PDA

View Full Version : If the Big 3 teams in the East or the Big 2 in the West were to be upset ....

JordansBulls
07-28-2009, 04:48 PM
If the Big 3 teams in the East or the Big 2 in the West were to be upset, who has the best chance to knock off either of these teams besides each other.

Eastern Conference
Boston
Cleveland
Orlando

Western Conference
LA Lakers
San Antonio

Teams in the mix for the East: Chicago, Washington, Atlanta, Miami, Toronto, Philadelphia, Detroit

Teams in the mix for the West: Denver, Portland, Dallas, New Orleans, Phoenix, Utah, Houston

superkegger
07-28-2009, 04:53 PM
Who knows, it's not even August, there's still a lot of time for teams to make a move to be contender's or solidify their status as contender's. Too early to know a whole lot really. I mean last year, a lot of people thought Toronto and Philadelphia would be a lot better. Turns out they weren't. Just way too early to know.

Shahrose
07-28-2009, 04:55 PM
East: Phili/ATL
West: Denver/Dallas

rifleman
07-28-2009, 04:55 PM
miami if get odom/boozer maybe upsetting orlando
washington maybe upsetting cleveland
chicago maybe upsetting boston

out west
portland maybe upsetting LA
dallas upsetting San Antonio

IBleedPurple
07-28-2009, 04:57 PM
I think Denver would have to be up there, and they're just outside of SA/LA. Denver makes trades closer to the start of the season, so I don't believe they're done dealing.

Joshtd1
07-28-2009, 05:00 PM
I think the best chance for teams to knock out LA or SA it would be Blazers vs Lakers, and Dallas vs Spurs since I noticed those are the teams that always play them tough.

st3voness
07-28-2009, 05:02 PM
In the East:

Detroit with it's revamped roster featuring Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva.

Atlanta with an underrated moved in acquiring Jamal Crawford to go alongside an already prominent roster of Josh Smith, Mike Bibby, and Joe Johnson.

Washington with it's load of talent on its roster. They key is for the team to stay healthy, specifically Gilbert Arenas.

Miami because you can never count Dwayne Wade out of anything.

In the West:

Dallas with its eventful, but quiet off-season. Kidd, Howard, Terry, and Nowitzki have been a tandem to be reckoned with, but the team's lack of defense has hurt them in the post-season. The acquisition of Shawn Marion will help that a lot, combined with quality signings of Drew Gooden, Tim Thomas, and Quinton Ross. This team will definitely make some noise.

Denver was the second-best team in the West last season, but have not done anything to improve themselves. Even with a quiet off-season, their roster (Billups, Melo, Smith, Martin, Nene) still can compete with the league's elite.

Portland has a young core that can't be counted out. Brandon Roy is as good a SG featured in the West and the signing Andre Miller solidifies a position that was considered weak last season. Miller, Roy, and Aldridge will have to carry this team if Greg Oden can not stay healthy or improve his game.

New Orleans. CP3 has been given Emeka Okafor to work with, but is that really an upgrade over the athletic Tyson Chandler? The chemistry of this team with Paul, West, and Okafor will determine their fate this season.

chaos47
07-28-2009, 05:03 PM
If we go by the rosters right now I would say either the Wizards(yes a homer pick)if they are healthy they will be a very good team. Or I would go with Toronto, I really like them adding Turkoglu.

In the West I think I would ahve to go with Portland. They Have got a stud in Brandon Roy, and a very good up and coming team.

We will see if any other teams make any moves. I'm also interested to see how the Okafor trade works for Hornets.

NYYCowboys
07-28-2009, 05:05 PM
Knicks! lol

cowboyz180
07-28-2009, 11:16 PM
mavs, and nuggets

JWO35
07-28-2009, 11:25 PM
Seeing that over this past decade the Detroit Pistons just dominated the Orlando Magic (Regular Season & Playoffs). They have the best chance to upset the Magic

Washington has the Best chance to upset the Cavs. If Gilbert Arenas is 100% and is back to his old style of play.

And, the Bulls can upset the Boston Celtics...if they can find someone with the shooting ability of Ben Gordon(without question, he was the one that pushed it to 7games)

Storch
07-28-2009, 11:25 PM
I think the best chance for teams to knock out LA or SA it would be Blazers vs Lakers, and Dallas vs Spurs since I noticed those are the teams that always play them tough.

x2 :nod:

kswissdaf
07-28-2009, 11:28 PM
My prediction Spurs Vs Celtics put i maybe the nuggets could upset the spurs. They got the second best PG in the game Second best SF solid center. Jr smith can explode at any time

Hellcrooner
07-28-2009, 11:30 PM
Blazers or Mavs west .......there wont be an east upset unless a big trde happens but i would go with the Raps in any case...

JordansBulls
07-29-2009, 12:05 AM
Knicks! lol

:speechless:

fairandbalanced
07-29-2009, 12:35 AM
I don't think Miami beating either of them is an upset. If the Knicks, Nets or the Bucks were to beat any of them, that's the upset.

JordansBulls
07-29-2009, 08:27 AM
I don't think Miami beating either of them is an upset. If the Knicks, Nets or the Bucks were to beat any of them, that's the upset.

Depends on if they get Odom or not.

S-Dot
07-29-2009, 09:52 AM
West: Denver and Dallas
East: Washington, Miami (only because of the 2006 Finals)

JordansBulls
07-30-2009, 10:25 PM
West: Denver and Dallas
East: Washington, Miami (only because of the 2006 Finals)

I think Dallas and Washington are the teams that seem most likely to.