PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Raptors and Golden State Trade - Devean George traded for Marco Bellinelli

phoenix_bladen
07-29-2009, 10:27 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AiU6._SAqhcTnyoGmEVhlq.8vLYF?slug=aw-belinelli072909&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

http://twitter.com/YahooSportsNBA

Sources: Raptors nab Belinelli

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports 10 minutes ago

Buzz up! 0 votes
Print

More From Adrian Wojnarowski

* Sources: Odom leaning toward signing with Heat Jul 25, 2009
* Marbury's career becoming world-wide waste Jul 25, 2009

Yahoo! Sports

The Toronto Raptorsí intrigue with running a European-modeled franchise advanced again with a trade for Golden State guard Marco Belinelli(notes), NBA sources told Yahoo! Sports on Wednesday night.

The Raptors will send Devean George(notes) to the Warriors.

Belinelli, an Italian guard, was a favorite of Toronto GM Bryan Colangelo prior to the 2007 draft when the Warriors selected him with the 18th pick. Belinelli averaged nearly nine points a game for Golden State last season. He joins fellow Italian Andrea Bargnani(notes) on the Raptors roster.

George, 31, arrived in Toronto this summer as part of the Shawn Marion(notes) sign-and-trade with Dallas. He averaged 3.4 points a game for the Mavericks.

Afridi786
07-29-2009, 10:28 PM
Great trade for the Raptors.

st3voness
07-29-2009, 10:29 PM
Golden State is stupid. George is about as useful as a pineapple at this point in his career.

Vinny642
07-29-2009, 10:30 PM
George EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Bad trade GSW ughhh

KH12
07-29-2009, 10:30 PM
Wow, steal for Toronto.

phoenix_bladen
07-29-2009, 10:31 PM
i'm still wondering if there will be draft picks that will be thrown in from toronto's side

it really looks one sided at this point..........!

LanceUpperCut
07-29-2009, 10:33 PM
Sweet B.C. is the ****ing man .

DerekRE_3
07-29-2009, 10:34 PM
Is this for real? Marco actually has some talent.

blackjack_119
07-29-2009, 10:35 PM
Because when you look at GSW's roster, you had to think that if they were able to add just one more overpaid, overrated veteran SF, this would be their year.

mikedesi1004
07-29-2009, 10:36 PM
nice pick up for the raps

Zefflin
wtf is that ****

lorenz00
wow... BC is working his magic

Zefflin
Raps are the euro team

FaceDown91
raptors pwn the warriors in this deal.

rapswin98
07-29-2009, 10:37 PM
:worthy:BC is a God

Draco
07-29-2009, 10:38 PM
From what I've read on Belinelli he doesnt seem to be any good.

SeoulBeatz
07-29-2009, 10:38 PM
wow, GS got absolutely raped in this deal.

great steal for the raps

Bellineli hasnt done **** yet, but he has tons of potential and as long as he can shoot he'll have use in the NBA.

devean george? really? GS couldnt find anyone better than that?

i honestly didnt know george was still in the league

Ragun
07-29-2009, 10:39 PM
Bc!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ftmfw!

The italian job! Baby! Brags and belinneli!

heyman321
07-29-2009, 10:40 PM
Bryan Colangelo is God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

phoenix_bladen
Strengths and Weakness - Marco Belinelli - What is his game?
What is his strengths and weaknesses?

What does he bring to the table?

Can he defend?

Can he play PG as well?

BlondeBomber41
Yeah, what a terrible trade for GS. Might as well just cut him. At least that would save you the trouble of having to deal with George.

_KB24_
07-29-2009, 10:41 PM
Brian Colangelo is the best best GM in the NBA today. I don't know how he pulls these deals out. I would SERIOUSLY vote for him as Canada's PM, cuz he would "trade" away all our problems.

SensandRaps
07-29-2009, 10:41 PM
BC is a one of the best gms in the league. he just turned george into bellineli who might actually be useful for the raps. BC for GM of the year!:)

MaHaRaJaH
07-29-2009, 10:42 PM
whoo! less black people...

Mile High Champ
Wow BC in you we trust, amazing trade for the raptors. Bargnani and Belinelli have looked great together for Italy this summer, both have been playing really well. Love the fact that we got another great shooter. Great steal for the raptors.

BC is back and kicking ***!

Murphy_Dee
Wow, I don't know how BC pulled this one off. Not like Belinelli is a star or anything, but now we can sign someone other than delfino :D :D

jakesmail123
07-29-2009, 10:43 PM
hahah george!? why would the dubs do that??

another euro for that raptors tho lol

thedfactor
07-29-2009, 10:46 PM
Wow wow wow. WTF is golden state thinking? I assume it was because Marco wanted playing time and wasn't going to get much there. Now in Toronto is should get more action since kapono and parker have left.

damn wish dallas' FO could have used george for bellinelli haha oh well.

WestCoastPhan
07-29-2009, 10:48 PM
horrible!

Sly, you will be missed

still1ballin
07-29-2009, 10:50 PM
doesn't make sense for GS

Mile High Champ
Very one sided deal, will go down as a great trade for the raptors. Belinelli may never become an allstar but he could easily become a good starter with his talent and potential.

Mile High Champ
doesn't make sense for GS

Cutting money maybe, George's contract up after the season is done.

DerekRE_3
07-29-2009, 10:51 PM
Cutting money maybe, George's contract up after the season is done.

Yeah but Marco is on a rookie deal...so he doesn't make that much.

WestCoastPhan
07-29-2009, 10:52 PM
atleast trade him for a pick, dont give him away

Mile High Champ
07-29-2009, 10:56 PM
Yeah but Marco is on a rookie deal...so he doesn't make that much.

Yeah your right, maybe the Warriors just wanted rid of him.. who knows, as a raptor fan, I love this trade..:D

willthethrill22
07-29-2009, 10:59 PM
George's stats are gross

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=0267

he has no place to play on this team. What the hell is wrong with the Warriors management. This move makes zero sense.

GSRaider
07-29-2009, 11:00 PM
WTF?

Raps got a young talent

W's got a veteren who doesn't do much of anything

Draco
07-29-2009, 11:01 PM
Very one sided deal, will go down as a great trade for the raptors. Belinelli may never become an allstar but he could easily become a good starter with his talent and potential.

Easily? How so? From what I've read, Hollinger's thoughts on Marco aren't very encouraging.

AntwanN21
07-29-2009, 11:01 PM
will he start????????

C: Bargnani/Rasho/O'Bryant
PF: Bosh/Evans
SF: Turkoglu/Wright
SG: Belinelli/Derozan/Douby
PG: Calderon/Jack/Ukic

Marcus Banks...................( after the latest trade i can see colangelo being able to move him hopefully)

rapswin98
07-29-2009, 11:04 PM
haha... BC is a theif

heyman321
07-29-2009, 11:05 PM
Easily? How so? From what I've read, Hollinger's thoughts on Marco aren't very encouraging.

John Hollinger is an idiot. He uses made up stats to support his arguments.

WestCoastPhan
07-29-2009, 11:05 PM

A lot of analysts just hate on the warriors. Marco will never be an elite player, but he has plenty of talent to take a roster spot from people on some teams in this league. His shooting ability will keep in the league for years to come. He's got decent handles and passing abilities. He's a very solid/underrated pickup for the raptors.

joeboow90
07-29-2009, 11:06 PM
holy *****. the Raptors jus raped the warriors. devean george shouldnt even be in the nba at this point in his career, hes bum. Marco Bellini is a very young talented player. in nba live 09 hes like a 90 (i know its not the same but still it says somethin)

Draco
07-29-2009, 11:09 PM
A lot of analysts just hate on the warriors. Marco will never be an elite player, but he has plenty of talent to take a roster spot from people on some teams in this league. His shooting ability will keep in the league for years to come. He's got decent handles and passing abilities. He's a very solid/underrated pickup for the raptors.

On the other hand he's regarded as a poor rebounder, a poor defender and has "surprisingly poor shooting percentages throughout his career".

It's not just that Hollinger doesn't think too highly of Marco. I mean.. how often do you get something for nothing? At least the Gasol trade was about salary relief.

Edit: And he hasn't blocked a shot in his NBA career.

Fly_High
07-29-2009, 11:12 PM
WOW look out for the raps. BC is exec of the year.

i am not saying that we will win the finals but compare 2 last year, cmon guys.

clehmun
07-29-2009, 11:13 PM

c'mon you know this is a great trade for the raptors. don't have to always put your negativity on every other team.

even if they both suck, the fact that marco is ALOT younger than george makes this trade a win for the raps.
devean george is considered waivers material by quite a lot of raptor fans. and a few years ago, we targeted marco in the draft, but couldn't take him because warriors got him first. now we traded a waivable player, for an experienced prospect that we wanted to get a few years ago. what we've seen of bellinelli is just someone who has never had the opportunity to play yet. don nelson's rotation may be one of the worst in basketball if you're trying to learn the game, and get some confidence.
i'm not saying bellinelli would be any good. he could be trash, but it's what we gave up to trade for this player. the absolute worse we can do is trading a waivers for another waivers. but bellinelli have the potential to be something in this league.

if the bulls traded linton johnson for bellinelli, you'd be jizzing your pants right now.

North Yorker
07-29-2009, 11:13 PM
On the other hand he's regarded as a poor rebounder, a poor defender and has "surprisingly poor shooting percentages throughout his career".

It's not just that Hollinger doesn't think too highly of Marco. I mean.. how often do you get something for nothing? At least the Gasol trade was about salary relief.

Here's something Hollinger cant argue.
Bellinelli>George

:)

Murphy_Dee
07-29-2009, 11:15 PM

Edit: And he hasn't blocked a shot in his NBA career.

Not sure if george is much better though, his shooting percentages aren't all that great either (39% on his career). If you`ve heard bad things about Belinelli, then I`m sure you`ve heard terrible things about George.

WillisLovechild
07-29-2009, 11:15 PM
Golden State is stupid. George is about as useful as a pineapple at this point in his career.

It seems as though you imply that he had use at any point in his career. Care to elaborate?

Draco
07-29-2009, 11:16 PM
c'mon you know this is a great trade for the raptors. don't have to always put your negativity on every other team.

even if they both suck, the fact that marco is ALOT younger than george makes this trade a win for the raps.
devean george is considered waivers material by quite a lot of raptor fans. and a few years ago, we targeted marco in the draft, but couldn't take him because warriors got him first. now we traded a waivable player, for an experienced prospect that we wanted to get a few years ago. what we've seen of bellinelli is just someone who has never had the opportunity to play yet. don nelson's rotation may be one of the worst in basketball if you're trying to learn the game, and get some confidence.
i'm not saying bellinelli would be any good. he could be trash, but it's what we gave up to trade for this player. the absolute worse we can do is trading a waivers for another waivers. but bellinelli have the potential to be something in this league.

if the bulls traded linton johnson for bellinelli, you'd be jizzing your pants right now.

Honestly I'd rather have the cap space.

Draco
07-29-2009, 11:18 PM
Not sure if george is much better though, his shooting percentages aren't all that great either (39% on his career). If you`ve heard bad things about Belinelli, then I`m sure you`ve heard terrible things about George.

So maybe it's a lateral trade but you wouldn't get the sense of that by reading the majority of posts in the thread. I'm just wondering if Marco is as good as everyone seems to think he is.

dodie53
07-29-2009, 11:23 PM
nice trade for the raps.

i wish BC is still the suns' GM

Mile High Champ
07-29-2009, 11:27 PM
I remember seeing the "Italian Stallion" Marco Belinelli go up against some very good players last year on defense. He did a nice job on Mr. Bryant if I recall. He is for sure an above average defender, he is loaded with potential, what in the hell was george going to do for the raps.. nothing.. what a steal..

ESaady
07-29-2009, 11:30 PM
****ing Idiots. The Warriors are ****. **** this team. Best of Luck to Belinelli I hope he becomes a solid player in Toronto!

cowboyz180
07-29-2009, 11:31 PM
wow steal for the raptors!!! why would GSW make this trade????????????????????

Hellcrooner
07-29-2009, 11:32 PM
Please Please Please go on Bc and trade Bosh for gallinari and milicic and make american fans crazy by getting to the finals with an euroleauge team

Mile High Champ
07-29-2009, 11:33 PM
wow steal for the raptors!!! why would GSW make this trade????????????????????

Alcohol comes to mind, as does other drugs that impair your ability to think Rationaly...

Jays52
07-29-2009, 11:33 PM
So where is he going to play? The 2 or is this a prefix to roko's departure. If you can turn George into this then who knows what roko can provide? B.C. does it again.

Jays Claw
07-29-2009, 11:34 PM
Robbery!

Bryan Colangelo has been a beast this off season.

Mile High Champ
07-29-2009, 11:35 PM
Please Please Please go on Bc and trade Bosh for gallinari and milicic and make american fans crazy by getting to the finals with an euroleauge team

No thanks, I like Bosh just where he is.. Both are great but would much rather have Bosh at this point..

Jays52
07-29-2009, 11:35 PM
Leafs and Raps shakin ******* up!!! Love it!!!

ESaady
07-29-2009, 11:36 PM
I will be rooting for Toronto this year.

DerekRE_3
07-29-2009, 11:37 PM
If only the Raptors weren't so soft, then they may be able to do something with the talent they have.

Jays52
07-29-2009, 11:39 PM
****ing Idiots. The Warriors are ****. **** this team. Best of Luck to Belinelli I hope he becomes a solid player in Toronto!
Indeed. expirings are not going to help this kind of terrible decision making.:clap:

Jays Claw
07-29-2009, 11:39 PM
If only the Raptors weren't so soft, then they may be able to do something with the talent they have.

:eyebrow:

North Yorker
07-29-2009, 11:40 PM
Knick fans watch out.

BC is about to trade the almighty Marcus Banks for the Italian Gallinari so that he can have the Italy big 3.

You have been warned.

Jays52
07-29-2009, 11:41 PM

New Jack city and Evans are going to give Bosh a kick in the ***** and redeam team defence Bosh will show himself again.

Mile High Champ
Knick fans watch out.

BC is about to trade the almighty Marcus Banks for the Italian Gallinari so that he can have the Italy big 3.

You have been warned.

haha Imagine.. nahh I am fine with what we have...:D

J_M_B
Wow, what a steal for the Raptors. They are officially the Euro-Team

Mile High Champ
07-29-2009, 11:43 PM

Reggie Evans should help, as should Jack. Both are physical defenders where they play. DeRozen is no pushover either. I think the team maybe not as tough as some of the other teams in the league but I don't see them as soft anymore..

Jays52
07-29-2009, 11:43 PM

Banks for a bag of pucks that Antropov didn't put in the net will do:p:)

North Yorker
07-29-2009, 11:51 PM

But...but.. it's our destiny:mad:

Durant is hype
07-29-2009, 11:53 PM
Nice trade for Raptors.

BC on a roll!

Tannertucker
07-29-2009, 11:53 PM
will he start????????

C: Bargnani/Rasho/O'Bryant
PF: Bosh/Evans
SF: Turkoglu/Wright
SG: Belinelli/Derozan/Douby
PG: Calderon/Jack/Ukic

Marcus Banks...................( after the latest trade i can see colangelo being able to move him hopefully)

Haha look at this team
Bosh Derozan and Jack better get along very well i think they're the only ones who can speak english..jk

Gibby
07-29-2009, 11:55 PM

are you saying the trade gives caps space?

this year salary

Belinelli $ 1.547 Million
George $ 1.6 Million

If GSW wanted clear salary for next year, why not just not pick up the team option belinelli next year.

So maybe it's a lateral trade but you wouldn't get the sense of that by reading the majority of posts in the thread. I'm just wondering if Marco is as good as everyone seems to think he is.

People may have differrent views on Belinelli but most people would agree on devean. George shooting % are worse than Belinellis'. Judging by George last couple years, it looks his career is winding down. Only thing i am not sure about his d. alot people say Belinelli is bad on D but can explain what George brings on D at this point in his career.

I am not sure only reason people know devean george is because he played with LAL during the championship years.

DaoudS
07-29-2009, 11:57 PM
Draco is just a hater. Let him hate.

OT Thriller
07-29-2009, 11:59 PM
Its an upgrade but is it really going to put the Raptors over the top? Lets not get too crazy. Impressive he turned Deven George into Marco Bellinelli but I dont see it as that big of a move.

Mile High Champ
07-30-2009, 12:00 AM
Its an upgrade but is it really going to put the Raptors over the top? Lets not get too crazy. Impressive he turned Deven George into Marco Bellinelli but I dont see it as that big of a move.

it could be down the road, Marco averaged closed to 9 ppg I think in limited playing time. He is young, can shoot the 3, drive to the basket and plays good defense. This trade easily makes toronto better tan they were 6 hours ago..

North Yorker
07-30-2009, 12:01 AM

He fits in perfectly with our bench. We desperately needed 3pt shooting off the bench and he fits that role.

Jack,Belinelli,Wright,Evans,Rasho is pretty solid for a 2nd string.

DaoudS
07-30-2009, 12:01 AM

It's a solid move for a bench that didn't really have a solid scoring option outside of Jarrett Jack. I certainly think this gives the Raptors one of the deeper benches in the league.

Draco
07-30-2009, 12:03 AM

Daouds just a clueless fanboy.. and here's the proof.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10336851&postcount=13

Mile High Champ
07-30-2009, 12:07 AM

My question is how can you even say a bad thing about this deal from Toronto's side? You can't, its a great move for them..

Draco
07-30-2009, 12:09 AM
My question is how can you even say a bad thing about this deal from Toronto's side? You can't, its a great move for them..

How is attempting to take a good, hard look at Marco a "bad thing"?

DaoudS
07-30-2009, 12:09 AM

Yes....asking Golden State fans for a report on their player deems me clueless. Completely.

Draco
07-30-2009, 12:11 AM
Yes....asking Golden State fans for a report on their player deems me clueless. Completely.

No...suggesting I'm a "hater" because I've questioned Marco's defense, shooting %, inability to block shots, etc.. (based on Hollinger's analysis.. and considering what Tor gave in this trade) when you have no knowledge of Marco tells me that you're a clueless fanboy. Completely.

RaptorsFanatic
07-30-2009, 12:13 AM
Draco never fails to always talk negatively about all other teams, dude stop being a ****ing ******** and appreciate this forum and the fans for once.

:mad:

Draco
07-30-2009, 12:15 AM
Draco never fails to always talk negatively about all other teams, dude stop being a ****ing ******** and appreciate this forum and the fans for once.

:mad:

Recently, I've talked positively about Joe Dumars as well as the Raptors in other threads.. you need to relax.

LanceUpperCut
07-30-2009, 12:17 AM

I hear ya you just have to laugh at though we could trade Banks for Kobe and that guy would find some negative spin on it.

DaoudS
07-30-2009, 12:18 AM
No...suggesting I'm a "hater" because I've questioned Marco's defense, shooting %, inability to block shots, etc.. (based on Hollinger's analysis.. and considering what Tor gave in this trade) when you have no knowledge of Marco tells me that you're a clueless fanboy. Completely.

What did Toronto give in this trade? 14th man on the bench who makes an identical salary to that of Marco B.? His defense, from everything that I've read and seen, is very scrappy. By no means is he a great defender, but he is certainly decent.

Your constant mentions of Bosh to Chicago shows me your infatuation and hopes of failure of Toronto so the Bulls can land a legitimate star. Not to mention your chronic negativity doesn't bode well as a counter argument for me calling you a "hater."

Again, how does me asking about a particular player make me a fanboy? Am I bragging that the Raptors are the greatest franchise the NBA has ever seen? Am I closed minded to any people who refute my posts?

RaptorsFanatic
07-30-2009, 12:19 AM
Recently, I've talked positively about Joe Dumars as well as the Raptors in other threads.. you need to relax.

:cricket: 0.02% of the time?

Everyone give Draco a big round of applause. :clap:

Trouble87
07-30-2009, 12:19 AM
wtf wow.... DAMN DONNIE WALSH!!!!! everyone in the east is getting better

Draco
07-30-2009, 12:20 AM
I hear ya you just have to laugh at though we could trade Banks for Kobe and that guy would find some negative spin on it.

I'd call it negative analysis if anything. It helps provide a better perspective on the trade when the majority of Raptor fans are stuck in group think.

Draco
07-30-2009, 12:26 AM
What did Toronto give in this trade? 14th man on the bench who makes an identical salary to that of Marco B.? His defense, from everything that I've read and seen, is very scrappy. By no means is he a great defender, but he is certainly decent.

Your constant mentions of Bosh to Chicago shows me your infatuation and hopes of failure of Toronto so the Bulls can land a legitimate star. Not to mention your chronic negativity doesn't bode well as a counter argument for me calling you a "hater."

Again, how does me asking about a particular player make me a fanboy? Am I bragging that the Raptors are the greatest franchise the NBA has ever seen? Am I closed minded to any people who refute my posts?

You've lost the direction of the conversation. In response to "Marco can easily be a starter in the NBA with his skill and potential" I questioned how easily it would really be given the criticism that I've read. Since no one in the thread was really talking about Marco as a player.. and more about how much of a God BC was.. I thought I'd share Hollingers thoughts about Marco's defense, low shooting %, inability to block shots, or grab an adequate number of rebounds, or ability to get to the FT line.

Lo and behold.. everyone thinks I'm a hater for quoting analysis that Hollinger came up with. :rolleyes:

xReTro Star 9
07-30-2009, 12:27 AM
I guess the GSW needs some great veterans on their bench...great trade for the GSW! haha

asandhu23
07-30-2009, 12:30 AM
I guess the GSW needs some great veterans on their bench...great trade for the GSW! haha

its horrible :puke:

DaoudS
07-30-2009, 12:32 AM
I'd call it negative analysis if anything. It helps provide a better perspective on the trade when the majority of Raptor fans are stuck in group think.

There is a vast difference in being negative and playing devils advocate. There are better ways to present your argument. Please, enlighten me to what that argument would be.

George wouldn't even dress for the Raptors; a team which needed scoring for the 2nd unit because Wright, Evans and Rasho cannot be relied on to be aggressive on the offensive end. It gives the Raptors a guy who is on a rookie contract for two more years. His defense can be described as "pesky" not to mention that he has a good friendship with Andrea Bargnani.

I don't really see any downside to this deal. People aren't expecting him to be the starting shooting guard. He is going to be nothing more than a shooter of the bench.

A 14th guy for a 8th or 9th guy is a pretty good deal no matter how you spin it.

B.JenningsMVP
07-30-2009, 12:35 AM
dumass larry riley..

29$JerZ
07-30-2009, 12:39 AM
I feel bad for Golden State fans, you had good team that was fun to watch and bad management is really messing it up.

asandhu23
07-30-2009, 12:41 AM
:pity:

B.JenningsMVP
07-30-2009, 12:46 AM
He's gonna fit nice in TOR tho

BkOriginalOne
07-30-2009, 12:46 AM
The Raptors are having great offseason.

Draco
07-30-2009, 12:47 AM

You've lost the direction of the conversation. In response to "Marco can easily be a starter in the NBA with his skill and potential" I questioned how easily it would really be given the criticism that I've read. Since no one in the thread was really talking about Marco as a player.. and more about how much of a God BC was.. I thought I'd share Hollingers thoughts about Marco's defense, low shooting %, inability to block shots, or grab an adequate number of rebounds, or ability to get to the FT line.

Lo and behold.. everyone thinks I'm a hater for quoting analysis that Hollinger came up with. :rolleyes:

If you'd rather just read more of the same.. "BC is God" "Tor raped GS".. might as well just use the ignore function on PSD to screen out my posts.

Draco
07-30-2009, 12:50 AM
The Raptors are having great offseason.

Yeah, maybe they are. Simmons thinks they're overspending, handicapping their future and trying desperately to make the team good now in order to keep Bosh...

Which is the subject for a thread in the Raptors forum so it'd be kinda hypocritical for anyone to call me a hater for bringing that up. :p

Boston Faithful
07-30-2009, 01:25 AM
One of the worst trades I've seen in a long time.

Makes me wonder why the Celtics didn't trade Scalabrine for him.

#1Mavericksfan
07-30-2009, 01:50 AM
This is not gonna be Devean George's last stop....he's goona get traded again and again.

Beno7500
07-30-2009, 02:09 AM
Great Job GSW!

djeller1139
07-30-2009, 02:22 AM
Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

djeller1139
07-30-2009, 02:28 AM

Unfortunately, I couldn't agree more.

magikmc
07-30-2009, 02:54 AM
awesome move by BC... so much for needing delfino.... As far as GS view on the trade, lets not rush to judgement TOO quickly. Maybe GSW have a plan to package Georges expiring contract to another team.

Obvioulsy toronto got a great deal out of it, but GSW may still be able to do something.

CurryisCheddd
07-30-2009, 02:54 AM
WTF ? First off, Everyone in this forum is making it look like Belenlli is Ginobli.
2nd:The dude got alot of upside.
3rd:WTF ARE THE WARRIORS THINKING OF EVEN GETTING DEVON GEORGE!>=(
4TH:Warriors have horrible mangment, nellie is always drunk!lmao
5th:If we go into the season with this roster , it would be a wreck
6th:Warriors management better get some great player, i mean look at this

we lose:Marco, Jamal, Maybe CJ
We receive:Acie Law, Speedy Claxton, Devon George!LMAO. THIS IS TO ******* HILARIOUS!(we could get better players outta jamal and belli!)

Just kinda mad cause we could of got someon better outa belli!

Im praying for us to get one great player.lmao

asandhu23
07-30-2009, 02:58 AM

now now don't insult the pineapple now. :no: :no: :no: :no:

CurryisCheddd
07-30-2009, 03:03 AM
^lmfao

Chronz
07-30-2009, 03:20 AM
No brainer here, I traded Marco and Bargs to the Knicks in my Dynasty, looks like Coangelo plays the same kind of game.

zambo4president
07-30-2009, 03:24 AM
Raps pick up a pure shooter.

Giants-49ers-Ws
07-30-2009, 03:28 AM
****ing larry riley..WTF

Beno7500
07-30-2009, 03:31 AM
Larry Riley is bad

azkarraga
07-30-2009, 03:36 AM

Dont get ir. Bellinelli's not that good to deserve so many posts. My feeling is that after last years season, Toronto fans just need news, any news. Whatever they can get to feel a bit better about their franchise. IMO all this it's not about how good they can be this year, it's about how bad they were last year.

azkarraga
07-30-2009, 03:37 AM
the upside, we wont see delfino again

Kianwe
07-30-2009, 03:53 AM

Hmmmmm....for someone who just took Hollinger's word on a player, you seem to be pretty down on this trade. Or do you have any other collaborating evidence other than some complex-stats-based formula placed on a player who didn't get much playing time in a system that didn't suit his game for a coach who didn't like him? I don't know, maybe you did see a lot more of his games than I did (granted, I haven't seen many) and you have a better grasp of the situation than the GS and Raps fans. Could you elaborate some more and give some better reasons why you think this trade was lateral at best?

ESaady
07-30-2009, 04:39 AM
:drunk: and :puke:...Warriors do it best!

mcgswfan
07-30-2009, 05:27 AM
OK GSW devoted fan here. You all wanted the rundown on Belinelli, here it is. First off let me just say that yes, this trade is a steal for the Raptors so props to your front office for pulling it off.

Unfortunately, Marco is not all that he was cracked out to be when he was drafted. I've followed him since he got here and yes injuries have slowed him down over his first 2 years in the league, which is understandable and we all know that Nelly doesn't play rookies unless he has absolutely no choice, kind of like Randolph last season, he only got the PT he did by default. So Belinelli could still get better and might even have been better already if he wasn't playing for Nelly.

However (this is the bad stuff), He is more of a streaky shooter than a pure shooter and he misses a hell of a lot more shots then the stats show, I've personally ripped my hair out watching him miss shots from the field AND the free throw line. If he was such a terrific shooter then free throws should be automatic and unfortunately they just aren't (maybe his limited PT had an affect here, but if he was so damn good at shooting, it really shouldn't phase his ability to make shots from the charity stripe). Anyone that thinks he is equipped with a deadeye jumper are severely misinformed. Now he CAN get hot and drill several shots in a row but it doesn't happen as much as it should for him to be considered in the same league as someone like Ray Allen. He is terrible defensively although he did improve last year and I can see that continuing in his future, so good for him. He makes some really dumb passing decisions and causes a lot of turnovers and that will only increase as his PT increases. He plays with a high risk, high reward mentality and is capable of some crazy plays but don't expect to see it game in and game out.

So there is your basic breakdown of Belinelli's game. I hope it clears some things up about him.

S-Dot
07-30-2009, 07:29 AM
Good trade BC; he is a good GM

Raptor Analyst
07-30-2009, 10:16 AM
BC is good. Hower not god.

Sly Guy
07-30-2009, 10:23 AM
don't know how you can talk any GM into this trade. But it's awesome for my side, so I'll take it and run, thanks.

asandhu23
07-30-2009, 10:51 AM
don't know how you can talk any GM into this trade. But it's awesome for my side, so I'll take it and run, thanks.

yes. fly like butterfly, rocky, sting like a bee.

Kakaroach
07-30-2009, 10:58 AM
Good trade for the Raptors and for GS it was a salary dump. I still think Marco can improve a lot the kid is only 23. George saves GS money and the Raptors get even more international. I think they have a record for the most ever international players on a single team.

Sports Illustrator
07-30-2009, 11:00 AM
Hopefully he can be the player that most people think he will be, now that he is given the chance to prove himself in Toronto. I imagine he will be filling in some minutes at Shooting Guard for the lost of Anthony Parker.

Jays Claw
07-30-2009, 11:12 AM
Marco Belinelli can easily emerge as a seventh or eighth rotation guy for the Toronto Raptors.

S-Dot
07-30-2009, 11:14 AM
Marco Belinelli can easily emerge as a seventh or eighth rotation guy for the Toronto Raptors.

If he plays up to his potential, he will be no further than Jarrett Jack off the bench, 7th guy IMO.

Jays Claw
07-30-2009, 11:29 AM
If he plays up to his potential, he will be no further than Jarrett Jack off the bench, 7th guy IMO.

I completely agree with you.

Marco Belinelli has the potential to be a very good role player.

JWO35
07-30-2009, 11:44 AM
WOW! I'm seeing rip off trades left and right.... :pity:

pd7631
07-30-2009, 11:46 AM
Why Golden State?..................why?

jimbobjarree
07-30-2009, 11:48 AM
Marco Bellinelli wears skates when he plays though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GorZGZK63PU

Tannertucker
07-30-2009, 01:49 PM
Word out of TSN is that Toronto Sent George AND 1.6million (Exact cost of his salary) for Bellini
So yes it was a salary dump by GS

Hellcrooner
07-30-2009, 01:56 PM
he can start.

Hellcrooner
07-30-2009, 01:58 PM
so any way that they get gallinari too so they change the franchise name to the Toronto goodfellas?

taco917
07-30-2009, 02:05 PM
Colangelo for exec of the year

theuuord
07-30-2009, 04:20 PM
he misses a hell of a lot more shots then the stats show,

how is that possible?

jbadd
07-30-2009, 04:28 PM
George will see little to no playing time in Gstate. The raptors threw in 1.5mil to cover most of George's salary this year. Gstate did this move primarily to clear the 7 guard glut and give Anthony Morrow more playing time without taking on any extra contract years.

CityofTreez
07-30-2009, 04:30 PM

HaHa!That's saying alot man, I was thinking of an unripe kumquat found at the local farmer's market!

More and more I'm starting to hate this Warriors GM day after day!

GSW fan
07-30-2009, 04:34 PM
buyout?

Nice for the raps.

MaHaRaJaH
07-30-2009, 04:37 PM
so any way that they get gallinari too so they change the franchise name to the Toronto goodfellas?

Ha Ha and our logo can be the Godfather string puppet.

theuuord
07-30-2009, 04:39 PM
Ha Ha and our logo can be the Godfather string puppet.

Colangelo made him an offer he couldn't refuse...

GodsSon
07-30-2009, 07:59 PM
Marco Bellinelli wears skates when he plays though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GorZGZK63PU

to his credit though he didnt fall down, and stayed in front of Deron pretty well

Go Dodgers!
07-30-2009, 08:13 PM
Good move for the Raptors..

Anthony Flores
07-30-2009, 08:25 PM
GSW got raped. Marco is 9 points 3 Rbs 3 Asists 1 steal in 25 mins.

Anthony Flores
07-30-2009, 08:27 PM
how is that possible?

haha practice I guess, he's just trying to see the good side of the trade no way he says that yesterday.

jimbobjarree
07-30-2009, 09:17 PM
to his credit though he didnt fall down, and stayed in front of Deron pretty well

lol yah I thought he actually did a decent job there

Giants27
07-30-2009, 09:19 PM
HAHAHA.. Wow GS is stupid.