PDA

View Full Version : Allen Iverson, sure thing for Hall of Fame?

TannerOwnsDevin
07-28-2009, 03:05 PM
Discuss, the possibilitites why he deserves to be there or why he does'nt.

what54!?
07-28-2009, 03:08 PM
yes one bad season will not hurt his status as a Hofer. He's put up too good numbers not to be there

D-Will4Prez
07-28-2009, 03:10 PM
Not a true PG but I'd put him in the HOF...for 5 seasons he averaged 30+ PPG that alone should get him in there.

B.JenningsMVP
07-28-2009, 03:12 PM
Yes

superkegger
07-28-2009, 03:16 PM
Interesting tidbit. No player who won the regular season MVP that is HOF elgible, has not made it.

But beyond that, he's HOF bound, yes.

theuuord
07-28-2009, 03:18 PM
Of course.

C_Mund
07-28-2009, 03:19 PM
If his style of play had won him a couple 'chips, he'd be regarded in (ALMOST) the same context as Jordan. He was revolutionary, his style had never been seen before, and we may never see a little man that can score the way he has.

tland22
07-28-2009, 03:19 PM
I hope Im not being insulting here but..... Of course he is a sure fire Hall of Famer. NO BRAINER!

J_M_B
07-28-2009, 03:23 PM
Of course he's a Hall of Famer. Who ever votes no in this poll sure doesn't know who Allen Iverson is and what he accomplished in his career.

Raph12
07-28-2009, 03:32 PM
No question, without a doubt 1st ballot HOFer, no offence but this thread is kind of stupid. He was HOF bound after his MVP season and that was only 5 years in. This guy scored 40pts in 5 straight games as a rookie (NBA Record), not to mention a 50pt game within those games, he is the best scorer 6'0" or under and has overcome adversity time and time again.

@ C Mund: I agree if he had some chips (4+) to back up his AMAZING stats than he would be in the same converstation as Jordan, Kobe, Russell etc.. as one of the best of all time

ink
He'll be in the Hall, especially since it's a Hall of FAME. Iverson is one of the most famous players in the last decade, so it's a no brainer.

dbow1920
1000000000000000% yes

itsripcity32
07-28-2009, 03:33 PM
Not a true PG but I'd put him in the HOF...for 5 seasons he averaged 30+ PPG that alone should get him in there.

what does being a pg have to do with being in the hof

TannerOwnsDevin
07-28-2009, 03:43 PM
Bernard King averaged 20 + a couple of season. Not a HOF. Also had some NBA scoring records tucked under his resume. Not a HOF.

Interesting tidbit. No player who won the regular season MVP that is HOF elgible, has not made it.

But beyond that, he's HOF bound, yes.

There were.

He'll be in the Hall, especially since it's a Hall of FAME. Iverson is one of the most famous players in the last decade, so it's a no brainer.

Dennis Rodman was famous, not in the HOF.

theuuord
07-28-2009, 03:45 PM
There were.

who?

There's no doubt that Allen Iverson is a Hall of Famer. For a hundred reasons.

ink
07-28-2009, 03:46 PM

Haha. But I think that's called "burning your bridges". AI hasn't even come remotely close to wingnut Rodman territory.

Lakers4ItAll
07-28-2009, 03:46 PM
AI is the best player ever for his size IMO no doubt he gets in the HOF

TannerOwnsDevin
07-28-2009, 03:57 PM
AI is the best player ever for his size IMO no doubt he gets in the HOF

so was Mugsy bogues...

ink
07-28-2009, 03:59 PM
so was Mugsy bogues...

Haha. What I was going to say ...

I doubt AI takes it as much of a compliment when people say he was the best little person to play basketball. I'm not a fan of his, but he deserves better than that. lol.

theuuord
07-28-2009, 03:59 PM
so was Mugsy bogues...

my question stands.

What player who has won the MVP is not in the Basketball Hall of Fame?

superkegger
07-28-2009, 04:01 PM
There were.

Oh really?

Of the HOF elgible NBA regular season MVP Winners, please tell me which one of these aren't in the HOF?

Michael Jordan
David Robinson
Hakeem Olajuwan
Charles Barkley
Magic Johnson
Larry Bird
Moses Malone
Julius Erving
Kareem Abdul Jabbar
Bob McAdoo
Dave Cowens
Willis Reed
Wes Unseld
Wilt Chamberlain
Bill Russel
Oscar Robertson
Bob Petit
Bob Cousy

Those are all your NBA regular season MVP Winners from 1955 until 1998 (Karl Malone is nto HOF elgible yet).

So no, there aren't any.

Bernard King averaged 20 + a couple of season. Not a HOF. Also had some NBA scoring records tucked under his resume. Not a HOF.

And Bernard King is one of the rarities. It's somewhat odd that he's not in, and really a damn shame. He and DJ and possibly Jo Jo white should be in the Hall.

TannerOwnsDevin
07-28-2009, 04:02 PM
my question stands.

What player who has won the MVP is not in the Basketball Hall of Fame?

Spencer Haywood, Artis Gilmore and soon to be Steve Nash...

S-Dot
07-28-2009, 04:03 PM
Yes he is a sure thing in

superkegger
07-28-2009, 04:03 PM

Those were ABA MVP's.

abe_froman
07-28-2009, 04:07 PM
who the hell said no?

theuuord
07-28-2009, 04:08 PM

Steve Nash is a likely Hall of Famer. and the ABA was a completely different league.

mavwar53
07-28-2009, 04:11 PM
I don't think so, just my opinion though so don't hate on me since the rest of the world voted yes

abe_froman
07-28-2009, 04:11 PM

how is steve nash not a hofer

oh and the other two were aba(artis should be a hofer)

ink
07-28-2009, 04:13 PM
how is steve nash not a hofer

Of course Nash will make the HOF. With two MVPs and a ton of respect around the league. Notice I said "around the league". He gets crapped on here on PSD but this place is not the most objective spot in the world. :laugh:

cowboyz180
07-28-2009, 04:13 PM
i think he deserves to be in the hall of fame

dtmagnet
07-28-2009, 04:14 PM
Yes of course, I mean come on.

superkegger
07-28-2009, 04:15 PM
He's just over 1,000 points away from 25,000, my guess is he'll get there. Guess how many guys with 25,000 points that are HOF elgible aren't in the HOF?

Every single NBA regular season MVP that is HOF elgible is in the HOF.

He's on of 11 people to average 25+ ppg for a career in NBA history. All 10 others that are HOF elgible, are in the HOF.

There's just no way this guy isn't getting in.

theuuord
07-28-2009, 04:17 PM
this place is not the most objective spot in the world. :laugh:

WHAAAT?

NO!
lie to me, ink!!!

D_Rose1118
07-28-2009, 04:17 PM
definetly

TannerOwnsDevin
07-28-2009, 04:18 PM
Oh really?

Of the HOF elgible NBA regular season MVP Winners, please tell me which one of these aren't in the HOF?

Michael Jordan
David Robinson
Hakeem Olajuwan
Charles Barkley
Magic Johnson
Larry Bird
Moses Malone
Julius Erving
Kareem Abdul Jabbar
Bob McAdoo
Dave Cowens
Willis Reed
Wes Unseld
Wilt Chamberlain
Bill Russel
Oscar Robertson
Bob Petit
Bob Cousy

Majority of those players also had NBA titles, NBA Finals MVPs and multiple MVP winners. They were all a NO-Brainer. You cant really use those players in comparison to Iverson who had 1 MVP season (and a questionable one to boot, IMO Shaq deserved it that year)

JordansBulls
07-28-2009, 04:18 PM
What guy that has won League MVP has not made the Hall of Fame?

What other guys this era are ahead of him for the Hall?

Shaq
Duncan
Kobe
Garnett
Dirk

All MVP winners above that are for sure HOF

After that you got him with guys on the same wavelength

Grant Hill
Alonzo Mourning
Gary Payton
Jason Kidd
Scottie Pippen
Steve Nash

superkegger
07-28-2009, 04:21 PM
Majority of those players also had NBA titles, NBA Finals MVPs and multiple MVP winners. They were all a NO-Brainer. You cant really use those players in comparison to Iverson who had 1 MVP season (and a questionable one to boot, IMO Shaq deserved it that year)

So you're basically saying that Charles Barkley and Allen Iverson are in the same boat, and neither should be in the hall.

TannerOwnsDevin
07-28-2009, 04:36 PM
So you're basically saying that Charles Barkley and Allen Iverson are in the same boat, and neither should be in the hall.

Barkley is unquestionably a way, way better player than Iverson.

TannerOwnsDevin
07-28-2009, 04:38 PM
What guy that has won League MVP has not made the Hall of Fame?

What other guys this era are ahead of him for the Hall?

Shaq
Duncan
Kobe
Garnett
Dirk

All MVP winners above that are for sure HOF

After that you got him with guys on the same wavelength

Grant Hill
Alonzo Mourning
Gary Payton
Jason Kidd
Scottie Pippen
Steve Nash

Again, Steve Nash has 2 MVP's and I dont think he'll make the HOF.

theuuord
07-28-2009, 04:38 PM
Again, Steve Nash has 2 MVP's and I dont think he'll make the HOF.

Conversely, I don't think there's any doubt that Steve Nash will make the Hall of Fame.

Raph12
07-28-2009, 04:39 PM

Idk how you compare avging 30+ppg 5 times (AI) to avging 20+ppg and only once reaching 30+ (BK). Plus AI has 4 scoring titles tied with George Gervin and behind only Chamberlain (7) and Jordan (10), Bernard King had only one

There were. (MVPs not in the HOF)

No there weren't, there are no MVPs that are eligible to be in the HOF that aren't yet

Dennis Rodman was famous because he was the only guy in the NBA wearing dresses, not because he was setting records

TannerOwnsDevin
07-28-2009, 04:52 PM
Idk how you compare avging 30+ppg 5 times (AI) to avging 20+ppg and only once reaching 30+ (BK). Plus AI has 4 scoring titles tied with George Gervin and behind only Chamberlain (7) and Jordan (10), Bernard King had only one

Just demonstrating the PPG avg is not a legitimiate reason to push someone in the HOF

No there weren't, there are no MVPs that are eligible to be in the HOF that aren't yet

Again. Spencer Jaywood and Artis Gilmore. And soon to be Steve Nash.

Dennis Rodman was famous because he was the only guy in the NBA wearing dresses, not because he was setting records

LOL. You're knowledge is laughable. GTFO.

Rodman was a rebounding beast with numerous record breaking rebounding numbers who won DPOY twice and was selected in the All NBA Defense 1st team 7 x.

Does'nt hurt that he's also an All Star and a 5 time NBA champion.

TannerOwnsDevin
07-28-2009, 04:53 PM
Conversely, I don't think there's any doubt that Steve Nash will make the Hall of Fame.

You clearly have no idea how hard is it to get into the HOF. Its commiteet has one of the strictest standards. It is not ran by David Stern.

superkegger
07-28-2009, 05:05 PM
Barkley is unquestionably a way, way better player than Iverson.

Maybe, but neither won rings, neither won multiple MVP's, neither won Finals MVP's, and Chuck's MVP could have easily gone to Michael.

Chuck was a prolific player, but so is AI. His scoring ability is prolific enough to get him into the hall. He's a 9 time all star, made 7 all-NBA teams, ranks in 36th all time in assists, 12th all time in steals, 16th all time in points, 5th in ppg and 5th in spg.

He's had a prolific enough career to easily warrant entry into the Hall.

BUCSFORLIFE123
07-28-2009, 05:11 PM
obviously lol, hes one ofhte best pg's ever enough said the best scoring ppg in nba history

BUCSFORLIFE123
07-28-2009, 05:14 PM
and saying that nash would be in the hall of fame, i highly doubt it because he hasnt had enough of great seasns to be in it. if he can play 3-4 more greta seasons then yea he will be in it, but as of now , no he wouldnt be in it . right now hes a great player, but ont HOF type YET

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-28-2009, 05:24 PM

You're right he's not a "True PG" He's a 2 guard.

BenFrank
07-28-2009, 05:26 PM
Best little man to play the game ever

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-28-2009, 05:33 PM

Shaq had Kobe on that team, AI had nobody and lead the 76ers to the same record as the Lakers in 2000. He was the league leader in scoring, and league leader in steals, 76ers had the best record in the Eastern Confrence. Shaq deserved it? **** outta here!

Oh yea and he was the AS MVP....

LT.CARDWISIE
07-28-2009, 06:34 PM

he's not a pg

LT.CARDWISIE
07-28-2009, 06:37 PM
He is my favorite player of all-time def yes

hoop talk
07-28-2009, 07:06 PM
Whoever voted no is ********. He is of course a HOFer.

TannerOwnsDevin
07-28-2009, 07:13 PM
Shaq deserved it? **** outta here!....

You're dumb if you dont think so.

Oh yea and he was the AS MVP....

And?

Kakaroach
07-28-2009, 07:54 PM
100% yes. Who actually voted no? Angry Pistons and Nuggets fans lol?

JWO35
07-28-2009, 07:57 PM
Allen Iverson is a lock for the Hall of Fame...I don't care that he completely sucked *** for the Pistons, the man is still one the greatest.

dre1990
07-28-2009, 08:03 PM
Yes, hes one of the most talented players all time

theuuord
07-28-2009, 08:05 PM
You clearly have no idea how hard is it to get into the HOF. Its commiteet has one of the strictest standards. It is not ran by David Stern.

And a two-time MVP with some of the best assist marks of all time and one of the cleanest character records to date fits all of those standards.

If you think Steve Nash won't be in the Hall of Fame you're dreaming.

LA_Raiders
07-28-2009, 08:36 PM
Yes no question...

TannerOwnsDevin
07-28-2009, 09:20 PM
And a two-time MVP with some of the best assist marks of all time and one of the cleanest character records to date fits all of those standards.

If you think Steve Nash won't be in the Hall of Fame you're dreaming.

He had a 3 very good years. I dont think that's enough to push him for HOF eligibility.

tjlipford
07-28-2009, 09:48 PM
AI is definitely a HOFer. He is one of the best ever to play the game. He was unstoppable. How did he mess the pistons up? They would have still lost to the cavs the same way with Chauncey. Detroit sucks. When he played for Denver they were a 50 win team but lost to the lakers. They trade for Chauncey and what happens they lose to the lakers again. Denver is an ok team at best. The spurs and LA are the only respectable teams out west honestly. AI did not kill Detroit or Denver. The fact that they are in the west and have to go through LA means they will never win anything. The fact that Detroit is owned by lebron means they will never win either. It was just an unfortunate situation for AI

ManRam
07-28-2009, 10:06 PM
There is more of a question whether or not he'll be first ballot or not...

During his prime, he was definitely one of the very best, if not the best player in the NBA. He revolutionize the game more than 99.9% of NBA players ever have. Title or not, he is and was the best of the best.

Chronz
07-28-2009, 10:13 PM
Ive bashed his entire career but hes one of the 40 greatest players to ever live.

SeoulBeatz
07-28-2009, 10:14 PM
For all the Iverson haters who say he is selfish/self-centered/all that utter B.S watch this....

his speech for the scholarship program he set up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZykFbXQOYro

ink
07-28-2009, 10:18 PM
For all the Iverson haters who say he is selfish/self-centered/all that utter B.S watch this....

his speech for the scholarship program he set up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZykFbXQOYro

Well, of course he's not selfish as a PERSON. It's even dumb to call him that as a basketball player. People just use the word "selfish" badly, to mean that his game is not a team game. He's a 1on1 player. That's not selfish, it's just not great team ball. And that's why it doesn't yield big team results, just individual results.

SeoulBeatz
07-28-2009, 10:44 PM
Well, of course he's not selfish as a PERSON. It's even dumb to call him that as a basketball player. People just use the word "selfish" badly, to mean that his game is not a team game. He's a 1on1 player. That's not selfish, it's just not great team ball. And that's why it doesn't yield big team results, just individual results.

sadly very few see a.i that way.

the media only points out the bad, never the immense amount of good he does.

ive met him in person and worked at a couple of functions he held for kids when he was a Sixer.

he is a great person but people love to hate on a.i

papirico52
07-28-2009, 10:52 PM
best player i have ever seen

BADizzleBoY
07-28-2009, 10:53 PM
For sure, the things he did for our team were great. Any Sixer fan who says no isn't one at all.

ink
07-28-2009, 10:57 PM
sadly very few see a.i that way.

the media only points out the bad, never the immense amount of good he does.

ive met him in person and worked at a couple of functions he held for kids when he was a Sixer.

he is a great person but people love to hate on a.i

I have to admit I don't like his style much at all. But Iverson is a big-hearted guy, there's no mistake about it. You can see that he's a genuine person and is passionate about what he does. He was probably just as frustrated as anyone else when he couldn't contribute in Detroit, or when he couldn't lead the Nuggets to playoff results in Denver.

BADizzleBoY
07-28-2009, 10:58 PM
He had a 3 very good years. I dont think that's enough to push him for HOF eligibility.
This all but proves you never watched the NBA in the early 2000's. He was easily a top 5 PG with the Mavericks, and a top 3 PG for years with the Suns. He won back to back MVPs. He is a HOFer no doubt. You are obviously just a hater saying AI isn't one. And I lost all creditability for you when you said Barkley was a way, way player then Iverson was. Considering they don't even play the same position that is a ******** statement.

ink
07-28-2009, 11:00 PM
This all but proves you never watched the NBA in the early 2000's. He was easily a top 5 PG with the Mavericks, and a top 3 PG for years with the Suns. He won back to back MVPs. He is a HOFer no doubt. You are obviously just a hater saying AI isn't one. And I lost all creditability for you when you said Barkley was a way, way player then Iverson was. Considering they don't even play the same position that is a ******** statement.

:clap::clap::clap:

So true. His time with the Mavericks always gets dismissed but he was the same player then as he was with the Suns. Both Nash and AI are going into the Hall.

BADizzleBoY
07-28-2009, 11:03 PM

So true. His time with the Mavericks always gets dismissed but he was the same player then as he was with the Suns. Both Nash and AI are going into the Hall.

And I know this may get twisted but, he truly was the MVP for the Mavericks back then as well. No one did it like Nash did and he arguably reinvented the flashy but fun point guard that you see so much in the league today.

loufor2
07-28-2009, 11:10 PM
I think TannerOwnsDevin is Tyron Lue. He is still mad b/c A.I torched his *** in the 2001 NBA Finals. Tanner obviously has NO BRAIN!...... what a classic A.I moment...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grXws5m11SA&NR=1

BADizzleBoY
07-28-2009, 11:11 PM
^ I was dying when he did that I was still a youngster and I was in awe when he did that.

pd7631
07-28-2009, 11:26 PM
Yes, he is a HOF'er.

Based on a poll I saw in the general discussions forum a few months ago, it seems that the main demographic of people on this website is around the 15-19 range. So I'd be willing to guess that most of the people hating on AI know next to nothing about the player or the man. So unless you've actually seen him play on a consistent basis, keep your mouth shut. I'm sick of hearing opinions of 15 year olds who still wet the bed while AI was taking the Sixers to the Finals.

TannerOwnsDevin
07-28-2009, 11:37 PM
This all but proves you never watched the NBA in the early 2000's. He was easily a top 5 PG with the Mavericks, and a top 3 PG for years with the Suns. He won back to back MVPs. He is a HOFer no doubt.

Being a Top 5 PG in the league does'nt guarantee a HOF entrance. Furthermore Nash in Dallas and Nash in Phoenix were essentially the same player, difference is in Phoenix he had much more talent and room to operate his style of play.

He's quite possibly the worst MVP Winner in 30 yrs (Last time being Dave Cowens). His MVP's does not prove his greatness. It was a media drive, hyped award. Nothing more. Shaq and Kobe deserved those MVP awards easily.

And I lost all creditability for you when you said Barkley was a way, way player then Considering they don't even play the same position that is a ******** statement.

You lost your credibility when you lack comprehension or context. Comparing a player's impact and legacy is NOT limited by position.

TannerOwnsDevin
07-28-2009, 11:40 PM

Actually its not being dismissed at all. I specifically mentioned those 3 very good years because he was clearly the force behind D'antoni's offensive assault, where as in Dallas he was nothing more but Nowitzki's sidekick.

TannerOwnsDevin
07-28-2009, 11:41 PM
When he played for Denver they were a 50 win team but lost to the lakers.

Iverson helped Denver to a 50 win team and a 1st round sweep exit.

Billups helped them reach the WCF.

BADizzleBoY
07-28-2009, 11:44 PM
Why are you such a hater, this guy is eaisly a top 50 player ever. Obviously top 50 players get in the HOF..

JWO35
07-28-2009, 11:50 PM
Iverson made us go from a 50 win team...to a under .500 Team, but he still belongs in the Hall of Fame.

Mell413
07-28-2009, 11:52 PM
I don't know if anyone posted this or not. I didn't want to read through all the pages. I think he is in, but something to keep in mind that its not an NBA Hall of Fame only.

jbone808
07-28-2009, 11:58 PM

There were.

you're right, but they didn't change the game like iverson did. iverson led a whole new era of ballers after jordan left. now tattoos, braids, and the INFAMOUS crossover is something of regularity in the league as well as college and high school hoops. yes rodman had tattoos, but rodman was a 6'9 rebound machine, bernard king was a 6'6, 6'7 or so scoring machine. allen is a 6'0(if that at all) scoring machine who led a bunch of role players to the 01 finals. beating the reggie miller led pacers, vince carter led raptors, and the big dog, sam cassel, and ray allen led bucks. tell me someone else of that stature who could do such a thing. no question needed, the ANSWER IS DEFINITE HOF

JordansBulls
07-29-2009, 12:01 AM

There were.

Rodman wasn't a MVP player.

jbone808
07-29-2009, 12:01 AM
Iverson helped Denver to a 50 win team and a 1st round sweep exit.

Billups helped them reach the WCF.

they were a 1st round exit wayyyyyyyyyy before iverson got there. wow chauncey is the BEST player in the league now? what a JOKE, denver is a 1 yr wonder. TRUST ME.

SB75
07-29-2009, 12:02 AM
1rst ballot HOF. No question about it.

pd7631
07-29-2009, 12:03 AM
I don't know if anyone posted this or not. I didn't want to read through all the pages. I think he is in, but something to keep in mind that its not an NBA Hall of Fame only.

I think he did enough in college and High School to round out his bball career.

In his junior season in High School he led his team to the State Championship.(he also did it in football that same year as the team's starting QB, S, and kick/punt returner)

His College stats were....
Freshman-20.4ppg 3.3rpg 4.5apg.........Sweet Sixteen
Sophomore-25ppg 3.8rpg 4.7apg..........Elite Eight

....and at Georgetown he was:

Big East Rookie of the Year
Big East Defensive Player of the year......twice

SeoulBeatz
07-29-2009, 12:05 AM
I have to admit I don't like his style much at all. But Iverson is a big-hearted guy, there's no mistake about it. You can see that he's a genuine person and is passionate about what he does. He was probably just as frustrated as anyone else when he couldn't contribute in Detroit, or when he couldn't lead the Nuggets to playoff results in Denver.

i feel u and i can see where ur coming from. he likes to shoot, but he's a scorer, thats what hes paid to do.

but people concieve him as a ball hog that only cared about stats when in fact all he wants to do is win. and no one can tell me otherwise.

jbone808
07-29-2009, 12:06 AM
Being a Top 5 PG in the league does'nt guarantee a HOF entrance. Furthermore Nash in Dallas and Nash in Phoenix were essentially the same player, difference is in Phoenix he had much more talent and room to operate his style of play.

He's quite possibly the worst MVP Winner in 30 yrs (Last time being Dave Cowens). His MVP's does not prove his greatness. It was a media drive, hyped award. Nothing more. Shaq and Kobe deserved those MVP awards easily.

You lost your credibility when you lack comprehension or context. Comparing a player's impact and legacy is NOT limited by position.

y r we talkin about shaq, kobe, and steve nash. i thought this was a forum to talk about ALLEN IVERSON being in the hall of fame. save ur thoughts for another forum

Knowledge
07-29-2009, 12:14 AM
Discuss, the possibilitites why he deserves to be there or why he does'nt.

Yes. Also you have include his college career, which was dominant when, you say basketball HOF.

Big East Rookie of the Year, Big East Defensive Player of the Year, and Big East All Rookie Team

Big East Defensive Player of the Year, First Team All American, and First Team Big East; selected first overall in the National Basketball Association (NBA) draft by the Philadelphia 76ers

NBA Rookie of the Year and All Rookie First Team

Allen Iverson was the NBA All-Star Rookie Challenge MVP in 1997

Allen Iverson scored 40 points in five straight games in 1997 to set an NBA rookie record

9 time NBA all star

3 time all NBA first team

3 time all NBA second team

1 time all NBA third team

1 time league MVP

2 time All star MVP

Had five 40-point, 10-assist games (4-1) to lead the league and land in the company of Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, Nate Archibald and Michael Jordan as the only players in league history to have five in a season

Played 682 games (678 starts) boasting career averages of 28.0 points (3rd all-time in NBA history), 6.1 assists, 4.0 rebounds and 2.34 steals per game in 41.7 minutes

Allen Iverson shares the NBA record for most seasons leading league in steals with 3

Allen Iverson shares the NBA record for most consecutive seasons leading league in steals at 3

There is much more to list, but you get the point.

pd7631
07-29-2009, 12:16 AM
Am I the only one getting the vibe that the orginal poster thought that the results of this poll were not going to be so lopsided in AI's favor?

He asked the question, damn near everybody said yes, and he's been trying to make up excuses as to why AI shouldn't be in throughout the entire thread.

pd7631
07-29-2009, 12:19 AM
Yes. Also you have include his college career, which was dominant when, you say basketball HOF.

Big East Rookie of the Year, Big East Defensive Player of the Year, and Big East All Rookie Team

Big East Defensive Player of the Year, First Team All American, and First Team Big East; selected first overall in the National Basketball Association (NBA) draft by the Philadelphia 76ers

NBA Rookie of the Year and All Rookie First Team

Allen Iverson was the NBA All-Star Rookie Challenge MVP in 1997

Allen Iverson scored 40 points in five straight games in 1997 to set an NBA rookie record

9 time NBA all star

3 time all NBA first team

3 time all NBA second team

1 time all NBA third team

1 time league MVP

2 time All star MVP

Had five 40-point, 10-assist games (4-1) to lead the league and land in the company of Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, Nate Archibald and Michael Jordan as the only players in league history to have five in a season

Played 682 games (678 starts) boasting career averages of 28.0 points (3rd all-time in NBA history), 6.1 assists, 4.0 rebounds and 2.34 steals per game in 41.7 minutes

Allen Iverson shares the NBA record for most seasons leading league in steals with 3

Allen Iverson shares the NBA record for most consecutive seasons leading league in steals at 3

There is much more to list, but you get the point.

to add to your list.....

He holds the record for most steals in a Playoff game with 10.

jakesmail123
07-29-2009, 12:31 AM
obviously yes

phillyphan4ever
07-29-2009, 12:36 AM
definitely

IversonIsKrazy
07-29-2009, 01:34 AM
the shouldnt even be a thread. U should re-do the poll asking if he is a first ballot, or second ballot. Whoever said "no" are just AI h8ers. There will never be a little man who can score the ball like he can, never had bin, never will be. AI is one of a kind, which is y he is my fav.