PDA

View Full Version : Teams that could use Iverson next year?

JordansBulls
07-26-2009, 05:37 PM
I think the Knicks clearly could use him. They haven't had a star since Ewing/Larry Johnson/Allan Houston days.

Also I think the Hawks instead of resigning Bibby should have signed Iverson.
Charlotte could use him. Also Minnesota as well.

JustBlaze31
07-26-2009, 05:42 PM
I wouldnt mind him on my Knicks, but I think people are scared of Iverson being a cancer, Marbury part 2, etc

marlinsfan24
07-26-2009, 05:43 PM
I still think AI to Miami has a good shot to happen.

b_rad23
07-26-2009, 05:45 PM
Charlotte...

Sports Illustrator
07-26-2009, 05:46 PM
I wouldnt mind him on my Knicks, but I think people are scared of Iverson being a cancer, Marbury part 2, etc

Yea we definitely do not need another conflicted guy who is all about himself. The Knicks are looking at pass first Point Guards who will help make the rest of their teammates on the floor to be better players. That is why the Knicks have gone after Jason Kidd, Andre Miller and Ramon Sessions.

29$JerZ
07-26-2009, 05:48 PM
Iverson in NY? :pity:

Maybe a few years ago but now no.

La11
07-26-2009, 05:49 PM
if you want your season to be a waste and just want to sell tickets.. You know who to sign. He'll improve your younger players and teach them the ropes in the game and Practice

NYKnickFanatic
07-26-2009, 05:51 PM
I really want to see him in Memphis.

raptor fan
07-26-2009, 05:52 PM
i think he would be a good fit on the knicks on a one year contract. people would come to see iverson play, he would probably get the starting spot he wants, and it's on a short-term basis.

biggy
07-26-2009, 05:54 PM
come back to Philly

MSG34
07-26-2009, 05:56 PM
It's not a good idea to go after a guy who is way past his prime just b/c "we haven't had a star since the Ewing/LJ/H20 days"

MSG34
07-26-2009, 05:58 PM
i think he would be a good fit on the knicks on a one year contract. people would come to see iverson play, he would probably get the starting spot he wants, and it's on a short-term basis.

We don't need Iverson to bring people to MSG. People will always watch the Knicks.

ink
07-26-2009, 06:08 PM
I really want to see him in Memphis.

I think that's a good fit. With no disrespect to Iverson, he needs to be with a team that isn't really ready for the playoffs but has some good pieces. He's a veteran who will help them win some games and they will gain experience from that.

You don't want to introduce Iverson to a team that is either struggling to change cultures (Knicks) or on the verge of doing something in the post-season (Hawks). He'd just screw up any attempts at giving the Knicks a cohesive approach, and I have no idea whatsoever how people think he'd ever fit in D'Antoni's ball movement system.

Any team that hasn't established a team identity should beware of AI. Even teams WITH AN IDENTITY like the Pistons couldn't cope with him.

The only teams that should consider him are those that are not expecting to contend for a few years and need someone to sell tickets for a few years (Clippers, Grizzlies) and powerhouse teams that could withstand any confusion he might bring (Celtics, as we saw with Marbury, etc.).

lorenz00
07-26-2009, 06:10 PM
why not in lakers?

CELTICS4LYFE
07-26-2009, 06:11 PM
I would have to say char....makes the most sense

ink
07-26-2009, 06:12 PM
why not in lakers?

If they wanted him. He'd be fine there. Kobe would kick his *** around the block if he started screwing up the team in any way.

CELTICS4LYFE
07-26-2009, 06:23 PM
If they wanted him. He'd be fine there. Kobe would kick his *** around the block if he started screwing up the team in any way.

i doubt that....ai is more...."gangsta" if u wanna say than kobe

LE-SHAQ
07-26-2009, 06:33 PM
Ai is still an incredible talent I think he should take a one yeardeal in Miami and show everybody that he is a team player with alot left.

LT.CARDWISIE
07-26-2009, 06:53 PM
i want him in philly

PHILS_PHANxxx9
07-26-2009, 07:16 PM
^^^ im with ya
AI in philly again would be awesome

bigvdebo86
07-26-2009, 07:24 PM
i think ai should go to philly or miami with ai both them teams would be a contender in the EAST i think.How soon people forget that his last year with denver he avg 27ppg and 7apg and led them to 50 wins with an inj nene and inj kenyon martin

JVene
07-26-2009, 07:26 PM
He could play for the Connecticut Sun i hear they need a PG

xxxplicit69
07-26-2009, 07:26 PM
I think the Knicks clearly could use him. They haven't had a star since Ewing/Larry Johnson/Allan Houston days.

I rather see A.I. go to a team that he could help win a championship with. Sure teams like memphis, clipps, minnesota, charlotte have money to sign him but A.I. is past the point of get big pay days, he has just 5 yrs max where he can still play on a franchise level, and he's worked way too hard in his career to end up in any of those teams. Teams that I think would have or still could use A.I. are
1. I felt Orlando could have used him since their main weakness was not having a guard that could penitrate to the basket and kick out if necessary so those players in orlando could take uncontested 3s or get to the line more cuz of A.I.'s ability to get the paint, but since they got carter, he's not needed there.

2. Cleveland, to me they are still one more player away from solidifying their chances of winning a ring. mo' will is a perimeter player who is decent at ficilating the rock to other players, but cleveland needs a player that can score and the 2 and still be able to play point when mo' will is out, A.I. would be perfect in Cleveland and to me is their missing link. And for those that think A.I. is a ball hog, do me a favorite and name the rest of the starting 5 he took to the finals in '01 and just the players he played with in philly period. with players like james, shaq, and mo' will (players that can score and pass the ball well) A.I. wouldn't have to ball hog.

3. I think miami would also be a good fit cuz just imagine the tempo the heat would play with by having a.i. and wade in the backcourt, players that can kill you with the crossover and first step, get the basket at will and finish or get to the foul line. and they could maximize the rest of the talent in miami, all you would have to be capable of is running fast and jumping high cuz there would major fast break opportunities and lobbs since wade and a.i. each avg 2.0 or more steals a game.

4. Not that he could win a ring for this team, but I think he could be good in golden state because of all the athletes they have over their, to me the only thing they are missing is a good point guard, and i think a.i. would be a good point over there. the warriors made a horrible move in letting go of bd, but if they had a.i. it would make up for that loss cuz to me ellis is more of a 2guard then he is a point.:cool:

xxxplicit69
07-26-2009, 07:28 PM
i want him in philly

I didnt't think about philly, but that would be the fifth team he would be good with since they let go of andre miller. Lots of young athletic players for him to dish the ball to.

JWO35
07-26-2009, 07:30 PM
lol If Kobe & Iverson fought, Iverson would open a can of whoop *** on him....

Anyway, the best place for Iverson is Philly.

posterized
07-26-2009, 07:34 PM
is anybody else surprised that AI wasnt one of the first FA picked up this off season? And still not signed........

majmarcus
07-26-2009, 07:35 PM
ok for the last time, everyone say it with me on 3....1,2,3, NONE!!!!

JWO35
07-26-2009, 07:36 PM
is anybody else surprised that AI wasnt one of the first FA picked up this off season? And still not signed........

After his performance in Detroit...No I'm not surprise.

D-Will4Prez
07-26-2009, 07:37 PM
Teams that couldn't use AI:

Hornets
Jazz
Nugs
Bulls
Suns
Spurs
Mavs

Am I leaving any out?

ink
07-26-2009, 08:05 PM

Why would it be surprising after the way things went in Detroit? I would have been shocked if he WAS picked up quickly as a FA.

ink
07-26-2009, 08:08 PM
Teams that couldn't use AI:

Hornets
Jazz
Nugs
Bulls
Suns
Spurs
Mavs

Am I leaving any out?

Knicks
Raptors
Magic
Cavaliers
Wizards

OA SLAY
07-26-2009, 08:31 PM
ok for the last time, everyone say it with me on 3....1,2,3, NONE!!!!

:clap:Brilliant post:clap: you are a clever one! anyways its would be nice to see him finish his career in PHILA.

IversonIsKrazy
07-26-2009, 09:44 PM
Philly, Charlotte, Miami, or Indiana.

Philly: AI/Iggy/Thad/Brand/Dalembert

Charlotte: DJ/AI/G-Force/Diaw/Okafor

Miami: AI/Wade/Beasley/Haslem/JO

Indiana: TJ/AI/Granger/?/Murphy

So yea, Miami has bin mentioned a lot, as has Philly re-union, and Larry Brown re-union, but wut abt Indiana? TJ & AI, with Granger and a 3-point shooting C in Murphy with Dunleavy as 6th man, the team would fit pretty nice IMO.

KB---24
07-26-2009, 09:50 PM
haha maybe the celtics can use him lol they already look like they have bad chemistry and could use iverson and marbury to team up on the bench:cool:

ink
07-26-2009, 09:58 PM
Philly, Charlotte, Miami, or Indiana.

Philly: AI/Iggy/Thad/Brand/Dalembert

Charlotte: DJ/AI/G-Force/Diaw/Okafor

Miami: AI/Wade/Beasley/Haslem/JO

Indiana: TJ/AI/Granger/?/Murphy

So yea, Miami has bin mentioned a lot, as has Philly re-union, and Larry Brown re-union, but wut abt Indiana? TJ & AI, with Granger and a 3-point shooting C in Murphy with Dunleavy as 6th man, the team would fit pretty nice IMO.

OMG!! TJ (wannabe AI) and AI would be unbelievably bad.

IversonIsKrazy
07-27-2009, 01:40 AM
I guess so, the back-court would handle the ball waaayy too much! I guess Philly, Charlotte, and Miami are his best choices then.

I dont understand something... didnt Miami offer a 1yr $2M contract to AI, he hasnt accepted nor declined it though, doesnt it mean he can accept it anytime, or is it just some fake rumor i heard??

blastmasta26
07-27-2009, 01:47 AM
He should go to Charlotte for a year. He would be able to put up big numbers and maybe help them get to the playoffs. If he could do that, he could either take another big deal or take less money and try to get championships.

Sports Illustrator
07-27-2009, 08:21 AM
I would have to see that Allen Iverson is not a good fit for the Memphis Grizzlies, but Memphis Grizzlies is a good fit for him.

Memphis Grizzlies are trying to develop some of their young players into stars, and if you give the ball to Zach Randolph and Allen Iverson all the time, that won't happen. We need to understand that each time only gets one basketball to play with.

MSG34
07-27-2009, 09:32 AM
Knicks
Raptors
Magic
Cavaliers
Wizards

Cross the knicks out. The last thing we need is a guy who dominates the ball to take time and touches away from our young nucleus. It'd be worth it if he was in his prime but we're not going to make Chandler and Gallinari regress for an aging Iverson.

ttam68
07-27-2009, 09:36 AM
AI in New York would be hilarious.

Washed up Jalen Rose
Marbury saga
Washed up Stevie Franchise
QRich even got washed up there

Washed up AI fits perfectly

MSG34
07-27-2009, 09:42 AM
AI in New York would be hilarious.

Washed up Jalen Rose
Marbury saga
Washed up Stevie Franchise
QRich even got washed up there

Washed up AI fits perfectly

I think we're learning from our mistakes. We didn't go after Grant Hill or Jason Kidd or anything :crazy:

boogieman
07-27-2009, 09:47 AM

What about the self-proclaimed STAR-bury?

Lakergirl24
07-27-2009, 09:47 AM
Miami, NY, Charlotte, Chicago, Philadelphia, Minnesota, New Orleans, Indiana, Toronto, and New Jersey are all teams I think could use him.

3RDASYSTEM
07-27-2009, 09:50 AM
Hey couple quick questions for yall basketball xperts(im seriously joking)...how come if AI messed up DET team so bad that DUMARS fired CURRY cuz free agents said they would not come and play if he was still there(is that AI fault,hell no...) and got trade proposal rejected from BOSTON offering PRINCE/HAMILTON/STUCKEY for ALLEN/RONDO(is AI now the GM for PISTONS...no) so all you guys fell for the media hype....this dude is a yr removed from finishing 3rd in ppg(behind LEBRON/KOBE)...please lay off the pipe people...PRINCE/RIP literally cried when BILLUPS got traded and they literally quit on the coach/team so why would AI wanna keep playin for a team who quit on him basically and traded for his contract, if any of yall who played sports and was a SUPERSTAR/STAR type of player and a franchise/gm said we're only trading for your expiring contract to free up space and your not coming back,why in the hell would you want to play for that team,food for thought...i'll do the dishes

Lakergirl24
07-27-2009, 10:01 AM
I actually think New Orleans would be the best fit for him. He'd fit in the back court nicely next to Chris Paul.

LE-SHAQ
07-27-2009, 11:58 AM
I rather see A.I. go to a team that he could help win a championship with. Sure teams like memphis, clipps, minnesota, charlotte have money to sign him but A.I. is past the point of get big pay days, he has just 5 yrs max where he can still play on a franchise level, and he's worked way too hard in his career to end up in any of those teams. Teams that I think would have or still could use A.I. are
1. I felt Orlando could have used him since their main weakness was not having a guard that could penitrate to the basket and kick out if necessary so those players in orlando could take uncontested 3s or get to the line more cuz of A.I.'s ability to get the paint, but since they got carter, he's not needed there.

2. Cleveland, to me they are still one more player away from solidifying their chances of winning a ring. mo' will is a perimeter player who is decent at ficilating the rock to other players, but cleveland needs a player that can score and the 2 and still be able to play point when mo' will is out, A.I. would be perfect in Cleveland and to me is their missing link. And for those that think A.I. is a ball hog, do me a favorite and name the rest of the starting 5 he took to the finals in '01 and just the players he played with in philly period. with players like james, shaq, and mo' will (players that can score and pass the ball well) A.I. wouldn't have to ball hog.

3. I think miami would also be a good fit cuz just imagine the tempo the heat would play with by having a.i. and wade in the backcourt, players that can kill you with the crossover and first step, get the basket at will and finish or get to the foul line. and they could maximize the rest of the talent in miami, all you would have to be capable of is running fast and jumping high cuz there would major fast break opportunities and lobbs since wade and a.i. each avg 2.0 or more steals a game.

4. Not that he could win a ring for this team, but I think he could be good in golden state because of all the athletes they have over their, to me the only thing they are missing is a good point guard, and i think a.i. would be a good point over there. the warriors made a horrible move in letting go of bd, but if they had a.i. it would make up for that loss cuz to me ellis is more of a 2guard then he is a point.:cool:

interesting point you make about cleveland, I dont think they need another player. I agree that AI can play and not ball hog but on the cavs you only have so many shots, and they play half court bball. with Lebron, Shaq and Mo AI wouldnt get any shots. Maybe he could run the second team but I just dont think he fits, and you dont sit Mo after a break out season.plus he wants to start somewhere. For the money he would be great insurance if someone gets hurt.

ink
07-27-2009, 12:04 PM
Cross the knicks out. The last thing we need is a guy who dominates the ball to take time and touches away from our young nucleus. It'd be worth it if he was in his prime but we're not going to make Chandler and Gallinari regress for an aging Iverson.

Those were teams that didn't need Iverson.

mrblisterdundee
07-27-2009, 12:58 PM
I still think Iverson would have been a good fit in Portland. Jerryd Bayless and Iverson play the same way. It'd be nice to see Bayless learn from the best.

Kakaroach
07-27-2009, 01:05 PM
I could only see him on Charlotte or Memphis. Knicks are looking to play team basketball and he would mess up the Hawks horribly, that is a bad idea.

DerekRE_3
07-27-2009, 01:10 PM
I could only see him on Charlotte or Memphis. Knicks are looking to play team basketball and he would mess up the Hawks horribly, that is a bad idea.

As are the Bobcats...They had almost 7 players average double figures last year.

J_M_B
07-27-2009, 01:14 PM
Charlotte makes the most sense to me or even Memphis. Just keep him away from Miami

8double8
07-27-2009, 01:40 PM
i think bobcats can use an A.I. type of player to their team. they are a pretty good defensive team but what they lack is an offensive fire power. we all know that even at this age, A.I. can bring about 20 pts on any given night. besides, they get a go to guy who can definitely help them win wen the games on the line. so short contract or long contract, i think A.I. is the answer that the bobcats need.

boogieman
07-27-2009, 02:13 PM
the Knicks! :speechless:

naztrack
07-27-2009, 02:20 PM
grizzlie bears.....thats all i see for him

Ebbs
07-27-2009, 02:30 PM
dallas could use his scoring touch

Storch
07-27-2009, 02:34 PM
76ers

haircanada
07-27-2009, 03:29 PM
my aau basketball team aaha

Reddd
07-27-2009, 05:09 PM
It would be nice if he'd go back to Philly, but don't the Bulls need a 2guard?

mason c
07-27-2009, 05:18 PM
1.Memphis
2.Charlotte
3.Clippers
4.Miami
5.Totonto

S.J.Basketball
07-27-2009, 05:39 PM
AI on the difficulties of being a free agent:

We talkin' to the Clippers, man. The Clippers. We talkin' to the Clippers. Not a real team. Not a contender. Not a squad I'd actually want to play for. The Clippers. We talkin' to the Clippers, man. The Clippers. I mean, how silly is that? We talkin' to the Clippers.

a_igoudala769
07-27-2009, 08:17 PM
76ers

PG-Lou Williams
SG-Allen Iverson
SF-Andre Igoudala
PF-Elton Brand
C-Sammy Dalembert =(

JordansBulls
07-29-2009, 12:15 AM
76ers

PG-Lou Williams
SG-Allen Iverson
SF-Andre Igoudala
PF-Elton Brand
C-Sammy Dalembert =(

Considering Miller left the Sixers should try that lineup.

pd7631
07-29-2009, 12:24 AM
76ers

PG-Lou Williams
SG-Allen Iverson
SF-Andre Igoudala
PF-Elton Brand
C-Sammy Dalembert =(

If AI came back the lineup should be....

PG-Allen Iverson
SG-Andre Iguodala
SF-Thaddeus Young
PF-Elton Brand
C-Samuel Dalembert
------------------
BN-Lou Williams
BN-Mareese Speights
BN-Jason Kapono
BN-Jrue Holiday
BN-Jason Smith
BN-Willie Green
BN-Veteran BIG
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I don't know how the prospects of putting that lineup on the court isn't enough for the Sixers FO to make a call to AI. That team could be a serious darkhorse contender.

Note: Wille Green would move to the end of the bench.......he was the team's starting 2 guard last year!!

Patriots
07-29-2009, 12:39 AM
76ers

ccrider9
07-29-2009, 12:53 AM
I.m telling you, this is where he belongs and if they are lucky enough or smart enough to get him back, I'll bet we be right in the thick of the pack for a title shot. With him back there will be energy on the team and the energy the the fans will bring back to the forum would be something to deal with. LIKE NIKE, JUST DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!::clap:

SeoulBeatz
07-29-2009, 12:56 AM
Sixers:

PG: Allen Iverson: 27.1 ppg for his career (3rd highest average in NBA History behind wilt and mj)
SG: Andre Iguodala: 21.5 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 6.7 apg in 2009 playoffs. 18.9, 5.3, 5.4 apg in regular season.
SF: Thaddeus Young: 23.5 ppg, 7.3 rpg in last 25 games of 2009 season.
PF: Elton Brand: 20.3 ppg, 9.8 rpg, 1.8 bpg for his career.
C: Samuel Dalembert: dumb as bricks, but averaged 10.5 ppg, 10.3 rpg, 2.3 bpg in 2008.

Bench:

Jason Kapono: Tied for the highest 3pt fg% in NBA history.
Jrue Holiday: 2008 #1 High School Prospect in U.S
Lou Williams: 2005 #1 High School Prospect in U.S
Marreese Speights: Athletic PF who can shoot out to midrange, has Rasheed Wallace Potential.
Jason Smith: Coming back from ACL Injury but another athletic big who can stretch the floor.

mixtape of the Sixers young players (we have the most athletic team in the NBA, trust me)
http://video.yahoo.com/watch/5456448/14360987

and throw in A.I....
http://video.yahoo.com/watch/4569385/12234685

and Iggy is going to be an allstar next year...
http://video.yahoo.com/watch/4761526/12714124

this team is full of potential... would we be contenders with A.I? prob not, but we could be a darkhorse if our young talent keeps progressing the way it should and E.B comes back healthy....

That is all.

ccrider9
07-29-2009, 01:09 AM
It would be electricfying if they bring AI back. If you really look at where he's been and what he's done and quit blamming him for Detriot ( COACH & MAN. ) down fall and when he left Denver they was winning and we would never know how it would have turned out. Be honest look at the coach we had in Philly and the players when he left, I like Cheeks but he's no Coach. Thats our team, he almost won it without that much help on our team before but now that we have some legit players, this could really be it. I still think when we traded for Motumbo that year it slow us down considerbaly. Hate him if you want, but just look back and really think about all that happen.

IversonIsKrazy
07-29-2009, 01:23 AM
Imagine if Nugz took a risk on him and sign him for $2M.

PG: Billups/Lawson
SG: AI/JR
SF: Melo/Kleiza
PF: K-Mart/?
C: Nene/Birdman

But thas nvr gunna happen, so im hoping for a 76ers reunion. And this is would they can avg.

PG: AI (20/7)
SG: Iggy (19/6)
SF: Thad (15/7)
PF: Brand (15/9)
C: Dalembert (10/12)

PG: Lou Williams (8ppg)
SG: Jrue Holiday (6ppg)
SF: Jason Kapono (5ppg)
PF: Speights (6ppg, 5rpg)
C: ??

LA_Raiders
07-29-2009, 01:36 AM
Lakers...

AI
Kobe
Artest
Gasol
Bynum

Oh ****....

posner08
07-29-2009, 01:44 AM
OH KAY SEE. It would ruin their core, but I would love to see:
C- Collison
PF- Green
SF- Durant
SG- Westbrook
PG- Iverson

with Harden coming off the bench

SeoulBeatz
07-29-2009, 02:41 AM
OH KAY SEE. It would ruin their core, but I would love to see:
C- Collison
PF- Green
SF- Durant
SG- Westbrook
PG- Iverson

with Harden coming off the bench

okc has no need for iverson. harden is ready to start NOW

BRICKCITYPIMP12
07-29-2009, 02:51 AM
i like the thought of him in miami...

a.i.
wade
odom
boozer
o neal

i like it..haha

B.JenningsMVP
07-29-2009, 02:55 AM
Charlotte would be best fit IMO

~ShOrTy~
07-29-2009, 02:55 AM
Exactly, Thunder have a great core. And they are growing up all together.

Pg:Westbrook
Sg:Harden
Sf:Durant
Pf:Green
C:Krstic

no need for A.I. there....

i say Lakers
Kobe,A.I.,Artest,Gasol,Bynum = WOW!!!!

kombayn
07-29-2009, 07:06 AM
1.) New York Knicks - Really think this is the best fit for him on a 1-year deal. Especially if the Knicks land Ramon Sessions.

2.) Dallas Mavericks - They need a starting SG and I think A.I. would be a nice addition to the team.

3.) Charlotte Bobcats - It makes perfect sense but I doubt it'll happen.

4.) Philadelphia 76ers - With a void at PG & SG, A.I. would make sense on a 1-year deal.

5.) Golden State Warriors - Don't have a starting SG, I think A.I. could fit pretty well with this team.

6.) San Antonio Spurs - Don't techically have a starting SG (Manu comes off the bench), I think he'd be a solid addition to the team.

7.) Denver Nuggets - It would be an upgrade at SG and Karl only has had good things to say about Allen Iverson.

8.) Toronto Raptors - They need a starting SG.

9.) Orlando Magic - Don't really have a starting SG but I don't think they would take on A.I.

10.) Miami Heat - Only makes sense for them if the Heat sign Odom and trade for Boozer.

BkOriginalOne
07-29-2009, 07:49 AM
Knicks. Bobcats. Heat. Jazz. Hornets.
Or... he can go be relief for the Celtics or Spurs.

khalil72
07-29-2009, 08:22 AM
I still think AI to Miami has a good shot to happen.

CO-SIGN!:clap:

TheGreenMonster
07-29-2009, 08:22 AM
Bring A.I. To NJ. The nets would start him, and that would be the seasoned vet these young guys need. Even if he is a head case. I like it, people would go to games with a star like A.I. in the building.