PDA

View Full Version : Rosen: Most overrated / underrated players

Draco
07-28-2009, 07:51 PM
See links for individual player explanations.

Don't be fooled by stats, fan-voted All-Star Game appearances, highlighted plays and/or media hype. While every combatant in the NBA is a truly great player, too many of them are gauged by misleading standards.

Here are the most grossly over-valued, not-so superstars.

Chris Andersen
Gilbert Arenas
Carlos Boozer
Chris Bosh
Marcus Camby
Kevin Garnett
Al Harrington
Stephen Jackson
Brad Miller
Chris Paul

Dishonorable mention
The following multi-talented players have led their respective teams nowhere for so many years that their being overrated is no longer news. Stephon Marbury, who only last week still insisted that he's the best point guard in the NBA. Dirk Nowitzki. Baron Davis. Peja Stojakovic. Amare Stoudemire. Vince Carter. Larry Hughes. Corey Maggette. Shawn Marion. Kenyon Martin. Tracy McGrady. Jermaine O'Neal. Wally Szczerbiak. And last and least, Allen Iverson.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/9852462/Who-are-the-NBA's-most-overrated-players?

These are the guys who don't necessarily dominate either the ball, the print media or the highlight shows, yet still make an enormous impact on their team's destinies. These are the guys who can't turn losing or mediocre teams into champions, but who can turn also-rans into serious contenders. The guys who never take a game off. The guys whom coaches love to coach and with whom other players love to play alongside.

Andres Biedrins
Kwame Brown
Jason and Jarron Collins
Jeff Foster
Anthony Parker
Kendrick Perkins
Joel Przybilla
Craig Smith
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/9850146/Who-are-the-NBA's-most-underrated-players?

JWO35
07-28-2009, 07:54 PM
He's lost all respect by saying Kwame Brown was underrated :pity:

DUBSfanatic
07-28-2009, 07:55 PM
Bynum overrrrrrated!
Everyonne thinks he's gonna be this great big man... uhhhhh nope!

Vinny642
07-28-2009, 07:55 PM
He lost all respect to me by saying CP is overrated WTF!

theuuord
07-28-2009, 07:58 PM
He's lost all respect by saying Kwame Brown was underrated :pity:

Kwame is underrated.

Lone Maverick
07-28-2009, 08:06 PM
This dude loses all credibility with that joke of a list......smh

BADizzleBoY
07-28-2009, 08:08 PM
When he spells Chris Andersen right then I will listen to him.

Jays Claw
What a sick joke.

How can he call Kwame Brown underrated?

madiaz3
Dirk, really?

Draco

How so? I thought he gave some valid reasons for thinking these players aren't living up to their reputations (good or bad).

CowboysKB24
07-28-2009, 08:09 PM
He lost all respect to me by saying CP is overrated WTF!

What has CP3 done except for have on good year? He finished second in MVP voting (big deal means nothing the MVP) and lost in the second round at home game 7.

theuuord
07-28-2009, 08:11 PM
What a sick joke.

How can he call Kwame Brown underrated?

again, Kwame is underrated.

He's hated on and used as a poster child for terrible basketball so much that people totally forget about what his actual production is.

He's an average bench player that people treat like he should have been undrafted. Had he been taken lower - say, 15th and beyond - no one would have any problem with him.

BADizzleBoY
Sike I guess he did, Draco didn't

Kings Faithful
Yeah, his overrated list is a joke.

BADizzleBoY
07-28-2009, 08:12 PM
Sike I guess he did, Draco didn't..

CowboysKB24
07-28-2009, 08:12 PM

Dirk has done nothing but lose

Vinny642
07-28-2009, 08:15 PM
Haha what an ignorant post. Chris Paul didnt have only one good year...... there is your first mistake.

CP3's rookie year was great he had the highest PER of any rookie PG since Magic.

His second year, he was hurt a little bit.

His third year where he went second in MVP voting..... he isnt good because the whole team lost in game 7? Especially when no one ****ing expected the Honrets to do anything at all and they ended up 2nd in the West.

Last season- 23Pnts 11 Assist 2.something steals.

He led the league in assist and steals two years in a row.
I dont get how he is overrated from that....

Draco
07-28-2009, 08:23 PM
Haha what an ignorant post. Chris Paul didnt have only one good year...... there is your first mistake.

CP3's rookie year was great he had the highest PER of any rookie PG since Magic.

His second year, he was hurt a little bit.

His third year where he went second in MVP voting..... he isnt good because the whole team lost in game 7? Especially when no one ****ing expected the Honrets to do anything at all and they ended up 2nd in the West.

Last season- 23Pnts 11 Assist 2.something steals.

He led the league in assist and steals two years in a row.
I dont get how he is overrated from that....

Those are good reasons to think h e's a great player but that's not why Rosen thinks he's overrated.

Here's his explanation.

Chris Paul

There's no doubt that CP3 has always been a truly great passer and has also worked diligently to become a dangerous 3-point shooter. But there are several reasons why he belongs in this dubious category.

In half-court offenses, he's a threat to do damage only in screen-and-roll situations, which means that doubling him virtually renders him impotent.

Because of his diminutive size — listed at 6-feet but closer to 5-foot-10 — he can be easily doubled.

His defense consists of steals. Period. Which in turn depends mostly on opponents' mistakes.

Many opponents simply take the ball to their favorite spot and then shoot over him.

Even when using a screen-and-roll, he's not nearly as effective going left as he is going right.

When was the last time that a pipsqueak-sized point guard led his team to an NBA championship? Slater Martin with the St. Louis Hawks in 1958 — which means that while Paul's Hornets will be a good team, they'll never be good enough.

Kings Faithful
07-28-2009, 08:25 PM
Yeah, his overrated list is a joke.

ARMIN12NBA
07-28-2009, 08:25 PM
Kevin Garnett

His performance in the 2008 NBA Finals against the Lakers was a good indication of where he's really at.

# In Boston's six-point loss in Game 3, Garnett shot 6-for-21.

# In Boston's five-point loss in Game 5, Garnett scored only 13 points and missed several shots in the fourth quarter.

# In Boston's championship-clinching, 39-point win in Game 6, Garnett registered his series high of 26 points.

In other words, it is well-known among the league's coaches that Garnett is a frontrunner who will inevitably choke when a critical game is up for grabs.

Gotta love Phil Jackson...

DUBSfanatic
07-28-2009, 08:28 PM
This is a joke!

ARMIN12NBA
07-28-2009, 08:29 PM
Many opponents simply take the ball to their favorite spot and then shoot over him.

I've noticed this about Chris Paul A LOT as well. He is easily one of the worst defenders out there in the NBA. I remember when even old Derek Fisher lit his *** up. Paul just has awful man on man defensive instincts. Sometimes, IMO, it looks like he doesn't care and just wants to get back on offense.

Vinny642
Those are good reasons to think h e's a great player but that's not why Rosen thinks he's overrated.

Here's his explanation.

I dont agreed with some of the stuff. When he is doubled he easily splits the defense. He cannot be guarded by PGs or SFs. The only time I seen someone just shoot over him like it was nothing was Billups in that series. This guy really doesn't know what he is talking about.

ARMIN12NBA

I've noticed this about Chris Paul A LOT as well. He is easily one of the worst defenders out there in the NBA. I remember when even old Derek Fisher lit his *** up. Paul just has awful man on man defensive instincts. Sometimes, IMO, it looks like he doesn't care and just wants to get back on offense.

mavwar53
07-28-2009, 08:30 PM
Poor lists for the most part, Kwame seriously, and all the stars that are overrated.

Vinny642
07-28-2009, 08:31 PM
OMFG PSD is really like lagging or something...

Vinny642
07-28-2009, 08:32 PM

:speechless::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Yea right.

Also one of the worst defenders in the game. Na not in your life.

VIP1349
07-28-2009, 08:38 PM
Does he really think 'Birdman' is overrated? I mean the Media turned him into some sort of superstar but for a bench big he does great. I don't see how his production makes him overrated at all. Media made the character overrated, not the player. And I don't think Stephen Jackson gets the credit he is due, yet there are times people say he is better then he really is I suppose that’s where he is coming from. But the rest of that list I agree with. The hard-nosed big men never get the respect they deserve.

skierdude44
07-28-2009, 08:42 PM
His overrated list is better than his underrated list IMO. Jason/Jarron Collins? Seriously? When Collins was with the Nets he was overpaid and underperformed. He does have a use on an NBA club but he never justified his salary. And if I'm not mistaken I'm pretty sure Rosen ripped him pretty regularly back in his Nets days.

In his underrated list he mainly just names bench players and fillers. There's no undervalued starters on there who really don't get the credit they deserve. Off the top of my head I can't think an example of one of these types of players, but they are out there and the list would have been more interesting had some of them been mentioned.

Chicagofaithful
07-28-2009, 08:44 PM
I'm a bulls fan... and he said Brad Miller is overrated? LMAO who said he was good? hahaha

Draco
07-28-2009, 08:49 PM
I'm a bulls fan... and he said Brad Miller is overrated? LMAO who said he was good? hahaha

Yeah, I thought that was an odd choice for the list.

VIP1349
07-28-2009, 08:49 PM
You might be a Collins Brother if ESPN reported you had been traded for a couple of spare basketballs, and nobody would be surprised.

BADizzleBoY
07-28-2009, 08:50 PM
Did he call Paul, overrated. My god.. this guy just seems like a Hater. Saying Paul, Andersen are overrated is horseshit. Seems like he just hates the guys who pump up the crowd.

what54!?
07-28-2009, 08:50 PM
Kwame Brown underrated? :laugh:

there goes his creditbility :pity:

BleedGreen1014
07-28-2009, 08:53 PM
What has CP3 done except for have on good year? He finished second in MVP voting (big deal means nothing the MVP) and lost in the second round at home game 7.

the dude only averages 23-11-6-3 NIGHTLY!, and he single handedly is carrying that team to the playoffs year after year

BoltLakerPadre
07-28-2009, 08:57 PM
kwame is underrated.

+1

VIP1349
07-28-2009, 09:00 PM
Kwame is Underrated. It's a matter of how low we have him. He's not great at all but when you think of crappy players, Kwame Brown comes to mind. He's not a great player but he's still solid and not worth the harsh words we say about him.

MacFitz92
07-28-2009, 09:02 PM
Chris Paul, Kevin Garnett, and Dirk overrated? Especially Dirk?

Lol, you must have a big set of balls to say that. Or a peanut-sized brain.

How in the hell is Dirk overrated? Because he didn't win a championship? Oh, so LeBron is overrated as well. Get a life.

Dirk is 4th in the league for scoring PPG. And an MVP in 2007... Overrated my @$$...

DCSportsIsPain
07-28-2009, 09:06 PM
I'd call Rosen a douchebag but that would be an insult to douchebags everywhere.

The following multi-talented players have led their respective teams nowhere for so many years that their being overrated is no longer news. Stephon Marbury, who only last week still insisted that he's the best point guard in the NBA. Dirk Nowitzki. Baron Davis. Peja Stojakovic. Amare Stoudemire. Vince Carter. Larry Hughes. Corey Maggette. Shawn Marion. Kenyon Martin. Tracy McGrady. Jermaine O'Neal. Wally Szczerbiak. And last and least, Allen Iverson.

At least six of those names will end up in the Hall Of Fame.
Could Rosen be any more of a tool? On second thought, let's not challenge that.

Superstar21
07-28-2009, 09:17 PM
this rosen guy is a goof!

why would any1 take time reading this guys " input" on the nba when he works for fox.......

do u ever seen the nba playing on the fox network ? nooooooooooo nice try buddy, this wont get you on espn!

JWO35
07-28-2009, 09:20 PM
In the 2008-2009 Season Kwame Brown played 58 games and started 30

He Averaged: 4.2ppg, 5.0rpg....And this makes him underrated? :speechless:

ARMIN12NBA
07-28-2009, 09:21 PM
:speechless::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Yea right.

Also one of the worst defenders in the game. Na not in your life.

Derek Fisher scored 20 points on 64% shooting against Chris Paul...

theuuord
07-28-2009, 09:21 PM
In the 2008-2009 Season Kwame Brown played 58 games and started 30

He Averaged: 4.2ppg, 5.0rpg....And this makes him underrated? :speechless:

what makes him underrated is people acting like he's the basketball equivalent of the spawn of satan.

He's not great. He's not good. But he's not the worst player the NBA has ever seen. He's a serviceable big man off the bench.

what54!?
07-28-2009, 09:27 PM
what makes him underrated is people acting like he's the basketball equivalent of the spawn of satan.

He's not great. He's not good. But he's not the worst player the NBA has ever seen. He's a serviceable big man off the bench.yes but he's still not underrated, just over criticized

Vinny642
07-28-2009, 09:28 PM
Derek Fisher scored 20 points on 64% shooting against Chris Paul...

LOL Thats nothing to what CP did against Fish

BradHolt4CYoung
07-28-2009, 09:30 PM
As a Nets fan I remember Jason Collins. To say he is underrated is BS. He is definitely the tallest man in the world who can not dunk a basketball. He was a fat piece of ****!!!!!

scully8743
07-28-2009, 09:42 PM
Perk and Biedrins are definitely underrated i agree but Chris Bosh is one of the best 4's in basketball even if his defense isn't as good as it can be and saying KG is overrated is unbelievable.

IDB Josh M
07-28-2009, 09:42 PM
Kwame is a really good position defender. In fact, if it wasn't for his small hands, he could rebound the ball well with the best of them. The problem, Kwame Brown is still haunted by his number 1 pick. Had he been drafted in the late first or early second, he would be considered a steal.

ink
07-28-2009, 09:54 PM
This was interesting too ....

Dishonorable mention

I would agree with the majority of those.

ink
07-28-2009, 09:56 PM
Perk and Biedrins are definitely underrated i agree but Chris Bosh is one of the best 4's in basketball even if his defense isn't as good as it can be and saying KG is overrated is unbelievable.

IMO he pretty much nails Bosh. Jump shot, jump shot, jump shot, jump shot. Drive, get fouled, go to the line. Jump shot, jump shot. Repeat. Drive, occasionally get to the rim. Jump shot, jump shot. Drive, foul, line, repeat.

ewells20
07-28-2009, 09:59 PM
Allow me to laugh at that list...HAA!!!

First Chris Paul is the BEST point guard in the league. His team is so bad without him that they probably wouldn't have won 35 games without him... West is a mediocre PF without Paul and an allstar with him

Kwame Brown is a player that doesn't take a play off. I agree. He TAKES EVERY PLAY OFF....

Brad Miller isn't overrated, no one expects him to carry a team, nothing has been expected of Szcerbiack since the beginning of the decade.

And Chris "Birdman" Anderson gets all that publicity because he is outrageous and it's hilarious.

Overrated: Vince Carter, Tracy McGrady
Underrated: Paul Milsap, Jose Calderon, Deron Williams

KC22
07-28-2009, 09:59 PM
This guy is a joke. Here is a real overrated list

Ron Artest
Kenyon Martin
Dwight Howard
Jason Kidd
Nate Robinson
T-Mac

SlowMo
07-28-2009, 10:13 PM
Here's my list of overrated players:

Ron Artest
Gilbert Arenas
Richard Jefferson
Jameer Nelson
Zach Randolph
Tyson Chandler
David Lee (used to be underrated, but now thinks he's worth 8-10 mil? not so much... he overrates himself)
Marcin Gortat
Jason Kidd (only in his old age and what the mavs are paying him)
Shawn Marion
Hedo Turkoglu
Lamar Odom
Kenyon Martin (more overpaid than overrated, not much is expected of him anymore)

IAMLordRaider
07-28-2009, 10:14 PM
This guy was drinking when he wrote this column or it's a joke!

cowboyz180
07-28-2009, 11:14 PM
this is a joke....

Spurred1
07-29-2009, 12:41 AM
Some of the players that got dishonorable mention were never the "leaders" of their teams, but rather role players or second/third stars of their teams. So how could they "lead" their teams to nowhere?

ARMIN12NBA
07-29-2009, 12:51 AM
LOL Thats nothing to what CP did against Fish

CP is still a bad defender...

JLynn943
07-29-2009, 01:39 AM
This guy was drinking when he wrote this column or it's a joke!

Everything he writes is a joke. The vast majority of his articles are just him criticizing players/teams for not playing how he thinks they should play. The rest are him praising the Spurs and Lakers.

He's a bitter old man who can't find a job actually in basketball, so he writes about how awful everyone who doesn't play all-star defense is. If you're paid well and aren't great on defense, Rosen has probably written about how overrated you are.

kozelkid
07-29-2009, 01:54 AM
Chris Paul has no business being overrated. In fact he's completely underrated. He deserves to be on the same list as Wade, Kobe, Lebron yet never receives that flashy recognition since he isn't as good of a dunker.

politiczombie
07-29-2009, 02:36 AM
Anderson, CP3, Garnett, Dirk, Marion and even Wally should not be on that list Garnett has a ring and is a great player Anderson isn't suppose to even be a star same goes for Wally Marion IMO is a great player guys can shoot and play good D CP is just amazing and Dirk is as well

As for underrated list that might just be as bad that list should be more like underrated bech players I guess Tayshaun is a good example of an underrated player Caron Butler or even Rafer Alston

JayW_1023
07-29-2009, 04:58 AM
I actually agree with most of his assessments. Kwame Brown gets called overrated because he didn't up to his No.1 pick status...but if you consider in what he does as a role player...playing physical post defense, he is not bad at all.

Rosen is actually one of the most knowledgable analysts out there who never strays into the hype. Rosen is one of the few people who analyzes players for their play on the hardwood as opposed to just the sportscenter highlights and statistics.

Before you go and disagree with him, at least give just as good reasoning as he does why you disagree. The whole 'hater' mantra makes people seem like they don't know jack about basketball...and that's one thing you can never accuse Rosen of.

azkarraga
07-29-2009, 05:47 AM
nonsense. following his own logic, every good player who doesnt have a ring is overrated.

dee279
07-29-2009, 05:58 AM
CP3 and KG are not overrated. He musta missed how the Celtics loss in the playoffs without KG and won the championship with him. Also, we wouldnt be talking about New Orleans if they were no CP3.

brentn2n
07-29-2009, 06:18 AM
hahahaha

Ragun
07-29-2009, 06:38 AM
kevin garnett is overvalued? is he stupid?

stealth33
07-29-2009, 07:26 AM
Chris Paul isn't overrated for several reasons. He put a decimated New Orleans team on the map. You take him away from that team now and it's crap. I think instead of looking at it like the #2 in MVP year was luck, I think last year was just the off year and he's going to bounce back.

He clearly makes players around him a lot better. Tyson Chandler and David West in particular. Sure it's a two way street but honestly...people talk about how Lebron carries a horrible team far in the playoffs...Chris Paul's team isn't exactly great. It's thin and his "all star" running mate is a very questionable one in my opinion.

PG is a very important position, but it's also one of those positions where championships are a little rare when your pg or at least his size. Not giving him a handicap just putting it in perspective. He needs a better team around him before people start saying overrated because I don't think you could put any pg in the league on that team instead of him and it gets better. Which would make sense because he's the best pg in the league...how to overrate that.

ackar
07-29-2009, 08:37 AM
You guys are mad cause he crit your favorite players. His overrated list has some valid points.

faridk89
07-29-2009, 08:50 AM
how is KG overrated? he's a beast, he's getting old and becoming less of the go to guy but still is an animal, this guy is a moron

CELTICS4LYFE
07-29-2009, 10:22 AM
All i can say is lmfao!!!!!!

uncblue2332
07-29-2009, 10:36 AM
sorry that Carlos Boozer and Chris Bosh average 20-10 sorry CP3 is the best point in the league, sorry KG is a dominate force, sorry Marcus Camby and Birdman are the only NBA players who play defense. That overrated list is redunkulous.

Underrated Kwame effin Brown..hahah nothing more than a bench who was a #1 pick bust, Craig Smith I can name plenty of bench forwards better than him...the collins bros suck major donkey dick....and Jeff Foster...who the guy who gets 25 min a game and cant put up but 6 ang 6...once again this list is terrible.

Here is mine

Over Rated:

Gilbert Arenas
Hedo Turk
Steve Nash
Jason Richardson
Corey Maggette
Andrew Bynum
Mo Williams

Under Rated:

Luis Scola
Kendrick Perkins
Andris Biedrins
Ray Felton
Carl Landry
Joel Przbilla
Anthony Parker
John Salmons

tland22
07-29-2009, 04:23 PM
horrible horrible article. Steph Jackson OVERrated? WHAT? Chris Paul? hahahaha does he even watch these basketball games? Camby man? KG? Bosh? what the hell is this guy going on about LOL. This guy needs to lose him job

Vinny642
07-29-2009, 04:29 PM
CP is still a bad defender...

Not bad... not the best but u act like he cant defend at all

Raoul Duke
07-29-2009, 04:33 PM
Kwame Brown is not underrated. He is mediocre and is regarded as such.

And yeah, anyone that says Chris Paul is overrated has their head so far up their own *** that it's impossible for them to actually watch any basketball.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-29-2009, 04:37 PM
wow terrible...chris paul overrated. Thats just stupid. Whoever this is should get fired

theuuord
07-29-2009, 05:17 PM
Kwame Brown is not underrated. He is mediocre and is regarded as such.

Kwame Brown is regarded as FAR worse than mediocre. He's basically the poster child for players that suck. Which is why he's underrated.

ARMIN12NBA
07-29-2009, 05:25 PM
Not bad... not the best but u act like he cant defend at all

Maybe he can defend, but he doesn't try to whatsoever.

Vinny642
07-29-2009, 05:26 PM

I think Chris Paul does what he has to to kept New Orleans a valid playoff team.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-29-2009, 05:42 PM
Don't be fooled by stats, fan-voted All-Star Game appearances, highlighted plays and/or media hype. While every combatant in the NBA is a truly great player, too many of them are gauged by misleading standards.

Here are the most grossly over-valued, not-so superstars.

Chris Andersen
Gilbert Arenas
Carlos Boozer
Chris Bosh
Marcus Camby
Kevin Garnett
Al Harrington
Stephen Jackson
Brad Miller
Chris Paul

Dishonorable mention

fail.

tland22
07-29-2009, 05:46 PM

you need to wake up man. Chris Paul is single handedly responsible for more turnovers in the last two years than anyone else in the NBA. What is D for? it is to get the ball back without allowing the other team to score. His height makes his just solid and not a great defender...but his team D and quickness and hands etc makes up for that, which in-turn puts Chris Paul as a VERY GOOD defender. Its not OFTEN he gets dominated by the player he guards..this is one of the many factors in PER and other giant statistical symbols.

WAKE UP MAN!

JayW_1023
07-30-2009, 04:52 AM
People think CP3 is a good defender because of his steals and such. But people fail to realise, that steals and blocks aren't INDICATORS of good defense...they are simply results of of good defense. Everything that happend beforhand is defense.

People are rubbing Rosens words the wrong way. CP3 is still an All-NBA player...the thing what makes him overrated is the fact that people seem to deny he has any holes in his game. And the holes in CP3's game are still significant enough to point out.

Apperantly most PSD'ers are easy to mislead.

Heatcheck
07-30-2009, 05:31 AM
this guys full of ****. of course yuo can find knock on every player. But if they produce then they cant be overrated, especially if its someone like chris paul who creates everything for his team.

Yea Dirk is overrated, but overrated for a superstar. not as a player.

And i dont care what he says. Kuame and both collins suck camel nuts. u can get his production from exactly that, an undrafted free agent.

Heatcheck
07-30-2009, 05:35 AM
my only hope is that rosen one day becomes a GM so he can be ridiculed and the way he destroys a franchise.
A front court of kuame, foster, and one of the collins. now thats funny

Raoul Duke
07-30-2009, 02:26 PM
Wasn't Chris Paul voted second team all defense last season? Also, if you're going to talk about his turnovers, then talk about his assist to turnover ratio, which is stellar.

I can admit CP3 has a few areas that could use improvement(he could... be taller?), but to call him overrated is an exaggeration. It's nitpicking to the umpteenth degree. I'd give my left nut to have that guy in a Pistons uniform. We'd have another championship within two seasons, at least according to Rosen, because we'd have the unstoppable tandem of Chris Paul and KWAME FREAKIN' BROWN.

See, because Kwame would cancel out all of CP3's faults!

Unfreakinbelievable.

JLynn943
07-30-2009, 03:48 PM
Rosen is actually one of the most knowledgable analysts out there who never strays into the hype. Rosen is one of the few people who analyzes players for their play on the hardwood as opposed to just the sportscenter highlights and statistics.

Before you go and disagree with him, at least give just as good reasoning as he does why you disagree. The whole 'hater' mantra makes people seem like they don't know jack about basketball...and that's one thing you can never accuse Rosen of.

He may not fall for the hype, but he also fails to appreciate great offensive players. I agree with some of his statements (Kwame being underrated and Chris Paul overrated), but mostly he bashes people for not playing great defense.

I understand that most people overrate players based on offensive ability, and you might think it's refreshing to hear someone who empasizes defense, but he falls into the same trap. Defense is half of the game, yet he values it much more than offense (as evidenced by both his overrated and underrated lists). His overrated list consists mostly of players great on offense but not defense, and his underrated consists of players awful with the ball but good on deense. He's not a good analyst, he's just biased the other way.

And not a hater? Really? Perhaps you're a Lakers or Spurs fan, or maybe you just don't read his articles, but I would definitely qualify him as a hater. He regularly makes articles like this, criticizing players and teams just for the fun of it. Nothing positive. Sure some of what he says may be valid, but when his overrated list includes the likes of Brad Miller, Wally Szczerbiak, and Larry Hughes? Honestly, no one overrates any of them- Rosen just doesn't like them.

Maybe I'm just biased because he routinely takes time to bash both my favorite team and player, but hey, he's just as biased. His integrity as a basketball analyst suffers with every article he writes.

8kobe24
07-30-2009, 03:58 PM
Kwame?

Shamar81
07-30-2009, 04:26 PM
See links for individual player explanations.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/9852462/Who-are-the-NBA's-most-overrated-players?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/9850146/Who-are-the-NBA's-most-underrated-players?

Chris Paul and Chris Bosh overrated? Kwame Brown and Jason collions underrated. This is a joke.

JWO35
07-30-2009, 04:28 PM
Oh Wow!

I didn't even know he put the Collin Twins on here :pity:

Shamar81
07-30-2009, 04:31 PM
sorry that Carlos Boozer and Chris Bosh average 20-10 sorry CP3 is the best point in the league, sorry KG is a dominate force, sorry Marcus Camby and Birdman are the only NBA players who play defense. That overrated list is redunkulous.

Underrated Kwame effin Brown..hahah nothing more than a bench who was a #1 pick bust, Craig Smith I can name plenty of bench forwards better than him...the collins bros suck major donkey dick....and Jeff Foster...who the guy who gets 25 min a game and cant put up but 6 ang 6...once again this list is terrible.

Here is mine

Over Rated:

Gilbert Arenas
Hedo Turk
Steve Nash
Jason Richardson
Corey Maggette
Andrew Bynum
Mo Williams

Under Rated:

Luis Scola
Kendrick Perkins
Andris Biedrins
Ray Felton
Carl Landry
Joel Przbilla
Anthony Parker
John Salmons

I agre with this list except for steve nash. I dont think his overrated but other than that this list is on point

Shamar81
07-30-2009, 04:36 PM
He may not fall for the hype, but he also fails to appreciate great offensive players. I agree with some of his statements (Kwame being underrated and Chris Paul overrated), but mostly he bashes people for not playing great defense.

I understand that most people overrate players based on offensive ability, and you might think it's refreshing to hear someone who empasizes defense, but he falls into the same trap. Defense is half of the game, yet he values it much more than offense (as evidenced by both his overrated and underrated lists). His overrated list consists mostly of players great on offense but not defense, and his underrated consists of players awful with the ball but good on deense. He's not a good analyst, he's just biased the other way.

And not a hater? Really? Perhaps you're a Lakers or Spurs fan, or maybe you just don't read his articles, but I would definitely qualify him as a hater. He regularly makes articles like this, criticizing players and teams just for the fun of it. Nothing positive. Sure some of what he says may be valid, but when his overrated list includes the likes of Brad Miller, Wally Szczerbiak, and Larry Hughes? Honestly, no one overrates any of them- Rosen just doesn't like them.

Maybe I'm just biased because he routinely takes time to bash both my favorite team and player, but hey, he's just as biased. His integrity as a basketball analyst suffers with every article he writes.

Chris Paul is the best point guard in the NBA hands down. There is no one better. How is he overrated. Look at his stats he plays defense he gets steals. I dont see how people can say he's overrated. If he was a freee agent every single team would throw dollars at him. Id trade every player on the knicks for Chris Paul. Kwame Brown is smaller a bum. He might be the biggest bust of all time. Bias or not look at the stats and watch Paul play. He's the best pg in the league hands down

Draco
07-31-2009, 04:44 PM
I take exception to your recent article that brands Chris Paul as being overrated. Also, how can you claim that Slater Martin was the last "pipsqueak" point guard to lead his team to a championship? What about Avery Johnson and Isiah Thomas? — Versal Mason III, Durham, N.C.

You're absolutely right about Avery Johnson. My bad.

But Zeke was another story altogether.

Thomas was at least two inches taller and 10 pounds heavier than Paul — so Zeke could not be characterized as a pipsqueak. In any event, he also played much better defense and his offensive skills were more diverse and effective than are CP3's.

When Paul truly learns to run an offense, when he can play adequate straight-up defense, when he doesn't require the help of a screen/roll to get good shots, then I'll remove him from this category.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/9872036/Answering-your-NBA-questions:-No-love-for-Knicks?

RollinDeep
07-31-2009, 05:48 PM
I think people misinterpreting over-rated as meaning they are a bad player

and underrated as meaning they are actually really good.

Ex)Someone mentioning Dirk isn't overrated as a player, he's is just overrated as a superstar.

Which would still make him overrated (according to that statement)

Although I don't necessarily agree with all these names listed.

itsripcity32
07-31-2009, 05:49 PM
i have faith in u kwame brown

bogdanrom
07-31-2009, 05:59 PM

One good year? What are you talking about? The past three seasons he's been a legit players, and the past two he's averaged 22 PPG, 11 APG.

AI4MVP
07-31-2009, 06:04 PM
Andrew Bynum is without a doubt themost overrated player in the NBA.

The media talks about him like hes Wilt Chamberlain

The most underrated player is Kevin Durant. Hes in the class of Wade, Bryant, and LeBron. If you replace any of those players with Durant then they do just as good

tland22
07-31-2009, 06:06 PM
yea Chris Paul last year had 22.8 PPG 11 assist 5.5 rebs 2.8 steals FG% 50.3 FT% 86.8 3point% 36.4

so I think its safe to say he didnt have a "down year" last year LOL. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF HIS STATS EXCEPT POINTS, IS BETTER THAN WADE"S LAST YEAR...and that was Wade's best statistical season. So i gues Wade is ov errated too then right? Right? That only makes sense LOL just kidding.... Make no mistake about it, Chris Paul is a SAVAGE on the court

oh and he was 23years old two months ago.

Lakers3747
07-31-2009, 06:22 PM
LeBron James is overated Pau Gaslo is underated

WadeCounty
07-31-2009, 06:34 PM
as soon as i saw KG and CP3 i didnt bother reading the rest

JayW_1023
08-01-2009, 07:00 AM
The media talks about him like hes Wilt Chamberlain

That's because he plays for the Lakers.

bogdanrom
08-01-2009, 03:39 PM
Also Greg Oden was overrated. I know he has had trouble with injuries and he can still become a great player but it's safe to say that Kevin Durant is better than him and probably will be better than him.

justhefacts
08-01-2009, 04:40 PM
1st chris bosh overrated and kwame brown is underrated last season CB 22PPG 10RP/ K-BROWN 4PPG 5RPG i think i want the 20 and 10 guy CP3 22ppg 11apg 5rpg and 2spg and his numbers are improving every yr anlso i believe birdmans numbers are better than kwame's mr andersen 6 ppg 2.5bpg 6rpg and remember chris is just an energy guy a shot block artist if you will moving on dirk 25 and 8 amare 21 and 8 tack on 2apg and a block i'll give u andris but the rest of your underrated list is not well thought out...i guess dan marino is overrated because he never won a ring please lay off the peyote my man it's warping your brain..."don't be fooled by stats" what else are we looking for? Production my man...Kwame Brown you must know him personally KWAME BROWN THE 1ST PICK OF THE 2001 DRAFT 4PPG I call that a BUST! Now you have yourself a good day

mjt20mik
08-01-2009, 05:52 PM
Bosh and KG overated. What a wack job

Rex-Raptorz
08-01-2009, 06:31 PM
how the hell is cb overrated the guy averages 22.7 pts 10 reb (one of only 3 players in the league to average a double double , cp3 and d12 are the others) he was a key part of team usa But he still gets less all star votes than kg who's 33 scores 15 pts per game and 8 reb . If anything bosh is underrated

jimbobjarree
08-01-2009, 06:35 PM
Ariza, Oden, Bargs (after seeing that top 10 centers list :pity:) and varajao overated (contract wise anyway)

After seeing that top 10 centers list I think Memo is vastly underated

PBG
08-01-2009, 06:40 PM
again, Kwame is underrated.

He's hated on and used as a poster child for terrible basketball so much that people totally forget about what his actual production is.

He's an average bench player that people treat like he should have been undrafted. Had he been taken lower - say, 15th and beyond - no one would have any problem with him.

you make GREAT points! we need to stop all this kwame hating....

Rex-Raptorz
08-01-2009, 06:47 PM
Over Rated:

Gilbert Arenas
Dwight Howard(Watch the playoffs again)
Kevin garnett (offensively)
Rodney stuckey
Rajon rondo
Andrew Bynum
Mo Williams

Under Rated:

Luis Scola
Kendrick Perkins
Andris Biedrins
Ray Felton
Brandon roy
Zach Randolph
Anthony Parker
John Salmons

AI4MVP
08-01-2009, 06:51 PM
no. no one needs to stop the kwame hating. he was picked number one overall ahead of some pretty damn good players and he hasnt produced near as well as he was supposed to do.

he has all the physical tools, but he didnt put in the work to be what he should have be

please everyone, continue the kwame hate

DetroitRipCity
08-01-2009, 07:53 PM
Lebron is over-rated until he wins a title

tland22
08-02-2009, 12:18 PM
^^^^ that comment was not a very smart one. Unless by "smart" it means very dumb.

P.I.
08-02-2009, 01:03 PM
Over-rated Chris Paul?
Under-rated Kwame Brown?

SMH @ thread

Toenail Clipper
08-02-2009, 01:04 PM
Overrated - LeBron "Queen" James
Underrated - Sasha Vujajic. HAHAHAHA

pf289
08-02-2009, 01:08 PM
Lebron is overrated because people think hes better than Kobe. But he still is #2 in the league so hes not overrated by much. Thats just my thought.

RapsGuy23
08-02-2009, 01:49 PM
I'm beside myself. Rosen needs to lay off the Kush. To discuss players of Stephen Jackson and Chris Andersons caliber in a comparative conversation with the likes of Kevin Garrnett and Dirk Nowitzki is absurd.

"Don't be fooled by stats, fan-voted All-Star Game appearances, highlighted plays and/or media hype."

Who is their right mind would say that Chris Anderson falls into the above category (or for that matter Al Harrington, Stephen Jackson or Brad Miller). How can a player be over hyped if they haven't receive any hype in the first place?

Dirk, CP3, KG, and Bosh overrated...I think not.

DetroitRipCity
08-02-2009, 04:19 PM
^^^^ that comment was not a very smart one. Unless by "smart" it means very dumb.

really you think my comment was dumb?? Well lemme break it down into terms you might be able to understand

ok little timmy everyone calls lebron "king" James right? Well what do Kings always have? Thats right RINGS

OVER-RATED

bigsams50
08-02-2009, 04:50 PM
How is lebron overatted, for not winning a ring yet, hes only 24 and dominating the game the way he is is just absurd

KB24PG16
08-02-2009, 05:04 PM
kwame brown :laugh:

Basketballguy87
08-02-2009, 05:16 PM
Here's my list of overrated players:

Ron Artest:clap:
Gilbert Arenas:clap:
Richard Jefferson:mad:
Jameer Nelson:confused:
Zach Randolph:eyebrow:
Tyson Chandler:eyebrow:
David Lee (used to be underrated, but now thinks he's worth 8-10 mil? not so much... he overrates himself):)
Marcin Gortat:clap:
Jason Kidd (only in his old age and what the mavs are paying him):clap:
Shawn Marion:clap:
Hedo Turkoglu:clap:
Lamar Odom:clap:
Kenyon Martin (more overpaid than overrated, not much is expected of him anymore):clap:

My smilies say it all

Wiz kids
08-02-2009, 05:18 PM
This guys an idiot

Basketballguy87
08-02-2009, 05:34 PM
Shaq is one more that i would add because of his age, he clogs the lane, and he can only win with realy good players at his side ex. Kobe and Wade

tland22
08-02-2009, 06:09 PM
really you think my comment was dumb?? Well lemme break it down into terms you might be able to understand

ok little timmy everyone calls lebron "king" James right? Well what do Kings always have? Thats right RINGS

OVER-RATED

WOW, okay....coming from a guy who probably believes that KOBE is better than Jordan.

Also coming from a guy who believes Ben Gordon will actually HELP the Pistons...

your opinion means nothing to me. LeBron isnt overrated. LeBron doesnt think he is better than MJ, as Kobe does. LeBron is better than any player currently playing in the NBA, and if you could start a Franchise, you would take LeBron at the age of 24 FIRST. No question about it.

Basketballguy87
08-02-2009, 06:23 PM
LeBron is not over-rated his skills are great.
Nuf said!

LA_Raiders
08-02-2009, 06:35 PM
lol

tonyd3b54
08-02-2009, 06:44 PM
he lost my respect wen he said kwame brown but hen gained it back big time wen he said perkins is underrated... i agree entirely with that...

DetroitRipCity
08-02-2009, 08:07 PM
How is lebron overatted, for not winning a ring yet, hes only 24 and dominating the game the way he is is just absurd

if he is so dominating then were is the hardware or at least 1 win in the nba finals

DetroitRipCity
08-02-2009, 08:17 PM
WOW, okay....coming from a guy who probably believes that KOBE is better than Jordan.

Also coming from a guy who believes Ben Gordon will actually HELP the Pistons...

your opinion means nothing to me. LeBron isnt overrated. LeBron doesnt think he is better than MJ, as Kobe does. LeBron is better than any player currently playing in the NBA, and if you could start a Franchise, you would take LeBron at the age of 24 FIRST. No question about it.

1.) Jordan is the greatest of all time

2.) BG will help the Pistons (18ppg, 3rpg, 3apg, 41% 3pt, 43% FG, who wouldnt want this)

3.) show me where Kobe said he was better than MJ (btw LBJ wears 23, and 6 for USA)

4.) Yea i would take Lebron if I were starting a Franchise i would be retarted not to cause he is eventually going to win(see number 5)

5.)
Lebron is over-rated until he wins a title

Since the day that Lebron was discovered in the small town of Akron OH, every Sports writer has been calling him the chosen 1, the prodigy, the next MJ. So far all Lebron has to show for it is 1 divison title, 1 conf Title, 1 MVP, and zero wins in the NBA Finals(42MPG 22ppg 7rpg 7apg 5topg shooting 35%). that is why Lebron is overrated UNTIL he wins a title

Spurred1
08-02-2009, 08:36 PM
I'm beside myself. Rosen needs to lay off the Kush. To discuss players of Stephen Jackson and Chris Andersons caliber in a comparative conversation with the likes of Kevin Garrnett and Dirk Nowitzki is absurd.

"Don't be fooled by stats, fan-voted All-Star Game appearances, highlighted plays and/or media hype."

Who is their right mind would say that Chris Anderson falls into the above category (or for that matter Al Harrington, Stephen Jackson or Brad Miller). How can a player be over hyped if they haven't receive any hype in the first place?

Dirk, CP3, KG, and Bosh overrated...I think not.

That is what crossed my mind also when I read the article. Don't get me wrong, Brad Miller fills a role very well on the Bulls but he really isn't on anyone's radar as a star. The same could be said for Wally S., Larry Hughes, or some of the other guys on the list. Nobody honestly expects much from them because they are role players and probably aren't rated as a result.
(Note, some of those guys are role players, not all.)

bigsams50
08-03-2009, 05:52 AM
of course a detroit fan is calling lebron overated, he owns yall in the playoffs

bbcmillionaire
08-03-2009, 06:09 AM
hahaha who knew brad miller was over rated lmao

JayW_1023
08-03-2009, 06:10 AM
1.) Jordan is the greatest of all time

2.) BG will help the Pistons (18ppg, 3rpg, 3apg, 41% 3pt, 43% FG, who wouldnt want this)

3.) show me where Kobe said he was better than MJ (btw LBJ wears 23, and 6 for USA)

4.) Yea i would take Lebron if I were starting a Franchise i would be retarted not to cause he is eventually going to win(see number 5)

5.)

Since the day that Lebron was discovered in the small town of Akron OH, every Sports writer has been calling him the chosen 1, the prodigy, the next MJ. So far all Lebron has to show for it is 1 divison title, 1 conf Title, 1 MVP, and zero wins in the NBA Finals(42MPG 22ppg 7rpg 7apg 5topg shooting 35%). that is why Lebron is overrated UNTIL he wins a title

I don't think it's fair to say that. LeBron is still maturing and still a young guy. It's not like he had a Shaq to play with at the beginning of his career. Not many player can win a title at age 24 as the face of the franchise. Give LeBron a break. Individually he is already the most talented player in the NBA and without him, the Cavs would be worse than any other team in the league. No team relies as much on it's superstar to win. Remember, Jordan won his first title in his late twenties.

I wouldn't be too excited about Ben Gordons aquisition. Sure he is a dynamite scorer...but when his shot isn't falling he is just about useless. Prepare to really be frustrated seeing the guy put up 40 one game and 8 the next...because that's the kind of player he is.

ClipperfanKevin
08-03-2009, 06:25 AM
blah blah blah, ______ isn't overrated because he isn't a star

______ isnt underrated but over criticized.

jesus christ people look up the definition of overrated and underrated before you post

in reality, hes a good player, but the public thinks that he's a great player, he is overrated
in reality, hes a below average player, but the public thinks that he's the worst player to get an nba contract, he's underrated!