PDA

View Full Version : Ranking the Eastern Conference

mitch91
07-29-2009, 05:49 PM
im sure everyone has already read this and if there is already a thread then i do apologize but i just wanted to see peoples thoughts on these rankings

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=13462

i think that the top 7, maybe not the bulls, are vurtual locks to make the playoffs next year barring any huge injury.

i agree that the pacers have a shot but i didnt realize that they would have to be infront of so many good teams! and also the bobcats i felt had an outside shot though they to would have to get past so many good teams! i wont say to much about the article you can read for yourselfs

so what are your thoughts and maybe your own rankings?

YES I KNOW FA ISNT OVER, BUT THIS IS MORE TO SEE WHAT POEPLE THINK ABOUT THESE RANKINGS, IF THEY WANT TO THROW THEIR OWN RANKINGS IN THERE THEN SO BE IT.

jimbobjarree
07-29-2009, 06:18 PM
Wiz should be higher, and Bulls lower. Bulls lose Gordon, I doubt they go up 4 seeds. They'll improve with Rose, Tyrus and Noah developing and Deng back, but I doubt they jump to 4th.

b_rad23
07-29-2009, 06:19 PM
Bulls too high wiz too low as jimbob said.

Jays Claw
07-29-2009, 06:36 PM
The Chicago Bulls are too high and the Washington Wizards are too low.

nbaguy123
07-29-2009, 07:13 PM
switch the heat and the bulls and thats just about right, oh and take out the pacers and put in wizards, pistons or sixers

mitch91
07-29-2009, 07:14 PM
seems like yous all seem to think that the sixers wont make it. they did give orl a run for their money las year, is miller that big of a loss?

lorenz00
07-29-2009, 07:18 PM
bs ranking it should be cavs,celtics,magics,atlanta,raptors,heat,wiz,bulls

Macedonian
07-29-2009, 07:24 PM
1. Cleveland Cavaliers
2. Orlando Magic
3. Boston Celtics
4. Chicago Bulls
5. Atlanta Hawks
6. Miami Heat
7. Toronto Raptors
8. Indiana Pacers
-----------------------
9. Detroit Pistons
10. Washington Wizards
11. Charlotte Bobcats
12. Philadelphia 76ers
13. Milwaukee Bucks
14. New Jersey Nets
15. New York Knicks

I'm surprised the Pistons are out of the first 8!

JWO35
07-29-2009, 07:35 PM
Indiana Pacers at 8 while, the Pistons, Wizards, 76ers all miss out :pity:

superkegger
07-29-2009, 07:43 PM
Don't see the pacers that high, nor do I see the bulls and raptors that high.

Kidd>>>K-Mart
07-29-2009, 07:52 PM
I see the Wizards in over the Heat and bobcats and pistons over pacers any day.

mitch91
07-29-2009, 07:59 PM
my rankings...
cavs
orl
boston
heat
wiz
hawks
toronto
bulls

though i could be totally worng, as teams like philli and the pistons could easily get in there and bobcats are darkhorses for me! there is ALOT!! of pressure on young d-rose it seems

aman_13
07-29-2009, 08:02 PM

7th spot is too high for the Raptors?

superkegger
07-29-2009, 08:03 PM
7th spot is too high for the Raptors?

Yes.

FlakeyFool
07-29-2009, 08:08 PM
Yes.

explain

Draco
07-29-2009, 08:20 PM
Is 8th too high for Tor? Not making the playoffs is bad for their chances of keeping Bosh.

faridk89
07-29-2009, 08:20 PM

please explain yourself....because you make no sense at all....

nbaguy123
07-29-2009, 08:21 PM
1,2,3 is a toss up at this point
4.miami
5.atlanta
6.chicago
7.toronto
8.philly
i didnt put washington because they havent proved that their still playoff material, and detroit cuase this roster is a completely new look
and idk about the rest:)

superkegger
07-29-2009, 08:31 PM
explain

They're not that good.

Hedo helps them, and he improves them, but they still don't have a true center. Bargs isn't a C, and just can't defend the C position that well. He's a hybrid 4 at best. But what can they do? They can't put bosh at C, and they can't put bargs at the 3. So they bring in Rasho and Evans to help that, but that doesn't cut it. They're going to be better offensively this year yeah, but that defense is still going to be pretty weak ***. I just don't have faith that Hedo makes a 10-12 win difference.

faridk89
07-29-2009, 08:37 PM
They're not that good.

Hedo helps them, and he improves them, but they still don't have a true center. Bargs isn't a C, and just can't defend the C position that well. He's a hybrid 4 at best. But what can they do? They can't put bosh at C, and they can't put bargs at the 3. So they bring in Rasho and Evans to help that, but that doesn't cut it. They're going to be better offensively this year yeah, but that defense is still going to be pretty weak ***. I just don't have faith that Hedo makes a 10-12 win difference.

but how about having a healthy team? because 2 years ago we wher amazing with bargs at C and a healthy team...

hail2theskins21
07-29-2009, 08:40 PM
Wizards 10th??

Good one.

5th/6th at worst. Miami is not better than us, nor is Chicago.

fishfan79
07-29-2009, 08:42 PM
Wizards 10th??

Good one.

5th/6th at worst. Miami is not better than us, nor is Chicago.

yes miami is

superkegger
07-29-2009, 08:44 PM
but how about having a healthy team? because 2 years ago we wher amazing with bargs at C and a healthy team...

By two years ago, you mean 2007-2008 when you went 41-41?

Or 06-07 when you went 47-35?

If 41-41 is amazing.....yeah.

But the 06-07 season compared to now pretty much means dick.

Bosh, Bargnani, Rasho and Calderon are the only players left from that team. So why would what they did in 06-07 have relevance to now?

Draco
07-29-2009, 08:49 PM
Bosh, Bargnani, Rasho and Calderon are the only players left from that team. So why would what they did in 06-07 have relevance to now?

Because Bosh, Bargnani and Calderon are their core, they have a better supporting cast than they had in 06/07 and they might avoid the injury bug that hit them last season.

LanceUpperCut
07-29-2009, 08:56 PM
4-8 could be any team other than the Knicks, Nets and Mil but chances are Indy won't make it either

superkegger
07-29-2009, 08:56 PM
Because Bosh, Bargnani and Calderon are their core, they have a better supporting cast than they had in 06/07 and they might avoid the injury bug that hit them last season.

I get that, but what they did then doesn't really matter to me. They have gone down in win total the two following years. And while they will be better, in 06-07 it was an incredibly weak Eastern Conference, where Detroit was the regular season winner with only 53 wins.

My point is, what they did in 06-07 has no bearing on what they'll do this year, because the team for the most part is totally different.

****, by that same logic, going of the cores of 06-07 to see what we'll get this year, I could say the lakers will be just over .500, cause they've retained that same core of Kobe/lamar/bynum/luke, and just added a good player in Pau, so they'll be a bit better, maybe 6th or 7th. That's ****ed logic, and makes no god damn sense.

cmoney16
07-29-2009, 09:06 PM
okay guys here is the official eastern conference standings

1.cavs
2.magic
3.celtics
4.pistons
5.wizards
6.hawks
7.heat
8.raptors

RaptorizedKevin
07-29-2009, 09:07 PM
lol there are alot of raptor haters here, and alot of arragant heat fans. The heats havent made one offseason move, while everyone else has.. and yet their roasting. Bulls.. if they dont land bozzer, there looking at 6-8. Miami, if thye dont land boozer or any other free agent signing, than its gonna be a 6-8 spot too. Wizards, atlanta, and raptos seem to take the 4-6 spots. These teams are definatly not making the playoffs:New Jersey, New York

Potentiaally fightinginf for a spot may be.. charolete, indiana and detriot

respectivily this should be the east

1.Cleveland
2.Boston
3.Orlando
4.Atlanta
5.Washington Wizards
6.Toronto Raptors
7. Miami heat
8. anyone fighting for a spot whos left.

RaptorizedKevin
07-29-2009, 09:07 PM
k yu know what haters. let the teams games speak for themselves. dont inflat ur egos over ur home team. .

J_M_B
07-29-2009, 09:11 PM
The Bulls are too high and the Wizards are too low

1.Boston
2.Orlando
3.Cleveland
4.Atlanta
5.Miami
6.Washington
7.Toronto
8.Chicago
-----------------
9.Philadelphia
10.Detroit
11.Charlotte
12.Indiana

If Chicago acquires Boozer(or even Miami) or Lamar goes to Miami I'll move them up in the rankings

RaptorizedKevin
07-29-2009, 09:13 PM
the raptors basicaly had a 41 41 record, if they werent injured, and im sure wityh new skill they can improve 5 wins. and have a 45+ win record. that tops miamis 5th spot. so they may be there in 4-6th

JWO35
07-29-2009, 09:14 PM
the raptors basicaly had a 41 41 record, if they werent injured, and im sure wityh new skill they can improve 5 wins. and have a 45+ win record. that tops miamis 5th spot. so they may be there in 4-6th

Nice math....

RaptorizedKevin
07-29-2009, 09:14 PM
and damm i love miami heat. but all their fans are ticking me off. yu guys boast too much over waht hasnt even been done. YUr treands are offtopic. ur even talking about nash's reactions to finanical trades ?a and some trash about free throws? wow.. ur offseason has really been productive? thats why yu will be in the 4-5th again.. yeah yu guys make me laugh. keep relieing on that old guy to lure people to miami with the media. just keep it up

RaptorizedKevin
07-29-2009, 09:16 PM
Nice math....
yes 41+ 5 = 46 yes i know

but i looked at their wins as a minumum record.

goku
07-29-2009, 09:19 PM
yes miami is

mami havent improved so as of now the wizard are better they have more talent wade is good even great but the wizard are stacked wade cant keep scoring all the pts for mami like last season and expect to be 4/5 seed as of now they are 7/8 seed east has improved ,raptors ,76ers,wizards

Draco
07-29-2009, 09:20 PM
I get that, but what they did then doesn't really matter to me. They have gone down in win total the two following years. And while they will be better, in 06-07 it was an incredibly weak Eastern Conference, where Detroit was the regular season winner with only 53 wins.

My point is, what they did in 06-07 has no bearing on what they'll do this year, because the team for the most part is totally different.

****, by that same logic, going of the cores of 06-07 to see what we'll get this year, I could say the lakers will be just over .500, cause they've retained that same core of Kobe/lamar/bynum/luke, and just added a good player in Pau, so they'll be a bit better, maybe 6th or 7th. That's ****ed logic, and makes no god damn sense.

By core players I mean those players who are most important to the team. For the Lakers adding Pau meant adding a core player. And of course they benefited to a greater degree than a team that improves their supporting cast as the Raptors have done. That should make some god damn sense for you.

Having gone down in win total the last two years isn't really indicative of anything. They were hit with injuries last year which excuses their 33 win season IMO. Before that they seemed to be good for around 45 wins. They've improved their supporting cast.. the real question is whether it stacks up with the improvements their competitors have made.

Someone posted this in th eBulls forum and I tend to agree.. 4-8 is up for grabs.

RaptorizedKevin
07-29-2009, 09:26 PM
By core players I mean those players who are most important to the team. For the Lakers adding Pau meant adding a core player. And of course they benefited to a greater degree than a team that improves their supporting cast as the Raptors have done. That should make some god damn sense for you.

Having gone down in win total the last two years isn't really indicative of anything. They were hit with injuries last year which excuses their 33 win season IMO. Before that they seemed to be good for around 45 wins. They've improved their supporting cast.. the real question is whether it stacks up with the improvements their competitors have made.

Someone posted this in th eBulls forum and I tend to agree.. 4-8 is up for grabs.

obviouisily 4-8 is anyones grab. until those elite 3 get old.. and 2010 hits. it wil be very different.

yungballah15
07-29-2009, 09:28 PM
They're not that good.

hol up right quick,man says 7 is to high for raptors loll, then he says some stupid ish here lol, iight tell me how many domiante centres they are in the league?? to me its only shaq and dwight, bargnani can handle dwight, can he shut him down naw, can he guard bargnani no he cant, they put him on moon you expect them to put him on turkoglu hell no, so thats gonna be a problem for dwight guarding him the whole game, and yo hedo isnt the only person raptors got this off season, we got jarrett jack, derozan could be a surpise this season, antione wright good defender, and evans an active rebounder who brings toughness. how you gon say 7 is to high.

SeoulBeatz
07-29-2009, 09:34 PM

lol what do u mean? please explain?

dont get me wrong i think the raps could be playoff bound but that is some of the dumbest logic ive ever heard.

"the sixers basically could have won the championship if we had lebron and dwight"

TheHeat3
07-29-2009, 09:54 PM
My opinion of what the rankings should be...of course pending Health

1. Cavaliers (Top seed last year and adding Shaq may put them over the hump nuff said)

2. Magic (The losses of Hedo and Lee hurt, but adding Vince and Bass while resigning Gortat slightly push the the Eastern conference champs over the aging Celts)

3. Celtics (All healthy would definitely allow them to make a push for the 2nd seed, but just because they are all healthy doesn't make them younger. The addition of Sheed helps out their bench, but with the main core of their team in their upper 30s its hard to see them go 7 games against the Cavs or Magic)

4. Hawks (With Marvin Williams resigning they have the same team as last year except with the addition of another capable scorer in Jamal Crawford. Should excel in their full court offense and provide some much needed depth and scoring off the bench where last year their main threat was Ronald Murray)

5. Heat (Same team as last year pending a move for Lamar and/or Boozer, they wont be anywhere near the top teams this year. A repeat performance of Wade is too much to ask of him and asking for an improved Chalmers, Wright, Beasley and motivated J. O'Neal may seem too much wishful thinking but probable. Beasley will be the X-factor as he will have to develop fast on the defensive end if he wants to see playing time again, otherwise expect him to come off the bench again and start either Kuba, Wright, or Jones at SF. It will be rough to see Wade carry his team again and repeat what he did last year this upcoming season.)

6. Bulls (With the loss of Ben Gordon, much more will be asked of Derrick Rose this year to repeat his heroics of last years playoffs. But with the loss of their most clutch player, closer and top scorer who will step up to fill that void? Can Rose finally be clutch or will they have to turn to Deng, Salmons or even Hinrich? Derrick Rose is definitely the X-Factor, this is 100% his team now and with a pretty good group of players around him it will be interesting to see how much he has matured from last year.)

7. Raptors (Basically traded Marion for Hedo allows them to have a playmaker rather than supporting player helps this team and the addition of Jarrett Jack and DeMar DeRozan helps them as well, but without a capable coach to put it all together and commit it seems unlikely this team will get far. If they don't find help on the defensive end they can easily fall out of the playoff picture. Bosh is on the hot seat because this year may dictate whether or not he stays in Toronto. He will have to give his all on the offensive and defensive end if he wants this team to make an impact in the playoffs or will he just give up and wish for this season to be over so he can opt out already.)

8. Wizards (Tied for the 2nd worst team in the league last year but if all healthy this year they can be considered 10 deep. Odds are with Gilbert returning from a major surgery he might not be the same player he once was. With players like Foye and Miller though make this team a wildcard team that could surprise people down the stretch and into the playoffs. This team will have to step up on the defensive floor and with familiar players working under Flip's system they should do well.)

8th and 7th are really a toss up between Toronto, Wizards, Pistons, and Pacers

JordansBulls
07-29-2009, 10:16 PM
Bulls Lineup

PG Rose/Pargo/Hunter
SG Salmons/Hinrich
SF Deng/Johnson
PF Tyrus/Gibson
C Noah/Miller/Gray

Atlanta

PG Bibby/Teague
SG Johnson/Crawford
SF Williams/Evans
PF Smith/Jones/Morris
C Horford/Pachulia

Washington

PG Arenas/Foye/M.James
SG Miller/Stevenson/Crittenton
SF Butler/N.Young
PF Jamison/Blatche/McGuire
C Haywood/McGee

Toronto

PG Calderon/Jack
SG DeRozan/Delfino
SF Turkoglu/A.Wright
PF Bosh/Evans
C Bargnani/Nesterovic

Miami

PG Chalmers/Quinn/Beverly
SG Wade/Cook
SF Beasley/Jones/Wright/Diawara
PF Odom/Haslem
C O'Neal/Anthony/Blount

GodsSon
07-29-2009, 10:24 PM
might be biased...but i honestly think the raptors have the 4th best team in the east, on paper...ATL had a good year last year, but i see them taking a step back, mostly due to a lot of other teams getting better... Miami hasnt done a thing this off-season, yet people consistently give them 5-6 seeds; i just dont see it happening...lastly the Wizards look good on paper, but considering Butler and Arenas always seem to be injured the last few years i wont even give them credit until they prove they can stay healthy

hail2theskins21
07-29-2009, 10:41 PM
might be biased...but i honestly think the raptors have the 4th best team in the east, on paper...ATL had a good year last year, but i see them taking a step back, mostly due to a lot of other teams getting better... Miami hasnt done a thing this off-season, yet people consistently give them 5-6 seeds; i just dont see it happening...lastly the Wizards look good on paper, but considering Butler and Arenas always seem to be injured the last few years i wont even give them credit until they prove they can stay healthy

Well said, i like the raptors team too.

I respect that you won't give credit until we are healthy, but do you or do you not agree that if healthy we will be hard to play against? Arenas, Foye, Miller, Jamison, Butler? Those are all legit scoring options.

Better than the Heat at least! Give me a break Heat Fans!! As someone said earlier, the Heat are overrated and did nothing this offseason.

Wade will leave you're sorry franchise after this year anyways. No offense but i've been meaning to say it and stand up for the city of Washington.

Heat fans cant acknowledge anything worthwhile.

RaysFan
07-29-2009, 11:52 PM
1. Cleveland
2. Boston
3. Orlando
4. Atlanta
5. Washington
6. Miami
7. Toronto
8. Chicago

GodsSon
07-30-2009, 12:00 AM

I respect that you won't give credit until we are healthy, but do you or do you not agree that if healthy we will be hard to play against? Arenas, Foye, Miller, Jamison, Butler? Those are all legit scoring options.

Better than the Heat at least! Give me a break Heat Fans!! As someone said earlier, the Heat are overrated and did nothing this offseason.

Wade will leave you're sorry franchise after this year anyways. No offense but i've been meaning to say it and stand up for the city of Washington.

i agree that if you're fully healthy that line-up could make some noise in the East...although both of our teams might not be able to crack the top 3, i see them being in the same boat competing for the 4-5 seed as both have a lot of talent but just have to put it all together...if both rosters are healthy and playing to their potential though, then im anticipating some good, intense matchups between the two

bogdanrom
07-30-2009, 01:04 AM
Wizards will be better than 10th even if Arenas is injured the whole season. Whoever wrote the article is a complete moron.

Washington is thin in the frontcourt

Antawn Jamison, Andray Blatche, Brandon Haywood, Fabricio Oberto, Javale McGee. Really? Thin? IMO I think we have one of the most complete benches in the NBA(depending on who we start at SG, we have Foye/Miller/Stevenson, Crittenton, McGuire, Andray Blatche, Oberto, McGee coming off the bench)

Flip Saunders is a proven commodity in the NBA and will immediately bring credibility to the nation's capital, but Eddie Jordan is one heck of a coach and couldn't overcome the injury plague in D.C.

Couldn't overcome the injury plague? Uhmmm I don't think it was his fault that we had injury problems.

Of course healthy we can easily be a top 5 team in the East. And we can still make the playoffs even without Arenas. Anyways, Heat fans the Wiz right now are better. Of course that will change if they can get both Odom and Boozer.

itsripcity32
07-30-2009, 01:22 AM
Indiana Pacers at 8 while, the Pistons, Wizards, 76ers all miss out :pity:

Boston Faithful
07-30-2009, 01:42 AM

1. Cavaliers (Top seed last year and adding Shaq may put them over the hump nuff said)

2. Magic (The losses of Hedo and Lee hurt, but adding Vince and Bass while resigning Gortat slightly push the the Eastern conference champs over the aging Celts)

3. Celtics (All healthy would definitely allow them to make a push for the 2nd seed, but just because they are all healthy doesn't make them younger. The addition of Sheed helps out their bench, but with the main core of their team in their upper 30s its hard to see them go 7 games against the Cavs or Magic)

4. Hawks (With Marvin Williams resigning they have the same team as last year except with the addition of another capable scorer in Jamal Crawford. Should excel in their full court offense and provide some much needed depth and scoring off the bench where last year their main threat was Ronald Murray)

5. Heat (Same team as last year pending a move for Lamar and/or Boozer, they wont be anywhere near the top teams this year. A repeat performance of Wade is too much to ask of him and asking for an improved Chalmers, Wright, Beasley and motivated J. O'Neal may seem too much wishful thinking but probable. Beasley will be the X-factor as he will have to develop fast on the defensive end if he wants to see playing time again, otherwise expect him to come off the bench again and start either Kuba, Wright, or Jones at SF. It will be rough to see Wade carry his team again and repeat what he did last year this upcoming season.)

6. Bulls (With the loss of Ben Gordon, much more will be asked of Derrick Rose this year to repeat his heroics of last years playoffs. But with the loss of their most clutch player, closer and top scorer who will step up to fill that void? Can Rose finally be clutch or will they have to turn to Deng, Salmons or even Hinrich? Derrick Rose is definitely the X-Factor, this is 100% his team now and with a pretty good group of players around him it will be interesting to see how much he has matured from last year.)

7. Raptors (Basically traded Marion for Hedo allows them to have a playmaker rather than supporting player helps this team and the addition of Jarrett Jack and DeMar DeRozan helps them as well, but without a capable coach to put it all together and commit it seems unlikely this team will get far. If they don't find help on the defensive end they can easily fall out of the playoff picture. Bosh is on the hot seat because this year may dictate whether or not he stays in Toronto. He will have to give his all on the offensive and defensive end if he wants this team to make an impact in the playoffs or will he just give up and wish for this season to be over so he can opt out already.)

8. Wizards (Tied for the 2nd worst team in the league last year but if all healthy this year they can be considered 10 deep. Odds are with Gilbert returning from a major surgery he might not be the same player he once was. With players like Foye and Miller though make this team a wildcard team that could surprise people down the stretch and into the playoffs. This team will have to step up on the defensive floor and with familiar players working under Flip's system they should do well.)

Really the core of the Celtics is in their upper 30's? Pierce is 31, Garnett is 32 and Allen is 33. Nothing of that spells upper 30's.

This guy is an idiot. Like Parker or Moon is a better addition than Marquis Daniels, which he doesn't even mention. He thinks that the Bulls will be the fourth seed now, when they were 7th last year, BEFORE they lost Ben Gordon. TENTH for the Wizards?! This guy is a joke. And the Pacers going anywhere but 13-15 is laughable.

Here are the real rankings:

1. Boston Celtics
2. Orlando Magic
3. Cleveland Cavaliers
4. Toronto Raptors
5. Washington Wizards
6. Atlanta Hawks
7. Miami Heat
8. Chicago Bulls
9. Detroit Pistons
10. Philadelphia 76ers
11. Charlotte Bobcats
12. New Jersey Nets
13. New York Knicks
14. Indiana Pacers
15. Milwaukee Bucks

The Raptors and Wizards have made so many improvements while the Hawks and Heat have stayed pat and the Bulls just lost Ben Gordon. The Cavaliers are not close to the Magic or the Celtics in my opinion. The Cavaliers went from being a one to a two person team and Shaq is not reliable in the slightest at this point in his career. The Bobcats, Nets, Knicks, Pacers and Bucks having a chance at the playoffs is a joke.

Draco
07-30-2009, 01:54 AM
This guy is an idiot. Like Parker or Moon is a better addition than Marquis Daniels, which he doesn't even mention. He thinks that the Bulls will be the fourth seed now, when they were 7th last year, BEFORE they lost Ben Gordon. TENTH for the Wizards?! This guy is a joke. And the Pacers going anywhere but 13-15 is laughable.

I think he also mentioned that Deng would healthy and Rose improve over his rookie season. I'm not saying I necessarily see the Bulls coming out 4th but I don't see the reasons behind your rankings as any better than the people you're criticizing. Toronto vast improvements? From TJ to ONeal to Marion to Hedo.. well, hopefully they got it right this time.

Boston Faithful
07-30-2009, 02:03 AM
I think he also mentioned that Deng would healthy and Rose improve over his rookie season. I'm not saying I necessarily see the Bulls coming out 4th but I don't see the reasons behind your rankings as any better than the people you're criticizing. Toronto vast improvements? From TJ to ONeal to Marion to Hedo.. well, hopefully they got it right this time.

The Raptors got a player with star potential out of the draft (DeRozen), signed Hedo (which was a bad signing, but very good for this year and next), signed Jarrett Jack (one of the best backup point guards in the league) and traded Devean George for Marco Bellineli (which is one of the most lopsided trades I've ever seen).

The Bulls haven't done anything. They are no stronger than the Heat's roster and while I think Rose will be almost as good as Wade soon - look how far Wade's talent is taking the Heat. Rose can't do it all by himself and Deng has fallen flat on his face from all the talk he had going on about his abilities two years ago. They haven't used their midlevel, selected two projects in James Johnson and Taj Gibson in the draft and didn't even attempt to retain Ben Gordon. But did I ever say this was a bad idea? No, it's certainly not. I love what the Bulls are doing. They will have barely any salary next year with the potential to sign two big stars and they look very attractive to Dwayne Wade. This isn't the Bulls year but they will soon return to promenience in years to come.

fairandbalanced
07-30-2009, 02:10 AM
hahahahahahahaha..that is the funniest ranking I ever seen. Dude basically said Rose will carry Bulls to 4th, but Wade can't carry Heat past 6th. The most idiotic analyst ever.

fairandbalanced
07-30-2009, 02:16 AM

OHH really? wasn't Arenas, there ,in addition to Jamison and Hughes when Wade with help from Damon Jones swept you 4yrs ago? all of a sudden you think Miller elevates you? give us a break.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-30-2009, 02:19 AM
Bulls are WAY too high. The heat are a way better team right NOW without any additions to their roster which will hopefully change in a lil bit.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-30-2009, 02:23 AM
Hoopsworld always does this though. When it comes to rankings they always put the unexpected.

Draco
07-30-2009, 02:26 AM
The Raptors got a player with star potential out of the draft (DeRozen), signed Hedo (which was a bad signing, but very good for this year and next), signed Jarrett Jack (one of the best backup point guards in the league) and traded Devean George for Marco Bellineli (which is one of the most lopsided trades I've ever seen).

The Bulls haven't done anything. They are no stronger than the Heat's roster and while I think Rose will be almost as good as Wade soon - look how far Wade's talent is taking the Heat. Rose can't do it all by himself and Deng has fallen flat on his face from all the talk he had going on about his abilities two years ago. They haven't used their midlevel, selected two projects in James Johnson and Taj Gibson in the draft and didn't even attempt to retain Ben Gordon. But did I ever say this was a bad idea? No, it's certainly not. I love what the Bulls are doing. They will have barely any salary next year with the potential to sign two big stars and they look very attractive to Dwayne Wade. This isn't the Bulls year but they will soon return to promenience in years to come.

Yeah, I knew about what went on in the off season for these teams.. no summary was necessary.

I dont agree that the Heat have a better roster than the Bulls but that's irrelevant. I have no problem with predictions of the Heat finishes above the Bulls since Wades in his prime.

Deng was injured last year and the entire team fell off the year before that. There's every reason to believe that he can rebound this season if healthy just as Gordon rebounded last season.

Yes Tor signed Hedo.. and as I mentioned he's in a line of players that didn't make a difference for Toronto and didn't stick with the team. So I'm skeptical.

Sure, DeMar has star potential which has little to do with helping the Raptors get to 4 this season.

Tor filled their need for a back-up PG.. good move sans the $20 mil price tag.

Marco doesn't seem like a great pick-up.. to me, he just seems like a pick-up. Ok, he's better than George. Yippe, but I don't see it helping the Raptors get to 4.

Yes the Bulls haven't added any pieces other than their rookies but they were already a deeper team than Tor. Unless there's a star on the market or a post player, no changes were needed. Tor adding depth doesn't mean they've addressed one of their bigger problems: that Bosh and Bargs don't complement each other despite being two of the core players for that team.

itsripcity32
07-30-2009, 02:29 AM
Hoopsworld always does this though. When it comes to rankings they always put the unexpected.

yea they are sooo smart, trying to be the ones who said "i told you so!"

but in reality they get it correct 1/1000000

WoodbridgeSkins
07-30-2009, 02:30 AM
OHH really? wasn't Arenas, there ,in addition to Jamison and Hughes when Wade with help from Damon Jones swept you 4yrs ago? all of a sudden you think Miller elevates you? give us a break.

Shaq played great in Game 4 while Alonzo played a HUGE while Shaq had a minor injury. Caron Butler was in LA at the time. Miami actually had a decent bench back then. The Wizards now have one of the best benches in the league. With the addition of Miller, Foye, and Oberto who started on the championship team THREE years ago. The fact that Miami is not as good as they were FOUR years ago and the Wizards have a much deeper and talented team than FOUR years ago.....I'd say yes, I think the addition of Miller plus the rest of the additions has elevated the Wizards past the Miami Heat.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-30-2009, 02:32 AM

I won't go to crazy on you due to the fact that you're a sean taylor fan.... may he rest in peace :cry:.

You're calling the heat overrated when the wizards haven't done **** for the past four years:eyebrow:. But now that you added mike miller and foye you think you're better than us? And don't bank on Arenas doing playing how he use to play, he isn't gonna be nearly as good as before with all those surgeries and time missed.

And please stfu about Wade leaving next year, he's not going anywhere because pat riley WILL improve the team and make it a contending one too and he can prolly do that with just two transactions. Signing Odom which at this point pretty much seems like a lock and trading Boozer without somehow trading beasley. You're saying the heat haven't done any transactions, but lets see how that changes in the next couple of weeks.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-30-2009, 02:34 AM
yea they are sooo smart, trying to be the ones who said "i told you so!"

but in reality they get it correct 1/1000000

Lol exactly my point. I never pay any attention to their rankings, just the rumors.

Boston Faithful
07-30-2009, 02:34 AM
Yeah, I knew about what went on in the off season for these teams.. no summary was necessary.

I dont agree that the Heat have a better roster than the Bulls but that's irrelevant. I have no problem with predictions of the Heat finishes above the Bulls since Wades in his prime.

Deng was injured last year and the entire team fell off the year before that. There's every reason to believe that he can rebound this season if healthy just as Gordon rebounded last season.

Yes Tor signed Hedo.. and as I mentioned he's in a line of players that didn't make a difference for Toronto and didn't stick with the team. So I'm skeptical.

Sure, DeMar has star potential which has little to do with helping the Raptors get to 4 this season.

Tor filled their need for a back-up PG.. good move sans the $20 mil price tag.

Marco doesn't seem like a great pick-up.. to me, he just seems like a pick-up. Ok, he's better than George. Yippe, but I don't see it helping the Raptors get to 4.

Yes the Bulls haven't added any pieces other than their rookies but they were already a deeper team than Tor. Unless there's a star on the market or a post player, no changes were needed. Tor adding depth doesn't mean they've addressed one of their bigger problems: that Bosh and Bargs don't complement each other despite being two of the core players for that team.

I don't understand how the Bulls are deep. They have an excellent team for the future, but this year? I don't think so. They would have been four had they kept Gordon but I don't know how a lineup of Rose, Hinrich, Deng, Tyrus and Noah with a bench of Brad Miller, Salmons and James Johnson spells number four seed. As I said, Deng and Hinrich are way overpaid. They are underachievers and ever since the Bulls magical 47-35 season a few years ago, they haven't done much. Thomas is a big underachiever too as the Bulls would be in a much better positon had they kept Aldridge a few years ago.

They are one piece away (superstar) from contending and if they could get Amare or Wade next year I'd full heartedly say they were a top 3 or 4 team.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-30-2009, 02:47 AM
The bulls aren't a deep team at all. They have a stud in Rose and........... thats it. Kirk and Deng are overpaid players that are playing 2 dollar players. Noah is a poor mans verajo (sp?), tyrus is looking like a player that will never each his potential, salmons should bench a bench player and brad miller sucks.

You bulls fans swear that 2010 is gonna save your franchise, but in reality you can't do that because its not guaranteed. To begin, YOU ARE NOT GETTING DWYANE WADE. Lebron and Bosh are prolly staying and amare will most likely get traded and then maybe sign an extension. I think the best player that will come out of the free agency and sign with another team will be Joe Johnson.

Draco
07-30-2009, 03:05 AM
I don't understand how the Bulls are deep. They have an excellent team for the future, but this year? I don't think so. They would have been four had they kept Gordon but I don't know how a lineup of Rose, Hinrich, Deng, Tyrus and Noah with a bench of Brad Miller, Salmons and James Johnson spells number four seed. As I said, Deng and Hinrich are way overpaid. They are underachievers and ever since the Bulls magical 47-35 season a few years ago, they haven't done much. Thomas is a big underachiever too as the Bulls would be in a much better positon had they kept Aldridge a few years ago.

They are one piece away (superstar) from contending and if they could get Amare or Wade next year I'd full heartedly say they were a top 3 or 4 team.

A better way for me to have put it would have been to say that the Bulls have less holes to fill than Tor. They don't need any more role players like Hedo, Marco or Jack. And as far as role players go, I like Chi more than Tor.

Deng and Hinrich's salaries are non-issues and don't determine whether a team gets to 4 or not. FWIW, they're being paid about the same as their peers.

lol @ the notion that Deng and Hinrich are underachievers. For a period of time the Bulls had the reputation of being overachievers. Well, whatever.. I've already addressed this in my last post so if the point doesn't get made then it doesn't get made. You can lead a horse to water, etc.

It would also help if you'd realize that I never thought the Bulls were a favorite to get 4. The point I made was that I don't think the Raptors are a favorite to get 4.

Draco
07-30-2009, 03:08 AM
The bulls aren't a deep team at all. They have a stud in Rose and........... thats it. Kirk and Deng are overpaid players that are playing 2 dollar players. Noah is a poor mans verajo (sp?), tyrus is looking like a player that will never each his potential, salmons should bench a bench player and brad miller sucks.

You bulls fans swear that 2010 is gonna save your franchise, but in reality you can't do that because its not guaranteed. To begin, YOU ARE NOT GETTING DWYANE WADE. Lebron and Bosh are prolly staying and amare will most likely get traded and then maybe sign an extension. I think the best player that will come out of the free agency and sign with another team will be Joe Johnson.

You can't spell Varej„o and no one said anything about 201 0 saving the Bulls. You have something about 2 dollar players.. that's a pretty awful post.

chitownbulls
07-30-2009, 05:11 AM
Everyone is saying that bulls arent gonna do good without Ben Gordon. That may not be true. Now players like Salmons, Hinrich, and Rose get each get more play time, and will have the chance to show how good they really are. Team chemistry will most likely be better because we won't have a guy chucking up shots like Gordon did in game 7 vs the Celtics.

As for the Bulls not being deep, we are actually deep.

Rose/Hinrich/Hunter
Salmons/ Hinrich/Pargo
Deng/Johnson
Thomas/Gibson/Johnson
Noah/ Miller

Noah has really improved during last year, and at times Thomas played up to his potential.

Salmons can average up to 18 ppg as a starter and without Gordon he may be able to do more.

Hinrich has more time at both positions and will take more pressure off of Rose.

We have 2 players coming off the bench with the ability to be a starters on other teams.(Hinrich, Miller)

James Johnson is also a versitle player and can play the 3 and 4 positions.

And Pargo can also hit big shots at times.

I don't know about us being the 4th seed but we have a good chance at the 5th.

JordansBulls
07-30-2009, 08:36 AM
If the Bulls won 49 games in 2007 and now they are just as good or better I don't see why they don't get at least between 47-52 this year.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-30-2009, 11:07 AM
You can't spell Varej„o and no one said anything about 201 0 saving the Bulls. You have something about 2 dollar players.. that's a pretty awful post.

Frankly i don't care if i know how to spell verajo. And yes you guys are talking about 2010 saving the bulls because in every post that you guys make you talk about getting D Wade.

You're right about the 2 dollar players that was terrible lol. :o

LanceUpperCut
07-30-2009, 11:20 AM
A better way for me to have put it would have been to say that the Bulls have less holes to fill than Tor. They don't need any more role players like Hedo, Marco or Jack. And as far as role players go, I like Chi more than Tor.

Deng and Hinrich's salaries are non-issues and don't determine whether a team gets to 4 or not. FWIW, they're being paid about the same as their peers.

lol @ the notion that Deng and Hinrich are underachievers. For a period of time the Bulls had the reputation of being overachievers. Well, whatever.. I've already addressed this in my last post so if the point doesn't get made then it doesn't get made. You can lead a horse to water, etc.

It would also help if you'd realize that I never thought the Bulls were a favorite to get 4. The point I made was that I don't think the Raptors are a favorite to get 4.
Its funny how you always bring up the Raptors. We get it your envious of the off season we had.

Freshed
07-30-2009, 11:28 AM
Rankings if the playoffs would to start now with the recent free agent signings and trades that were approved.

1. Orlando
2. Boston
3. Cleveland
4. Toronto
5. ChicagoAtlanta
6. Atlanta
7. Washington
8. Miami

Rankings if the playoffs would to start now with the EXPECTED free agent signings and trades.

1. Orlando
2. Boston
3. Cleveland
4. Miami
5. Toronto
6. Chicago
7. Atlanta
8. Washington

mikantsass
07-30-2009, 11:28 AM
This is the way i see it

1. Orlando - (they have to be de-throned)
2. Boston
3. Cleveland
4. Atlanta
5. Washington
6. Miami
7. Toronto
8. Charlotte
9. Chicago
10. Detroit
11. Indiana
12. Philly
13. New Jersey
14. Milwaukee Bucks:
15. New York Knicks:

aZekuiS
07-30-2009, 11:33 AM
My Rankings:

Cavs
Celtics
Magic
Sixers
Pistons
Raptors
Hawks
Heat

Jays Claw
07-30-2009, 11:37 AM
My Rankings:

Cavs
Celtics
Magic
Sixers
Pistons
Raptors
Hawks
Heat

Please explain to me on why you put the Pistons ahead of the Heat, Hawks and Raptors?

pds916
07-30-2009, 11:57 AM
This is the way i see it

1. Orlando - (they have to be de-throned)
2. Boston
3. Cleveland
4. Atlanta
5. Washington
6. Miami
7. Toronto
8. Charlotte
9. Chicago
10. Detroit
11. Indiana
12. Philly
13. New Jersey
14. Milwaukee Bucks:
15. New York Knicks:

i dont see washington climbing up to the 5 seed because they havent really gotten better since the 07-08 season other then adding foye. i also cant see the bobcats making it to the 8 seed, the trade of okafor for chandler going to help especially if he gets hurt again, i also dont see philly falling to 12 b/c other then andre miller they have the same roster and they picked up jrue holiday and kapono who is going to improve one of their weaknesses in 3 pt shooting.... im really hoping that the knicks arent in last this season lol

DaBUU
07-30-2009, 02:14 PM

Nice list and I agree (mostly). Flip flop #5 and #6 and you got something there!

bogdanrom
07-30-2009, 02:24 PM
i dont see washington climbing up to the 5 seed because they havent really gotten better since the 07-08 season other then adding foye. i also cant see the bobcats making it to the 8 seed, the trade of okafor for chandler going to help especially if he gets hurt again, i also dont see philly falling to 12 b/c other then andre miller they have the same roster and they picked up jrue holiday and kapono who is going to improve one of their weaknesses in 3 pt shooting.... im really hoping that the knicks arent in last this season lol

What are you talking about? Haven't gotten better since 07-08 season. We added Foye, Miller, Oberto and McGee plus the biggest factor we are actually MIGHT be healthy this season. 5th spot is a fair place for the Wizards.

bogdanrom
07-30-2009, 02:26 PM
If the Bulls won 49 games in 2007 and now they are just as good or better I don't see why they don't get at least between 47-52 this year.

Tougher competition? Losing Ben Gordon?

bogdanrom
07-30-2009, 02:31 PM

I'm pretty sure 4 years isn't all of the sudden. The Wizards have way more talent than Miami, right now. And it's not even close. Wade is a superstar and a MVP candidate year in and year out, but that basically it. And you can't expect him to carry Miami every year like he did last year before getting tired or pissed off.

bogdanrom
07-30-2009, 02:42 PM
I won't go to crazy on you due to the fact that you're a sean taylor fan.... may he rest in peace :cry:.

You're calling the heat overrated when the wizards haven't done **** for the past four years:eyebrow:. But now that you added mike miller and foye you think you're better than us? And don't bank on Arenas doing playing how he use to play, he isn't gonna be nearly as good as before with all those surgeries and time missed.

And please stfu about Wade leaving next year, he's not going anywhere because pat riley WILL improve the team and make it a contending one too and he can prolly do that with just two transactions. Signing Odom which at this point pretty much seems like a lock and trading Boozer without somehow trading beasley. You're saying the heat haven't done any transactions, but lets see how that changes in the next couple of weeks.

Wizards Roster
PG Gilbert Arenas/Crittenton/Mike James
SG Randy Foye/ Young/ Stevenson
SF Butler/Miller/ McGuire
PF Antawn Jamison/ Andray Blatche
C Brandan Haywood/McGee/Oberto

Heat Roster:
PG Mario Chalmers/ Quinn
SG Dwyane Wade/ Cook
SF Beasley/ James Jones/ Diawarra
PF Haslem/ Joel Anthony/ Dorell Wright
C O'neal/Magloire/Blount

The Wizards are better than you at every position except obviously for SG. Plus we have more depth and more experience. About no one excepts for Arenas to return to his old form, but we don't need him to return t his old form. The addition of Foye takes care of that.
Even if you add Odom I don't think you're better than us. If you add Boozer than yes the Heat are probably going to better than. But until that day, the Wiz are better than Heat (with or without Arenas too).

magichatnumber9
07-30-2009, 03:22 PM
the list is decent I guess. cant please everybody

Jay22Redd
07-30-2009, 03:26 PM
Cavs
Magic
Celtics
Heat
Pistons
Hawks
Bulls
Wiz

Really just put something down.

Nadhi1
07-30-2009, 03:36 PM
bulls are wayyyyy to high and i expect raptors to be more higher

B.JenningsMVP
07-30-2009, 03:39 PM
wow... these rankings suck

Jays Claw
07-30-2009, 03:45 PM
I can't believe some people are ranking the Pistons in the top five.

arkanian215
07-30-2009, 03:45 PM
BUcks are ahead of the Nets because... we've got a floor general and a good young center. these are the two hardest positions to fill in the league. dont get me wrong michael redd is great but i dont know... i've seen worse though.

Jays Claw
07-30-2009, 03:49 PM
The Bucks should not be ahead of the Nets because they lost important players in Villanueva and Richardson.

They are also on the verge of losing Ramon Sessions.

shas
07-30-2009, 03:50 PM
Toronto is better then Washington, Chicago, and Miami imo.

toronto was really buzy this off season adding productive and useful players, also that trade BC made yesterday was just RIDICULOUS.

kobeonekenobe
07-30-2009, 03:53 PM
1. Orlando
2. Cleveland
3. Boston
4. Toronto
5. Washington
6. Miami
7. Chicago
8. Atlanta
9. Detroit
10.Philadelphia
11.Indiana
12.Charlotte
13.New York
14.Milwaukee
15.New Jersey

Jays Claw
07-30-2009, 03:59 PM
1. Boston Celtics
2. Cleveland Cavaliers
3. Orlando Magic
4. Toronto Raptors
5. Washington Wizards
6. Chicago Bulls
7. Philadelphia 76ers
8. Miami Heat

JWO35
07-30-2009, 04:01 PM
Toronto Raptors should be #1 amrite?
Yeah Right.....

Jays Claw
07-30-2009, 04:03 PM
Toronto Raptors should be #1 am I right?
Yeah Right.....

Sarcasm much?

Minnellz
07-30-2009, 04:11 PM
haha!!

BELENELLI!!!!!!!

Raps will surprise all of you haters..miami and atlanta and an injury proned washington will not rank higher.

Sorry

raps might grab 3rd-5th

tbomlad
07-30-2009, 04:21 PM
It should be:
1. Orlando
2. Boston
3. Cleveland
After the top 3 who cares? All the rest suck.

Jamiecballer
07-30-2009, 06:47 PM

Not sure I agree with that; that team had a great bench.

Juan Dixon
TJ Ford
Rasho Nesterovic
Morris Peterson
Joey Graham
Anthony Parker
Jorge Garbajosa
Kris Humphries

Not a bad supporting cast at all.

shas
07-30-2009, 08:22 PM
Not sure I agree with that; that team had a great bench.

Juan Dixon
TJ Ford
Rasho Nesterovic
Morris Peterson
Joey Graham
Anthony Parker
Jorge Garbajosa
Kris Humphries

Not a bad supporting cast at all.

true not bad, but this year its better.

Blah Blah Blah
07-30-2009, 10:08 PM
im sure everyone has already read this and if there is already a thread then i do apologize but i just wanted to see peoples thoughts on these rankings

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=13462

i think that the top 7, maybe not the bulls, are vurtual locks to make the playoffs next year barring any huge injury.

i agree that the pacers have a shot but i didnt realize that they would have to be infront of so many good teams! and also the bobcats i felt had an outside shot though they to would have to get past so many good teams! i wont say to much about the article you can read for yourselfs

so what are your thoughts and maybe your own rankings?

YES I KNOW FA ISNT OVER, BUT THIS IS MORE TO SEE WHAT POEPLE THINK ABOUT THESE RANKINGS, IF THEY WANT TO THROW THEIR OWN RANKINGS IN THERE THEN SO BE IT.

Even tho im a bulls fan, b4 ppl come out stating about the biased thing hear me out. The bulls will most likely make the playoffs so i dont get y ppl are questioning that, especially in the east. Ppl are overrating the raptors already saying how they should be in the top 5. Yes turk is good but he really only had a good playoffs, his season stats dropped across the board and did not do as well during the regular season. Plus with calderon handling the ball in toronto, how effective will turk when the ball isn't in his hands as much? Washington, are u kidding? Lets first c if the team can stay healthy for half a season with their full unit and then they have to learn at some point to half way play defense, and in no way are they gonna be a top 5 team even in the east. Miami still has nuthin outside of wade. Whoever says detroit should be in playoffs must be high, and atlanta cud but still feel they are a lil overrated....Yes the bulls lost gordon but if ppl saw the bulls games, and im not just talkin bout the playoffs or the nationally televised games, the bulls really only lost a streaky one-dimensional guy who at times cost the bulls games.

JVene
07-30-2009, 10:31 PM

Potential doesnt mean **** the kid averaged 13 points a game for 35 min per in a weak Pac-10 last year what could he possible do in the NBA. The kid wont add **** this year. He is a project so dont add him as a reason for wins cuz he plays no defense either. And you wonder why he fell so far in the draft.

dhalvarez
07-30-2009, 10:32 PM
With the rankings:

1. Boston (with a healthy Garnett)

2. Cleveland (I like the addition of Parker, but O'neal better stay healthy. I don't think that they have made any big improvements. Mo Williams has to play better too.)

3. Orlando (loosing Hedo, I think they will be losing a guy that can make the big plays. Carter is older, doesn't raise his level of play in games that matter. )

4. Atlanta Hawks (especially with more scoring up front)

5. Toronto Raptors (They have put together a pretty good bench on paper. I think that they can be the dark horse and a top 4. Key is for Bosh, Bargnani, Calderon to raise their games to the next level.)

6. Miami (Wade has to be healthy the whole season. They really haven't done much to improve.)

7. Wizards (the whole team has to stay healthy. Sounds impossible with their luck.)

8. Bulls (what other team can contend for the playoffs??...Detriot starring the one dimensional's Gordon and Charlie V...sorry...pistons rebuild!!)

uncleben989
07-30-2009, 11:29 PM
i find it hilarious that the wizards and raps get no love..
heat?? and bulls??? u kidding me rite

1) Cavs
2) Magic
3) Celts
4) Hawks
5) Wiz/Raps
6) Wiz/Raps
7) Bulls
8) Heat

uncleben989
07-30-2009, 11:32 PM
actually eff it, im goin with my guts here...i know its homer but i think raps will pull through with the 4th seed

GAWDtv
07-30-2009, 11:57 PM
1. Clev. LBJ_MVP_AGAIN AVG TRIPLE DUB...They where the best last season and got better. AP will surprise you with so much room, watch his shooting percentage go up this season, Moon as well. Plus their defense is HELLA scary now inside and out DEEP. Shaq, just play like last season and he is a huge improvement over Ilgauskis, and now Illy is coming off the bench? DAMN This team is well built and the pieces all compliment eachother.

2. ORLANDO, This team is deep and a match-up nightmare. They improved their flaws exposed in the finals and VC in his hometown as the 3rd option should be a match made in Disney. Too bad Skip couldn't back-up Nelson this season.

3. BOSTON. With KG back + Sheeds Passion added to KG's these two can will a ring by themselves. I can't see how they gave Marbery a ride but won't even stop the Bus to talk to AI? They can bring AI in the mix to add some depth and they may move up to the 2 spot - Maybe.

4. Washington. This is pre season on paper and the news is Agent 0's back. Foye and Miller add better balance and the young front line looked stronger in LVSL play. Sure injury changes everything, for any team, but for now, Wiz be hosting a playoff series.

5. Atlanta. I like Crawford coming to this squad, the game they play in ATL should get Crawford to the ASG and ATL comfortably back to the playoffs.

6. Chicago loosing BG is HUGE. For NADA? Miller and Salmons with a training camp and leadership roles, plus a healthy Deng this team can be scary come 2nd season.

7. Philly lost Andre Miller and I donít know how they donít realize how much that hurt them. They will need to bring in Rafer Alston or soťm because with all those ballers they got, they need a floor General STAT.

8. Toronto falls here on paper but being from Toronto I donít see how this team plans to win. Up tempo? Half court?? We have no starting guards, all back-ups (and canít see AI can START and help us #$%&*:horse:). I see 1st round quick exit and/or Bosh leaves/traded for another white guy.

9. Miami hasnít done anything to improve. NOTHING. They got worse. Depending on J.O. to be the difference maker lol, remember Iím from T.O. Wade is great but come-on, he can only do so much. He and Bosh may join forces on one of these Cap cleared squads like NYK, I digressÖ

10. Indy, what can I say about Indy, ya...

11. Charlotte, lack talent and loosing what they got. Okafor for Chandler, YA???

12. NYK, they remind me of the Toronto Maple Leafs of BAsketball. In the Mecca of their sport so why build a competitor, they will come anyways seems to be the thought process in both these parallel organizations.

13. Detroit, oh how the mighty have fallen, you think AI was a head case? Stuckey anybody?!? Stop blaiming AI, he didn't trade Chauncey, or hire Curry or draft Darko over Bosh/Wade/Melo/etc. Why didn't Stuckey give AI3 his # anyways, any stories/links on that whole episode?

14. NJ has too many guards, Maybe Holla at Toronto and maybe help balance eachother out. When this team gets to Brooklyn they may be like 13,12.

15. Mil Whateva :cry: