PDA

View Full Version : Nash Reflects, Rips Gasol Trade

JordansBulls
07-29-2009, 05:27 PM
Source: AZcentral (http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2009/07/28/20090728bickleynash0729.html)

Granted, there will be no such ending for Nash. Unless he is traded, he will join the fraternity of impact players who never won a title, a list that includes Charles Barkley, Karl Malone, John Stockton and Patrick Ewing. That notoriety will follow him for the rest of his life, and on some level, it has to sting.

"You know what? I enjoy life too much to look back a lot," Nash said of the past five years. "I have too much to look forward to each day, too much left to accomplish and work for. Yeah, it's a shame and it hurts, if I take a minute to stop and think about it. But I don't really have any regrets, and I look forward to continuing to improve and being part of a great environment and a great team."

That isn't exactly true. Occasionally, Nash can get bitter, just like the rest of us: "No one gave us Pau Gasol for nothing," he said.

Rome
07-29-2009, 05:29 PM
Haha yikes. This one could get ugly.

king4day
07-29-2009, 05:31 PM
:pity:
I can only see this thread getting ugly

FaceDown91
07-29-2009, 05:33 PM
"No one gave us Pau Gasol for nothing,"

haha this might get a bit ugly.

CowboysKB24
07-29-2009, 05:35 PM
In reality a lot of teams got players for nothing and Nash should only be mad at his front office. They got Shaq and they got worse. They got rid of Marion and gave up more points.

Look at the Celtics, they got KG for nothing. It is honestly sad that he would say something like that to back himself up. He did not get it done because his team was not good enough compared to the others. If he is going to say anything, it should be about his front office not other teams or players.

Afridi786
07-29-2009, 05:37 PM
True, you need to good and be a bit lucky to win in this league...as in lopsided trades like the Gasol deal, salary dumps/youth movements like in the Ray Allen trade, and getting late round studs like Ginobli/Parker. The only team I can think of that didn't have a bit of luck and won the title is Detroit, they had a high draft pick in one of the deepest drafts with tons of superstars and ending up with nothing.

FaceDown91
In reality a lot of teams got players for nothing and Nash should only be mad at his front office. They got Shaq and they got worse. They got rid of Marion and gave up more points.

Look at the Celtics, they got KG for nothing. It is honestly sad that he would say something like that to back himself up. He did not get it done because his team was not good enough compared to the others. If he is going to say anything, it should be about his front office not other teams or players.

t-wolves got al jeff, so i would not say the celtics got kg for nothing. Memphis on the other hand, got a bag of poo lol.

championships
Nash had his chances. Just didnt succeed and their window closed.

RocketsRule
07-29-2009, 05:38 PM
Well it's the truth...

AntiG
07-29-2009, 05:40 PM
Look at the Celtics, they got KG for nothing.

Al Jefferson, one of the best big men in the game, is nothing????? The Celtics gave up 4 prime young talents and 2 1sts to get KG. They gave up a TON for him.

Not even comparable dude, check your facts before you say something that silly.

showtym24
07-29-2009, 05:40 PM
lmao stop crying. Obviously a championship isnt his number goal cause he signed an extension with the suns.

DerekRE_3
07-29-2009, 05:41 PM
Well it's the truth...

Yep.

GoatMilk
07-29-2009, 05:42 PM
i expect him to rip the spurs soon too

RJ for who?

this is no news. let him cry

mjt20mik

Yeah. Minni got a tremendous talent in Al Jefferson.

FaceDown91
lmao stop crying. Obviously a championship isnt his number goal cause he signed an extension with the suns.

good point, i thought that was a terrible move for him if he really wanted a ring.

king4day
07-29-2009, 05:43 PM
i expect him to rip the spurs soon too

RJ for who?

this is no news. let him cry

Exactly. It's not news. But when a thread is created like this, what the hell can anyone expect but for him to get ripped.

Thread needs to be shut down before it turns into a Suns/Lakers fans argument.

thephoenixson28
07-29-2009, 05:45 PM
Well it's the truth... exactly truth hurts. Lets see if orlando gives us dwight for dragic,lopez,and tucker.

Gibby23
07-29-2009, 05:46 PM
exactly truth hurts. Lets see if orlando gives us dwight for dragic,lopez,and tucker.

The truth doesn't hurt, it brings championships.

Rome
07-29-2009, 05:47 PM
Exactly. It's not news. But when a thread is created like this, what the hell can anyone expect but for him to get ripped.

+1. Nash shouldnt of said that. Frustration.

championships
07-29-2009, 05:48 PM

Funny thing is a mod started the thread and just had to throw "Nash rips Pau trade" as part of the title.

S-Dot
07-29-2009, 05:50 PM
Speak your mind Steve...nothing wrong with that; he has earned the respect to do it. No way this thread should get ugly

NYtilIdie
07-29-2009, 05:53 PM
Nash should blame no one, but himself. Nobody made him sign that extension even though he knew Amare could be leaving after the season is over which will really make him regret this decision cause an old J-Rich will be his #2 option.

He better get use to throwing alley-opps to Taylor Griffin and Robin Lopez cause thats going to be the Suns future front court when Amare leaves.

LakersSaintsLSU
07-29-2009, 05:54 PM
this takes me back to when we played them in the first round two years in a row when they had a All-star caliber line up against kobe cuz kobe was the only one doing anything in those series i always felt we were a big man shy from getting them....HEY NASH STOP HATIN U LITTLE TROLL KOBE AND GASOL WILL FIND OUT WHAT U SAID LIKE WHEN SHAQ TALKED ALL THAT **** THEN KOBE DESTROYED HIM IN HIS SUNS DEBUT

championships
07-29-2009, 05:57 PM
I hate when a team trades somebody then the other team just cuts the guy and he ends up with the same team that just traded him.

Rome
07-29-2009, 05:59 PM
Funny thing is a mod started the thread and just had to throw "Nash rips Pau trade" as part of the title.

I found that funny too. Expected it to be worse :rolleyes:

dwadefan03
t-wolves got al jeff, so i would not say the celtics got kg for nothing. Memphis on the other hand, got a bag of poo lol.

actually if you think about it the pau gasol trade wasnt so lopsided. i mean they gave up pau gasol but they got marc gasol in return and hes turned out to be an emerging star. i mean he led all rookies in field goal percentage last year and if you look at his pp48min hes among the leaders there as well. there have been alot of worse trades like a the richard jefferson to SA, jamaal crawford to atlanta trade, etc

thephoenixson28
The truth doesn't hurt, it brings championships. Yeah next its going to be sasha vujacic and D-fisher for Oj mayo, rudy gay, and thabeet.

Trouble87
07-29-2009, 06:00 PM
he was honest... can't blame him for that

Teeboy1487
Nash is a crybaby. He should be mad at the spurs. They are the ones that kick their *** every year. I'm amazed he received 2 MVP awards. Those were Shaq and Kobe awards those years. Oh well, rings speak for themselves.

Gibby23
Yeah next its going to be sasha vujacic and D-fisher for Oj mayo, rudy gay, and thabeet.

Whatever get's that ring.:)

Chaps
07-29-2009, 06:02 PM
what a wuss. he needs to get over it that baby

Go Dodgers!
07-29-2009, 06:04 PM
Maybe if his GM made better trades he wouldn't be so bitter..

Indi23
07-29-2009, 06:05 PM
why start threads like this, i find it funny how a person that is a fan of neither team would do something dumb like this, and i love how suns fans aren't getting involved with this bs can't say the same for 6 or 7 of the lakers posts above. Meh. What are you gonna do, this is gonna be a 20 page hate fest and i continue to hope phx fans just stay out of it.

S-Dot
07-29-2009, 06:06 PM
I'm no die-hard Suns fan, but you have to look at it from Nash's POV. He is in the Wesern Conference and for three straight years from the 2005 season to 2007 season, he carried his team to becoming one of the premiere teams in the league. It's gotta hurt when one of your main competitors in the Western Conference, whom they beat two straight years in the playoffs in 2006 and 2007, is given an all-star caliber big man who helps carry them to the NBA Finals two years straight for nothing in return. Give Nash a break.

Gibby23
07-29-2009, 06:07 PM
why start threads like this, i find it funny how a person that is a fan of neither team would do something dumb like this, and i love how suns fans aren't getting involved with this bs can't say the same for 6 or 7 of the lakers posts above. Meh. What are you gonna do, this is gonna be a 20 page hate fest and i continue to hope phx fans just stay out of it.

There are about 3 or 4 suns fans getting involved. How much do you love it?

USMCLaker
07-29-2009, 06:08 PM

Why make comments like this when you are not a fan of either team? Is it just to take a jab at Laker fans that respond to their teams trade? It sounds like some time for some self-reflection.

Indi23
07-29-2009, 06:10 PM
read my post again.. My main point was asking why in the world start threads like this. I hate it lol. i aint trying start myself especially with all 30,000 of you lakers fans reading and waiting to pounce.

thephoenixson28
07-29-2009, 06:10 PM
Whatever get's that ring.:) mine as well give jerry west a ring too. Laker for life

Indi23
07-29-2009, 06:11 PM
Why make comments like this when you are not a fan of either team? Is it just to take a jab at Laker fans that respond to their teams trade? It sounds like some time for some self-reflection.

Um yeah my avatar is picture of a guy named earl clark who is apart of the suns roster. I guess that makes me a suns fan? No?

Gibby23
07-29-2009, 06:12 PM
mine as well give jerry west a ring too. Laker for life

Yup, they should give the Suns a ring too, because the 2 years they beat the Lakers in the playoffs forced them to make a move.

Indi23
07-29-2009, 06:14 PM
^^ lol ahah

Edit: at this point ill take one of those rings. 12 years watching the suns and still no glory

king4day
Nash is a crybaby. He should be mad at the spurs. They are the ones that kick their *** every year. I'm amazed he received 2 MVP awards. Those were Shaq and Kobe awards those years. Oh well, rings speak for themselves.

You're saying Nash is a crybaby, yet you complain that Kobe and Shaq didn't win MVP.
If the role was reversed, as a Suns fan, I would be silent since I knew my team just won a ring. Instead, people wonder why a lot of LA fans are loathed.

USMCLaker
read my post again.. My main point was asking why in the world start threads like this. I hate it lol. i aint trying start myself especially with all 30,000 of you lakers fans reading and waiting to pounce.

Can hardly call my response pouncing.

However, pouncing does sound like fun, guess I'll wait for my girlfriend to get home before I commensurate the pouncing. That's the only pouncing that I'm going to do today btw, Nash is entitled to his point of view.

Ragun
Well it's the truth...

not exactly. memphis did get the other gasol and darrell arthur and dumped salary but they could of easily gotten more

USMCLaker
07-29-2009, 06:16 PM
Um yeah my avatar is picture of a guy named earl clark who is apart of the suns roster. I guess that makes me a suns fan? No?

I wouldn't know who Earl Clark is now I really understand why Nash is pissed.

mrblisterdundee
07-29-2009, 06:17 PM
Nash had his chances. Just didnt succeed and their window closed.

Nash's closest chance of succeeding was stopped by Robert Horry breaking open his nose. Not only did that knock Nash off balance the rest of the game, but it got Amare fired up, which eventually got him ejected from the next game. If he didn't have to deal with that while leading his team, I think the results might have been different. I know it's stupid looking back on one event as a finality, but Horry's foul massively affected the Suns franchise.

FaceDown91
07-29-2009, 06:19 PM
Yeah next its going to be sasha vujacic and D-fisher for Oj mayo, rudy gay, and thabeet.

but the difference is, memphis kill the lakers in that trade :p

fairandbalanced
he is right.......who in their right mind will trade Gasol for lung cancer?...I meant Kwame Brown. You probably won't find any other team that will do that.

Indi23
^^ lol a rookie, we just drafted. Im not here to start fighting or "pouncing" i just want to say that nash shouldnt be flamed, or called a cry baby im sure nash was using the gasol trade as example to send a msg to the F0 that he isnt here to babysit anyone and he obviously still wants to win.

Go Dodgers!
No Laker fan should be bothered by Nash's comment if anything its a shot at Memphis they accepted the Gasol trade, Its like getting mad at someone for finding money in a garbage can..

USMCLaker
07-29-2009, 06:22 PM
^^ lol a rookie, we just drafted. Im not here to start fighting or "pouncing" i just want to say that nash shouldnt be flamed, or called a cry baby im sure nash was using the gasol trade as example to send a msg to the F0 that he isnt here to babysit anyone and he obviously still wants to win.

I got an idea to throw at Danny Ferry: How bout trade for Kwame Brown and than once you get Kwame Brown trade him to Memphis for Marc Gasol. Maybe that might make Nash happy.

USMCLaker
07-29-2009, 06:23 PM
No Laker fan should be bothered by Nash's comment if anything its a shot at Memphis they accepted the Gasol trade, Its like getting mad at someone for finding money in a garbage can..

I agree. Helll, we would be pisssed if the spurs got Gasol for a bag of chips.

ARMIN12NBA
07-29-2009, 06:24 PM
Memphis got what they wanted: Cap space, Marc Gasol, and draft picks.

Sure, the Lakers won out, but Gasol was wearing out his welcome which was most apparent by the fans turning on him. Memphis made the right deal for their franchise and their situation economically.

WestCoastSportz
07-29-2009, 06:25 PM
What Nash doesn't understand that it wasn't for nothing. What kind of success has Memphis had with Pau Gasol? 1 playoff year and the last 4 with him missing serious time due to injury. Lets face it, Gasol is best suited as a role playing star next to someone like Kobe, Lebron or Pierce. He's not going to take a team deep by himself. The Grizzlies got a $10M expiring contract in Kwame Brown and a young piece (at the time) in Javaris Crittenton. So, the Lakers didn't give up nothing to get Gasol.

The Hornets gave away their best player, Baron Davis, for Dale Davis and Speedy Claxton. This gave them the financial freedom to re-sign David West without penalties and eventually leading them to suck so bad that they got Chris Paul in the draft. Look at them now! Don't undersestimate the value of getting expiring contracts.

SunsFanIam
07-29-2009, 06:26 PM
Nash's closest chance of succeeding was stopped by Robert Horry breaking open his nose. Not only did that knock Nash off balance the rest of the game, but it got Amare fired up, which eventually got him ejected from the next game. If he didn't have to deal with that while leading his team, I think the results might have been different. I know it's stupid looking back on one event as a finality, but Horry's foul massively affected the Suns franchise.

Horry didnt break his nose, Horry knocked him into the scores table. Tony parker did the nose.

dre1990
07-29-2009, 06:26 PM

x2

ARMIN12NBA
07-29-2009, 06:27 PM
he is right.......who in their right mind will trade Gasol for lung cancer?...I meant Kwame Brown. You probably won't find any other team that will do that.

Sure you could. Many teams in the NBA wanted Kwame Brown of 08. Kwame of 08 equaled a 9 million dollar expiring contract.

USMCLaker
07-29-2009, 06:28 PM
Here is something that might make you feel better:

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=391198

USMCLaker
07-29-2009, 06:30 PM

Sure, the Lakers won out, but Gasol was wearing out his welcome which was most apparent by the fans turning on him. Memphis made the right deal for their franchise and their situation economically.

And actually Kupchak said it himself that Memphis pushed for this deal once they heard that the Lakers were shopping Kwame Brown because it was the biggest expiring contract at the time. That's why I laugh when I hear Laker fans give Mitch so much credit when clearly it was Memphis who did not want much in return or they would not have done the deal.

RaiderLakersA's
07-29-2009, 06:32 PM
No one gave us Pau Gasol for nothing...

No, but they did give you an MVP one year when you clearly didn't deserve it.

S-Dot
07-29-2009, 06:35 PM

Nash deserved both those MVP awards

thephoenixson28
07-29-2009, 06:43 PM
I agree. Helll, we would be pisssed if the spurs got Gasol for a bag of chips. My cousin is from the marines but I still hate the lakers.

Hawkeye15
07-29-2009, 07:05 PM

exactly. Sometimes, trades don't make sense on the basketball court, or to fans, but the Grizz did what the had to. They were getting swept out of the playoffs every year, had a stagnant roster, and the fans of Memphis were turning on Gasol.

USMCLaker
07-29-2009, 07:07 PM
We can discuss the Gasol Kwame trade, cap space, future pics, yada, yada, yada, till we are blue in the face but I think one thing that we can all agree upon is that God is a Laker fan.

RaiderLakersA's
07-29-2009, 07:11 PM
Nash deserved both those MVP awards

Sure, because he's comparable to other players who have won multiple MVP's.

/endsarcasm

Ripper Gein
07-29-2009, 07:17 PM
You're saying Nash is a crybaby, yet you complain that Kobe and Shaq didn't win MVP.
If the role was reversed, as a Suns fan, I would be silent since I knew my team just won a ring. Instead, people wonder why a lot of LA fans are loathed.

Cuz were the BEST fans on earth, Bar none!:D

Bashna
07-29-2009, 07:18 PM

You know, being an idiot is fun and all, but pretending to be mentally handicapped by saying things like this, is just pitiful.

theimortalone
07-29-2009, 07:20 PM
I got an idea to throw at Danny Ferry: How bout trade for Kwame Brown and than once you get Kwame Brown trade him to Memphis for Marc Gasol. Maybe that might make Nash happy.

Lol what the hell does Danny Ferry have to do with the Phoenix Suns organization? Wrong team maybe? :crazy:

lorenz00
07-29-2009, 07:20 PM
nash still my fav nba player

USMCLaker
07-29-2009, 07:23 PM
Lol what the hell does Danny Ferry have to do with the Phoenix Suns organization? Wrong team maybe? :crazy:

Well I meant lil Stevie Kerr, I guess I was thinking about beating the Cavs this year hopefully in the finals.

USMCLaker
07-29-2009, 07:24 PM
nash still my fav nba player

I don't understand all the hate coming from the Laker fans here.

Laker fans would love to have him on our squad.

theimortalone
07-29-2009, 07:25 PM
Well I meant lil Stevie Kerr, I guess I was thinking about beating the Cavs this year hopefully in the finals.

haha okay gotcha!

Bashna
07-29-2009, 07:32 PM
Sure, because he's comparable to other players who have won multiple MVP's.

/endsarcasm

Good job showing you know nothing of basketball, being awarded titles and such doesn't mean you're automatically supposed to be as good, better, or comparable to other people who've won similar things, that's just idiotic. It's obvious you're a really terrible fan, and give all laker fans a bad name...It's really no wonder everyone hates laker fans. Lastly, Kobe won an MVP, does that mean he should be compared to shaq? No, hes a SG, shaq's a C. Nash is a pass-first PG, does that mean he should be compared to Jordan, Lebron, Shaq, Bill russel, Larry Bird, Karl malone, KG, Wilt Chamberlin, Oscar Robertson, or Tim duncan? Is he better than any of these players? Probably not, but just aswell, it's very hard to compare such completely different types of players so, we'll leave subjectivity aside. As for Pass-first guards who've won MVP, there really aren't many. I suppose you could make an argument for Iverson or Magic, but even so, Iverson is never/will never be a pass-first guard, and magic is magic, it's hard to place such an amazing player into 1category like that. So, Saying Nash isn't/wasn't worthy of those MVP awards is ridiculously ignorant, he's basically alone in being awarded MVP's for being a Pass-first guard, and i believe thats more than most can say. So please, get off Kobe's dick, Nash earned it over kobe that year.

(Sorry for wall of text)

Bashna
07-29-2009, 07:35 PM
I don't understand all the hate coming from the Laker fans here.

Laker fans would love to have him on our squad.

This is not directed at all lakers fans, but a select few are bitter, stupid, and are stuck on there high horse. It's common sense the Gasol trade was in HUGE favor of the Lakers, not to say the Grizzlies were ripped off, they took the offer, its their fault, not the lakers. Sometimes, its better to be Lucky than skilled (At trading anyway ^^).

SteveNash
07-29-2009, 07:36 PM

Yeah, it's a good thing they did that trade too.

Without all that capspace, they wouldn't have been able to get ZACH RANDOLPH!

Living Legend
07-29-2009, 07:38 PM
Nash needs to shut his mouf

jojoe1188
07-29-2009, 07:38 PM

yes a 21 year old double double machine is nothing do u watch basketball?

Hawkeye15
07-29-2009, 07:39 PM
Yeah, it's a good thing they did that trade too.

Without all that capspace, they wouldn't have been able to get ZACH RANDOLPH!

well, but in theory, Memphis made a good trade. They were going nowhere. But, this is Memphis. They continued to make bad decisions with the options that getting rid of Gasol gave them. Now, they have a nice young core, but it remains to be seen if they will keep them all, and picking Thabeet was ridiculous in my mind, but in reality, to rebuild, they got what they could expect from a 2nd tier PF who proved he couldn't lead a team to a playoff series victory

Hawkeye15
07-29-2009, 07:40 PM

hey there, I am Al Jefferson, the best offensive low post player in the NBA, at 24. Have we met?
Get real dude.

SeoulBeatz
07-29-2009, 07:50 PM

al jefferson?... smh... wow...

lol i shouldve known from ur name Cowboys KB24, u must be a bandwagon fan rather than a true bball fan.

KB24PG16
07-29-2009, 07:53 PM
he should say that to his gm

Sport
07-29-2009, 07:57 PM

Wow, do some research or something.

We got Jefferson who is an upcoming star, and Ryan Gomes who is a nice asset for us.

Considering it was trade him or lose him for nothing, I say we made out nicely.

Rome
07-29-2009, 08:02 PM
Yea Al is nothing.

:badidea:

FlakeyFool
07-29-2009, 08:06 PM
Hes a two time MVP, he can say what ever the hell he wants

BkOriginalOne
07-29-2009, 08:16 PM
Would anyone do this trade?
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=nyvmx8

Lakers_ftw
07-29-2009, 08:18 PM
He's at the end of his career, and without a championship to show for. As a Laker fan, i can understand his frustration of Lakers who were already elite-only to get better with that trade. Having alot of Laker fans that live in Phoenix doesn't help either.

playa6816
07-29-2009, 08:19 PM
actually if you think about it the pau gasol trade wasnt so lopsided. i mean they gave up pau gasol but they got marc gasol in return and hes turned out to be an emerging star. i mean he led all rookies in field goal percentage last year and if you look at his pp48min hes among the leaders there as well. there have been alot of worse trades like a the richard jefferson to SA, jamaal crawford to atlanta trade, etc

Yes but at that time no one knew what Marc could do. He was a big nobody. A question mark. But everyone knew what Lamar Odom could do. Everyone knew what Derek Fisher could do. Everyone knew what Sasha Vuvic could do.

So when it comes to Marc its really irrelevant because he was a total surprise.

playa6816
07-29-2009, 08:23 PM

exactly! preach it brother! Its somethin about that city LA...it seems to make people into A holes.

Beno7500
07-29-2009, 08:25 PM
I agree with Nash

playa6816
07-29-2009, 08:26 PM

Unless the owner is a Laker lover. But yes it was probably one of the most if not thee most lopsided rape oh i mean trade if u can even call it that...in the history of the NBA.

playa6816
07-29-2009, 08:29 PM

I seriously doubt that Memphis knew what they were getting in Marc. As far as cap space and picks, many other teams could have packaged way better assets and talent in return.

No thats just a cover up for the laker loving owner of the Grizzles.

showtime5
07-29-2009, 08:29 PM
Good job showing you know nothing of basketball, being awarded titles and such doesn't mean you're automatically supposed to be as good, better, or comparable to other people who've won similar things, that's just idiotic. It's obvious you're a really terrible fan, and give all laker fans a bad name...It's really no wonder everyone hates laker fans. Lastly, Kobe won an MVP, does that mean he should be compared to shaq? No, hes a SG, shaq's a C. Nash is a pass-first PG, does that mean he should be compared to Jordan, Lebron, Shaq, Bill russel, Larry Bird, Karl malone, KG, Wilt Chamberlin, Oscar Robertson, or Tim duncan? Is he better than any of these players? Probably not, but just aswell, it's very hard to compare such completely different types of players so, we'll leave subjectivity aside. As for Pass-first guards who've won MVP, there really aren't many. I suppose you could make an argument for Iverson or Magic, but even so, Iverson is never/will never be a pass-first guard, and magic is magic, it's hard to place such an amazing player into 1category like that. So, Saying Nash isn't/wasn't worthy of those MVP awards is ridiculously ignorant, he's basically alone in being awarded MVP's for being a Pass-first guard, and i believe thats more than most can say. So please, get off Kobe's dick, Nash earned it over kobe that year.

(Sorry for wall of text)

This has got to be the most truthful and logical posts that I have seen in this thread excluding the hilarious part at the end. But, it's true, Nash received those MVP awards for excitement and newness he brought to the game at the time. Nash made it exciting again to watch a person pass the basketball, and not necessarily shoot it.

playa6816
07-29-2009, 08:32 PM
What Nash doesn't understand that it wasn't for nothing. What kind of success has Memphis had with Pau Gasol? 1 playoff year and the last 4 with him missing serious time due to injury. Lets face it, Gasol is best suited as a role playing star next to someone like Kobe, Lebron or Pierce. He's not going to take a team deep by himself. The Grizzlies got a $10M expiring contract in Kwame Brown and a young piece (at the time) in Javaris Crittenton. So, the Lakers didn't give up nothing to get Gasol.

The Hornets gave away their best player, Baron Davis, for Dale Davis and Speedy Claxton. This gave them the financial freedom to re-sign David West without penalties and eventually leading them to suck so bad that they got Chris Paul in the draft. Look at them now! Don't undersestimate the value of getting expiring contracts.

I dare you tell that to guys like Patrick Ewing and Charles Barkley. Just because it would make sense for the player dont mean a damn thing. Its was best for the team making the trade. Kwame and Javaris is complete rubbish. Which is equal to nothing.

Indi23
07-29-2009, 08:35 PM
Would anyone do this trade?
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=nyvmx8

Yo i have my lucky pen with me where do i sign? two expirings one in which is a questionable player with potenital. But i think we wont do this as Jrich will be our 2nd leading scorer.

ziglur
07-29-2009, 08:37 PM
I wondered about this trade also I figured the NBA wants L.A. in the championships cause thats where the money is. I think Nash saying what he said is ok and dont blame him for feeling that way. Boston and L.A. both got good deals and I think it was planned that way cause of money. They want to ressurect Bird and Johnson cause the NBA is getting pretty boring.

playa6816
07-29-2009, 08:41 PM
He's at the end of his career, and without a championship to show for. As a Laker fan, i can understand his frustration of Lakers who were already elite-only to get better with that trade. Having alot of Laker fans that live in Phoenix doesn't help either.

Lakers elite before the Gasol rape? I dont think so. Better do your research.

_Supreme_
07-29-2009, 08:45 PM
I can only see this thread getting ugly

I agree.

But Nash is right though. The NBA has become a big joke with all these fishy things going on.

Lakers_ftw
07-29-2009, 08:45 PM
Lakers elite before the Gasol rape? I dont think so. Better do your research. Do you remember what place the Lakers were before the trade? They were fighting for 1st place in West.

still1ballin
07-29-2009, 08:48 PM
boo hoo

RaptorizedKevin
07-29-2009, 08:53 PM
poor steve nash, i wish he could be a contender.. poor man worked his *** off his whole life. he can play soccer bbal and BREAK DANCE.

I think someone with his caliber needs to be in a winining team at least once.. look at derek fisher? he wasnt so great. he leeched off shaq and kobes strivance and talent, to gain 4 rings. He may have some leadership, toughness, and ability to make clutch shots, but i think alot of other people do the same and were neve in his situation.. and over time his bond with bryant became beetter so.. people like him dont deserve all those rings? one more and he can have one on all his chubby fingers

2011ouryear
07-29-2009, 09:07 PM

bingo

king4day
07-29-2009, 09:22 PM
Do you remember what place the Lakers were before the trade? They were fighting for 1st place in West.

So was Denver, but they weren't elite.
There are 5 current elite teams in Boston, Orlando, Cleveland, LA, San Antonio.
Denver and Portland are on the bubble. Just because you're fighting for first, or in first, doesn't mean you are a title contender.

40oz
07-29-2009, 09:23 PM
The article seems edited.
But any how you look at it...who gives a sheet about 2 years ago...Also, didn't he say he don't look back. Smell like another bad journalist.

and..AZ Central sucks in reporting, way to biased.

Teeboy1487
07-29-2009, 09:27 PM
poor steve nash, i wish he could be a contender.. poor man worked his *** off his whole life. he can play soccer bbal and BREAK DANCE.

I think someone with his caliber needs to be in a winining team at least once.. look at derek fisher? he wasnt so great. he leeched off shaq and kobes strivance and talent, to gain 4 rings. He may have some leadership, toughness, and ability to make clutch shots, but i think alot of other people do the same and were neve in his situation.. and over time his bond with bryant became beetter so.. people like him dont deserve all those rings? one more and he can have one on all his chubby fingers Derek deserved every ring he got because he help us win those championships with his big shots. I guess that logic is expected coming from a raptors fan. Nash had his chance at rings, but his teams could not get pass the spurs. It's how you win, not what you deserve. Quite frankly, he never earned a ring so he does not deserve one.

BoltLakerPadre
07-29-2009, 09:31 PM
Yes but at that time no one knew what Marc could do. He was a big nobody. A question mark. But everyone knew what Lamar Odom could do. Everyone knew what Derek Fisher could do. Everyone knew what Sasha Vuvic could do.

So when it comes to Marc its really irrelevant because he was a total surprise.

Is that some kind of joke? You don't honestly believe that NBA front offices, men in charge of teams worth 1/2 billion dollars don't have scouts and don't do research before they trade for a player. They weigh their options and make the best choice for their organization as they can.

Marc Gasol may have been a bit of an unknown and he may have been a complete surprise to you, but the Griz did have some idea what they were getting in return.

CowboysKB24
07-29-2009, 09:33 PM

Was Al Jefferson anything at all when he was traded to the Wolves? NO, nowhere near a HOF KG. Please don't tell me that was not a steal.

CowboysKB24
07-29-2009, 09:41 PM
This thread is stupid.

Anyone who does not like the Lakers rips the Gasol trade.

Bottom line is Lakers FO made a great move and it brought them the championship!!! GO LAKERS!!!

king4day
07-29-2009, 09:41 PM
Was Al Jefferson anything at all when he was traded to the Wolves? NO, nowhere near a HOF KG. Please don't tell me that was not a steal.

AJ wasn't an allstar then but everyone knew it was a big risk by Boston to trade their future in that deal.
It wasn't a steal, it was really just as good a deal as Minny was going to get. If I was a Wolves fan at the time, I would have been content with it.
As a Griz fan, I would be disappointed in really getting nothing back.
Gasol is good, but he'll never be his brother and Arthur is still a long way off before we know how good he will or can be.

king4day
07-29-2009, 09:45 PM
This thread is stupid.

Bottom line is Lakers FO made a great move and it brought them the championship!!! GO LAKERS!!!

Lakers fans know it was a steal. There's nothing wrong with that. LA was the first team to pounce and the pieces fit. Has nothing to do with a hatred towards the team.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-29-2009, 10:01 PM
Tons of teams are getting steals nowadays. But for some reason, lots of people only remember the Lakers getting better for free. Spurs got Jefferson in-spite of the Popovich commission. Who did the Cavs give up for Mo Williams? Who did they give up to get Shaq? How did the Hawks get Crawford? Why did the Clippers get Zach Randolph for scrap metal? And then sell him for scrap iron? Who did the Magic give up to get Vince Carter?

Lakers gave up 2 first round draft picks, a good player in Gasol, and Javaris Crittenton. They gave the Grizz the ability to shed $11 million dollars off their payroll. Which is what many teams are doing nowadays. Memphis was just ahead of the curve. They did not want high priced talent back because they could not afford to pay them. Everyone got what they wanted. Except the rest of the league and other teams fans. I bet you all were praying the Lakers were going to suck for a long time. I bet you would not have minded if the Grizzlies traded Gasol to the Sonics for whatever scrap they had on their team at the time.

Nash and everyone else should get over it. If no other team since the Gasol trade had not made a trade just to dump salary, I would understand the animosity. But now that it has happened over and over again, and will probably happen again, I think we should all just let it go.

Hellcrooner
07-29-2009, 10:06 PM
sorry to tell you Stevie but uh wasnt Stoudamire supposed to be better than pau? a lot of fans still think so and gues wht he was in your team....

jimm120
07-29-2009, 10:13 PM

But those two other trades were VERY different.

Richard Jefferson to the Spurs and Jamaal Crawford to Atlanta were for salary cap relief efforts. At least the other teams got that.

Gasol to the Lakers is completely different. Memphis was NOT in salary cap woes. Gasol was "cheap" enough to still own or trade for A LOT (kind of like KG, just a bit less). Marc might be working out a little but but it doesn't take away from the fact that that was a stinker from the beginning.

Just think of it like the Mets trading Scot Kazmir to the Rays for Victor Zambrano. Everyone knew it was a pile of poop that the Mets got. Actually, this was much worse because Kazmir at that time was still a prospect. This would actually be trading Kazmir from last year or 2 years ago for Victor Zambrano. Already in the majors and producing like a #1 pitcher...and traded for a pile of poop.

Honestly, Gasol should have brought Memphis 2 1st rounders or 1 first rounder...but very high picks, not such low picks (which it was obvious that it'd be a low pick). AND it should have brought back at least 2 players, 1 being young and talented and able to become a star (kind of like Rudy Gay). But the trade did not. All they got was 2 late round 1st round picks and 1 guy (Marc) which would have been the ideal 2nd guy in the "real" deal.

Hellcrooner
07-29-2009, 10:18 PM
I dont think grizzlies did not know what they were getting in Marc Gasol i mean they pay people to scout out there and im pretty sure the starting center in the world championship winning team shoudl ahve attracted some attention?

and more since when the trae took place he was leading spanish league mvp race ( wich he finally won) given that other sapnish league mvps come by the name of Pau, Scola, Petrovic, sabonis or Charlie Bell i guess someone should have been looking...

not to mention that if some fan was talking about the dude for three years and psd to the disbelief and mockery of other posters he may not be an unknown to pros....

jakesmail123
07-29-2009, 10:48 PM
Source: AZcentral (http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2009/07/28/20090728bickleynash0729.html)

its the truth. nba wanted to see the lakers succeed

More-Than-Most
07-29-2009, 10:53 PM
This thread is stupid.

More like everyone besides the Lakers rips the Gasol trade.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-29-2009, 10:57 PM
But those two other trades were VERY different.

Richard Jefferson to the Spurs and Jamaal Crawford to Atlanta were for salary cap relief efforts. At least the other teams got that.

Gasol to the Lakers is completely different. Memphis was NOT in salary cap woes. Gasol was "cheap" enough to still own or trade for A LOT (kind of like KG, just a bit less). Marc might be working out a little but but it doesn't take away from the fact that that was a stinker from the beginning.

Just think of it like the Mets trading Scot Kazmir to the Rays for Victor Zambrano. Everyone knew it was a pile of poop that the Mets got. Actually, this was much worse because Kazmir at that time was still a prospect. This would actually be trading Kazmir from last year or 2 years ago for Victor Zambrano. Already in the majors and producing like a #1 pitcher...and traded for a pile of poop.

Honestly, Gasol should have brought Memphis 2 1st rounders or 1 first rounder...but very high picks, not such low picks (which it was obvious that it'd be a low pick). AND it should have brought back at least 2 players, 1 being young and talented and able to become a star (kind of like Rudy Gay). But the trade did not. All they got was 2 late round 1st round picks and 1 guy (Marc) which would have been the ideal 2nd guy in the "real" deal.

What the hell are you talking about? Gasol made more than Crawford and Jefferson. Memphis is a very small market team. And they did get salary cap relief. Your three for three in dumb points. Would you like to go 4 for 4?

JJ_JKidd
07-29-2009, 10:59 PM

He should diss Kerr instead. :smoking:

Rome
07-29-2009, 11:03 PM
This thread turned out how i expected :pity:

dodie53
07-29-2009, 11:14 PM
nash is just stating his opinion

Lakersfan2483
07-29-2009, 11:17 PM
Only losers make statements like Nash made. Nash has had ample opportunities to win and failed to close the deal. Let's list the loaded teams he's been on shall we; he was on Dallas and played with Dirk Nowitzki, A. Jamison, M. Finley, N. Van Exel, J. Stackhouse, and A. Walker. He's had the fortune of playing with Amare, Joe Johnson, Shawn Marion, R. Bell, B. Diaw, Shaq, and G. Hill. He's had some very talented teams and failed to win when it matters, so it makes him look bad when he's whining about another team's success due to a major trade.

cowboyz180
07-29-2009, 11:39 PM

celtics gave up nothing?????:confused: They gave up al jefferson, a future all star!!!

Duncan = Donkey
07-29-2009, 11:52 PM
i dont know what the big deal is, the lakers did get gasol for nothing.

Hellcrooner
07-30-2009, 12:16 AM
the suns got Barkley for nothing and no one said anything

tr4shb0t
07-30-2009, 01:20 AM
Nash should just come play for the Lakers...problem solved

Duncan = Donkey
07-30-2009, 01:28 AM
the suns got Barkley for nothing and no one said anything

??? nothing ??? what are you talking about

philly got jeff hornacek our leading scorer and tim perry and andrew lang who were both good role players. Especially perry.

hardly comparible to the gasol trade.

#1Mavericksfan
07-30-2009, 01:35 AM
Thank you Steve Nash for saying what all of us non-Lakers fans was thinking....the Grizz just handed the Lakers Gasol and if Odom walk's expect another lopsided trade with the Lakers.

Lakergirl24
07-30-2009, 01:38 AM
when people make comments like that its only cause they are jealous. So many like to hate on the lakers, but if i recall it seems the cavs just got a lopsided trade this summer as did the spurs.

IAMLordRaider
07-30-2009, 01:39 AM
All those teams who felt the Lakers got over on Memphis, should have offered something better. It was not like Gasol made Memphis winners. All the cry babies like SA could have gotten him if they were really interested.

Ripper Gein
07-30-2009, 01:40 AM
its the truth. nba wanted to see the lakers succeed

That is why I LOVE L.A

AntiG
07-30-2009, 01:44 AM

Everyone who was not ignorant knew Jefferson was the next big thing. He was a beast already before he got traded.

#1Mavericksfan
07-30-2009, 01:45 AM
when people make comments like that its only cause they are jealous. So many like to hate on the lakers, but if i recall it seems the cavs just got a lopsided trade this summer as did the spurs.

Are you really comparing a young Pau Gasol who was 28 years old when the Lakers got him to a 37 year old Shaq who's past his prime?.....

Lakergirl24
07-30-2009, 01:50 AM
Are you really comparing a young Pau Gasol who was 28 years old when the Lakers got him to a 37 year old Shaq who's past his prime?.....

No im not comparing. My point is, theres a lot of teams that make lopsided trades. More power to those teams for pulling it off. Instead of other teams whining about how unfair it is, then those teams should have been on the phone trying to do the same.

Spurred1
07-30-2009, 02:04 AM
No im not comparing. My point is, theres a lot of teams that make lopsided trades. More power to those teams for pulling it off. Instead of other teams whining about how unfair it is, then those teams should have been on the phone trying to do the same.

How do you know they weren't trying to do the same? Some teams just don't have what another one needs or wants.

As for the statements by Nash-well, I understand where he's coming from. But the Grizzlies realized that Gasol was not the franchise player they'd hoped for and Gasol wanted to be traded. No reason to stay together-neither side would benefit.
The team was also in a bit of a financial bind, so my guess is they looked around, made inquiries, and maybe the Lakers had the best offer-they provided the financial relief the Grizzlies wanted. Grizzlies weren't forced to accept the Lakers' deal. But it was a hell of a deal for the Lakers.
The Spurs/Bucks and Suns/Cavs trades weren't steals either-each team benefited either by receiving a good player or expirings/players that could easily be bought out.

Bashna
07-30-2009, 02:29 AM
Only losers make statements like Nash made. Nash has had ample opportunities to win and failed to close the deal. Let's list the loaded teams he's been on shall we; he was on Dallas and played with Dirk Nowitzki, A. Jamison, M. Finley, N. Van Exel, J. Stackhouse, and A. Walker. He's had the fortune of playing with Amare, Joe Johnson, Shawn Marion, R. Bell, B. Diaw, Shaq, and G. Hill. He's had some very talented teams and failed to win when it matters, so it makes him look bad when he's whining about another team's success due to a major trade.

Loser statements as barring the truth? yeah sure, everyone know's it was a steal, you know it was a steal, you just don't want to admit it...And it's not a bad thing that it was a steal, there no conspiracy behind it. And yes Nash has had some Very talented teams, but with multiple random infractions via other teams/calls from Stern that threw those chances out the window (we won't go further into that) but to say he's "whining" is ridiculous. If he was whining he would be saying "Wow why don't we get traded Lebron for Lopez and then we can win a championship because those laker *****es get lucky all the time" No...Sorry, you're wrong.

playa6816
07-30-2009, 05:31 AM
i dont know what the big deal is, the lakers did get gasol for nothing.

exactly

playa6816
07-30-2009, 05:33 AM
All those teams who felt the Lakers got over on Memphis, should have offered something better. It was not like Gasol made Memphis winners. All the cry babies like SA could have gotten him if they were really interested.

Many teams made attempts and offered much better deals then the LOSS Angeless Lakers. The Bulls for one were pursuing Gasol for a long time instead Memphis shunned for kwame garbage brown and nobody critteron and low picks.

dodie53
07-30-2009, 05:35 AM
Nash should just come play for the Lakers...problem solved

i kinda like your idea
:)

playa6816
07-30-2009, 05:37 AM
i kinda like your idea
:)

Well sure Nash can play for the Lakers in exchange for Artest, Gasol and Sasha. hahaha Then maybe the Gasol for kwame brown wont look so bad after that.

playa6816
07-30-2009, 05:39 AM

None of those so called lopsided trades come even close to the Gasol raping from LA.

Suns113
07-30-2009, 05:40 AM
Wow more lakers fans here than i thought, anyways you all know it was a steal, be happy about it. Nash isnt whining like all the lakers fans R saying, telling the truth isnt whining. Its not even that big of a deal, so much hate.

playa6816
07-30-2009, 05:56 AM
Is that some kind of joke? You don't honestly believe that NBA front offices, men in charge of teams worth 1/2 billion dollars don't have scouts and don't do research before they trade for a player. They weigh their options and make the best choice for their organization as they can.

Marc Gasol may have been a bit of an unknown and he may have been a complete surprise to you, but the Griz did have some idea what they were getting in return.

Perhaps but he was still a prospect with ZERO nba experience. Many guys come from other countries and are supposedly good at this and that but when they come to the NBA they just cant hang with the real pro's.

My point was that the Grizzles could and should have gotten ALOT more then they did Marc Gasol aside. Even NBA experts said nothing about Marc. Steven A smith said it best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8j9nsqv9m6M

absolutely hilarious

dee279
07-30-2009, 06:02 AM
Everyone who was not ignorant knew Jefferson was the next big thing. He was a beast already before he got traded.

I agree with your post.

JayW_1023
07-30-2009, 07:09 AM
Nash doesn't deserve the crap he gets from alot of posters here. The real reason why people diminish his achievements is because he doesn't fit the typical hip-hop hoops baller profile. He doesn't dunk, pound his chest or does interviews in Dime magazine bragging about being the best.

Nash is a modest guy who always diminishes his individual achievements in favor of team accomplishments. He definately deserved those MVP awards because he was the sole reason for his teams success. Guys like Marion and Stoudemire would be perennial losers if it weren't for Nash, and he is prolly the reason they are still valued relatively high.

People knock him for not winning any rings, but since when do you HAVE to win a ring to be considered a great. Might as well call Malone, Stockton, Reggie Miller and those guys losers as well. I'm a Spurs fan, and even though we sorta had the Suns number, Nash deserves respect because he is one of the few good guys the league has left.

Law25
07-30-2009, 07:37 AM
[QUOTE=Bashna;10333531]Good job showing you know nothing of basketball, being awarded titles and such doesn't mean you're automatically supposed to be as good, better, or comparable to other people who've won similar things, that's just idiotic. It's obvious you're a really terrible fan, and give all laker fans a bad name...It's really no wonder everyone hates laker fans. Lastly, Kobe won an MVP, does that mean he should be compared to shaq? No, hes a SG, shaq's a C. Nash is a pass-first PG, does that mean he should be compared to Jordan, Lebron, Shaq, Bill russel, Larry Bird, Karl malone, KG, Wilt Chamberlin, Oscar Robertson, or Tim duncan? Is he better than any of these players? Probably not, but just aswell, it's very hard to compare such completely different types of players so, we'll leave subjectivity aside. As for Pass-first guards who've won MVP, there really aren't many. I suppose you could make an argument for Iverson or Magic, but even so, Iverson is never/will never be a pass-first guard, and magic is magic, it's hard to place such an amazing player into 1category like that. So, Saying Nash isn't/wasn't worthy of those MVP awards is ridiculously ignorant, he's basically alone in being awarded MVP's for being a Pass-first guard, and i believe thats more than most can say. So please, get off Kobe's dick, Nash earned it over kobe that year. :mad:

Im not an Nash Hater, but it was an personal attack on Kobe that year from voters. I feel sorry for Wade , because its an big part of why he didnt get it this year. They reset the standard of the MVP with Kobe, and forced themselves to stick with it :rolleyes: Can you imagine the amount of crap that would have started had Wade won it. Back to my point. Kobe was doing amazing things that year, and they gave it to the best runner up that year. I honestly lost 50$ on Nash this summer. I was so damn sure he was goona find some way on the Knicks. :D

ant333t
07-30-2009, 08:12 AM
Of course Steve Nash is angry and bitter that he hasnt won a championship and he should be. However, he should direct his anger towards the people in the Suns front office for being both inept and cheap. During the past 5 or 6 years look at the players the Suns have drafted and traded on draft night.

2004 - Traded the draft rights of Luol Deng to Chicago.
2005 - Traded the draft rights of Rajon Rondo to Boston
2007 - Traded the draft rights of Rudy Fernandez to Portland

Sorry Steve dont hate the Lakers for being one of the best run organizations in the league and able to pounce on a deal when given the opportunity. Blame Mike D'Antonio and the owner Mr. Sarver for failing to do the same. Imagine the Suns with Deng and Rondo during their championship runs. Oh wait..imagine not.

skinsfan4life80
07-30-2009, 08:23 AM
Nash stop crying. I cant think of a point guard who has played with more talent and won nothing at all. In Dallas he had a team with Jamison coming off the bench a year after he avg 24 points a game. Dirk, A.Walker, Finley,Howard, Amare, Joe Johnson, Shawn Marrion, Q.Richardson,..like how much talent does this guy want? He has never even made the finals. When he played the lakers in the first round him and Amare were first team all NBA..first team..and Marrion was third..mean while the Lakers were starting Smush Parker, Kwame Brown, and Luke Walton..he was complaining about matchups then.

azkarraga
07-30-2009, 08:25 AM
Nash doesn't deserve the crap he gets from alot of posters here. The real reason why people diminish his achievements is because he doesn't fit the typical hip-hop hoops baller profile. He doesn't dunk, pound his chest or does interviews in Dime magazine bragging about being the best.

Nash is a modest guy who always diminishes his individual achievements in favor of team accomplishments. He definately deserved those MVP awards because he was the sole reason for his teams success. Guys like Marion and Stoudemire would be perennial losers if it weren't for Nash, and he is prolly the reason they are still valued relatively high.

People knock him for not winning any rings, but since when do you HAVE to win a ring to be considered a great. Might as well call Malone, Stockton, Reggie Miller and those guys losers as well. I'm a Spurs fan, and even though we sorta had the Suns number, Nash deserves respect because he is one of the few good guys the league has left.

absolutely, positively right.

king4day
07-30-2009, 09:24 AM
Of course Steve Nash is angry and bitter that he hasnt won a championship and he should be. However, he should direct his anger towards the people in the Suns front office for being both inept and cheap. During the past 5 or 6 years look at the players the Suns have drafted and traded on draft night.

2004 - Traded the draft rights of Luol Deng to Chicago.
2005 - Traded the draft rights of Rajon Rondo to Boston
2007 - Traded the draft rights of Rudy Fernandez to Portland

Sorry Steve dont hate the Lakers for being one of the best run organizations in the league and able to pounce on a deal when given the opportunity. Blame Mike D'Antonio and the owner Mr. Sarver for failing to do the same. Imagine the Suns with Deng and Rondo during their championship runs. Oh wait..imagine not.

The team wouldn't be the same with those guys. The entire league is effected if we keep them.
Stop with the 'poor draft decisions' talk. This is a really old against the Suns franchise.

Unruly Fan
07-30-2009, 09:42 AM
lmao stop crying. Obviously a championship isnt his number goal cause he signed an extension with the suns.Yeah, seems to me that he's got too much integrity to sell out like that.

Suns113
07-30-2009, 11:07 AM
it makes me laugh how all the lakers fans are calling nash a whiner, whos the star of ur team?

Gibby23
07-30-2009, 11:09 AM
it makes me laugh how all the lakers fans are calling nash a whiner, whos the star of ur team?

A 4 time NBA champion.

Suns113
07-30-2009, 11:14 AM
and one of the biggest whiners in NBA history was it 2 or 3 years ago " i want to be traded" even with this bad year and the bad chemistry on the suns, nash never whined like kobe does to the refs every game.

JRZ22
07-30-2009, 11:26 AM
Didnt the SUNS trade one of their best fast break players in Marion for the slowest player in old Shaq? Before that the Suns were almost a championship team.Blame your GM Mr. Kerr... Now he's ripping the Lakers for winning a ring. Take a look in your own backyard before looking in someone elses, bitter canadian:pity:

thephoenixson28
07-30-2009, 11:27 AM
and one of the biggest whiners in NBA history was it 2 or 3 years ago " i want to be traded" even with this bad year and the bad chemistry on the suns, nash never whined like kobe does to the refs every game. I know every laker fan wanted to kill jerry buss. But somehow they get one of the most lopsided trades ever. Now they are all on buss nuts. Think about it if kobe left to chicago,new york, or phoenix lakers fan would've started a riot.

Suns113
07-30-2009, 11:29 AM
wow...

thephoenixson28
07-30-2009, 11:35 AM
Didnt the SUNS trade one of their best fast break players in Marion for the slowest player in old Shaq? Before that the Suns were almost a championship team.Blame your GM Mr. Kerr... Now he's ripping the Lakers for winning a ring. Take a look in your own backyard before looking in someone elses, bitter canadian:pity: If kerr could get a trade like this he would. Maybe we can call up danny ainge(former suns) and trade dragic and lopez for pierce and garnett. What does him being canadien have to do with anything.

clehmun
07-30-2009, 11:41 AM
nash has played with shaq, amare, marion, jrich, barbosa, grant hill, joe johnson, diaw, raja bell, etc.
those are great casts. how can he complain about not having a pau gasol?

and i still don't think gasol was traded for nothing. marc gasol's a starting center in this league, kwame was good cap space, arthurs a decent prospect. there are trades like this every year.
i can name trades that are a lot worse, and no players ever complain about those.

arkanian215
07-30-2009, 11:54 AM
al jefferson showed amazing progress and ability before that summer. the only thing that set him back that year was his appendicitis. the wolves refused to do the deal unless jefferson was included. haha and first of all garnett didnt wanna go to boston.

arkanian215
07-30-2009, 11:55 AM
a lot of guys could be starting centers on the grizzlies...

Gibby23
07-30-2009, 11:55 AM
and one of the biggest whiners in NBA history was it 2 or 3 years ago " i want to be traded" even with this bad year and the bad chemistry on the suns, nash never whined like kobe does to the refs every game.

That "I want to be traded" led to the Lakers going to the finals 2 times and 1 championship. Im pretty sure if Nash did that "I want to be traded" thing and it led to the Suns upgrading the roster and getting a ring out of it, the Suns fans would be great with it. The championship alone would be the best moment in Suns history.

king4day
07-30-2009, 12:06 PM
That "I want to be traded" led to the Lakers going to the finals 2 times and 1 championship. Im pretty sure if Nash did that "I want to be traded" thing and it led to the Suns upgrading the roster and getting a ring out of it, the Suns fans would be great with it. The championship alone would be the best moment in Suns history.

LA was fortunate that Bynum improved so dramatically and that the Gasol deal was there for the taking. Fisher also being forced to move back to a big name city.
Mitch didn't do anything spectaculor. All the pieces fell into his lap. It wasn't because Kobe was complaining that Bynum improved, & Fisher resigned. In fact, if Bynum doesn't go down to injury two years ago, we're probably talking about Kobe opting out right now.

thephoenixson28
07-30-2009, 12:10 PM
That "I want to be traded" led to the Lakers going to the finals 2 times and 1 championship. Im pretty sure if Nash did that "I want to be traded" thing and it led to the Suns upgrading the roster and getting a ring out of it, the Suns fans would be great with it. The championship alone would be the best moment in Suns history. Maybe if we had jerry calangelo as owner again, then had B.C in toronto then maybe we can get bosh for nothing. Come on now you know mr. Nba logo/ laker for life helped you guys out. You guys couldn't even beat PHX your superstar wanted to leave and all you had left was odom and smush you guys were done for. Mr captian save a ho helped you guys face it.

leftie5
07-30-2009, 12:11 PM
I am absolutely shocked this thread ended up this way. haha

But, Nash speaks the truth and that's all it was, not ripping the Lakers. Although I am not surprised people misinterpreted it as "hating" like usual.

thephoenixson28
07-30-2009, 12:13 PM
LA was fortunate that Bynum improved so dramatically and that the Gasol deal was there for the taking. Fisher also being forced to move back to a big name city.
Mitch didn't do anything spectaculor. All the pieces fell into his lap. It wasn't because Kobe was complaining that Bynum improved, & Fisher resigned. In fact, if Bynum doesn't go down to injury two years ago, we're probably talking about Kobe opting out right now. Exactly :clap: its funny cuz its true

Unruly Fan
07-30-2009, 12:37 PM
Didnt the SUNS trade one of their best fast break players in Marion for the slowest player in old Shaq? Before that the Suns were almost a championship team.Blame your GM Mr. Kerr... Now he's ripping the Lakers for winning a ring. Take a look in your own backyard before looking in someone elses, bitter canadian:pity:

If kerr could get a trade like this he would. Maybe we can call up danny ainge(former suns) and trade dragic and lopez for pierce and garnett. What does him being canadien have to do with anything.Exactly. What an ignorant mofo.

playa6816
07-30-2009, 08:27 PM
A 4 time NBA champion.

Thats a team award not an individual. If the hall of fame was based soley on rings. Robert Horry would be in there and ranked pretty high.

playa6816
07-30-2009, 08:28 PM

thats right! His talent and skill aside, he is a cry baby.

Rome
07-30-2009, 08:29 PM
As most NBA players are though.

playa6816
07-30-2009, 08:31 PM
Maybe if we had jerry calangelo as owner again, then had B.C in toronto then maybe we can get bosh for nothing. Come on now you know mr. Nba logo/ laker for life helped you guys out. You guys couldn't even beat PHX your superstar wanted to leave and all you had left was odom and smush you guys were done for. Mr captian save a ho helped you guys face it.

Preach it brother preach it! :clap:

LA_Raiders
07-30-2009, 08:44 PM
Nash had his chance and guess what??? Lost...

He will be known as the 2 Time MVP loser...

ink
07-30-2009, 09:10 PM
i'm no die-hard suns fan, but you have to look at it from nash's pov. He is in the wesern conference and for three straight years from the 2005 season to 2007 season, he carried his team to becoming one of the premiere teams in the league. It's gotta hurt when one of your main competitors in the western conference, whom they beat two straight years in the playoffs in 2006 and 2007, is given an all-star caliber big man who helps carry them to the nba finals two years straight for nothing in return. Give nash a break.

qft.

ink
07-30-2009, 09:11 PM
Nash had his chance and guess what??? Lost...

He will be known as the 2 Time MVP loser...

Only to Laker fans who can't get over anyone taking a trophy away from their players. That's a real homer comment and I thought that kind of hate was done with. Time to move on. Nash earned his MVPs.

Besides the threads is NOT about that. It's about how Pau Gasol was handed to the Lakers for nothing. It's the truth. Why deny it? It has to feel unfair to a guy seeing the team they beat consistently get a player for free and cash in because of it. Try to see it from his POV for a change.

Giants27
07-30-2009, 09:17 PM

:laugh:

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-30-2009, 09:22 PM
Only to Laker fans who can't get over anyone taking a trophy away from their players. That's a real homer comment and I thought that kind of hate was done with. Time to move on. Nash earned his MVPs.

Besides the threads is NOT about that. It's about how Pau Gasol was handed to the Lakers for nothing. It's the truth. Why deny it? It has to feel unfair to a guy seeing the team they beat consistently get a player for free and cash in because of it. Try to see it from his POV for a change.

But every team is getting this type of trade now. Would it be okay if Nash says, "Nobody gave us Richard Jefferson for free"

Should we rationalize it by saying "it has to feel unfair to a guy seeing the team that they could never beat, get a player for free and possibly cash in because of it."

Who cares if they beat the Lakers in the first round 2 years in a row. Gasol coming to the Lakers had no affect on the Suns. The Lakers have not knocked the Suns out of the playoffs. The Suns have been getting knocked out far before they would even have a chance at playing the Lakers. So why should Nash care who wins the championship? It wasnt going to be his team even if the Lakers did not get Gasol.

ink
07-30-2009, 09:28 PM
But every team is getting this type of trade now. Would it be okay if Nash says, "Nobody gave us Richard Jefferson for free"

But that's exactly the point. The Lakers weren't competitive before Gasol was gift-wrapped for them. The Spurs are perennial contenders. Big difference. The Spurs have been contenders without any gifts. The recent RJ deal is just a deal at the end of a long run of CONSISTENT contender status for them so it's not a good comparison.

Anyway, no one needs to defend the Lakers. They earned their championship this year. No one is taking that away from them.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-30-2009, 09:41 PM
But that's exactly the point. The Lakers weren't competitive before Gasol was gift-wrapped for them. The Spurs are perennial contenders. Big difference. The Spurs have been contenders without any gifts. The recent RJ deal is just a deal at the end of a long run of CONSISTENT contender status for them so it's not a good comparison.

Okay, but the Jefferson type trade would be more comparable to the Suns and Spurs rosters situations, rather than the Suns and Lakers situations. The Suns were not at the bottom of the league. They were right there at the top. Just like the Spurs this last year. Imagine if someone gave the Suns a good player while they already had Nash, Barbosa, Bell, Marion, Amare, Thomas, etc... Thats what happened to the Spurs. They were already a good team, and got a player for free. So Nash should have made a comment about the Spurs trade because it coincided with his teams roster at the time

The Lakers on the other hand were at the bottom of the west. Usually, if a bottom feeding team gets over on a team by trading salary cap space, for a good player (ala Clipper and Zach Randolph) Nobody blinks an eye. But just because the Lakers got better, its such a huge deal.

But my point remains. Gasol being traded to the Lakers has had no impact on the Suns. If the Lakers had the worst record in the league these last two years, the Suns still would have been eliminated in the first round. Thats why I dont understand why you would say that has to feel unfair to Nash that a team that he had beaten, got better. If the Lakers did not get Gasol, the Suns still are not winning a championship. If the Lakers beat the Suns in the Western Conference Finals, 4 games to 3, I could see your point. But that did not happen.

Gibby23
07-30-2009, 09:52 PM
Nobody stoped the Suns from paying Marion and keeping the team together. Nash should have stopped Kerr from making a panic move in trading for Shaq, basically ended a great run that was still going.

Teeboy1487
07-30-2009, 10:02 PM
What's so bad about the gasol deal? Any idiot in the world would have done that deal. You guys are just mad that it was the lakers. What you guys expected the lakers to do, turn it down to make you guys feel better. We saw a good deal and took it. There is nothing wrong with that. Nash is just a crybaby like I said earlier in the thread and you guys are crying just like him. What a shame. :pity:

Halladay
07-30-2009, 10:04 PM
lol it's amazing how many people are taking Nash's comments out of context here.