PDA

View Full Version : best player to never play in the NBA?

tezza90
07-29-2009, 09:47 PM
Just wondering your thoughts on the best college/international player to never make the NBA? Should make some interesting reading if you could give stats etc and why they didn't or should have that would be great.

MAC10TIZZY
07-29-2009, 10:17 PM
mac10tizzy!!!!!!!

MagicAllDay
07-30-2009, 12:22 AM
this kid named ben i saw play once. who cares. if they didnt make the nba they arent good. at least college players that are good and bust make the nba. stupid thread

MajorFloridaFan
07-30-2009, 01:27 AM
horrible thread

MajorFloridaFan
07-30-2009, 01:28 AM
stay a recruit lol

*Superman*
07-30-2009, 02:33 AM
Uggh, another non worthy thread...

tezza90
07-30-2009, 03:37 PM
Sorry guys for waisting everyone's time but with CLEARLY the lack of decent threads on this whole Orlando forum thought id throw one from left field out there. Perhaps my next thread can be like those other great trade and free agent threads with ridiculous ideas like lets trade JJ for Lebron or how about A.Johnson for for Chris Paul they can only possibly be made on playstation or Xbox....... Again sorry for waisting peoples time I'm taking my bat and ball and going home now lol.

MajorFloridaFan
07-30-2009, 04:59 PM
WOOO man this is a family in here we got good threads,most things we discuss in here happen or have a chance of it happening..i dont think anyone has said jj for lebron or Aj for chris Paul take ur bat and ball and dip out of this basketball forum....leave ur sneakers homie
Most far fetched things on here are getting boozer and bosh....which is a far distinct possibilty if you knew the magic teams flexibility

BoSawx22
07-30-2009, 08:53 PM
Lack of decent threads? Ouch man, the off-topic thread is pretty bangin' if you ask me haha, and there's not a whole lot of news going on right now since the roster is shaping up.

ManRam
07-30-2009, 09:20 PM
There's not much to talk about. It's the off-season...we've spent all the money we can spend. We only have 2 or 3 roster spots to fill, and they'll be with summer leaguers or vets. Only so much you can talk about right now...and the best players never to make the NBA isn't one of them...if anything, try it in the main NBA forum.

*Superman*
07-30-2009, 11:49 PM
Golden words, Main NBA Forum.

MagicDojo
08-03-2009, 01:36 PM
Sorry guys for waisting everyone's time but with CLEARLY the lack of decent threads on this whole Orlando forum thought id throw one from left field out there. Perhaps my next thread can be like those other great trade and free agent threads with ridiculous ideas like lets trade JJ for Lebron or how about A.Johnson for for Chris Paul they can only possibly be made on playstation or Xbox....... Again sorry for waisting peoples time I'm taking my bat and ball and going home now lol.

Ahh dont let it get you down. Nice try anyway. Its more than some ppl will do. Welcome to the forums. Post whatever you think is interesting. Its a free country. If ppl do not find it compelling then they will not respond. No Biggie.

MajorFloridaFan
08-03-2009, 10:22 PM
Ahh dont let it get you down. Nice try anyway. Its more than some ppl will do. Welcome to the forums. Post whatever you think is interesting. Its a free country. If ppl do not find it compelling then they will not respond. No Biggie.

There is always a few good men lol

BoSawx22
08-03-2009, 10:23 PM
G-mac!

MagicDojo
08-04-2009, 11:22 AM
There is always a few good men lol

Takes one to know one!

ManRam
08-04-2009, 11:54 AM
G-mac!

Most overrated college basketball player of ALL TIME. Dude shot 37% from the field for his career...only 35% from college three. A 2-1 assist to TO ratio for a PG is bad.

The best answer is Len Bias though.

Or...

http://www.onecondoms.com/escalade/index.htm (sorry for the condoms...the only "pic" I could find of him...haha...)

BoSawx22
08-04-2009, 01:24 PM
Most overrated college basketball player of ALL TIME. Dude shot 37% from the field for his career...only 35% from college three. A 2-1 assist to TO ratio for a PG is bad.

Or...

http://www.onecondoms.com/escalade/index.htm (sorry for the condoms...the only "pic" I could find of him...haha...)

I know I know, I just had to say G-Mac's name though...I live about an hr and 1/2 from Syracuse and so many people I know are huge Cuse fans. I also root for the team, but I know that G-Mac wasn't all that he was cracked up to be. I figured that saying his name would get someone to comment and say how he was overrated haha.

And that link to Escalade is too much haha..."Big Man. Big Condom." At least Escalade is intent on practicing "responsible sexual behavior."

*Superman*
08-04-2009, 05:01 PM
Fran Vasquez lmao.

ManRam
08-04-2009, 05:05 PM
I know I know, I just had to say G-Mac's name though...I live about an hr and 1/2 from Syracuse and so many people I know are huge Cuse fans. I also root for the team, but I know that G-Mac wasn't all that he was cracked up to be. I figured that saying his name would get someone to comment and say how he was overrated haha.

And that link to Escalade is too much haha..."Big Man. Big Condom." At least Escalade is intent on practicing "responsible sexual behavior."

Where in NY are you from? I went to high school about an hour south of Syracuse (Ithaca)...and hated Syracuse.

BoSawx22
08-04-2009, 05:40 PM
Where in NY are you from? I went to high school about an hour south of Syracuse (Ithaca)...and hated Syracuse.

I'm from Rochester

BucinOrlando
08-04-2009, 11:02 PM
Fran Vasquez lmao.
:clap:
Unfortunately, I'm right there with you, buddy!

MajorFloridaFan
08-05-2009, 03:44 PM
Fran vasquez and this cat Chris i know

JKiddFan4Life
08-05-2009, 05:01 PM
Takes one to know one!
Off topic and pretty random, but freakin' awesome sig!! I couldn't help but sit there and watch it over and over again. I'd like to get one of the Mavs center (I don't know if you know him, he goes by the name of Erica Dampier) but most people would probably mistake it for a still photo sig.

DitchDat
08-05-2009, 05:30 PM
Earl Manigault

I think Abdul-Jabbar played him once, and he said it was one of the toughest guys he played.

MajorFloridaFan
08-06-2009, 02:21 AM
Marcus Hatton
Ronnie Fields
Khalid El-Amin
Joe Forte
Matean Cleaves
Ed Cota

MajorFloridaFan
08-06-2009, 02:23 AM
PG-David Wesley (1992)
SG-Raja Bell (1999)
SF-Bruce Bowen (1993)
PF-Ben Wallace (1996)
C-Brad Miller (1998)
Best players to never get drafted but played in the NBA

dhalvarez
08-06-2009, 01:21 PM
Just wondering your thoughts on the best college/international player to never make the NBA? Should make some interesting reading if you could give stats etc and why they didn't or should have that would be great.

Was Arenas drafted??

Silent
08-06-2009, 01:43 PM
Marcus Hatton
Ronnie Fields
Khalid El-Amin
Joe Forte
Matean Cleaves
Ed Cota

:clap:

MagicDojo
08-10-2009, 01:42 PM
Off topic and pretty random, but freakin' awesome sig!! I couldn't help but sit there and watch it over and over again. I'd like to get one of the Mavs center (I don't know if you know him, he goes by the name of Erica Dampier) but most people would probably mistake it for a still photo sig.

Thanks man but I cannot take the credit for it. A guy here on PSD made it for me. His handle is Deeman. He might make you a Dallas one if you ask him to.
I do watch it over and over also though he he.

Campy
08-10-2009, 10:04 PM
Desmond Allison! Dude was sick, but loved to make horrible decisions. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnkjrSpHi7I

Double_R
08-11-2009, 02:15 PM
I can't believe that nobody has talked about "The Hook", only the guy that every NBA player considers the best street baller of all time

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demetrius_%22Hook%22_Mitchell

Just listen to some Gary Payton talk about the Hook
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEwnZ-Yxw4U

MajorFloridaFan
08-12-2009, 02:20 AM
what mind of street baller you talking about.....Skip to my lou streetballer or playground baller

joechoe
08-12-2009, 04:27 AM
Best players right now that might play in the NBA/potentially may never:
Tiago Splitter
Ricky Rubio

Arvydas Sabonis did play in the NBA, but after he was over the hill. A lot of guys say that if he came when he was younger, he would've been an all-star.

Len Bias is definitely up there.

PennyMy#1
08-12-2009, 05:50 AM

Totally OT but, wasn't there a movie with Tom Green in Ithaca ?

MagicDojo
08-12-2009, 10:53 AM
Earl "the goat" Manigault: Harlem Street baller that died from heroin addiction, Kareem Abdul Jabbar is quoted as calling him the best player ever.

http://basketball.suite101.com/article.cfm/earl_quotthe_goatquot_manigaults_story

"Manigault was particularly famous for his leaping abilities on the basketball court, including his signature move - the double dunk. He would dunk the ball and catch it with the other hand while still in the air and dunk it again. Like other street basketballers of the day such as Jackie Jackson, Earl was reportedly able to touch the top of the backboard to retrieve quarters and dollar bills, part of "elaborate innovations and tricks" elite street players of the era performed before games to help build their reputations.[2] He was only 6'1", but wore ankle weights constantly during practice as a child which helped him to build up tremendous jumping ability. He once dunked two-handed during a game from near the foul line over two players much taller than himself (Vaughn Harper 6'6", Val Reed 6'8").[2] He once reverse dunked 36 times in a row to win a $60 bet.[3]

But to prove dunking wasn't his only skill, he would practice hundreds of shots each day, making him a deadly long-range shooter as well. Manigault played with some of the best players of his day, such as Earl Monroe, Connie Hawkins, and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, who went as far as calling Manigault the greatest player he had ever seen. When Abdul-Jabbar finished his career with the Los Angeles Lakers and had his number retired at the Los Angeles Forum, he was asked who was the greatest player he had played with or against. After a long silence, he answered, "That would have to be "The Goat",".[cite this quote]"

*Superman*
08-12-2009, 02:23 PM
Desmond Allison! Dude was sick, but loved to make horrible decisions. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnkjrSpHi7I

Come on, 2nd dude to steal my sig.:(

BoSawx22
08-12-2009, 02:27 PM
Totally OT but, wasn't there a movie with Tom Green in Ithaca ?

Road Trip, great movie! But I think it wasn't actually AT Ithaca, they just used the school's name...I could be wrong though.

*Superman*
08-12-2009, 02:30 PM

Not as much of a fail as you thought lol:)

PennyMy#1
08-13-2009, 05:19 AM
Road Trip, great movie! But I think it wasn't actually AT Ithaca, they just used the school's name...I could be wrong though.

:clap: Yeah right ! Had some decent boobs in it I start to remember :p

BTT: I think "Hook", Manigault and Splitter are already very good calls. But, I'd give my countryman (ger) Ademola Okulaja a call, too. Played 1995-1999 for North Carolina. He looked like our second great talent after Dirk. He was selected "First team of ACC". In 2000 he sigend (undrafted) with the 76ers but they didn't gave him ANY playing time. He left during the season to Girona/Spain and became ROY and second in MVP voting. Again he tried the NBA, but it failed, at the Spurs. He got back to Spain and played great even though several injuries always threw him back in his career before his last try failed in Utah 2003 to make his NBA-dream come true. Three NBA teams, not a single second of playing time. Injuries, and being a star player for Germany and in Spain.

Okulaja was always the 2nd most important guy behind Dirk for Germany, but injuries plagued his NBA chances. Recently, he is recovering from cancer and plans his comeback for the next season ...

slaker619
08-14-2009, 07:17 PM
Sun Ming Ming

BoSawx22
08-14-2009, 07:40 PM
^^^ I've heard of him before, isn't he like 7' 7" or something like that?

MajorFloridaFan
08-15-2009, 02:30 PM
^^^ He is probably soft like all those other big asains

Hawkeye15
08-15-2009, 02:51 PM
Earl Manigault. NY city playground legend who routinely pounded NBA players that showed up, but couldn't get keep out of trouble or off drugs. Kareem called him the best player he has ever seen

HiphopRelated
08-15-2009, 02:55 PM
Len bias

Sports Illustrator
08-15-2009, 02:56 PM
Earl Manigault. NY city playground legend who routinely pounded NBA players that showed up, but couldn't get keep out of trouble or off drugs. Kareem called him the best player he has ever seen

Yea he's great.

Another NYC playground legend is Corey "homicide" Williams. I can't believe he got cut by the Raptors. He definitely deserves to be in the NBA. Just ask Ron Artest and he'll tell you all about him. It's just a damn shame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFVDnt4nzfA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTG6Eph_3Bc

DetroitRipCity
08-15-2009, 03:11 PM
Me im the best player to never play in the NBA

DrDEADalready
08-15-2009, 03:17 PM
Without a doubt. DrDEADalready.

SA5195
08-15-2009, 03:18 PM
Me! lol jk.

disk 8
08-15-2009, 03:24 PM
harlem globetrotters are pretty sweet!

mrblisterdundee
08-15-2009, 05:56 PM
Raymond Lewis:

He scored 65 points on the Los Angeles Lakers in an exhibition game when he was in high school back in the 70's, and playing against once-defensive player of the year Michael Cooper. He averages at least 30 points per game for three seasons at Cal Tech. After being drafted by the 76'ers, he scored 60 points in a half on fellow dreaftee Doug Collins. He was blackballed from the NBA by a bunch of racist owners who wanted to pay less-talented white athletes (Doug Collins) more money.

PurpleJesus
08-15-2009, 06:08 PM
Jesus Shuttlesworth

theuuord
08-15-2009, 06:10 PM

bam.

BALLER71
08-15-2009, 06:11 PM
Since you guys are all being ****, I'll answer the thread.
Oscar Schmidt, he is the all-time best scorer with 49,703 points and he is in the basketball hall of fame. To bad most of you don't know who he was but he helped Brazil beat the US olympic team.

jimbobjarree
08-15-2009, 06:25 PM
Kenny George!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFelgYrRIkI

dimedrpr
08-15-2009, 06:50 PM
Oscar Schmidt, he is the all-time best scorer with 49,703 points and he is in the basketball hall of fame. To bad most of you don't know who he was but he helped Brazil beat the US olympic team.

Oscar Schmidt was a baller. Saw him a few times in international play and he and Sabonis should have been NBA stars for years.

rabzouz 96
08-15-2009, 07:01 PM
Marcus Hatton
Ronnie Fields
Khalid El-Amin
Joe Forte
Matean Cleaves
Ed Cota

khalid el amin and mateen cleaves both made the nba for short periods of time...

EastCoastBaller
08-15-2009, 07:09 PM
This thread makes no sense.

Run&Gun
08-15-2009, 07:13 PM
Len Bias

Bishnoff
08-15-2009, 07:40 PM
Len Bias

rabzouz 96
08-15-2009, 07:41 PM

still prefer manigault.

Go_NUGGETS
08-15-2009, 07:57 PM
Earl "The Goat" Manigault was the best player never to play in the NBA!!!

DCSportsIsPain
08-15-2009, 08:05 PM
Len Bias

Sports Illustrator
08-15-2009, 09:22 PM
Jordan Crawford.

Hellcrooner
08-15-2009, 09:27 PM
the best euros or americans in euro never to play in Nba.
c: Dino Meneghin

Pf: Aude Norris

sf: Juan Antonio San Epifanio.

Sg: Velimir Perasovic

PG: Dejan Bodiroga

lakers4sho
08-15-2009, 10:20 PM
Len Bias

Raph12
08-15-2009, 10:23 PM
RICKY RUBIO! lol