PDA

View Full Version : Next summer free agency's overrated??

olrales
07-29-2009, 10:27 AM
Ok, I'm not dumb and I know names who must be free agents next summer, like Lebron, Wade and Bosh just to name a few. But in the last days (or weeks), we've started to see teams trying to resign their all-star player (yesterday Cavs were talking to Lebron to try to resign him to a 3 years extension, so does Pat Riley with Wade by trying to add Odom and speculation that Bosh would stay in Toronto now that they add Turkoglu and Jack). So my point is that we put a lot of eggs in next summer free agency but I think that maybe, things won't change so much and teams who were focusing on dropping salary will be a lot disappointed that none of those big names will be on the market.

So, what you think? Can this happen?

arkanian215
07-29-2009, 10:32 AM
not really overrated. it's a combination of two really strong draft classes plus guys who are just getting out of their extensions/new contracts. there will be some market for them but it looks like some will stay home just based on available cap space.

cle12152433
07-29-2009, 10:41 AM
Overrated isn't the right word. There is no denying the talent that could be potentially available.

Now looking forward a year from now, one might say it was "over-hyped" if those main three don't change teams.

kb24ap28
07-29-2009, 10:41 AM
lebron james, dwayne wade, amare stoudemire, chris bosh, dirk nowitzki, michael redd, paul pierce, ray allen, yao ming, manu ginobli......not overrated

arkanian215
07-29-2009, 10:49 AM
i guess if we watch too much espn we'd get bored and tired of the talk. the hype is there. will it live up to it? maybe. let's wait til after 2009-10

daleja424
07-29-2009, 10:51 AM
def over rated... there will be like 10 teams mad disappointed...

naztrack
07-29-2009, 10:51 AM
overrated no....plus the draft class will be crazy.....teams will be made and broken for years to come after 2010.

S-Dot
07-29-2009, 10:52 AM
Overrated...i wouldnt call it that but alot of teams won't be happy

Sports Illustrator
07-29-2009, 10:57 AM
I can't say over-rated, but there may not be as many moves as people are hyping it up to be. It is more likely that most big time free agents will be staying in their respected teams. You don't really see big time free agents moving from one team to another via free agency.

S-Dot
07-29-2009, 10:58 AM
I can't say over-rated, but there may not be as many moves as people are hyping it up to be. It is more likely that most big time free agents will be staying in their respected teams. You don't really see big time free agents moving from one team to another via free agency.

Agreed...so whats your prediction based on your sig?

prodigy
07-29-2009, 11:04 AM
lebron james, dwayne wade, amare stoudemire, chris bosh, dirk nowitzki, michael redd, paul pierce, ray allen, yao ming, manu ginobli......not overrated

I could only see chris bosh and amare leaving. ray allen is old, So IDK. he could leave pending on what he's asking for.

But wouldn't it be funny, if lebron went to NJ or the knicks. Then wade came to cleveland and won the ship his first season. lol. Not going to happen, But would be funny.

Lebronmylasthop
07-29-2009, 11:58 AM
cleveland is built for a championship and lebron just wants more peices he'll sign a new contract with the cavs and that will b that...no way he or wade sign untill next year cuz they can get a whole new contract with different clauses and conditions and MAD MONEY....bosh will go to miami and amarie will go to a contender with money....yao will sign with anyone the way his foot is looking and the rest will speak for themselves.....San An will not let Manu go without a fight tho and i think their the favorite in the leauge the way there built

mavwar53
07-29-2009, 12:21 PM
Overrated isn't the right word. There is no denying the talent that could be potentially available.

Now looking forward a year from now, one might say it was "over-hyped" if those main three don't change teams.

Thats the right word

Ty Fast
07-29-2009, 12:59 PM
what about kobe? he will be a fa too

S-Dot
07-29-2009, 01:06 PM
what about kobe? he will be a fa too

No I believe he signed an extension

fire2last
07-29-2009, 01:29 PM
I doubt LeBron resigns this year. I'd be shocked too if Jarrett Jack and Hedo were enough for Bosh to commit to TOR given how vocal he's been about leaving...Jarrett Jack...really?
Wade is the only one I can see resigning this year and that is if Odom goes to MIA.
I doubt Pierce will leave BOS, Yao's career could be over, Allen is gettin old. I think Amare and Redd will leave but I doubt Manu or Dirk will.

When it's all said and done I see 3 maybe 4 big names leaving and I too think a lot of teams will be wondering why they sold the farm in order to try and convience a LeBron or Wade to come. We'll see.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-29-2009, 01:47 PM
There is way too much hype on 2010. To me it looks like Lebron, Wade, and Bosh are gonna stay. And Amare will prolly get traded and then sign an extension with that team. Dirk said he wants to stay in dallas forever and manu, ray allen, and paul pierce will be a little too old to sign to a team for long term so i don't care where they sign. I think the best player that will end up being in the 2010 free agent class is Joe Johnson because hes the one whonwill most likely leave.

J_M_B
07-29-2009, 03:04 PM
It's definitely over-rated and many teams are going to be disappointed. LeBron and Wade are going to resign back with their clubs. They are just using 2010 as leverage to make their franchise go out and acquire pieces and put together a team to play around them. Though is still can see a couple of superstar players like Amare Stoudemire and/or Joe Johnson leaving their current team.

Guys like Nowitzki, Ginobili, and Yao Ming are extremely loyal to their organizations and I would be shocked if any of them left and became free agents. Also aging players like McGrady, Redd, and Ray Allen aren't looking for another max contract and are going to become role players for contending teams.

Though I do agree that the 2010 draft class is going to be stacked with talent and possibly one of the best classes this decade.

MaHaRaJaH
07-29-2009, 03:08 PM
a LOT of Team Changing players are out there.

Tmac,lt,berkman
07-29-2009, 03:10 PM
Not worried about it because the rockets have a young team and have yao til 2011 and we will sign one or two big named players..