PDA

View Full Version : Pivotal Year for Josh?

countrycasanova
07-28-2009, 09:33 PM
Don't have the link, but I read report about Josh at the Team USA Camp. Initially, I thought great Josh can take his game to the next level; scrimmaging with the best players in the world. Then the report went on to share how he mostly jacked up those long jumpers and fussed with the refs (in scrimmages); although it mentioned he had some good blocks. I feel this year is very important for Josh; and the type of contract Marvin gets, could decide just how pivotal this year may be for Josh. The kid just needs to mature in his play and behavior. I want Josh to "get it", cause if he takes full advantage of his talent...he can be a serious "problem" in the league. Josh's offensive games has to improve on so many levels (and attitude). Josh>>>>>Marvin, but Marvin did show that he worked on his offensive game. It may take a change of scenery or a new highly touted coach, to get the most out of Josh. I believe the Hawks were "kicking-the- Tires" on potential deals for Josh(trying 2 check his value). So how pivotal do Hawks fans think this upcoming year is for Josh, as it pertains to his future in a Hawks uni? :)

SB75
07-28-2009, 10:30 PM
DUDE THIS IS JUST MORE PROPAGANDA.......... I have read several reports on Josh and the USA team all differ, But none said anything about long jumpers or fussing with the refs. Also he wasn't even taking many shots at all as they said he didn't get involved in the offense much. So how on earth could he be taking a lot of long jumpers if he isn't shooting? Please post that link. Also you can think what you want but all credible sources shot down all Josh trade rumors. For what he provides and what he gets paid he is to valuable to the Hawks. The incredibly credible S. Smith from the AJC even said their was no talk of trading Josh. He is closer to the Hawks than anyone.

I do how ever agree it is a pivotal season for Josh. It doesn't have anything to do with Marvin though. They are both on their on, we need each to improve for this team to compete with Cle and Bos.

ATL_Representa
07-28-2009, 10:48 PM
Im prayin hes been in the gym this summer, Because if he doesnt improve that jumpshot this year, HE NEVER WILL!!..And that would be ashame with the potential he has..

countrycasanova
07-28-2009, 11:39 PM
DUDE THIS IS JUST MORE PROPAGANDA.......... I have read several reports on Josh and the USA team all differ, But none said anything about long jumpers or fussing with the refs. Also he wasn't even taking many shots at all as they said he didn't get involved in the offense much. So how on earth could he be taking a lot of long jumpers if he isn't shooting? Please post that link. Also you can think what you want but all credible sources shot down all Josh trade rumors. For what he provides and what he gets paid he is to valuable to the Hawks. The incredibly credible S. Smith from the AJC even said their was no talk of trading Josh. He is closer to the Hawks than anyone.

I do how ever agree it is a pivotal season for Josh. It doesn't have anything to do with Marvin though. They are both on their on, we need each to improve for this team to compete with Cle and Bos.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^That part would have done just fine LOL. :) You get emotional when it comes to Josh huh? He's good, but bottom line...he should be better.

SB75
07-28-2009, 11:58 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^That part would have done just fine LOL. :) You get emotional when it comes to Josh huh? He's good, but bottom line...he should be better.

You still didn't post that link. The facts work just fine for us Hawks fans.
Nope not emotional, Just tired of seeing the kid bombarded with untrue accusations. He's only 23 he will continue to improve.

ClipperfanKevin
07-29-2009, 04:10 AM
Josh isn't going anywhere, not with that 6 million dollar trade kicker

Mr.ATLHawks
07-29-2009, 07:53 AM
If we trade Josh who is going to be our shot Blocker now that Soloman Jones is gone? C'mon kids makes no sense. Josh is ATL bred, born and will stay ATL.

countrycasanova
07-30-2009, 02:51 AM
[QUOTE=countrycasanova;10321796]

You still didn't post that link. The facts work just fine for us Hawks fans.
Nope not emotional, Just tired of seeing the kid bombarded with untrue accusations. He's only 23 he will continue to improve.

I read it, didn't think it was important enough to go back and get the link; but that ain the point of the thread. The point is...if Josh don't take it to another level; would the Hawks begin to maximize his trade value. Let's b for real; the way his contract is configured pretty much made him too tough to move. Don't get me wrong, I want the guy to do his thang. :)

SB75
07-30-2009, 03:33 PM
My man you can't make a point when you start with inaccurate information. You said he was taking long jumpers, that's false. Arguing with refs, False. "Kicking the tires on potential deals, False. You can't use propaganda to try and make a point. That's why asked you to please link the story, it's very important to your accusations.
Josh played well last year, And for the record I don't think he got completely over his ankle injury till late in the season. He just wasn't jumping as high or running as fast IMO. I expect him to give us around 17 and 9 next season. I do not think a trade would be in the works unless they are offered a player they just can't say no to.

countrycasanova
07-30-2009, 08:24 PM
I'm not gonna say what was reported is false, I will say I just didn't go back and get the article. You can't say all the reports about the Hawks taking fillers for Josh is false, cause you don't have a link to prove other wise. Stating your passionate opinion about a subject don't make it fact neither...alah Skip Bayless.You don't have proof that EVERY report about Josh this summer was false. I agree with most of the posters, if the Hawks get the most out of Josh; then HELL NAW they shouldn't move him. If the Hawks can't get the most out of Josh, hey he tradeable just like anybody else.

SB75
07-30-2009, 08:32 PM
LOL..... Difference between me and you, I have posted the credible sources including S.Smith in the past concerning Josh rumors. So it's not my opinion, it's a guy close to the Hawks telling you what's up. So you are dead wrong on this one it has nothing to do with me. S.Smith said from the get go the Hawks had no plans to trade Smith, so since he's closer to the Hawks than any other reporter or blogger, yes I'll take his word over yours. The trade kicker makes it nearly impossible to trade Josh, So once again S,Smith is right. On the other hand you are the one without any proof.

jjfan122
08-01-2009, 01:00 AM
Hawks will not trade Josh. Its too much right now. But i do hope hes working on his jumper and hopefully mike can calm down his ego that his is growing.

SB75
08-01-2009, 12:19 PM
Hawks will not trade Josh. Its too much right now. But i do hope hes working on his jumper and hopefully mike can calm down his ego that his is growing.

Agreed. A decent 15 to 20 footjump shot would take his game to the next level. Steve Smith should be able to help him with that as well as his ball handling and FT shooting.