PDA

View Full Version : Great American Ballpark

Mell413
07-27-2009, 10:59 AM
I'm a Cubs fan and I am making the trip to Cincinnati to watch the monday and tuesday games next week. I got tickets in sec 431 and 428. I was just wondering if those were good seats? I went to seatdata.com and the seats look decent from what i can see. It's hard to complain when the tickets cost $22. Also what should I expect when I go to the park? It looks like a great stadium and I am looking forward to going next week. Also how is the food there? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

mr. red
07-28-2009, 12:36 AM
I'm a Cubs fan and I am making the trip to Cincinnati to watch the monday and tuesday games next week. I got tickets in sec 431 and 428. I was just wondering if those were good seats? I went to seatdata.com and the seats look decent from what i can see. It's hard to complain when the tickets cost $22. Also what should I expect when I go to the park? It looks like a great stadium and I am looking forward to going next week. Also how is the food there? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hey, alright..let me see if i can help..

I work with the Reds...I do event/operations management...

your seats are View Level box seats...they are not terrible...definitely try them out before you decide to move around. If you think they are too high, move down to the terrace level if it is not crowded...the ushers down there could careless if you sit there..just go down the first base line out in RF and find a seat.

Food there is pretty solid...ball park prices though...so be ready. I'd recommend getting Montgomery Inn (it is near the main gate on the terrace level)..it is a cincinnati classic.

Hope that helps.

agoody117
07-28-2009, 07:49 AM
its a great stadium with a good view -- depending on where you sit of the river or some of the city skyline.

beer is going to be 7dollar plus.

everytime therei s a reds homerun they shoot off fireworks. so thats kinda cool.

but take a walk around the whole stadium its pretty cool.

Kinsm
07-28-2009, 03:04 PM
Cincinnati food (that is good): Larosas pizza, skyline chili, montgomery inn, and Graeters ice cream. You can get the first three at a game, but way too expensive, depending on how long your in town....I'd advise just going to those restaurants. All are located within a few minutes of the ballpark, either at fountain square in downtown Cincinnati or across the river in Newport Kentucky.

Those games should not be sold out so you should be able to move down. I usually don't have a problem, just walk right by the usher, or pick a row without an usher and go down and find some empty seats....move over if the ticketholder shows up.

jlohm1
07-29-2009, 09:28 AM
they actually might sell out. cubs fans tend to fill it up.

Kinsm
07-29-2009, 06:10 PM
they actually might sell out. cubs fans tend to fill it up.

true, but typically not on a weekday.

mr. red
07-30-2009, 12:10 AM
I saw some projections today and there will be plenty of room for the Cubs series...so come on down!

Kinsm
07-30-2009, 03:28 AM
After that cubs series the Reds will not sell out again this season.....attendance will plummet.