PDA

View Full Version : Where do the New Orleans Hornets rank in the West now with the trade

JordansBulls
07-28-2009, 12:34 PM
Where do the New Orleans Hornets rank in the West now with the trade of Chandler for Okafor?

PG CP3/Daniels
SG Peterson/Posey/Brown
SF Peja/Butler
PF West/Wright
C Okafor/H.Armstrong

DrDEADalready
07-28-2009, 12:35 PM
Same as they were before the trade.

cowboyz180
07-28-2009, 12:36 PM
I think they are still behind LA, Spurs, Mavs, Nuggets, and maybe even the Trailblazers.

daleja424
07-28-2009, 12:38 PM
same as before the trade. They didnt upgrade with this move IMO. Both can give you a lot of the same and its not like they are going to take the ball out of paul and chandler's hands to post up emeka...

what54!?
07-28-2009, 12:39 PM
I think they got a little better but it didn't put them over the hump.

mikedesi1004
07-28-2009, 12:40 PM
1.lakers
2.spurs
3.nuggets
4.jazz
5.trailblazers
6.mavs
7.hornets

North Yorker
07-28-2009, 12:44 PM
No different.

And Mo Pete really starts for the Hornets???

GSRaider
07-28-2009, 12:47 PM
1.lakers
2.spurs
3.nuggets
4.trailblazers
5.mavs
6.hornets
7.jazz
8.? rockets, warriors, clippers, phoenix and maybe even memphis are fighting for the 8th seed.

good move for no... theyre an improved team... this trade guarantees them a playoff spot...

st3voness
07-28-2009, 12:49 PM
They'll make playoffs at least. I was writing them out of contention like what happened to Phoenix last season.

dee279
07-28-2009, 12:52 PM
I actually see them being better defensively and now offensively but it all depends on the chemistry of Emeka and CP3

superkegger
07-28-2009, 12:58 PM
I think they'll be slightly better. Obviously Meka's offensive game will be helped by Paul, and that will make him look better, and should make other teams respect him a bit more because of what Paul will be able to do for him.

Plus, health shouldn't be a major thing with him like it is with Chandler, so him just being there on a nightly basis will help them. And while Larry Brown was skeptical about his will to play and love of the game, playing on a winning team, with a guy like Chris Paul can probably do good things for a guy who's never been on a winning NBA team.

I think it improves the Hornets a little bit. Not a major difference, but a slight one, but an upgrade is an upgrade

Kakaroach
07-28-2009, 12:59 PM
Rasual Butler is the starter and Mo Pete barely gets any minutes I believe. There better, but not like they are and elite team yet.

SensandRaps
07-28-2009, 12:59 PM
Emeka is now going to put up carrer highs because he is playing with CP3, this trade makes sure that the Hornets will the make the playoffs but it depends on how much chemistry the lineup has before u can say they are contending team or not

Nexus
07-28-2009, 01:00 PM
I actually see them being better defensively and now offensively but it all depends on the chemistry of Emeka and CP3

Based on what? I would put Chandler as a slightly better defender overall and a noticeably better defender of top tier centers.

TheHeat3
07-28-2009, 01:00 PM
Same place as they were, they didn't really do anything noisemaking enough to change the rankings of the West. They could surprise us now tho and I wouldn't be surprised to see them as a 3rd or 4th seed much like any of the other Western team outside the Lakers and Spurs.

JWO35
07-28-2009, 01:04 PM
They get a little better...still in the same position they were before the Trade

JDizzle
07-28-2009, 01:20 PM
The Hornets possible could be the 2nd or 3rd best team in the west now.. I mean they do have the best pg in the nba and now with a low post present like emaka it should open up the three point shot for peja and others plus west nice jump shot also will get more looks. If they can get a couple more role players then watch out for the hornets next season

dre1990
07-28-2009, 01:20 PM
I think this is a underrated move. Emeka is very underrated, and will average 16+ PPG with the hornets, and shoot a good %. Hes 1 of the bst defenders and rebounders in the NBA, and hes very consistent.

yanksknicksgmen
07-28-2009, 01:22 PM
they got slightly better

JordansBulls
07-28-2009, 01:26 PM
I think they could be a title contender honestly. That frontcourt will have both defense and offense. It rivals the Lakers frontcourt of Gasol and Bynum with offense, rebounding, shot blocking and defense now with West and Okafor

I think a lot depends on how Peja plays.

what54!?
07-28-2009, 01:28 PM
I think their bench is still weak though

RaidLakeDodgers
07-28-2009, 01:30 PM
Not trying to hate but I woulda kept chandler.

blazerman
07-28-2009, 01:33 PM
Not to sure, I know they will be at least as good as last yr. Just gota what and see how well they're chemistry will be. Chandler fit the mold of what they needed in a ctr but Okafor brings a different element so the key will be how David West and Emeka work together on the court.

homestarunner93
07-28-2009, 01:35 PM
Okafor is better for the Bobcats, Chandler is better for the Hornets. Horrible trade for both teams, it sets the Bobcats back three years.

dee279
07-28-2009, 01:41 PM
Based on what? I would put Chandler as a slightly better defender overall and a noticeably better defender of top tier centers.

And how is that? All Tyson, imo, does better defensively then Emeka is take charges.

mikantsass
07-28-2009, 01:49 PM
I think the trade is a wash. No movement up or down.

tland22
07-28-2009, 01:59 PM
1. Lakers
2. Spurs - although they are neck and neck with LA
3. Denver
4. Hornets - always play LA and Spurs well...Better than the Jazz team although they dont particularly match up well with them. They are ALWAYS better than the MAVS. The Mavs would NEVER EVER beat them in a series. Portland just isnt there yet. Houston is a huge question mark...

tland22
07-28-2009, 02:03 PM
I think they could be a title contender honestly. That frontcourt will have both defense and offense. It rivals the Lakers frontcourt of Gasol and Bynum with offense, rebounding, shot blocking and defense now with West and Okafor

I think a lot depends on how Peja plays.

my god I couldnt have said it any better than that. Well said. It definitely depends on how Peja plays...he is the key, and he always is. The Hornets are almost unbeatable when Peja plays well. if he plays like he did two years ago, they are SERIOUS contenders. If he plays like he did last year and gets hurt again, then Id see them at 4 or 5th seed.

itsripcity32
07-28-2009, 02:09 PM
same

Law25
07-28-2009, 02:10 PM
I think they got worse im not sure Okafor can run like Chandler did, and that pick an role will be easier to defend now. Chandler meant more than pepole give him credit for. His game with CP3 defined that team. Hope im wrong i love CP3 game. Even though im an Lakers die hard :D

JordansBulls
07-28-2009, 02:10 PM
Not trying to hate but I woulda kept chandler.

Why? They clearly weren't going anywhere with him and they even tried to trade him last year. They were a 7th seed with the team they had last year. Why keep everything the same? They need to show they are trying to get better.

king4day
07-28-2009, 02:22 PM
5-8. If healthy then 4-7.

RaptorsFanatic
07-28-2009, 02:51 PM
This trade was so pointless, the only thing I am happy about is the East just got a tad bit weaker.

IversonIsKrazy
07-28-2009, 02:55 PM
I c them now 6th seed in the West behind the Spurs, Lakers, Nuggets, Mavs, and Blazers.

carter15
07-28-2009, 03:00 PM
Emeka is a nice upgrade over Chandler but thats not what they needed....what they really needed was a wing SCORER since they dont have that from Peja and MoPete...those 2 are just shooters.

td0tsfinest
07-28-2009, 04:05 PM
they got a very weak bench. They Got better but not good enough. Peja is depleting with age while Mo Pete hasn't found his groove in NO.
Both Julian Wright and HIlton AMrstrong better speed up their development cause their's a definite need in bench production.

Chronz
07-28-2009, 04:21 PM
I never noticed, but the #'s appear to agree with you.

JordansBulls
07-28-2009, 04:24 PM
This trade was so pointless, the only thing I am happy about is the East just got a tad bit weaker.

No it was not.

superkegger
07-28-2009, 04:26 PM
Why? They clearly weren't going anywhere with him and they even tried to trade him last year. They were a 7th seed with the team they had last year. Why keep everything the same? They need to show they are trying to get better.

Then they should have made a move that made them better. While I think this made them marginally better, is getting marginally better(if they even accomplished that) really "showing they are trying to get better". Especially when you just traded for a guy who hasn't really evolved since his rookie year, and has a fat contract for 5 more years?

If they had made a move that you could say without a doubt that got them better, sure, but this is by and large a lateral move.

JordansBulls
07-28-2009, 04:38 PM
Then they should have made a move that made them better. While I think this made them marginally better, is getting marginally better(if they even accomplished that) really "showing they are trying to get better". Especially when you just traded for a guy who hasn't really evolved since his rookie year, and has a fat contract for 5 more years?

If they had made a move that you could say without a doubt that got them better, sure, but this is by and large a lateral move.

But what move could they have made that would have made them a lot better? Who was available that they needed?

superkegger
07-28-2009, 04:50 PM
But what move could they have made that would have made them a lot better? Who was available that they needed?

I don't have an answer to that question because I don't regularly talk to NBA GM's.

IBleedPurple
07-28-2009, 04:55 PM
I like the Hornets, and think they have very good starters, but I can't find one reason that definitively makes the Hornets better from this trade.

I like the idea of changing to get better. But changing just to change is treading water IMO.

Joshtd1
07-28-2009, 04:57 PM
I think they upgrade slightly, but it's not what they needed the most. Someone already mentioned it, but they needed a wing scorer to relieve CP3 of the burden, and who can create for himself.

Lakers4ItAll
07-28-2009, 05:02 PM
I think there defense will take a step back but there offense should be a lil better. So basically the same team. It really depends if they get injurys or not.

GoatMilk
07-28-2009, 05:06 PM
5-6

Vinny642
07-28-2009, 05:10 PM
Just so you know--

Our starting squad will be

Paul- Butler- Wright- West- Okafor, if we dont sign anyone.

tland22
07-28-2009, 05:26 PM
yea I think we r using Peja off the bech this year so he can score against scrubs from the other team

ARMIN12NBA
07-28-2009, 05:31 PM
They are still out of the HC in the 1st round hunt, which puts them in, at most, the bottom half of the playoff teams. They are going to struggle to make the playoffs IMO.

Vinny642
07-28-2009, 06:29 PM
They are still out of the HC in the 1st round hunt, which puts them in, at most, the bottom half of the playoff teams. They are going to struggle to make the playoffs IMO.

Your just saying that because ur a Hornet hater.
Yea thats right im using the ol' Laker excuse.

lakers4sho
07-28-2009, 06:30 PM
8th seed 1st round elimination from the Lakers

They still haven't addressed that non existent bench of theirs.

Vinny642
07-28-2009, 06:36 PM
8th seed 1st round elimination from the Lakers

They still haven't addressed that non existent bench of theirs.

Haha I thought this was a serious comment :D

We havent addressed OUR bench? LOL Look at yours!

We drafted to solid backups and is moving Peja to the bench, we just need a solid backup big man and then our bench will be fine.

st3voness
07-28-2009, 06:46 PM
They have an okay bench.

Peja, 2 rookies, Daniels, and Peterson.

Vinny642
07-28-2009, 06:50 PM
They have an okay bench.

Peja, 2 rookies, Daniels, and Peterson.

I think he'll be traded during the season or in this offseason because he is 6 Mill and expiring hope we package him with Peterson. LOL We still got Posey

D-Leethal
07-28-2009, 06:53 PM
need an improvement at the 2/3 spot and a legit 7 footer somewhere on the bench

ARMIN12NBA
07-28-2009, 06:57 PM
Your just saying that because ur a Hornet hater.
Yea thats right im using the ol' Laker excuse.

The Hornets aren't even on my radar to hate muh man...The Lakers have too rich a history for me to hate a team like...The Hornets. :laugh:

Vinny642
07-28-2009, 07:03 PM
The Hornets aren't even on my radar to hate muh man...The Lakers have too rich a history for me to hate a team like...The Hornets. :laugh:

Sorry our team wasnt made since the beginning of time.

Giants-49ers-Ws
07-28-2009, 07:14 PM
no change.

mavwar53
07-28-2009, 07:19 PM
Better but still no playoff guarantee, they just have very poor wing players.

BkOriginalOne
07-28-2009, 07:21 PM
There a little better, as in 2-4 wins better, but their still bottom tier WC - Unless they have a deal in place to get Rip Hamilton.
I like this pickup for both teams. The hornets got a young solid product for the services of a less achieving and less healthy aging Tyson Chandler - who they were trying to trade, as made obvious by the rescinded trade to OKC. OKafor could have a Nene type year in terms of production. Chris Paul can and will bring out some more from him.

As for the Bobcats, I think Tyson Chandler is the type of player that Larry Brown wants and needs on his team. This team is stacked with Defensive Minded players - I wouldn't be suprised if they made a pitch to AI now. The Cats also save about 40 million from Okafor's contract - making them players in the future.

Good for both teams IMO.

Alwaysballin247
07-28-2009, 07:26 PM
I would say they will be fighting with the Jazz for 6th place, pretty much where they were before the trade...They have no shot at winning since they needed to get bigger yet they got smaller...They will play him at center and he should be PF

nbaguy123
07-28-2009, 07:33 PM
around the 6th seed and slighty better offensivly

Duncan = Donkey
07-28-2009, 07:41 PM
7-9.

chandler was a better fit for the team IMO.

Vinny642
07-28-2009, 07:45 PM
Alot of our success will depend on how Jlian Wright plays. If he does good then we are around 4-6 if he plays sub-par we are 7-9

superkegger
07-28-2009, 07:47 PM
Haha I thought this was a serious comment :D

We havent addressed OUR bench? LOL Look at yours!

We drafted to solid backups and is moving Peja to the bench, we just need a solid backup big man and then our bench will be fine.

Maybe with a different coach this would be a help. But Byron Scott doesn't trust young players, and apparently doesn't take the time to develop them, which is why the promising young guy in Julian Wright has stayed buried on the bench, and Darren Collison will not spell the answer to the Hornet depth problems.

The Hornets bench still basically consists of collison/daniels/wright/mo pete/posey or butler/peja.

and really, that's just not good enough.

Vinny642
07-28-2009, 07:51 PM
Maybe with a different coach this would be a help. But Byron Scott doesn't trust young players, and apparently doesn't take the time to develop them, which is why the promising young guy in Julian Wright has stayed buried on the bench, and Darren Collison will not spell the answer to the Hornet depth problems.

The Hornets bench still basically consists of collison/daniels/wright/mo pete/posey or butler/peja.

and really, that's just not good enough.

Depepnding on how we will play our bench..

I hope its like this.

PG- Collison- Solid
SG- Thorton- Solid
SF- Posey- Solid
PF- IDK YET hope we sign Warrick or someone- IDK Yet
C- Hilton- I dont want him, but its all we got.- Not at all Solid

I think our bench this year will be better then last year.

dodie53
07-28-2009, 08:01 PM
1.lakers
2.spurs
3.nuggets
4.jazz
5.trailblazers
6.mavs
7.hornets

8. suns
=)

JordansBulls
07-29-2009, 12:11 AM
Hornets this will be like the 2008 Hornets where no one expected them to do anything and they ended up with the #2 seed.

J_M_B
07-29-2009, 12:18 AM
6th or 7th in the west same as before

ARMIN12NBA
07-29-2009, 12:28 AM
Hornets this will be like the 2008 Hornets where no one expected them to do anything and they ended up with the #2 seed.

Not at all. Chris Paul is still on the back of everybody's mind. He won't be able to sneak up on anybody like in 2008.

Patriots
07-29-2009, 12:36 AM
LAkers
Spurs
Mavs
Nuggets
blazers
jazz
hornets

Patrick Swayze
07-29-2009, 01:04 AM
Where do the New Orleans Hornets rank in the West now with the trade of Chandler for Okafor?

PG CP3/Daniels
SG Peterson/Posey/Brown
SF Peja/Butler
PF West/Wright
C Okafor/H.Armstrong

Here is their line up as of now, I would assume..

PG: Paul/Collison
SG: Butler/Thornton
SF: Wright/Peja
PF: West/FA
C: Okafor/Armstrong

I think the trade helps them tons. I believe Wright is going to step up and be a stud. I think the only weakness is their bench, but they greatly improved it by drafting Collison and Thornton.

#1Mavericksfan
07-29-2009, 01:26 AM
1.lakers
2.spurs
3.nuggets
4.jazz
5.trailblazers
6.mavs
7.hornets

:laugh2:.....man you need to get banned just for posting this, the Lakers are #1 no change there but you put the Spurs who haven't beat the Mavs in a playoff series since 2003 ahead of the Mavs, the Mavs owned the Blazers last season and the Jazz can't win Dallas, the Nuggets made no changes to there team and the Hornets just got rid of Chandler and the Mavs match up better with them now.

Here's how I see the west

1. Lakers
2. Mavericks
3. Spurs
4. Blazers
5. Nuggets
6. Jazz
7. Hornets
8. Suns

NJrockPD
07-29-2009, 01:31 AM
Same as they were before the trade.

That is exactly what I was coming in here to write!

NJrockPD
07-29-2009, 01:34 AM
:laugh2:.....man you need to get banned just for posting this, the Lakers are #1 no change there but you put the Spurs who haven't beat the Mavs in a playoff series since 2003 ahead of the Mavs, the Mavs owned the Blazers last season and the Jazz can't win Dallas, the Nuggets made no changes to there team and the Hornets just got rid of Chandler and the Mavs match up better with them now.

Here's how I see the west

1. Lakers
2. Mavericks
3. Spurs
4. Blazers
5. Nuggets
6. Jazz
7. Hornets
8. Suns

Yeah, thats not a homer post at all.

On that note the Bulls are the #1 team in the nba.

danidin
07-29-2009, 04:51 AM
The back-up for Paul is Daren Collison.
Rasual Butler is the starting SG.

IMO if Peja give them 45% from outside, they gonna be at 3rd\2nd.

comet_10
07-29-2009, 05:30 AM
the success of this team is all down to health!!

peja needs to play well he spreads the floor, makes room for cp3

the bench is very thin in the frontcourt a solid role player to rest the starters will probably be the difference in them been a low or high seed. not because a single bench player plays outstanding but if they get a big that can play some minutes, at the end of those they havent lost or gained anything thats all they need because atm there frontcourt will loose horribly everytime a starter goes to the bench and if they dont sub , you get last year, no players left and a margin i wont repeat.

JayW_1023
07-29-2009, 05:32 AM
They won't be much better, really.

S-Dot
07-29-2009, 09:49 AM
This was a random swap...don't see much improvement for either team

Patrick Swayze
07-29-2009, 01:09 PM
the success of this team is all down to health!!

peja needs to play well he spreads the floor, makes room for cp3

the bench is very thin in the frontcourt a solid role player to rest the starters will probably be the difference in them been a low or high seed. not because a single bench player plays outstanding but if they get a big that can play some minutes, at the end of those they havent lost or gained anything thats all they need because atm there frontcourt will loose horribly everytime a starter goes to the bench and if they dont sub , you get last year, no players left and a margin i wont repeat.

Well duh, it's like that with any team.

This was a random swap...don't see much improvement for either team

How is that not an improvement for the Hornets?

S-Dot
07-29-2009, 01:16 PM
^Financially, a bad swap...Offensively, Chandler fit their offense better...Defensively, Chandler was more lengthy and a solid defender.

JordansBulls
07-29-2009, 03:07 PM
They won't be much better, really.

Do you see them being able to handle the Nuggets or Blazers?

CowboysKB24
07-29-2009, 03:26 PM
Same as they were before.

tland22
07-29-2009, 06:10 PM
Here is their line up as of now, I would assume..

PG: Paul/Collison
SG: Butler/Thornton
SF: Wright/Peja
PF: West/FA
C: Okafor/Armstrong

I think the trade helps them tons. I believe Wright is going to step up and be a stud. I think the only weakness is their bench, but they greatly improved it by drafting Collison and Thornton.

James Posey plays for the Hornets, dont forget! He is on Hornets bench...dont leave him off, he is KEY. If Peja can dhoot like his career averages suggest, the Hornets will end up 3 or 4th seed. They always do well vs Spurs, so a 2 seed wouldnt shock me.... Now adding Ike Diogu, thats a more significant pick up than many people realize I think.

JordansBulls
07-29-2009, 10:11 PM
Source: Yahoosports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Emeka-Okafor-for-Tyson-Chandler-;_ylt=Aq51BihzDLgwy9WFlpYkfXy8vLYF?urn=nba,179236)

but Okafor is so much better. So much better. And he stays on the court.

Catfish1314
07-29-2009, 10:16 PM
What's interesting about this trade is I thought the Hornets were looking to trade Chandler to free up salary, but instead they're tied to Okafor financially three years longer than they would have been to Chandler.

That could indicate the Hornets aren't as cheap as they were when they tried to trade Chandler to the Thunder close to the deadline. The Warriors are supposedly trying to rid themselves of Corey Maggette's contract. While Maggette is not spectacular, he would give them the scoring boost they need on the perimeter.

For now though, I think they're still trying to catch up to the Lakers, Mavs, Spurs, and Nuggets still. If they can stay healthy, I think they're as good and maybe better than the Blazers.

1WorthyLakerFan
07-29-2009, 10:33 PM
I little worse in my mind a healthy Chandler>>>>>Okafor at this point in their careers.

JordansBulls
07-31-2009, 12:03 PM
I little worse in my mind a healthy Chandler>>>>>Okafor at this point in their careers.

How so?

tland22
07-31-2009, 04:16 PM
double post

JordansBulls
08-05-2009, 03:27 PM
With a guy like Okafor who can do everything better than Chandler the Hornets can be as good as they were in 2008.

Jahari Kavi
08-05-2009, 03:33 PM
maybe behind lakers and spurs......hornets had a tough year last season with injuries....if they remain healthy they can still be dangerous....and okafur will definitely help them out.

tland22
08-05-2009, 03:47 PM
its gunna be nice for the Hornets to have a guy that other teams have to actually semi-worry about scoring on offense. Going to help West Peja Posey CP3 and the other shooters Mo Pete and Butler

masalex1205
08-05-2009, 03:56 PM
wow people are really overrating Okafor on this thread. Chandler fits in their system much better.

hockeypro68
08-05-2009, 03:58 PM
1.lakers
2.spurs
3.nuggets
4.trailblazers
5.mavs
6.hornets
7.jazz
8.? rockets, warriors, clippers, phoenix and maybe even memphis are fighting for the 8th seed.

good move for no... theyre an improved team... this trade guarantees them a playoff spot...

X2 although I'd replace the Rockets with the Thunder as 8th seed contenders.

Thorough-Eye
08-05-2009, 04:00 PM
I can't give you an answer in terms of where the Hornets will finish, place-wise anyway, but I can tell you a very correct summation of the trade. The Hornets got WORSE, much, much worse with this trade. Emeka Okafor is the most overrated, soft player in the NBA. I'm so happy the Bobcats got rid of him, and now he's somebody else' problem. I hope his "double-double" stat line is enough to keep the momentum going in New Orleans, because that's been the defense that analysts time in and time out have gone to. Unfortunately, instead of actually watching his affect on the team, they will click to espn.com, read the minutes and stats, and come up with some slick summary of why he's valuable.

Here is what Emeka will do to the current Hornets Roster

He'll probably average 12 & 10, give or take a point or reb
While this seems decent, its the cheapest double-double in the NBA. He'll pick up 3 or 4 rebounds and 4-6 points in the 4th quarter, not in the clutch, but after they've won or lost the game. Its his signature SCRUB, style.

The Hornets had a guard-oriented team, with post guys who were productive and able, not all-stars, but able.

The Hornets now have a team that's still guard-oriented, but without finishers. Get ready to see much frustration on CP3's face, as he doesn't yet know how UN-able his new team mate is.

I could go on, but I'll wait for somebody to get offended, at which time I will proceed to show them what FANhood really is - over and out.

magichatnumber9
08-05-2009, 04:03 PM
I tell ya what, get a new head coach then we will put you up a few notches

THiiRTYONE
08-05-2009, 04:06 PM
I'm a huge fan for hornets, especially cp3 but i would have to say 8 :(
LA, spurs, denver, blazers, dallas, jazz, phoenix..

mdabstar
08-05-2009, 04:08 PM
it doesnt change much. defensively they might be stronger. emeka is a better backdown defender than chandler. offensively they lost the pick and roll game with the alley-oop finish.

Reddd
08-05-2009, 04:36 PM
Doesn't change much really IMO, still 5-8th seed

tland22
08-05-2009, 05:21 PM
Only three players have averaged double digits in points AND Rebounds over the last 5 seasons: Duncan, Howard, and Okafor.

that is a beast.

IBleedPurple
08-05-2009, 05:44 PM
wow people are really overrating Okafor on this thread. Chandler fits in their system much better.

Exactly. They didn't get much better, and weren't great last season.

Only three players have averaged double digits in points AND Rebounds over the last 5 seasons: Duncan, Howard, and Okafor.

that is a beast.

Duncan=Beast
Howard=Beast
Okafor=Not Beast

Mavrix
08-05-2009, 05:49 PM
1.Lakers
2.Spurs
3. Mavericks
3. Nuggets
4.Blazers
5. Jazz
6. Hornets
7. Suns
8. Warriors

Vinny642
08-05-2009, 06:26 PM
Exactly. They didn't get much better, and weren't great last season.

Duncan=Beast
Howard=Beast
Okafor=Not Beast

Alright I can tell you dont know *******, we actually did pretty good on the count that we didnt have a healthy Chandler or a healthy Peja for the whole season, and played with NO bench.

Now we got a re-vamped bench and a durable Center. And is starting Julian Wright. So watch out for us.

GeneWaldron#5
08-05-2009, 06:35 PM
Definately a play-off team. Could be anywhere from 3-8 as after LAL and SA the rest of the spots are up for grabs. Having said that I think they will struggle to get HCA.

IBleedPurple
08-05-2009, 06:47 PM
Alright I can tell you dont know *******, we actually did pretty good on the count that we didnt have a healthy Chandler or a healthy Peja for the whole season, and played with NO bench.

Now we got a re-vamped bench and a durable Center. And is starting Julian Wright. So watch out for us.

Pretty good? Making the playoffs by 3 games and getting dominated in the playoffs isn't pretty good. Injuries are going to happen, and even after Peja was healthy, he was shooting with the accuracy of Stevie Wonder.

I like some of the bench additions, but NO is still a player or two away from being top 4 or 5. Julian Wright isn't the answer. His numbers are below.
G/GS/MPG/FG%/3p%/FT%/OFF/DEF/RPG/APG/SPG/BPG/TO/PF/PPG
54/19/14.3/0.466/0.095/0.567/0.9/2.0/2.8/0.8/0.6/0.3/0.80/0.90/4.4

So figuring he gets starter minutes, we're looking at roughly 9 or 10 ppg. Is that why he is the answer, or is it his 56% free throws?

Who doesn't know ****? Hornets barely got better, and are still below LA, SA, DEN, DAL, POR, and possibly Utah.

tland22
08-05-2009, 06:51 PM
portland is overrated. FOR SURE

JordansBulls
08-05-2009, 07:16 PM
portland is overrated. FOR SURE

They won 54 games last year and this with Oden not doing much. Now they add Andre Miller.

Toenail Clipper
08-05-2009, 07:34 PM
They're gonna be 7th or 8th seed.
Clippers are better than them :P

Lakers4ItAll
08-05-2009, 07:36 PM

I agree

Vinny642
08-05-2009, 07:45 PM
Pretty good? Making the playoffs by 3 games and getting dominated in the playoffs isn't pretty good. Injuries are going to happen, and even after Peja was healthy, he was shooting with the accuracy of Stevie Wonder.

I like some of the bench additions, but NO is still a player or two away from being top 4 or 5. Julian Wright isn't the answer. His numbers are below.
G/GS/MPG/FG%/3p%/FT%/OFF/DEF/RPG/APG/SPG/BPG/TO/PF/PPG
54/19/14.3/0.466/0.095/0.567/0.9/2.0/2.8/0.8/0.6/0.3/0.80/0.90/4.4

So figuring he gets starter minutes, we're looking at roughly 9 or 10 ppg. Is that why he is the answer, or is it his 56% free throws?

Who doesn't know ****? Hornets barely got better, and are still below LA, SA, DEN, DAL, POR, and possibly Utah.

You don't know ****!
We actually improve alot from las year. We got a durable Center which we didnt have last year. People are saying we lose the alley oops but they dont realize that there werent many alley oops last year!

I never said Wright was the answer at all. But he has alot of potential to be a good start for us, way more versatile then Peja. We still have our Cp to West combo. Our bench improved significantly by drafting two solid bench players. Also signing Diogu since we didn't have a backup PF last year.

Also we were around 19-6 with our starters all playing during the regular season, with a 7 game winning streak at one time.
So you dont know **** about the Hornets.

Also I think our GM stated we aren't done making moves.

IBleedPurple
08-05-2009, 08:02 PM
You don't know ****!
We actually improve alot from las year. We got a durable Center which we didnt have last year. People are saying we lose the alley oops but they dont realize that there werent many alley oops last year!

I never said Wright was the answer at all. But he has alot of potential to be a good start for us, way more versatile then Peja. We still have our Cp to West combo. Our bench improved significantly by drafting two solid bench players. Also signing Diogu since we didn't have a backup PF last year.

Also we were around 19-6 with our starters all playing during the regular season, with a 7 game winning streak at one time.
So you dont know **** about the Hornets.

Also I think our GM stated we aren't done making moves.

Peja was very inconsistent, but spread the floor for CP3's penetration, West, & Chandler. And that is a very impressive record with your starters, but now the team is different, so that is water under the bridge.

With a decent amount of change on a team, you never know how they'll perform. Especially when the players aren't superstars. I think they are very slightly better, but taking on Okafor's contract is questionable as well.

Vinny642
08-05-2009, 08:07 PM
Peja was very inconsistent, but spread the floor for CP3's penetration, West, & Chandler. And that is a very impressive record with your starters, but now the team is different, so that is water under the bridge.

With a decent amount of change on a team, you never know how they'll perform. Especially when the players aren't superstars. I think they are very slightly better, but taking on Okafor's contract is questionable as well.

I dont believe so, because its not impossible to trade him or West.Also it means we have a consistent pf/c locked for the future. Chemistry will be shown but I think we will return to the playoffs stronger then last year. but our GM said they are still moves to be made. And I want to see what that move is.

JordansBulls
08-06-2009, 08:38 AM

:rolleyes:

azkarraga
08-06-2009, 08:47 AM
they're a playoff team

JRZ22
08-06-2009, 09:09 AM
7th..same. Okafor is just as injury prone as Chandler

KnicksR4Real
08-06-2009, 09:30 AM
I still think that they are the 4th best team in the west and they are one or two trades away from being a championship caliber team. They need a stronger bench in order for them to achieve great things.

tland22
08-06-2009, 12:37 PM
They won 54 games last year and this with Oden not doing much. Now they add Andre Miller.

AND? They had so many close games they easily could have only won 49 games or something. They are young, they wont be playing as consistently. The lost to the Rockets in the Playoffs. Without TMAC even playing. Didnt they have homecourt adv too? Anyways....

guess what? The Hornets won 49 games and Tyson only played in 45 of the 82 games. Hornets had Hilton Armstrong and Sean Marks as backup Centers for half of the season! and STILLLLLLLLLLLLL won 49 games. Hornets had literally NO backup for David West. Peja had a career worst year after coming off one of his best career seasons two years ago. AND STILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL Hornets won 49 games. And got better with the draft and Okafor and Diogu. Just think about all the negative factors and Hornets STILL won 49 games.

UofA
08-06-2009, 12:54 PM
I still don't see them being higher than a 6 seed

black1605
08-06-2009, 01:00 PM

okafor has played every game the last 2 years

JordansBulls
08-06-2009, 01:20 PM
AND? They had so many close games they easily could have only won 49 games or something. They are young, they wont be playing as consistently. The lost to the Rockets in the Playoffs. Without TMAC even playing. Didnt they have homecourt adv too? Anyways....

guess what? The Hornets won 49 games and Tyson only played in 45 of the 82 games. Hornets had Hilton Armstrong and Sean Marks as backup Centers for half of the season! and STILLLLLLLLLLLLL won 49 games. Hornets had literally NO backup for David West. Peja had a career worst year after coming off one of his best career seasons two years ago. AND STILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL Hornets won 49 games. And got better with the draft and Okafor and Diogu. Just think about all the negative factors and Hornets STILL won 49 games.

So maybe we should have a Hornets vs Blazers 1st round next year.
:D

tland22
08-06-2009, 02:13 PM
Id like to see that. Portland would lose, I think. Hornets as the 3 or 4 and Blazers as the 5 or 6. I can see that.

JordansBulls
08-06-2009, 04:47 PM
Id like to see that. Portland would lose, I think. Hornets as the 3 or 4 and Blazers as the 5 or 6. I can see that.

They are pretty much equal.

tland22
08-06-2009, 06:47 PM
Yea I cant argue with that. Equa except the fact that Portland gets WAAAAAY overrated here at PSD and the Hornets get zero love, so thatd qualify them as UNDERRATED.

Vinny642
08-06-2009, 07:09 PM

Haha, what a bad and wrong post.

Chandler has a degenerative foot and will be injury prone his whole career,
while on the other hand okafor hasn't been injury for a while

what54!?
08-06-2009, 07:11 PM
If okafor works on his offense, they could be a sleeper team

JordansBulls
08-06-2009, 10:53 PM
Haha, what a bad and wrong post.

Chandler has a degenerative foot and will be injury prone his whole career,
while on the other hand okafor hasn't been injury for a while

Chandler had been overrated his entire career.

Juju
08-07-2009, 04:22 AM
Wow just after one bad year everyone is bashing on the Hornets... To much bias fans out there!

Truthfully, I think the Hornets got better Offensively, but got a tad bit worst in the defensive part. Okafor also isn't injury prone as people said in this thread. He hasn't missed a game in two years people! Hornets will float around the 4th and 5th seed in the West due to much competition!

JordansBulls
08-07-2009, 11:36 PM
Wow just after one bad year everyone is bashing on the Hornets... To much bias fans out there!

Truthfully, I think the Hornets got better Offensively, but got a tad bit worst in the defensive part. Okafor also isn't injury prone as people said in this thread. He hasn't missed a game in two years people! Hornets will float around the 4th and 5th seed in the West due to much competition!

I actually believe Emeka is better than Tyson on both ends.

Vinny642
08-07-2009, 11:39 PM
Chandler had been overrated his entire career.

A little but the season where we won 56 games was good.

JordansBulls
08-09-2009, 06:39 PM
A little but the season where we won 56 games was good.

I'm assumming that was in 2008.

spacemandave
08-09-2009, 06:57 PM
think the development of julian wright into one of the finishing 5(maybe not starter but closer) on the team and collison and thorntons ability to give starters a rest without an instant 10 point swing can be as important as the trade. the upgrade from chandler(who was offensively ********) to okafor(better than chandler at everything?) is big too. and i like the diogu signing as well to back up west.

mopete barely played last year and hopefully pejas minutes will go mostly to juju.

cp3
juju
posey
west
okafor

is awesome i think...but lakers, spurs, nuggets, and blazers are all real tough....which will make it even sweeter when we rout them in route to the title.

go hornets baby