PDA

View Full Version : Hornets sign Ike Diogu - F/C

Patrick Swayze
07-29-2009, 02:23 PM
The New Orleans Hornets have signed forward Ike Diogu.
Diogu has shown potential but has never developed into a player earning more than spot minutes off the bench. Diogu should find time behind David West and Emeka Okafor, but isn't likely to be worth owning.

I don't think this really does much at all for us. Like the article said, he has shown potential, but never developed. At least the Hornets are making some moves and filling up the bench.

Catfish1314
07-29-2009, 03:22 PM
He tore it up the last two games of the season. May not have meant much, but it also could mean you got a steal.

Patrick Swayze
07-29-2009, 03:23 PM
I'm just reading up on what every one else has to say about him. It sounds like he just needs to get on the floor.

tland22
07-29-2009, 03:36 PM
The New Orleans Hornets have signed forward Ike Diogu.
Diogu has shown potential but has never developed into a player earning more than spot minutes off the bench. Diogu should find time behind David West and Emeka Okafor, but isn't likely to be worth owning.

I don't think this really does much at all for us. Like the article said, he has shown potential, but never developed. At least the Hornets are making some moves and filling up the bench.

I COMPLETELY 100% disagree. The guy is AN ABOVE AVERAGE bench player. in his 10 game stint with Sac Kings last year avg 9.2 points 4 rebounds per game shooting 60% from the field....all in just 14 minutes of play.... just sit back and think about that for a second....that is GREAT productivity. He didnt do jack in Portland cuz he only played 4 mins per game....the kid is only 25 years old, he is all jacked up too at 6'9 250.

Great great pick up for us. Mark my words...please mark my words - he will be a very solid bench player for us next season. And you guys will love him. I like him more than anyone else we could have gotten in all honesty.

tland22
07-29-2009, 03:42 PM
He tore it up the last two games of the season. May not have meant much, but it also could mean you got a steal.

I agree with you, I was streaming those games off internet cuz I bet on them and I watched him play...he was beasting. Those last two games he played 40 mins in each game,.... one vs Denver and one vs Minnesota.

Denver: 41 mins, 32 points, 11 rebounds, 14-20 from the field, 4-7 from free throws.

Minny: 40 mins, 28 points, 13 rebounds, 10-17 from field, 8-11 from free throws.

think about it. Those are damn solid numbers...regardless of who he was playing against and who was in the game. They are all NBA players...these werent SUMMER LEAGUE games he was putting up these numbers in...these werent SUMMER LEAGUE players either. All of Denvers starters were in the game and played the entire game too, same with minny. I think we got a steal, and we will see this year. I am overly pumped up about this pick up right here. Smart, great move by Bower and company

Vinny642
07-29-2009, 03:48 PM
Good signing for us. We are making good moves, we might trade Hilt. to the Grizzlies. LOL

Juju
07-29-2009, 03:49 PM
Never heard of this guy before... But at least the front office is making moves

Sports Illustrator
07-29-2009, 03:49 PM
He never lived up to his potential. He was suppose to be a solid contributor on the defensive end of the floor. It never hurts to add a defensive Center on your team for a low price, but if he doesn't pan out in this team, fans should not be upset with him.

tland22
07-29-2009, 03:57 PM
here is Ike in 05-06 seaon...his rookie year when he played for the GSWarrioirs. played in 69 games and started a some too...this one is over 8 mins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3MyU_NCyu0

Carey
07-29-2009, 05:21 PM
Great pick up for you guys, He's very underrated, he wasnt able to get a shot in Portland with Aldridge, Pryzbilla and Oden there, He also seems like a perfect fit to give West a break off the bench

Webelievegs!
07-29-2009, 09:23 PM
Just because you don't know a player doesn't mean he's bad.

Ike is a GOOD player. Don't let his stats decieve you. This guy was NEVER given a chance to play and prove his potential after he left GState.

In Indiana he played well, scoring in double digits conststently until he got inujured. Indiana did not give him PT after he returned which was stupid.

In portland he was given absolutely no PT because he was forced to share minutes behind Lamarcus Aldridge, Pryzbilla, and Channing Frye.

In Sacramento he was given no PT until Spencer Hawes got injured and the Kings were FORCED to play him....he scored 32 pts, 11 rebounds against Denver that night. The next night he scored 28 pts, 13 rebounds.

This guy produces when given PT. Im hoping he does well in NO.

ballpd05
07-29-2009, 10:46 PM
Ike is decent and if he is low cost than I totally agree he may be a steal, and is better than Melvin Ely, Ryan Bowen, and Sean Marks.

The only thing I don't like is that while the Hornets are making moves we are getting more un-athletic. I think we need a quicker more versatile big, who could probably cause some mismatches and get some dunks and blocks. Emeka is a better one on one post defender than Tyson, but Tyson can do so much more like step out on the wing and recover on pick and roll D and roll to the rim and sky for alleys. Ike isn't the greatest athlete either.

If I was the Hornets, I would go after Rodney Carney and Hakim Warrick. They could get the crowd hype with their aerial displays of athleticism and they could come of the bench so if they get a lil crazy Scott could just real em in and be like look calm down. Carney would probably start for the Hornets.

Ike is solid as an enforcer though. And in Golden State they tried to hand him the reigns, cuz they got rid of Erik Dampier to get him the starting spot. That didn't work out for whatever reason though.

Patrick Swayze
07-31-2009, 04:40 AM
Good signing for us. We are making good moves, we might trade Hilt. to the Grizzlies. LOL

Where did you hear about Hilton going to the Grizzlies?

Vinny642
07-31-2009, 07:00 PM
http://hornetsreport.com/HRForums/showthread.php?t=56494

Sports Illustrator
08-05-2009, 10:16 PM
Just because you don't know a player doesn't mean he's bad.

Ike is a GOOD player. Don't let his stats decieve you. This guy was NEVER given a chance to play and prove his potential after he left GState.

In Indiana he played well, scoring in double digits conststently until he got inujured. Indiana did not give him PT after he returned which was stupid.

In portland he was given absolutely no PT because he was forced to share minutes behind Lamarcus Aldridge, Pryzbilla, and Channing Frye.

In Sacramento he was given no PT until Spencer Hawes got injured and the Kings were FORCED to play him....he scored 32 pts, 11 rebounds against Denver that night. The next night he scored 28 pts, 13 rebounds.

This guy produces when given PT. Im hoping he does well in NO.

He actually was given a chance in Indiana when the Pacers needed some big to help their front-court problems. According to the coach, he wasn't able to produce as much as the other bigs that Indiana has at the time. He was and still may be a project. He may not be a bad player, but he just isn't as good as many scouts and reporters thought he'd be. He is still young, so we shouldn't be making any type of negative conclusions on him just yet. I can safely say he was given his shot. Maybe he will do well now if he gets another chance, or maybe now.

He is currently learning how to become a better offensive player. He did start off his NBA career as very raw and that seems to be improving.