PDA

View Full Version : Everybody riley

Heatcheck
07-29-2009, 06:06 AM
Quick question. I get the impression, by reading alot of posts, that most people dont think very highly of pat riley (mostly heat fans). Like he's constantly messing things up for us. Where did this idea that he's some kind of senile reckloose, or a basketball version of Daniel Snyder come from?

Trouble87
07-29-2009, 06:09 AM
I don't know where it came from and I hardly ever check the Heat forum but I love Riley... can't help but love a guy who does whatever it takes to win

Heatcheck
07-29-2009, 08:03 AM
excuse the title. i meant "everybody hates riley".

Personally, i feel like he's been a blessing. He made us relevant to begin with by getting hardaway and morning. he drafted Caron, Wade, signed odom, traded for shaq, even the walker and williams trade ended in a championship. the only bad move i can think of is the ricky davis trade. so why all the hate?

khalil72
07-29-2009, 08:20 AM
Riley is the Don. There is no reason to hate this guy. I think every team wish they had a basketball mind like Riley running the show. GO HEAT!

ldawg
07-29-2009, 08:33 AM
If he trick Odom into signing for the mid-level i would not trust him around my wife. He would be one smooth cat.:cool:

DQL
07-29-2009, 09:01 AM
STFU you're the only Heat fan in this earth who hates Riley. Never doubt his ambition

RaiderLakersA's
07-29-2009, 11:03 AM
Put me in the Riley fan category, too. I've enjoyed watching him coach here at the Lakers, with the Knicks, and now run things at the Heat. No GM is going to get everything right, and even when he does, it still takes the players to perform at a high level in order to win championships. Riles is going to go down in history as one of the greats.

And where would GQ Magazine be without Riley? That magazine would have folded long ago.

BALLER71
07-29-2009, 11:36 AM
Huge Riley fan, except the fact that he signed Smush Parker :laugh2:

HiphopRelated
07-29-2009, 11:51 AM
which Heat fan hates Riley?

J_M_B
07-29-2009, 12:21 PM
Who hates Riley? I haven't heard anyone hate of the him, you are probably the only Heat fan that does. Pat Riley is going down in history as one of the greats.

clehmun
07-29-2009, 12:37 PM
this won't go well with riley fans, and do correct me if i'm wrong. but i didn't like how he replaced SVG with himself in mid season when he thought the team had a good chance to win the title (and they did), then when the team had troubles and went lottery bound, he said he couldn't handle GM and coaching at the same time and went "scouting" for players during the regular season and just left the team with his assistants.

i don't follow the heat as close as other people, but from an outsider point of view, seems like he can just be there when they win, and when they lose, he'd disappear. he was still the "head coach" when he decided to leave the team to scout for players, then the heat went into full tanking mode that year.

Carey
07-29-2009, 12:57 PM
I think the knock on riley is he left the team a little short on young talent to transition to the future, but you cant argue with a Championship

Big Zo
07-29-2009, 01:04 PM
Any Heat fan that hates Riley is a moron that probably talks like this: "I HATE RILEY. Y HE DON'T DO DAT RIGHT DUH?"

Lo Porto
07-29-2009, 01:18 PM
The guy won a title with Jason Williams and Antoine Walker playing huge parts. That's like Marbury and Zach Randolph hoisting a title. He can make miracles happen (like adding Odom and Boozer but only losing Beasley?)

Heatcheck
07-29-2009, 01:20 PM
First of all, some of you dumb mother****ers need to learn how to read. I could have sworn i wrote the man was a blessing, that he made us relevant, and brought us a title

Secondly, I know i didnt just make it up. I read these hating *** posts all the time. Maybe the word MOST was a little too much, but there are a whole bunch of heat fans who rag on the man as soon as we start struggling and blame it all on him. Like there was some obvious solution or trade he could have made.

As far as not planning for the future, maybe your right. but i feel like it was a gamble he took, trying to repeat with the same team, i didnt think they would fall off so bad either (Williams and Walker to be exact)

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-29-2009, 01:26 PM
I haven't heard any heat fans hate on pat riley in psd. Maybe you're thinkng of another site lol.

Heatcheck
07-29-2009, 01:29 PM
The guy won a title with Jason Williams and Antoine Walker playing huge parts. That's like Marbury and Zach Randolph hoisting a title.

exactly