PDA

View Full Version : #6 Center In the NBA Today: Volume 2

Mile High Champ
07-28-2009, 12:14 AM
Hey guys, Some of you may remember but I conducted a poll at the start of the season that had PSD users vote for the top 10 players at each position. I would like to start this up once more considering the NBA season is now over and we can get to this discussion since lots has changed since the start of last season. Please TRY AND VOTE FOR THE BEST PLAYER AND DON'T BE A HOMER. I will leave the poll open for one day and than we can carry on to the next best player at that position. I will add more players after each round...Enjoy.

REMEMBER this is based on who is the best player, not the player who has the potential to be the best.

C Rankings DONT FORGET TO VOTE!!

1) Dwight Howard
2) Yao Ming
3) Al Jefferson
4) Shaquille O'Neal
5) Andrea Bargnani
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Last Years C Rankings:

1) Dwight Howard
2) Yao Ming
3) Al Jefferson
4) Andrew Bynum
5) Chris Kaman
6) Tyson Chandler
7) Shaquille O'Neal
8) Marcus Camby
9) Jermaine O'neal
10) Andrew Bogut

Raps18-19 Champ
07-28-2009, 12:16 AM
I really didn't want Bargnani to be 5th but I would rather think he is better than Bynum now.

BTW, There really isn't a point of this thread because Bynum is going to win no matter what.

Mile High Champ
07-28-2009, 12:18 AM
Poll is now up...

I vote Nene here, I like his development over the last few years, I think he gets overlooked often, a physical center who can rebound and provide a stable source of good defense and low post skills..

He is the guy I pick..

b_rad23
07-28-2009, 12:19 AM
I voted Camby personally. Best shotblocker/rebounder.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-28-2009, 12:22 AM
Why is Bargnani there on the poll?

Mile High Champ
07-28-2009, 12:23 AM
Damn it... He must have got added in by mistake.. I am beyond tired. my bad..

Kakaroach
07-28-2009, 12:36 AM
Where is Biedrins?

Raps18-19 Champ
07-28-2009, 12:38 AM
I say we should redo 5th best C without Bynum and Bargnani in the poll until around the 7th or 8th rank.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-28-2009, 12:39 AM
Where is Biedrins?

He mistook Beidrins for Bargnani and accidently added Bargnani on the poll.

Macedonian
07-28-2009, 12:44 AM
Damn it... He must have got added in by mistake.. I am beyond tired. my bad..
Where's Biedrins?:)

Draco
07-28-2009, 12:48 AM
If Bargs is at 5 then Noah's at 6 ;)

maxcaster989
07-28-2009, 12:49 AM
Brook Lopez

mavwar53
07-28-2009, 12:50 AM
re do poll and add biedrins

B.JenningsMVP
07-28-2009, 12:50 AM
Where is Biedrins?

x2!

ARMIN12NBA
07-28-2009, 12:58 AM
The #5 center in the NBA today should go at this spot...

IversonIsKrazy
07-28-2009, 01:07 AM
I gotta go with Okafor. He is a defensive presence, has great defense, great low post game, and is a very very very talented and gifted player overall. Big oak deserves this 1.

DaddyCool
07-28-2009, 01:14 AM
Kaman

jrodmesche
07-28-2009, 01:18 AM
JO is hes one of the few centers left that are good at offense and defence

Er1c
07-28-2009, 01:26 AM
If Bargs is at 5 then Noah's at 6 ;)

i know right...barg at 5? pshhh...HAHAHAA

FOBolous
07-28-2009, 01:28 AM
I say we should redo 5th best C without Bynum and Bargnani in the poll until around the 7th or 8th rank.

agreed. the poll is a joke with either Bargnani and Bynum at #5

magikmc
07-28-2009, 01:28 AM
I'm losing respect for Laker fans lol.... you guys just won an NBA championship and you're getting all upset that Bynum didn't make the top 5 in a Poll on PSD??? Wow.... just wow....

MPScribbles
07-28-2009, 01:35 AM
ILLEGITIMATE! I boycott these polls from here on. No way in hell that Barg could be voted number 5 centerin the league anywhere that wasn't heavily loaded with raptor fans. He's not even the 5th best player playing out of position in the NBA. Where is Eddy Curry btw? Why are the Knicks fans not given the chance to ridiculously ballot-stuff for their overrated center like the Raptors and Lakers?

Gibby
07-28-2009, 01:38 AM
i voted for okafor for the 5th and now 6th. no matter how many times we redo it, Bargs or Bynum will be 5th.

BTW, where can see all other rankings done so far?

D-Will4Prez
07-28-2009, 01:38 AM
Mehmet Okur has 17 PPG last season...the best of all the Cs left on the board

GodsSon
07-28-2009, 01:50 AM
The #5 center in the NBA today should go at this spot...

Okafor? Biedrins?

zambo4president
07-28-2009, 01:51 AM
Wow seriously Rap fans? Bargs at 5? Thats gay. I went with Lopez.

B.JenningsMVP
07-28-2009, 01:51 AM
Put Beans up so I could vote! lol

I Am Awesome-O
07-28-2009, 01:56 AM
How is Marc Gasol not even on the list?

obrpunk
07-28-2009, 02:00 AM
gotta go with Camby...close call with a couple of those guys...

FOBolous
07-28-2009, 02:17 AM
ILLEGITIMATE! I boycott these polls from here on. No way in hell that Barg could be voted number 5 centerin the league anywhere that wasn't heavily loaded with raptor fans. He's not even the 5th best player playing out of position in the NBA. Where is Eddy Curry btw? Why are the Knicks fans not given the chance to ridiculously ballot-stuff for their overrated center like the Raptors and Lakers?

agreed. i refuse to vote with Bargnani at the #5 spot.

Raoul Duke
07-28-2009, 02:26 AM
There aren't enough good centers in the league to make this an interesting poll.

I voted Nene, but I almost went with Okafor.

FOBolous
07-28-2009, 02:27 AM
so i think everyone should boycott the poll because Bargnani made the #5 spot.

sargon21
07-28-2009, 02:47 AM
omg plz bynums nowhere near some of these guys, bunch of l.a homers

EastCoastBaller
07-28-2009, 03:08 AM
Okafor is a better offensive and defensive player than Bynum... and plus Okafor been staying healthy the last few years. He's a very underrated player but It dosen't even matter because all the LA fans are still going to vote for Andrew "Overrated" Bynum.

Chronz
07-28-2009, 03:13 AM
lol yea lets just rid the 2 players who have the most question marks besides them.

QuaLiThADoN
07-28-2009, 03:14 AM
nice to see brook gettin love

QuaLiThADoN
07-28-2009, 03:15 AM
why the F is bargnani even in the top 10 ?

Nets fan 93
07-28-2009, 03:20 AM
Brook Lopez...

cant wait to see what he can do as a main go to post player!

BlondeBomber41
07-28-2009, 03:27 AM
I am boycotting the rest of these threads because Bargnani got 5.

It wasnt even made to look like a fair vote. The Raptors fans had a thread in the Raptors forum urging all their posters to come to the NBA forum and vote for Bargnani. Pathetic.

Chronz
07-28-2009, 03:29 AM
Dont boycott, whats the point. Its not like this changes anything big picture wise, just move on. Lets get the 2 homer votes out of the way and move on to the next debate.

Kaman vs Camby vs Okafor vs Nene

ink
07-28-2009, 03:29 AM
I am boycotting the rest of these threads because Bargnani got 5.

It wasnt even made to look like a fair vote. The Raptors fans had a thread in the Raptors forum urging all their posters to come to the NBA forum and vote for Bargnani. Pathetic.

I don't think people should start threads in their team forums to increase the vote, but come on, it's been common for a few years here. These votes are by no means scientific.

I have to say that it annoys me that anyone would suggest that the person who has worked so hard on these threads over two off-seasons - Mile High Champ - is part of "stuffing" the ballots. That's just silly, and it's also an insult to a very fair guy. Look at the threads he's run for two years. We're lucky he's made the outstanding effort.

The only way to make this vote for #5 in any way fair would be to remove BOTH Lakers and Raptors fans from the voting. I don't know how that could be done so I'm afraid people will just have to live with the fact that both Raptors and Lakers fans voted with their homer instincts in this poll.

Like Barry Bonds' records, maybe the votes for #5 and #6 should just have an asterisk beside them. lol.

People are taking this way too seriously. These forums are for entertainment, not to nurse grudges and make "protests" over trivial matters.

Undoubtedly, the #6 center will be Bynum. Let's get past that and see who gets #'s 7-10. Some of them might actually belong ahead of the two homer voted players who got #5 and #6.

;)

AccUrSeD
07-28-2009, 03:31 AM
what is up with the hate on oden??

I know he is better than some of those guys in that poll.

zambo4president
07-28-2009, 03:33 AM
Im so happy us Bulls fans arent being the homers on this one.

zambo4president
07-28-2009, 03:34 AM
what is up with the hate on oden??

I know he is better than some of those guys in that poll.

Dude come on. Hes been extremely banged up and has hardly played. Potential wise yes hes much better than these guys, but thats just potential.

zambo4president
07-28-2009, 03:35 AM
Mehmet Okur really got 3 votes? Im not saying he is bad but just pretty surprising.

MPScribbles
07-28-2009, 04:04 AM
I don't think people should start threads in their team forums to increase the vote, but come on, it's been common for a few years here. These votes are by no means scientific.

I have to say that it annoys me that anyone would suggest that the person who has worked so hard on these threads over two off-seasons - Mile High Champ - is part of "stuffing" the ballots. That's just silly, and it's also an insult to a very fair guy. Look at the threads he's run for two years. We're lucky he's made the outstanding effort.
;)

Since you're semi-quoting me I guess I should respond. I, nor FOBolous, nor BlondeBomber41 made any sort of attack on the integrity of the guy that made the thread. In fact I made it very clear that the fans of these teams from which the players are receiving unwarranted votes are ruining the thread. We never said that he personally had anything to do with the voting nor discredited the amount of time and effort that he has put into these threads- which for the most part have been very on point. As best I understand it, the website tabulates the votes so there is no way that he could personally do anything to change the outcome of the voting. What I, and apparently not only I, have a big problem with is when people ignore him imploring fans not to be homeristic and people do it anyway to the tune of a borderline top 10 "center" getting the number 5 spot. What I meant by ballot-stuffing is all the Raptors fans just blindly voting for Bargnani, not out of a genuine belief that he is better than these other players, just because he plays for their team(I also made that comment before anyone mentioned the thread in the Raptors forum encouraging them to vote).
I figure the more people that take this semi-seriously(i.e. seriously enough to actually consider who is better between the players available) that boycott or stop voting the more ridiculous it will become to the point that people will want to: a) worst case stop voting also b) best case show some dignity and don't act like little fanboys that just want to glorify their own player against all reason or logic.

azkarraga
07-28-2009, 04:23 AM
nene. nice season he's done

bbcmillionaire
07-28-2009, 04:47 AM
lol the homers win this one. i wanted to pick brooke cause he is top 5 now, but noah killed in the playoffs

danidin
07-28-2009, 04:56 AM
Andrea Bargnani #5 :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

so who's #6? Hilton Armstrong?

Tom81
07-28-2009, 05:01 AM
Andrew Bynum

FortyDubs
07-28-2009, 05:08 AM
Where's Andris at?

DeeJay
07-28-2009, 05:19 AM
This poll lost all credibility.
Bargnani 5th? :crazy:

mitch91
07-28-2009, 07:48 AM
went with camby....but would have voted beidris had he been there

CELTICS4LYFE
07-28-2009, 08:16 AM
This poll lost all credibility.
Bargnani 5th? :crazy:

n bynum 6th? :crazy:

JordansBulls
07-28-2009, 08:38 AM
I'm losing respect for Laker fans lol.... you guys just won an NBA championship and you're getting all upset that Bynum didn't make the top 5 in a Poll on PSD??? Wow.... just wow....

:)

LanceUpperCut
07-28-2009, 08:54 AM
Group huge for all the winny *****es crying about Bargnani.

jsumadchat
07-28-2009, 09:08 AM
the thing that really bothers me is that all of you are saying the thread has lost credibility. how is that so? bargs was voted as the FIFTH best center and if there was ANY homerism involved he would have surely went higher. the whole bynum/bargs arguement is getting tired and played out, and bargs should be there based on the fact that bynum missed a significant stretch of the season. on top of that, there is NO WAY all 76 votes came from raps fans. the same people who voted bynum at FOUR last year are the same players whining over this 'travesty'. bargs did enough to gain that position based on the talent he displayed and the improvements he showcased in his overall game. just drop it because its done now. maybe neither bynum OR bargs deserve 5 and 6, but theyre gonna get it either way.

Lakerfan In NY
07-28-2009, 09:08 AM
Andrea Bargnani!?! WTF! number 5? you got to be kidding me. I didn't know PSD was international. Who the F voted for Andrea Bargnani as the 5th best center in the NBA. He's not even the 5th best international born center. Some idiots voted for Andrea Bargnani over Okur, Camby, Nene, Lopez(NJ). Come to think of it, wasn't Bargnani on the bench @ the begining of the season & didn't start unless J O'neal(who you guys didn't vote for yet) got hurt then finally made his start when he got traded & he's the 5th best center in the NBA, we need to add some rules to this voting like you have to be your teams starting center from the beginning of the year to be considered top anything. Andrea Bargnani isn't even a true center. If he 5th, we should re-cast our votes & add Timmy, Amare, Gasol. Bargnani???? THIS HAS TO BE A JOKE.

Unruly Fan
07-28-2009, 09:19 AM
Andrea Bargnani!?! WTF! number 5? you got to be kidding me. I didn't know PSD was international. Who the F voted for Andrea Bargnani as the 5th best center in the NBA. He's not even the 5th best international born center. Some idiots voted for Andrea Bargnani over Okur, Camby, Nene, Lopez(NJ). Come to think of it, wasn't Bargnani on the bench @ the begining of the season & didn't start unless J O'neal(who you guys didn't vote for yet) got hurt then finally made his start when he got traded & he's the 5th best center in the NBA, we need to add some rules to this voting like you have to be your teams starting center from the beginning of the year to be considered top anything. Andrea Bargnani isn't even a true center. If he 5th, we should re-cast our votes & add Timmy, Amare, Gasol. Bargnani???? THIS HAS TO BE A JOKE.Are you ********? Why don't you wake up and watch a Raptor game or 2 before you make such outlandish comments. Hes in the NBA for a reason buddy. I understand Bargs is definately not #5 but hes also no Hilton Armstrong or Darko Milicic.

Anyhow I personally voted for Okafor last round as well as this round so you can end that theory of Bargs having the support of ALL Raptor fans in PSD.

stealth33
07-28-2009, 09:30 AM
The 5th and 6th are Okafor and Kaman. From the 7th and on it's a pretty wide open race. I usually hate calling out the "typical homer fans" but toronto and LA fans are generally the most blind homer fans around and this kind of proves it. And I'm not necessarily talking about these forums but you read any writer's "mailbag" article and you'll see it's always the toronto and LA fans blasting him for undervaluing the raptors or be a "kobe hater"

You would take RIGHT NOW, to my knowledge this poll is about the present and not future, bynum and bargnani over okafor when you're talking centers? Bynum is one of the most painfully overrated players around. Bargnani is just as overvalued when we're talking about right now. Give me Okafor or Kaman over either of them. Hell give me Horford, Lopez, or Nene over them.

Again, I'm talking about right now.

stealth33
07-28-2009, 09:32 AM
I in no way want to overly devalue Bargnani, and he definitely isn't as overrated as Bynum.

But we're talking about top 5 of his position...and though center is generally thin, there is NO CHANCE.

pebloemer
07-28-2009, 09:33 AM
Are you ********? Why don't you wake up and watch a Raptor game or 2 before you make such outlandish comments. Hes in the NBA for a reason buddy. I understand Bargs is definately not #5 but hes also no Hilton Armstrong or Darko Milicic.

Anyhow I personally voted for Okafor last round as well as this round so you can end that theory of Bargs having the support of ALL Raptor fans in PSD.

Just to add to what you are saying; there are many other Raptors fans that have vocally stood up and stated he shouldn't be 5th and voted for another candidate. If you look through the thread you'll also see many non-Raptor's fans pledging support for Bargnani. It isn't black and white - Raptor's fans voted for Bargnani, Lakers fans voted for Bynum.

Many of us handle ourselves with integrity and many people actually believed that is is 5th best. Which I would adamantly counter, but I can't make that decision for others. There are definitely some that acted without integrity and a thread was created (not sure when) in the Raptor's forum to recruit Bargnani votes. It was closed as quick as it was noticed.

magichatnumber9
07-28-2009, 09:34 AM
If Perk is not a top ten center then this poll is trash

stealth33
07-28-2009, 09:36 AM
Anyway forget Bargnani at this point. Bynum over Okafor? I guess the difference between playing in Charlotte and LA will do that to your popularity.

Maybe more people will see what Okafor does when he/if he plays in NO.

stealth33
07-28-2009, 09:36 AM
If Perk is not a top ten center then this poll is trash

He isn't. Sorry.

kbaxter34
07-28-2009, 09:54 AM
This thread is a joke. There are at least 10 centers that are better then Bargnani. The fact that Raps08-09 Champ felt the need to start a Vote for Bargs thread in the Raptors forum completely destroys all credibility of this poll

I don't even care that it wasn't Bynum at 5. He could go any where from 5 to 8 and I wouldn't argue too much with it. but Bargnani over Okafor, Nene, Camby, Kaman, Bynum, Okur, Lopez, and Horford is a joke.

Unruly Fan
07-28-2009, 09:55 AM
If Perk is not a top ten center then this poll is trashI believe he should be as well. The poll is what it is. Its integrity is dependant on the voters.

Mile High Champ
07-28-2009, 09:56 AM
Vote in the other thread with the same title, i have updated the poll and thread....

danidin
07-28-2009, 09:58 AM
Okafor, Kaman, Bynum, Okur, Nene > Bargs.

the guy isn't make 6 RPG.

ink
07-28-2009, 11:03 AM
This thread is a joke.

This isn't aimed at you, but some people really need to get a life. Seriously, find something a little more significant to "protest".

The Bargnani and Bynum selections at 5 and 6 are going to be heavily influenced by homer votes one way or another. Everybody knew that anyway.

Let's move on.