:01 AM
Really, dude, do you really think the Red Sox's prospects can match the Rangers? Give up on that deal, it was crap and you know it, once JP gets an offer for Feliz/Holland, Smoak and other pieces, we'll all be laughing at the Red Sox's offer.

leafsjays1
07-31-2009, 10:10 AM
Well Peter Gammons doesn't think he is going anywhere, which is bull I am gonna go crazy if they actually think they can compete next year

TO to the CHI
07-31-2009, 10:24 AM

Bowden
Masterson
Reddick/Anderson
Pimental

deal

realistically, JP mismanaged this situation and screwed up potential deals, but when I read posts like this I really think that other people's beliefs of Halladay's value are so ridiculous that there is no reason having a discussion

you want the Jays to trade the best pitcher in baseball, in the division for a package that doesn't include Buchholtz, Bard, Kelly, Westmoreland, etc. Yep, I can't see why Jays fan are opposed either.....

papipapsmanny
07-31-2009, 11:02 AM
Really, dude, do you really think the Red Sox's prospects can match the Rangers? Give up on that deal, it was crap and you know it, once JP gets an offer for Feliz/Holland, Smoak and other pieces, we'll all be laughing at the Red Sox's offer.

in what world is that a bad offer?

Anderson is just as good a prospect as smoak, and is younger than him. I would take bowden and masterson over just holland, and then Pimental who is a very good SP prospect.

papipapsmanny
07-31-2009, 11:06 AM
realistically, JP mismanaged this situation and screwed up potential deals, but when I read posts like this I really think that other people's beliefs of Halladay's value are so ridiculous that there is no reason having a discussion

you want the Jays to trade the best pitcher in baseball, in the division for a package that doesn't include Buchholtz, Bard, Kelly, Westmoreland, etc. Yep, I can't see why Jays fan are opposed either.....

the problem is you guys think that the only guys that are good are the ones ESPN mentions.

You probably all thought wesmoreland was a scrub until he was mentioned in a trade

bomber0104
07-31-2009, 11:07 AM
in what world is that a bad offer?

Anderson is just as good a prospect as smoak, and is younger than him. I would take bowden and masterson over just holland, and then Pimental who is a very good SP prospect.

God... you sound like you haven't watched a Red Sox game this year. In case you didn't notice, Masterson is ****

leafsjays1
07-31-2009, 11:10 AM
Masterson is pretty good, I would like to have him if we can't have Daniel Bard

papipapsmanny
07-31-2009, 11:16 AM
God... you sound like you haven't watched a Red Sox game this year. In case you didn't notice, Masterson is ****

he has been unlucky, and he is 24 only his second year. I can name a lot of guys that werent special in their second year that became good or really good.

bomber0104
07-31-2009, 11:24 AM
he has been unlucky, and he is 24 only his second year. I can name a lot of guys that werent special in their second year that became good or really good.

like a .313 avg vs. lefties unlucky?

He's obviously young and might turn it around but he is not what the Jays need

papipapsmanny
07-31-2009, 11:28 AM
well all im going to say is that if 10 teams are saying the price is too high...... then it obviously is

bomber0104
07-31-2009, 11:33 AM
well all im going to say is that if 10 teams are saying the price is too high...... then it obviously is

unfortunately it has to be.... I personally think that the only high price is what JP is asking from the Rangers

papipapsmanny
07-31-2009, 11:36 AM
why didnt jp just say he was off limits because now he hasnt even traded guys like scutaro or rolen

Sophi127
07-31-2009, 11:40 AM
Riccardi doesn't know how to handle himself in these type of situations, too bad jay fans. He has never made a big trade for you guys, the guy seems like a douche bag. If he would have traded Halladay, Rolen, and Scudaro it would have brought back a boatload of prospects. Add those prospects with the young players the Jays already have, the jays could have been the second coming of the Rays. Too bad, Riccardi got greedy.

Sophi127
07-31-2009, 11:48 AM
Washburn to Detroit deal done.

2009mvp
07-31-2009, 11:57 AM
Riccardi doesn't know how to handle himself in these type of situations, too bad jay fans. He has never made a big trade for you guys, the guy seems like a douche bag. If he would have traded Halladay, Rolen, and Scudaro it would have brought back a boatload of prospects. Add those prospects with the young players the Jays already have, the jays could have been the second coming of the Rays. Too bad, Riccardi got greedy.

Mediocre prospects do not get me excited. Like bomber said, the only package with any merit was the one being reported with Texas.

natey2k4
07-31-2009, 12:13 PM
Greedy? How?

If teams aren't going to pay for Halladay - why should JP give away the best pitcher in baseball? He shouldn't. Halladay is still under contract for next year - if we suck next year, he can still be traded. Sure we may lose out on a prospect due to Halladay not being signed an extra year - but we can still deal him.

I'm a fan of Halladay NOT being moved if we can't get an overpayment. There's no reason to move the best pitcher in baseball, who is under contract for another season (and may re-sign if we do well), for crap.