PDA

View Full Version : Lakers or Heat

ldawg
07-29-2009, 09:07 AM
should Odom Sign with Lakers and try to win more rings? Or should he sign with Heat to prevent Wade from leaving? Lakers See him as part of the puzzle while Miami see him as the best available player. If he return to Miami there is a chance he get traded again unlike La who stuck with him.

LakersSaintsLSU
07-29-2009, 09:23 AM
i feel ya

stealth33
07-29-2009, 09:23 AM
If I was in his place, staying with LA is a no-brainer. Personally I'd like to see him go to Miami and make that team better...Miami is a fun team to watch and it's nice when they are relevant. As far as LA sticking with him and Miami trading him off...it was for Shaq. At that point who wouldn't ship him for Shaq.

king4day
07-29-2009, 09:27 AM
He'd have as much chance being traded by LA as he would in Miami.
If LA didn't beat Orlando, this conversation wouldn't be happening and he'd already be a Heat.
LA clearly doesn't care if he returns by now lowballing their initial offer.

DQL
07-29-2009, 09:29 AM
I dont care. He's not my favorite type of players (ala who play good D). I'm fine if he takes the MLE from the Heat though.

JordansBulls
07-29-2009, 09:36 AM
If Odom didn't have a ring, I would say the Lakers, but now that he does he should go to the team where he will have the greater role and has the better chance of being an allstar.

So a team like Chicago or Miami would be perfect for him.

Chicago lineup
Rose
Salmons
Deng
Odom
Noah

Miami_Megatron
07-29-2009, 09:39 AM
I love how Twitter has become a reliable (?) source of useful information. But hey, if ESPN can reference it, then so can we!

Of course, most of us have been waiting on pins and needles to hear how the meeting between Pat Riley, D-Wade and Odom went yesterday. Thanks to Wade, we may have gotten our first little snippet of what came from that meeting. From Dwyane's Twitter:

the beginning..look who's jersey is waitn for them in mia(no 7)

There is also a link attached, but for now its dead. Judging from the tweet, it may have been to a picture of a Heat #7 'Odom' jersey.

http://www.peninsulaismightier.com/2009/7/28/966174/dwyane-wades-latest-lamar-odom?ref=yahoo

S-Dot
07-29-2009, 09:47 AM
Heat...the Lakers would be too good if he re-signs with them.

stealth33
07-29-2009, 10:29 AM
Still find it hard to believe that the Lakers haven't locked this guy up already. With Odom you have a team that's going to be right there at a Finals/championship level every year for a while regardless of what the competition does...it's silly to be going through this. The guy wants to be a Laker.

Without Odom it's still possible they are at that level but why take that risk. Ariza's loss will hurt but not nearly as much as Odom's.

daleja424
07-29-2009, 10:34 AM
Contract INFO:
http://i26.tinypic.com/2hd9u0z.jpg

Miami's deal is worth a lot more over the course of the contract and only offers an average of 300k less per year. If LO is interested in playing a bigger role and getting a longer contract he will join Miami...

LA_Raiders
07-29-2009, 10:42 AM
It will be dumb if he signs with Miami, because once DW is gone he may even get traded somewhere else...Also he is signing for less $$$ in Mia...

After all he is Odumb...

LA_Raiders
07-29-2009, 10:44 AM
Contract INFO:
http://i26.tinypic.com/2hd9u0z.jpg

Miami's deal is worth a lot more over the course of the contract and only offers an average of 300k less per year. If LO is interested in playing a bigger role and getting a longer contract he will join Miami...

in not winning more rings

daleja424
07-29-2009, 10:50 AM

Its funny... I thought the Miami and LA had won the same # of titles the past 4 years...

stealth33
07-29-2009, 10:51 AM
Its funny... I thought the Miami and LA had won the same # of titles the past 4 years...

Which has nothing to do with the prospects of winning one in future years.

JordansBulls
07-29-2009, 10:56 AM

Why sacrifice a starting role for one on the bench when you can possibly become an allstar?

He has his ring already and he has been used to starting. It's not like he is 33 or something where he needs to come off the bench.

Teeboy1487
07-29-2009, 11:06 AM
You know what everyone is going to say. Everyone other than laker fans will want odom to go elsewhere. In my opinion, I like that Chicago idea. Maybe we can do a sign and trade with them. I would rather that then Odom going to Miami. They have a mediocre roster besides wade.

LakersnDodgers
07-29-2009, 11:12 AM

They have! but last time i checked the Lakers have won 3 more this decade.

LakersnDodgers
07-29-2009, 11:14 AM
Still find it hard to believe that the Lakers haven't locked this guy up already. With Odom you have a team that's going to be right there at a Finals/championship level every year for a while regardless of what the competition does...it's silly to be going through this. The guy wants to be a Laker.

Without Odom it's still possible they are at that level but why take that risk. Ariza's loss will hurt but not nearly as much as Odom's.

Don't blame the Lakers.....they had a 3/30 or 4/36 mill contract on the table for that inconsistent guy.Waaaaaaay more than he is worth.The bum is taking his time i guess? The guy wanted to be a Laker that bad he would step up and sign that contract......like his boy Ron Ron did so quickly.

LakersnDodgers
07-29-2009, 11:15 AM
You know what everyone is going to say. Everyone other than laker fans will want odom to go elsewhere. In my opinion, I like that Chicago idea. Maybe we can do a sign and trade with them. I would rather that then Odom going to Miami. They have a mediocre roster besides wade.

I'm tired of Odom's act myself.....who could they sign and trade for? Deng?

tr3ymill3r
07-29-2009, 11:25 AM
Odom is looking for some more candy money. From a far it kind of looks like a little kid once he hears the ice cream man. He wants to get the Spongebob with the bubble gum eyes, but his mom will only give him $0.65, so he went to ask his dad for money but he's broke and when mom finds out he went behind her back she'll only give him $0.50 now. The Lakers need Odom more than Odom needs LA. He got his ring and his candy, he got his publicity and now he's looking to get paid. Who would fault him? With this down economy, thankyou No clue Obama, it's all about the money.

IBleedPurple
07-29-2009, 12:19 PM
Odom is looking for some more candy money. From a far it kind of looks like a little kid once he hears the ice cream man. He wants to get the Spongebob with the bubble gum eyes, but his mom will only give him $0.65, so he went to ask his dad for money but he's broke and when mom finds out he went behind her back she'll only give him $0.50 now. The Lakers need Odom more than Odom needs LA. He got his ring and his candy, he got his publicity and now he's looking to get paid. Who would fault him? With this down economy, thankyou No clue Obama, it's all about the money.

Seriously, blaming Obama for the down economy? Did it get bad in the last 6 months? NO. It has been getting worse for 2 years genius.

I think Odom will go to Miami. He will be an overshadowed bench player in LA, and will be Wade's sidekick in Miami. Easy choice.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-29-2009, 01:57 PM

Yea cuz chicago's roster is definitely not mediocre lol....... "they have a mediocre roster besides wade" lol. Well wtf do the bulls have besides rose?

Jays Claw
07-29-2009, 02:01 PM
I would like to see him remain in a Laker uniform.

lowdown32
07-29-2009, 02:10 PM
30 days of this crap and this is still going on.will the lakers repeat if odom goes blah blah blah there only one thing that matters in Lakerland and thats we got Kobe. Our title hopes start and end with him

J_M_B
07-29-2009, 02:35 PM

Yeah and Chicago isn't a mediocre team? Last time I checked their best player last year was a rookie PG. Lamar Odom isn't going to Chicago it's either he stays in L.A or goes to South Beach to join Wade. I personally think he stays in L.A, though I want to see him come back to Miami.

Lo Porto
07-29-2009, 02:38 PM
I hope he goes to Miami. If he leaves, LA is beatable - great starters but no bench. When was the last time we saw so many top teams, or soon to be top teams, improve in one offseason mostly from summer deals or trade deadline trades bringing all players back intact? If LA loses Odom, the balance in the top half of the league will be awesome. All of these teams have improved as of late July:

Orlando
Boston
Cleveland
Washington
Dallas
New Orleans
Toronto
Portland
Clippers
Atlanta
San Antonio
Chicago (getting Deng back in addition to Salmons and Brad Miller)
Miami (should they get Odom, Boozer or both)

DCB/LAL
07-29-2009, 02:40 PM
Why sacrifice a starting role for one on the bench when you can possibly become an allstar?

He has his ring already and he has been used to starting. It's not like he is 33 or something where he needs to come off the bench.

Ever heard of a guy named Manu Ginobili??? I believe Manu averaged just about the same amount of minutes that Lamar averaged lasy year when Manu made the All-star game!!!

JWO35
07-29-2009, 02:40 PM
I don't care, unless the Lakers sign-and-trade him to the Pistons for Richard Hamilton....

Kakaroach
07-29-2009, 02:45 PM
I want him to sign with the Heat so they will make a stronger offer for Boozer that will hopefully include Michael Beasley.

Lakers4ItAll
07-29-2009, 03:29 PM
Odom gets starter minutes with LA so minutes can't be a reason to leave. LA needs him to repeat they have no $ to sign anyone else if he is gone.