PDA

View Full Version : What if Vince Carter wins a championship with the Magic?

King P
07-26-2009, 03:28 PM
Can we put him in the same category with the legends of the game? All the time, i hear people say "VC is just a great dunker, he has nothing else to show for his career, he isn't in the same league as MJ, Kobe, Wade, Lebron, Bird, Drexler,etc"

If he wins a championship, you have to put him on the level of those guys. Lebron doesnt even have a championship for crying out loud. And don't try to say "VC will win, but because he's with Dwight Howard". Kobe played with Shaq & Gasol, MJ played with Pippen & Rodman, Clyde played with Hakeem, Wade played with Shaq. My point is no matter how good you are, you need good/great players to complement you.

So if Carter wins a championship, can we put him on the same level as the players I mentioned above?

itsripcity32
07-26-2009, 03:35 PM
o wow! 1 championship! congrats!

DCB/LAL
07-26-2009, 03:36 PM
Can we put him in the same category with the legends of the game? All the time, i hear people say "VC is just a great dunker, he has nothing else to show for his career, he isn't in the same league as MJ, Kobe, Wade, Lebron, Bird, Drexler,etc"

If he wins a championship, you have to put him on the level of those guys. Lebron doesnt even have a championship for crying out loud. And don't try to say "VC will win, but because he's with Dwight Howard". Kobe played with Shaq & Gasol, MJ played with Pippen & Rodman, Clyde played with Hakeem, Wade played with Shaq. My point is no matter how good you are, you need good/great players to complement you.

So if Carter wins a championship, can we put him on the same level as the players I mentioned above?

Ummm....weren't they just in the Finals without him??? Doesn't Orlando have 4 all-stars and a very strong bench with Barnes, Pietrus, Gortat is pretty solid as well Idk Carter is good but idk about an all-time great?? Oh and 4 all-stars are Nelson, Carter, Lewis, and Howard but then agains same could be said about the Celtics having the Big 3 i guess so IDK??:shrug:

NYtilIdie
07-26-2009, 03:37 PM
o wow! 1 championship! congrats!

It doesn't matter how many rings you win as long as you get one thats all that matters.

MTar786
07-26-2009, 03:38 PM
if vince carter wins it this year.. especially considering the amount of competition then

Vince Carter = Clyde drexler

But NEVER EVER in the same league as kobe, jordan, bird, magic
not even the lebrons and wades

TannerOwnsDevin
07-26-2009, 03:38 PM
depends how much of an impact he brings for orlando if they win the title.

Theanswer76
07-26-2009, 03:39 PM
It doesn't matter how many rings you win as long as you get one thats all that matters.

agreed.

King P
07-26-2009, 03:40 PM
Ummm....weren't they just in the Finals without him??? Doesn't Orlando have 4 all-stars and a very strong bench with Barnes, Pietrus, Gortat is pretty solid as well Idk Carter is good but idk about an all-time great??
Jordan had Pippen, Kukok, Rodman, Kerr, Horace, etc
Kobe had/has Fisher, Shaq, Gasol, Bynum, Odom, Horry, Fox
every great player needs a good team around him

NYtilIdie
Carter is a solid player, but putting him in the same league as Jordan,Bird,Magic etc. is stretching it alot

MTar786
drexler never own anything.. he was a dunker, good scorer.. basically a VC. his carer got boring.. like VC's.. then got traded to housotn JUST LIKE wat just happened with carter.. A stacked team too.. like the magic.. (except hakeem would wipe the floor with howard)
drexler and vcs careers would basically be the same if vc wins this year

King P
07-26-2009, 03:42 PM
if vince carter wins it this year.. especially considering the amount of competition then

why not?
what can those guys do, that Vince can't?
and his numbers are good too
and every uses the fact the Kobe has rings and Lebron doesnt as a reason to why Kobe is better
So if Vince gets a ring, wont that mean he would be on Lebron's level?

itsripcity32
07-26-2009, 03:44 PM
Carter is a solid player, but putting him in the same league as Jordan,Bird,Magic etc. is stretching it alot

that was my point.

MTar786

lol u should get banned for sayin rick fox and robert horry lol.
horry was clutch. 3 mins out of the game he was important.. the other 45 mins he was terrible.
Fox was just an ok defender and a FILLER at the 3. 2001-2003 lakers had basically NO ONE but shaq and kobe. the only laker teams that were stacked was the 2000 lakers and the 04 lakers. Now this years lakers if odom comes back

itsripcity32
vince carter is old. who cares

Missing56&33
07-26-2009, 03:45 PM
VC deserves a championship, this is why I love the move by the Magic and confused by the non move of the spurs last year, had they got Vince they would have been playing in the west final vs the lakers. I agree once he wins a title he will be in the company of the greats ...its the only thing holding him back.

GREATNESS ONE
07-26-2009, 03:47 PM
why not?
and every uses the fact the Kobe has rings and Lebron doesnt as a reason to why Kobe is better

I don't know if you have a man crush on Vince or not.

I will say this if he wins back to back titles then yes he will be there but other than that I gotta say No.

1 Title is a big deal but would you really say he's Better than

Karl Malone, Charles Barkley, Patrick Ewing, John Stockton, Gary Payton etc etc

MTar786
07-26-2009, 03:48 PM
why not?

ok here a few things they ALL have in common that makes them better than carter...
They ALL have better Defense.. theyre all better scorers.. they all have more basketball iq.. they all make better decisions.. can pass better.. all make their team much better. thats all i can think of.. just off the top of my head

DCB/LAL

Have you seen the team Orlando has???!!! That bench could be a starting unit for a Weak Team!! Which is good!! 4 all-stars in the starting line-up with maybe Bass?? Who is not an all-star but a solid player?? Please he'll have completly take over games for me to believe he belongs in the same catagory as the MJ, Magic, Bird, Kobe and any of those players and even if he did take over it still wouldn't convince me put Lebron, Wade or Kobe with that Magic team and take out VC and i am more than sure they would be the hands down FAVORITES to win it all without question with VC they are just one of the favorites and theres a reason for that too it because VC is not in the same leagues as those players!!

IversonIsKrazy
At the highest, I'd put VC in the same as Clyde Drexler.

Naptownz_Finest
07-26-2009, 03:50 PM
why not?

King P.....you must like Vince Carter a lot and that is not a bad thing. I like Vince Carter a lot too.....but think about it....VC is not on the same level as Lebron or Kobe. Even if he wins a ring or not.....VC wouldn't be able to take a team like Cleveland to the Eastern Conference finals.

rapswin98
07-26-2009, 03:53 PM

not even the lebrons and wadesI agree. I would hate to see Carter winning a championship. Now he's going to do what always wanted to do, which is to not try hard and still win.

Life'sABrees
07-26-2009, 04:10 PM
Tell me when Kobe, Lebron, MJ, Wade, Bird or Magic absolutely quit on a team out of frustration... Whether or not VC wins a championship I will and everyone should always see him for what he is, a quitter

Life'sABrees
07-26-2009, 04:12 PM
Also all the players you mention were the centerpiece of their franchises for many years... They didn't come to stacked teams late in their career to try and win a championship... Great role players came to them to try and win championships

OC Knights #11
07-26-2009, 04:30 PM
Vince was and is still a good player. I think he needs to win a championship or two to be regarded as one of the best in his era. But i do not think he will win championships with the Magic, to many shooters on that team.

JordansBulls
07-26-2009, 04:47 PM

How is he Clyde Drexler when Drexler led his team to the finals twice as the hands down best player on the team?

DCB/LAL
07-26-2009, 04:50 PM
If you put VC in there then you believe RJ should be in the all-time greats if he wins with SA???

carter15
07-26-2009, 04:53 PM
i love VC but no...just winning doesnt put u up there with guys lik MJ, magic, bird, etc...it will elevate his career alot though just not that^ much.

Kyle N.
07-26-2009, 05:24 PM
You guys are skewing what the title of "winning a championship" does. VC is a good player, but the guys like Kobe, LeBron, Jordan, ect could make bad teams good. VC could not make a bad team good. He can make a team like the Magic better, possibly good enough to win a championship next year, but it still doesn't put him on the other guy's level just cause he got a ring. If Kobe, LeBron, Jordan were always eternally banished to the worst teams in the league and never won a championship and VC did, they would still be better than him.

vash9
07-26-2009, 06:06 PM
I'd say the same. That's a bit stretching it, but hey, 1 championship title is great enough.

Hawkeye15
07-26-2009, 06:14 PM
absoutely not. Vince, when younger, said outlandish crap, admitted to not playing hard, took games off, acted like a baby, and was not a guy who ever played defense. Now, as he has matured, he has gotten better, stayed healthy, etc. But, he still goes down as a huge waste of physical talent in my book. He should never be mentioned with MJ, Kobe, Drexler, LeBron, etc. Never.

lorenz00
07-26-2009, 06:23 PM
we hate him here in toronto.. lol so random

theuuord
07-26-2009, 06:28 PM
lol @ the hatred Carter gets for having the worst front office in recent NBA history surround him with garbage for five years.

Seriously.

If Jordan had the type of "talent" (and that's a loose interpretation of that word) surrounding him that Carter had, he wouldn't have won anything either.

rapswin98
07-26-2009, 06:35 PM
lol @ the hatred Carter gets for having the worst front office in recent NBA history surround him with garbage for five years.

Seriously.

If Jordan had the type of "talent" (and that's a loose interpretation of that word) surrounding him that Carter had, he wouldn't have won anything either. At least Jordan would have played his *** off every game and not take days off.

DCB/LAL
07-26-2009, 06:35 PM
Seriously.

If Jordan had the type of "talent" (and that's a loose interpretation of that word) surrounding him that Carter had, he wouldn't have won anything either.

Yeah a hall of fame PG in Kidd who was in his prime and RJ he was surrounded by 2 all-stars and Kenyon Martin who is a solid player yeah MJ might of won a title or a few with that talent or atleast made them serious contender!!:D

theuuord
07-26-2009, 06:40 PM
Yeah a hall of fame PG in Kidd who was in his prime and RJ he was surrounded by 2 all-stars and Kenyon Martin who is a solid player yeah MJ might of won a title or a few with that talent or atleast made them serious contender!!:D

I was talking about the Raptors.

theuuord
07-26-2009, 06:42 PM
At least Jordan would have played his *** off every game and not take days off.

Carter did play his butt off for the first four years until he realized the Raptors were going absolutely nowhere and had no interest in winning games.

I see no reason for a player to show loyalty to a team who has no interest in being loyal to him as a player.

Ask any Nets fan, player, front office exec, or Lawrence Frank how hard Carter played this year and you'll get the same answer. He played as hard this year as he ever had, and now he's rewarded with the chance to win a championship.

I hope he does it, too. He deserves one, for all the crap he gets.

DCB/LAL
07-26-2009, 06:43 PM
I was talking about the Raptors.

Hmm....you said 5 years he was with NJ for 5 years not the Raptors he was with Raptors for 7 i believe so how were you talking about the Raptors??

theuuord
07-26-2009, 06:46 PM
Hmm....you said 5 years he was with NJ for 5 years not the Raptors he was with Raptors for 7 i believe so how were you talking about the Raptors??

I was off by two years. Whatever. That's not the issue.

DCB/LAL
07-26-2009, 06:50 PM
I was off by two years. Whatever. That's not the issue.

Well even if you were talking about the Raptors when he was given the chance and traded to NJ and was surrounded with all-star caliber players and one of the best PG in Kidd he STILL didn't do anthing or deliver any championships so doesn't matter which one your talking about still had the chance and didn't do it!!

faridk89
07-26-2009, 07:00 PM
i love how the guy who starts this thread makes lebron seem worse then carter....carter was good at his prime and now he's a good player playing on a really good team...its like saying the bench players on the lakers are better then lebron because they won a championship, your comparisons dont make any sense....

and of course your all about the ifs arnt you...

theuuord
07-26-2009, 07:00 PM
Well even if you were talking about the Raptors when he was given the chance and traded to NJ and was surrounded with all-star caliber players and one of the best PG in Kidd he STILL didn't do anthing or deliver any championships so doesn't matter which one your talking about still had the chance and didn't do it!!

It does matter which, because Toronto gave him no chance.
He did absolutely everything he could to try to give that team some respectability, and they reward him by trading away his all-star cousin and making Antonio Davis the second option.
Yeah, real good championship building there.

NJ was never going to beat the championship-caliber teams of the time with the complete lack of a dominating big man presence. Jason Collins, Mikki Moore, Josh Boone, and 39-year-old-plus Clifford Robinson weren't bringing any rings home.
The teams that beat them - the Cavs, the Heat a couple years - were all better overall teams with a much stronger post presence (and those LeBron and Wade guys).

You need the inside game to win a championship, and Carter is finally getting it for the first time in his career.
That's why I hope he wins one, so people will finally shut up about him not being a "winner" or whatever the hell they use to discredit him.

(Carter also never played with Kenyon Martin, despite your claim earlier.)

DCB/LAL
07-26-2009, 07:06 PM
It does matter which, because Toronto gave him no chance.
He did absolutely everything he could to try to give that team some respectability, and they reward him by trading away his all-star cousin and making Antonio Davis the second option.
Yeah, real good championship building there.

NJ was never going to beat the championship-caliber teams of the time with the complete lack of a dominating big man presence. Jason Collins, Mikki Moore, Josh Boone, and 39-year-old-plus Clifford Robinson weren't bringing any rings home.
The teams that beat them - the Cavs, the Heat a couple years - were all better overall teams with a much stronger post presence (and those LeBron and Wade guys).

You need the inside game to win a championship, and Carter is finally getting it for the first time in his career.
That's why I hope he wins one, so people will finally shut up about him not being a "winner" or whatever the hell they use to discredit him.

(Carter also never played with Kenyon Martin, despite your claim earlier.)

If he didn't then Kenyon must of left the year before i dont wanna look it up either way Martin or not he was givin talented players and had you put a Lebron or a Kobe or Wade on the teams he had or even More so MJ as you stated they probably would of won a championship he was surrounded with the talent just didn't escalate his team over the top to win it where as those players i mentioned would of IMO!

TannerOwnsDevin
07-26-2009, 07:07 PM
If he didn't then Kenyon must of left the year before i dont wanna look it up either way Martin or not he was givin talented players and had you put a Lebron or a Kobe or Wade on the teams he had or even More so MJ as you stated they probably would of won a championship he was surrounded with the talent just didn't escalate his team over the top to win it where as those players i mentioned would of IMO!

:confused:

rapswin98
07-26-2009, 07:09 PM
Carter did play his butt off for the first four years until he realized the Raptors were going absolutely nowhere and had no interest in winning games.

I see no reason for a player to show loyalty to a team who has no interest in being loyal to him as a player.

Ask any Nets fan, player, front office exec, or Lawrence Frank how hard Carter played this year and you'll get the same answer. He played as hard this year as he ever had, and now he's rewarded with the chance to win a championship.

I hope he does it, too. He deserves one, for all the crap he gets.I understand that the Raptors didnt surround him with best players, and he did also put Toronto on the map even though the team was medicore, but fact that he didnt show up didnt show up in some games because of this especially with all that talent, doesnt make him as great as MJ, Magic, Bird, Kobe, etc.

If Carter played hard this year why didnt he play as hard when he had RJ and Kidd with him, they would have accomplished more if he did.

juggla53
07-26-2009, 07:11 PM
If he helps then win a championship then its just iceing on a very good career however the team wont be built around him if they do win one and thats a big thing that seperates him from magic, bird, Mj, Kobe etc... and also the fact that there was a good chunk of his career where he was pretty much errelavant because he was always hurt. but like i said hes still a good player and winning a championship won only enhance his credentials

theuuord
07-26-2009, 07:19 PM
I understand that the Raptors didnt surround him with best players, and he did also put Toronto on the map even though the team was medicore, but fact that he didnt show up didnt show up in some games because of this especially with all that talent, doesnt make him as great as MJ, Magic, Bird, Kobe, etc.

If Carter played hard this year why didnt he play as hard when he had RJ and Kidd with him, they would have accomplished more if he did.

He did play that hard. People just mistake making things look effortless with being lazy. That's what Carter does. He makes the game look effortless. The difference is that the team as a whole was not championship-caliber because of the lack of a great big man.

He's not as good as MJ/Magic/Bird/Kobe because he's not as talented as them. He's still a Hall-of-Fame caliber player, but he's certainly not in the top 20 of all time like those four are.

He didn't show up because his team - the front office - didn't show up at all. They were an embarrassment to winning basketball over the course of those *seven* years. I would have wanted out, too.

theuuord
07-26-2009, 07:28 PM

please speak clearer english. thanks.

posterized
07-26-2009, 07:28 PM

Completely agree! I am a Toronto fan, and watching him play the last 2 seasons in a raptors uniform (in my eyes) really stained his career. But that aside VC is a solid player. but def not in the same league as Jordan or Kobe...Wont but Bron Brons name up there yet....to early:smoking:

DCB/LAL
07-26-2009, 07:32 PM
please speak clearer english. thanks.

Fine Vince Carter has never made a Good Team A Great Team is that better?? Lebron Wade and Kobe Have although Lebron hasn't won anything the guy carried his team to the finals and to the ECF last year by himself pretty much!!

xwashableclothx
07-26-2009, 07:32 PM
[QUOTE=King P;10287606]Can we put him in the same category with the legends of the game? All the time, i hear people say "VC is just a great dunker, he has nothing else to show for his career, he isn't in the same league as MJ, Kobe, Wade, Lebron, Bird, Drexler,etc"
QUOTE]

umm why are Wade and Lebron in the same sentance as Kobe, Jordan, and Bird??? Kobe, Jordan, Bird have earned there spots, maybe eventually they will be there but as of right now they definatley are not on the same level as the legends

and no to VC, wtf has he done?? so your telling me cause hes a 20 point scorer hes a legend? by your standards if Michael Redd wins a title then he is a legend to? hes done just as much as Vince Carter

rapswin98
07-26-2009, 07:34 PM
Fine Vince Carter has never made a Good Team A Great Team is that better?? Lebron Wade and Kobe Have although Lebron hasn't won anything the guy carried his team to the finals and to the ECF last year by himself pretty much!!:nod:

rifleman
07-26-2009, 07:47 PM
vince carter is a super star no matter what. he will definetely lead orlando to the championship.. all the critics can continue talking..i dont think he gives a rats asss wat people think about him

rifleman
07-26-2009, 07:58 PM
its time for u toronto people to get over this. i can tell u all really misses vince but he will continue to burn u all everytime. this year he will be raising the championship ring. vince is a great player makes everyone around him better

OA SLAY
07-26-2009, 08:42 PM
why is this important? Just let him be Vince Carter and take his career fo what its worth...and by the way if you are so concerned Clyde should never be mention with Jordan, Bird and Kobe.

st3voness
07-26-2009, 08:44 PM
Orlando will not even make it to the NBA Finals this year.

theuuord
07-26-2009, 09:01 PM
Fine Vince Carter has never made a Good Team A Great Team is that better?? Lebron Wade and Kobe Have although Lebron hasn't won anything the guy carried his team to the finals and to the ECF last year by himself pretty much!!

First of all, what's up with this straw man argument? why are you arguing that he's not as good as LBJ/Wade/Kobe? No one is disagreeing with you. Those are three of the best four players in the game. It's not an insult to say he's not as good as LeBron James.

Vince Carter took what would have likely otherwise been a 20-win team to game 7 of the East Semifinals. He has a standard of excellence that he has proven time and time again. He's not the best player in the league - and no one is saying that, so again, not sure why you're trying to make this point so strongly - but he is a great player in his own right who has been victimized by horrible front office decisions his entire career (less bad with the Nets, but still - Jason Collins as a starter for so long wasn't winning any championships).

ctitus45
07-26-2009, 09:31 PM

VC won't be a hall of famer with just one ring. we will always say "man, what an amazing talent. what an athlete. it was good to see him get one. but he never got on that MJ/Kobe/LeBron level."

theuuord
07-26-2009, 09:35 PM
VC won't be a hall of famer with just one ring. we will always say "man, what an amazing talent. what an athlete. it was good to see him get one. but he never got on that MJ/Kobe/LeBron level."

People were locking in Pierce for their ballots the day he won a championship, even though the only reason he got it was because of the off-season additions. I don't see why the same treatment wouldn't go for Carter.

DCB/LAL
07-26-2009, 09:42 PM

First of all, what's up with this straw man argument? why are you arguing that he's not as good as LBJ/Wade/Kobe? No one is disagreeing with you. Those are three of the best four players in the game. It's not an insult to say he's not as good as LeBron James.

Vince Carter took what would have likely otherwise been a 20-win team to game 7 of the East Semifinals. He has a standard of excellence that he has proven time and time again. He's not the best player in the league - and no one is saying that, so again, not sure why you're trying to make this point so strongly - but he is a great player in his own right who has been victimized by horrible front office decisions his entire career (less bad with the Nets, but still - Jason Collins as a starter for so long wasn't winning any championships).

Ok im sorry Please read all the Bolded parts maybe i was the one confused here????? Was this thread not about putting Vince Carter in the "Same Level" as those players????

theuuord
07-26-2009, 09:45 PM
Ok im sorry Please read all the Bolded parts maybe i was the one confused here????? Was this thread not about putting Vince Carter in the "Same League" as those players????

putting him in the category of great players isn't equivalent to saying he's as good as, say, MJ individually.

I don't think the OP (or anyone with a brain) would say that Carter is as good as MJ, or LeBron/Wade/Kobe for that matter, so again, who are you arguing with?

I also suggest you read the parts of my post you didn't bold...

Sandman
07-26-2009, 09:46 PM
All great players write their legends in the playoffs.

Carter hasn't had a chance to.

take that at what you will.

theuuord
07-26-2009, 09:49 PM
All great players write their legends in the playoffs.

Carter hasn't had a chance to.

take that at what you will.

He wrote a small one in 2001, when he took a group of literal nobodies to the brink of reaching the EC finals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_ma-03aeIE

But I agree, he has much more left to accomplish.

Sandman
07-26-2009, 09:52 PM
Good to see him raining 3s.

Came to the right place. :)

Evolution23
07-26-2009, 09:56 PM
No way I always felt carter overrated IMO.

DCB/LAL
07-26-2009, 10:02 PM
putting him in the category of great players isn't equivalent to saying he's as good as, say, MJ individually.

I don't think the OP (or anyone with a brain) would say that Carter is as good as MJ, or LeBron/Wade/Kobe for that matter, so again, who are you arguing with?

I also suggest you read the parts of my post you didn't bold...

My question to you is how can you ut him on the same level as those guys when he's not even the most important player on the team all those guys have been or are currently the "main guy" on their team Kobe may not of been the main guy when Shaq was their but Kobe made the Lakers a great team with Shaq cause Shaq by himself probably doesn't win 3 championships Carter on the other doesn't do that he does not make a good team great and him winning a title doesn't put him in the "same level" as these players. How can you give the guy enough credit(if they win the chamionship) when he wont even be the main guy on the Magic team a team mind you that made the Finals without him??? Its nonsense!!

BkOriginalOne
07-26-2009, 10:08 PM
Stern WIll cry

RaiderLakersA's
07-26-2009, 10:11 PM
Can we put him in the same category with the legends of the game?

With some of the greats of the game maybe. But legend? Read on...

All the time, i hear people say "VC... isn't in the same league as MJ, Kobe, Wade, Lebron, Bird, Drexler,etc. If he wins a championship, you have to put him on the level of those guys.

No, one title will not put Vince "on the same level." Sorry.

First, let me point out that you've grossly misidentified who the legends are. MJ, Bird, Drexler, and Kobe (if he were to retire today) are the only ones that qualify as legends. Wade may get there when it's all said and done, but right now, he's on the outside looking in. LeBron isn't even in the discussion at this moment in time. When his career ends, if he gets a few more plumes in his cap, then he'll be there as well. But he's not in the discussion as of right now.

Now as for Vince, if he gets a title, I think he does qualify as one of the most gifted individual players to play the game. But to me a legend is one step above a great player. A title will confirm Vince's status as one of the greats.

But a legend? No.

Think about it this way: if all of the great players, living and dead, were to vote, we know they'd put MJ, Bird, etc., in the "legend" category. But would they put Vince there? I think not.

WoodbridgeSkins
07-26-2009, 10:18 PM
Never, he is a great skilled player, but not a TEAM player.

WoodbridgeSkins
07-26-2009, 10:19 PM
The only legend he'll go down as is one of the best dunkers of all-time.

MTar786
07-26-2009, 10:48 PM
How is he Clyde Drexler when Drexler led his team to the finals twice as the hands down best player on the team?

u dont have to agree.. ive been quoted and others have agreed..
but if i MUST make sense to u for some reason.. then id say its give and take.. vc may have done some thing clyde hasnt done.. but at the end of the day.. clyde didnt win a championship as the main guy.. gettin to the finals isnt good enough. btw clydes blazer teams were VERY good.. he wasnt the only great player..
their careers would seem very alike if vc wins with orlando. maybe not 100% alike.. but very close.. and like i said others agree.. u may not.
PS i never said vc was as good as clyde.. that is arguable tho. i just said their careers would be very similar

Raph12
07-26-2009, 10:50 PM
Well Boston's big 3 aren't all-time greats, only Kevin Garnett will go down as one of the best PFs the game has ever seen, Ray Allen is just another great shooter and Paul Pierce is WAY overrated. Before KG and Ray Ray came to Beantown, Boston was one of the worst teams always contending for #8 in the East. Pierce couldn't lead them before and he barely leads them now, all 3 of those guys are equally important, remove 1 of the 3 and Boston goes down, KG proved that last year. With that being said, even if the Magic win, Carter will just be another Pierce, who couldn't do it without at least 2 other Allstars (Dwight and Shard [Nelson won't be the same as he was last year]). But definately will make his career alot more attractive, but All-time great is too much of a stretch

ChaseMe
07-26-2009, 10:56 PM
I'd have to agree- Orlando was just in the playoffs without him. Although I am a true Raptors fan, I still think VC is a very talented player - he took us past the first round of the playoffs. He will never be on the same level as Wade, Lebron or Kobe as he's not the type of player to carry the team without assistance. He's more of a showman- dunks, stats and if he won a championship with Orlando I'd be happy for him.

dre1990
07-26-2009, 11:19 PM
Its stupid to compare Vince to Clyde. Before Clyde was traded, He led his team to the WCF 3 years in a row, and went to the Finals for 2 of those. He never missed the playoffs with the Blazers, and was a 1st teamer, a 2 time 2nd teamer, and a 3 teamer. Vince is a great player, and IMO will end up in the HOF but look at the years of himin Toronto and NJ. hes a 1X 2nd teamer and a 1X 3rd teamer. He has been to The playoffs 5x in his 11 years, never been out of the 2nd round, and has ever had a 50 win or better season. looks alot different to me

King P
07-26-2009, 11:41 PM
I'm not saying VC is better than those guys, but to say that you can't compare him with the other guys, i disagree. One poster here mentioned all the things that Kobe, MJ, etc could do. Vince Carter could do all those things that they could do, just not as good as them. That's why those guys are better than Vince. And don't talk about how angry Vince was at the Raptors and the trade. Kobe would get frustrated whenever the Lakers would lose and even demanded a trade. The difference is the the Lakers actually listened to Kobe's crying pleas and made moves to make the team better and Kobe happy (ie. Pau Gasol), while the Raptors organization ignored Carter and shipped him off.

Vince Carter never had the teams Jordan or Kobe had. And please don't get me started on Kobe. Kobe had Shaq along with all the other good role players. But Shaq was the focal point. Shaq was dominant at a time where there weren't any other dominating centers. Take Shaq out, the Lakers win squat.

If you would have replaced Kobe with Vince Carter, Tracy McGrady, or Allen Iverson the Lakers would have still won 3 championships. In fact, if you would have replaced Kobe this year with Wade, Lebron, Carter, or Roy the Lakers would have still won the championship.

Just my opinion, don't start trying to belittle me bigots

Penetra8r
07-26-2009, 11:45 PM
Over rated