PDA

View Full Version : Boozer Asked To Stop Commenting On Trades

JordansBulls
07-29-2009, 05:30 PM
Source: Deseretnews (http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705319801/Utah-Jazz-Boozer-keeps-talking-trade.html)

On Tuesday, however, Boozer wasn't quite as revealing with a Chicago sports radio station as he was in Miami on Monday when he went on about, among other things, how much he loves the South Beach area, how he won't be playing again for the Utah Jazz, how tough the economy is, how well he personally did in this past spring's playoffs, how healthy his body is, and how anxious he is to find out what team he'll be traded to before next season.

While talking to ESPN 1000 in Chicago, where he helped Corey Maggette run a basketball camp, Boozer even seemed to back-pedal on an important point he made to Miami's WQAM on Monday.

In Florida, Boozer replied to a question about whether or not he could envision himself playing again in Utah with a simple "Um, no" response. But asked during his interview on the "Waddle & Silvy Show" if there would be "hard feelings" should he return to the Jazz, the power forward sounded like he'd changed his stance a bit.

"No," he replied. "Not at all."

Boozer also reiterated that he has allegedly been asked by Jazz management to zip his lips about the whole trade process.

"Everything lays in the Jazz's hands," Boozer said. "I know they're doing their homework and their due diligence and I'm gonna step back and not speculate about what I see on TV or what I hear on the radio and just let them do what they're gonna do."

Though he previously talked about how he'd like to play with Derrick Rose and the Chicago Bulls, Boozer admitted to a Windy City audience that he would likewise enjoy the opportunity to play in his offseason home of Miami, too.

"If I was traded to Miami, I would welcome that. That's what I meant. I don't have a No. 1 destination," he said. "I'm looking forward to playing next season and I'm looking forward to whatever jersey I do put on. ... I'm very interested and looking forward to see what the Jazz do."

Boozer was also asked if his past with Jim Paxson might interfere with a potential Jazz-Bulls trade. Paxson, the brother of current Bulls general manager John Paxson and a Chicago consultant, was the general manager of the Cleveland Cavaliers in 2004 when Boozer reportedly went back on his word with then-owner Gordon Gund in order to sign his surprising multi-year deal with Utah.

Rome
07-29-2009, 05:52 PM
I'd tell him to keep his mouth shut too :/

S-Dot
07-29-2009, 05:53 PM
It's only right; it usually doesn't work out well for the player when he starts making comments.

jimbobjarree
07-29-2009, 06:21 PM
he's too dimwitted for these slick reporters putting words in his mouth. Probably one of the biggest numbskulls in the league.

I also think that Odom signing with the Heat is being delayed until they get the trade done for Booz making it a double whammy

JordansBulls
07-29-2009, 10:10 PM
I think it is obvious he gets traded now though.