PDA

View Full Version : Hornets trade Chandler

Patrick Swayze
07-27-2009, 06:14 PM
Unfortunately Tyson Chandler has been officially trade to Charlotte in exchange for Emeka Okafor.

I'm going to miss Tyson, but I am happy with this trade. Got a young guy with tons of potential.

Good trade New Orleans.

Vinny642
07-27-2009, 06:23 PM
Love the trade :D
I loved Tyson he cool but we needed a change and it is for the better !!!!!!!!!!!

BIGBREED
07-27-2009, 08:11 PM
YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

I LOVE THIS TRADE......YES!

EMEKA OKAFOR
-better defender
-better rebounder
-better low post player on offense
-better health as a player

WOW....great move Bower!

"HE IS THE GREATEST PLAYER EVER BUT AS A MANAGER, THAT MICHAEL JEFFERY JORDAN WILL MESS-UP A TEAM"

Patrick Swayze
07-27-2009, 08:51 PM
The hasn't been formally announced yet. No other players are expected to involved.

Ps- Sorry for pretty much posting a double thread. I somehow didn't see the other one when I posted this.

tland22
07-28-2009, 12:26 PM
this is just too good to be true! Im so excited, I do think this makes us better! We have 3 all stars on our team now! Okafor will make it this year playing with THE BEAST Chris Paul...

Masterful move by our front office! Yes! I LOVE IT! I been away at the Beach and got an update on my cell yesterday about this and I was going crazy....

I will miss Tyson, he does alot in the community and he is cool as hell...not to mention great friends with Chris Paul.... But this change is for the better

JDizzle
07-28-2009, 12:59 PM
this is great... def should try and sign guys like flip murray and joe smith to a couple of deals to be good role players off the bench

tland22
07-28-2009, 02:06 PM
^^^^ exactly! We still need a bench!

JustBlaze31
07-28-2009, 08:27 PM
Damn this was such a steal,, I might kinda miss those Paul to Chandler alley-oops though

Vinny642
07-28-2009, 09:18 PM
Damn this was such a steal,, I might kinda miss those Paul to Chandler alley-oops though

Hey know we can have CP to JuJu alley oops, even more exciting,

Bulls_fan90
07-28-2009, 09:37 PM
YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

I LOVE THIS TRADE......YES!

EMEKA OKAFOR
-better defender
-better rebounder
-better low post player on offense
-better health as a player

WOW....great move Bower!

"HE IS THE GREATEST PLAYER EVER BUT AS A MANAGER, THAT MICHAEL JEFFERY JORDAN WILL MESS-UP A TEAM"

He is pretty much an all round better player. Great deal :clap: Im just shocked Charlotte didnt push for a first round pick :confused:

JerseysFinest
07-28-2009, 11:13 PM
u guyz gotta steal

Patrick Swayze
07-28-2009, 11:27 PM
I can't believe the Bobcats did this deal. I would have thought they could get more out of Okafor.

Mckphins
07-29-2009, 02:58 AM
I think our bench is pretty descent, Now peja, posey, collison, and thornton, with armstrong there i think its pretty strong bench

tland22
07-29-2009, 03:26 PM
I think our bench is pretty descent, Now peja, posey, collison, and thornton, with armstrong there i think its pretty strong bench

apparently we got Ike Diogu now so our bench is officially solid! Great great pick up for us

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-29-2009, 09:21 PM
MJ is smokin some strong *** weed

ballpd05
07-29-2009, 11:18 PM
The trade is only better from a offensive perspective as far serious offensive threats are concerned. Okafor can score better than Chandler and is a better one on one defender.

Okafor won't be able to guard the pick and roll as well Chandler though because he isn't as mobile. Then when the Hornets play more mobile and perimeter big men Okafor won't do as well as Chandler there either. Chris Paul's alley oop game will be tougher as well as Okafor can't release as quickly and can't elevate as high and doesn't run the floor as well.

Not that I'm saying its a bad trade cuz the Hornets seriously needed an around the rim scoring threat too take the pressure off CP3 from being the only guy who can get to the rim by himself, but I'm just saying that it might not be the total steal that we think.

Plus cuz the Bobcats were smoking the same stuff the Hornets were when they signed Peja, Okafor has an atrocious contract. He is a solid player, but he isn't 14.5 million good. Hopefully CP3 can work his magic like he did with D West, Chandler, and Rasual Butler (mediocre to bad offensive players who CP3 got good to decent offensive production out of).

BIGBREED
07-30-2009, 12:18 AM
The trade is only better from a offensive perspective as far serious offensive threats are concerned. Okafor can score better than Chandler and is a better one on one defender.

Okafor won't be able to guard the pick and roll as well Chandler though because he isn't as mobile. Then when the Hornets play more mobile and perimeter big men Okafor won't do as well as Chandler there either. Chris Paul's alley oop game will be tougher as well as Okafor can't release as quickly and can't elevate as high and doesn't run the floor as well.

Not that I'm saying its a bad trade cuz the Hornets seriously needed an around the rim scoring threat too take the pressure off CP3 from being the only guy who can get to the rim by himself, but I'm just saying that it might not be the total steal that we think.

Plus cuz the Bobcats were smoking the same stuff the Hornets were when they signed Peja, Okafor has an atrocious contract. He is a solid player, but he isn't 14.5 million good. Hopefully CP3 can work his magic like he did with D West, Chandler, and Rasual Butler (mediocre to bad offensive players who CP3 got good to decent offensive production out of).

I disagree!
Tyson Chandler wasn't a good one-on-one defender, he was better at being a weak-side help defender. Go check the tapes, Tyson Chandler is a clumsy (1on1)defender and he too can't defend the pick and roll. CP3 would do a great job of going over the picks. Tyson's great asset on defense was being 7'1. but at 235lbs he would get pushed around in the paint. Also remember, Tyson Chandler stayed in foul trouble.

ITS A CALLED PLAY, ITS NOT THEIR OFFENSE
give that "ally-oop play" a break will you...its only two(2) points! We can run that play for JuJu....Hell, CP3 even ran that same play for Rasual Butler once! Trust me, its only two(2) pts. Tyson Chandler is a career 8pts and 8reb a game player. That alley-oop play never made him a double-double all-star center.

**The alley-oop is great to get the fans excited, but we're trying to win a championship here, not just excite the fans!

Denver-boy
07-30-2009, 03:56 AM
congrats u managed to get a hell of a player.... this is way better then the OKC Thunder Trade! u guys are going to be hard! it seems like everyone is getting better in the WEST but my Nugz :ohno: no matter what will still dominate:box:

ballpd05
07-30-2009, 08:16 AM
I meant Okafor is a better offensive player and a better one on one defender. It's just that Tyson can do a little bit more with his athleticism on the defensive side of the ball instead of just defending the paint.

ballpd05
07-30-2009, 09:15 AM
And the alley oop wasn't the play. The pick and roll was the play and it was what the hornets ran over and over and over cuz of all the options on it. You had to stop CP3 from getting where he was going, or the big man showed and if he did Tyson was quick enough to roll get off his feet and slam it down before the big man could get back, or you bring in someone else to help and give up an open jump shot. A healthy Chandler last year would've probably had us the 3 or 4 seed.

Okafor won't be able to roll as well and that could, not necessarily will but could, cause a little bit more of a problem in the pick and roll game.

Okafor is head and shoulders better than Tyson as far as offensive game and scoring is concerned so maybe he will make up for that in finally having someone who can draw fouls around the rim. And he can guard bigger and stronger post players better than Tyson could.

tland22
07-30-2009, 01:39 PM
^^^ i agree that a Healthy Chandler would have FOR CERTAIN put us at the 3 or 4 seed. We won 49 games, and Chandler only played in 45 of 82 games I believe.

Vinny642
07-30-2009, 06:27 PM
And we were 19-6 when totally healthy during the regular season

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-30-2009, 07:51 PM
good trade for New Orleans.