PDA

View Full Version : Okafor - Chandler swap (Merge with Existing)

proCHIsox
07-27-2009, 05:33 PM
The Hornets and Bobcats are in advanced discussions on a trade that would send center Tyson Chandler to Charlotte in exchange for fellow big man Emeka Okafor, according to NBA front-office sources.

It was not immediately known if the teams are ready to complete the swap -- or if the deal would expand to include other players or teams -- but sources close to the process said talks featuring Chandler and Okafor as the main components have been ongoing since late last week.

The Bobcats will be giving up the only starting center in franchise history for Chandler, who has been plagued by a left toe injury. Chandler played in only 32 games last season and a trade to Oklahoma City was rescinded because of concerns over the injury.

The deal comes less than a year after Okafor signed a six-year, $72 million deal with the Bobcats.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4359609

MJ-BULLS
07-27-2009, 05:37 PM
not a bad trade if the hornets can pull it off

abe_froman
07-27-2009, 05:38 PM
why would cha do this??

also if it goes down,i have to call b.s. on anyone who thinks we dont have the pieces to pull a trade like this(our pieces blow tyson out of the water)

Red222
07-27-2009, 05:41 PM
why would cha do this??

also if it goes down,i have to call b.s. on anyone who thinks we dont have the pieces to pull a trade like this(our pieces blow tyson out of the water)

tyrus and james for west deng for okafor

Kyben36
07-27-2009, 05:43 PM
why would cha do this??

Diaq would play PF, with Tyson ( finaly a true C ) down low. I like the move for Cha, not for NO, I mean, they get more talent, but I dont see them being able to compete with a 6"10 c.

abe_froman
07-27-2009, 05:47 PM
Diaq would play PF, with Tyson ( finaly a true C ) down low. I like the move for Cha, not for NO, I mean, they get more talent, but I dont see them being able to compete with a 6"10 c.

tyson played pf for us,so how is that being a "true" c?

...oh and how is tyson better than mek??

Rosh
07-27-2009, 05:50 PM
What does this have to do with us?

JordansBulls
why would cha do this??

Because Charlotte ain't going nowhere with Okafor and the Hornets aren't with Chandler.

KH12
This is a very good deal for New Orleans. Chandler is overrated, and Okafor will get the touches he deserves.