PDA

View Full Version : did nash make the right choice staying in phoenix?

spurs4#5
07-29-2009, 09:00 PM
i read alot from fans about how nash messed up by signing the extension with the suns and im really confused as to where yall thought he would fit in better with the money he demands and style of play he likes? also why would he give up playing with amare?

GoatMilk
07-29-2009, 09:07 PM
he and grant hill signed there because of the training staff.

dudeonthemoon
07-29-2009, 09:17 PM
if he doesnt want a ring then yes

Bashna
07-29-2009, 09:19 PM

I believe thats speculation unless you've got some proof? He said in his confrence that he enjoys the system, the people, and that he'd rather be with people like that than be on a winning team and not have those things. Regardless, the suns are looking like the sleepers (I know this is off-topic) but i wouldn't doubt them in getting a 4-7 spot, and i think Nash realizes that with Shaq being gone, Gentry staying, Amare being more or less taken off the trade block. I think its definitely smart aswell, nowhere else would he have gottent his money that he deserves, this off-season is a very low-paying off season and not many contenders need a Vet starting PG for 9-12mill, he would've had to take the MLE and go elsewhere for a ring.

spurs4#5
07-29-2009, 09:27 PM
I believe thats speculation unless you've got some proof? He said in his confrence that he enjoys the system, the people, and that he'd rather be with people like that than be on a winning team and not have those things. Regardless, the suns are looking like the sleepers (I know this is off-topic) but i wouldn't doubt them in getting a 4-7 spot, and i think Nash realizes that with Shaq being gone, Gentry staying, Amare being more or less taken off the trade block. I think its definitely smart aswell, nowhere else would he have gottent his money that he deserves, this off-season is a very low-paying off season and not many contenders need a Vet starting PG for 9-12mill, he would've had to take the MLE and go elsewhere for a ring.

you're a 100% correct my friend....i think he would of been stupid to go else where...if you look at their roster their team is pretty good...i make them out to being no lower than the 5 seed

superkegger
07-29-2009, 09:28 PM
I'm sure the community, staff, area and all that stuff are great. But unless he's traded, or something miraculous happens, he pretty much just gave up his shot at a ring for more money.
He probably wouldn't fit any other team anywhere else except maybe New York, any better than he fits in phoenix, but he's not going to win a ring there. And at 35, he just shut the door on getting that elusive ring.

king4day
07-29-2009, 09:29 PM
If he was hell bent on a ring, I would have said no.

His best option would have been Portland. With Miller there and Nash in Phoenix, there's no place, not even NY, that would make sense for him to go to try and win a ring.

If he went to a team like Boston, or LA, he would have been coming off the bench and if there are 5 elite teams in the league right now, then he'd likely have only a 20% chance to win a title.

I don't blame him for staying in Phoenix where he knows what he's getting himself into and the only place the team can go (barring injury) is up.

superkegger
07-29-2009, 09:30 PM
you're a 100% correct my friend....i think he would of been stupid to go else where...if you look at their roster their team is pretty good...i make them out to being no lower than the 5 seed

they get nothing in return for shaq, don't really improve at all from last season, a season where they missed the playoffs, and yet you're calling the 5 seed for them.... I know Amare will be healthy, but still, they're just simply not that good anymore.

spurs4#5
07-29-2009, 09:31 PM
I'm sure the community, staff, area and all that stuff are great. But unless he's traded, or something miraculous happens, he pretty much just gave up his shot at a ring for more money.
He probably wouldn't fit any other team anywhere else except maybe New York, any better than he fits in phoenix, but he's not going to win a ring there. And at 35, he just shut the door on getting that elusive ring.

i think the staff had a big part of him signing the extension also just because they say they have the best fitness staff there and players who go there add years to their careers....i dont think nash's chances of winning a title isnt over

Lakers4ItAll
07-29-2009, 09:31 PM
I'm glad a player actually stayed with his team instead of going to somewhere else. I wish more players did this

Kakaroach
07-29-2009, 09:32 PM
No of course he didn't.

spurs4#5
07-29-2009, 09:42 PM
they get nothing in return for shaq, don't really improve at all from last season, a season where they missed the playoffs, and yet you're calling the 5 seed for them.... I know Amare will be healthy, but still, they're just simply not that good anymore.

i can for sure see where your coming from......but just take a look at it from my point of view when gentry took over they went 31 and 18 without amare and with shaq slowing them down....so doesnt all reasoning point to them being even better with a coach who knows the system and everybody trust has amare back 100% healthy and still have nash, barbosa, hill and richardson...if they can stay healthy i for sure see them gettting a good spot in the west

CowboysKB24
07-29-2009, 09:42 PM
No. Nash is not what he used to be and I guess he just wanted to finish his career in PHX.

dodie53
07-29-2009, 11:20 PM
nash is loyal

Duncan = Donkey
07-30-2009, 12:02 AM

i hate hearing comments like this one,
shaq made phoenix a worse team. he couldnt defend the pick n roll at all, he was too slow. he clogged the lane which made nash and amare very ineffective. he demanded the ball too much on offense which slowed down the tempo too much. he just simpley made phoenix ineffective and made them look old and slow.

with the addition of frye he is at least quick enough to defend the P'n'Roll more effective than shaq will be able too. and he has a jumper with range thus allowing him to play outside the post, this will allow the lanes to be open for nash/amare.

i know phoenix wont win the title, i know they wont make the WCF, bit im very confident they will be better than last year and im very confident they will make the playoffs.

jakesmail123
07-30-2009, 12:05 AM

thats a good call.
they have one of the best training staffs in the league

Superstar21
07-30-2009, 09:16 PM
I don't think he made the right choice of stayin in phoenix but i admire his loyalty. He still believes in his teamates but im certain does not have a hope at all in the front office!

trading draft picks like Rondo, Nate Robinson, Luol Deng & Rudy Fernandez have been all missed opertunities! if you look at those players now they have showed sucess!

but the biggest mistake of all is Joe Johnson leaving! they should have just payed him the money!, look at this guy now he's one of the top SG's in the league!

Bausman
07-30-2009, 10:44 PM
I don't think he made the right choice of stayin in phoenix but i admire his loyalty. He still believes in his teamates but im certain does not have a hope at all in the front office!

trading draft picks like Rondo, Nate Robinson, Luol Deng & Rudy Fernandez have been all missed opertunities! if you look at those players now they have showed sucess!

but the biggest mistake of all is Joe Johnson leaving! they should have just payed him the money!, look at this guy now he's one of the top SG's in the league!

Salary cap.

They were in 'win now' mode and had too many finacial problems to keep all those guys around. It shows they had good scouting at least.

I think Pheonix was already close to the luxury tax threash hold when the Joe Johnson situation happened. And he wanted to go somewhere else so he could be the number one option.

Jeff559
07-30-2009, 11:03 PM
Depends on his priorities. If cash is his priority then he did the right thing. If he wants a shot at a ring then he shot himself in the foot

Kobe2324
07-30-2009, 11:10 PM
Big mistake by nash, this would have been the time for him to go to a contender and have a few years with a good chance of winning. Instead he signs with a team that I am not to sure could even make the playoffs in the tough western conference.At this point i dont think any team in the west has a chance of beating the lakers or the spurs. I dont even think the spurs can contend against the lakers. So as far as Nash goes he would have had a better chance heading to a contender in the east.

Duncan = Donkey
07-30-2009, 11:19 PM
he just wanted to stay in phoenix and play in an umtempo system.

im glad he didnt hop on the someones bandwagon for the MLE.

SidTheKid87
07-30-2009, 11:37 PM
Nash did this out of loyalty which most nba players forget and chase the money. he loves phoenix and they love him back...a loyal move by nash.

yianni_19
07-30-2009, 11:41 PM
i feel real bad for nash because hes such a great player and he definetly deserves a ring.
I have to agree that i dont think phoenix will be in contension for a title in the next 2 years that nash is here but nash made his decision and im suree he thought it out real good and if he wants to stay than he wants to stay.

Go Raps Go!

OA SLAY
07-31-2009, 07:36 AM
Only If The Right Choice is WRONG!

OA SLAY
07-31-2009, 07:38 AM
:cry:
i feel real bad for nash because hes such a great player and he definetly deserves a ring.
I have to agree that i dont think phoenix will be in contension for a title in the next 2 years that nash is here but nash made his decision and im suree he thought it out real good and if he wants to stay than he wants to stay.

Go Raps Go!

:cry:Rotf.....lmfao:cry:

S-Dot
07-31-2009, 07:52 AM
If he loves the team and loves the city, I don't see anything wrong with his choice. Plus, the money is good. He is a loyal guy IMO.