PDA

View Full Version : Lemaire

Tyler Arnason.
07-28-2009, 09:48 AM
Oh man, this team actually showed some signs of excitement this year and now we are going backwards. It's ashame, winning radition but most boring team in hockey who can;t even fill up seats during playoff games.

It's a travesty given all the successes they've had

Freekshow187187
07-28-2009, 12:26 PM
its amazing i guess ranger fans just like the feel of anything devils cause they always cross the rivers to go to are arena instead of their piece of **** garden and you can tell when its a ranger fan talking when they have no clue what their saying and what is most amazing a ranger fan is trying to talk about winning. go back to new york and just put a suit on so im sure they'll past more free tickets out to all the businesses so you can enjoy the dump called madison square garden.

friarfan07
07-28-2009, 03:50 PM
yeah, cuz, as a TRUE fan of the sport, i care about excitement more than i care about winning cups. :rolleyes:

seriously, ranger fan, don't worry. we'll take our boring brand of hockey across the river and put the 1-0 thumpings on your exciting team.

given all the excitement prevalent in the garden, how many cups have your rangers won over the past 15 years? is it less than 3? exactly. you go get excited. we'll go get more cups with lemaire.

Tyler Arnason.
07-28-2009, 04:30 PM
I just cant stand our boring brand of hockey, thats all. We are a waste of several Stanley Cups....and the three of us in this thread are the only fans out there probably. We should move the team to Brooklyn.

blueman2424
07-28-2009, 08:28 PM
and the three of us in this thread are the only fans out there probably.

Not quite all of them...

I'm with FriarFan on this one. Defensive-minded hockey may not have the excitement of high scoring games, but, like a good pitcher's duel, I'll take it. There's excitement in a chess match, too.

NJDEVS24
07-28-2009, 08:39 PM
Oh man, this team actually showed some signs of excitement this year and now we are going backwards. It's ashame, winning radition but most boring team in hockey who can;t even fill up seats during playoff games.

It's a travesty given all the successes they've had

It's a shame spend hundreds of millions of dollars and still suck. Listen you have absolutely no argument whatsoever the devils have been the better team forever and they will always be the better team.

By the way what ****ing successes have you had?

TheDetroitBlue
07-28-2009, 11:11 PM
and the three of us in this thread are the only fans out there probably

Nope,

Im a devils fan go for every detroit team except the redwings
A. because i find that the red wings dont play a physical enough brand of hockey
B. Since I am canadian there are some canadian greats in NJ's past and Present (Stevens, Brodeur)
C.Hell and I hate the rangers and there overpopulated Fanbase of fans who think every offseason that since there rangers went out and overpaid for a player it ultimatley meens the cup. Also some really cocky ranger fans that think Henrik is better then brodeur need to take a look in the mirror and realize that "King" Henrik has got them a total of ZERO rings
D.And to the rangers fans that chirp us about brodeur choking in the last few moments of this years playoffs may I give them a swift reminder that broduer has three rings and that the rangers lost to the capitals in 7 after having a 3-1 lead.
E. My final point as my fellow dev fans do I hate that little ***** called sean avery and personally would of loved to see him pull the same crap he did while stevens or daneyko were patrolling our net.

NJDEVS24
07-29-2009, 11:30 AM
Nope,

Im a devils fan go for every detroit team except the redwings
A. because i find that the red wings dont play a physical enough brand of hockey
B. Since I am canadian there are some canadian greats in NJ's past and Present (Stevens, Brodeur)
C.Hell and I hate the rangers and there overpopulated Fanbase of fans who think every offseason that since there rangers went out and overpaid for a player it ultimatley meens the cup. Also some really cocky ranger fans that think Henrik is better then brodeur need to take a look in the mirror and realize that "King" Henrik has got them a total of ZERO rings
D.And to the rangers fans that chirp us about brodeur choking in the last few moments of this years playoffs may I give them a swift reminder that broduer has three rings and that the rangers lost to the capitals in 7 after having a 3-1 lead.
E. My final point as my fellow dev fans do I hate that little ***** called sean avery and personally would of loved to see him pull the same crap he did while stevens or daneyko were patrolling our net.

Agreed

JesusJuicer
07-29-2009, 02:08 PM
I don't get why some fans get so defensive (see what ui did there) when someone complains about the style of hockey the Devils have been employing for the past 15 years. As if being unhappy with the product means everyone should find a new team. Heck, I hated the style the Knicks played for years but I wouldnt stop being a Knick fan, I just hoped they would go in a new direction and bring the fun back, which they're doing now anyway (we'll see if they can also win with it eventually).

I feel like everyone's heard the complaining for so long that alot of people get super sensitive when someone says "oh no, Lemaire is boring and I wish they would at least start a new era." Parise and Marty aside, the Devils do not have any players that I watch games waiting to see them do something special.

NJDEVS24
07-29-2009, 02:45 PM
I don't get why some fans get so defensive (see what ui did there) when someone complains about the style of hockey the Devils have been employing for the past 15 years. As if being unhappy with the product means everyone should find a new team. Heck, I hated the style the Knicks played for years but I wouldnt stop being a Knick fan, I just hoped they would go in a new direction and bring the fun back, which they're doing now anyway (we'll see if they can also win with it eventually).

I feel like everyone's heard the complaining for so long that alot of people get super sensitive when someone says "oh no, Lemaire is boring and I wish they would at least start a new era." Parise and Marty aside, the Devils do not have any players that I watch games waiting to see them do something special.

When someone says the devils are a waste of stanley cups thats something to get defensive about and lemaire isn't boring anymore he said hes not the same coach and hes going to let players play to their strengths hes going to coach more of a wide open game like last year.

JesusJuicer
07-29-2009, 02:48 PM
look, Tyler Arneson is a troll, don't feed into his stupidity. He's just a ranger fan who watches MSG highlights of Spring of '94 over and over. I'd be shocked if he wasn't a Met fan, too.

friarfan07
07-29-2009, 02:52 PM

this is why, times 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU20jHaPBy0&feature=related

i don't care so much what i see on the ice and perceive as exciting, so long as it is successful. winning is exciting to me. any decent fan should feel the same. in 50 years, is the hockey world going to remember where we ranked in terms of exciting teams, or how many cups we were able to win in that timeframe? exactly.

for another thing, i don't find 1-1 games boring in any way. it makes scoring special. again, if you care so much about scoring, watch the NBA.

as incredulous as you strangely seem to be about my and other dev fans' sensitivity about other people degrading us in the form of calling our team or system boring, i am about the same in terms of disbelief as to how anyone supposedly a devils fans can either subscribe to or agree with the notion that we should be exciting first and win second. that's what your sentiment implies, which, if i'm honest, is completely stupid.

friarfan07
07-29-2009, 02:55 PM
look, Tyler Arneson is a troll, don't feed into his stupidity. He's just a ranger fan who watches MSG highlights of Spring of '94 over and over. I'd be shocked if he wasn't a Met fan, too.

ok, so now you seemingly oppose the OP after just siding with him?

make up your mind, man.

NJDEVS24
07-29-2009, 02:56 PM

haaaahaa

JesusJuicer
07-30-2009, 02:19 PM
this is why, times 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU20jHaPBy0&feature=related

i don't care so much what i see on the ice and perceive as exciting, so long as it is successful. winning is exciting to me. any decent fan should feel the same. in 50 years, is the hockey world going to remember where we ranked in terms of exciting teams, or how many cups we were able to win in that timeframe? exactly.

for another thing, i don't find 1-1 games boring in any way. it makes scoring special. again, if you care so much about scoring, watch the NBA.

as incredulous as you strangely seem to be about my and other dev fans' sensitivity about other people degrading us in the form of calling our team or system boring, i am about the same in terms of disbelief as to how anyone supposedly a devils fans can either subscribe to or agree with the notion that we should be exciting first and win second. that's what your sentiment implies, which, if i'm honest, is completely stupid.

well, likely we will never agree on what constitutes proper "fandom" since we're watching the same sport from different perspectives. I, however, didn't feel the need to condescend and call you stupid.

I watch hockey to be entertained. It's a sport at live venues and on television and therefore competes with every TV show, every concert, every other sport in order to grab my (and other people's) attention. You seem to be implying that the very same game's excitement hinges on who scores the game winning goal. Does a "good" game turn bad if your team loses in OT or does a "bad" game get defined as good if your team wins in OT? Do you not judge the quality of the 2.5 hours spent before the GWG decided who won and who lost? Am I more or less of a fan because I want the style of hockey played to be exciting (to me) for the entire game and not just the 0.000001 seconds it takes for a puck to cross a goal line and the red light come on?

I'll be 100% honest and say I am a fan of watching hockey games much more than I am a fan of any team. I'm not passionately connected to any team so much that I look only at a result and past the time I spend on the couch or at the game, watching. Thats just how i watch sports.

friarfan07
07-30-2009, 02:42 PM
well, likely we will never agree on what constitutes proper "fandom" since we're watching the same sport from different perspectives. I, however, didn't feel the need to condescend and call you stupid.

lol. :violin:

no one called you stupid. i believe my exact verbage was: "that's what your sentiment implies, which, if i'm honest, is completely stupid." i stand by the notion that excitement should somehow take precedence over success is a stupid one held by those who aren't true fans of teams or those who don't have a solid understanding of physical competition.

I watch hockey to be entertained. It's a sport at live venues and on television and therefore competes with every TV show, every concert, every other sport in order to grab my (and other people's) attention. You seem to be implying that the very same game's excitement hinges on who scores the game winning goal. Does a "good" game turn bad if your team loses in OT or does a "bad" game get defined as good if your team wins in OT? Do you not judge the quality of the 2.5 hours spent before the GWG decided who won and who lost? Am I more or less of a fan because I want the style of hockey played to be exciting (to me) for the entire game and not just the 0.000001 seconds it takes for a puck to cross a goal line and the red light come on?

lol again. please, do everyone a favor here especially yourself and don't presume to know what i imply. i don't imply anything; i speak simply and truthfully. and i didn't nor would ever imply the GWG is what the excitement hinges on. so not sure where you got that one.

and yes, all you talk about in the second half of the passage proves to me you are out of your element. if you don't like teams, what are you a fan of, the refs? gary bettman? because if you're not a fan of any team and therefore have no feasible reason to watch any games with any actual, vested personal interest, i'm sorry but that's extremely creepy to me.

and to answer your intended rhetorical question at the end: yes. yes it does make you less of a fan. in fact, it makes you not a fan. fans cheer for certain teams. you said you don't. aside from being odd, that by definition violates the conditions required to be a fan. you're entitled to do whatever you please and watch how you want to watch. but if you watch a game and don't cheer for any teams, you're not a fan of anything other than the sport of hockey, which is inherent with liking a team (you're not gonna like a team in a sport you don't like, are you?). i like the NJ devils, so it can be implied that i like hockey enough to warrant my interest in one of its teams.

I'll be 100% honest and say I am a fan of watching hockey games much more than I am a fan of any team. I'm not passionately connected to any team so much that I look only at a result and past the time I spend on the couch or at the game, watching. Thats just how i watch sports.

here's what it comes down to, juicer. i like the devils. i like watching them win. if they win in a manner which is deemed 'boring' by the casual fans (i.e. you) and fans of other teams (i.e. Tyler Arnason here), i don't give a flying ****. i like when my team wins. that itself is exciting to me. if we lose 12-11, i won't be as excited as i would be if it's 0-0 with near misses and clutch saves from marty in OT and my team scores to win. not because of the GWG, but because i saw a well played hockey game despite scoring and resulting in my team's triumph.

but now that you've said you aren't a fan of any team, it's clear why you'd have such a problem understanding me. i'd advise you to start liking a team. it makes watching two seemingly arbitrary teams skate around trying to score on one another a lot less boring, which was your original complaint with this team and lemaire anyway, right?

sorry man. i don't dislike you or your posting that much; it's just i view you as a ball of inconsistency and lame fandom. hope you understand, but don't really care if you don't. regards.

NJDEVS24
07-30-2009, 03:32 PM
lol. :violin:

no one called you stupid. i believe my exact verbage was: "that's what your sentiment implies, which, if i'm honest, is completely stupid." i stand by the notion that excitement should somehow take precedence over success is a stupid one held by those who aren't true fans of teams or those who don't have a solid understanding of physical competition.

lol again. please, do everyone a favor here especially yourself and don't presume to know what i imply. i don't imply anything; i speak simply and truthfully. and i didn't nor would never imply the GWG is what the excitement hinges on. so not sure where you got that one.

and yes, all you talk about in the second half of the passage proves to me you are out of your element. what are you a fan of, the refs? gary betteman? because if you're not a fan of any team and therefore have no feasible reason to watch any games with and vested personal interest, i'm sorry but that's extremely creepy to me.

and to answer your intended rhetorical question at the end: yes. yes it does make you less of a fan. in fact, it makes you not a fan. fans cheer for certain teams. you said you don't. aside from being odd, that by definition violates the conditions required to be a fan.

here's what it comes down to, juicer. i like the devils. i like watching them win. if they win in a manner which is deemed 'boring' by the casual fans (i.e. you) and fans of other teams (i.e. Tyler Arnason here), i don't give a flying ****. i like when my team wins. that itself is exciting to me. if we lose 12-11, i won't be as excited as i would be if it's 0-0 in OT and my team scores to win.

but now that you've said you aren't a fan of any team, it's clear why you'd have such a problem understanding me. i'd advise you to like a team. it makes watching two seemingly arbitrary teams skate around trying to score on one another a lot less boring, which was your original complaint with this team and lemaire anyway, right?

sorry man. i don't dislike you or your posting that much; it's just i view you as a ball of inconsistency and lame fandom. hope you understand, but don't really care if you don't. regards.

Exactly, if you just like watching hockey and don't like a certain team then youre kind of wasting your time because you have nothing to look forward to and no one to cheer on in the playoffs, its kind of wierd if you watch hockey and dont like a particular team. Me? Im a hardcore devils fan for life and also dont give a **** if anyone thinks the devils style of play is boring as long as they win, and low scoring defensive games actually make it more exciting when a goal is scored, but i still dont know why the hell people are saying the devils are boring if they had almost a hundred more goals then the rangers last year and had one of the best offenses in the league. They were one of the most exciting teams last year so no one has an argument that theyre boring. The devils could be the most exciting team in the world and still lose cause they dont play defense and i would be pissed, id rather they play boring hockey and win then play exciting hockey and lose. Obviously, juicer, since you dont like a particular team, you wouldnt understand that true fans do get pissed when they lose and are happy when they win, for example: game 7 when marty let two goals go through his arm in less than two minutes youre damn right i didn't focus on how good paul martins forecheck was back in the first period, im focusing on how marty sucks and we should have won that game and it was his fault and nothing else, im not going to sit here like you would and say what a great game because it wasn't those were two easy goals that he should have stopped, so **** that.

Freekshow187187
07-30-2009, 03:54 PM
Exactly, if you just like watching hockey and don't like a certain team then youre kind of wasting your time because you have nothing to look forward to and no one to cheer on in the playoffs, its kind of wierd if you watch hockey and dont like a particular team. Me? Im a hardcore devils fan for life and also dont give a **** if anyone thinks the devils style of play is boring as long as they win, and low scoring defensive games actually make it more exciting when a goal is scored, but i still dont know why the hell people are saying the devils are boring if they had almost a hundred more goals then the rangers last year and had one of the best offenses in the league. They were one of the most exciting teams last year so no one has an argument that theyre boring. The devils could be the most exciting team in the world and still lose cause they dont play defense and i would be pissed, id rather they play boring hockey and win then play exciting hockey and lose. Obviously, juicer, since you dont like a particular team, you wouldnt understand that true fans do get pissed when they lose and are happy when they win, for example: game 7 when marty let two goals go through his arm in less than two minutes youre damn right i didn't focus on how good paul martins forecheck was back in the first period, im focusing on how marty sucks and we should have won that game and it was his fault and nothing else, im not going to sit here like you would and say what a great game because it wasn't those were two easy goals that he should have stopped, so **** that.

Agreed 100% but lets take it easy on marty lol im not gonna lie i threw a plate against the wall and then punched it and was cursing him out but lets take it easy on him now

JesusJuicer
07-30-2009, 03:56 PM
My personal interest is just watching hockey. Most times I watch games and pick the team I want to win during the game, usually based on if I like a certain player's style, especially the goalie. Hence I might watch Devil games more just to watch Marty than any other reason, simply because I enjoy watching his style of goaltending.

Devilfan309
07-30-2009, 05:56 PM
If the devils win, i'm happy with it!

NJDEVS24
07-31-2009, 06:17 PM
If the devils win, i'm happy with it!

arent we all :smoking:

NjDevilsFan
07-31-2009, 09:34 PM
Ya know what I LOVE seeing the Devils win Idc how, if I see the Devils winning 10-0 I'm just gonna laugh thats not exciting, when I see my team winning 2-1 in OT im sitting on the edge of my seat and SCREAMING when that puck crosses the line like a nut, EXCITED as anything. And besides you can call 95 boring but seeing Stevens and Daneyko DROP people while our superstar goalie has more players looking to the rafters then ever before. Its all pretty exciting to me. Ohh and NOTHING is more thrilling then seeing my team win a championship.
I have a friend who is a DIE HARD Mets, Bruins and Jets fan he is constantly telling me a Yankee Jet and Devil fan that it kills him he never got to see his team win it all. I seen it as a DEVILS FAN ALONE. 3 Times. Indescribable.

blueman2424
08-01-2009, 12:08 AM
I have a friend who is a DIE HARD Mets, Bruins and Jets fan he is constantly telling me a Yankee Jet and Devil fan that it kills him he never got to see his team win it all. I seen it as a DEVILS FAN ALONE. 3 Times. Indescribable.

As a Mets, Jets, and of course Devils fan, I understand your friend's frustration. I really wasn't much of a hockey fan in '95, but I've gotten to see the other two championships. When Arnott scored in 2000 for the win, I didn't know what to do. I jumped off the couch as I do for any goal, but then I kind of stood there.

To be honest, it never really sunk in, and 2003 didn't either. Maybe it's because I grew up in the Mets' and Jets' Dark Ages of the early '90s...this is a hockey forum, I know, but I distinctly remember the Jets' 1-15 season.

Back to hockey though. As others have said, regardless of the style of play, Brodeur is fun to watch, period. I'm pretty sure I could just watch his end of the ice for 60 minutes and be on the edge of my seat...

NjDevilsFan
08-01-2009, 11:56 PM
I agree and it really is incredible, so however we do it if it gets done I'm happy.

NJDEVS24
08-05-2009, 12:16 PM
Shanny is back and ready to go in training camp baby.

NjDevilsFan
08-05-2009, 03:50 PM
Nice veteran to lead some of the young guys coming up not to mention how gritty he can be.