PDA

View Full Version : future OF

Mcclutch
07-28-2009, 04:17 PM
so he have mccutchen and he is deffinately staying in the outfield alot of people are saying
LF milledge
CF mccutchen
RF tabata
but what about gorkys hernandez and even robbie grossman. ive heard that the pirates were thinking about moving milledge to second but i was wondering if you think gorkys to third. he could be like chone figgins was at third but i wasnt sure he had the arm to play there and i know tabata has a cannon so what about him at third and i really dont know what they would do with grossman. just seeing what u guys think

burgh_fan66
07-29-2009, 12:37 AM
so he have mccutchen and he is deffinately staying in the outfield alot of people are saying
LF milledge
CF mccutchen
RF tabata
but what about gorkys hernandez and even robbie grossman. ive heard that the pirates were thinking about moving milledge to second but i was wondering if you think gorkys to third. he could be like chone figgins was at third but i wasnt sure he had the arm to play there and i know tabata has a cannon so what about him at third and i really dont know what they would do with grossman. just seeing what u guys think

Problem number 1 with moving anyone to 3rd base is Alvarez. I know he might move to first but he is still a 3rd baseman. After that LaRoche has shown promise so do not discount him. But to be honest is this is the biggest problem we have finding a place for outfielders to play then I will be a happy Pirate fan.

But in my honest opinion I see hernandez in left, cutch in center, milledge in right. Grossman will be slower getting here than the rest (so he will be in reserve ready to replace Milledge (or anybody else really) if he should falter). And Tabata if he continues to show promise I see him being a trading chip for hopefully a stable veteran to put in the upper part of the rotation. A dream I know but hey what else can we do?

burgh_fan66
07-29-2009, 12:46 AM
We both forgot to mention two other good outfield prospects. Wes Freeman and Starling Marte.

Marte has been impressive thus far in 100 ABs in low A (AVG .340; SLG .430; OPS .828)

And Freeman is even further away in rookie ball but he has show some promise.

Marte is one of two under the radar prospects I like a lot. The other is Matthew Hauge (1B/3B). Both are a few years away but I get a good feeling about them for some reason.

Anyway it is way too early to start thinking about this. Too many variables. For instance if we sign Sano many people believe he might move to the OF.

SidTheKid87
07-29-2009, 02:13 PM
Lineup next year
C-Doumit
1B-Jones
2B-Young?
SS-I have no idea who could even be close to filling this role
3B-LaRoche
LF-Milledge
CF-McCutchon
RF-Moss/First one to be promoted from Triple AAA

Almost nothing will change for next year unless we bring up Clement to play first and Jones plays right?

burgh_fan66
07-29-2009, 02:33 PM
Cedeno will play short next year. I do not think they want to bring Diaz up and there is noone else.